Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pulp Byredo for women and men

Pulp Byredo for women and men
dislike

Pulp Byredo for women and men Pictures Pulp Byredo for women and men Pictures

Pulp by Byredo is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women and men. Pulp was launched in 2008. Top notes are bergamot, cardamon and black currant; middle notes are fig, red apple and tiare flower; base notes are cedar, praline and peach blossom.

Bergamot Cardamon Black Currant

Fig Red Apple Tiare Flower

Cedar Praline Peach Blossom

Sine Die
Womanity

Pulp Fragrance Reviews

onaona
onaona

Hella odd, by today's market, to be sure.
Strangely, this seems to be exactly what makes it hella interesting as well.

Sometimes fragrances, especially in the niche market, appear to try too hard to be different; off the beaten path. While I appreciate them as something I want to experience, to smell... I have to balance it with how I want to actually SMELL!

Pulp doesn't make that mistake.
It is wearable. Not just wearable, desirable. It smells, deliciously of authentic PULP! How'd they do that with fig, apple and black currant?? It's very pleasing both to my nose and on my skin. The florals don't present to me, but that's ok. I wore my sample and received a hug as a reward with a "mmm, woman you smell good" indictment. Now I know the way to a man's heart is frequently claimed to be through his stomach, but I didn't know pulp would smooth the way :)

Longevity, projection are average. Originality on the other hand, is unparalleled.

Overripe fruit? Sure, why not?.
Avant garde? Yes! At least in my fragrant world.
Polarizing? Heehe, 'fraid so.
Freakish talented perfumer? THAT goes without saying.
Worth a try? Abso-oddly-lutey! You'll kick yourself if you don't go out of your way to at least sample it.

Make the effort!

nero77
nero77

The fruit garden....

Before trying this, I didn't know what to expect. I heard things like "rotten fruit" and I wondered if this would be worth even trying at all. I was pleasantly surprised!

What I get from this actually, is almost the smell of (like the name) pulp. Fruit pulp. For me it's Mango pulp, and it's a smell I actually really like. I do also get apple and citrus in there, and some grape etc.

This is one I would recommend to people who like fruit and freshness. I do feel that it is a very cleverly made perfume and one which is composed intelligently. I would recommend it and would advise to try out first in good weather. I think this would be suitable for year round and would say that it is unisex. This is the smell of very ripe fruit up close. But it also has a balance which can only come from a well made perfume. One to try for sure. I thoroughly enjoy it.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Not jumping on this hype train. Love or hate type of fragrance and I wouldn't say I hate it, but I don't care for it. It has a windex vibe mixed with some nasty fruit. Not a great combo. For artistic value, it's ok. For something to actually wear? No! This will not garner complements, unless someone is just trying to be nice to you.
I stay open minded as much as possible. I have an amazing collection I have worked very hard for and have smelled many fragrances. I'm also the one who doesn't like Dior Homme or Homme intense either as I feel people think they have to like it or something to be a collector. I'll get some people talking crap, but I won't reply to your opinion as nothing on here is a fact, even what I say.
This is defiantly something one must apply to their skin, as on paper I dislike it even more.
Overall I'm not very impressed with the house as the longevity is poor on most and the others just font smell very good. This one does last a very long time and the projection is quite good as well.
Please, be honest with yourself and spend your hard earned money on what you like and what you want to wear. There's never going to be a fragrance where everybody loves it and not one person dislikes it. Fragrance is very personsal thing that is very subjective, but such an amazing art form and hobby!!

This will be mine.

I sampled it years ago and loved it, then i let it go and slept on buying a bottle. I thought maybe my tastes would change or i'll encounter something more interesting.

Then i ordered another sample recently: The moment i sprayed it, i was wowed again.

This smells like standing in the middle of a fruit aisle inside a grocery store. The smell of ripe fruits surrounded by whiffs of the wood boxes they put them in.

It's remarkable how they managed to put so much fruits in there without turning the scent into a "sticky sweet" or "happy-go-lucky" teenage fruity mess.

esteban747
esteban747

This is my first byredo fragrance.
It opens with a bright and unequivocally fruity note. but even before I could snap my fingers, it morphed into something green. but then it was all about apple, so juicy and delicious!
And then clean, pure, a bright apple, a delicate cardamom.
Its all too much for my senses (in a good ways), its irresistible, I can only surrender and let myself drag along this wonderful journey.
This is magic, the only way I can describe it.

Cams
Cams

Pulp is fascinating - it needs the wearer to be patient as it morphs from rotten fruits to sensational fragrance! It's not a blind buy. Just try it!

ayseo
ayseo

Possibly one of the most unique scents I have ever come across. It was love at first sniff. This scent does something to me and instantly cheers me up. It's sweet but not overly so - just the perfect balance of fruity and woody. Liquid jam in a bottle. Incredibly strong sillage and lasts forever on my skin. If this perfume comes into contact with my clothes, the scent really sticks around for longer than 24 hours. Please try it!

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - apple & fig.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

shravanevana
shravanevana

BEASTMODE frag! I wear two sprays of this to the gym and it keeps me feeling fresh even after my workout! :)

OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer

This could easily be sold at Spencers as a spoof cologne that smells like Spody! .. stuff gets annoying and cloyeee after 5 minutes.. I'm doneski!

Kinda cool and different.. but seriously smells like some dum dum just threw up a Mai Tai on your favorite shirt.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

Another beauty from the house of Byredo. Got me a bottle of it today but the juice in my bottle is completely transparent, just like water. Initially I get a huge bomb of fig but after an hour it turns into something completely different. It is difficult for me to describe the smell with words but I get some woody and floral notes from the drydown. Very well blended and worth every single penny you pay for it. For me it is more of a semi skin scent after an hour.
Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 6.5/10

I've been waiting to try this for a long time now and having been disappointed by Byredo so far I was starting to think this one might be overrated.
Well I finally got my nose on it and I can tell you Pulp is fantastic! The opening is very, very intense sweet, jammy and definitely fitting of the name pulp. Then as it dries down becomes less tart with berries and more of a watery fig and some of that exotic floral, Tiare flower which I think makes this fragrance.
Beautiful and exotic Byredo have struck upon something really good here, I want a bottle.

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

My co worker who also happens to be a frag head gave me a sample of this. After a shower I put three sprays on my hand before bed. This stuff is really nice! Where do people get this "rotten fruit" smell? I honestly get a lot of fig from this. But hey, to each his/her own.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I received a sample of this the other day from Byredo and I instantly fell in love. I have heard so much about this from every corner of the collector's community, that I just wore down and had to give it a shot. It's similar to Un Jardin En Mediterranee inasmuch as it has that fruity, wonderfully pungent juiciness to it. The fruits contained therein are almost slightly overripe, and the scent reflects that. Longevity is wonderful and the projection is also good, especially for a fruit-based scent. I wasn't expecting it to last as long as it did. It definitely does the EDP moniker justice.

What I don't love is the price of admission. I cannot justify $220 for 100mls of a scent, other than say Aventus or something similarly classic and obscure. So, I went on eBay this morning and found a 50ml bottle for $92 shipped! Now, I can live with that, and this will probably be in my top 10 for the upcoming spring and summer.

