Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pulp Byredo for women and men

Pulp Byredo for women and men
dislike

Pulp Byredo for women and men Pictures Pulp Byredo for women and men Pictures

Pulp by Byredo is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. Pulp was launched in 2008. Top notes are bergamot, cardamon and black currant; middle notes are fig, red apple and tiare flower; base notes are cedar, praline and peach blossom.

Bergamot Cardamon Black Currant

Fig Red Apple Tiare Flower

Cedar Praline Peach Blossom

Pulp Fragrance Reviews

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Byredo Pulp - Fruit Blast.

Wow, what a unique one this is! All those who love fruity scents must give this one a try. This is unlike anything else you've tried, or so I hope.

Starts off with a very powerful juicy opening, most of which is the fig in it. Incredibly edible and realistic, this one makes no effort to shy away and instead, gives a full frontal display of what it is all about right from the start.

Juicy, sweet and sour, the fragrance radiates around you and creates a juicy scent bubble , inviting everyone to come and have a sniff. The combination of fig, blackcurrant and apple creates a wonderful sensation, and invokes a very realistic imagery of a fruit basket.

Versatility wise, it is best worn casually when going out with friends during the summer days. Wouldn't recommend wearing it anywhere else.

As for performance, its a beast. Keeps pumping for hours and radiates very nicely. Quite surprising for a fruity scent as most of them don't perform that well.

All fruit lovers, please take a look and a sniff or two.
All those wary of fruity notes, please proceed with caution.

harpermae
harpermae

Ugh. I'm getting so much bergamot from this. That's the dominant note at the beginning, with some black currant. Not much else. Once it dries down, however, those notes relax a bit, and in enters some fig, apple, and cedar. The dry down is actually quite nice. I just wish I could get past the initial blast more quickly. I wouldn't buy a fb of this. Just not for me. Definitely a unisex scent.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

this smells EXACTLY like a body lotion I used to have from this now-defunct Aussie cosmetics brand named Stuf. So much so that I just bought a bottle because I truly miss the scent.
It's an unusual fruity scent that takes a certain person or situation to be able to pull it off--honestly I don't think I can myself, thankfully it stays pretty close to the skin (as all Byredo fragrances do) so now I'm just quietly enjoying it by myself.

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

I like this scent very much. I get great longevity out of it and it projects well. I do find it overly fruity (in a good way surprisingly), making it a little more feminine IMO. This is one to be tried before you buy. I love it, but I can see why some wouldn't . Get a tester and wear it a couple days. try it more than once. For me, it's a great day scent.

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

Am I the only one who get extremely poor longevity on my skin with this one? I LOVE this fragrance but i have to spray my shirt a few times for it to last 8+ hours...but i still bought a bottle and will be wearing this one with a smile :)

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I have an 8 ml decant from decantshop and at first spray did not like it. After wearing it for a few days I can truly say this juice is amazing. I love everything about it. The presentation is simple yet says enough. Basically lets the fragrance do all the talking. I cannot wait to wear more of this stuff. Lasts all day and 2-3 sprays is all you need. Mostly only a spring/summer scent so not too wearable for year round but can be pulled off. My overall rating is a 9/10.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

White flowers, apples, figs, summer, easy, balanced, just right, alluring, signature, white T-shirt. These words all ring clearly in my mind (and nose) when i wear this.

It's nothing extraordinary but it's so well put together in a way that is very convincing and could become addicting to the wearer. And the final outcome of the blend just smells great. Period.

I do get the infamous "rotten fruits" vibe , but only in the top notes. I would actually describe them as "smoky fruits" to be honest and i don't find them that repulsive at all.

This really starts to blossom in the heart and in the drydown when the white flowers start to come out. Just beautiful.

I really like this.

Thumbs up from me !

acidnbase
acidnbase

i was really expecting the worse from Pulp after reading all the reviews and watching some videos on YouTube.. then came my bottle, along with Black Saffron and Bal D'Afrique which were all bought blindly.. first sniff, WOW! this is not what i am expecting! it turned out to be very nice, not so sweet but fresh, fruity, kind of green scent.. i get mostly the fig which i really like together with some citrus notes that persist throughout.. so i gave it a full wearing the other day, it made me smile! wore it again that night and really enjoyed the scent that i was smelling..

i so totally agree with hermano Estebanz that this is a well-balanced concoction.. the sweetness and sourness work hand in hand.. true that is a powerful scent and it lasts long..

i really recommend that this must be tried on skin and should be given time to show its wonder.. people that complain about the garbage, rotting fruit that they smell seem to be focusing more on the top notes, which should not be the basis for judging the performance of any perfume.. if you buy perfumes based on the initial notes that you smell then you're in trouble, you might end up hating it more than loving it..

