Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Anais Anais Cacharel for women
dislike

I have it: 1333 I had it: 2446 I want it: 310 My signature: 27

Anais Anais Cacharel for women Videos
Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures Anais Anais Cacharel for women Pictures

This is the first perfume of Cacharel, which was created in 1978. Anais Anais is a ultra-feminine fresh, rich and romantic bouquet of flowers. Transparent orange blossom with heady hyacinth open the composition. The intensive floral heart blends sweet rose, delicate white lily and magical jasmine. The base is composed of comforting amber, warm sandalwood with a tender touch of misterious incense.
The perfume was created by a team of parfumeurs: Roger Pellegrino, Robert Gonnon, Paul Leger and Raymond Chaillan.

Orange Blossom Lavender Galbanum Honeysuckle Hiacynth Lemon Bergamot Black Currant White Lily

Moroccan Jasmine Honeysuckle Carnation Tuberose iris Lily Pomegranate blossom Orris Root Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Leather Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Incense Cedar

Anais Anais L’Original Eau de Toilette

Anais Anais Fragrance Reviews

Fräulein Schill
Fräulein Schill

When I've been thinking whether to choose this or not, I went through all these "nostalgic" reviews and, knowing how great two other Cacharel perfums are, I finally got Anais. Please say what on earth have you found in it?! The first try brought me back to one of cheap body sprays I used to buy on the open market. They were some unbranded sprays, some been great, some like this Anais. I can't get rid of the terrible after-smell Anais gave me, I can't find anything to say I can be so patriotic about! Smells like heavy, out-of-date (!) perfume. Sorry but this is my opinion, though.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Nostalgic, romantic and very very sensual in my (male) opinion. It reminds me of my childhood, my grandmother's wardrobe smelled of Anais Anais and, of course, L'air du temps (so I smell a lot of fine carnation between other flowers). The only thing that I didn't like is that too many women and young girls in high school wore it in the early 80's. For me it is great thing that a lot of contemporary women think that it is outdated, because now days it becomes a little treasure. Also, I must admit that I'm very lucky to have a vintage bottle full of this luscious and potent perfume.

As a man, I secretly enjoy this perfume on me, I put it on my skin and especially on my beard and right away, in my head Kate Bush starts to sing Wuthering Heights. This is a perfume that Cathy wears, when she became a proper lady, but mad with passion in her heart cries for Heatcliff to come and take her away.

senfully
senfully

I love this scent. A lady I babysat for wore this when I was a kid, and I've never forgotten the scent. It's very soft and powdery to me, but still strong and lasts well. it's the ultimate feminine scent to me. What else can I say? This will always be in my wardrobe. One of 4 perfumes I've had to refill.

happycapybara

My brother's very first girlfriend wore this in high school. We all loved her until she stole his heart and his varsity soccer jacket! Luckily, his big sis (moi) got it back!! Went right to her locker and took it hehehehe... I hadn't thought about this fragrance since then , Until I spotted a beautifully packaged gift set at TJ maxx that I could not resist! We still refer to that heartless vixen as "Anais Anais".. I think my bro bought her a bottle back then.... First love can be so brutal! Anyway, i am currently in the middle of a wonderful love affair with Cacharel and I NEED this for my collection!! Well, the scent... I remembered flowers and powder. I never wore it back in the day, but right now, 2014 - I LOVE it! This fragrance is so lovely, it makes me want to continue breathing it in deeply. It is gorgeous, flowery, creamy with an undertone of spice and wood. It makes me feel feminine and beautiful and romantic. Truly much more that I expected. A lovely, beautifully crafted fragrance . Cacharel and I are on the road to becoming soulmates. <3

Dufteren
Dufteren

It seems that people are going down the memory lane with this beauty, so I will join the club. I was also young when I wore this, and it was my favourite. It is a beautiful floral that I have not worn since I was a teenager. I guess I associate this perfume with youth, so it is funny to see todays generation call it old lady's perfume, maybe I should be glad, cause that means I could return to my old favourite. I guess those of us who were young in the 80's and 90's are the lucky ones, since so many beautiful perfumes were created in that era. This perfume has the appearance of being all so innocent, but is a beauty in disguise, many teenager boys have been seduced by Anias Anais.

sherryberry
sherryberry

@Joe70062, I graduated in 1985 too!! It was a very good year. My mom actually wore Anais Anais when I was in high school. I was very fond of it myself, but it was my mom's fragrance. I wore Estee Lauder Aliage and Estee during my senior year. Great memories!!

peferrarine

A perfect name for this one would be "Flowerbomb". It is indeed a flowerbomb.
White flowers, pink flowers, yellow flowers. As someone said below, every flower known to mankind seems to be in this fragrance.

But it is a GREAT fragrance. Stands out. Screams, actually. Different from every flower fragrance out there, cause is PURE flower. Don't be fooled by some notes (like the incense, or the amber). It's a light fragrance. Not a dark one. But is TOO light. TOO bright. Is not delicate AT ALL. Is like a woman who wants to be seen as delicate. it SCREAMS "i'm delicate".

Gives me the feeling of a vulgar woman. Not in a bad way. Vulgar as in sexy, as in "not bound by patriarchy". The woman who knows her ways in bed and LOVES it. But who keeps it a secret, under a sweet and 'delicate' veil. The phrase "lady in the streets, freak in the sheets" is for that girl.

Not a blind buy. Too sharp. Awesome projection and fixation.

Wouldn't buy it again, though. As much as i love it, is not for me. Doesn't suit me as i wish it would.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

This is pronounced ah-nah-iss, for those who wants to know how to pronounce it :)

joe70062
joe70062

Throwback time! I wore this in high school 1985 senior year!! Along with the Ralph Lauren LAUREN in the purple-ish bottle with the gold cap. Move over Molly Ringwald! Had the bob haircut with mall bangs, Madonna on the radio, the job at "The Limited"! This perfume says it all!

Anais Anais- (never knew how to pronounce it)opens with a big bite, sharp floral with a powder backup. It's not great to wear in the summer. Projection is immediate and recognizable.

elph
elph

This was the perfume my mother purchased for me to wear in my early teens. I suspect she got it to discourage me from buying more boy-friendly scents on my own in the drugstore. It is hyperfeminine, very floral, non-objectionable for a young girl to wear unless you wear too much. You would think it would be more overtly sexual given who it's named after, but it's not. The ylang ylang note was particularly dominant on me. I loved it as a kid. It's more strongly floral than what I usually seek out as an adult.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Reminds me of the early 90's and high school when i knew a lady i thought was very classy and elegant who wore this, so when i wear it now i feel a bit the same way. Unfortunately, this has some sour citrus to it that, when smelled directly on my skin, comes across strongly, and there is not enough sweet to counteract it. What's interesting is that it does not smell sour to others around me, or off of clothing. I still enjoy it for the green powder incense of it, nice combo. Fairly potent but easier to take than other frags, for me. I would rather have too much of this than a candy or fruity super sweet frag. Still recommend even if it is a little dated.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

smells like Sung perfume but smells better than Sung!

Milena Jade
Milena Jade

This was my mother's favourite perfume but I find it overwhelming and a bit too strong. I used to have a very weak perfume which took about 4 sprays so this was a bit new to me.

lila1990
lila1990

I can only wear one squirt of this, it's so strong! It's one of my favorites though and reminds me of my grandma who passed away. Smells wet to me like a rain forest with every flower known to man. Their is a mossy slight decay smell, reminds me of the forest floor.

Merriam
Merriam

I've tried really hard to like, but I just couldn't.
To me, the one and only obvious note that stands out is carnation.
It's a weaker version of Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

This is not for me, it's heavy and overwhelming. I usually adore white flowers but not here, nope just is isn't working for me. It may be body chemistry, my skin amplifies powdery notes to the extreme. II have never tried the old formulation, if I ever run across it I will give it another chance.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Eeeekkk! One spray was like a lighted neon sign flashing: WHITE FLORAL! I can't do it. I'm sorry, Anais Anais. I really wanted to like you. I give total props to anyone who can pull it off.

I purchased the 1 oz. bottle from Marshall's so if anyone would like it, message me.

Quarantine
Quarantine

I have a tiny bottle of this which came in a set of miniatures, and I really don't like it. The bottle gives the impression that its going to be a delicate floral bouquet, which I guess it may be on some people, but to me it smells like a florists that's been closed for a few days and the flowers have started to die. It starts off strong and then turns sour. It may well be a chemistry/age thing, because I can imagine this smelling beautiful on my grandmother or even my mother, but this one really isn't for me.

smellsogood
smellsogood

If you want to revisit the vintage Anais Anais because the reformulation has lost its hidden dark soul, try Agent Provocateur Petale Noir. You only have to follow the timeline of its marketing to see the changes. The earlier pictures show innocence with an underlying darkness to them. Later advertising is all a bit squeaky clean. Anais Anais originally had a noticeable incense and leather trail to it, subtly alluded to in the artwork used, which seems absent from the current formulation.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

At first sniff, Anaïs Anaïs EDP is a very green floral, mainly featuring hyacinth and galbanum, which makes me feel a bit cold and distant with the scent. However, as time wears on, lily and other white flowers softens the green edge, making the scent sweeter, and more approachable. Anaïs Anaïs remains powdery, even a little soapy with the everlasting green undertone. There are so many notes in the pyramid that I can hardly pick out, but there are definitely different nuances to the powdery green floral scent, sometimes a bit naughty with indolic aspects, sometimes tranquil with aromatic aspects.

The sillage of Anaïs Anaïs EDP is moderate and the longevity is almost 12 hours. It has a retro vibe, yet I don't find it dated. An innocent and demure powdery green floral scent that definitely worths a sniff.

SabrinaBD

I like it in the bottle, but it turns sharp and synthetic on me. I think the current formulation develops more sharply than the original. Flowers and powder dried down to Lemon Pledge and air freshiner.

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

I have a silver-capped mini from the original Anais Anais which I got from my grandma when I was in my early teens. I didn't like it back then, it was too overpowering, mature and heavy for me.

Now that I'm older I realized that it has a lot of notes that I usually dislike. I still decided to give it another try today. Any type of lilies and hyacinth give me headaches and make me sneeze, and Anais Anais has a lot of lilies and the hyacinth is very overpowering on me as well. No wonder I hate everything about it.
It smells absolutely amazing when in the bottle though. Very subtle with just a tinge of sweetness. If only it would smell like that on my skin.

Once I put it on I get an extremely sharp floral consisting of hyacinth and all the different lilies in this. I literally smell like I have been rolling through a mountain of these flowers. I really want to like this, but I'm afraid I can't. It's just too strong. I will give it another try and put it on my clothes and see how the scent will behave then, but I can't wear it myself.

edit:I tried wearing this on my clothes, but it still gives me headaches. I now put some drops of this on my bed linnen every morning. By the time I return to bed in the evening it will have died down to a much more pleasant smell that similar to smelling it in the bottle. I still don't love it, but it doesn't irritate me anymore and it smells quite clean yet romantic.

Antares811
Antares811

This beautiful floral scent is one of my mother's signatures. It's a classic, very feminine and sophisticated. I love it.

Marie76
Marie76

I am wearing this for the first time since I was 15. Back then, I had a half finished bottle from a friend. I found it too cloying and sweet, too mainstream and associated with being a good good girl. I preferred greener, more unisex scents, and almost never wore it. Now I am a bit more open minded and able to appreciate it for what it is, I think. It's sweet, very sweet but not sharp, white, creamy, I get a lot of tuberose, lily, muguet,perhaps jasmine, but there's something, musk? Leather? No idea, but something that makes this innocent and sweet bunch a bit sad, a bit abandonned, these are not glorious flowers in a lush garden, this is a bouquet tied with lace, as a small reminder or consolation for what that girl deserves: exuberant, free flowers, but she's not getting that, she's getting a timid first taste of it, I love Anais, but it makes me crave Fracas, or Shalimar, or something confident and a bit in your face...good for cosy days curled in the sofa.

thatsperf
thatsperf

This was the first perfume I have ever owned. The main attraction was the sensual advertisement for the perfume when I was growing up in the late 80s and early 90s. Anais Anais came with a beautiful ivory white bottle with a silver cap back then, I wanted to covet it even as a small child.
What I thought of the perfume? Loved it when I was a teenager, could not stand it today as the floral notes were sharp and strong and it turned sour on me after a couple of hours. I haven't had a lot of luck with Cacharel fragrances which is a pity because they are as cheap as chips where I live.

halalula1234
halalula1234

My grandma's signature scent
she has 4-5 bottles completely finished!
very feminine and mature
great strong scent

Izumee
Izumee

I call this a good girl scent. I imagine a female with nice attitude and nice words always coming out from her mouth, live in a countryside, drink tea in the afternoon, walk around the lakeside with her beau. Beautiful in a traditional manner. Almost to the point of being old-fashioned. But its still good. :)

number9
number9

I smelled this for the first time today. It made me think of a bathroom. The smell of an old bathroom that was cleaned ages ago and not used since,with the scent of cheap hotel soap scenting the air. Not what I was expecting at all.

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

it is a lovely fragrance. subtle, soothing.I find it doesn't last on my particular skin type for whatever reason.

almarie
almarie

Funny story: I used to work at Macy's and a customer came up to us at the fragrance counter and asked the Selling Assistance and myself if we carried the perfume called, "Anus Anus", and we all just were dead quiet because we could not believe what we had just heard! I had to step aside and laugh like there was no tomorrow! I think she meant, Anis Anis", but was obviously confused as to how to say the real name, LOL!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

This testimony comes from my personal experience with this fragrance and I feel the story should be told, how this beloved perfume open the doors for me , both the transcending and the forbidden.

Once upon a time in the 90's, this became my signature day perfume when I was a teen, I remember the advertisements that was so feminine and elegant ,seeing 2 female models that one was brunette and another a natural redhead that seem so sensual looking and intimate and the fragrance bottle was a white dome shape with a strange flower ,I had to go try it, I felt it was calling my name and I obeyed its mysterious invite call. Luckly it seem it was destined since at that time when I was a young teen maybe 14 or 15 ?, my sister worked in a perfume boutique where I got to sample vast amounts of perfumes and Anais Anais was there, like a swan among the many fancy bottles of designer perfume lake, its white body shine and capturing my eyes and I asked my sister permission to try it and she was reluctant since her lady manager used to drench herself in Anais Anais and was already giving me resistance to not sample it, I said "just once let me try it, just because it smells rotten on her doesn't mean it will be the same, plus the restrooms are close ,I can wash it off if turns foul on me", with that simple logic she said fine and stuck her hand among the many bottles and pulled her out to me , I wasn't expecting to be heavy the bottle ,felt like I was carrying a marble bottle , I remember my sister became busy with some clients and I sampled it in the air and I was captivated by its floral elegance that's vivid and inviting me senses to try it more, so I took a spritz on my wrist and we became in love.

My sister told me the mini biography of the perfume that the designer was inspired by our favorite female writer Anais Nin and to both our surprise, my sister changed her preconceptions of Anais Anais that smelled very lovely and serene on me, not a loud obnoxious floral bouquet that needed to be thrown away as it did on her lady manager, me I don't blame her, it solved the mystery why she had a headache like presence , but she was a bitter lady ,so I guess her chemistry made this lovely perfume rancid but thankfully not on mine, even though this was a female perfume, I had to have her even if I was just a boy then and I openly told my mother about it and she was very cool about it and she said her ex boyfriend used to wear it, so she found it uncanny but she knows its a lovely fragrance so ,she bought it for me a lot of time then until I was able to purchase it myself with my allowance and my first pay checks of work and was always a delight to receive Anais Anais as gift by my mom ,from parfum, lotion and even a white rain coat that said Cacharel.

Now your must be saying, ok but how this open doors ?
well, it open the first door of having signature female perfume and open coming out to my mother and sister about my two spirit nature and having Anais Anais as my totem to show it's beautiful ,elegant and serene with air of respect, since Anais Anais is quite the "Young Lady" and isn't a riff raff type. I worn this perfume in many social gatherings, took this on strolls through the city,
beaches, school and libraries, day or night this perfume gives off a soothing captivating fragrance that people started to take notice of me, this perfume helped me to become aware of my surrounding's, my way I move, speak and everything else ,it was there to build the beautiful persona both physically and spiritual , so it open that door of refinement and beauty, so I turned from plane /ugly duckling to the powerful swan of grace and beauty to my psyche and in the eyes of others.

But there was also another side to this transcending process and new discoveries, there was also the awakening of the erotic and sensuality where it open those forbidden doors and seeing the notes here on fragrantica, it all makes perfect sense why people saw me as that "sweet angel, a soul from God and pampered prince, the bright student and when I played up my androgynous energies and features as I let my hair grow and wear sheer natural looking make up, I was called the beautiful he she or the sweet girl or elegant Madame" and mixing my energies and energies of the the powerful unique flowers,herbs and woods but also the leather that made it have a serene elegant floral swan that beneath the swans black feet under the waters of the lake and brush hides a creature based with leathery and musky spirit that gives it a animal magnetism in a form a humanoid creature. The nymph. bywhich that provocative spirit that been seeded in the fragrance Anais Anais and now in me too, one that awakens erotic desires in the hearts of strangers ,friends and certain people I cannot bare to write here since this perfume created a twilight conscious erotic Nymphet in me and I was beginning to enjoy erotic attentions even though they made me also nervous ,confused ,curiously delighted ,scared and sick when they tried to seduce me with words and gestures of vulgarity, to become their forbidden lover by which to me was a disgrace to my virtues and like wild swan seeing approaching beast of men and women, I had to flee ,take to the sky and leave them earthbound and blue and be label delighting tender teaser that doesn't know what they're missing.