Good stuff and a must have for those who cannot live without smelling like a fruit stand. :-)

JEDI 2.0

I was bored the other night, so i decided to wear some Pulp while playing video games, just before bedtime.

My previous opinion stands: this stuff is mostly tiare up-front, battling for supremacy with a veritable cornucopia of sliced tropical fruits.

So, it was floral and fruity when i wore it to bed. When i woke up, however, the remaining skin scent REALLY DID kinda smell like Black Saffron, just a bit, but it was noticeable. Makes sense, maybe they share some base ingredients. ..??

Weird stuff, but neat. Still not what I initially expected due to the tiare being so forefront the whole time (at least for me). Not full-bottle worthy for me, but this is one of those colognes I'll try to always have at least a 2ml sample of, because it's fun and I enjoy the aroma, if only to wear around the house for my own enjoyment.

Still reminds me of Oahu, big time.♡

erwin_rodriguez
erwin_rodriguez

what a fragrance!!

if you live in tropical country, this a must have

- scent: B
- performance : A
- versatility : B+
- compliment : B
- price : C-

JEDI 2.0

Second review, per my wife:

As i mentioned, this one was a bit girly for my taste, so i wanted to see what my wife thought. She loves fun, bright fruity perfumes.

For the first 10 minutes, she LOVED it!!! Just like with me, for her it was primarily tiare oil-smell with a fruity background. After about 10 minutes and from then on, the "fermented fruit" smell put her off; it's not a rotten smell, but almost like a delicious fruit salad was left out too long, just beyond the point of being good to eat.

I still dig what this perfume does, but it's not full bottle material for me, or for my wife. I loved how it smelled on her from start to finish.

JEDI 2.0

This stuff is lovely, and honestly it wasn't what I was expecting at all! Almost every review I've read of this fragrance is misleading; I get more tiare than I do fruit, and hardly any reviews even mention the tiare at all. (This is not a critique of those reviews in any way, as everyone perceives scents differently, and this is my interpretation.)

To me, this stuff smells like a beautiful Polynesian woman covered in tiare oil, who is artfully carving pieces of fruit for children and tourists. You can smell her wooden basket full of fruit carvings, but it's her tiare oil and her glowing skin that kinda stop you in your tracks and make you say "WOW!", before you give the fruit notice. It's really awesome, just smelling my wrist makes me feel like I'm back in Oahu!!!

Honestly, I sampled this fragrance because i wanted a fun scent to take to Hawaii this Summer. But what I'm getting instead, is a cologne that i might buy after such a vacation, to remind me of that wonderful time I spent there.

Fun stuff, but a bit too "floral" for my liking. I wonder what my wife will think; this seems like something she would wear, young and daring but with some class. 7/10 for me, I really enjoy the aroma but it's not something I'd wear often, if at all.

[email protected]
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

It’s the Morning after a crazy House Night Party, with lots of fruit wines and white spirits. Your Friends have left. It’s 6 a.m of Summer in Greece. You are in the Kitchen of a small white painted out-house of a Fig Farm. The Windows are wide open. You can feel the Ripe Fig Scented Breeze coming through. You have a small basket of Red Ripe McIntosh Apples at some corner of the Kitchen. You are feeling Drowsy, but is reluctant to move to bed. You are enjoying the whole feel.

Figs are quite confusing on my skin. Sometimes, either they smell like Coconut or in some cases it smells like Metallic Green. I don’t like them in either of these 2 states. I love my Figs to be ripe but not coconutty. Pulp Delivers the right Fig and is a winner no sooner.

The perfume is not a shy one. It’s Crazy and on your face. Unpretentiously Sweet Fruity. Frankly, I do not get the rotten Fruit vibe, which many have mentioned, but I do feel it has a vibe of Fruit Punch Cocktail. It’s tough to say which fruit comes fast – Fig, Apple or Black Current. But, to me it’s a burst of all the Fruits. The praline joins a little later, giving a creamy touch. The perfume does not change dramatically but is somewhat a linear one with little changes, mostly in terms of amplitude. It dries keeping traces of Fruit Scents on my skin.

The Perfume is Definitely Not for Blind Buy.

Sillage: Heavy (The Correct word is Loud)
Longevity on My Skin: 12 Hours+
Longevity on Fabric: 24 Hours+
Occasion: This Perfume best suits a Tropical Beach Party or a Casual Day at a Beach in Summer

P.S: The whole presentation of Byredo Perfumes are quite Nice.

Delila
Delila

This is all fruit! It's a unique fragrance unlike any other in my collection of about 90 bottles and samples. It really is juicy fruit pulp...but pulp that has started to ferment.

I like fruit, so find this interesting and oddly appealing. Overall though, in terms of wearability, it's a little too much for me.

I prefer Byredo's Bal d'Afrique, which includes a tempered version of this unique 'fermenting fruit' accord, balanced by other elements.

Radiation
Radiation

Have you ever played the addicting game 'Fruit Ninja'? Imagine what the dojo floor smells like after all the fruit slicing carnage is over with. Just a massacre of guava, apples, lime, passionfruit, mango, and a ton of other tropical fruit. All their juices combining chaotically and oh so beautifully.
This isn't Fruit Ninja the way my daughter plays it, hitting every other fruit but missing most, this is when I play and yes, I'm a 4th degree black belt in Kendo (look it up).

Superlative, I may have to get this one.

chrissychrispants
chrissychrispants

This is one of the worst blind buys I have ever made.

It smells like one of those sweet fruity teen scents left too long in the sun, now rotting and fermenting.

It smells a lot cheaper than it costs, and no one wants to smell like that!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Smells like a fruit which is just about to go bad (if hasn't already done so). Sticky sweet, "rotten", metallic floral. I definitely picked up the apple note. It reminds me of Deliria by L'artisan, except Deliria is more metallic and less rotten.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Wow! I'm surprised ... this is powerful from start to finish!!! .. An explosion of vitality,color and energy !! Inspired by English marmelade.. Is a fruity with exotic influence Swedish! At first I felt something very citric (perhaps bergamot) that along with the black currant open the curtain with the top notes! then, slowly it lightens, with notes of cedar, apple, peach flowers ... pralines and cardamom believe they are the notes that give the final creaminess scented .... really well done! It is unusual and very intense, sweet but at the right point. The notes come together in perfect harmony. This is an Eau de parfum very beautiful, intense and vibrant! is the first scent of Byredo I feel .. and I was really happy! I think I'll buy it! One can not have it :) .... recommend a few sprays (3-4 max) it is the powerful sillage, and longevity is really big (12+) hours on me. Council for spring-summer. I love. -Masterpiece From Byredo.

Sillage: 8.5/10

Overall: 9/10

MarioDelBarrio
MarioDelBarrio

A fruity dessert, out of the ordinary.

The quintessential fruit perfume. Byredo’s Pulp should be found in Sèvres near Paris, next to the standards of a meter or a kilogram, although it is a paragon.

Best quality ripe fruit with a pinch of cardamon (clearly perceptible in this composition), stirred with a cedar wood ladle (also clearly sounding base note).

The scent is not overly sweet; it is extremely pleasant to wear, evokes the most pious thoughts.

Perfectly blended ingredients. A pure euphony of most beautiful fragrance notes.

