Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Russian Caravan Tea CB I Hate Perfume for women and men

Russian Caravan Tea CB I Hate Perfume for women and men
dislike

ozonic

There's almost nothing nicer and more comfy than sitting by a fire with a good book and drinking Russian caravan tea. This is a dark and smoky fragrance of smoked black Indian tea, bergamot and the hint of shelves full of old books.

It is available as 2 and 15 ml perfume absolute and 100 ml water perfume. Russian Caravan Tea was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Brosius.

Bergamot Tea Woodsy Notes

N° XIII Poivre Sichuan
The Bergamote - Bergamot Tea

Russian Caravan Tea Fragrance Reviews

becuille
becuille

This perfume sums up why I love Christopher Brosius. When I first wore it, I thought "Oh god, I smell just like a cup of tea, get it off me!" Then I realised "Wait a minute, I like this smell, why the hell shouldn't I wear it on my skin?"

Brosius does't make your usual perfumes - as evidenced by the name of the house - but he does make you reconsider what perfume is, or can be. I really appreciate that. Not everything needs to be roses and jasmine.

This is the most realistic tea perfume I've ever smelled. I think it's because a) he uses very high quality ingredients and b) he's not trying to add a ton of other stuff to it to make it more "wearable". He wants this to smell like tea so it does.

It's never really lemony on me. I get tea, some spices (making the tea smell a bit like a chai tea) and some woods. Although the name says Russian, this makes me think of old world India in a way.

It's a very pure, clean scent, unisex too. Longevity is 7 hours on me, moderate sillage.

Q80
Q80

well... it smells like.... cold lemon tea added to it a hint of soap then a soft drink (7up does the work). so it's a mixture of worm rather than cold tea. no for me.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i have a sample of this and i tried to slather it on, but my skin seems to eat it right up! it's a subtly sweet milky tea fragrance. at first i smelled something sweet, almost berry-like, but i don't know what that was. it's a soft bergamot with a hint of woods and slight foody spiciness. i think anyway, this just has no staying power on me, and i can hardly smell it, despite reapplying it twice.

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

This is a dead ringer for Lipton ice tea, with some added bergamot. I wish it weren't so, I've been after a good black tea fragrance for a long time, but this just isn't interesting enough. I admire the realism, but I don't want to smell of it.

TeaAndRoses
TeaAndRoses

This smells so perfect. Good black tea, light citrus essence, a touch of creaminess - like Earl Grey with plenty of milk. I have not noticed the scent of old bookshelves, but that's fine with me.
Sadly my water perfume sample only lasts about an hour on my skin. I may shell out for the 2ml absolute.

laughingbird
laughingbird

I want to smell like black tea. I think I've found my tea scent - finally!

I've tried tea for two (smelled like sweet pipe tobacco on me), the pour un ete (jasmine, citrus, no tea? Too tart), au the blanc (all musk in dry down),au the rouge (warm, nutty, more pipe), au the vert (light, pretty, white/green, heady even - more flowers than tea), and Il coloniali black tea which smells very similar to RCT at first but stronger and muskier in the end. I even tried Gucci pour homme 2 based on reviews. That smelled disasterously like new car.

Russian caravan tea isn't smoky enough to smell exactly like it's namesake, but it does smell like fresh iced black tea with lemon to me. It opens very herbal and grassy with a strong, clear bergamot note. The top notes are quite masculine to me. There is something that is vaguely reminiscent of Pine-sol at first, but I decided not to panic and run to the sink for a scrub.

The dry-down was the payoff. The scent is sheer, cool, refreshing like one would imagine a glass of iced tea on a hot day would be. There is the undercurrent of bergamot and a distant whiff of smoke throughout. I don't get the warm cuppa in the library vibe at all.

No musk- yay!It's not that I hate musk, just that on me musk overwhelms all other scents so that most perfumes smell too similar when they've dried. OK, I hate musk.

This scent is very sheer. Sillage is light. Not sure about staying power because it is one of those scents you quickly can't smell on yourself. I'd definitely wear this in the summer. Maybe Au the rouge in fall/ winter?

kabelaced
kabelaced

Smoky and dark, but disappeared right away on my skin in an hour or so. This is close to the smell of caravan tea, but I wish it would have had more body and been even smokier!

evesoho
evesoho

Gypsy Parfumista's review? I'm sold!

