Designers » C » Woody Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
leather

Mr. Hulot's Holiday is one of the favorite movies of Christopher Brosius. The perfume dedicated to this movie is features salty breath of the Mediterranean breeze, driftwood, rocks covered with seaweed and the smell of old leather suitcases.

It is available as 2 and 15 ml perfume absolute, 100 ml water perfume and 150 ml home spray. Mr Hulot's Holiday was launched in 2004.

Sea water Salt Woodsy Notes Seaweed Leather Pebbles Driftwood

Eternal Return
Salt Air

Mr Hulot's Holiday Fragrance Reviews

Jish80
Jish80

Weirdly synthetic while at the same time evocative of a natural scene. Kind of like watching something in HD. It's fake and you know it but something about it makes you suspend reality for the fantasy of the moment. I don't know how anyone could wear most of CB's stuff but I do respect their artistic aesthetic.

christianne1
christianne1

Very simple beach type of scent. Reminds me a lot of "Beachy" by Lily Pulitzer actually. Or Salt Air by Demeter a little bit. If you like nice, clean, fresh beach type fragrances this may be for you. Nice....but honestly you can find so many similar perfumes that give the same feel for a fraction of the price.

deadidol
deadidol

A bright, green Fairly Liquid dishwashing soap kind of scent. It borrows some of the oceanic notes of scents like At The Beach but it strips away much of that scent’s nuance. "Calone without the headache," but there’s not much else to this one. It’s aerated and crisp, but largely characterless and becomes a mere whisper within minutes. This would be a great (albeit expensive) post-workout spritzer, but I get none of the intended effect of suitcases, algae etc. There’s something plastic-y lurking around in there, but that might just be coming from the dabber in the sample vial. That’s how faint this scent is.

Despite how underperforming many of the scents in this line are (by design), I really appreciate the aesthetic. You just have to go into sampling CBIHP knowing that you're going to get something very different from standard perfume. He's the master of realism and subtlety, and that’s exemplified here.

becuille
becuille

I get what I could swear is lemongrass. That seems to be the predominant scent on my skin and it stays very linear.

I never get the "old suitcases" part at all. CB usually nails it, but this one doesn't evoke anything in particular for me, it's just a fairly pleasant lemony scent.

I don't dislike it, but there's not enough happening to make it full bottle worth for me.

If this is your first CB scent, be sure to give others a go because I don't feel this one is representative of the house at all.

ejtannster
ejtannster

Very evocative, very ephemeral. Absolutely not worth the money. Oh well.

DeerHunter
DeerHunter

Fantastic fragrance.

freddinos
freddinos

Didn't remind me of holidays, but of a nostalgic place in the past, close to the sea. Has a distinctive animalic / organic scent, more appropriate for men than women. Melancholic and blue...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I'd describe this as the mature cousin of At The Beach 1966. It's a little sharper and fresher, and makes me think of light blue skies and sandy beaches. I prefer the slightly more sparkly At The Beach, but this is still a pleasant summer fragrance.

CB is surely a funny brand. I like their visionary concept, I like their descriptions and love the perfume absolute bottle and packaging but very often I don't like very much their scents. Inconsistent and fresh in a very ordinary way. Mr. Hulot's Holyday is ok but nothing special, really. No old suitcase, sorry :(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CB I Hate Perfume Mr Hulot's Holiday fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about CB I Hate Perfume Mr Hulot's Holiday, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mr Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mr Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

CB I Hate Perfume At The Beach 1966 CB I Hate Perfume M2 Black March Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two CB I Hate Perfume In The Library Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain L`Artisan Parfumeur Traversee du Bosphore Tauer Perfumes 05 Incense Extreme The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest CB I Hate Perfume Wild Hunt CB I Hate Perfume Burning Leaves Diptyque Philosykos Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzing! Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur CB I Hate Perfume Memory of Kindness CB I Hate Perfume November Bvlgari Black