The juice is very long-lasting (> 12 h), and playing "fortissimo".

Remarkable! Unique!! Marvellous!!!

Hats off to Mr. Ben Gorham!

lilmatchy
lilmatchy

This was nice right out of the bottle, but an hour later it just smells like rotten fruit. Not for me.

steve0580
steve0580

Yuck.

I was anxious to try this but all I get is a fruit salad that's heavy with currant and what smells to me, like mango.

It's definitely a fragrance that's more feminine than masculine.

sdcga161
sdcga161

I was expecting a fruit blast in my face. What I got instead was a very nice, sweet but aromatic scent that is quite suitable for men or women. This is the third Byredo I've experienced lately (first Sunday Cologne, then Bal D'Afrique) that makes me think this is becoming one of my very favorite houses. Very nice indeed.

Nura
Nura

Not bad, but very sweet (probably because of the black currant?).

Pare159
Pare159

A beast. Over rated niche quality bath and body works fusion made with a tinge of rotting fruit. Definitely familiar but edgy.

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

Does anyone else get the bath and body works body spray type that women wear from this ? u know those body sprays that smell really fruity

SmellsTerrific
SmellsTerrific

I want to like Pulp more than I actually do. It is very strong so one spritz will do. It is nice, but obnoxious at the same time.

Overripe fruit is an accurate description. At times it has a playful fun side, but at other times it does get reminiscent of a inexpensive bathroom spray or rotting fruit.

People like this on me, but by no means is it leading the pack. Will not repurchase.

Test this extensively before you purchase.

annettepe

Pulp is definitely my favourite one out of all the Byredo perfumes. I received this bottle from my mum as a small gift. Im very happy with her choice. I think it is one of the sweetest and youngest scent from the Byredo line. Its very unique, not like your regular fruity perfumes.

To me this smells like ripe fruits. Definitely very fruity and sweet. I cannot describe which fruit notes exactly, to me its a mixture of different fruits that I can't put my finger on. I never thought the main note was fig but now that I see it, it does remind me of figs jam. It has some woody undertones to it however it doesn't say so, which makes the scent complex and not childish. It is such a strong perfume and lasts all day. Definitely a beautiful and special scent.

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

Quite bold,
Party shirt on, fruit punch party on, Pink decorations on.

Over-ripe, mango, guava, pineapple and its almost turning into alcohol. Great to wake people up in a lazy office. Happy but strong willed and determined people should wear this because if you are a softy and too bubbly, this will melt your aura to a pulp.

Incredible longevity. Great anytime of the year.
Not recommended for Charles Bronsons and Clint Eastwoods. Will completely contradict the situation.
Don't spray too much.

mudpach
mudpach

To me it is too much fig! Not working on my skin...

Norbert F.
Norbert F.

One of the best summer scents I´ve ever tried. Strong, unique, zesty, fruity, high-quality, authentic, great value - It is expensive but you need only 1-2 sprays on a summer day, almost every time I get a compliment when I am wearing it - what I can want more from a summer fragrance. Perfectly unisex, it can be overpowering, so watch the sprays. 10/10

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

I love Pulp. It's unique and youthful. I think that this perfume is a fantastic choice for a hot spring or summer's day. It makes me feel like I'm standing in a fruit orchard at around noon.

On my skin, this perfume is very sweet. The fruits smell ripe and juicy and sticky, like a big bowl of fruit salad. Floral accords add a bit of freshness, which prevent it from smelling saccharine. I don't find it to be very green or savoury, but rather anchored with the earthiness (cedar), which gives it depth and character. The dry-down is a soft and sticky earthiness.

Longevity is about 5-6 hours; sillage is about soft to moderate.

megrim
megrim

Pulp is an atomic blast of ALL THE THINGS!

It's a chaotic, glorious, frenetic mash of fruits. Real fruit at that, sour and piquant, no sugary-sweet candy fruit to be found. Unrelenting, unforgiving and surprisingly aggressive for something based entirely around fruit. Pulp is brash, bold and brassy.

Fairly linear, late in the drydown it gets a little woodier and dryer. For the most part however, what you smell in the opening is what you're going to be smelling for the next six hours.

Sillage is almost Montale-style atomic, if it doesn't sit well on you it'll give you a headache in about 45 seconds. Longevity is a good 6 hours as a projection-beast fruitpocalypse, with another 3-4 hours as a glowing skin-scent.

Certainly not everyone's 'bag o' fruit', but if you can handle the wild beast that is Pulp, she'll reward you beyond expectation.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I think this is nice, but I also think it smells like a glade plug-in. Tropical fruit and chemicals. Maybe plays out differently on other people, but for me I don't think it would be worth the $$$.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Realistic, raw fruit. When I first gave Pulp a sniff from the sample vial, I thought, “raw fruit, a little boring”. But after wearing awhile, I see there’s more to it than that. The more I smell Pulp, the more I smell something vegetal, rather than fruity. Pulp actually reminds me of 2 very different fragrances: Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works, which smells exactly like fresh peas in the kitchen (with added sugar, of course), and Piment Brulant by L’Artisan, which smells like a vegetable garden. Yes, despite the listed notes, Pulp also has a slight vegetal smell to me, which keeps it from being too sweet. Maybe this seems odd, but I find this vegetal smell fascinating, even therapeutic. I don't think Pulp smells like rotting fruit, just very RIPE fruit. Overall, I like Pulp, but it seems a bit top-heavy, lacking substantial base notes which would make it a more wearable, well-rounded fragrance.
UPDATE: I want to add the word “addictive” to my review. That vegetal scent that some might call “pungent” or “rotten” is the very thing I find so appealing about Pulp. Without it, Pulp would be just another sweet, fruity fragrance.

9154mf
9154mf

Gorgeous zesty fruit fragrance, perfectly unisex as it holds back the sweetness normally found with fruit based fragrances. Refreshing and pulpy, just great.

christianne1
christianne1

I swore I would stick to the "if you don't have anything nice to say" thing and not leave any more negative reviews. It makes me feel bad to not be nice. I feel guilty.

So, I will say something nice: This perfume is incredibly potent.

But something about this perfume is so harsh it actually affected my mood. I frowned more. I felt annoyed. Bothered. My head was pounding. Actually I felt assaulted.

It sounds so harmless. All fruity and innocent. The description is very deceiving. I'm still not quite sure what I'm smelling. I do not get the fresh little fruit bowl thing. That is what I was expecting but instead I got industrial grade fruit and cedar air freshener. I felt like I was a walking Glade plug in.