But this nymphet that was born into me, as I grew older this spirit grew more hungry and wild for passion, wanting to open the door of the sensual world, even as a experiment even though my swan side wanted romance and tenderness but the beguiling nymph won and open the forbidden door and I followed her and explored together, leaving the swan back at her elegant romantic lake.
Anais Anais is my charm to attract people to me and to captivate them, my first kiss with someone who I did not love nor liked ,Anais Anais was there present on me and like other's before wanted more of my company but I always escaped their before they tried pulling tricks or become a bad situation but they always love the scent on me , and as I swan I flew away before I become someone's erotic dinner, It showed me how to find the way out when the things got steamy and dangerous in the labyrinth of love and lust ,made me feel like that character of Sara in the party scene of Labyrinth, good thing I came out clean and alive but forever changed since I open those forbidden doors.

In this aspect of Anais Anais is very erotic and irresistible on me and I like it, but I learned the perfume has charm not only for earthly fun but also this perfume as I grew older always was a good luck charm that whenever I worn this to job interviews ,bosses always hired me on the spot, even If I worn pajamas' in the interview, the fragrance made them forget and just focused on my virtues and a charm .

I don't have no bad experience with Anais Anais, and she will always be my signature day fragrance no matter how old I become, and everyone saying its a "old lady" fragrance, well I don't think the people who were erotically charged by the fragrance were thinking of grandma when they were with me, hehe *blushes* but like art to each their own interpretation, right?. *winks*

This perfume is like the music of Tchaikovsky, bold, refine ,soft, complex and beautiful. And has that timeless feminine scent that has a lot of character that belongs to fine lady, young or mature and dreams and desires pleasures of romance ,passion and to be reborn but always a woman that is ultra feminine , this isn't a one size fits all type of perfume, you have to have a certain something about you and your chemistry to have a compatible marriage between this fragrance spirit and yours and Im blessed to be one of them.

Viva Anais Anais and the house of Cacharel !

chuetta
chuetta

smells like "clean", idk, like soap combined with a few flowers. I like it to spray in the bathroom or such, just not for my skin, too light.

Sherihan
Sherihan

The recent formula is a headache. If you were a fan of it, you will be disappointed now, save your money.

sadfuq
sadfuq

This is what my mother always wore, I love it so much. I don't feel like I am able to pull this off, simply because this is 'her' scent. So feminine, floral and powdery just wow. <3

Clws
Clws

My mother in law gave me her mini bottle from the late seventies or early eighties, it is amazing. I like it all the way through, but the dry down is quite spectacular on my skin. TJ Maxx had a bottle so I purchased, thinking that it couldn't be that different. Well it can. I returned the bottle and I'm going to enjoy every last drop of the original mini.

Upstart101
Upstart101

I have fond memories of this, my mum got one given to her but didn't like it and let me wear it instead. In the 90's this was perfect for a precocious 9 year old who wanted to feel all grown up (I only got one spray). Honestly all I remember is soapy, talcum like white florals completely light, inoffensive and pretty. I go back to it now and it smells nothing like it used to but still warm fuzzy feeling all round

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It used to be just amazing in the mid-eighties but later they must have changed the formula, unforunately not positively. And the change was apparently forever...:'(

I can remember this fragrance very well, cause I just started my perfume adventure in the 90's (when perfume in my country cost like maybe third of average salary!) and I was totally shocked that something can smell very well on paper and be totally incompatible with my skin. On me, it was just... awful. And I so much liked this bottle!

teebee
teebee

I wear this scent but really didn't like it much in the 90's. I think it must have been because everyone was wearing it and it felt like "everyone else's scent" and not mine. it was too florally for me back then too but now I love to wear it in spring and summer, it makes me feel good. maybe it brings back memories of my teenage and young adult years. I wear it so often that it is almost a signature scent, for the warmer months. it is a very sweet scent, lots of florals and fresh too. even though a lot of younger girls and women wear or used to wear it, I think you need a somewhat confident and sophisticated air to pull it off.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

For whatever reason this one never grew on me as the notes always seemed disjointed and it seemed like an insecure young woman searching for her true personality. Can't exlplain it any better than that.

Edee
Edee

I still have half a bottle of the orginal (over 25 years old). I enjoyed it when i first came out but got tired of smellling it on everyone. So I stored it away and forgot about it.

katuliena
katuliena

this perfume gave me my boyfriend, and it was a biiiig disapointment. So strong, soapy, powdery smell. I couldnt stand it, gave it to my mother

rttoronto
rttoronto

One of the very worst reformulation attrocities out there. The original is masterpiece. The reformulation has turned Anais Anais into a masculine.

bindeebel
bindeebel

I want to like it, but can't. It's sickly weird smell. Powdery weird floral bouquet. Strong and granny like , weird top notes I just can't identify??????

fiouu
fiouu

I'm sure when I was younger and this frag didn't had that stupid deodorant valve, it somehow smelt better.
I remember my mom had this in a white glass bottle with the sticker or whatever it was, and the cap was silvery. I remember that when she was getting ready for a date with my dad I would sneak into her bedroom and ask her to dab this frag on me... She actually didn't really liked Anais Anais, a student gave it to her for her birthday. To this day she still hates this frag, I just wish it wasn't THAT powdery so I could recall how this really used to smell

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I cant believe that 'powder" isn't listed...its the most prominent note in this for sure. Light/white florals and talcum powder is how id describe this.
Odd thing is, on my skin Chanels Allure smells just like this after it dries down for a few hours, so does Allure smell like this or does this smell like Allure? Not sure but on me, they smell very similar.

sunshine3215
sunshine3215

This was the first fragrance I remember smelling. I was either junior high or maybe the 6th grade and the girl who sat next to me wore it. I asked her what is was...and that is when I found this scent. I have not always worn it but it is a nice scent. I have it now and it is one of my staples.

mariapapaya
mariapapaya

The perfume reminds me of my youth and I love it! It was my second perfume. The first one was CHLOE (the original one, 25 years ago)! I was 15! Love it, love it, love it but don't wear it that often!

Catty
Catty

I loovveeee!!!!
This is classic, lady-like, elegant, fresh Bouquet.
Perfect for the day (work or free time).

I used it when I was 20 and now in my 40s.

When I spray that on the early morning to work, I feel myself fresh and involved by a very refined floral Bouquet.

This is really a Keeper!

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

it smells like Soap and nothing else why not buy a soap instead?

jociebelle
jociebelle

This is one of my favorite florals. It's not too sugary-saccharine, not fruity, and there's that absolutely necessary hint of spice/incense. It's a little mysterious and ambiguous and reminds me of a femme fatale who has succeeded in seeming innocent.

deeanna
deeanna

Sorry, for me it smells like cheap headachely white soap. So retro too.

whaea
whaea

A memory perfume from my teenage years... everyone was wearing it! To me, this smells exactly like Christmas in the southern hemisphere. Christmas trees and big white scented Christmas lillies. Smelling it bring on the excitement of Christmas holidays in the sun.

AdrianB
AdrianB

One day when I was about 15, I was at the store with my mom. As usual I was browsing perfumes when I sniffed this beautiful, flowery, spicy fragrance that took my breath away. I wanted this perfume so much, but knew my mom would never buy it for me. We had a large family & my father was very ill; there was no money for perfumes. Even most of my babysitting earnings went to household expenses. So I left it behind and tried to forget it.

And I almost did. I forgot the name & I forgot what the bottle looked like. But I never ever forgot that gorgeous scent.

After many years I discovered Fragrantica, and started browsing perfumes & learning notes. And "Anais Anais" caught my attention. It looked familiar. Could this be my long lost scent? I couldn't find a tester in the stores for anything, and it was a little pricey to blind buy.

But then I was offered a mini in a swap. And the day the package arrived, I eagerly opened Anais Anais...and there it was. That sweet, spicy floral beauty that haunted me for 26 years. Finally, it was mine. And it was every bit as stunning as I remembered.

I dabbed it on my wrists & my neck. My husband came up behind me, wrapped me in his arms, and inhaled my scent. He whispered that I smelled beautiful, and at that moment, I was the most beautiful woman in the world. This warm, spicy, flowery creation transformed this 40something wife & mom into a vibrant young girl again, who only wanted to smell pretty for herself & the one she loved.

Anais Anais is my Holy Grail floral.

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

The original Anais Anais was the best fragrance i've ever smelt in my childhood. It was so delicate, sweet, loud but graceful. Again and again as it happens to all beautiful old perfumes, the intensive precious formula has been changed and it turned to an ordinary scent.
İ do not get it. Why do they ruin everything unique!

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

what a nice perfume to wear , very floral and that is exactly what i like... i feel like I'm a miss flowers lady :)....love it

Affaf
Affaf

My father bought this for my mother...she didnt like it and gave it to me...i have used it few times...its powdery and soapy but kind of pleasant as well ....

Scout
Scout

This was my "everyday" scent in high school and college. Ralph Lauren "Lauren" was my special occasion fragrance. The spice/animalic/carnation vibe at the base of this kept it grounded enough to my skin so that it didn't project into overdone flowerville.
Yet it still was romantic. I can remember spritzing my love letters to a boyfriend who had gone away to college with it. And the first thing he would do when we reunited was to hug me, bury his face in my neck, and take a deep inhale. :)

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

i love this scent - white lilys, white flowers - goooorgeous!

I received this fragrance as a Christmas gift, a couple of years ago. I was really excited because it is a classic perfume. But after the first spritz, I could only smell tons of flowers. I even tried to wear it a couple of times, but it was really suffocating. I gave the bottle to a beloved Aunt and she loved it.

Eu recebi essa fragrância como presente de Natal, há alguns anos. Eu fiquei bastante animada porque é um perfume clássico. Mas após a primeira borrifada, eu senti apenas o cheiro de toneladas de flores. Eu até tentei usá-lo algumas vezes, mas era muito sufocante. Eu dei o frasco para uma tia querida e ela amou.

ed
ed

Not sure why Anais Anais has so many negative reviews. I can fully understand that many women, especially young women, might feel that it doesn't suit them... but it is a lovely fragrance.

LadyKath
LadyKath

I don't like flowery perfumes - they do not suit my stile ... but this!! The incense and the sandalwood make it! It is my most feminine scent and wearing this in the summer makes med feel mystic and sexy even on a sunny day! A fragrance I refuse to be without! Lovely!!

acidrain
acidrain

Mom she is 48 wor it when she was at intermediate school

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I recently revisited Anaïs Anaïs, this timeless masterpiece floral, expecting a trip down memory lane since this was one of my favourite scents in my late teens and early twenties, and at that time I didn’t have that many fragrances. I cherished my bottle of Anaïs Anaïs, loved it from the bottom of my heart.

Instead of being swept away in a stream of memories from my youth I got confused since something wasn’t right. I got puzzled by a sharp note that shouldn't have been there according to my nose. I of course know that many classic fragrances have been reformulated but had somehow hoped that my beloved Anaïs Anaïs would have retained its character. Unfortunately this was not the case. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sharp note faded and was more or less completely gone within an hour and then I was able to recognize the Anaïs Anaïs that I once loved and adored.

Anaïs Anaïs remains a masterpiece also in the current version in my opinion. It exuberates quality and elegance. It’s a mesmerizing blend of fresh flowers. The base notes are very subtle, not allowed to take over the scene, just serving as a background for the dominant bouquet of flowers. Anaïs Anaïs is timeless, ageless, the essence of femininity and grace. I’m forever in love with Anaïs Anaïs.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

As far as I'm concerned, less is more. Too much 'white floral' for me. Almost suffocating, and it really makes me wonder how people wear this perfume. I suppose it depends on taste, but I don't know anyone who likes this perfume. It's just... too much.

Decodawn

Beautiful, green, white flowers, very romantic fragrance very popular in the late 70's and 80's now having a revival.

Jola 72
Jola 72

I used to have it ,now I decided to try it again Found a 20ml edt Anais Anais Jellies special edt ,I am so curios if this one is same divine as it was ...

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Love it. You must like lily though. Girly and green and fresh with longevity smells the same through dry down. It's sweet and young, I like to wear when I'm wearing black. Oooo the drama.

kirinie
kirinie

I had a chance to give this a try and decided to test it out since I am trying to experience more florals. I got a lot of powder on the initial spray, which I didn't like. Powdery florals just aren't my thing as far as I can tell. After the powder faded I was hopeful, but unfortunately it is giving me a headache. I am trying to keep it on until the base notes come out, but I may have to wash it off before then.

If you're not sensitive to whatever it is that is giving me a headache, you like big/loud florals, and you aren't averse to wearing powdery/talc scents like I am, this will probably give you quite a bang for the buck.

ETA: The headache eventually faded and I was able to keep this on. I thought I'd like the base a lot, but it was so-so for me. It is the next morning and now my wrist smells like I just washed it with a bar of Dove soap.

sotto_voce
sotto_voce

I have what looks to be a vintage mini bottle of the eau de parfum. My mother used the eau de toilette when I was a child, and she still adores this fragrance. My nose prefers soft, rounded scents that don't have a "bite", and Anais Anais fits in that category oh so well. It is a delicate yet heady floral blend that turns slightly powdery on my skin. Sweet, lush, evokes pastel blossoms and sunshine. An utterly feminine fragrance, perfect for late spring into summer; I'd wear this with diaphanous 70's pastel gowns full of ruffles and lace. I intended to give this to my mom as a gift, but I'm not sure if I can give it up!! It's delicious!

SabrinaBD

This was my first perfume. (Unless you count the Delicate Daisies Cologne from Avon in the Mouse Bride bottle). I used to love it and wear it all the time.

Picked up a bottle out of nostalgia for my childhood.

Well, either the formula has changed, or my skin has changed or both. Because, the lovely powdery flowers in the bottle are not so lovely once they mix with my skin.

The "insect repellant" comments above are unfortunately ringing true for me too. Somehow, the light powdery flowers become heavy and acidic on my skin. The sweetness drops out and only the powder and the strange smell are left :(

How I wish it smelled on me like it does in the bottle, but it doesn't. So now I'm using it as a linen spray.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

Anais Anais has been in my perfume wardrobe since forever. I am an older lady now but I believe this perfume is one that can be worn all year round and by all ages. It is a soft, flowery, talc kind of smell which I like. Very inexpensive and easy to buy. If you like soft, flowery, feminine perfumes then please try it, you will not be disappointed.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Anais Anais is such a light, sweet little fragrance. I wore this in middle/high school. A wonderful perfume for young girls. I have such happy memories while wearing this!

MsDana
MsDana

I loved this amazing scent when I was younger, I wore it my senior year in high school in (1999), it was my signature scent & it suited me very well then. I stopped wearing it after graduation & started experimenting with other scents, but I always planned on returning to it again, but after retrying it years later I found It is not as amazing as it used to be on me. I think it is my body chemistry that has changed rather than the fault of the perfume though. When I was a teen the leather note really worked on me, but now not so much. So it's me, not you beautiful Anais.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

When I saw an ad in a ladies' magazine in the late 1970s, pretty much as soon as this fragrance came out, I went out and bought a bottle, without even trying it first. I just "knew" that Anais Anais was my scent, my signature, a calling card from my soul. It fit like a glove. I wore only Anais Anais---no other fragrances, other than a brief flirtation with Fendi (which is another story) on my dresser, until around 2005, when it disappeared from stores. No one seemed to have an explanation for this. I had considered that to be "my" fragrance; it had accompanied me through college and into professional life and personal life filled with ups and downs, and now I was lost. So to fill the void (which continues today) I became a fragrance whore...having at least 5 to 6 botles of lovely fragrances on my dresser, wearing what I feel like on any given day; they are all beautiful fine fragrances, but none of them grab me by the heart, like Anais Anais did. Anais Anais reappeared a few years ago and I was told the formula was "modernized". I spritzed some on, and walked around the mall for a while. Not the same. Something has been taken out, I'm sorry my nose is not refined enough to distinguish exactly what, but I think it has to do with the base notes, something that made the scent unique and unforgettable; it is gone now, and what remains is an alcohol-like mush of white flower porridge. Why did Cacharel have to mess with it?! My husband bought me a bottle of Pleasures and said, "Don't worry, we'll find you something new; you don't want to smell like you're in 1980 anymore"...I know he was trying to console me, but it isn't as simple as that. Anais Anais was the reflection of my soul, and a perfume like that, for a woman, comes along once in a lifetime and can't be replaced. I actually have a bottle, unopened, that I bought at Sephora a few years before it was pulled from stores, before it was revamped. It is in a cool, dark, dry drawer, waiting for me to open it. I haven't had the guts to do so yet, but I probably should.

