Designers » C » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Amor Amor Absolu Cacharel for women

Amor Amor Absolu Cacharel for women
dislike

Amor Amor Absolu Cacharel for women Pictures

Amor Amor Absolu is a new edition of the famous Cacharel Amor Amor, expected in October 2010. Amor Amor Absolu is a fragrant interpretation of an intense and deep love, created by the perfumer Dominique Ropion who mixed sensual notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, pineapple, frangipani, vanilla, grapefruit, benzoin and praline. The aroma represents love in its entire splendor.

It is available as 30 and 50 ml EDP.

Grapefruit Black Currant Pineapple

Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss

Amor Amor Absolu Fragrance Reviews

courant
courant

We are Cacharel followers, I have friends who love and wear Anais Anais, my husband has been through several bottles of Amor Amor pour homme and Tentation and I enjoy Noa for its gentle appeal when others seem 'too much' No less than Christopher Sheldrake commented favourably on Amor Amor in a Basenotes piece with Grant Osbourne. Well that got my heart beating. Amor Amor Absolue was my choice in favour of the original 'classic' (which by the way is Bois de Jasmin's favourite fruity floral) because I'm old and jaded and cynical, but I love pineapple. I love it in Quasar when my husband wears it; it appears like a cartoon balloon thought, above the head or to the side, entirely independent of the rest of the composition. Genius. People, you have two choices (disregard the flankers) Classic or Absolue. My choice was with Absolue because I am older but when Victoria Frolova and Chris Sheldrake are on the same page with the Classic, if I was young, I'd be buying it, Lady Cacharel has a nice ring to it.

Swetess
Swetess

This is a very sweet and feminine scent. I get the fresh fruitiness and warm vanilla straight away and after a while a mild chocolate undertone. I like to wear this when in a girly/flirty mood and often get compliments wearing it. I love when people are like "what is that beautiful scent... oh it's you!" Overall it's a really nice perfume, I only wish it would have better longevity on me.

larita91
larita91

Very sweet and strong perfume. I smell tons of sweet almonds here, vanille and some kind of fresh shower scent, which makes it a little bit weird (I mean the mix of gourmand and clean is weird) but complex.

Reminds me Oriflame's Ultra Glam a lot.

Longetivity is really good and sillage is strong indeed.

I would choose this when I want to be noticed. I think this is a party-scent, becasue it is loud, strong and sweet. My bf does not like these kind of strong sweet scents so I wouldn't consider it as a date-time fragrance, but that recipe is only for me, 'cause lots of guys are into sweet perfumes.

Gegauff
Gegauff

Am I the only one who seriousely smell coconut in this...?

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

What a pretty bottle! And what a promising list of notes along with the wonderful reviews! I just wish the scent would be as good as I imagined it to be.
It's not a bad fragrance per se, but since Absolu is supposedly the "older, more intense sis" of the initial Amor Amor I am a bit disappointed. It may (technically) be stronger and more intense, but for me it lacks two of the most important factors for me - the smell of natural ingredients (sorry for the poor phrasing!), and that "happiness in a bottle" quality. Instead it smells rather synthetic to my nose; and I also detect something quite unexpected and strange - something that smells like a piece of metal. Could be the pineapple or grapefruit, but in all honesty it's not something I appreciate in a scent which should have praline as the major player.

Avoria
Avoria

This one is the stronger, heavier and more long lasting version of the original Amor amor.
And I definitely prefer this one!

After wearing the original for over 8 years, I've become quite disappointed in the fact that it's fading so quickly, at least on me. Absolue is just like an edp version, though it holds some heavier notes (like sandal and dark chocolate) and it really does the trick.

I would really recommend Absolue to a truly Amor Amor-addict!

(Btw - in 2013 this one is still selling and I can see it at most store shelfs so I guess it is here to stay for quite som while at least.)

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Does anybody know if this is a limited edition or an addition to amor amor that will (hopefully) STAY in stores?

Im asking because I really like this intense version but really hate to buy a limited edition, because then, when I fall in love I won't be able to repurchase again.. :(

DarlingDoll7
DarlingDoll7

How can anyone not love this perfume? I'm a really big fan of just the original Amor Amor but I didn't like how it wasn't a perfume but a toilette spray. So, I decided to try this out and I like it better. If you like the original you'll probably this too, they're extremely similar. The difference, I would say, is that Absolu is spicier. It's definitely my signature scent. The longevity isn't as great as I would want, but no perfume is.

Zyanya
Zyanya

I bought this thinking it would be a heavier, more concentrated version of Amor Amor but I turned out to be disappointed. I think its the grapefruit but to me anything grapefruit or peach just smells like B.O. and that is the opposite of what I'm looking for in a perfume. You know when you sweat in a silky or satiny blouse and then you lift your arm and catch a whiff of your deodorant trying its best to conceal your perspiration? Yeah that is what I smell with Amor Amor Absolu. I was hoping for a sweeter "marzipan" like so many of the reviewers mentioned but I just can't stand it for the reasons previously stated.

That being said, anyone interested in buying a barely used 1.7 fl oz bottle of this can PM me. :)

jlashmbarbie
jlashmbarbie

Thought I'd do a comparison, as I now have this as well as the original:

On inital spray:

Original is sharp and sweet, you can smell the citric oranges, very pretty and summery.

Absolu sweet, but more subtle, almonds and vanilla, for me almost a autumn/winter fragrance at this point.

After initial spray:

I noticed the original seemed to be winning in the long-lasting stakes. I double checked with mum and she agreed. The original is also fresher at this point, definitely a plus in my book!