Estebanz
Estebanz

It's one of my favorites Indeed, there quite a few aspects that I really love about Pulp:
First will be how different it is from everything else on the market for summer.
Second: How powerful and unapologetic it is, 3 sprays will fill up a room with the aroma, and lasting power is 10 plus Hrs.
And last but not least: How this composition manages to do both Sweet & Sour in a genius way, there is lots of sweetness but almost camouflaged by the sour quality of the scent of some of the fruity notes in the composition.
I will say, always sample before you buy,specially with fragrances like Pulp which are unique & strong, Pulp is the definition of a Unique Summer scent,but the main word I will use to describe it will have to be RARE.
Lastly, if it matters, there is a beautiful dominant Fig note in this blend as well.

colinssmith
colinssmith

This smells like a gin and tonic with a bit of cheap perfume swilled into it by mistake.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Pulp is one summer frag which has got balls of Godzilla.

It Starts out very loud and there is blast of fruit ( Raw Fig)and it keeps projecting for next 6 to 8 hours .It is not a very complex frag however its a very fun frag .This is great scent for wearing casually ( On a beach or just going out) though you cant be wearing it on any formal occasion. I feel its best suited for summer and spring .

I will give it 8.5 out of 10 on overall score however you should sample it before buying a bottle .

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I love the fruit blast at the opening of this fragrance. Downright intoxicating and very natural. I have now worn this numerous times as the heat starts building here in Texas and I can see why so many people comment on its legs. This fruity gem is actually performing! The more I wear it, the more I reach for it. It is simple, yet something about it draws me in ever deeper. I can't stop sniffing it. If this fragrance keeps impressing on me like it is now, I could see this easily as a top 10 and maybe even a top 5 scent for me. Still too early to get that enraptured.

My Rating: 9

dsty
dsty

I loved this on a paper strip at the store, but after sampling it for two days I don't think I'm going to buy a bottle. On paper it was all fruit (too intense to tell which ones exactly!) - but in an interesting way, bold. I couldn't stop sniffing it and couldn't wait to get a sample. I was convinced I was going to love it so much I would have to buy it, even though it's expensive. I thought that the price would be justified because of its sillage and longevity (it lasted longer on the paper strip than any of the other perfumes I tried that time).

But on my skin it turns out very differently. The great fruit smell is still there, but the cedar wood (and/or cardamom maybe?) almost overwhelm it, they're so dominant, especially at first, but all the way to the finish too.
These aren't my favourite notes, but it's still interesting and very nice, especially once the woody smell calms down a little and the fruit starts coming through more again. What's worse is that is hasn't got any lasting power on me. Two hours and I have to sniff very closely to smell anything at all. I'd go through the expensive bottle in no time and I don't think I love it enough to justify that.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Overripe? Wow, for me this pulp is nearly raw, barely having a hint of the sweetness of ripened fruits. And absolutely none of that typical bland vanilla/soapy musk sweetness of run-of-the-mill fruity-florals in it.

The note list does not paint an accurate picture about the scent, either - I do not get any blackcurrant; the fig might be there as a hint of fleeting coconutty fruitiness; apples and bergamot? Well, there certainly is some generic citrus at least. The overall tartness suggests something like rhubarb - if anything. Oh yes, this _is_ just generic pulp. And mighty one, shining in shades of unreally bright coral, almost neon hued. Personally i sense a strong synthetic vibe in this, but in a pleasant, balanced way. The wood is there, giving a strong and very well fitting backbone. Unique, very modern and quite beautiful.

Careful with the trigger, though, this is a sillage monster! Lasts for ages and can thus get slightly annoying. Still I love it.

Alvinsii91
Alvinsii91

Based on small decant by Essenza Nobile:

Pulp is a very unusual fruity scent. It's definitely not those typical fresh fruity type of scent. Pulp is either you love it or hate it.

It opens with loud, powerful fruity bomb and yet it smell so natural and unique that I never come across. Nausea? No way. My mouth drooling when I sniff through my arm. Very goumardy, yummy fruit scent WOW FACTOR!!! I will definitely buy the full bottle soon. It's giving me a feel that you blend several fruits together and the result is PULP!