Kim1980
Kim1980

My aunt wore it and I was always completely in love with this fragance. Flowery, but so warm in the meanwhile. Just loved it! When I was old enough I bought myself a bottle....and...I was so dissapointed. On my skin it smells like faded flowers. It just doesn't match with my type of skin.

LordD

I’ve been testing Anaïs Anaïs for 7 or 8 months, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it has (on me, at least) three different aspects.

When I first tried it, it made think of a cute old lady powdering her face with a big fluffy puff in a room full of vases with freshly cut flowers. That’s the first aspect, and the one that made me want to get a bottle.

I got a sample, and after using it for a while, I discovered the second aspect, which is like the first one but gone...wrong. The old lady was creepy and dirty, the room dusty, the flowers decayed and releasing a very indolic fragrance. This made me actually purchase a bottle.

The bottle arrived, and when the sample ran out, I used it. Alas, the third aspect jumped at my face, slapped me and laughed its fly-spray butt off. It smelled just like floral insecticide. I couldn't stand it. Believing the perfume was spoiled, I returned it and got a refund.

For a couple of months I kept testing Anaïs Anaïs every time I entered a perfume shop, and every time I got the bug spray stench. I decided to not smell it for some time. Two months later, I got another sample from Sephora, and aspect 1 received me with open arms. I get the bug spray smell from time to time, but mostly I get the clean and powdery one. I really want to buy a bottle, but I don’t dare...

Update: I dared. I got a bottle off ebay, and I'm so happy!

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

My mother's signature scent. Always a bit too powdery for me.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Many white florals disagree with me, but the pretty box and lovely listed notes sucked me in...when given the opportunity to test this, I snapped it up.

It is a 70's white floral. Maybe that's enough to say. It is complex, a touch powdery, and with plenty of lily, carnation and a bit of hyacinth. It reminds me of Jacamo Silences but with much less of a galbanum note. Where Silences was really cool, damp and floral, like early daybreak; Anais is warmer and brighter, more like midmorning in the same flower garden after the dew has been burnt off by the sun.

I had a hard time distinguishing the various notes; and while it did seem to develope, it was not in distinct phases (maybe just characteristic of that era). By the end, I did sense just the faintest of that "urine" note florals sometimes have; is it the carnation? It's not terrible, but it is there. L Air du Temps did the same thing on my skin, for that it was in the earlier notes. Anais Anais is similar to L Air du Temps, to my nose anyway; fans of one would probably enjoy the other.

Projection was modest on my skin (in very hot weather), and longevity about 5 hours. I'm glad I got to try it, but it is not my cup of tea.

Tovah
Tovah

When I was a teenager this was a sort of "prestige" scent...one that was likely received as a gift from a relative willing to spend big bucks on you, because you could never afford to buy it. Some relative did buy a version of it for me (a dry oil spray or something like that?) and I distinctly remember wearing that fragrance the first time I read Wuthering Heights. From what I recall, the "dry oil" I had smelled hardly at all like the edp, which someone had sprung-for for my sister. I always thought Anais Anais was beautiful, ethereal, and incredible. It was very very "sweet" and "pink" and "innocent". Lily of the Valley has a foggy, mysterious quality for me. In spite of my Bronte adoration and love of perfumes, I was always basically what was called a "Tom-boy", and I always felt as uncomfortable in Anais Anais as a cat in a taffeta ball gown.

I clearly recall the days when I had students who considered this to be a "little girl" scent, or "for 12 year olds", so it's truly amusing to read the "old lady" commentary. The day is soon to come when we read the review that claims Justin Bieber Someday smells like a Granny, haha.

Ironically, both my mother-in-law and my mother ADORE Anais Anais and they both wear it quite often. I assume it's readily (and cheaply) available at Lohmann's or the like, which is why it has been re-discovered by the generations that were "too old" for it when it was launched. When my kids say Anais Anais smells like their Grandmothers, they are being quite literal; not insulting. My mother gets stopped all the time by strangers who compliment her perfume. (These older perfumes still have the kind of sillage that takes them from golf cart to golf cart...)

biki

Saw it only on a strip in a sephora store. Knowing that i would not be able to afford to buy it i did not ask more than a strip that they had offered. A giant,true-to life,intense bouquet that captivates you not with an exotic feel but by being almost absurdly rich and potent. It sways around voluptuously and sensationally in an immense cloud,no notes seem to be in a shadow,no notes are useless or out of place. It is immpossible to go unnoticed wearing this one. I wonder what my skin would say to this perfume.

biki

Saw it only on a strip in a sephora store. Knowing in advance that i could not afford to buy it i did not ask for more than a strip that they offe

sky74
sky74

I had this perfume and I never cared for it, but my boyfriend at the time really really, and I mean REALLY loved it on me. I guess it's very appealing to men.

feelhot
feelhot

It's pure lovely Magnolia. Was created for young girls, so that's nobody's fault your grannie was wearing it. Therefore it is not good for you?Nonsense! It is lovely and nice-good for any young girl in a little, little bit on skin. Similar like Magnolia by Yves Rocher:)
It is shame many young girls doesn't know it but using stinky celebrities just for money made fragrances which are rubbish and make you sick on the stomach.
Another Cacharel with bit of character is Lou Lou -very peppery and strong-only for sophisticated noses, who knows fragrances, so I was very surprised and happy on the other hand I met a girl in London who actually knows and LIKES Lou Lou :)
Some classics are great-another my love is
Chevrefeuille Yves Rocher for women -very rare-but at least you can find Chevrefeuille/Honeysuckle EDC from Yves Rocher now -great for summer days:)

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

ah to remind one of the glorious 80's! this perfume embodies that nostalgic era! I used to loved using this every single day and I was young and had just started to earn my own pay check that time when it was so popular.. today, its a reminder to me of my youth & though I had used plenty of this, my affection for this scent is still vivid but the scent might not "jive" with me at my present age anymore. But I still consider this as a "CLASSIC" floral that never goes out of style. One of the finest from France if I may say so. I think I still have half of a bottle left, might spritz some on for a trip down memory lane! :)

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

One of my first serious perfumes, circa early 80s. That and Poison......I found it powdery then and still do. I lost my vintage bottle during a move, I think it got thrown away along with my Poison. I think wearable by many today, but it reminds me too much of old boyfriends so I won't be replacing my bottle. I think it a good fragrance, was strong but not as overwhelming as many 80s perfumes.

stacia79
stacia79

Wearing this made me feel like a Victorian girl getting up early and washing her face and hands with a creamy white soap, then slipping into a lace trimmed cotton chemise that had been dried in the sunshine and fresh air. It wasn't "perfumey", more like warm clean skin. All of the florals are quiet and at the end of the day, the cedar and moss notes are what remained on my skin , like the nicest smelling sweat anyone ever had.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I remember this as being one of my mom's go 2 perfumes all throughout my childhood. I even bought it for her a few years ago for nastaligia's sake. It's truly a classic French flower bouquet perfume and on her it smells very classy, just beautiful.... on me... more like a week old whiled flower stinker. And it comes as no surprise to me - she has very dry skin and this always dampens perfumes and she can pull off wearing some dizzying ones... while my skin is oily and thus throws the perfume in the opposite spectrum. We have worn the same perfume for an outing and it smelled like 2 completely different things. A shame really because when i browse a perfume shop i find myself drawn to her favorite labels and whenever i catch a whiff from the bottle or spray it on paper it always makes me smile and i remember the good old days, but as soon as i spray it on my skin... i get the stinker version of what ever is in that bottle.

Oh well...i'll give it a try in a few more years... who knows!? =)

mereltje
mereltje

I had this in my teens, was my first perfume. I loved it a lot. I still love it, it's so fresh, clean and flowerish. It makes me young again when I smell it!

peferrarine

It's a strong floral scent. There's no sweetness, just floral. Like you're entering a garden. I like it, but i think it's too classic. It also reminds me of my grandma (cause she used to wear it). It's very good, but not for me.

Foxie
Foxie

Old-school and not something I would wear on a daily basis. However, I do believe it is a classic that has a place in nearly any perfume collection. On the occasion where this works for me, I feel delicate and ladylike.

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

I have worn this off and on ..for decades ! Could it be more than 4 ? I think it is.

Lilies and orange blossoms ...lemony, but more importantly it brings out the hippy in me that I was in the 70's and that is still a part of who I am.

It has always made me feel fresh, free and intoxicating.

Can't really be without it.

megenz
megenz

Anais Anais is one of those girls who, no matter how hard I try, does NOT want to be my friend.

I’ve admired her on others; she smells like an expensive bouquet, a fragrance for well presented, classy women who don’t bow down to short-lived fragrant fads or stray too far away from their signature.

I don’t know how many times I’ve tried her on my wrist in the hopes that my body chemistry reacts to her differently and I’d be able to join these immaculately presented women with their classy, timeless, floral, French scent but all I get, without a word of embellishment, is FLY SPRAY! Sadly, I’ve found this with Cacharel fragrances.

Maybe one day, Anais Anais might follow Lou Lou’s lead and forgive me for whatever it was I did and start wanting to hang out with me.

littlehan03
littlehan03

Its a perfect scent for spring. and whenever I wear it
bees come around me. my friends once told me I smell like his mom.....
CLASSIC!

gangel04
gangel04

I was exposed to this when I was younger when I'd oggle my mom's perfume collection and ocassionally test out her products (with her full knowledge and permission of course...). This was a little too strong and powdery for my liking. It was one of those perfumes that would overwhelm my olfactory system and send me into a sneezing/runny nose fit. This didn't stop me from trying it again and again since it smelled lovely on my mother, and I was convinced at my young age that it would eventually work for me. Unfortunately this perfume is just too heavy/floral/powdery for my skin.

Fonna
Fonna

What can I say.
I love it.
I always loved this fragrance.

Initially an alcohol blast but then
..... strong hyacinth and lemony lily, then lemony orange blossoms come through then a lemony rose settling on a rosey green note with a distant water note that seems to float in the prior citrus scents, blending this perfume into a moving well blended masterpiece.

You are a lady in a coach riding to the market. You step out to check out the bizarre which has fragrant lemons and oranges as their specials today. The fresh scent is uplifting. A breeze comes by wafting the scent of hyacinths and lilly of the valley from a nearby florist. You quickly take notice as it blends into air. You walk over.
You settle upon a beautiful bouquet of roses and purchase it, all the while still enjoying the citrusy scent in the air and other florals. Back into your coach, you tell your driver to go, and through the forest woods you go enjoying the towering trees smelling your roses...and what is this? A hyancinth and lilly in the mix??
What a surprise!!
Following alongside the river of fresh water, you know where they have gathered such wonderful fruits for the fair. Because there it is. In the sunshine a bout 50 feet away starts a lemon and orange grove that goes on forever and over the hills and into the mist.....or about 6 hours worth .... :)

Funny that it has carnation listed here, as I do not detect it.
But it probably IS there because I'm a sucker for carnation.

All in all this is a unique fresh uplifting scent.

magickmaven
magickmaven

One of few scents that can last hours on me. I got a little over four on this grand lady prior to re-application.

I LOVE this! Body Chemistry knows no trend or decade.
Reasonable price white floral with a delicious base dry down of sweet amber, leathery, woodsy, powdery goodness. Very light on that leather though, at least for me.

The top notes come out with a flamboyant lily and greenish galbanum that combined with the other florals gave me the effect of a very primly dressed sex pot.

I find myself wondering if the fragrance was named after the writer Anais Nin who passed away about a year before the perfume was released. Like the perfume, she carried a prim and proper air, but was very sexy and, shall we say... adventurous? Promise and perhaps delivery if the lady finds you worthy. If you're as intriguing as she is.

I smelled clean and sexy and just felt generally yummy wearing this.

Danita Verpoort
Danita Verpoort

Anais Anais, was something special in the late 70s: romantic lush flowers in a mysterious powdery velvet mist due to the iris, leather and woody notes.
The new version is much more fresh,light and fruity, pity the leather notes are almost gone.

cpharr13
cpharr13

I almost blind bought this at marshalls after reading the reviews.I wish I would have.I found it at kohls today and test sprayed it.AMAZE-BALLS!I happen to like "old lady perfumes" lol.Im 34 Im obsessed with all things made in the 70s and this perfume is no exception!!!I find it hot rich and fiery...but innocent too.My husband said I smelled like I was in heat!I love this perfume and think it suites woman of any age...who doesnt wanna come off as mary anne but behind closed doors is a ginger!

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Hmm. I've never much liked this but never quite knew why, so when I saw a bottle of the parfum going for a song on ebay I thought I should try it again. I'm guessing the parfum is vintage, and another plus is that it comes in a reasonably attractive bottle rather than the deodorant container you usually get.

Unfortunately, I still don't particularly like it. This version is smoother than I've smelled before but otherwise just as unremarkable. It's quite green, and then it's a very undistinguished white floral.

Certainly it's inoffensive, office-appropriate, suitable for a young girl etc. (though I suppose these days any self-respecting young girl will want Fantasy or something - hopefully she will be given Lolita Lempicka instead).

Oh well, I feel a little sad that I don't get this one, but you can't win 'em all.

Edit to add - I spoke a little too soon. There's definitely an improvement in the deep drydown, at least in my version. I notice it says "woody" in the description above. Well indeed- there's some oakmoss here in the old version and it's actually turning a bit leathery, which I'm loving, though I should think the young girls will be wrinkling their noses by now.

LuizaNasta
LuizaNasta

This was my very first perfume given to me by my mother when I was around 10 years old. She was, and still is a great lover of perfume... she passed the passion on to me. I always keep a bottle of this just to remind me where it all began.

I don't really wear it anymore as my perfume preferences have greatly changed since then, but once in a while I put it on for sentimental reasons.

Like spring in a bottle. Very fresh and floral, which is another reason I don't use it very often... too many flowers!

It's strong, so use sparingly or you might give yourself and others a headache.

A lovely starter fragrance for a young girl.

selinu
selinu

This smells okay... I don't like it very much. And the bottle is hideous.

ruthghg
ruthghg

When I smelt this in the bottle it smelt too powdery and when I tired this a few times in the 80's
it always ended up smelling like FLY SPRAY on me.
It always smelt fine on my friends.
I should try it again and see if my body chemistry has changed.

maeculpa
maeculpa

Hello chemistry, we have a winner!

I've had a yearning for something floral as the spring arrives and everything I tried has either been fleeting or indolic. I wanted something that would stay with me in the way that all my woody oriental scents do, but carry a floral note too. And please no synthetic note.

I haven't had much luck with florals as the indolic jasmines really turn my stomach and rose scents can be too heady. I used to love Stella but now it seems a bit dull to me.

I remember being in school in the 80s and there was a strong snob factor against Anais Anais because everybody seemed to wear it and it was the most gifted fragrance to teens at the time, where the giver assumed that we were innocent young things and we all wanted to be skanky like Madonna. A bit like White Musk from the Body Shop. You just could not get away from the stuff.

And then it occured to me to try this again. Saving grace. It is beautiful. Creamy and powdery with a lovely leathery note. These days nobody is wearing it and it does seem nostalgic even though I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole in the 80s. And it lasts on me. Just gorgeous.

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

I had this many years ago and just had the good fortune to find a vintage mini at a second hand store. Beautiful floral fragrance.

malikado
malikado

love love love it
nothing like thise one
the best ever
makes me happy

Kiera79
Kiera79

It must be my chemistry, but this smells very synthetic on me. Almost plasticky. Usually florals work very well on me.... But this is not good. A scrubber for sure.