I feel so bad saying anything bad because I know some people like this and I hate when I love something that gets trashed. It's like someone saying your child is ugly or something lol. But I beg of you don't blind buy this. I have been trapped in 4 sprays of this all day and feel like a hostage. I'm not sure what it is about this perfume but it borders on upsetting. I agree with Katie Puckrik, it is like "fruity hell". Wish I smelled the delightful parts the others are smelling but my olfactory system is wired differently. For me, it is absolutely unpleasant. I feel like a giant bag of Kirkland's potpourri assaulting everyone who passes me.

samoandrade
samoandrade

what i like about pulp is that it is an unapologetic juicy-sour-and-sweet fruity fragrance. it doesn't make room for typical special guests like musks or woody bases. maybe some flowers in the drydown, but the fruits are still there.

not the best fragrance, nor the more complex or natural smelling, but definetly a joy!

sfdla
sfdla

Pulp is a very "clean" scent. Fairly long-lasting and good sillage, considering it's a cirtus. It's not too sweet, though it does get a little acidic. I liked layering it with musk to give it more depth. Nice, but not wow enough that I'd buy it again.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This one is rather unusual, but at the same time quite addictive... and I love it!
I don't agree with them saying it smells like rotten fruits, to me it smells more like slightly unripe fruits, bitter and green smelling :)
Mostly black currants and fig. Black currants that still have a 'bite' and leave a bitter after taste instead of the currants being more ripe and soft and sweeter...
Same with the fig. I can definitely smell fig in here, but again... the fruit is still hard, not ready yet to release it's sweet nectar.
The scent is rather strong with big sillage and it takes a long time before the final dry down arrives and the scent will get softer and loses it's sharp edge to become more round and a little sweeter. Probably the tiare and praline are responsible for that to happen, but I would never be able to tell there actually is tiare and praline in this fragrance.
It takes a little 'getting used to', but then you might be able to admire and appreciate PULP for the extraordinary creation it actually is...
Longevity and sillage are both superb!!! Could not wish for more, really!!
♥♥♥♥♥

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Dollar store room spray. The scent does not warrant the price. Gotta love the performance on the sucker though.

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Byredo Pulp - Fruit Blast.

Wow, what a unique one this is! All those who love fruity scents must give this one a try. This is unlike anything else you've tried, or so I hope.

Starts off with a very powerful juicy opening, most of which is the fig in it. Incredibly edible and realistic, this one makes no effort to shy away and instead, gives a full frontal display of what it is all about right from the start.

Juicy, sweet and sour, the fragrance radiates around you and creates a juicy scent bubble , inviting everyone to come and have a sniff. The combination of fig, blackcurrant and apple creates a wonderful sensation, and invokes a very realistic imagery of a fruit basket.

Versatility wise, it is best worn casually when going out with friends during the summer days. Wouldn't recommend wearing it anywhere else.

As for performance, its a beast. Keeps pumping for hours and radiates very nicely. Quite surprising for a fruity scent as most of them don't perform that well.

All fruit lovers, please take a look and a sniff or two.
All those wary of fruity notes, please proceed with caution.

harpermae
harpermae

Ugh. I'm getting so much bergamot from this. That's the dominant note at the beginning, with some black currant. Not much else. Once it dries down, however, those notes relax a bit, and in enters some fig, apple, and cedar. The dry down is actually quite nice. I just wish I could get past the initial blast more quickly. I wouldn't buy a fb of this. Just not for me. Definitely a unisex scent.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

this smells EXACTLY like a body lotion I used to have from this now-defunct Aussie cosmetics brand named Stuf. So much so that I just bought a bottle because I truly miss the scent.
It's an unusual fruity scent that takes a certain person or situation to be able to pull it off--honestly I don't think I can myself, thankfully it stays pretty close to the skin (as all Byredo fragrances do) so now I'm just quietly enjoying it by myself.

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

I like this scent very much. I get great longevity out of it and it projects well. I do find it overly fruity (in a good way surprisingly), making it a little more feminine IMO. This is one to be tried before you buy. I love it, but I can see why some wouldn't . Get a tester and wear it a couple days. try it more than once. For me, it's a great day scent.

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

Am I the only one who get extremely poor longevity on my skin with this one? I LOVE this fragrance but i have to spray my shirt a few times for it to last 8+ hours...but i still bought a bottle and will be wearing this one with a smile :)

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I have an 8 ml decant from decantshop and at first spray did not like it. After wearing it for a few days I can truly say this juice is amazing. I love everything about it. The presentation is simple yet says enough. Basically lets the fragrance do all the talking. I cannot wait to wear more of this stuff. Lasts all day and 2-3 sprays is all you need. Mostly only a spring/summer scent so not too wearable for year round but can be pulled off. My overall rating is a 9/10.

tdwctdwc

White flowers, apples, figs, summer, easy, balanced, just right, alluring, signature, white T-shirt. These words all ring clearly in my mind (and nose) when i wear this.

It's nothing extraordinary but it's so well put together in a way that is very convincing and can become addicting. The blend just smells great. Period.

I do get the infamous "rotten fruits" vibe , but only in the top notes. I would actually describe them as "smoky fruits" to be honest and i don't find them that repulsive at all.

It blossoms in the heart and in the drydown when the white flowers start to come out.

Just beautiful.

acidnbase
acidnbase

i was really expecting the worse from Pulp after reading all the reviews and watching some videos on YouTube.. then came my bottle, along with Black Saffron and Bal D'Afrique which were all bought blindly.. first sniff, WOW! this is not what i am expecting! it turned out to be very nice, not so sweet but fresh, fruity, kind of green scent.. i get mostly the fig which i really like together with some citrus notes that persist throughout.. so i gave it a full wearing the other day, it made me smile! wore it again that night and really enjoyed the scent that i was smelling..

i so totally agree with hermano Estebanz that this is a well-balanced concoction.. the sweetness and sourness work hand in hand.. true that is a powerful scent and it lasts long..

i really recommend that this must be tried on skin and should be given time to show its wonder.. people that complain about the garbage, rotting fruit that they smell seem to be focusing more on the top notes, which should not be the basis for judging the performance of any perfume.. if you buy perfumes based on the initial notes that you smell then you're in trouble, you might end up hating it more than loving it..

Estebanz
Estebanz

It's one of my favorites Indeed, there quite a few aspects that I really love about Pulp:
First will be how different it is from everything else on the market for summer.
Second: How powerful and unapologetic it is, 3 sprays will fill up a room with the aroma, and lasting power is 10 plus Hrs.
And last but not least: How this composition manages to do both Sweet & Sour in a genius way, there is lots of sweetness but almost camouflaged by the sour quality of the scent of some of the fruity notes in the composition.
I will say, always sample before you buy,specially with fragrances like Pulp which are unique & strong, Pulp is the definition of a Unique Summer scent,but the main word I will use to describe it will have to be RARE.
Lastly, if it matters, there is a beautiful dominant Fig note in this blend as well.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Pulp is one summer frag which has got balls of Godzilla.

It Starts out very loud and there is blast of fruit ( Raw Fig)and it keeps projecting for next 6 to 8 hours .It is not a very complex frag however its a very fun frag .This is great scent for wearing casually ( On a beach or just going out) though you cant be wearing it on any formal occasion. I feel its best suited for summer and spring .

I will give it 8.5 out of 10 on overall score however you should sample it before buying a bottle .

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I love the fruit blast at the opening of this fragrance. Downright intoxicating and very natural. I have now worn this numerous times as the heat starts building here in Texas and I can see why so many people comment on its legs. This fruity gem is actually performing! The more I wear it, the more I reach for it. It is simple, yet something about it draws me in ever deeper. I can't stop sniffing it. If this fragrance keeps impressing on me like it is now, I could see this easily as a top 10 and maybe even a top 5 scent for me. Still too early to get that enraptured.