However, it's difficult to find the right occasion to wear it. I cannot imagine myself wearing this to formal occasion. Pulp is really aggresive in term of sillage and longevity. Blind buy? Are you sure? TRY IT ON YOUR SKIN FIRST!

I rate it 8/10. Pulp works extremely well with my skin chemistry. I dont get the rotten, pungent overripe fruity scent that some complaint.

darina.ivanova
darina.ivanova

I got addicted to Pulp. Probably because for me it smells of grilled peppers, which I adore.I am not sure whether I will buy it, but I try it every time when I see Pulp in a shop.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

I really, really like this one. It reminds me of a ripe, fuscia raspberry/pineapple/citrus punch that my family used to make around the holidays. Visually, it brings to mind a woman's fist squeezing dark berries and fruits, the pulp bursting from between her soft fingers, the juices dripping down a beautiful, silky forearm. At the same time it is very sexy and evocative of an encounter full of promise.

I don't get the rotten fruit at all that others have mentioned and am very thankful for that.

Beautiful on women and lightly applied can work well on confident men too.

Spring day wear.

4.5/5

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

3/10.

I love Byredo I really do, if only for 1 of their products. But it's definitely not this one!

Think other reviewers here have summed this up better than I can, but I am on the 'rotting fruit bowl' camp.

Simply I just cannot get past it. It has figs and apples and other crushed n' mashed stuff you'd throw in a fruit punch but where Gypsy Water has smooth, transparent sweetness, this is the 'other place'

It's loud, pungent and again very loud. This lasted through 3 showers + soap scrubs with relative ease. Scary!

Figs, more figs, melons, apples, pears, plums, watermelons, bergamot (the pulp, of course!) in some kind of quantitative order - all minus the sweetness and drizzled with something resembling gone-off grapes/some booze and wood shavings.

I also find a synthetic element that with all of the above can come off very nauseating even from the opening.

People who prefer the less sweet do relate to this very well however, but on my skin, it's definitely the local harvest composter, sorry!

dmoman
dmoman

Perhaps it is one if thoughs frags that either like tour skin or not. I like this very much as it is a fruit basket literally. I can see where someone says it comes off rotten but I personally don't think it goes that far but to me it just starting to decompose and/or over ripe but isn't close to being rotten. It's a very well done fruity aromatic fragrance but to its reputation of being polarizing its rather a try rather than a safe blind buy.

drewqxc
drewqxc

The smell is so vibrant and pure, so simple and intoxicating. I love it.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

I remember sampling a few perfumes from the byredo line at a counter in NK, and accidentally spraying my bags from other stores with one of the perfumes, and falling in love with that weird off-beat scent that got stuck to it when I got home hours later. Fastforward six months I got a sample pack from Luckyscent with the whole line and this one is it, definetly not a safe blind buy, it's hard to describe. So strong fig and blackcurrant. I will cherish my little sample but can't see myself wearing this around people. Is it pulp, is it garbage? try it out.
On my skin it turns sour-like.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Byredo's Pulp is one of the most polarizing scents I have tried thus far on my fragrance journey. I bought it on a whim and that is probably the worst kind of buying you can do folks. No prior testing. Blind buy. Uh oh? No sir.

I was not let down when I received this stuff in the mail. I sprayed it on my wrist and I became enamored with it. The biggest positive? NOTHING I have come across smells like this.

Let's get to the rating system:

Smell: Okay so this part may turn a TON of you way from it. The opening will either repulse you or attract you like a moth to a flame. You will love or hate this fragrance based on the smell. The opening is a heavy dose of Fig, black currant, and apple. You will instantly be reminded of either orange juice pulp, which in this case is very dry like it has been sitting in the sun too long but still retaining a bit of its moisture. The drydown is where this thing REALLY shines. It is almost indescribable how this thing metamorphoses on my skin. The fig is constant throughout this thing, but the pairing with the apple is just splendid. Rating: 8/10

Projection: This is considered a Floral Fruity. I would consider it a Fruity Aromatic. Why? Because it is very aromatic. People WILL notice you from a good distance. I haven't come across too many citrus frags that project this well. This is very noticeable from a full arm's length distance away. In some cases, I was told it filled the room I was in and people couldn't help but ask me what I was wearing. It is a projection MONSTER. Rating 10/10

Longevity: This stuff lasts and lasts. 12+ hours any given wearing. You definitely get what you pay for and this thing is on the scale at BEAST MODE on longevity. Rating: 10/10

Price: Okay here's where it takes a hit. This stuff is considered niche so expect to drop some cash. This juice costs around 155 dollars from Byredo's website. That's for the 50 mL bottle. If you buy the 3.4, it's over 200 dollars. A little expensive, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. Rating: 8/10

Average Rating: 9/10.