Jenny0057
Jenny0057

No matter how hard I try, I can't quit Anais Anais. I got my first bottle as a Christmas present when I was 17. This was well past its trendy days (late 90s) and honestly I can't remember what inspired me to try it in the first place, but it just "fit." To me, the bottle is misleading -- it's a more green fragrance than a pink one, more a breath of fresh air, and even a little bit spicy, then a cloyingly sweet floral. Cacharel did a campaign probably six years ago now with two models in a breezy field of tall grass. THAT's Anais Anais to me. It's spring time driving with the windows down, it's breezy, it's fresh. It does require a light hand though, and I think that's where some commenters say it smells "old." It's overpowering and can be stifling if you're not careful. There have been several times over the years where I'll run across someone who's absolutely drenched themselves in it and it makes me not want to touch it for months on end. But when I do come back to it I always wonder why I ever left. It works wonderfully on my skin, and I hope it always will.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Probably the best steam-freshened white floral bouquet available for under fifty dollars. If you enjoy the crisply royal feeling of jasmine, hyacinth, muguet, honeysuckle, ylang, tuberose, orange blossom, and lily (with hammy qualities intact), but want that ensemble filtered through the Dial-soaped humidity of a sports sauna, Anaïs Anaïs is the way to go. Equal parts regal, nonchalant, and sexy. It's also a great alternative to citrus chypres and fresh-aquatic fougeres during the warmer months, and strangely unisex. I sometimes think the wildflower accord in Kouros was heavily based on Anaïs Anaïs. This fragrance is beautiful.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I wore this scent a lot way back when. I had a friend who liked it so much he used to sit next to me every time I wore because he liked it so much. He even bought a bottle for his fiance. She liked it, too.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

Perfect for a bride on her wedding day!
If you really want to know what this smells like, it’s very much a boutique of soft white flowers, jasmine, silk powder and sweet incense!
Ultra soft, gentle, feminine, innocent and as sweet as a tear drop from happiness!
You will only ever get two reactions from the first smell of this beauty...1, “Oh, that’s beautiful” and 2, “OH, old lady smell”! HOWEVER, after the first intake of Anais Aanis has gone, you will then only get two results...1, “Oh, what a lovely perfume” and 2, “Oh, what a lovely perfume” ha ha ha! So while at first it may seem like something your grandmother would have worn when seeing you on Christmas morning, it always ends up smelling very sophisticated and elegant once that big burst of white flowers calms down!
Being that it’s a toilette, on dry skin types it will only last up to 4 hours, so on moist skin types, it’s very weak which is a shame, but I do love to spray this perfume 2 to 3 times in one day!
This is great for all women, of all nationalities! Best for ages 28+ and great for all seasons too. Not a girls perfume, but purely for women!

sophia loren
sophia loren

i have the eau de toilette version . i really dont know but there is something strange about this frag.it is actually VERY very comforting scent.it comforts me phsychologically.it is one of the first perfumes that i came across when i was a child along with wind song. i have been searching for the eau de parfume but i found only the eau de toilette.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

a beautiful combination, very white, ultra-feminine and destined for spring. I love how it settles on the skin. it's a very surprising combination. it gives me a very french vibe with the white lilies and roses and the carnation just tempers the jasmine! sharp yet powdery and long lasting. good stuff!
----
a second opinion!
---
I realized it is perfect for spring. it's a floral-fruity grenade. I didn't want to call it flower bomb because that name is already taken. and... it's so green, i can sense roots and cedar and a lot of wild thing that need to be tamed. it's very innocent and ultra-feminine, without being typical.just like womanity. that twist of powder I can sense is a reminder of how clean this smells. clean, pure, wild, always exceeding your expectations.
this is my actual favorite.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Full of hopes and with discount coupon in my pocket i hit local drugstore this afternoon to get some of Cacharel scents. I thought i might like Anais Anais. I remembered this one from the '80 when my sister was wearing that. I was wrong - it's not what i fall for. I am so glad i gave myself chance to try before buying.
All i get is very powdery white lily. Makes me sad and longing for something unknown. Reminds me a lot of graveyard (we use lilies and calla lilies in my country). Somehow the composition is just too much for me. It smells good on others but i can't imagine myself wearing this.

Cruinneach
Cruinneach

I don't know what to think. I kind of like it. It's very complex, obviously old fashioned fragrance of the last hippies of the late 70's. And still I like it. Don't just know if I dare to wear it or not because of the one thing it is not. It isn't modern at all. Not grand mom either but and evidence of one era 30 years ago. And after all I like it a bit...

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

My mother discouraged me for the longest time to try this saying it was too floral. At the back of my head, even if I don't know what it smells like I know I'd love it. I risked a blind buy---100 ml glorious bottle and at one spray I was floored. This fragrance and I are a match made in perfume heaven. I got it just in time for Valentine's Day and it came a few minutes after my man arrived with a bouquet of baby pink roses.

I have never felt so feminine. It starts beautifully floral, like an English garden on a sunny day. It dries down to a leathery, powdery, dusty floral veil that makes me feel dainty and precious.

I'm in love. I am just so glad I caved in. :)

This is a signature material for me.

pushya
pushya

I was a little girl but I remember clearly It was an amazing perfume in 80's. It has a green, fresh, romantic, floral aroma. In 90's my mother bought me a big bottle for my 16th birthday and I didn't like it. It was only oily jasmine. Sometimes I try anais anais in perfume shops. I'm still have a little hope maybe I can found old formulation.

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

This is spring in a bottle. Beautiful white flower scent with a touch of rose. Very feminine !

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

I really thought I disliked Anais Anais until I tried the vintage Parfum concentrate. I had always thought of Anais Anais as just too sweet for me. I know the word cloying is overused in these reviews, but that is how I thought of Anais Anais. I believe it was the combination of the double honeysuckle (in the opening and the heart), or the tuberose, or even the hyacinth.

However, from the minute I opened the bottle of the parfum, I was simply intoxicated by this fragrance. It is a warm, smooth, creamy, and yes, sweet fragrance, with great complexity, and holding many surprises. It opens with orange blossom, hyacinth and lavender, followed by lemon and bergamot, which balance the sweet opening florals, without adding any sour notes. Hats off for the way the blackcurrant develops, which is discernible, but without any ammonia. The honeysuckle and white lily appear a little later in the opening on me, then merge with the other florals to create a truly wonderful floral accord. I am pretty crazy about lily, and this is truly a gentle, sweet, and very soft white lily. Sweet and floral at this point, not really fruity.

The heart is just gorgeous, with a blooming pink rose, yellow lily, tuberose, honeysuckle, and jasmine to start, with iris, ylang ylang, pomegranate blossom, and lily of the valley; each flower is clearly discernible and singular, yet they harmonize in a perfect chord. It is probably the powdery, bitter violets in the orris root that brings it all together.

And, then surprise: leather! A really subtle but long lasting leather, that pairs beautifully with patchouli, sandalwood and a rooty green vetiver to create a solid base that is further enriched by musk and oakmoss.

I don't see civet, but I absolutely sense something animalic, beyond the oakmoss which is fairly strong throughout. For me, the most beguiling aspect of this perfume is the recurring florals, which never quite leave the scene. I am aware of hyacinth and lavender throughout, and with the cedar, vetiver and oakmoss, the lavender adds a really lovely chypre accord to the floral. I wore this two days running when it first arrived, and if I wasn't worried about running out, I'd probably be wearing it today.

nazza28
nazza28

I actually really like this. I can't pick any particular notes at the start but this dries down to a very soapy floral on me which is really lovely and in-offensive. I feel the older I get the more I'm appreciating these 'classic' perfumes. While I was in my teens and early 20's I would never have worn this although I remember it as one of my mother's favourites. This is beautiful and well worth trying (note: I am using a vintage pure oil perfume)

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

To floral for me tried to like it but its not happening

Athanasia2702
Athanasia2702

Scent of beach and sun cream. Now when I have tried it I understand why Jennifer Aniston likes this....

thefemalemantis
thefemalemantis

very very light. great for people who want to wear perfume but can't typically tolerate it for long periods of time. soft. feminine.

it's not my particular favorite for my personality, but it's still a pleasant fragrance.

This is kind of a soapy carnation to me. I can smell the carnation and lily the most throughout wear. There is an indolic quality in this, that I think is coming from the lily more than from the jasmine. It reminds me of a stargazer lily, but softer. This is very, very floral, with some green notes, soft but strong.

LordD

Within each bottle there is a tiny pastel pink room full of white flowers with a cute old lady powdering her face with one of those big fluffy puffs.

rebecca_97
rebecca_97

I really like Anais Anais, I wish I could love it, but it just doesn't last very long. That might just be my skin, but I had about 30 minutes of heaven and then the smell left me. :(

To me, the smell is really youthful, so feminine, so floral. I can't pick out individual scents yet (must be my untrained nose!) but I do notice that everything works together, it smells peaceful if you can call it that, nothing fights to reach your nose first.

I think it's best suited to spring and summer wear, nothing too formal, but I think you'll get compliments whenever you wear it.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I thought, it is my first acquaintance with Anais. Unusual, more magnolia and lily, with powdery base,yet it seemed at first so strong. I was not sure why i did not give it a try before grabbing on sale as one of classics of the epoch. I remembered it now. Deodorants from my childhood, smelled so typically french to my nose. It is a close to body scent to me, well rounded, clean body, lingers a little. Sun-lit summer mornings, fashionable sexy jeans from black market, something in the air that is grown up and forbidden, something that happens between man and a woman after Saturday disco parties, on long drives to the forest,river or lake, but i did not know what it was at that time of my innocence. This is one of the fragrances that says summer holidays-it immediately relaxes me. Even though, i think it will be particularly good on a frosty day, with creamy softness enveloping you in morning fog. I must say, i generally like more crispy and sparkling flower scents, with a bitter note, but this one is so darling that im willing to try it. And yes, with a romantic dress and care free attitude.

СОСО
СОСО

Does anyone have unwanted empty bottle of it? I don't care about the scent, but i like this bottle very much

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

Tested this on a piece of paper at my local Ulta store. I didn't expect to remember it (since I never wore it) but I did remember. Sweet and a little sad - just like memories of adolescence.

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

This smells like air freshener - I don't remember it smelling that way at all, when I was younger. The strange thing is, fragrances normally bring my memories flooding back but this didn't do anything - it's as though it is a completely different fragrance to what I used to wear. Either it's been reformulated beyond recognition, or I had really bad taste when I was 14. Or both lol

alexandra.lomaswoolmore
alexandra.lomaswoolmore

My aunt loves this one. But personally... I hate it. It's a nice scent, but I dislike it on my skin, I prefer something sweet or woody. But anyway, if you want a floral but fresh and soft fragrance, you'll like it.

Oh, and if anyone knows about any other fragrance that smells like Anais Anais, please do me a favor and let me know it please! Have a nice day :)

natural
natural

One of the best floral fragrances ever! So romantic, so innocent and sooooo lovely! It reminds me of my childhood. A wonderful SOFT floral scent! If you like floral fragrances, you will love this one!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

When I was in high school there was a girl in my dramatic arts class who wore this. It smelled completely intoxicating on her. When she mentioned the name of it one day, I never forgot and that was over 20 years ago! That's got to say something about this fragrance. Easily one of my favourite perfumes on a lady!

chisappanse
chisappanse

I love this..
It,s very soapy.. Longevity is Good !!

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I have never smelled the real Anais Anais, just a dollar-store knock off. Judging from that this must be one of the loveliest and classiest feminine scents around.

Ina Boland
Ina Boland

Lovely perfume was one of my fav's. Great first time perfume, smells of innoncence.

piapedersen
piapedersen

Never was a big fan of this scent... But growing up in the eighties I guess I was a bit too often exposed to it to really accept it as a perfume. It was more like a scent that was already in any room I entered. I bought a box of Cacharel miniatures the other day, since I' a collector but not very fond of Cacharel, really. But I must admit that I was positively surprised by the scent. It struck me as romantic and a bit girlish, but nice in a way. I will definitely not wear it, though. I'm too old for this (quote: Robert Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon)

somethingbrighter
somethingbrighter

This used to be "my" perfume when I was a kid, but smelling it again it's horrible. Then again, I really don't like florals!

ann.sundwall

@poppy: Your chemistry may have changed, but this scent has definitely been reformulated. I purchased a bottle of vintage Anais Anais and fell in love with it. When I saw the new formula for sale at Marshalls recently, I thought "How different can it be?"

The answer unfortunately is: Very different. The new formula is recognisable as Anais Anais, but it is much sharper, greener, and to me, much less pleasant.
I gave the new bottle away and bought more vintage...for me there is really no comparison.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

This was one of the fragrances I wore when I was a girl and a teenager. I remember thinking there was nothing that smelled quite as beautiful as this. Eventually I discovered the big, wide world of high end perfume and this scent slowly faded into a distant memory.
A few weeks ago I was at a Department store and saw a tester bottle on a counter as I was leaving. Without hesitation I sprayed my wrist then walked out the door. Big smelly mistake. I am not sure if they have changed the formula or if my tastes have really changed that much but it was horrible. There was absolutely nothing in it I found pleasant. I could not even begin to pick out notes to analyze because it seemed to my nose to be so poorly made that the notes crashed together and destroyed each other creating what can only be described as a liquid desperatly pretending to be a perfume.
Perhaps my chemistry has changed as well?

seneca
seneca

Was well loved by me in the 80s - was my signature back then. Now it repulses me :)) Maybe I drowned my nose in it.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

Comforting, soothing white flowers and green leaves sprinkled with spring rain...what a feminine, innocent, demure fragrance! A timeless classic! In the early '90's, I saved up my allowance to buy a pretty pink and white gift box with the EDT spray, lotion and body powder. I purchased it again in my early 20s. One of the few perfumes that really makes me feel pretty, no doubt because of the intensely feminine white floral bouquet. Delicately beautiful lily-of-the-valley dances with hyacinth and peach-colored roses while orange blossom and violet wait patiently in the background. I am pleased to read so many positive reviews of this fragrance because it is truly a winner, simply a gorgeous and comforting classic.

DIXIAO
DIXIAO

Way too powdery, smells old, the least one I like from all Cacharel range.

ann.sundwall

Previous reviewers have described this so much better than I can, but it is truly lovely in a very unique way. When I was much younger I wanted to like it, but was always a little confused and put off by the scent. Maybe it is the combination of powdery and green notes that does that. Now I find it amazingly soothing.

One caveat: To my nose there is a significant difference between the vintage and newer formulation. The vintage is much softer and powdery. Sort of an ethereal, foggy blanket of a scent. The reformulation is much greener and sharper and seems to me somehow "thinner". Both have amazing duration on my skin, but I much prefer the vintage.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Considering this was created in 1978, I can't believe I am so late in getting around to sampling it.

I just bought a bottle today and as soon as it settled, I recognised it immediately: I think everyone I know from primary school teachers, to friends and even my Mum has worn this at some point. It was overwhelmingly familiar and now I can finally put a name to it.

It's a pleasant enough scent: creamy, hint of roses and hyacinth and maybe a hint of white musk in there somewhere. It certainly won't bother anyone.

However, there is a fine line between "classic" and "overexposed". The jury is still out on this one for me. Yes, it's nice, but not outstanding, but the main sticking point for me as that it's almost ubiquitous and I don't know if I want to smell ubiquitous.

dezaval
dezaval

A creamy, velvety pale pink rose, white lily and lily-of-the-valley fragrance. A classic one. It's not a coincidence it keeps being produced by Cacharel all this time. Floral fragrance fans love it. Romantic and fragile and, at the same time, modern and strong. Sensual and soapy - in a good sense - gives the impression of being clean and pure. It was a great entrance in the late 70s. There was no other fragrance like this. It lasts really long and the sillage is great too. It's a recognisable fragrance, with a great character. Mostly recomended for spring days and brides-to-be. Romantic ladies should give it a try...

lapurrla
lapurrla

Cacharel's Anais Anais, the combination of scent and bottle, must be a classic. I never fell in love with the fragrance personally. It isn't me, but every now and then I try it again to see if I'm ready for it, but today I find I'm not. But I still appreciate it. I especially love the bottle, it's just beautifully designed.

Classic perfumes are like classic movies, they never go out of style, they transcend it.

daina.Šņore
daina.Šņore

I've tried to love this, despite all the unpleasant feelings I get when I sniff this.
But no. My nose just gives a big protest to this perfume.
A big bouquet of white flowers, thrown randomly together. Just.. GAAHH... can't stand this!

Maybe some day...

But definitely not recommended for a blind buy. For some people it is very possible to get a headache from this.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

I oversprayed in zealous enjoyment while still a beginner and thought this a synthetic glorified femine hygiene monster. Sprayed instead on freshly cleaned skin and in colder air, such austere beauty. The perfect scent for a cloistered poetess in Amherst or a governess in love with her tragic benefactor. As a moony-eyed high school art goth I wore Demeter's Funeral Home. Anais Anais is the quintessential goth girl perfume in sheep's clothing, as it takes those lillies and carnations central to Funeral Home and burns sweet sad incense in a soft leather-gloved hand, blowing away dust to make way for stark powder and milky green stems. Put the marketing, iconic as it is, aside and disregard the teenage girl demographic. Anais Anais is most of all literary in that it is linear, associative, bittersweet, concerned with love and death but couched in accessible metaphor, wise but virginal though not too youthful. The namesake Nin's writings I do not detect anywhere in mood or vision, hers an entirely sexualized world. This commercial perfume sold in plastic and largely unchanged since its creation is more spiritual. And more than any of these literary figures evoked, no Lolita here for me in the least by the way--she is much more Angel, I have to recite some of Ophelia's lines during any wearing. Nunneries, primrose paths, morbid mad tragic wistful love. The literary gothic romance.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Im sorry guys but i hate it, yea it unique, but not in a good way, dont blind buy this!

jinjun
jinjun

Very soft powdery Lily-of-the-Valley scent. Dries down to powdery musk.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Green/white floral that flirts with the pistil and stamen as it dries down to a musky, almost risky oakmoss. Carried the tradition of First by Van Cleef and Arpels into the 80's, only cleaner and softer. Intrigue.

bkblan
bkblan

Guys love this scent. A little too floral for me, but I'll take the compliments!

