Designers » B » Floral « Groups

La Tulipe Byredo for women
dislike

herbal
La Tulipe Byredo for women Pictures

La Tulipe was presented in 2010 as a fresh and clean floral fragrance with top notes of rhubarb, cyclamen and freesia. A heart incorporates floral notes of tulip, while a base finishes with greenery, blond wood and vetiver. The fragrance can be purchased as 100ml edp.

La Tulipe is built around the idea of the tulip - a flower reminiscent of morning moist gardens and by being one of the season's first flowers to open its bud; the tulip has become a symbol for the rebirth of spring.

"I have always loved tulips and decided to create a fragrance that spoke of the whole idea of the flower.  To do this I wanted to capture its shy characteristic - and combine that with the expressive physicality it bears."  – Ben Gorham La Tulipe was created by Jerome Epinette and Ben Gorham.

Freesia Cyclamen Rhuburb

pink tulip

Woodsy Notes vetyver Green Notes

La Tulipe Fragrance Reviews

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - vetiver, tulip water & woods.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

It's a nice clean,fresh,floral and green perfume.
The projection and Longevity are good.
It's a kind of floral,green scent of byredo.
unique and interesting fragrance.certainly It's a feminine perfume.I prefer wearing it in warm weather.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

dreamstate
dreamstate

Wow wow wow. Absolutely stunning. Reminds me of Gypsy Water in the dry down, but more feminine, which I just LOVE. I'm definitely purchasing this. Must have for any woman who want a sexy, beautiful, mysterious, scent... Its a very sensual smell in my opinion, not for the shy!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Fresh, green and eventually freesia. The base notes continue to be pleasant, if somewhat average.

karenqqli
karenqqli

Tried La Tulipe by Byredo in the stall, smell clean and fresh, yet I thought it is too plain. If anyone have tried French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone, i would say the scent of La Tulipe smells exactly like the former.

Sillage is moderate and so does longevity. Not a must buy.

ana hen
ana hen

I tested "tulipe" twice at cold weather and once at very warm April. It much better at cold rainy days - prominent very natural smell of tulips and green juicy leaves.

Love it very much,want it terribly (still have too much perfumes)but will maybe buy it for myself at birthday present.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Oh, this is fantastic! Clean and fresh with a sort of innocence, it captures the non-scented tulip flower to perfection. Neil Morris' Rainflower was always my favorite tulip inspired fragrance, but La Tulipe tops even that. Incredible fragrance!

Emma0714
Emma0714

This reminds me alot or a shower gel or shampoo I used to have in the 90's when I was a kid! Can not for my life recall the name of it; but I got the same vibe from No. 07 White Patchouli & Cedarwood from Rituals as well.

That being said, I think this fragrance is a lovely little creature. It's white, crisp, clean, innocent and almost airy. Like blooming flowers in morning dew somewhere on a mountain. (Imagine that picture on a shower gel bottle)

I wonder if this is the fragrance Galadriel from Lord of The Rings would wear. It has that elvish-beauty wibe going on.

Escoteric
Escoteric

I got this after purchasing a bottle of Extreme No.1, by First in Fragrance situated in Germany, (what a disappointment regarding the item I had ordered), I opened the box and thought this is divine, my bottle may have broken,however the learning curve was an expensive one and so was the silver lining attached to the experience. They had enclosed a card with a white down feather with Byredo La Tulipe penned on it. I though wow this box smells superb. I am a bloke and I thought this is absolutely apposite of a fluffy downy, white feather. This is what I guess heaven smells like, fresh clean, and I imagine a white room, with sheer curtains billowing in the wind and spotless cotton bedding. A bowl of calla lilies adorning the dresser, with a jug of ice water. This is clean, clean, fresh. It just states cleanliness is next to godliness. I have to confess if I smelt this on a woman, I would think she is pure and virginal as the driven snow. It would not inflame me or arouse me, just make me think there is more to this person than having a wild time on those white sheets. On a man I think it would make someone think even if you had tattoos and a scar across your face and holding a bottle of meths and sleeping on the bench, wow thats one well groomed hobo or hard luck case. Its the sort of smell that if the entire bus was empty I would sit right next to the wearer. It is spectacular. Salvation lies in a bottle usually containing alcohol, and this whilst I urge you not to drink its contents, means you are in that ethereal world already. A tattoo is probably cheaper than this and carries less risk of me coming and pestering you on the bus!

Delila
Delila

My goodness, this is outstanding. Feminine, flowery and very sexy. It's also strong - you won't need much, which is good given the price.