Final conclusion: It's a definite try, especially if you're into those artistic/weird/unique scents. Like I said, it's a love it or hate it fragrance so please, don't do as I did. Test it before you buy it and when you do, let me know what you think of it.

almarie

Ok, so I really do like this. I have gotten used to this sample and I am really digging this! I like anything peach or apricot and I really do pick up on these notes. However, I checked Barneys website, and I cannot justify purchasing the $220 dollar bottle, LOL. So, I will just use up my sample.

almarie

This is just ok to me. I just received my samples from Surrender To Chance, and I picked this ones as well as others, but I really don't get the hype on this scent. I can certainly understand why some people think this smells awful!

I was shocked while testing it. This fragrance opened nearly like chicken bouillon from pockets. Awful(

aeg8193
aeg8193

This is not good. Smells overdone and synthetic. I'm usually tolerant with all smells but this one burns the back of my throat. Smells like a cheap fruity shampoo, and smells IDENTICAL to Dolce & Gabbana's Anthology no. 3

serchina
serchina

This fruity juice is like all in one. It is so juicy with flowers in background but still perfect for those who dont like fruity perfumes. Lovely combination of black currant, red apple, fig and bergamot. Even I could swear there is also plum inside.
Longevity and sillage are amazing. I had a paper strip that smelled a whole week in my handbag and everytime I opened my bag it spread a smell around 2-3 meters. Great job!

Gilsan
Gilsan

Tis smells like a pinjacolada on me. Very ripe pineapple and coconut milk. Super sweet and fruity.

kris919
kris919

Opening Thought: Why is this called "Pulp" ? this should be called "apple peel & fig skin that has been sprayed with DDT and various other poisons dropped from a plane by a guy named Bubba who doesn't even have a license to fly" . More simply and less dramatic though...it also smells like dollar store room spray.

Middle Thoughts: Ok, this is getting better, it's very fruity. I can't pick out individual notes at all, but at least it no longer smells like synthetic poison. But I can find something similarly fruity for $10 at TJ Maxx. I wonder if this will change to something even better?

Drydown Thought: it doesn't.

Final Thought: Overall, this is like getting canned fruit cocktail for dessert at somebody's dinner party. Oddly, It's served in a dish made of fine wedgewood china.

Byredo bottle= around $200.
Juice= DelMonte fruit cocktail $2.99.
In a nutshell: Nice fruity perfume after you get passed the opening, but not worth $200!

drakecito
drakecito

A very well made gourmand made with sweet fruity.
More on the femenine side but I like it.
Longevity and projection are good, is fresh and can wear it on summer.

Scent: 6.5/10
Sillage: 6/10

Descartes
Descartes

Too much citrus, too much fig, too much of everything, smells artificial, synthetic, little evolution, too intense, suffocating, like a room spray. The real smell of fruit Pulp should be soft and delicate, with floral and woody overtones, with aquatic and azonic glimpses on the top notes, sensual, velvety and creamy on the dry down.

MLK
MLK

You really have to spray this on your skin and wait till it warms before making up your mind. I first smelled this on a test strip of paper and it did not smell nice at all. I gave it another try on my skin and waited a while and WOW - I absolutely loved it. I bought a bottle and I am addicted to it now. It makes me feel happy and cosy and I am wearing it in the middle of a cold winter.

This would also be great in the summer - beautiful fruity, with apple, fig and tiare flower - very nice scent. This does not smell like rotten fruit as some people have commented - I think it smells like very ripe, juicy fruit and has also been described as "sexy"....believe it or not!
I just think it is great!!! Give it a few tries and see if you don't love it.

evesoho
evesoho

The top notes are fruity, but I smell cedar and cardamom the entire time, and prominently. To me, the main notes in order are: bergamot, cedar, apple, cardomom, pomegranate, praline. I don't smell the "rotting" fruit many describe, but I wish I'd noticed that Pulp is a unisex scent before I put it on before leaving the house today. In a glance, I saw it described as a "floral fruity" so I thought it would go well with my white sundress. No. I smelled like a men's sport cologne for the four hours it lasted.