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

Very powdery & considered a classic, but not for me. Good for room spray.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

My grandmother's signature fragrance and one pretty little song. The spring flowers are stunning, leading to a clean and just barely powdery base. This has obviously been reformulated from its classic version, but I find no fault in the modern version. Instead of just being cheaper, it's a bit softer and the base notes have been turned down. In the case of this fragrance, I think it has actually improved the formula. It's gone from something akin to Ivoire's rudeness to something more like Diorissimo. Soft, discrete, airy, herbaceous, and polite, it has truly renewed its license to be the spring floral of teenage girls everywhere. If only...

soblue2
soblue2

This scent has a powdery note, not that I dislike it, just didn't suit me, but it was a gift so I layered it with a light musk. To me it feels like an older scent, like for my grandmother. Liked smelling it from the spray but not on my skin.

dollita
dollita

i have a soft spot for this stuff. when i was little, my mother had a bottle that was almost empty (really the tiniest bit left) so she let me have it. i dont know what i did with it. probably sprayed it on my dolls or something. :-p but i loved the scent and held on to the bottle for the longest time. so every time i smell this, it takes me back in time. i honestly still enjoy the smell, but it isnt something i typically wear.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

It's so creamy and soft, makes me think about clouds and heaven haha .. I really love this perfume. My mother love this perfume as well and we always buy two new bottles together haha.

A legendary scent from one of my favourite "designers" CACHAREL.

Unique and beautiful !

klmckendry
klmckendry

With all these positive reviews I thought I can't go wrong! Even if I don't love it, surely I can't hate it? Oh how wrong I was!
Worst blind buy of my life. I'm utterly shocked at how much people love this. It smells like cheap concentrated toilet spray.. and I'm being completely serious.
After putting it on I went to wash the dishes and realised the morning fresh dishwashing liquid I used would be more appropriate as perfume than this.
Sorry to the lovers, but I feel like I've just walked out of the bathroom after number 2's and got the toilet spray on me by accident =/

Migalex
Migalex

Extremely powdery flower bouquet. Funnily enough, the overall scent is to me reminiscent of violet, which is not even listed amongst the notes. This personal impression makes it, to me, and apart from the powderiness, which Kenzo Flower does not have, very similar to this latter scent. It seems, from the previous reviews, that people are divided about this one. Well, it won a fifi award, but myself do not place it amongst the great scents, not even by far. I sort of like it although not particularly. It is quite a big floral, and I actually like it better now than years ago, probably because it has been reformulated and is not exactly the same scent. I do not remember its being so powdery, but maybe it was. It is not a silage bomb, but I find the silage and the staying power quite good. Find it somehow sometimes a bit too powdery and also detect a quite noticeable rubbery edge which I am not very fond of and starts after the opening and never wears off - it does actually get even more pronounced. This perfume used to be very cheap a long time ago, compared to other brands, but now it is not so, i do not know why. Probably the brand is now considered more glamorous or something to do with it. Anais Anais seems to have survived better than Loulou the test of time.

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

My mom gave this to me when I was 16, I am 32 now, and i can still remember how it smells like, soft and floral. it reminds me of my teenage years, and my very first love

Adrien02
Adrien02

When I'm feeling nostalgically girly-like this is what I find I may wear. It takes me back in time to a more exciting and carefree time in my life when I lived overseas. Life was good then and this fragrance will always be a reminder of those times.
It is like a powdery fluid, sweet with green woodiness. Dries down linearly. Not a big change from top to drydown, just a softer version of the beginning. Would always like to have around as a staple in my collection. I don't think I could ever tire of it.

perfumebox
perfumebox

I love lily/lily-of-the-valley themed scents in general, and Anais Anais was something I loved smelling in my younger years. I never did wear it that much because my then-undeveloped nose couldn't handle the abrasive base of leather and vetiver.

The scent is beautiful though, even as I recall it from memory. It manages to retain that crystal clarity of sparkling translucent white flowers without ever getting muddied by the powdery-soft musk or the grit of the vetiver and leather. Somehow, everybody seems to consider it a very soft scent, but to me, it does pack a bit of a punch!

If you like the concept of crystalline white florals that are beautiful, but have a slight kick and never succumb to sweetness (think Chanel No 19), you just might love Anais Anais.

Ramz
Ramz

i love it.i bought 2 bottles of this .. i feel like im in heaven using this... i love wearing it again and again.

suhaesa
suhaesa

it was the first perfume my father bought me from an airplane, i was 8 years old. i guess the white flowery bottle represented all the innocence in the world..dedicated to the memory of my beloved dad, forever i will remember him with the fondest memories..
may he rest in peace..its hard for me to smell it again for it reminds me of my childhood and him but i still remember how clear soft and pure it smelled its a beautiful scent that will forever linger in my memory as the scent of innocence..like the garden of eve..where i hope my dad is

crikat
crikat

I remember catching a whiff of Anais Anais on a test strip and thinking, "I MUST have this!" Lovely milk glass bottle, even lovlier fragrance evoking sweet, balmy flowers...for about 5 minutes on my skin, then pfft..nothing. Not even when I put my nose to my wrist. Ah, the curses of impetuousness and uncooperative body chemistry!

joanne.healey
joanne.healey

I've just opened up a set of little bottles i got from Boots to put away for xmas. naughty as I am, I just had to keep these for myself.
aaaaaah, This scent will always remind my cousins wedding reception. Sat outside on a summers day among the flowers, This scent was a favourite of my mothers and she let me wear some for this special occasion. Its unique I think to me, its floral with a sharp "kick". Yes it is slightly old fashioned but sometimes that's a good thing. when i sniff my arm I get chintzy table cloths and cream teas, This is a fragrance for a true english Rose and thats what it does kind of remind me of, roses after the rain, the sweetness with an under lying edge. a slight promise of darkness but as fleeting as a summer shower, its gone before you know it x

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I like this flowery, powdery and at the same time very fresh scent. It smells very clean. When I was shopping perfume with a friend and smelled this and said I liked it, she said she'd wore it in her teens and that I was forbidden to buy it 'cause she didn't like it anymore. I said it's my body and if I like the scent, I'll buy it. I did and she was mad, telling me I couldn't wear it when seeing her. I might do that, just to tease her. I like the scent alot. I had it when vacationing at my relatives and they asked what it was that smelled so good. Is there anyone else out there who has been forbidden to buy Anais Anais? LOL

Joycell22
Joycell22

My mom used to wear this perfume when i was younger, so whenever i smell it, i remember what it was like being a young girl. In the backseat of our car, visting family or going on a trip. But nowadays it makes me sneeze.. also it smells kind of dated to me, but maybe thats just the memories talking.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

I remember first smelling this on a workmate called Lydia in 1987, it made such an impression on me,I vividly remember the moment of walking past and catching a waft of a beautiful, girly, (not fruit syrup as girly means now)romantic fragrance. I never really thought about perfumes back then in my youth, I just doused myself in Poison or LouLou to go clubbing and wore Jovan, Avon Soft Musk and various Yves Rochers daytime.
Anais Anais suited Lydia perfectly. She was a gentle natured, innocent seeming, slightly naive, pretty, natural golden blonde, hair past shoulder length, always wavy and tousled, with big green eyes and a passion for floral Laura Ashley type floor length skirts and wispy blouses. When she smiled and batted her eyelids at the menfolk they melted and she was oblivious to her disastrous effect on their ability to speak.
To me that is the person conjured up by this beautiful, timeless scent. Young, romantic, innocent, classically pretty.
NB: this persona I ascribe to AA bears no resemblance at all to moi!

I have always had a bottle of this in my stash. It can seem a bit frumpy now to newcomers, in the same way that gypsy skirts and broderie anglais are out of vogue.
Try it even if you only do a test spray at the store.

25. july 2012

I feel that finally i am ready to write a review for this beauty.

But this is review for the original (vintage) formula which i use in EDT.
This must be one of the first perfumes EVER in my life that i have smelled and tried. And though i was only 12 maybe i really liked it then. It was my aunt´s perfume (along with Poison), so i would secretly sneak to her bedroom and smell it everytime i visited her. Many years after that i wanted to purchase it for myself but when i sniffed it i didn´t like it at all. I was wondering why and blamed my preferences, but now i know that by that time it was reformulated already. I do still really dislike the modern version of Anais-Anais in EDT, i find it to be bug spray alike, very dusty and too chemical. Nothing innocent and fragile about it like in vintage one. I read a lot of reviews that say this is heavy and cloying fragrance, but somehow i find it to be light, airy and amazingly feminine and this has to be one of THE BEST white flowers in a perfume EVER. I have hundreds of perfumes, but i keep coming back to this one again and again and has been wearing this one for weeks this spring and summer. When i wear it i feel so comfortable, it has that fragile creamy undertone that makes me feel like it is hugging me, like mother hugs a baby. Really comforting. This one is blended so perfectly that the only notes i can detect (prominent) are white lilly, lily of the valley, osmanthus, a hint o tuberose and amazing topping of orange. Somehow all blended together i reminds me of a lilac.
I am quite sure that when i get married i will wear this perfume as my wedding fragrance in case if the wedding will be during summer or late spring time.
it has great sillage and great lasting power as well.

Lasts whole day and even longer on my hair and clothes.

BY THE WAY the modern EDP smells quite close to the original formula, than the modern EDT. I also own the vintage big bottle of EDP and this is more intense and more sharp in the opening, more alcohol there, but if you give it time to settle down it will be as good as EDT, but still vintage EDT is my favorite of them all.

THE REVIEW WAS FOR VINTAGE/ORIGINAL FORMULA

The summer of 2012 was all about my vintage "anais anais", i used it the most that summer.

UPDATE: (year later) By now i have a huge collection of vintage "Anais" in every concentration (2xparfum, 1x parfum de toilette concentree, 1xEDP, and several full size bottles of vintage EDTs), i feel so happy about it. I still think this is the best white flowers EVER!!!

Ellie_Love
Ellie_Love

I used to love this but I don't anymore. It seems cloying now to me for some reason. It's very soft and divine on some people, just not on me. The leather and animal notes take the lead somehow and make me smell horrible.

Lol48
Lol48

A beautiful fragrance that I wore many moons ago. One of my all time favourites. Not overpowering in the slightest. It is divine. Both my mum (now sadly no longer with us) and me wore this sooooo much in the 80's. Wow, what memories !!

lickthetins
lickthetins

sweet honeysuckle! haven't opened my bottle since I stole it from mom in 1989. but I remember it being sweet and soft and floral. summer/spring scent, light & angelic. naive.

gabi07
gabi07

Very floral fragance, pure flowers and a little bit of lemon to me. I like it and its good for spring and summer.

mrshopkins1973
mrshopkins1973

Honeysuckle, Patchouli, Cedar, Sandalwood, Carnation. That's the order I notice. Reminds me of Prince Matchebelli's Wind Song and Evyan White Shoulders. Spring/Summer scent.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

For years and years I used to wear only Anais anais. It worked so perfectly on my skin I could not consider wearing anything else. That´s the reason why I became addicted to perfumes: since it was reformulated I´ve been searching for a substitute. At first I thought my nose had changed, later I understood the perfume itself was not the same. That´s such a pity. I never found anything as good as the original one. Floral and soft, truly feminine and perfect for all seasons, night and day, with an endless lasting power. The driedown and soft sillage were the most wonderful. Unfortunatly I can´t say the same about the new version. It´s nice, still has a good lasting power and sillage, but it´s not half as delicious as it used to be.

larali
larali

Soft, powdery, lily and carnation on me.

I was wearing another perfume when I accidentally tested it today. They weren't compatible, and it was late in the day and I hadn't showered.... so my impression was negative. However, I think that it would probably be very nice after a shower, in the morning, with some fresh, ladylike clothes. I hope to give it another shot some day: I think it's worth it.

vonwinklestine

I bought a perfume today that smells very much like anais anais, and it was lily of the valley. If i think about it the most noticable smell in anais anais is lily of the valley.

Abby1970
Abby1970

This is definitely a spring and summer perfume. It smells gorgeous just like a bouquet of Easter flowers. My mother used to wear this perfume and about a year ago I was sitting in a park and I could smell my mother! I thought someone was obviously wearing my mother’s perfume, so I looked around to see who was around me. There was a cart selling potted plants and flowers just a few feet behind the bench I was sat on. Hyacinths, tulips, lilies and daffodils, roses, etc. I walked over to it and sure enough the smell got stronger and stronger. After that I had to go out and buy some Anais Anais. I love it! Nothing smells as natural, flowery and lovely as this fragrance. It’s springtime in a bottle.

Longevity 5-7 hours
Silage about 2 feet for at least 4 hours
Then about 10 inches for the remainder of the time.

Jan246
Jan246

this was one of the first perfumes given to me, and i never liked it. way too overpowering, just intense and suffocating.

iomel
iomel

Anais Anais I think it could be the scent of a Geisha, so loving, sweet and full of flowers is really something sublime the first time you hear ...
The flowers are beautiful, inviting and delicate dough I had heard something similar in the Lily of the Valley of Avon.

amelie
amelie

Anais Anais was really one of the most beautiful flower bouquets, but obviously reformulated. This is a completely different smell, maybe I grew up :)

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

Normally I'm not that kind of a flower type... I really like the heavier stuff, but this one is really growing on me. Used it the first time yesterday, it had a fresh smell all day but I didn't detect any layers in the perfume, smelled the same all day long. Now I spritsed 2 times, on my collar bone and once behind my ear, so my hair gets some perfume too. I'm starting to notice the different notes of the perfume now. It's a lot softer as it was yesterday too. I think it depends on the kind of soap you use to wash before putting it on. Now it's soft, but it's noticable as well. I hope though it will last as long as yesterday. Yesterday only one sprits and it lasted a good 8-10 hours, but today I have a feeling the scent will wear off before 4 PM..

I also tend to notice that Anais smells beter on me from behind my ears, as from the collar bone. I know that sounds funny...

I'm sorry, might be a crappy review over here, but I haven't got a trained nose. To me something eather smells good or not :). And this definetely smells like incense of roses, lilies and jasmins to me, with a hint of a spice. Soft, but there.

Muzoona
Muzoona

Oh my god.. My Mom used to use it and when i smell it I recall her and i missed her so so much :( RIP mom

The leading notes in this fragrance is the lily note and the sandalwood note. I like lilies, but unfortunately because of the sandalwood note this fragrance smells vintage enough. I prefer more lively flowers in perfumes. So it's not my cup of tea.

xabaras
xabaras

Anais Anais is such a complex fragrance that my brain can't detect any particular note, just a wonderful bouquet of fresh flowers with some spice. It can be too strong if you spritz too much, the sillage is amazing, but it is one of the very few florals that do not hurt my nose, and I can be difficult. I rarely wear it, just because I don't find it too close to my personality and I always find some other fragrance to wear, but I am proud to have it in my collection. It is pure Spring to me, in those lovely sunny spring days when you keep all the windows in you home open I occasionally spritz Anais Anais on the courtains, just to have that fresh whiff spreading around...

“Anais Anais” opens on a super-fresh, chewy white rush of orange flower indoles, immediately followed by a jasmine and lily combo. This is the starchy, strong, floral aspect of “Anais Anais”; the part that often resembles high quality, triple-milled soap, to my nose. It’s definitely a French soap cake, not a bar of “Dial” although it could be thought somewhere in the direction of “Dove” soap. I like this part of the blend, but I like it because I apply “Anais Anais” sparingly – one spritz on one wrist, and then the wrist makes its rounds about my neck and my other wrist. Spraying this on liberally would be the height of oppression. It would suck the air out of my lungs. The top is layer upon layer of fresh, white, creamy florals, with a hint of powder.

The white flowers ease and then the sheer, watery-metallic hyacinth and lily of the valley stage emerges. If you want a genuine, just showered smell – not super sudsy or sanitized, but the smell of soap that has just been rinsed from your skin, leaving behind an ash and floral residue – hyacinth is your note. It has a viscous, oily freshness that’s almost rounded in how it moves over your passages. It’s almost like a mix between burled wood, iris and moss, if that mix were impressions made out of metals.

Finally, the creamy white florals, dewy hyacinth and lily of the valley, subside and a smooth, fuzzy wood note is noticable. Something polished and sweet like a treated horse saddle emerges and the horse saddle mixes with sawdust and a lavender incense, touched with hints of nutmeg and clove – which could be an addition of spice or just a quality of the carnation, a note that can sometimes resemble a creamy clove blend.

What I love about Cacharel, is how bravely perfumey and brazenly sensual their fragrances are. They routinely blow raspberries at trends and will only offer their own sultrier interpretations of them – complete with Cacharel coziness and leisurely pace -- even making some blends that are defiantly antiquated. “Anais Anais”, as beautiful as it is, has that homey, out of time quality; could almost be the scent inside a well-worn wardrobe; cedar drawers, scented papers, linens embedded with sebum, some hard soaps in the corners, the whole piece vaguely scented of a lived-in home. It has this leisurely haziness to it that inspires naps in the afternoon; the hyacinth makes it sleepy and refreshing at the same time.