My Rating: 9.5

dsty
dsty

I loved this on a paper strip at the store, but after sampling it for two days I don't think I'm going to buy a bottle. On paper it was all fruit (too intense to tell which ones exactly!) - but in an interesting way, bold. I couldn't stop sniffing it and couldn't wait to get a sample. I was convinced I was going to love it so much I would have to buy it, even though it's expensive. I thought that the price would be justified because of its sillage and longevity (it lasted longer on the paper strip than any of the other perfumes I tried that time).

But on my skin it turns out very differently. The great fruit smell is still there, but the cedar wood (and/or cardamom maybe?) almost overwhelm it, they're so dominant, especially at first, but all the way to the finish too.
These aren't my favourite notes, but it's still interesting and very nice, especially once the woody smell calms down a little and the fruit starts coming through more again. What's worse is that is hasn't got any lasting power on me. Two hours and I have to sniff very closely to smell anything at all. I'd go through the expensive bottle in no time and I don't think I love it enough to justify that.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Overripe? Wow, for me this pulp is nearly raw, barely having a hint of the sweetness of ripened fruits. And absolutely none of that typical bland vanilla/soapy musk sweetness of run-of-the-mill fruity-florals in it.

The note list does not paint an accurate picture about the scent, either - I do not get any blackcurrant; the fig might be there as a hint of fleeting coconutty fruitiness; apples and bergamot? Well, there certainly is some generic citrus at least. The overall tartness suggests something like rhubarb - if anything. Oh yes, this _is_ just generic pulp. And mighty one, shining in shades of unreally bright coral, almost neon hued. Personally i sense a strong synthetic vibe in this, but in a pleasant, balanced way. The wood is there, giving a strong and very well fitting backbone. Unique, very modern and quite beautiful.

Careful with the trigger, though, this is a sillage monster! Lasts for ages and can thus get slightly annoying. Still I love it.

Alvinsii91
Alvinsii91

Based on small decant by Essenza Nobile:

Pulp is a very unusual fruity scent. It's definitely not those typical fresh fruity type of scent. Pulp is either you love it or hate it.

It opens with loud, powerful fruity bomb and yet it smell so natural and unique that I never come across. Nausea? No way. My mouth drooling when I sniff through my arm. Very goumardy, yummy fruit scent WOW FACTOR!!! I will definitely buy the full bottle soon. It's giving me a feel that you blend several fruits together and the result is PULP!

However, it's difficult to find the right occasion to wear it. I cannot imagine myself wearing this to formal occasion. Pulp is really aggresive in term of sillage and longevity. Blind buy? Are you sure? TRY IT ON YOUR SKIN FIRST!

I rate it 8/10. Pulp works extremely well with my skin chemistry. I dont get the rotten, pungent overripe fruity scent that some complaint.

darina.ivanova
darina.ivanova

I got addicted to Pulp. Probably because for me it smells of grilled peppers, which I adore.I am not sure whether I will buy it, but I try it every time when I see Pulp in a shop.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

I really, really like this one. It reminds me of a ripe, fuscia raspberry/pineapple/citrus punch that my family used to make around the holidays. Visually, it brings to mind a woman's fist squeezing dark berries and fruits, the pulp bursting from between her soft fingers, the juices dripping down a beautiful, silky forearm. At the same time it is very sexy and evocative of an encounter full of promise.

I don't get the rotten fruit at all that others have mentioned and am very thankful for that.

Beautiful on women and lightly applied can work well on confident men too.

Spring day wear.

4.5/5

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

3/10.

I love Byredo I really do, if only for 1 of their products. But it's definitely not this one!

Think other reviewers here have summed this up better than I can, but I am on the 'rotting fruit bowl' camp.

Simply I just cannot get past it. It has figs and apples and other crushed n' mashed stuff you'd throw in a fruit punch but where Gypsy Water has smooth, transparent sweetness, this is the 'other place'

It's loud, pungent and again very loud. This lasted through 2 showers + soap scrubs with relative ease. Scary!

Figs, more figs, melons, apples, pears, plums, watermelons, bergamot (the pulp, of course!) in some kind of quantitative order - all minus the sweetness and drizzled with something resembling gone-off grapes/some booze and wood shavings.

I also find a synthetic element that with all of the above can come off very nauseating even from the opening.

People who prefer the less sweet do relate to this very well however, but on my skin, it's definitely the local harvest composter, sorry!

update: I can appreciate why Byredo created Pulp the way they did, actually a very clever piece of art and business as with Gypsy water they have a 'safe' Top seller that allows them to be much more bolder with this piece, which will appeal to the more adventurous out there. Kudos Byredo.

dmoman
dmoman

Perhaps it is one if thoughs frags that either like tour skin or not. I like this very much as it is a fruit basket literally. I can see where someone says it comes off rotten but I personally don't think it goes that far but to me it just starting to decompose and/or over ripe but isn't close to being rotten. It's a very well done fruity aromatic fragrance but to its reputation of being polarizing its rather a try rather than a safe blind buy.

drewqxc
drewqxc

The smell is so vibrant and pure, so simple and intoxicating. I love it.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

I remember sampling a few perfumes from the byredo line at a counter in NK, and accidentally spraying my bags from other stores with one of the perfumes, and falling in love with that weird off-beat scent that got stuck to it when I got home hours later. Fastforward six months I got a sample pack from Luckyscent with the whole line and this one is it, definetly not a safe blind buy, it's hard to describe. So strong fig and blackcurrant. I will cherish my little sample but can't see myself wearing this around people. Is it pulp, is it garbage? try it out.
On my skin it turns sour-like.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Byredo's Pulp is one of the most polarizing scents I have tried thus far on my fragrance journey. I bought it on a whim and that is probably the worst kind of buying you can do folks. No prior testing. Blind buy. Uh oh? No sir.

I was not let down when I received this stuff in the mail. I sprayed it on my wrist and I became enamored with it. The biggest positive? NOTHING I have come across smells like this.

Let's get to the rating system:

Smell: Okay so this part may turn a TON of you way from it. The opening will either repulse you or attract you like a moth to a flame. You will love or hate this fragrance based on the smell. The opening is a heavy dose of Fig, black currant, and apple. You will instantly be reminded of either orange juice pulp, which in this case is very dry like it has been sitting in the sun too long but still retaining a bit of its moisture. The drydown is where this thing REALLY shines. It is almost indescribable how this thing metamorphoses on my skin. The fig is constant throughout this thing, but the pairing with the apple is just splendid. Rating: 8/10

Projection: This is considered a Floral Fruity. I would consider it a Fruity Aromatic. Why? Because it is very aromatic. People WILL notice you from a good distance. I haven't come across too many citrus frags that project this well. This is very noticeable from a full arm's length distance away. In some cases, I was told it filled the room I was in and people couldn't help but ask me what I was wearing. It is a projection MONSTER. Rating 10/10

Longevity: This stuff lasts and lasts. 12+ hours any given wearing. You definitely get what you pay for and this thing is on the scale at BEAST MODE on longevity. Rating: 10/10

Price: Okay here's where it takes a hit. This stuff is considered niche so expect to drop some cash. This juice costs around 155 dollars from Byredo's website. That's for the 50 mL bottle. If you buy the 3.4, it's over 200 dollars. A little expensive, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. Rating: 8/10

Average Rating: 9/10.

