Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Sunday Cologne Byredo for women and men

Sunday Cologne Byredo for women and men
dislike

Sunday Cologne Byredo for women and men Pictures

Sunday Cologne by Byredo is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Sunday Cologne was launched in 2011. Top notes are cardamom, bergamot and star anise; middle notes are lavender, geranium and incense; base notes are vetiver, patchouli and oak moss.

Cardamom Bergamot Star Anise

Lavender Geranium Incense

Vetiver Patchouli oak moss

Fantastic Man

Sunday Cologne Fragrance Reviews

pravda48
pravda48

This was INCREDIBLY sweet in the opening (applied to my bf ;)). Lots of almost candied bergamot and the at once uplifting and soothing lavender + cardamom combo (love it). It did have a sort of candied citrus feel to it, which took a few minutes to mellow out but then I found it quite delicious and bf was nuzzled for many minutes so I could get good whiffs of it (this is why he lets me sample on him, haha).

Overall I REALLY like it. Very attractive due to it's being sweet but fresh at the same time. Sillage was not what I had hoped, however. Neither was the longevity (maybe 3 hours as a skinscent) but I'm thinking I didn't apply enough and I know he washed the area a few times since now it smells like soap on his wrist where I put it. Will try again, maybe on me next time :D

Housebliss
Housebliss

This is very nice, but my girlfriend hates it. Vetiver, either you love it or hate it. This one is very similar to French Lover by FM. Smells earthy, citrusy and floral. Very clean, but at the same time dirty and bitter.

Lasts at least 8 hours on my skin, and sillage is enormous. One spray on the top of my hand, and everyone near me could smell it.

It's expensive. I paid $ 180 for 50 ml. I would get a sample before buying a bottle.

I really like it.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

To my nose the projecting notes in Sunday Cologne are cardamom and star anise. I obviously get the bergamot but not to the extend described by other reviewers. I think the combo of these 2 spices heightens the perception of a stronger citrus and also makes the citrus zesty.

The floral notes are agreeably light to me. As a man, floral notes turn me off if they standout over other notes. In SC the floral notes are soft, just enough to blend in and round the fragrance.

At the base the patchouli and vetiver are equally present and balanced. They are both soft allowing the other notes to flow through as a good base should do.

Sunday Cologne has this moderately sharp and tangy character that gives it a very unique personality. I have smelt many fragrances in my life and have not come across with one like it. SC would standout and draw me to it in any large gathering. It is lovely, elegant, versatile, unique, and long lasting. For its uniqueness, quality, precious smell, performance and magnetism it is worth it's money. People find it intriguing. I really adore this fragrance. I'll always have it in my collection.

Bbjr
Bbjr

This is simply an excellent fragrance. Spicy citrus on top, grapefruit predominates at first but the dry down is a nice light spice. This is really well done.

petar.ciganovic
petar.ciganovic

I love this one, it is really one hell of a conogne. Fresh, spicy and citrusy in the beginning, the drydown is a bit more subtle and heavier. Due to vetiver and spices definitely.

Fresh, clean and luxurious scent, perfect for spring and summer. It is wareable during colder days also, for some kind of fresh punch! On my wishlist.

My rating: 8/10

Giabbotomato
Giabbotomato

Fantastic man was conceived in collaboration with the magazine ''Fantastic Man''. Today, I asked why they changed the name, but they were not really sure. Maybe something happend with the collaboration with the magazine. Not sure!

I tried Sunday Cologne and it smells really citrusy on me (and I'm not a fan of citruses in general). It's heady and fresh, backwards I can smell Incense, but I hoped it would come out more than this. After 5 hours it's still really strong and citrusy. Strong bitter bergamot, rough lavander, gentled by the geranium and a bit of lavander. Just a bit of spicy base.

Summery and fresh in general.

s.w.
s.w.

duskangel101, yes, they have changed the name. there is information on Byredo home page:

"SUNDAY COLOGNE
Eau de Parfum
Sunday Cologne is the new name for the fragrance Fantastic Man.

From Valle Vigezzo to the Rhine bank, over a Chatham drugstore counter via Glockengasse 4711, the classic cologne has hit home with gentlemen everywhere, polite and poised like a sharp sidepart and a Gornik & Drucker taper cut. You'll find it on any windowsill, in any upstairs washroom, next to a neatly folded hand towel, a Murdock straight blade and Proraso. Citrusy and crisp, fleeting in its solidity, the ageless cologne the way you used to know it has been fitted with a new suit, baring its ankles. A tad spavaldo perhaps, but forever faithful, like a Sunday."

but still amazing cool scent, which makes happy with the very positive sounding: little spicy, little balmy and long lasting! by the way, this scent really remind me a very very light and not sweet version of Hermes Elixir des Merveilles. for myself i even call it "Elixir des Merveilles Eau Sensuelle" :-)

MrMookie
MrMookie

I wore it 2 times this week lovely combination with bergamot and very good lasting.
Sunday cologne is a good name for it, "fantastic man" is not the best name for it it gives you the feeling you get a rich and powerfull scent.

Laidback easy sunday morning out of the shower fresh and vibrant notes give you a good feeling all through the morning/day.
Its an uplifting mood fragrance.
If you like clean fresh n vibrant cologne type scents this one is a really good choice!
Its pricy so i think i get an alternative but well done byredo!

marioslg3
marioslg3

This is the old fragrnace Fantastic man and due to the its high suceess, it was released again under the name Sunday cologne. It is exactly the same perfume officially by byredo.

Sunday Cologne by Byredo 4.02 out of 5 based on 67 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Sunday Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Byredo Sunday Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sunday Cologne by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sunday Cologne by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.