Designers » C » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Eternal Return CB I Hate Perfume for women and men

Eternal Return CB I Hate Perfume for women and men

Eternal Return by CB I Hate Perfume is a Woody Aquatic fragrance for women and men. Eternal Return was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Brosius. The fragrance features sea water, driftwood, woody notes and cypress.

Sea water Driftwood Woody Notes Cypress

Mr Hulot's Holiday

Eternal Return Fragrance Reviews

Calone freshness without the hideousness of calone, this is a "teal" scent in that it pits a fern-esque green note against an oceanic blue. With a delicate hint of bilge frothing and bubbling against an old plank of wood (smells like peanuts), Brosius nails the environment perfectly. And just to keep with the theme, the lifespan of the teal aspect is about that of a crashing wave, but it does leave a nice bilgy trace behind that lingers in wisps.

I bought this because the name echoes Nietzsche as well as my favorite novel, The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Rather than being a "philosophical, contemplative" scent though (think incense, patchouli and spice), Eternal Return brings you to the calm solitude of a northern coastline. This is not a "beachy" scent, but something colder and a bit haunting, yet grounding-like staring at the ocean contemplating its size and the waves' eternal returns. It reminds me very much of Demeter's Salt Air. I don't know if that means that I can't detect much cypress in CB's creation, or that Demeter also adds woodsy notes to its scent. I have not worn this out yet, but I love wearing it on cold rainy days when I don't leave the house. It is fresh and cleansing, yet sad all at the same time.

I wanted to enjoy this, but lurking beneath the lovely sea notes was the smell of foamy gunk found along the shore. I prefer the smell of the best of the sea to the smell of the worst of the sea. Eternal Return was a one way trip for me.

I haven't smelled this yet, but it's on my list of scents to order from CB I Hate Perfume.

Christoper Brosius describes it as:
the scent of sailing toward the shore... a blend of Fresh Ocean Air, Wooden Ship and a faint hint of Cypress Trees growing on the cliff above the water...

Eternal Return by CB I Hate Perfume 4.22 out of 5 based on 21 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CB I Hate Perfume Eternal Return fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about CB I Hate Perfume Eternal Return, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eternal Return by CB I Hate Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eternal Return by CB I Hate Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

CB I Hate Perfume M2 Black March Etat Libre d`Orange Jasmin et Cigarette Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles CB I Hate Perfume M4 A Room With A View CB I Hate Perfume To See A Flower Robert Piguet Fracas Serge Lutens Sarrasins Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan James Heeley Sel Marin Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Diptyque Eau Duelle CB I Hate Perfume At The Beach 1966 Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois Serge Lutens Chergui CB I Hate Perfume Walking in the Air CB I Hate Perfume Fire From Heaven Caron Aimez - Moi