Final conclusion: It's a definite try, especially if you're into those artistic/weird/unique scents. Like I said, it's a love it or hate it fragrance so please, don't do as I did. Test it before you buy it and when you do, let me know what you think of it.

almarie

Ok, so I really do like this. I have gotten used to this sample and I am really digging this! I like anything peach or apricot and I really do pick up on these notes. However, I checked Barneys website, and I cannot justify purchasing the $220 dollar bottle, LOL. So, I will just use up my sample.

almarie

This is just ok to me. I just received my samples from Surrender To Chance, and I picked this ones as well as others, but I really don't get the hype on this scent. I can certainly understand why some people think this smells awful!

I was shocked while testing it. This fragrance opened nearly like chicken bouillon from pockets. Awful(

aeg8193
aeg8193

This is not good. Smells overdone and synthetic. I'm usually tolerant with all smells but this one burns the back of my throat. Smells like a cheap fruity shampoo, and smells IDENTICAL to Dolce & Gabbana's Anthology no. 3

serchina
serchina

This fruity juice is like all in one. It is so juicy with flowers in background but still perfect for those who dont like fruity perfumes. Lovely combination of black currant, red apple, fig and bergamot. Even I could swear there is also plum inside.
Longevity and sillage are amazing. I had a paper strip that smelled a whole week in my handbag and everytime I opened my bag it spread a smell around 2-3 meters. Great job!

Gilsan
Gilsan

Tis smells like a pinjacolada on me. Very ripe pineapple and coconut milk. Super sweet and fruity.

kris919
kris919

Opening Thought: Why is this called "Pulp" ? this should be called "apple peel & fig skin that has been sprayed with DDT and various other poisons dropped from a plane by a guy named Bubba who doesn't even have a license to fly" . More simply and less dramatic though...it also smells like dollar store room spray.

Middle Thoughts: Ok, this is getting better, it's very fruity. I can't pick out individual notes at all, but at least it no longer smells like synthetic poison. But I can find something similarly fruity for $10 at TJ Maxx. I wonder if this will change to something even better?

Drydown Thought: it doesn't.

Final Thought: Overall, this is like getting canned fruit cocktail for dessert at somebody's dinner party. Oddly, It's served in a dish made of fine wedgewood china.

Byredo bottle= around $200.
Juice= DelMonte fruit cocktail $2.99.
In a nutshell: Nice fruity perfume after you get passed the opening, but not worth $200!

drakecito
drakecito

A very well made gourmand made with sweet fruity.
More on the femenine side but I like it.
Longevity and projection are good, is fresh and can wear it on summer.

Scent: 6.5/10
Sillage: 6/10

MLK
MLK

You really have to spray this on your skin and wait till it warms before making up your mind. I first smelled this on a test strip of paper and it did not smell nice at all. I gave it another try on my skin and waited a while and WOW - I absolutely loved it. I bought a bottle and I am addicted to it now. It makes me feel happy and cosy and I am wearing it in the middle of a cold winter.

This would also be great in the summer - beautiful fruity, with apple, fig and tiare flower - very nice scent. This does not smell like rotten fruit as some people have commented - I think it smells like very ripe, juicy fruit and has also been described as "sexy"....believe it or not!
I just think it is great!!! Give it a few tries and see if you don't love it.

evesoho
evesoho

The top notes are fruity, but I smell cedar and cardamom the entire time, and prominently. To me, the main notes in order are: bergamot, cedar, apple, cardomom, pomegranate, praline. I don't smell the "rotting" fruit many describe, but I wish I'd noticed that Pulp is a unisex scent before I put it on before leaving the house today. In a glance, I saw it described as a "floral fruity" so I thought it would go well with my white sundress. No. I smelled like a men's sport cologne for the four hours it lasted.

This is was my first time sampling a Byredo scent, and although I'd certainly give another one of their perfumes a try if I came across a tester bottle in a shop (unlikely, as I live in Canada), I won't be purchasing any more test vials.

meama
meama

110) surgical simplicity
Ha, encore un parfum à la figue. Elle a un côté crissant, là où chez Heeley l'effet est obtenu par de la menthe ici c'est par la pomme verte pas mure et par les fruits des bois surets. Il y a une belle évolution car ce mélange de douceur et de sure se prolonge jusqu'à la fin (pêche et cèdre).
C'est original sans avoir l'air d'y toucher, simple mais très bien composé.
Faussement candide.

Ha, another perfume with fig. It has a screeching side, where at Heeley the effect is obtained by the mint here is green apple and sour fruits of the wood. There is a nice evolution because the mixture of sweetness and sour extends to the end with peach and cedar.
It's original without seeming to touch it, simple but very well made.
Falsely candid.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Pulp had been on my want list for a long very time though I had not tested it. I really thought I would love it because I love all the notes that enter in the composition.
I recently got a fresh decant. At first I got a very strong smell of overripe fruit: mainly red apples and figs which I found really delicious.
Unfortunately it turned very badly. The day after I had the strange impression that there were some rotten oranges somewhere in my living-room. You know, that special smell citruses have when they get mouldy. I kept searching. How could there possibly be rotten oranges in my living-room? Then I found... it was the cardigan I wore the day before that smellt so strong!
Sadly there is noway I can wear this again...
Nonetheless, longevity and sillage seem to be amazing for those who might appreciate it!

Hoxx
Hoxx

Let me start this by saying that, most of the times, Byredo parfums don’t justify their price tags. I apologize to all their lovers, but they don’t really bring anything new to the table, and I don’t think it’s worth paying that much for a been-there-done-that creation. This one, though, does.

What you got in Pulp is a fruit bowl. The more trained nose would be able to differentiate what exact fruits are in there. To me, there are apples for sure, but rather sweet, ripe and red. A bunch of different berries, with their tart juiciness. There are fresh figs, a fruit with more character than the other mentioned. But to most people that get to smell this on you, me, on paper, this is a fruit bowl. Someone will feel a fruit I don’t, like pear, like passionfruit, papaya – I’ve heard a lot of them, believe me. But with this one you smell like an orchard in the time of fruit’s full ripeness, like an aforementioned fruit bowl. You smell sweetish, jammy, fruity.

Later those top notes that make it through the heart easily(the scent is somewhat linear, honestly, but that’s not nearly a bad thing in this case) really can, in a way, rot. The ripe fruits become overripe, even slightly alcoholic. That’s when a soft cedar note comes into play to calm that feel, and to prolong the evening of the fragrance for an hour more.

This thing projects better in the summer, while it’s a skin-scent during the cold days. Its longevity is solid, but I’d lie if I said I wouldn’t like it to be better.

What you got in this juice is a unique representation of fruits in my perfumery knowing. This is not an apple scent, of fig scent – you have a bunch of those. This is one of few Byredos that gives you a special type of smell, unknown to others and unfamiliar to others. If you want to smell this fruity, it’s a well spent money.

9.25/10

antfarm
antfarm

Pulp has a unique fruity/herbal smell, like someone taking fresh figs and marinating them in some kind of rosemary. It is perfectly named.