I love this stuff. It melds perfectly with my skin, a natural match, and feels like my own, natural skinmusk emerging from shower-clean skin. It smells familiar and nostalgic. There must’ve been someone – or entire groups of someones – who wore this scent in my infancy. It just gives the impression of long, lost dreams and cozy memories. I’ll keep searching my brain, with the help of “Anais Anais”, until I find them…

fobia
fobia

This was my very first perfume... I received this as a gift when I was 11 or 12 years old...
It is powdery, floral, pretty, and unlike many of the scents I smell today. I had no idea it had so many different notes in it!
It is a classic in my book, and hopefully will always be a part of my collection.

PrincessAzurea
PrincessAzurea

EDT. the first hour or so wasn't too bad, very sweet muguet, jasmin and lily with a touch of galbanum. The dry down horrendous - pure Lyral and impossible to get off the skin. Waxy/lactonic. This is the most synthetic fragrance I've smelled in a long time, and reminds me of old face cream that's lost its scent and the rancid oiliness is the main note.

Happy that other people enjoy it, though :)

anne.amadora
anne.amadora

I miss Anaïs Anaïs, it was so nice, maybe my bf will like it better than the vintage or jasmine perfumes I use to wear, I remember that I got a lot of compliments back then when I was wearing it but I can wear only edp, edt turns bad on me

nananessa
nananessa

I loved this clean, fresh floral so very much when it first came out. At the time, my mother-in-law & I both were wearing this. It smelled just wonderful, a perfect floral IMHO, alas...it would not last on me. I would have to reapply & reappply every few hours. I remember I quickly went through my first bottle from Belks's & my mother-in-law gave me the second bottle. I still went through it too quickly. So I have never bought it again because it has no longevity on me.

If it lasted longer I would still have this in my fragrance collection!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Wanted to try this ´oldtimer`, since I never did in the 70-ies as I found it too sharp then. So fro two days I`ve tried this one- and to my surprise I quite like this very sweet, long lasting almost clinging scent. It is sweet, feminine, and smells a bit `cheap`compared to ex. Narcotic Venus by Nasomatto- but by all means,
I feel fine and like the way it clings even to my clothes.

parfumesigne
parfumesigne

This is one of my first experiences with perfumes. Being too young to wear perfume, but old enough to notice and admire the smell of the fancy "older than me"-girls and young women, I longed for the time when I was able to have my own Anais Anais and wear it every day.

Being a teenager in the eighties, this perfume was IT! And you could smell it everywhere. It smelled like pastel colored dresses, pastel colored tights and big white plastic ear rings. It smelled in a way, that made me feel like growing up too slowly, and it was my biggest wish for Christmases and birthdays.

Finally it got it and I felt grown up.

But now, so many years later, to me Anais Anais is a teenage girl's perfume. I still love it, but I can't wear it. The smell of it makes my ages clash.

I long to smell it on someone, though, maybe a young girl in a pastel colored dress, pastel colored tights and with big shiny white plastic ear rings. Then I will long for the time when I was young enough to feel the time going too slowly, and when my biggest wish was an Anais Anais perfume of my own.

jazzallil
jazzallil

This is a really interesting perfume to me:in the first few seconds i feel something harsh in it,but then it turns into a really nice,gentle scent on my skin: i guess i feel the carnation and lily-of-the-valley, exactly the same feeling,when I'm in a little flowershop. A quiet, clean, fresh and a bit chilly breeze .

Jayne58
Jayne58

I bought this again after many years, curious really about whether I could wear it, or whether it would feel silly and girly. But it is still a classic and credible fragrance. Yes, very floral, very misty and pretty, with a chemical note that slightly detracts from the overall effect when worn on skin, however, it is absolutely delightful as a fabric spray to spritz on pillows before sleep (and still cheap enough, too)

frusia
frusia

Is it just me or there is really something in Anais Anais what makes it similar to Eden. But while Eden is saturated, Anais Anais is pastel and misty. While Eden makes me feel strong, Anais makes me feel soft and a little bit vulnerable. Anyway, it's a lovely fragrance, so beautiful.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

It so reminds me of my teenage years!I might purchase it again at some point.

Ohkit
Ohkit

Such a mild, relaxing, almost harmless scent. Flowery, powdery and, as many fragrantica users have noted-milky. Yet, despite its apparent simplicity and "silence", you can tell it's a classic right after the first sniff. Not my cup of tea but damn, what a perfume!

zatenhaar
zatenhaar

One word: Flowery

Its ok if you like that but for me it was just a bit to much to busy.

Im looking for a more water down version does anybody have any suggestions ? Thanks

omixochitl
omixochitl

I'm with you Maggiekat. I remember smelling this as a child and thinking that it was the most heavenly scent. I thought that I wanted a bottle of this when I grew up. Unfortunately I never got it. I sampled it recently and I still like it but it doesn't smell anything like it used to (at least in my mind).
Back then I remember smelling clean pure freshly cut white flowers: lilies, jasmine, maybe some tuberose and perhaps a hint of citrus.
To this day it smells a bit rancid (maybe a bad tester?) and more strongly of muguet and carnation with some incense thrown in. Still nice, but nothing like before.

I can't comment on sillage and longevity, since I sampled it very briefly.

MaggieKat

I know that I used to love Anais Anais, I wore it daily from age 12 to 16. Have they reformulated? Do I have a bad bottle? a fake? It just doesn't not smell the way I remember it at all.

Hallo_smiling
Hallo_smiling

i love Anais anais.. it is pure Flowers.. i use to have it for daily, is a little bit sweet but it smell just wonderfull. roses roses and roses .

vonwinklestine

My gran had this perfume when i was 16. Whenever i was at her place i would always sneak into her bedroom to have a smell of it, i loved it. One day she said she didn't want it anymore and gave it to me. It reminds me very much of my college days. Recently though i smelled it again in a shop and although i still like the fragrance i wouldn't wear it anymore. It is not a timeless fragrance and i feel it is too old fashioned smelling now.

geekweevil
geekweevil

I could not stand this by just sniffing from the bottle, so much so that i never bothered to spray it.
Then someone at work was wearing this delicious floral, and it turned to to be Anais Anais.
So i tried some on, and lo and behold, after the initial 10mins that i'm not too fond of, it becomes a creamy floral, very pretty, very wearable!
totally delicious! and so cheap to buy too.
I also like wearing Lou Lou.

Morgane08
Morgane08

This has been my mom's favorite perfume for quite a while even though she doesn't use it too often. To me it has always been too spicy. But today I wanted to buy a new fragrance, went to the store and smelled it without expecting anything...I bought it instantly.

To me it is the strong smell of hyacinth that made it for me. It is a flower I do not get to smell enough.

Anais Anais is perfect if you love hyacinth and lily of the valley. Spicier than what I usually enjoy, but still very feminine and romantic.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

The opening has a strong freshness, probably by galbanum and hyacinth. Not exactly citrusy but fresh, like a wet garden or take a bath with the smoothest line of organic products: everything clean and a bit green.

After a little, it developes to a delicate , a bit powdery and almost milky white floral. This is clean too and maybe I could say: it probably can be a natural smell of someone.

I don't know why but I think about a mother taking care of your baby, just a maternal relationship. Anyway, for me, this could be the smell of innocence too, along with this image of love. I used to hate it but now, I just can feel the fondness here: the etheral love or the motherly one. Both are sublime and here.

Conforting, kind and classic. My grandmother used to use it.

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

Anais Anais is one of my favorite perfumes because it's a very complex fragrance, with contrasting (but harmonic) levels... not only for young (innocent?!) girls, and not a simple gentle, floral fragrance. The advertising campaign, with schoolgirls jumping and dancing among pink petals, is totally misleading. But let's come to the scent...

On my skin it changes as the hours passes: it begins with an explosion of white flowers with a citrus touch, and turns gradually into a creamy melody, more and more intense and sensual, in which I can feel the fragrance of incense and sandalwood wisely blended with a tasty scent of amber and even honey... a very intriguing fragrance to me, also due to the very intensive presence of leather, which is often ignored by many people.
The first phase (the floral one) is a little too sweet to my nose, and even though many people who smell my wrists like it very much, I appreciate it, but if it weren't that interesting citrus note, I wouldn't love it after all...
This phase doesn't last more than 5-10 minutes... soon it is gradually replaced by the more intense second phase, and this is the moment in which I really begin to enjoy Anais in all its voluptuosness! I love the way in which my skin fits Anais like a warm, intimate, velvety embrace... sometimes I'm tempted to think that my skin is impregnated with ambrosia, and I'd even like to "eat" it!
My partner gets crazy for Anais, it is definitely his favorite one... and many colleagues told me that I was wearing such a sexy perfume, without knowing that it was indeed Anais...
Even if Anais Anais is an EDT, the sillage is great, and the lasting power is quite good on my skin.
I think that the main characteristic of Anais, despite of the first fresh floral notes, is an intense, long lasting, warm and sensual scent... I guess amber and leather notes are two of the most important components (next to oakmoss, incense and sandalwood) thanks to which Anais is not merely a perfume for little, innocent girls, but a fragrance for charming women with a deep personality.

One of the most popular fragrance, but also one of the most misunderstood.
I definitely love it!

nikkirose
nikkirose

I borrowed a line from a film to describe Anais Anais. The geniuses behind this fragrance "crossed oceans of time" to give us this remarkable scent... Oh, Anais Anais... The mystery of incense, the lolita of white lily and the strangeness of leather... too much of scent pleasure. My personal rule: will spray on my skin once, spraying it twice would be a sin.... Anais Anais once in thirty days.

StavrouliMitsi
StavrouliMitsi

THE floral perfume!!!!
I just love it, it is Cacharel's most clasic perfume, and i believe no matter if someone is a floral lover or not, she would agree that this one is just pefrect!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

If there's one thing that can be said about Anaïs Anaïs, it's that it has definitely earned its status as a classic.

Love it or hate it, the scent has been popular for over 30 years and even now I constantly smell it on women of all ages.

Unfortunately, this is not a scent that I was ever able to love, or even like really.

There is something in this that has a negative physical effect on me...and I get a chemical note from that is overwhelming.

Still, despite my own personal dislike for it, I can admire the fact that it's still going strong.

Cacharel seemed to master the art of huge 80's fragrances with ones like this and Lou Lou. It's a shame that neither of them work for me.

Decodawn

Reminds me of when I was 14 years old, 30 years ago, a lovely innocent, fresh floral fragrance. A beautiful rose about to bloom.

MaggieKat

This is the first fragrance I ever used. My dad gave it to me as a 12th birthday present. I have very fond memories of it. I do like it a lot.

Lushylori
Lushylori

Smells more like an expensive face cream rather than a perfume scent.
I don't hate it but I definitely don't like it.

türkân.ali
türkân.ali

I hate this perfume because I have bad memories of you. I was little one of my friends who is wetting at night smelled this perfume in school..... horror ....

karaaslang
karaaslang

anais anais has this special dosage that you should put on. more of this dosage, it becomes like a poison, you feel like you are suffocating in this smell,very very uncomfortabe.The right dosage though will make you distinct! purely floral and creamy and mmmm very very delicious...romantic to the bone.

Jellybean
Jellybean

freshly picked lilies, white flowers and touch of powder. nostalgic scent for me.
cacharel makes some of the best scents ever!

lister
lister

Seriously,it's a perfume of memories.Childhood,garden,flowers...Very innocent and light.I wouldn't wear it,but it's incredibly good as a perfume base for body lotion.

cinsot
cinsot

I found a dusty bottle of the EDP for sale today. This is the Anais Anais I remember wearing in the eighties! Gosh it's divine.

I am having a eureka moment with my newly acquired bottle of AA EDP. I really had forgotten just how wonderful this smells.

Oh, and the memories! Don't you love it when an accurate olfactive memory surfaces and places you exactly in that moment in time?

I am not that person anymore but I can smile fondly at her in her over-applied Anais Anais.

A truly wonderful unexpected rediscovery.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I get only carnation from it, and while I like it as a flower, I simply cannot wear it as a fragrance. I love classics, but this is one that smells dated to me.

Bandit
Bandit

The galbanum opening is very nice, but it dries down quickly and than all goes the wrong direction. Even more unbearable, that everybody seems to overapply. At least, it is very uncommon nowadays to smell it by accident.

It's really wrong for me. I don't like Cacharel. Not my style. Over the top.

username123
username123

I cant believe a fragrance as strong as this one was targeted for teenagers. I don't like fragrances with too many notes - it gets heavier, loses its focus like many oldschool fragrances. 8 or less is better. After all, you may smell more than one note from one ingredients, so why add many?

eilismaireg

I kept going back to smell this old trooper so many times that I decided to buy it. I have the EDP rather than the more common EDT and I found a satisfying difference between the two. This one still has the soapiness, but it really is reminiscent of Paloma Picasso, with less brightness than the EDT and is more of a soapy leather scent with a floral aspect. I really like this and am very pleased to re-discover this consistently good and now, classic scent.

SheShe
SheShe

No, no, no. A few years ago I got Anais Anais body balm as a gift. It was awful. The fragrance was heavy, old-fashioned, sour, sad... Lots of white flowers and the air in a room of an old lady, it was sad somehow. I didn't know how but I used the balm in total - perhaps it happened because I didn't have much perfume from the higer shelf then.

Koukla190
Koukla190

I love soft florals so I tried this, but this was just waaay too old fashioned smelling. I like florals that smell fresh, clean, pretty... This smelled very MUSTY on me, like an old dusty cabinet filled with doilies, like I could actually smell DUST, or dusting powder, I wanted to sneeze! haha! And it was also waay too green, a little greenness is nice as it adds freshness, but this was too green and it stung my nose. I don't think this is a sexy, alluring fragrance at all, it just smells old and stale...

mystica
mystica

Some perfumes are like wine I believe. The more you let them mature the better they get.

That was the case with my bottle of Anais Anais. Some 4 years after purchase, smelling it mesmerizes me. Unbelievable, but that fresh bouquet of white flowers now smells like funeral flowers, withered, yet as beautiful -maybe more- as before, this time with a distinctive aroma. Just like the flowers left on a grave, or a crematorium, and you smell them after a while, even if they lose their freshness they still fill the atmosphere with their smells. It suddenly seemed hard to describe this, but I never thought of Anais Anais could ever smell Goth in such a unique way. The patchouli note is still there, but not as fresh as initially it was, this time it adds a different depth to those funeral flowers. Anais Anais in this form is certainly darkly divine, and nevertheless Angelic still.

oxm
oxm

Hello, today I want to talk about Anais Anais by Cacharel, a flowery scent to say the least, because the first perception is something very warm and enveloping, especially in the flowers that are white jasmine or lily, the effect is pleasant (in my heart of reminds Calandre by Paco Rabanne), but during the whole of the persistence of the traditional bouquet of flowers that effect reached florist vases where the petals give off their fragrance with great generosity, in the final is gently dust it gently fades like a sunset that meets the stars .
Innocent and very feminine.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

I have had this when i was in my teenyears. Little 7ml sample bottle. I loved it!
I just got this 50ml bottle as a gift. Great opportunity to reminisce old memories.
Oh my. Elegant white flowers. It has all my favorite flowers; lily of the valley, tuberose and hyacinth. Only mimosa is missing...
It's strong on my skin at first, but does settle down eventually. Great for everyday-occasions. Doesn't offend anyone. (If it does, he/she is scent-allergic.)
Suits for women in every age. (i always thought it was only for innocent teens....!)

calliope07
calliope07

"bitter-innocent floral" with an edge as another poster said. One of the nicer really floral scents but there are others I like better.

RavynG
RavynG

this is one of the most complex perfumes I have ever experienced. I am never sure which notes will come through on my skin, but it is always pleasant. I smell very sweet fresh florals at first with a hint of something that reminds me of licorice--maybe it is the leather or resin? This instantly transports me to nostalgic wonderful times, I feel sexy and timeless. I could wear this scent 100 years from now and it would still fit. I imagine a french woman sitting at her vanity in her lacy underwear surrounded by bouquets of flowers wearing leather gloves...

Sleuthcity
Sleuthcity

Horrible. It makes my nose bleed every time I smell it. My poor Dad bought it for me for my graduation. He had no idea that I would have such a strong allergic reaction. Neither did I. I one had to leave a party because there was a woman wearing it there. No kidding my nose bleeds.

ION
ION

Most people I know, argued a lot about how this wonderful 80's perfume was actually pronounced. You'll be surprised when you find out that most probably, you spell it wrong as well!
Anyway, "Anais Anais" was a marvellously marketed perfume that whispers quality from a mile away! Everything from the coloured pencil flower design on the package to the inspirational porcelain-like bottle and the delicate, discreet and unique scent inside, is more art than a product made for the masses.
It is one of the very few perfumes that actually put you in a specific mood before even you apply it on your skin!
The TV commercial and poster that marked its launch revealed the perfume's 3 main qualities in a wonderful manner.
Floral, powdery and tender, with a hint of unspoken sin very abstractly suggested.
This is a perfume made by men who love women!