RedDeLishus
RedDeLishus

This scent is best tested on your body. For some people the lemon is brought out, and for other the woodsy notes. The tea is constant and amazing. I like this with the Library scent by CB. This is unisex, the person's body is such a key factor on how this smells. The strip of paper samples are always off.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

An expensive mix of tommy girl and liz ardens green tea. Smells like warm black tea and lemon, but for the price of this I'd rather rub tea bags on myself.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This is one of CB's "simple" fragrances. This works so well because of the excellent quality of the materials - this really is earl grey tea!

*Perfume Absolute review*

Christopher Brosius MAY be a pretentious ass, but if YOU made perfumes like THESE you could be as pretentious as you wanted! I feel he was tired with "mainstrem" perfumes and wanted to "break out" of the norm (something I utterly admire) and do some really different, soul gripping creations. And this he has done, in my opinion, from what I have smelled thus far. Scents with names like "Under the Arbor", "Gathering Apples", "I am a Dandelion" and "Baby's Butt" (LOL) take things everyone can relate to and brings out the beauty in everyday life...

Join me now, in the Library, for a nice warm cup of Russian Caravan Tea...would you??

The drapes are open and the sunlight is flooding in, as the water boils and the loose leaf tea sits in the ceramic pot. As the scalding water cascades over the tea, a heavenly aroma of PURE TEA greets the nose with citrusy nuances of bergamot and I ask you "One lump or two?"; Placing a lemon slice (gently twisted) on the edge of each cup as we settle into comfy leather high backed chairs and talk of philosophy, the state of the world and the newest Serge Lutens creation. All around us is the smell of wooden shelves and antique books bound lovingly, encasing pages gilt with gold and holding tales of adventure, intrigue and love. Russian Caravan Tea is not so much the spicy aromatic tea I thought it would be, but it is a brisk and eye-opening scent that is as pure and simple as an afternoon spent sipping really GOOD tea and talking and spending a day doing nothing of real importance other than nourishing one's soul and relaxing with those you love and luxuriating in the simple, but necessary, creature comforts that make life worth living: good tea, friends, and a good book!

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 3.75/5

Would you care for another cup, dear friend? It is, after all, Sunday and I hear that there is a new niche line coming out from Molton Brown...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I found this to be a rather vapid rose tea fragrance. The water perfume had not staying power on me.

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

This scent made me realize how much i like the smell of tea. I don't quite catch the lemon/bergamot but there is definitely something that makes it a bit sweet. Perfect blend. Love it.

BIG
BIG

i purchased a small sample of this scent. In all honesty, after smelling it, i could not make myself wear it. It seemed as if i sampled lemon flavored black tea and not a fragrance. very deceiving.

nanano
nanano

Very nostalgic smell from my childhood. Thoughts coming back to the could dark mornings when grandmother were prepared strong black tea with lemon. This smells the same. Only tea and lemon, without sugar.

abirae
abirae

This is my new favorite tea scent. It opens with very vivid, lush bergamot, like a perfect cup of Earl Gray or lightly sweetened iced tea with lemon. The bergamot is warm and round, and fades slowly away leaving just a hint of citrus with a gorgeous and slightly bitter black tea base, with a hint of cedar and an extraordinarily faint touch of smoke. I'm in love.

janudy
janudy

This smells like the black tea I drink every morning, but with some lemon! However, unlike other tea scents I own, this has surprising longevity. I could smell it on me at the end of the day, a good 9 hours later. And there's none of that musky dry down I find in other light tea scents. Christopher Brosius is a genius at capturing scent memories!

midsummer
midsummer

If there was a scent for the morning after, this would be it. I don't read it as an evening scent. To me, it smells like sipping over-steeped tea at an outdoor cafe, possibly with a faint hint of smoke from the table next to you. It's a strong burst of caffeine when you haven't slept at all the night before.

As with other CB I Hate Perfume scents, this one plays with your mind in very interesting ways. I may never be able to sample "normal" perfume again!

Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume 4.33 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about CB I Hate Perfume Russian Caravan Tea, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.