This is a distinctive, natural, juicy, cannery fruit smell--not a barely legal kind of fruity. It's complicated and fresh, although I'm not sure I'd buy the whole bottle. Staying power below average. Maybe better for hot weather.

Jellybean
Jellybean

It smells like juicy berries, prunes and then some roasted figs. Smells very edible. Sweet and tarty.
Reminds me when my grandmother was making ton of jam from apples and plums to be stored for winter in a cool storage room.
This scent smells the same from beginning to an end.
For gourmand lovers and/or youngsters.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Truly yummy juicy ripe and delicious summer fruit salad. At the beginning, the fragrant red apple scent is very prominent, almost like opening of DKNY Red Delicious, at the same time blackcurrant, juicy, tart and sweet and slightly peppery comes through, closely followed by a light fig. Can't detect anything else. The longevity wasn't that good on my skin but this is just so deliciously gorgeous I want to keep spraying it on all the time. Sadly, is not that easy to get and is expensive. Shame as it would be an ideal summer scent.

tmukome1
tmukome1

so luscious! soo beautiful, soooo delicious it makes my mouth water!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I'm bombarded with a glorious flood of juicy fruit notes. It's breathtaking, and the jammy ripeness makes me feel wonderfully positive! It's a really sunny fragrance. I haven't picked up on the rotten fruit notes that other reviewers have. Good sillage and longevity.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Red apples!! This opens so deliciously fruity, with a hint of freshness and berries and a barrel of ripe red apples. It smells almost like a fruit mix drink, which worried me momentarily but this quickly sets off down more interesting avenues.
The fig note slowly grows as it wears, bringing out its mildly earthy tones and in the middle stages this begins to really live up to its name, developing into a rich fruity pulp of a scent, conjuring up images of forbidden fruit, with this happy marriage between apples and fig still rolling along, mashed up together. Though the top notes of cardamom and blackcurrant I feel linger long and fade out slowly, providing interesting background noise to the fruit. The woodiness of cedar creeps in as these top notes finally bow out, keeping it rich and earthy and to me quite like an orchard in fall, the fig note providing that lightly fermented air. It makes me think of the poem Blackberry Picking by Seamus Heaney.
This is the best fruity scent I've tried, though I wish the staying power was better. Five hours in and it hugs the skin, though I sprayed only one spritz. This is my first test-run with Byredo and its off to a promising start!

annettepe

this is such a lovely and unique fragrance. its very complex and different. i would consider this a very sophisticated scent considering how sweet it is.

this scent is definitely very sweet with woody notes in it that gives this perfume dimension and depth. in the opening you can smell a very sweet and ripe fig. i dont really get the apple or the black currant. there is also sheer floral notes in this. the cedar can be smelled throughout which gives the perfume the woody and earthy feel. i dont necessarily smell the praline note either but i think this adds to the richness of the sweet note overall. i think this is such a comforting scent. definitely not for everyone since it is very unique and different.

this lasts forever on your skin so a little goes a long way. its a very distinctive fragrance.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Fruity, fleshy, full-bodied, voluptuous, vibrant -- Pulp is the perfect name for it!!

Perfumeoasis
Perfumeoasis

Pulp is my last testing when I visited the shop offering the Byredo parfums. I was quite suprised with this scent. Really a scent of a "fruity pulp". I would not recognize the figue inside, newerless the scent is interesting and it could be a candidade of buying it, at least a 50 ml bottle.

pretty_in_pink
pretty_in_pink

An interesting fruity floral which can be worn when the days are long and hot or in the depths of winter when one needs a pick-me-up.

Pulp reminds me of sticky summer nights in Sydney, when the sun warms the Earth, the cicadas are in full song and the passion fruit vine runs rampant across the back fence.

At this time of year, my nose reaches towards the Southern Cross seeking the scents of high summer night-time blooms - native frangipani, gardenia and backyard mangoes.

Now Pulp doesn’t really contain any of these notes, but it does allude to these things. Over-ripe and over-grown.

Maybe it’s the name, but I instantly detect rotting passion fruit in the opening. There is a hint of grapefruit and bergamot. Some may say sickly – but there is something altogether summer reassuring about these notes.

When I wear it, people comment on watermelons and strawberries. Tropical fruit. Happy memories. Things we love about summer here down-under.

For me it is my modern equivalent of Nine West, in my book, one of the first successful fresh fruity perfumes.

Pulp has reasonable longevity. Never overpowering. OK silage with a couple of squirts. Always refreshing. A great pick me up.

But note, Pulp is pricey. I recommend purchase only for those who are happy to engage in a quick summer fling. If you do not swoon immediately over the top notes, leave this one on the shelf. Like a holiday romance, it is the beginning of this fragrance which is the most exciting.

NoseySpice
NoseySpice

It really was a foul fragrance on my particular skin. It totally reviled me.

Smapyska
Smapyska

I adore adore adore it! So strange and so unique scent. And at the beginning feels so intensive, latter it comes closer to the body, but still smells fresh and quite strong. Its my best choise for a summer season. 145 Eur for a 100 ml, is quite a lot, but its worth to buy!

Longevity 7/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent 10/10

rtquadros
rtquadros

I have a bottle with 28 ml (I used 2 ml), but without box. I want to sell it or to exchange it for another perfume of my interest. I am in Brazil, but I can send it to another Country. Contact: [email protected]

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

Please... do yourself a favor...allow yourself the oppurtunity to try all fragrances on your skin. The paper, tissue or feather can never justify a fragrance...the way your own skin can...and allow yourself the pleasure of it to send your olfactory to a little Heaven...
*** The first initial introduction reminded me of the delicious fruit preserves my man smothers on his morning bread...A more sophisticated fruit...not your school girl Ed Hardy fruit...which quickly disolves with in a few minutes...I did not smell the cardamon, which I was hoping for...as I adore cardamon.
***Then qucikly the apples, figs and pretty tiare flower create a very pretty unique, ***savory...mouthwatering scent...here comes the pralines!...Cedar??? Peach? Not quite the cedar I am familiar with from my essential oils...I think the peach must just be a slight squeezing on top...
While this is very pretty...and most assured sexless... It is not the dirty scents I crave. I do love gourmand... but this one for me is too fruity. It is quite unique...

Edit...later in the eve... the peaches here are absolutely lovely...and worth the wait...

Stellanboll
Stellanboll

I love this one, so does my boyfriend. He even uses it for him self. It might sound strange but i really like that slight undertone of decomposed/rotting fruit.

plumplum1
plumplum1

love this - not for little girls.
this smells ravishing - very sexy. will not suit all personalities- suit me though! my husband loves it. i want to get this again!

valarian
valarian

I’ve loved this perfume for a long time as for me it represents all that's great about perfume as it's a happy perfume a great pick me up it reminds me of a large bowl of sweet fruit bordering on over ripe, mostly I get jammy sweet Fig which I love when done like this. It's very intense and has a great projection and decent longevity. It's such a larger than life bowl of fruitiness it's almost pantomime like. I don't think this will be for everyone but for those that like fruity sweet powerhouses this will be adored.

delphine67
delphine67

What a odd smell, very sour fruit.
A totally disliked it after spraying it on the card.
Its a very unusual smell, not something I have smelled before

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

A very interesting fruity floral.
Not for little girls, though...