This is was my first time sampling a Byredo scent, and although I'd certainly give another one of their perfumes a try if I came across a tester bottle in a shop (unlikely, as I live in Canada), I won't be purchasing any more test vials.

meama
meama

110) surgical simplicity
Ha, encore un parfum à la figue. Elle a un côté crissant, là où chez Heeley l'effet est obtenu par de la menthe ici c'est par la pomme verte pas mure et par les fruits des bois surets. Il y a une belle évolution car ce mélange de douceur et de sure se prolonge jusqu'à la fin (pêche et cèdre).
C'est original sans avoir l'air d'y toucher, simple mais très bien composé.
Faussement candide.

Ha, another perfume with fig. It has a screeching side, where at Heeley the effect is obtained by the mint here is green apple and sour fruits of the wood. There is a nice evolution because the mixture of sweetness and sour extends to the end with peach and cedar.
It's original without seeming to touch it, simple but very well made.
Falsely candid.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Pulp had been on my want list for a long very time though I had not tested it. I really thought I would love it because I love all the notes that enter in the composition.
I recently got a fresh decant. At first I got a very strong smell of overripe fruit: mainly red apples and figs which I found really delicious.
Unfortunately it turned very badly. The day after I had the strange impression that there were some rotten oranges somewhere in my living-room. You know, that special smell citruses have when they get mouldy. I kept searching. How could there possibly be rotten oranges in my living-room? Then I found... it was the cardigan I wore the day before that smellt so strong!
Sadly there is noway I can wear this again...
Nonetheless, longevity and sillage seem to be amazing for those who might appreciate it!

Hoxx
Hoxx

Let me start this by saying that, most of the times, Byredo parfums don’t justify their price tags. I apologize to all their lovers, but they don’t really bring anything new to the table, and I don’t think it’s worth paying that much for a been-there-done-that creation. This one, though, does.

What you got in Pulp is a fruit bowl. The more trained nose would be able to differentiate what exact fruits are in there. To me, there are apples for sure, but rather sweet, ripe and red. A bunch of different berries, with their tart juiciness. There are fresh figs, a fruit with more character than the other mentioned. But to most people that get to smell this on you, me, on paper, this is a fruit bowl. Someone will feel a fruit I don’t, like pear, like passionfruit, papaya – I’ve heard a lot of them, believe me. But with this one you smell like an orchard in the time of fruit’s full ripeness, like an aforementioned fruit bowl. You smell sweetish, jammy, fruity.

Later those top notes that make it through the heart easily(the scent is somewhat linear, honestly, but that’s not nearly a bad thing in this case) really can, in a way, rot. The ripe fruits become overripe, even slightly alcoholic. That’s when a soft cedar note comes into play to calm that feel, and to prolong the evening of the fragrance for an hour more.

This thing projects better in the summer, while it’s a skin-scent during the cold days. Its longevity is solid, but I’d lie if I said I wouldn’t like it to be better.

What you got in this juice is a unique representation of fruits in my perfumery knowing. This is not an apple scent, of fig scent – you have a bunch of those. This is one of few Byredos that gives you a special type of smell, unknown to others and unfamiliar to others. If you want to smell this fruity, it’s a well spent money.

8.75/10

joplinbaby
joplinbaby

smells like scented paper! it's ok, a bit girly

antfarm
antfarm

Pulp has a unique fruity/herbal smell, like someone taking fresh figs and marinating them in some kind of rosemary. It is perfectly named.

This is a distinctive, natural, juicy, cannery fruit smell--not a barely legal kind of fruity. It's complicated and fresh, although I'm not sure I'd buy the whole bottle. Staying power below average. Maybe better for hot weather.

Jellybean
Jellybean

It smells like juicy berries, prunes and then some roasted figs. Smells very edible. Sweet and tarty.
Reminds me when my grandmother was making ton of jam from apples and plums to be stored for winter in a cool storage room.
This scent smells the same from beginning to an end.
For gourmand lovers and/or youngsters.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Truly yummy juicy ripe and delicious summer fruit salad. At the beginning, the fragrant red apple scent is very prominent, almost like opening of DKNY Red Delicious, at the same time blackcurrant, juicy, tart and sweet and slightly peppery comes through, closely followed by a light fig. Can't detect anything else. The longevity wasn't that good on my skin but this is just so deliciously gorgeous I want to keep spraying it on all the time. Sadly, is not that easy to get and is expensive. Shame as it would be an ideal summer scent.