A note: the 'eau de parfum' edition is very true to the 'eau de toilette' but more intense and with greater longevity.

melinamelp
melinamelp

my mother introduced this perfume to me. i used to like it, until realised that this one is too floral and too intense for me. Makes sometimes headache. But still it's delicious and classic feminine for summer time or autumn.

ydee
ydee

Anais Anais has been a lot of years my signature scent after it came out, I loved it then and still love it very much.
This is one of the best floral fragrances I ever had and did wear it in spring as well in winter.
The composition of florals smell like magnolia on my skin, it is a very fresh romantic scent and bit powdery.
It lasts not as long as the first issue at my skin and is less stronger. I went trough several bottles.
Than I used a bottle Yves Rocher Magnolia in between and it is almost identical on my skin.

derkargy
derkargy

tender and soft...but not my style.Weak lasting power on my skin

Annelien1987

Powdery white floral. Excellent, elegant and classic. I love the smell on me in the winter time. Very sophisticated and feminine. This is NOT old fashioned or for old ladies! I'm 24 and I've been wearing it for years. It's for any age.

acidburn
acidburn

People, I'm in love! What else can I say?
I've just discovered Anais Anais and will never use other perfume. It's so distinctive, unlike anything else. Dreamy, light as a cloud, spring-like and romantic.
Love at first sniff. (boy, do I love the hyacinth in it!)This one is for me.
update: I bought it and it smells heavenly. However, I find the sillage to be minimum, which is a dissapointment

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This perfume is just mediocre. I do not think I would purchase it, nor would I wear it. It is just TOO powdery for my little nose. I have smelt it on people and it can be gorgeous. I just find it to have a weird "vintage" edge to it that my skin does not agree with.

Aredore
Aredore

A white, spicy carnation that is perhaps a tad too spare, sour and powdery to pass with today's girls, despite it's pleasant, soapy realism. I have a scent memory connecting Anais Anais to my pediatricians office when I was barely four years old. It bears the same scrubbed and sterile aesthetic, without being unpleasant.

krmarich
krmarich

This wrapped up the 1970s as every school girl passionately sprayed it liberally. It is innocent(really?), white(pink), and really a powerhouse scent that cannot be forgotten.

Ironically, I am also surprised that it escaped reformulation! Cacherel must have some pull to keep it intact. This was as late as a 2005 batch and it may have been changed since then. The oakmoss was turned down somewhat, yet everything else was still shouting powerhouse!

It has not lost its youthful flirtation nature. It this is worn is schools today, you may get sent home! Its actually perfect for brides who like outdoor weddings.

Celebrity=Brook Shields

Aprilily
Aprilily

I wore this in high school in the early 80's. Very age appropriate, but also great for anyone who likes soft florals-I don't think this scent has an age limit, it is a classic.

floszra
floszra

This is my grandma's signature scent, but usually she puts on too much, so it can be really choking. This fragrance is a tipical case when you have to leanrn the appropriate way to wear it. If you don't do that, it can be awful. In my opinion, it smells elegant and perfect on a wet and rainy day during spring.:) Great sillage and lasting power, and the White Lily and Lily of the Valley notes are strong. Be careful with the dosage!

TWebb
TWebb

One of my first sophisticated perfume purchases after graduating from college when I earned my own money. Mellow, understated floral and not overly sweet ( gardenia, jasmine, lily of the valley). I still like it and buy it as a basic scent as it is not much of a stand out. Good for Spring.

christina2015
christina2015

I like this perfume but not love it. It smells warm, fresh of flowers and sweet. It smells also nice but it's not my favorite. It can makes you headache if you spray so much and it will bother others. But if you only spray it a little bit, I think it's ok. Test it before buying it. If you buy it online without testing it, I advice you not to buy this perfume, because maybe this is not the smell you're looking for

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

Pleasant but powdery. Dislike the choice of name.
Still keeping a beautful anais anais silver box which I received for Christmas when I was 9 yrs old containing a scarf (orignially contained the gift set). Still have the scarf too come to think of it!

TawnyMoon
TawnyMoon

I wore this in the early 1980's on my wedding day. Its not one of the love me/hate me fragrances but a gentle every day floral that doesn't shout for attention!. Sickly sweet? definitely not!, powdery/soapy maybe? but on a summers day it would be perfect. Probably wouldn't buy again but if given a bottle I would certainly wear :)

gsp
gsp

I've read this perfume divides people into two groups: those who say it's a light floral feminine scent and those who say it's an old lady scent. Unfortunately, I'm in the second group. This perfume makes my stomach churn because to me it smells like soap and cold sweat. I'm sorry but I can't help it. I can get used to the smell but everytime I smell it "unprepaired" the impression is the same. I think I should stay away from hiacynth and incense unless my nose changes.

Ditto25
Ditto25

I used to LOVE this! I don't know why it isn't something I would usually wear. I wore it a lot a few years ago. I was told multiple times I smelled like a grandma so I stopped wearing it. I noticed a lady at work with it recently and I couldn't help but still be attracted to the smell. I would not wear it now, my taste have changed a bit but I can see myself coming back to it in the future.

Pari88
Pari88

My beautiful, strong, always happy mommy uses this perfume, shes been using it for decades. I love it because its her scent. I always feel like only my mom can smell like this, Ive never even bothered spraying it on, it would lose that specialty it has to it....so dont even try it! Its her scent! lol
Although others say it is common, I really have not smelled this on anyone else. It is flowery, powdery, slightly musky and incensey, really everything in one sort of scent, all the while retaining its theme of WHITE.
When I was younger my sister and I studied abroad for two years, and when we would go into our sleeping chamber at night we would hug a scarf my mom would wear that was sprayed with this. We would hug the scarf and smell it all night long until we would eventually stop crying and go to sleep (boarding schools suck, don't send your kids!) :-)
It smells like what a mother should smell like; Honesty, Strength, Kindness, Purity. It truly is your moms perfume in the best way possible.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

My mom used this parfum in her single time.. she used to love it.. now not anymore.. me either i never liked.. maybe is my skin.. i dnt know.. !!!

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

A nice, fresh perfume (at least for me). It reminds me of the of a spring back in Boston, after the rain, when you breathe in the fresh, clean air with floral and woodsy notes in it. But somehow the sweetness starts to annoy me sometimes. And it doesn't last that long. I'd give it 4 out of 5.

Awatef
Awatef

i adore this - defiantly a cool fresh smell Anais Anais is like winter with lilys its light, cold, just refreshing to breath in it cools your soul and thoughts I think it’s a very welcoming, soft and just purifying

LaGari
LaGari

Smells like the 80s. Smells like mother.
Smells like vague childhood memories trapped in an old musty box.

Slightly sweet. Strong but tender. Powdery and fresh.
It has the same powdery quality that a lot of 80s perfumes have.
This is a simple fragrance that's simple to describe.

But, barely has any impact on me personally.
Longevity - Poor (on my skin anyway)
Projection - O.K.

agi
agi

I smell this in perfume store,because my husbands aunt ask buy for her..i cant imagine this perfume wear young girl.For me its too sharp,strong and old fashion.I be honest first when i smell this perfume in my head i tot - old ladys perfume.Sorry for everyone who like this perfume,i don't mean nothing bad,but this is what ome in my head when i firt smell this perfume.

lilou
lilou

It's like a big bunch of white flowers. It's powdery and incense is very noticeable. Full of charm, subtle and feminine. I would say for every women because it's an "old" perfume, classic. I like it.

Mandana
Mandana

Anais is one of those "in your face" sickenly sweet but safe florals that every woman and girl seemed to be wearing in the early 80's. It was the absolute opposite of perfumes like "Opium" which at the time were deemed as being darkly sensuous and erotic rather in contrast to Anais where women only smelled powdery, floral and sweetly pleasant.I kept receiving Anais every year from well-meaning Aunts for Christmas, as it was presumably a "safe and sweet" and non-erotic perfume to give to another female!! I tried it but disliked it immediately as it stuck to my skin like cheap bubble gum mixed with the scent of cheap flowers that even a long hot shower couldnt shift LOL. I could not understand why any woman would actually enjoy this perfume and ended up giving every bottle away. Dreadful!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

My ALL TIME favorite fragrance. Floral has been mentioned but to my way of thinking it is more inclined towards woody/green fragrance with certainly some great floral notes in the background. It is a best female scent made by Cacharel. Its evergreen aroma undoubtedly pleases everyone who comes under its spell. Enchanting and mesmerizing. smell it! and u'll be bewitched. Fresh like a morning dew. It can easily compliment any beautiful lady in the world irrespective to her age.
Wearable in any season but smells great at dawn and at dusk.
I give it 9 out of 10.

servana
servana

I've had this perfume for many years & i've never really liked it. I wanted to, seeing as it was a gift, but it's just really not my taste. It smells *very* strongly of white florals & as with most overly floral perfumes, there's almost a hint of something spicy in there. But luckily that fades away upon the dry-down. It definitely has that "expensive moisturizer" smell. It smells like a lot of high-end moisturizers I have owned. It's a very rich scent. Quite strong. I find it overbearingly floral but upon the dry-down the scent mellows out & becomes slightly creamy, if you know what I mean.

I just checked out the notes & i'm not surprised that it smells overly floral! So many different floral notes! This one definitely smells of jasmine & upon the drydown it almost becomes smoky, which must be the incense. All in all, this is a very French scent to me. Strong, rich & floral.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

My husband loves this scent on me and it has marvelous staying power. Downfall is if you spary too much you get an all day headache.

SimplyGolden
SimplyGolden

Aw...I love the scent! It makes me think of my mama. It's her signature scent. It's exquisitely light and airy and very floral. The epitome of femininity...just like my mama.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

It smells dated well lets say vintage at first spray, but why do I like this? I just cant stop sniffing my wrist. I am not sure if its too old style or not, but,I like it alot. Maybe I should buy a 30ml. Can I get away with wearing this? Help!

ashyashy
ashyashy

I wanna get it but im not a floral person, i wanna know how strong the EDP if compare to EDT...and is there any difference between the EDp anmd EPT for this perfume? Some could be very different, so im struggling....
advices please :)

Letylda
Letylda

I can't explaine what is magical about in this scent but I love it. I feel again like little girl on playground.

bubblem3
bubblem3

Puede oler bien en una persona pero mucho cuidado con las sobre aplicaciones, ya que puede resultar fatal :S Con dos gotas estas mas que lista.. dura.. dura y no deja de durar... no es para mi. Espero que a alguien no se le ocurra la espantosa idea de regalarme este perfume! HE DICHO!

Maeva
Maeva

Quite a dated bottle, but I still like it. Once again, the magic of perfume makes us travel in time. Oh the soft pastels from the 80s! If it were not for its final leather kick, one could even say Anaïs Anaïs smells a bit soft pastel too. By the way, it is from 1978, but this does not mean it’s only good for old ladies!! It’s not only for young women either, as the brand implies in their ads. I know women from all age groups who just adore this scent! We seem to be very prejudiced as to the age of Anaïs’s target consumer, but I just think Anaïs is perfect for floral lovers of any age, even though Cacharel decided that girlhood and (loss of) innocence would be the leitmotivs of this fragrance.

Maybe Anaïs’s unique personality could be related to the changes in the concept of femininity in the 70s. When this fragrance hit the market, this concept had been changing considerably for 20 years. The Western woman from the late 1970s had conquered rights like birth control, but was still struggling (alas, we still are) against the traditional cliché of feminine innocence, which needed to be revised because of the emergence of new female approaches to sex, motherhood, adolescence, etc. Anaïs Nin had died in 1977, during the fragrance’s creative process, and so the brand decided to name it after that great author, not surprisingly: from her early writing, we can see her evolve from child to young woman, to become one of the first women writers to explore the new relationship between womanhood and desire. So Anaïs Anaïs, which is not altogether the innocent fragrance it is supposed to be (its white lily note, more conspicuously carnal than “pure”, and the bluntness of its final animalic leather note don’t seem naïve at all) took its name from that great woman that once embodied the two sides of the new female adolescent in her two facets: the naïve girl from her candid early journals and the outspoken vindicator of women’s right to pleasure.

Like many of us, now Anaïs Anaïs is no longer the beauty it was back in 1978, but it retains its essentially alluring powdery sweetness and discreet but outstanding sensuality. It’s not surprising that we girls from the 80s keep coming back to this juice, to check that, even if we have changed in all those years, we are still essentially the same young women we were back then, only the passing of time has somehow “reformulated” us too…

stereomari
stereomari

I can see why people like it. It´s very delicate. But it´s just not for me. I think it has too many flower notes and it´s very powdery too. FLOWER POWDER.

Sourneli
Sourneli

sweet 16!!!! I loved it!!!! It was perfect for young me:) I'm experienced now (the other way to say that I'm not young any more:))and I like more sofisticated and oriental sents:)

I see why many like it so much. It has this powdery touch to it that at the moment seems to be very modern. It's a clean floral for younger girls.

MsRachael
MsRachael

Far too strong for my tastes - overpowering, a little like being punched in the face by a flower garden. It seems to wear well on other people, but I find it makes my eyes water and my head hurt, even when used sparingly.

judeaqua
judeaqua

I think this scent was made keeping in mind romantic porcelain Greek Goddesses, dressed in sheer (see through) white flowing gowns laced with pastel shades of green and blush red... White from the florals, pastel green from the mild citrus... Blush from a touch of light soft leather (maybe the Goddesses own skin from the see-through garment)... The final result is somethin you will never forget in your lifetime...nor will your guy ever forget it.. one of the most unique scents... I find it to be fresh clean delicate Opal-like if opal had a scent when you hold it up against the light and see shades of pink and green.

sofiii
sofiii

Anais Anais is such a lovely, light, somewhat shy-in-a-classic-novel-way perfume.
I didn’t like it much when I first smelt it and thought it’s purely weird because I’m a gene-Y and the perfumes which got me to know the perfume world are those commercially sweet fruity floral.
However, even tho I ‘disliked’ it, there was something really intriguing in this perfume which kept me going back to smell it.

About the scent, if a type of carefree, relaxed, innocent nothingness had a smell, it would be Anais Anais, it’s like a breeze, not with the conventional grassy or fruity notes (I’m thinking about Daisy, which is an overly artificial nightmare to me); it smells artificial, but in a really good way, it doesn’t really smell like anything from nature, but like an artificial manmade white chiffon dress in nature, which makes me feel nature is closer than ever—the feel is captured quite lovely by the commercial here.

A little bit later, the scent becomes slightly less cold, and slightly more powdery and sweeter in a light floral-woody way, along the line of Iris and other similar flowers.

The final dry down is just warmer, and more powdery, but not like the soapy powdery, it’s just simple floral powdery feeling here. Good news to me, I can’t smell any animalist or leather notes here.

Generally speaking Anais Anais is quite linear with slight nuance. It last quite long on my skin, more than 12 hours. However, only the first 3-4 hours, it has some sillage, after that, it stays quite close to the skin.

Lovely perfume, a totally lovable floral perfume which doesn't scream, everyone should have some in her/his the wardrobe :-) and there will be a day when you feel like some Anais Anais.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

This was my mom's perfume throughout most of my grade school years. It always smelled great on her, like the colors on the bottle, a subtle blush and green. It never quite worked on me--it was a bit irritating and synthetic, and the florals weren't sweet enough, somehow. I may not have liked the perfume, but I loved the bottle I had. Mom let me have her EdT with a silver screw-top bottle--it wasn't a spray. I loved those flowers on the bottle and it was fun trying to get the right amount of EdT on myself. I never really wore it out--just at home when I was playing dress-up.

sophisticated
sophisticated

mom bought it for me and i simply love it, it smells great on her too, i love it when i smell a perfume and recognize it right away, uniqueness ^^ even if it was a light perfume and i normally go for strong ones; but if it's unique then it's a keeper

Louw
Louw

The first perfume ever given to me (by my first love, as it happens! Never had the heart to tell him I didn't like it!!) Very heady, crisp white floral that subsides to be sharply grassy. I don't detect any of the base notes, ever. Somehow it never gets beyond the sharpness on my skin.

I love to smell it on other people, however.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

The first perfume I ever purchased, and this beautiful floral is so entwined with memories of my late teens and early 20s that I'm loathe to say anything negative about it. This is a bright and slightly brash floral, with a heady mix of flowers. The white lily was always the most predominant on me. I always felt that this fragrance showed class and intelligence. Full-on sillage and good durability all felt like part of the confident statement this perfume made.

I don't buy this perfume now, proving perhaps that you can have too much of a good thing?

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I agree with ladymom59. I would never turn down a fragrance based on the era it is from or because it's "dated" or "old lady". "Dated" to you might be "classic" to me, and I know a lot of classy "old ladies". Many of these gorgeous perfumes were special in a young lady's or beautiful woman's life. Who am I to look down upon that? And why miss a treasure because of prejudice? Ridiculous! Many things considered beautiful now, and rightfully so, will one day be considered "dated" to some, but will still be considered beautiful to those who love them. I will always love this perfume because it reminds me of my mother. It is a very pretty scent, and I consider it floral and somewhat spicy. And the bottle is gorgeous.

xoxdarkstarrxox
xoxdarkstarrxox

This is one of my all time favorite scents! I first got this when I was about 17 or 18 years old, and now, many years later, I still love this scent and would buy it again and again.