Finally, the dry down of Absolu is very marzipan and has a sharpness to it, I can't work out if I like it- it then fades into quite a pleasant vanillary play-dough like smell, like the pure/hypnotic poisons do! The original always seems to fade to nothing, but I have never found it unpleasant, just a bit disappointingly brief.

All in all I don't think I will be going for Absolu again, as it does not work as well as a summer fragrance. Definitely a buy if you are a gourmond lover looking for a comforting winter fragrance- and of course if you are nutsy about marzipan!

Solvita
Solvita

Finally I have this perfume!Today have bought without testing.Was waiting for something different from original,sweeter with vanilla and praline.But it smells almost identical to original!Just a little stronger and deeper,I like this one better.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Amor Amor Absolu is my new addiction. It starts with a hint of blackcurrants and pineapple, and after a couple of minutes it becomes an amazing, sweet, gourmand perfume, not too strong, not too light...just the perfect amount of sweetness to me..Smells horrible from the bottle, but on my skin it turns into a beautiful gourmand perfume :) In comparison with the original Amor Amor one, this one is WAY better. The longevity is good as well, about 6 hours on my skin.
So glad that I have found another perfume that I will always repurchase.

SheShe
SheShe

Amor Amor Absolu disappointed me. I had high hopes for frangipani and praline, but what I got was mostly praline with black currant.

The fragrance starts with a burst of pineapple and black currant, all in all fruit, quite light but in the next phase it becomes darker to stay something like a dark chocolate praline filled with black currant jelly. It's sweet and sour, but too sour on my skin. I don't like black currant, I mean, OK, it may show up for a moment but a black currant dominating the scent is too much for me. And frangipani shows a little for a short moment.

Absolu doesn't remind me much of Amor Amor, actually I prefer the classic one. Sillage is better than in Amor Amor but the fragrance disappoints me. I can't see "amor" - "love" in this...

mymlan
mymlan

To my surprise, I actually felt quite drawn towards Amor Amor Absolu from the first sniff. Why? Because it has everything I wanted the original Amor Amor to have.

Amor Amor Absolu is eating out alfresco, sharing melting strawberry icecream from the same plate. It is lying down side by side on a blanket in the grass, and looking into that clearblue sky. It is a tickle on someones face with a straw followed by warm deep kisses.

Amor Amor Absolu is sweet and flirtatious, but has strong sensual undertones like Guerlain Insolence edp has. It's a potent, sweet, sultry and sensual scent.

On me it smells like warm sweet strawberries on vanilla and wood. The topotes are more fruity, the basenotes are more woody. The bonestructure is quite week, but still there. I know it sounds strange but I think Amor Amor Absolu smells most wonderful in warm weather. It's like this fragrance comes out stronger and deeper a warm day. Perhaps the warm sun is needed to ripen the fruit. Projection good, longevity very good.

Spicy Sweet
Spicy Sweet

I really like it! It's sensual and spicy. I can't smell pine apple.

raintree
raintree

it's the first Cacharel for me. it's nice though starts with citrus but turns to vanila & powdery;this remind me for Dior Hypnotic actually.

Staying Power is good,I cam smell after finished working.

antonpan
antonpan

A sweeter version of Amor Amor. To my mind this is what the original Amor Amor had to be: a delicate vanilla sweetness suits this scent and makes it sexier and more complex.

jadelove
jadelove

I bought this one blind, and I hoped it would be completely different to the original Amor Amor, like Amor Amor Tentation was. Alas, it wasn't. Similar structure to Amor Amor, and Amor Amor Passion Elixir, but this has a stronger vanilla notes that leads at the base.

Staying power is fairly good, if you like a twist on your Amor Amor, this one is for you.

Anouk0811
Anouk0811

I like the original one, and I find the original one better than this one, this one makes me a bit nauseous.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I got scared. Does it smells like Amor Amor Elixir Passion? I love Amor Amor (the original fragrance), but to me, elixir passion is cat pee in a beautiful bottle.

lucifera

well i tried this and where is the gourmant note? i didn't smelled it?
in fact this is quite similair to the elixir passion! i had hopes that it smelled different but its not,in fact the SA said it was a tad bit softer and more floral..wich i agreed with, really nothing different IMO

vertigo
vertigo

Amor Amor Absolu starts wonderfully!
Really juicy, freshly squeezed blackcurrants and pineaplles mixed together.
De-licious!!
But after a few minutes on my skin it becomes disastrous. I don't get any flowers. Grapefruit blends with sickly sweet warm gourmand notes and makes the scent unbearable for me.

In my taste clear citrus + strong vanilla = tragedy.

But I do think someone may like it.

It does have good sillage, and staying power of about 4 hours.

(Can't compare to the original, don't know that one enough.)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

At first this version is very similar to the original which I love!! Then it turns sweeter and more intense than the original. Haven't tried it on my skin yet so will update!!

lucifera

another amor?! i have the elixir so im very curious if this is even more heavier then the one i have! if that's the case and i like it, its mine!
never thought i'd be addicted to a scent from cacharel!

giokathleen@mail.ru
giokathleen@mail.ru

Очень люблю Амор Амор, просто обожаю! Поэтому эту новинку очень ожидаю!
I love Amor Amor!!!! Oh, Awesome fragrance!

Amor Amor Absolu by Cacharel 3.93 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Amor Amor Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Amor Amor Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amor Amor Absolu by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amor Amor Absolu by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.