Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Wild Hunt CB I Hate Perfume for women and men

Wild Hunt CB I Hate Perfume for women and men
dislike

In the Archetype collection CB included primal scents important to us due to the fact that we genetically feel them. Haven’t you ever felt like a hunter with a spear in your hand in an ancient forest, its beauty shadowed by its dangerousness, and your blood boils from the excitement of hunting? If you forgot, you can remember it with Wild Hunt. Wild Hunt is a fragrance of an ancient forest that holds scents of leafs, broken branches, herbal juice, rotten wood on earth, green moss, fir, pine and small mushrooms. See article I hate perfume! Wild Hunt was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Brosius.

Boletus edulis Soil tincture Woody Notes Green Notes Grass Oakmoss Fir Pine Tree

Thunderstorm
M2 Black March
November
Invisible Monster

Wild Hunt Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

più una composizione concettuale che un profumo in senso stretto, non per nulla questa fragranza è stata creata dal laboratorio I hate perfume, e come tale si inserisce in una più ampia sperimentazione di sensazioni olfattive di reminiscenza proustiana. siamo in campagna, probabilmente in autunno o dopo la pioggia, in un pomeriggio tardo, se non di sera: c'è odore di terra umida, di fogliame, di funghi, di resine, di conifera, di vegetazione che sta per decomporsi. il risultato è gradevole, assai evocativo, non prepotente ma piuttosto intimo, tanto da rimanere come un odore percepittibile solo da chi lo indossa in un piccolo, personale viaggio nella memoria. molto buono.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

The perfume of fireflies! That petrichor in a forest just after dawn where cypress knees breach the bog. Leaves are damp and the air is quiet. Mushrooms have sprouted overnight, and spanish moss drapes hanging from branches full of dew. Wild Hunt captures all of that in a wearable concept perfume that is close to the skin. A personal trip to the wildwoods!

SavvyJ
SavvyJ

when i first put this on it smelled like i was lying on a forest floor—dirt, mushrooms, rotting leaves

after about half an hour it lightened up some, more like a walk in the woods

but now, after a few hours, i guess because of my own skin? it smells VERY sweet, and waayyyy to much like a grandma

rp6969
rp6969

One of the most unusual scents I've encountered and I find it totally captivating. I detect the very realistic scent of, soil, moss, wet leaves, grass, lovely pine and fir, and, yes, mushrooms. The sillage and longevity from several dabs of the oil absolue are quite impressive. I may not be an outdoorsy type but at least I can smell like one. It definitely smells like a fall morning's walk in a damp forest. As soon as I got home I ordered three more CB I Hate Perfume scents: The Fir Tree, Gathering Apples, and Burning Leaves. Tea/Rose will have to go on my wish list.

deadidol
deadidol

It’s the signature petrichor move upfront but, this time it's flanked by some dense foliage as back up. It’s hard to pull specifics from it though—it’s more of an overall impression of an environment, only it comes off as a tad muddy. Mossy and slightly vegetal, it smells like grass, leaves, fungus all rolled into a single unit. My main contention is that, despite its verisimilitude, it feels mono whereas a stereo effect would have been better suited. Not quite on par composition-wise as some of the other soil-centric scents in the line, but just as photorealistic and convincing.

chweintr
chweintr

You come to...

You realize you've been passed out. You see grass. You see sky. Twirling. You smell dirt. You feel mud. you taste blood on your lip.
People are looking at you asking you if you're alright.

You're squeezing something tightly between your arm and your chest; you look down and see the football in your hand. Someone's saying "He's fine, he's alright. touchdown!". It's then that the pieces begin to fit back together; you had been going up for a pass and gotten thwacked by someone or some-ones on the way down. Again, you taste the blood ... you smell the dirt. the mud. sticks. Did they say "touchdown"?

You get up, fling the ball to the nearest person and walk triumphantly back to your team... You're still a little cob-webby in the head so you double check your shirt to make sure you've rejoined the right group. You're alright. Everything's alright. You finish the game in a bit of a fog. Later, you'll wash the blood off your face, the mud from your hair, the dirt from your teeth. From then on, whenever you catch a whiff of wet earth and blood and mud it smells like a tackle, it smells like a touchdown.

True story

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Mossy campground. Similar in many ways to Black March but a little more shadowy. More trickling water and moonlight.

pravda48
pravda48

One sniff & I'm beside a pond surrounded by wet, dewy, moss-covered trees. The soil is fragrant from the hard rain all around and warm enough that I feel surrounded by damp earth. Spot on.It smells real. Never before or since have I found a realistic wet dirt smell.

Sniffing my sample is like opening the closet door to a part of Narnia forest after a rain; I don't even feel like I'm in my house anymore!

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

Fragrances, hopefully the better ones, have a tendency to bring back memories. Wild Hunt is no exception. Almost instantaneously Wild Hunt brought back summer memories of lying on the sand at Baldwin Beach near South Lake Tahoe. The smell of warm sand along with the smell of sugar pine, red fir and a few aspen trees in the background is what I get from Wild Hunt. When I smell the bottle directly it smells like the towel that I was lying on minus the sunscreen.

The projection is just right, not too strong, not too weak. When I move around I get whiffs of it that make me smile remembering all the good family times we had at Baldwin Beach. The tincture note of Wild Hunt is similar to Black March. If Black March is suppose to evoke the first winter thaw than I would say Wild Hunt is late summer to early fall.

There is a "no fragrance" policy where I work. Wild Hunt smells so natural that I could easily wear this to work without anyone thinking I am wearing a fragrance. I will definitely wear this to work tomorrow to fight off the case of the Mondays (think the movie "Office Space"). Highly recommended!

