Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Inflorescence Byredo for women
dislike

soapy
Inflorescence Byredo for women Pictures

In order to celebrate the awakening of nature and the beginning of Spring 2013, founder and creative director of the niche house of Byredo,Ben Gorham, will present the new fragrance named INFLORESCENCE. The focus of the new floral fragrance is on a wild garden transferring the strength and beauty of flowers and the perfect moment when they reach their dramatic peak of blooming.

The new creation has resulted in combining carefully selected notes which are to offer and intertwine intoxicating, honey and fresh floral aromas, without deserting the Spring theme in any moment. The composition opens with rich and intoxicating rose petals scent combined with honey pink freesia. The heart adds a cool spring wave of citrusy-green lily of the valley and creamy magnolia, intertwining their scents to the very base dominated by luxurious jasmine with its sweet freshness. The fragrance Inflorescence is available in the characteristic flacon as 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Rose Pink Freesia

Magnolia Lily-of-the-Valley

Jasmine

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorissimo Eau de Toilette
Jessica McClintock

Inflorescence Fragrance Reviews

chove
chove

The season of winter-spring may only be a conception here in the northern hemisphere, but it's definitely what I associate Inflorescence with when sniffing the opening. Calving ice, birch sap and metallic scented, waterlogged grounds patched with snow comes to mind. It's a scent of expectation of buds opening rather than an actual floral mix, which of course is in order in a scent that gathers some of the floral notes that are renowned particularly for their bright, peppery and citrusy abilities.

Unfortunately, what follows is a heavy soap smell without enough complementation and by the drydown Inflorescence leaves me with an impression of a rather dull, thin and even frigid perfume. Somebody looking for green freshness but is seeking to avoid both traces of muskiness and sweetness might experience this fragrance very differently.

scoovale
scoovale

This is so byredo: Cold, a bit distant. I noticed this in most of the byredo parfums, they are never voluptuos, crazy or passionate but more calm, cool and collected. Inflorescence is a good example. I do Like it although i can't say the same For some People around me.. Lily of the Valley is always a question of taste. in this case it is so very delicate and inoffensive. On My skin it disappears after one hour leaving a green note behind. It opens very citrusy but in a good way, Like muguet sorbet. I smell no Jasmine neither rose. But i actually Like it like this. Everytime i think of it, i see a Young woman dressed in White in a garten with a first spring sun. The only problem is that it lasts only a couple of hours on me but maybe is my skins fault, as is much too dry. If i could spend money on many parfums, maybe i would buy it. I always wanted a muguet parfum but too often they are too intense.

CaraMarie
CaraMarie

Very fresh spring scent without any indoles, fecal notes, bitterness or sharpness. To my nose this is a smooth, dewy, slightly green lily of the valley scent with just a hint of magnolia, jasmine, honeysuckle and rose. The fragrance doesn't evolve too much and overall smells of spring florals in the rain. This is one of those scents that isn't groundbreaking, just a very well done soft, clean floral. I agree with others who mentioned this as a modern version of Diorissimo. Very easy to love in my opinion

FragFrog

Very overpowering flower smell. Nothing like Muget. Tried to like it but to my regret it gave me a headache. Same with the Flowerhead ... Sometimes less is more

Calvini
Calvini

Nowhere near Diorissimo! Much sweeter and not nearly as sharp.. I like this one a lot because it's truly a floral scent not tempered by anything else (citrus, woods, musk or powdery notes)

AveParfum
AveParfum

Modern take on the classic Diorissimo. I had a brand new vintage mini with the houndstooth pattern, and I gave it away to someone who treasured it more than I could. This reminds me of it. Really nice, green muguet; but the surprise was the enormous and very true jasmine note. Without seeing the notes first, I thought I had hit the jackpot of jasmine perfumes. I find the lily of the valley here to be quite realistic, as close to Diorissimo as I think I have ever encountered. I have sampled so many from Byredo, and I am beginning to think they can do no wrong in my eyes.

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Ayax Floral Fiesta all the way. I'm sorry but I could never shake off this association.
Very active and screechy muguet, and not belevable or naturalistic. Or probably this just didn't work on my skin chemistry, because all I could get was floral song, sung by an off-tune children's chorus. Cute, but I would never wear it again. If you want a beautiful floral from hottie Gorham, try la Tulipe, way more original and unforgettable.

FragFrog

Has a bitter green undertone, like the whiff in water in the vase with LOV after several days ? Not unpleasant but earthy and dewy .

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Springtime dewy Lily of the Valley, followed by an accord of roses, freesia and jasmine. Mostly Lily of the Valley and rose though. Sweet, delicate, subtle. Moderate sillage and longevity. Would like it to be stronger and longer, but overall, this is an excellent spring perfume. The fragrance is very pretty, and fresh. The Lily of the Valley is realistic and natural smelling, right out of a woodland garden. The hint of rose gives it a rich undertone. Uplifting, happy perfume!