Cereza
Cereza

On my skin it opens with apple and fig combo, followed by sweet vanilla/chocolate. The problem I have is that I can't understand is it working on me or not. At some points I love the scent that's coming up from my wrist, but when I inhale it deeply I find that something has gone a bit wrong, I'm not feeling any rotten fruits like others suggest, but there is something wrong, like fruits that are not rotten, but already starting to go bad.
Altough it opens very sweet, the apple becomes a bit sour and gives a refreshing feel to the scent and for me - I find this to be better than just sweet fruity floral. And this is a unique gem, if the chemistry allows to wear it.
It is actually enjoyable, I still get the "wrong" feeling, but it is something different, fruits for someone who dislakes fruity florals I guess.

al.to
al.to

an overdose of fruit sweet..too much
you find sugar/chocolate also.
not for me!!
turn off every other odors

difficult to wear..except for fruiterer:-)
only for braves

prot72
prot72

I like is very very much. This is the only fragrance with real fruit smell, different than others, which are full of chemical elements like a kitchen cleaners. Pulp is a good experience, fresh, yummy, very well balanced. My first impression was overripe figs, juicy and delicious. There is also hint of citrus peels and notes of red apples. IMHO it is perfect fragrance for summer and hot spring days. Also I would say it has unique smell and the only similarities I see is Kadota by M. Storer, however Pulp is fresher and much more juicer.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

Yes, I do get the rotting fruit.. for me it's something closer to overripe pineapple. But I find it strangely airy and quite pleasant. I like it... it's different.

I can see opinions are very divided over it --- associations with other smells (garbage, air fresheners..) are obviously very powerful and can veer sharply one way or the other... and that's a good thing surely... make up your own mind.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Horrid in every way. Nasty screetchy fruity shampoo and cheep airfreshener like one of those hung on car mirrors in taxis. Absolute daylight robbery for the price unless you're paying to smell awful for hours and hours and hours, even after a thorough shower.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

A little goes a long way when spraying this fragrance on. It lasts a good while so 1 or 2 sprays will do. Otherwise, it would overwhelm you and your surroundings. The first time I wore this fragrance I sprayed 4 times prior to attending a dinner with friends, and it was a bit much for about an hour or so. The dry down smell kind of reminds me of Lalique Amethyst for women which I also have (and I'm a male!) but ended up giving Amethyst to my mom because I kind of get insecure about wearing fragrances meant for women and not to be shared. But I like Pulp, it's a really nice shared fragrance. I like the fresh top notes the best.

kerini
kerini

I really don't like the bergamot in this one, it's almost suffocating at first.
When the red apple and black currant get their chance to shine it's nice and subtle, like the calm before the storm. Then suddenly there's a flood of notes, floral, woody and a lot of fig. Quickly the scent turns into a forceful fruity pulp with an interesting hint of greenhouse.
Overall not bad, but in between I get those whiffs of something too sweet, my nose can't tell the notes apart anymore at this point. I don't have the compost association mentioned by others but I can see where it's coming from.
With 5+ hours it lasts at least a little longer than other Byredo fragrances I've tried.

kaika
kaika

Hmmm... A funny thing happened.

I used to like this one very much on first sniff. It seemed so conspicuous, juicy and vivacious... If you can imagine a mouth watering cocktail of fresh fruit, ripe and succulent, this was exactly it. Plus, a note of blackcurrent which is truly a masterpiece...

I got a vial of this and literally bathed myself in it. My nose must have created good associations with that smell, and I simply loved it. Until I read some of the reviews :DDD

Some people mentioned that this smelled like... garbage! On reading that, I laughed out. BUT next time I was putting this scent on, I instantly detected the rotten fruit odour!!! This new association has unfortunately prevailed the former positive impression I had of this scent. As a result, I can no longer bear the smell of Pulp. What a shame...

BTW. This makes me really scary of the way the brain works! I will think twice next time I read reviews of the scents I like...

I was surprised to find a wonderful fruity blackcurrant fig-apple tart here...luckily fresh and nothing like rotten garbage to me...thankfully:) Very nice one, until now my favorite black currant fragrance

Lilski
Lilski

I LOVE this fragrance, when I'm in Liberty (London) I sneakily spray it liberally, it lasts, it's like a big, fat, punch-in-the-face with the inside of a peach kernal. I adore single scent perfume and this is awesome.

I can never *quite* justify the £120 price tag though.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Ok, ill start off by saying i love, thats right, love a good fruity frag. But i feel that most of them thst i have sampled have been cheap, mass market, fruit bombs that smell synhetic to me. This baby is a fresh, mouthwatering bite! There is definitely a crisp, green note that perks my nose immediately, followed by a juicy, wet black currant/apple. After about fifteen minuites, it starts to mellow, and become smooth, soft even, and to bond well with my chemistry. At this point im intrigued, because its changing, a light, just showered, dewy skin scent, ripe, red fruit, and a touch of woodsiness that i think will develop further on the dry down. Somehow a little of that opening green apple/citrus skin note still plays hide and seek. The whole scent blends, shows up strongly, and then plays hide and seek. Im looking forward to my husbands reaction to this "hide and seek"... If i want to eat my own arm.... Hehe..

Beautiful on a winters day, i think im getting..chocolate? Fresh, juicy and somehow icy, although it is subzero out... Downside; this lovely juice starts to dissapear inside an hour. Stays very close to the skin. I could see myself burning through a bottle all too quickly.

pansylady
pansylady

This fragrance smells like fruit that is just beginning to turn into alcohol- alternately sweet, sour and bitter, like orange marmalade laced with liquor, or candied citrus peel- it reminds me of Couture by Juicy Couture- potency/staying power is a little on the low side, though-

abirae
abirae

To me, this is a very deep jammy plum and fig scent with a bitter astringency of persimmon. It's the bitter persimmon that makes this one interesting for me, but it's not the tart juicy fruit I was expecting.

It does smell somewhat like overripe fruit. It borders on the grotesque - like an Otto Dix portrait of a fruit bowl. It's deep purple and a little scary.

It's big, and a little goes a long way, but it's an unusual choice for winter to stave off the cold.

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

This one really hit me when I sniffed it in the store. It's a fruit-nuke and nothing less. People told me they smelled grapefruit, apples and dried plum. It's all there. Don't use it when you go eat in a fancy restaurant. You might get kicked out.
Love it

Okay, i didn't get rotten garbage. What I do get is nothing like the listed notes. You know that smell of green tomato leaves in hot sunlight? That's what I get. Hot green notes, like tomato leaves in the sun, with hints of unripe berries. Pulp is truly evocative of a summer garden at noon. In it's way, very nice, but also a bit strange as a scent. Must wonder where the listed notes went, though.It sounds as if it should be sweet and fruity with some spice base and instead it's green and sharp and like sitting among the vegetable plants. Odd, but kind of compelling in it's way

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

To some people it´s rotten melon or fruit salad turning into alcohol, but for some it´s a really unusual fruit scent.
I don´t like to smell it right out of the bottle or on paper, but on the right skin with the matching chemistry it turns into a really great, yummy fruit scent!
Try it on YOUR skin!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Pulp fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Byredo Pulp, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pulp by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pulp by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.