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Yes, this is it. I have searched high and low for the perfect dirt, wood, grass, and leaves fragrance. Technically, I was searching for a fragrance reminiscent of a compost pile but this is close enough. Oh dear, this one is giving my #1 stiff competition.I am so in love with Tauer Verdant but this piece of work has me begging for more. Is this legal, to fall in LOVE with an inanimate object?

If not, then I must say that I just broke the law because this powerful dirt bomb and me just got hitched! We well be together forever and live happily ever after.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

i found this scent FASCINATING but i'm not sure i'll wear it much. it truly has the feeling of being outdoors in the woods - perhaps just after dawn when everything has the night's dew on it. i put it on this morning and was heading out and my wife asked me "are you really going to go out smelling like a rotting log?" i laughed, but she wasn't wrong. it's that rich, earthiness thing and CB nailed it. very impressive scent!

AMUSING UPDATE: i was moving firewood around last week a day after it had rained. as i hit the bottom of the pile i was pulling wood up off of dirt and the damn dirt, wood, green, wet smell hit me like a freight train. i immediately thought "holy crap - this is a chris brosius juice!" that boy has a gift...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This scent screams primal. I get a heady whiff of lush green vegetation, predominantly moss and wood, and bizarelly I can make out the smell of little mushrooms. I couldn't wear this regularly but it does transport you to another place. Wearing this almost makes me feel like I'm out of the city and on holiday!

Cereza
Cereza

This brings me back to my childhood:

It's been a rainy day, me and my father are going mushroom picking. We go to the forest. It's autumn, so the leaves are covering the wet ground. I sit down to pick a mushroom and inhale. The dirt, the almost rotten wet leaves, the mushrooms. That's what I feel from "wild hunt". And it's so amazing and addictive. Ok, not wearable, but so lovely.

Those were my happy days - me and my dad going mushroom picking. Too bad that grown ups (me) don't have time for that anymore.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

This smells much more like spring to me than the heat of summer. The opening of this brings to mind the very specific scent of new growth revealed from under a pile of thawed out leaves. Maybe musty dirt, wet, still yellow-green grass and little mushroom sprouts. It then dries down to something much sweeter and more wearable. Something like hedges and coco mulch. I would recommend using the absolute if you want to smell this stage without your nose pressed against your wrist.The water perfume stays very close to the skin.

Yamba1
Yamba1

The genius of Christopher Brosius is that he creates olfactory memories. In an instant, you are at a certain place, a certain time. This is a powerful gift to be able to transport people, and I have read many reviews of some of his other creations that send people back in time, to when they were young, playing with grandparents that are now long gone. Very special.
Wild hunt is not so evocative for me (unlike At the Beach 1966) but nevertheless it transports me straight to a garden centre I used to go to with my mother as a young child. Garden centres weren't the big business they are nowdays. Back then it was row upon row of potted plants of all varieties, dripping wet, and the owerpowering smell of wet foliage, mulch, compost and soil. Underfoot was the crunch of gravel with big muddy pot holes to avoid!
I find myself using this frangrance as a comfort scent- just before bedtime drifting off to sleep with happy thoughts of gardening...

pirata
pirata

Christopher Brosius is a genius, his ideas and work put me in awe when I learned about them and got a chance to smell them for myself.

I love this particular fragrance, because for one, it completely without a doubt smells like what its supposed to. Second, it takes me to another place, a place I dont get to witness and experience where I live, it takes me deep inside a moist thick forest full of greens, moist dirt, leaves scattered across the floor, fungus and even small flowers. It lets me escape.

At first this scent smells like I explained above, a thick forest with damp soil/dirt and leaves all over, and when I say damp soil/dirt I mean wow I feel like im laying in it, NOBODY can create this smell better than Christopher Brosius himself. It slowly becomes more of a pine smell with the dirt still lingering after some time which is quite nice. Once it starts to fully dry down and settle more, I begin to get hints of (believe it or not) Violet. It's light but when I get this note it brings Tom Ford's Black Violet to mind. It truly is beautiful.

I personally love this fragrance, it may seem hard to wear at the beginning but once it drys down it really is beautiful and very wearable. I'm a very visual and imaginative person, so I really enjoy wearing this when reading a book with a forest setting in it, or even watching a movie with the same setting. It really makes me feel like im THERE.
I suggest if the notes appeal to you and you really want that scent, to try it for yourself, you won't be let down.

lilinah
lilinah

Christopher Brosius says of Wild Hunt:
"This is the fourth scent in my series of primal smells. Wild Hunt is the scent of an ancient forest in the heat of a summer afternoon. It is a blend of Torn Leaves, Crushed Twigs, Flowing Sap, Fallen Branches, Old Leaves, Green Moss, Fir, Pine and Tiny Mushrooms."

I bought it from his website and it smelled as described. He uses accords which he creates himself. Christopher Brosius's scents reveal themselves in layers.

"Wild Hunt" opens with earthy and woody scents. It is followed by the scent of fir and pine. Next i get hints of spices, although i can't identify which. After this comes the scent of hidden flowers, not light, not strong, but somewhat heady and seductive, yet the spice and woods remain.

I am a now a fan of CB I Hate Perfume and have purchased 4 others, none of which are currently in the Fragrantica data base.

I hope i have the opportunity to review them as well.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CB I Hate Perfume Wild Hunt fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about CB I Hate Perfume Wild Hunt, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wild Hunt by CB I Hate Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wild Hunt by CB I Hate Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.