The only downside for me is that it does not develop or transform with the dry down. I find I get fed up of smelling this initially fantastic perfume on myself. My man does not though - he just continues to enjoy it.

It also lasts quite a while, though when it's gone, it's really gone - it vanishes, leaving no residue.

Don't let these caveats put you off - they are just FYI. It's a fabulous quality fragrance with class.

Follow up: Others mentioned this smells like Lilac Path by Aerin Lauder. It does. I checked them side by side, one on each arm, and they appear identical or extremely close to it. Lauder might have a fraction more complexity...or that might be my imagination.

Nadia1401
Nadia1401

This smells identical to Aerin Lauder's lilac path. Very, very sweet floral, hard to ignore, but pleasant. Very girly though.

Fortunista
Fortunista

The imagery that this scent evokes for me is simply divine. It is what I imagine stepping into a Monet painting smells like... Or Keukenhof: An expansive field of the freshest, most perfect red tulips, experienced on the most perfect spring day. There is a wooden, drafty and clean farmhouse in the middle, and a windmill slowly churning the freshest, lightest air through white linens clung to a line. Truly blissful. I wear this often. It is a top 5 fragrance for me.

beatrix75

Strong and long lasting fresh dream fragrance .like u walking in a tulip garden in holland 10/10

lilalina
lilalina

Very soapy, kind of cheap in my opinion. Disappointing.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens with freesia and rhubarb and water notes. Then, crispy notes that remind me of green apples, floral notes and a balsamic undertone. Quite sweet, but also with green notes in the background. From here the scent is pretty linear, the drydown is a bit more soapy but it doesn't change much.

Sillage is moderate, longevity moderate to long, quite good!

This scent doesn't smell like tulips, but gives a lovely impression of spring. Like a watercolor painting of a vase with fresh flowers, colorful and radiant. Too watery for my taste, but this is a good crisp floral.

beatrix75

Perfect spring summer fragrance very long lasting green feminine adorable

AveParfum
AveParfum

Have been wearing La Tulipe all day today, very linear, but I like it a lot! It is constructed with the perfect balance of tangy and sweet and takes me straight to spring and into early summer with sunshine, green plants, and granny smith apples. Unlike so many perfumes of this type, it does not dry down to an ambiguous cedar-musk type of base. It remains crisp and fresh for the 12+ hours it stays on the skin. La Tulipe is a classic and feminine green floral. Nice!

becuille
becuille

I've been searching for my perfect spring scent and I think I've found it in this.

This starts out as a crunchy green snap, but soon develops into what to me is a fairly aquatic floral. I think it's the cyclamen that does it. I know it's not a water flower, but it always smells beautifully aquatic to me. It's one of my favourite notes, so I'm happy to find it so prominent here.

This reminds me a lot of Ciel by Amouage. I've been coveting a full bottle of that one for a while now, but I think this would work just as well at a fraction of the price.

This isn't an overly complicated perfume. It starts out green, moves to aquatic floral fairly quickly then stays there. But I'm ok with that. I was looking for something clean, simple, fresh and floral and this ticks all of those boxes for me.

It's a very happy kind of a scent. It makes you smile just like that first clear day of spring. FB worthy for me.

Moderate sillage and around 8 hours longevity.

peppermoon
peppermoon

Clean floral, nice texture (soft rather than sharp, without being powdery). Dose of cashmeran. Boring. I think this scent and Blanche are meant to aim for the Asian market, which prefers light inoffensive scents.

nathalie87
nathalie87

To me this smells very "scandinavian" if that has a smell! I dont know what it is but something about this and also some other byredo perfumes gives me this assosation.. it just has this simpel clean elegance to it, and i love it! Maybe it is the smell off tulips, which is a true sign of spring in all of scandinavia, and probobly many other places in the world:) i have no idea what it is. What i like about this perfume is that it is flowery and green, and after a short while it becomes a little bit sort of green spicy, maybe it is the vetiver..?

akhala
akhala

This fragrance combines happiness and love; truly a representation of early spring. For me this is like walking barefoot on fresh, wet grass in the morning. Some first flowers, lemon trees and just popped out wild strawberries are surrounding me. And then... then I notice the tulips. I pick several and bring them home, put them in a glass vase on a wooden table, open the windows. The breeze, bringing in the lushness of the day, and the sun, bringing in the joy, enter the room. Simply amazing!
I blind bought this, just knowing that I will love it. And I really do. Also, the magnetic cap of the bottle is fun.
As the days become warmer I will definitely wear this very often. On me longevity is satisfying: around 6 hours. Quite unusual and noticeable.

Lana148
Lana148

Happy floral, truly feminine fragrance - fresh, aromatic, little aquatic and sweet.