tmukome1
tmukome1

so luscious! soo beautiful, soooo delicious it makes my mouth water!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I'm bombarded with a glorious flood of juicy fruit notes. It's breathtaking, and the jammy ripeness makes me feel wonderfully positive! It's a really sunny fragrance. I haven't picked up on the rotten fruit notes that other reviewers have. Good sillage and longevity.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Red apples!! This opens so deliciously fruity, with a hint of freshness and berries and a barrel of ripe red apples. It smells almost like a fruit mix drink, which worried me momentarily but this quickly sets off down more interesting avenues.
The fig note slowly grows as it wears, bringing out its mildly earthy tones and in the middle stages this begins to really live up to its name, developing into a rich fruity pulp of a scent, conjuring up images of forbidden fruit, with this happy marriage between apples and fig still rolling along, mashed up together. Though the top notes of cardamom and blackcurrant I feel linger long and fade out slowly, providing interesting background noise to the fruit. The woodiness of cedar creeps in as these top notes finally bow out, keeping it rich and earthy and to me quite like an orchard in fall, the fig note providing that lightly fermented air. It makes me think of the poem Blackberry Picking by Seamus Heaney.
This is the best fruity scent I've tried, though I wish the staying power was better. Five hours in and it hugs the skin, though I sprayed only one spritz. This is my first test-run with Byredo and its off to a promising start!

annettepe
annettepe

this is such a lovely and unique fragrance. its very complex and different. i would consider this a very sophisticated scent considering how sweet it is.

this scent is definitely very sweet with woody notes in it that gives this perfume dimension and depth. in the opening you can smell a very sweet and ripe fig. i dont really get the apple or the black currant. there is also sheer floral notes in this. the cedar can be smelled throughout which gives the perfume the woody and earthy feel. i dont necessarily smell the praline note either but i think this adds to the richness of the sweet note overall. i think this is such a comforting scent. definitely not for everyone since it is very unique and different.

this lasts forever on your skin so a little goes a long way. its a very distinctive fragrance.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Fruity, fleshy, full-bodied, voluptuous, vibrant -- Pulp is the perfect name for it!!

Perfumeoasis
Perfumeoasis

Pulp is my last testing when I visited the shop offering the Byredo parfums. I was quite suprised with this scent. Really a scent of a "fruity pulp". I would not recognize the figue inside, newerless the scent is interesting and it could be a candidade of buying it, at least a 50 ml bottle.

pretty_in_pink
pretty_in_pink

An interesting fruity floral which can be worn when the days are long and hot or in the depths of winter when one needs a pick-me-up.

Pulp reminds me of sticky summer nights in Sydney, when the sun warms the Earth, the cicadas are in full song and the passion fruit vine runs rampant across the back fence.

At this time of year, my nose reaches towards the Southern Cross seeking the scents of high summer night-time blooms - native frangipani, gardenia and backyard mangoes.

Now Pulp doesn’t really contain any of these notes, but it does allude to these things. Over-ripe and over-grown.

Maybe it’s the name, but I instantly detect rotting passion fruit in the opening. There is a hint of grapefruit and bergamot. Some may say sickly – but there is something altogether summer reassuring about these notes.

When I wear it, people comment on watermelons and strawberries. Tropical fruit. Happy memories. Things we love about summer here down-under.

For me it is my modern equivalent of Nine West, in my book, one of the first successful fresh fruity perfumes.

Pulp has reasonable longevity. Never overpowering. OK silage with a couple of squirts. Always refreshing. A great pick me up.

But note, Pulp is pricey. I recommend purchase only for those who are happy to engage in a quick summer fling. If you do not swoon immediately over the top notes, leave this one on the shelf. Like a holiday romance, it is the beginning of this fragrance which is the most exciting.

NoseySpice
NoseySpice

It really was a foul fragrance on my particular skin. It totally reviled me.

Smapyska
Smapyska

I adore adore adore it! So strange and so unique scent. And at the beginning feels so intensive, latter it comes closer to the body, but still smells fresh and quite strong. Its my best choise for a summer season. 145 Eur for a 100 ml, is quite a lot, but its worth to buy!

Longevity 7/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent 10/10

rtquadros
rtquadros

I have a bottle with 28 ml (I used 2 ml), but without box. I want to sell it or to exchange it for another perfume of my interest. I am in Brazil, but I can send it to another Country. Contact: rtquadros@hotmail.com

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

Please... do yourself a favor...allow yourself the oppurtunity to try all fragrances on your skin. The paper, tissue or feather can never justify a fragrance...the way your own skin can...and allow yourself the pleasure of it to send your olfactory to a little Heaven...
*** The first initial introduction reminded me of the delicious fruit preserves my man smothers on his morning bread...A more sophisticated fruit...not your school girl Ed Hardy fruit...which quickly disolves with in a few minutes...I did not smell the cardamon, which I was hoping for...as I adore cardamon.
***Then qucikly the apples, figs and pretty tiare flower create a very pretty unique, ***savory...mouthwatering scent...here comes the pralines!...Cedar??? Peach? Not quite the cedar I am familiar with from my essential oils...I think the peach must just be a slight squeezing on top...
While this is very pretty...and most assured sexless... It is not the dirty scents I crave. I do love gourmand... but this one for me is too fruity. It is quite unique...