400blows
400blows

Walking down a city lane today I caught a piercing whiff of this on a cool young thing striding out in a worldproof sound bubble. Almost wondered if it was Diorissimo, though it seemed more lemony. More like Envy. Straight to the shop then, to follow up.
So for me it's been a totally addictive mix of fresh crushed stems, citrus and less-sweet flowers such as Lily of the Valley/Daphne perhaps, followed later with a dry/creamy combination that is quite strange, like freshly saddle-soaped tack spread with pulverised gardenias. There's a magnolia tree in my garden, but that lemony peppery scent wasn't there. Rather the citrus was directly clean and zesty. People tend not to like powerful citrus. There can never be too much for me, if nothing else jars.
The creamy sweet/acid note seems the one jarring element to this. It's the thing I've always recoiled from in fragrances like LouLou and Poême. Never have chased down precisely what it is. If anyone could enlighten me I'd be grateful.
Still, the absolute delight of the opening notes has me hooked and the leathery dry down is interesting, so this one is under serious consideration.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

A retail regret.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

This is like a bar of soap.
I get no LOTV, just freesia and dishwashing liquid, from the name I imagined some incensce and something darker, but this is squeaky clean for ~$200. Clean dishes from start to finish.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Lily of the valley with lemon. Fresh, like the freshness you can find in, for example Herba fresca , but far to simple & shortlasting for this price.

talnyc
talnyc

Man oh man...this is one STRONG floral. The lily of the valley dominates this fragrance. If this is a note that you love, then this is the scent for you.

My nose could not handle this at all. The good news it that the longevity dies on this, and the jasmine and other middle/bottom notes come into play and becomes faint.

Not my favorite, and there are other Muguet/Lily of the Valley scents that are better than this one.

Maison71
Maison71

This is an absolutely ravishing scent, flowers upon flowers, but it completely disappeared within four hours on my skin. I would probably wear this all the time if it had more of a base.

EDIT: Actually, I've decided it's a perfect fragrance for warm summer days when I want a light scent without any muskiness or woodiness.

Allinug
Allinug

At first a beautiful smell of Lily of the Valley and then that beautiful smell is gone. Then comes a weird smell of Lily of the Valley and the other flowers, a really bad mix, discusting.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Byredo Parfums Inflorescence
I like when designers take something great from the past, and give it a new twist. One of my favorite websites is a blog called “new dress a day”. Every day, this talented and creative seamstress takes a one dollar dress from the thrift store and redesigns it into a current fashion, with all the before, during, and after photos. All of the things she’s created so far have been beautiful, unique, and creative, all on the tiniest budget. It’s proof that you don’t need to spend a lot of money to produce something great - the trick is to start with a great idea, find something with potential, to have enough vision to see something new in something old day after day, and to have the skills to pull it off – both technically and aesthetically. The downside is that if your creation clings too hard to the past, it’s going to be hard to revision it in the present and breathe new life into it.

The same could be said for this fragrance. Inflorescence was a blind test for me and my first ever test of a Byredo perfume. I wore it today because of the name alone. I am wearing a dress with an embroidered floral print; so I wanted a fragrance with a strong floral heart, and the name, Inflorescence, seemed to fit. I had no idea what a treat I was in for! This reminds me so much of my beloved Lauren by Ralph Lauren, which has a heart of freshly picked and green mixed flowers against a background of greenery. That fragrance is what began my obsession with green bouquets where I spent quite a bit of time exploring fragrances like Calyx and Chanel No. 19. I absolutely love the pairing of green notes with freshly picked flowers. Byredo has taken this same idea – a freshly picked bouquet, paired it down to just a few flowers and amped them up, and put the green notes center stage. I would say that this is more of a bouquet of greenery with a few simple but strong flowers in focus. On my skin, the green is so fresh and vivid and just slightly herbal. On the first testing, I would have sworn that it had fresh cilantro and celery notes. Later, it dries down to a rather loud and clear bouquet of super green and slightly damp lilies of the valley softened by vivid pink and coral roses. It’s absolutely lovely and a very modern twist on an old classic. Thank you, Byredo.

Gilsan
Gilsan

Lilly of the vally and grape peel. It smells very realystic and fresh. Although you have to really like super flowery smells.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Very transparent minimalist scent. Cross between Antonia's Flowers and La Tulipe. Its like a hologram of a fresh bouquet- it looks real, it smells real, but its intangible. The moment you try to bury your nose in it, it disappears. Pretty expensive for a hologram of a scent, rather than a fleshed out one.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

It is really a nice scent - no more - no less. For me it is a mixture of Pleasures (because of the prominent lily of the valley) and Tulipe (another fragrance of Byredo). So far I have not found anything innovative in the fragrances of Byredo - they just don't captivate me enough to become a fan.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

So innocent and ladylike. Nothing heavy. It reminds me of a woman who's always nice. She writes thank you notes on engraved personalized stationery. She's always carrying an umbrella, in case. She's prepared, never careless, always on time, always forgiven. But she chews her fingernails, and despite what's in fashion, she always prefers things simple. Her fish is grilled, and her favorite flower is the Daisy. This smells like sunshine, like a little girl delighting in matured weeds.

michael.j
michael.j

Over a period of several weeks, I worked my way through most, if not all, of this house's work. I didn't find anything groundbreaking. All of their work is within well established idioms. The bottles are sort of nice, but they're more trendy than timeless. I had a conversation with the person selling this line at Le Bon Marché in Paris and he advised me to skip it entirely and go toward more innovative houses. That's not good when the person hired to sell a line tells you you'd be better off with a less parvenu competitor. Another "instant" house which seems to have been born overnight is Parfumerie Générale. Nice stuff, but you have to wonder about a house, which is to say Pierre Guillaume, that produces so many scents so quickly.

hunterblu
hunterblu

The notes deffinately bring to mind a perfect springtime moment. Looking forward to smelling this one.

Inflorescence by Byredo 3.90 out of 5 based on 126 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Inflorescence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Byredo Inflorescence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Inflorescence by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Inflorescence by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.