This is not tulip only fragrance, so much more going on here, like a large beautiful floral bouquet! I really like this creation, although floral is not my thing.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

Love. I bought this in spite of my self-imposed floral ban of 2014. Very pleasant and easy. But the longevity is a shame.

nathalie_soleil
nathalie_soleil

Very lovely floral perfume! Feels like a fresh morning of Spring with the tulips and the wet grass. Beautiful tulip scent that opens very green but becomes sweeter and spicier in the dry down phase. Very feminine! Perfect Spring perfume hovewer it stays very close to the skin with a nice longevity (5-6 hours)

andabri
andabri

This literally smells like the petals of flowers in full bloom, lush and waxy. I get more freesia and star gazer lily (that waxy, petal scent) than tulip. Though I've only ever smelled tulips a few times, so I'm not an expert on them. It's green, but not a fresh, crisp, green, more like big dewy leaves, wet and cool and damp. There's a haze of a general soapy smell woven throughout it, I say haze, because it isn't full blown; sometimes it smells like soap, other times it enhances the floral fragrance. Overall, very lovely scent.

SamaraInUSA
SamaraInUSA

I was given a bottle of La Tulipe by Byredo as a gift a few years ago as I’m a big fan of floral and crisp scents for summer. I fell in love with the smell out of the bottle; strong floral smell just bursts into the nostrils and fills your brain with spring. However, on my skin it was a very disappointing experience. The light top notes of greens dissipate within 20 minutes and what’s left behind is the creator’s rendition of what a tulip would smell like.
Tulips are my 3rd favorite flower after roses and peonies for their eclectic beauty and a variety of gorgeous forms. They have trace of smells and I always wondered how would a perfumer “see” the tulip and what it would smell like.
This fragrance becomes very soapy very quickly with strong flat notes of lilac flowers with gossamer hints of rhubarb’s fresh sourness and a tad of vetiver warmth and earthy grass smell. Then the smell becomes almost annoying as it becomes intoxicating and I could not smell anything else for a while. I was very disappointed at the longevity because, at least on my skin, it does not last for more than an hour, and then a very frail sense of soap is left behind. I have decided to give this fragrance to my mom as a gift and she just loves it because it reminds her of a Russian fragrance with lilac and Lilly of the valley that she had when she was in her early 20s.
I think that this smell has a very strong signature of the late 70s, the intent of light, carefree innocent florals. And as a tradition that I have, I like to think of who would wear that perfume. I get a very strong picture of a French singer, Chantal Goya with her joyous and naïve songs about happy days and sunny mood.

talnyc

I never could discern a scent from tulips, but that is not what comes to mind when I tried and bought this scent. I experienced fresh, green florals. Not too strong, as the green notes brings it down. I thought this scent was no way near like the strong Flowehead. This is one that sinus sufferers can wear.

I really loved that it reminded me of Spring in Central Park, linden blossom trees and other white flowers, mixed with scents of green are present.

Verka81
Verka81

to me it smells of lime tree blossoms. i love it

evilarchitect
evilarchitect

Love. Neon candied flowers behind a florist's window under a similarly neon sign. Clean, vibrating, liquid, neon flowers. In my mind this one could've been Inflorescence.

FrHanne
FrHanne

Similar to Marc Jacobs Splash Grass

pioggia-secca
pioggia-secca

I really adore tulips, and so I wanted this madly.
To me it's not the 100% exact tulip representation in perfume, but it's the closest one, so I am very much satisfied.
And the design of the bottle and the package appeal to me much as well - minimalistic and clean. Very nice.

tulipgirl
tulipgirl

One of the first I've bought!
La Tulipe...beautiful name, and special fragrance too!
Of course it's FLORAL, as you know tulips don't smell a lot, like other flowers do , but i can imagine the tulip bulbs becoming beautiful flowers in bloom...
I think this fragrance is really good,well studied.
I can smell inside it cyclamen and freesia, like other people wrote in their review. White flowers with a spicy hint and fragrant note, but the ensemble is FRESH.
It's a unique scent to me, haven't smell similar parfums. LIKE!

Michael1962
Michael1962

Meticulously constructed clean and green interpretation of the aroma of a blooming tulip dripping with water.
I'm really picking up a subtle waxy floral,which is so understated but enhanced with a rhubarb and freesia note.
La Tulipe has a classic elegance about it,not overpowering at all,and is so well blended that I don't pick up the base notes at all.Mores the pity as I would like to pick up some vetiver in the drydown.
Nevertheless its a perfect warmer weather fragrance and one you would wear for yourself and not to draw attention from others.
Highly recommended for the discerning parfum lover.