Edit...later in the eve... the peaches here are absolutely lovely...and worth the wait...

Stellanboll
Stellanboll

I love this one, so does my boyfriend. He even uses it for him self. It might sound strange but i really like that slight undertone of decomposed/rotting fruit.

plumplum1
plumplum1

love this - not for little girls.
this smells ravishing - very sexy. will not suit all personalities- suit me though! my husband loves it. i want to get this again!

valarian
valarian

I’ve loved this perfume for a long time as for me it represents all that's great about perfume as it's a happy perfume a great pick me up it reminds me of a large bowl of sweet fruit bordering on over ripe, mostly I get jammy sweet Fig which I love when done like this. It's very intense and has a great projection and decent longevity. It's such a larger than life bowl of fruitiness it's almost pantomime like. I don't think this will be for everyone but for those that like fruity sweet powerhouses this will be adored.

delphine67
delphine67

What a odd smell, very sour fruit.
A totally disliked it after spraying it on the card.
Its a very unusual smell, not something I have smelled before

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

A very interesting fruity floral.
Not for little girls, though...

Cereza
Cereza

On my skin it opens with apple and fig combo, followed by sweet vanilla/chocolate. The problem I have is that I can't understand is it working on me or not. At some points I love the scent that's coming up from my wrist, but when I inhale it deeply I find that something has gone a bit wrong, I'm not feeling any rotten fruits like others suggest, but there is something wrong, like fruits that are not rotten, but already starting to go bad.
Altough it opens very sweet, the apple becomes a bit sour and gives a refreshing feel to the scent and for me - I find this to be better than just sweet fruity floral. And this is a unique gem, if the chemistry allows to wear it.
It is actually enjoyable, I still get the "wrong" feeling, but it is something different, fruits for someone who dislakes fruity florals I guess.

al.to
al.to

an overdose of fruit sweet..too much
you find sugar/chocolate also.
not for me!!
turn off every other odors

difficult to wear..except for fruiterer:-)
only for braves

prot72
prot72

I like is very very much. This is the only fragrance with real fruit smell, different than others, which are full of chemical elements like a kitchen cleaners. Pulp is a good experience, fresh, yummy, very well balanced. My first impression was overripe figs, juicy and delicious. There is also hint of citrus peels and notes of red apples. IMHO it is perfect fragrance for summer and hot spring days. Also I would say it has unique smell and the only similarities I see is Kadota by M. Storer, however Pulp is fresher and much more juicer.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

Yes, I do get the rotting fruit.. for me it's something closer to overripe pineapple. But I find it strangely airy and quite pleasant. I like it... it's different.

I can see opinions are very divided over it --- associations with other smells (garbage, air fresheners..) are obviously very powerful and can veer sharply one way or the other... and that's a good thing surely... make up your own mind.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Horrid in every way. Nasty screetchy fruity shampoo and cheep airfreshener like one of those hung on car mirrors in taxis. Absolute daylight robbery for the price unless you're paying to smell awful for hours and hours and hours, even after a thorough shower.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

A little goes a long way when spraying this fragrance on. It lasts a good while so 1 or 2 sprays will do. Otherwise, it would overwhelm you and your surroundings. The first time I wore this fragrance I sprayed 4 times prior to attending a dinner with friends, and it was a bit much for about an hour or so. The dry down smell kind of reminds me of Lalique Amethyst for women which I also have (and I'm a male!) but ended up giving Amethyst to my mom because I kind of get insecure about wearing fragrances meant for women and not to be shared. But I like Pulp, it's a really nice shared fragrance. I like the fresh top notes the best.

kerini
kerini

I really don't like the bergamot in this one, it's almost suffocating at first.
When the red apple and black currant get their chance to shine it's nice and subtle, like the calm before the storm. Then suddenly there's a flood of notes, floral, woody and a lot of fig. Quickly the scent turns into a forceful fruity pulp with an interesting hint of greenhouse.
Overall not bad, but in between I get those whiffs of something too sweet, my nose can't tell the notes apart anymore at this point. I don't have the compost association mentioned by others but I can see where it's coming from.
With 5+ hours it lasts at least a little longer than other Byredo fragrances I've tried.

kaika
kaika

Hmmm... A funny thing happened.

I used to like this one very much on first sniff. It seemed so conspicuous, juicy and vivacious... If you can imagine a mouth watering cocktail of fresh fruit, ripe and succulent, this was exactly it. Plus, a note of blackcurrent which is truly a masterpiece...

I got a vial of this and literally bathed myself in it. My nose must have created good associations with that smell, and I simply loved it. Until I read some of the reviews :DDD

Some people mentioned that this smelled like... garbage! On reading that, I laughed out. BUT next time I was putting this scent on, I instantly detected the rotten fruit odour!!! This new association has unfortunately prevailed the former positive impression I had of this scent. As a result, I can no longer bear the smell of Pulp. What a shame...

BTW. This makes me really scary of the way the brain works! I will think twice next time I read reviews of the scents I like...

I was surprised to find a wonderful fruity blackcurrant fig-apple tart here...luckily fresh and nothing like rotten garbage to me...thankfully:) Very nice one, until now my favorite black currant fragrance

Lilski
Lilski

I LOVE this fragrance, when I'm in Liberty (London) I sneakily spray it liberally, it lasts, it's like a big, fat, punch-in-the-face with the inside of a peach kernal. I adore single scent perfume and this is awesome.

I can never *quite* justify the £120 price tag though.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Ok, ill start off by saying i love, thats right, love a good fruity frag. But i feel that most of them thst i have sampled have been cheap, mass market, fruit bombs that smell synhetic to me. This baby is a fresh, mouthwatering bite! There is definitely a crisp, green note that perks my nose immediately, followed by a juicy, wet black currant/apple. After about fifteen minuites, it starts to mellow, and become smooth, soft even, and to bond well with my chemistry. At this point im intrigued, because its changing, a light, just showered, dewy skin scent, ripe, red fruit, and a touch of woodsiness that i think will develop further on the dry down. Somehow a little of that opening green apple/citrus skin note still plays hide and seek. The whole scent blends, shows up strongly, and then plays hide and seek. Im looking forward to my husbands reaction to this "hide and seek"... If i want to eat my own arm.... Hehe..

Beautiful on a winters day, i think im getting..chocolate? Fresh, juicy and somehow icy, although it is subzero out... Downside; this lovely juice starts to dissapear inside an hour. Stays very close to the skin. I could see myself burning through a bottle all too quickly.

pansylady
pansylady

This fragrance smells like fruit that is just beginning to turn into alcohol- alternately sweet, sour and bitter, like orange marmalade laced with liquor, or candied citrus peel- it reminds me of Couture by Juicy Couture- potency/staying power is a little on the low side, though-

abirae
abirae

To me, this is a very deep jammy plum and fig scent with a bitter astringency of persimmon. It's the bitter persimmon that makes this one interesting for me, but it's not the tart juicy fruit I was expecting.

It does smell somewhat like overripe fruit. It borders on the grotesque - like an Otto Dix portrait of a fruit bowl. It's deep purple and a little scary.

It's big, and a little goes a long way, but it's an unusual choice for winter to stave off the cold.

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

This one really hit me when I sniffed it in the store. It's a fruit-nuke and nothing less. People told me they smelled grapefruit, apples and dried plum. It's all there. Don't use it when you go eat in a fancy restaurant. You might get kicked out.
Love it

Okay, i didn't get rotten garbage. What I do get is nothing like the listed notes. You know that smell of green tomato leaves in hot sunlight? That's what I get. Hot green notes, like tomato leaves in the sun, with hints of unripe berries. Pulp is truly evocative of a summer garden at noon. In it's way, very nice, but also a bit strange as a scent. Must wonder where the listed notes went, though.It sounds as if it should be sweet and fruity with some spice base and instead it's green and sharp and like sitting among the vegetable plants. Odd, but kind of compelling in it's way

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

To some people it´s rotten melon or fruit salad turning into alcohol, but for some it´s a really unusual fruit scent.
I don´t like to smell it right out of the bottle or on paper, but on the right skin with the matching chemistry it turns into a really great, yummy fruit scent!
Try it on YOUR skin!

Pulp by Byredo 3.85 out of 5 based on 374 ratings and 72 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Pulp fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Byredo Pulp, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pulp by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pulp by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.