This fragrance doesn't smell tulip. Freesia and cyclamen mix, only not tulip unfortunately. Disappointment(

MLK
MLK

I had to sample this perfume several times in store before I finally decided to purchase. The more times I wore it, the better I liked it till I couldn't resist and had to add it to my collection. I love that it is floral and a bit spicy at initial spray, then it dries down to a soft floral which is beautiful and very feminine. This is my fourth Byredo fragrance purchase and I have not regretted buying any of them.

They are all so unique and special in their own way. I change my perfumes depending on my mood. La Tulipe is for every day, I also have Seven Veils which is very long lasting and sensual. Black saffron is exquisite and i have 2 bottles of it as it is so addictive and Bal D'Afrique is gorgeous for day or night. I'm truly enjoying my Byredo fragrances.
Some of them you may love instantly, others may take you a few tries before they get you hooked. My next purchase might be Pulp by Byredo.... I initially did not like this fragrance at first, now it is growing on me.
La Tulipe is so beautiful that you can't go wrong wearing it, it will be very acceptable to wear to work as it is not over powering and I'm sure you will receive compliments.

jamie.smith

I love this fragrance much more than I used to. I feel it wears really well in the fall. Originally, I was disgusted by the soapy dry down, but it's actually grown on me. It's more of an aquatic soapy tinge, not a dry/powdery one. Besides getting a little soapy at the end, it stays pleasantly spicy and earthy on my skin, usually forcing me into a calmer mood. I love rhubarb, so my love for this scent was inevitable I suppose! :)

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

La Tulipe is my personal favourite Byredo fragrance. I confess I don't really know what tulips smell like, but if it's anything like this fragrance, I love them!

I agree with another reviewer about bananas, it's the first note that I come across. Thankfully this dissipates into a fresh, elegant and sensual mix of flowers with a subtle woody base. The finish is a little powdery but not enough to put me off the fragrance.

Decent sillage. The fragrance lasts for about half a day on my skin and about a month on clothes.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Real tulips do have a smell. And actually this is very similar to real tulips. I am considering very strongly to own this gem!!

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Yes it is nice, for a spring fragrance,but as far as I know, tulips do not have distincive smell as such therefore the name of the fragrance is misleading. All I can smell is a soapy floral fragrance, mainly freesia, possibly cyclamen. It is a fresh floral perfume but nothing special.

Perfumeoasis
Perfumeoasis

WOW what a beauty scent! Spring,scent of Tulip fields in Holland,optimism, elegance, very good sillage.
I LOVE it!

Francouzka
Francouzka

BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE! I MUST have it immediately! I fell in Love with La Tulipe when testing it for the first time. It lasts and lasts on me very good. I am happy to have found a beautiful and unique scent for me. It´s a green, clean, sexy blend with Tulip dominancy. La Tulipe is something very special!

scentous
scentous

I am sorry guys but I really don't think tulip is a flower to be chosen for making perfume. I live in a tulip country, we have tulips all over in spring, for the matter I have my own tulips in my garden, honestly they don't have a distinctive smell at all. So, this scent is about loud spring flowers (mostly cyclamen and freesia), and it is very linear. However I have to admit that sillage and longevity are very good.

rosarossa
rosarossa

Not very impressed, I can't 'understand' their fragrances but for me this is only an extravagant and expensive frag: niche perfumery must be more than this. On the other hand I can't find real tulips really smelling!

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

La Tulipe is my latest love affair.

It opens with green, crisp, dewy freesia, the kind you smell at the florist.
mixed in a cool breeze from a bamboo forest.

The florals gets sweeter, warmer and slightly spiced after 1 hour of wear.
But sits rather linear from beginning to end.

Lasting power is not the best,
but I simply cannot resist this airy little beauty.

LOVE IT!!

Shalimar57
Shalimar57

I wonder how I could survive till now without tasting and wearing it. I Love so much

jamie.smith

Simple and clean. At first it comes off as a sunny spring morning. This was nice at first but dried down to an unnerving sort of soapy green note and by the time it went away I was completely put off.

lara0905
lara0905

Today I've been on our monthly shopping tour with my best friend and we just took a look in the swedish Nordiska Kompaniet's perfume section(in Stockholm). I had luck to try two Byredo fragrances on my skin. One of them was La Tulipe.

Hmmm...I don't know really where I should start my thoughs about this perfume...ok, I begin with the positiv side.:)

First impressions after opened the bottle: pleasant, springlike,promising uplifting aroma, very light floral with lively green shadows.(As I know the tulip has not much smell originally, so, I think the creators just try to catch the image of this flower in this perfume.)
But.After application its face really changes into a soapy-greeny floral, with loads of jasmin on me.Actually the top notes are those aromas what I really enjoyed in this perfume. After 10 minutes it's really reminds me of clean shampoo smell, or freshly showered skin's smell.As it dries, tiny woody tone makes the scent a tiny bit subdued.It's a kind of dewy fresh scent,little aquatic- woodsy floral. Realistic representiton the image of this simple but fragile spring flower.

The bad side is: this simplicity is reflected in the perfum's linearity,to me it's seems like the creators not invested too much effort when they create this juice. Another negative point is the price...I think 150€ is incredibly overpriced for 50 ml perfume. Just look around on the market:to my nose CLEAN Shower Fresh or Demeter's Rain layered with Wet Garden very identical with this fragrance and you have to pay a quarter of price for it.

I expected a bit more from this perfume, but somehow she's not talking to me and sadly, I had the same experience with the other scent what I've tried( Gipsy Water EdP) today:(..I'm a little disappointed..:(

balmainlady
balmainlady

Very French! Beautiful! and So spring!

id
id

silent soapy floral scent, nice and light but not special enough for me to buy a full bottle. It doesn't smell like tulips. Longevity is good about 7 hours on my skin.

talnyc

I tried this scent at Barneys on 01-14-12, and I think this scent is a strong floral. It is very nice, but to me, it smells like white flowers and I think that this is a very nice spring/summer fragrance. The body cream is very, very nice. You can wear this all year long as it is not a strong as the fragrance.

bitgit609
bitgit609

This is by far the best scent for spring and summer: it is a wonderful, sweet and at the same time fresh (pink:) tulip, with a base of soft musk. makes you feel happy, 10 years younger at any age and beautiful.
sillage is good, but it doesnt last very long, only 3 hours. you have to spray several times a day, not fine by the high price tag. but people (especially men) compliment me often, so it s worth the money:)

Cereza
Cereza

I've been very dissapointed with Byredo fragrances before as they are expensive and always lack something to be worth the price tag, but La Tulipe has earned her way in my wishlist.
When I first applied it, I feared that it was to airy, too gentle, but it was marvelously beautiful. It opened crispy green with gentle and feminine freesia, it felt a bit like cold spring morning with wet grass, flowers all around and it smells just lovely. The heart part and the drydown is very similiar - sweet flowers with just tiny bits of vetyver.
The sillage is not great, it stays close to skin, but is very noticable when you let someone close enough, the scent is made to be this way as it is very inviting, sweet and comforting.
The longevity is okay for me, it lasts for 5-6 hours and even if the price tag would ask for a longer lasting time, I find it to be okay.

A must try for those who love feminine florals.

mashakiri
mashakiri

A very nice, fresh and energizing smell. But unfortunately it was noticeable on my skin for 2 hours only... It's too fast even for edt I think. But anyway if it stays longera definite must have for those who love light and flowery feeling of middle spring.

kerini
kerini

At first sniff it smells exactly like tulips to me. Wow!
Afterwards I get mostly cyclamen, freesia and something green. Doesn't smell like tulips but it does give the impression somehow if you're not sniffing too hard.

The first 1 to 1 1/2 hours are quite remarkable but the rest just isn't anything special, especially since the fragrance lasts only 3 hours.

I love it but I wouldn't wear it in public. A little harsh and in your face, like walking into a florists. I'd put it on just for me, relaxing alone with a book or something. But then it's just too expensive for that.

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

A lovely green, light flowerey perfume. It doesn't smell like tulips smell (their scent is much more round and spicy), but more like a visual impression of tulips turned into a scent.
La Tulipe is quite rich in aldehydes, but not as much as Byredo's Blanche. Still, they contribute to give it a very fresh feeling of spring, water.
It's kind of similar to the Clean-perfumes, but in my mind more interesting (less like detergents).
It doesn't last very long on my skin, but I like it a lot.

adele l
adele l

Got a decant of this- it is very pretty and fresh, has the florist shop aroma I love. Although it wears close to the skin its staying power is excellent..worth the hefty price tag of a fb- not so sure!

pansylady
pansylady

Very fresh and appealing- and interestingly, I pick up a strong scent of banana!

mymlan
mymlan

I tested La Tulipe in the dept. store and got an immediate crush. It actually smells like fresh, water dripping Tulips. I now need to hunt down a sample vial. A large one.

La Tulipe by Byredo 4.28 out of 5 based on 333 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo La Tulipe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Byredo La Tulipe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Tulipe by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Tulipe by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.