There is something so delicate, lush, and sweet about this perfume, it just totally captures my idea of femininity. It's perfect for daytime, and not too strong or bold.

It just makes me totally happy when I wear it. :)

olga1780
olga1780

I have a long term love relationship with AnaisAnais. Great for summer with a bright flowery dress! I remember getting tons of compliments when wearing it. They key is not to overdo it.
Couldn't agree more with Ladymom59 on the "old lady" stuff. Indeed, this phrase expresses nothing but close-mindedness.Better say that you just don't like it, clear and simple. By the way, i purchased many of those fragrances that are branded "old lady" and they turned out to be the most exquisite and beautiful in my collection.

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

I like Anais Anais. It's a beautiful powdery floral. There is something familiar about it -like deodarant spray, but in a good way. I'm a 80's baby so this fragrance was so common that I assumed it was deodarant as a child. lol. Not in love with this, but I like it.

Ladymom59
Ladymom59

Every time I want to see reviews of a perfume, there are tons of people saying that is for old ladies, or simple too 80,s, 70's of 50's, blah, blah, blah...What's a matter with people?. I think a smell is not old or new...it is only a success or a failure; besides, all the smells are created equal, with different intentions, and ingredients, thanks to the fantasy, love and creativity of perfumists and designers...thanks God for them! If a perfume is from 1926, and still in the stores, good for the House that sells it! That is not a perfume but a treasure!
Remember this: The women that still wear all those old perfumes were also girls in their times... the girls of this time will be old too (with luck and good care of themselves,of course).
Grandma used to wear Chantecleer of Caron, never more in the markets (what a shame!)I was a little girl and still remember the smell and the people giving her lots of compliments...
My mom used to wear Chanel No 5, which is not a perfume, but THE PERFUME (for me, of course)...still a sign of good taste and distinction (sorry for the people that reject all that is old)...Both fragrances are exquisite and classic... A person can like or dislike a fragrance but labeling a fragrance is just not fear.

Yamile
Yamile

The first edition was awesome, I had it in the early eighties (80's), flowery, divine, and I recall some men asked me "umm, nice, what perfume is that?" .."I want to buy it for my sister..."..well...in the nineties (90's) it changed, it wasn't the same, it became too strong, with an intoxicating after smell. I miss the original edition.

kgb1_nz
kgb1_nz

I think this was the first perfume I ever owned, back when I was a teenager just beginning my hunt for my signature fragrance (one that hasn't been completed yet, sadly).
Lovely but I couldn't wear it anymore.

glamrose
glamrose

This is suitable for very feminine, delicate ladies. My roommate in college used to own this and talks more about her personality. It is quite romantic, no wonder why her boyfriend is head over heels with her.

NNN
NNN

I didn't find Anais Anais neither clean nor refreshing. Considering the reviews and advertisings, I was expecting something very girly, soft and romantic.
It's not a bad fragrance, is very floral, long lasting, feminine and beatiful. But I find it maybe a little bit too '80s for my taste. I also think that the incense note is very strong and a bit overpowering.
Wouldn't buy it for myself but, if someone ever gives me a bottle of Anais Anais, I would certainly use it!
Good, but not my cup of tea.

beachbunny17
beachbunny17

The reason I bought this perfume is because I love the name...unfortunately I can't say the the same about the scent...I really wanted to love it but it's just too "old-lady-ish"...it's definitely sweet smelling but way too powdery for me...on the plus side the scent does last.

Matin
Matin

the fourth picture (the ad) describes exactly what gives me this perfume. A magnificent floral powdery, sophisticated and profound that makes you travel to elegant and refined young ladies toilets dreamy. However I can not take it, is a beautiful fragrance but I feels like a costume, so save this for dreaming:)

Aureliev
Aureliev

Le fleuri par excellence : une belle brassée de fleurs blanches emmenées par la belle jacinthe. On le qualifie trop injustement de parfum pour ado. Non non et non, ce parfum est juste SUBLIME! et dans l'air du temps, toujours...

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Fresh, floral, clean, perfect for Spring. Very bright & refreshing. I enjoy the EDT a great deal better than the EDP, which is heavier & a bit mustier. I like the lightness & freshness of EDT better. This has been a lifelong favorite perfume for me (since I was 14).

Sparks
Sparks

I bought this in a moment of weakness from a very persuasive SA (never buy anything unless it haunts you enough to make you go back to get it). It's not a bad scent and I do like it, but I don't love it. It's a sweet floral, suitable for spring and summer, especially when you need something inoffensive for a wedding or something. Unfortunately, sweet florals really aren't my thing and my bottle will last me forever.

paula68
paula68

one of the first scents of my life, I remember when I was a teen ager! I gave it to a classmate's birthday!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I went to test this and thought going in that it would more "old lady" smelling but much to my surprise I actually loved it. The initial first couple of sprays were pretty strong but once the dry down occurs it is pure bliss. Love it love it! Clean and nice!

Lady Love
Lady Love

Anais Anais has a surprising amount of depth..

A light white floral which reminds me of green apples soaps. It's so elegant and innocent, with beautiful sillage and is very longlasting.

mimosabee
mimosabee

Reminds me of the goddesses in Greek mythology

I love Anais.. very feminine and floral.Love the way intoxicating hyacinth balances the citruses in the opening tones.

passionata20

Used to love it before the reedition, but now i can´t stand it! It became very harsh and too bitter! Too much orange again in it, makes me sick! If i get lucky i will find some old version of this in EDP, then i can be happy again.

Annelien1987

Timeless, one of the best perfumes.
Everyone likes this one,it's just subtle but everytime I wear it, it's a suprise. I love it!

one of my favorite romance perfumes. from the strongish first spicy/floral spray to the lighter flowery/amber/lavender dry down. still a classic.

mediterranean
mediterranean

In my early twenties all the young ladies and teens in Spain wore this. My best friend was completely hooked on it. I still love it. It brings back lovely memories and I use it at weekends when I want to remember the glorious old days.

Lilyrose
Lilyrose

The smell of the eighties!! Light fresh flowery transparent. Typical for young girls. Still like it, but would not wear it anymore. Loved the dreamy commercial. When I smell this I am right back at school...

Stacy O
Stacy O

Wow! Such a "love it or hate it" fragrance based upon the reviews. I share the same basic story as all the other lovers of Anais Anais...I started wearing it in the late 80's in high school (I was captivated by the fashion magazine advertising) and fell completely in love with the fragrance upon smelling it in the department store. It was much too expensive for me at the time, but my friend's mother had a bottle that she graciously gave to me...and I made that large dab-on bottle last an eternity. To this day (I'm almost 40 years old) I still wear it, but I much prefer the dab on bottle, not the spray; the spray doesn't give of the initial impression that I fell in love with years ago. My husband loves this scent on me so I continue to wear it. It is so unique and different from anything new out there today. I'm so glad it's still around!

Valentino
Valentino

I only knew of a few women's perfumes when I was growing up. I can clearly remember LouLou, Anais Anais, Poison, No.5 and Opium. I think there was a trade embargo on all other frags at that time but don't quote me on that! Of course, as a young man, I found all women's perfumes alluring, but Anais Anais is the one which really captured my imagination.

I remember it as being more heady than it is now; more of an intoxicating knock-out, but the basic character is still intact. AA appears to be a study in concealment and disguise, a warm and sensual heart of mystery and feminine passion lurking beneath the veneer of respectability.

Most of this veneer is created by the opening florals. As others here have mentioned, they are a little cold and maybe even severe. It's as if the hyacinth, lily and citrus have been left out on the porch in the wintertime and caught an icy frosting so it all smells 'white' and slightly monochromatic.

It doesn't take long for this frost to melt, and gradually a warmth infuses the midnotes. There are yet more florals; mostly lily of various types, gardenia, jasmine and a now defrosted hyacinth! I detect a hint of sweetness, but not sweet as in today's frags, this is a seductive 'come closer to me because I'm so very interesting' sweetness.

All the while this scent manages to remain both fresh and uplifting in its own enigmatic way. The base of leather and incense only adds to the mystery until finally, you are completely within her embrace.

I guess I can't find anything wrong with this perfume, except that it does remind me of various wonderful women from my past who have had to give up their creative and artistic dreams for a more humdrum existence. I only hope they haven't given up wearing Anais Anais!

eilismaireg

hard to wear if you are over 35, as you will definately have connotations attached to it. It is a bitter-innocent floral with an edge, a flower with a thorn in the slightly soapy 70's style. It reminds me of crushed dandelions after rain and will be the first perfume I will buy for my daughter when she is old enough. I wish more young girls would discover it instead of wearing such sugar soaked rubbish.

biba-bohemia
biba-bohemia

This is my No.1 perfume. I have run out (hopefully not for long) but I keep the bottle to smell it's luscious scent from time to time. Floral, warm & with a mature prettiness. It reminds me of happiness. I recieved this perfume as a gift a few Christmas's ago and it takes me back to that joyous annual occasion & seasonal magic. I adore it, nothing else on the market smells quite like this, it's total unique.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

Anais Anais was created in 1978 and I was born in 1978, too. It's all about my childhood. So many women wore it then. I can imagine Madonna, singing 'Like a virgin' and dancing and wearing this one... It's not for me - I'm not a big sharp floral frag fan - but it makes me smile and can't hate it. It's unmistakable.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Anais Anais is all about the white flowers on my skin, the first seconds I can smell the lemon, but then its a gourgeous white flowers bouquet that prevails until the woody musky drydown. It was my first perfume, my dad's ex brought me this one from France and for me this perfume was like winnig the jackpot. I used this one everyday, since 6/7 years until I was 13. Great memories. For me its a really nice perfume for kids and for bedtime. I love it. Unfortunatly my dear husband cant stop snizing when Im wearing AA so I dont wear it for a long time. Beautifull fragrance 5*

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I had heard so many people rave about this that I thought I might give it a try one day. Powder, powder and more powder. Very dull indeed.

Naina
Naina

I like to wear it, but my best friend unfortunately says it does smell on me like old woman. Anyway, I don´t care about this!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Anais Anais semlls quite classic-floral, it must be popular in its launch times.

But for me, the first spritz already makes me heady. I've been on the chase of a classic perfume as my signature scent for a long time, but sorry, Anais Anais is not my destiny.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Of course Anais Anais seems old fashioned and too strong , it's an eighties perfume. Everybody wore it to school or to go out to party back in the 80s and now it's had it's day. I like it still but it brings back memories . I still remember that when someone was wearing it that we would ask them if they were had on that anus anus perfume. I hope no one calls it that anymore but that's what I remember about Anais Anais.

Yumm
Yumm

Beautiful bottle, big headache. I simply cannot wear this perfume as it makes me physically ill.

Juma
Juma

Green floral to me, with "old soul" from eighties.
Harsh beginning, heavy flower scent, any citruses noticed to make fresh and a lot of leather which I hate-obviously my chemistry works.
Not for me!

Kiku
Kiku

How can such a beautiful, delicate, work-of-art bottle hold such an awful fragrance?! The opening notes are lovely: citrus and lily, light and sparkling. But the dry down turns intense and overwhelming, full of smoke and leather. A jarring ending to a perfume that starts with such feminine promise.

vuelo
vuelo

I smell enchanted white heavy bulgarian roses and quince. Wonderful! Very romantic and nostalgic, it smells more vintage than it actually is.

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

This is a Classic and Timeless fragrance. Its THE ONE fragrance that greeted me in my youth and followed me into adulthood. Its a scent you NEVER grow out of or tire from. Anais Anais is my Neverland.

maatgirl
maatgirl

This was my first 'real' fragrance, and, despite the adolescent connotations it holds for so many people, I believe it is a great fragrance. The proof for me is that I wore it during some of the most difficult and depressing times in my life, yet I can still appreciate the fragrance for what it is... a wonderful clean, peppery floral. If Anais Anais is a teenager, though, she is Nabakov's Lolita...innocent on the outside but a vixen within. I still wear this one occasionally, and I will share it with my daughters too...when they are ready for it.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

A true classic. Fresh, floral, feminine and beautiful. Suits all age groups. Can be worn day or night. Always in my perfume collection, It has become a good friend who never lets me down. The secret of this perfume is to spray lightly, too much of a spray can be overwhelming. Sillage excellent, a bottle lasts for a long time depending how often you use it . Good for any season. When I dither in what perfume to wear, I always reach for this one 'my reliable friend'.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

The hyacinth is definitely the most accentuated note in this perfume. If you love the flower, you will love the perfume. It's all delicacy and diaphanous lightness. Perfect for early summer. In my view, it perfectly completes the image of a sylphide-like adolescent girl. I imagine it along with a white, transparent chiffon dress.

Nemia
Nemia

Too white for me. I had it as a teenager and remember the beautiful, magic advertisements everywhere - but it never really suited me. White flowers are not my thing, although I love floral. But like I can't wear white, I can't wear white flowers. So big disappointment for young Nemia in the early 80s. I would have loved to be Anais Anais compatible but alas, I wasn't.

I do remember though a very long journey on a night train. I had begun the trip to Scandinavia with my brother but on the way, we quarrelled, and I returned home alone. I wore Anais Anais while walking all alone in Copenhagen, buying earrings and feeling all grown up. Then, I took the night train from Copenhagen to my (then) South German home town. Anais Anais accompanied me on that adventure, and I will always have a soft sentimental spot for this perfume that was with me when nobody else was - only if was only one long day and night.

Lovely 80s memory, but so not-for-me...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I tried this on as a EDP, stuck it under my fiance's nose and he said: "Its weird, but nice".

That is the most apt descrisption I have come across for AA. It really is weird - very white, very peppery, very stong - but it is still nice. Even though it almost shouldn't be.

I couldn't wear this very often, it is too strong, but it is different & it does haunt you.

mymlan

I recently won a vintage Anais Anais edt on ebay. The container is the same white heavy glass bottle, but the print on the lable is a bit different. And the plastic cap is white and shiny, not slightly transparent as on the reissued version.

I must say that even if I adore the newer AA's both in edt and edp version, the vintage one is different in a few but much better ways.

First of all, it opens up wider (yes it can). Suddenly you are in the biggest cloud of all kinds of light and dry flowers. Then, when it calms down a bit, the sweetness is there but it never becomes slightly cloying as in the reissued version. Instead the cloud becomes a half transparent breeze that oozes from your pulsepoints. Also, the flowers are now supported by a prominent cedar and vetiver mix which gives this scent a mote of acridness, like a white smoke, which matures the fragrance. And now add some cream coloured soft leather, and there you have the mix between innocence and maturity that would equal the pre-adolescent girl Persephone refers to further down.

Vintage Anais Anais seems to be forever lasting. Being an edt it surprises me that I can smell it the morning after I wore it. Now the musk/amber combo is more prominent, the flowers that used to sing so loud are just humming in the background. It's just so marvellous. If you love Anais Anais I recommend you to find a vintage. You will love the vintage one even more.

Finally I have to say something about the excellent quality of the spray mechanism. There I said it.

jedziah
jedziah

As far as names go, this one should of earned the name "flowerbomb"! Intense spicy carnation, rose, somethin' else, somethin' else, a wicked soapy sharp note, then a hint of sandalwoody incense. Loved this as a teenager and recently resurrected it after sniffing too many soft, feminine florals. This one could almost be donned a masculine floral. Love it.

Manya
Manya

I had bought this a few summers ago especially for a trip to Italy. On my skin, it worked amazingly, even in the hottest weather! My 30ml bottle was gone in just a few weeks.

I simply adored this fragrance. It is a huge bouquet of flowers, but not loud, neither cloying nor soapy.
On my skin it was soft and feminine. I loved the slightly bitter note (probably hyacinth or carnation) which makes this scent more sophisticated than your generic pink-rosey-violet scents.
I would buy this again without hesitation, if it wasn't so strongly connected to certain memories, as most perfumes always are :)

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Anais Anais is one of those hugely over-rated, boring florals like Estee Lauder Pleasures. I had a bottle when I was a teenager and thought I liked it and that I was very grown up and sophisticated when I wore it. I quickly went off it though as my tastes developed and improved! I now can't stand it. It's just a mish-mash of what seems like a million different flowers which don't necessarily work well together. It's far too floral, too pungent and just lacking in character.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

It's a fragrance that takes some courage to wear because it's far from the fruity-floral soup that's like 80% of the perfumes today (and I'm a floral fruity lover but sometimes enough is enough). And it seems I don't have the guts to wear it either, but I like it very much. It's definitely strong and overpowering, yet mellow and sensual. It's as exuberant as a blooming garden in the afternoon sun, the air dense with polen. I could almost hear the bees buzzing on the petals when I sniffed my wrist. Powdery hiacynt, bitter tuberose, sweet lily, honeysuckle, peony,lots of peopny, all you can imagine, on a very creamy soapy base. It's so familiar and somehow distant, like a deja-vu from another life. Like a picnic from another time - wearing linen white clothes and straw hats and riding old bikes...It stays for ages on the skin (and it was just a Les Jellies EDT edition), but still not my frag, not today.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry. All I can say is that this smells like bananas on me...sort of rotten bananas, actually. But it smells so lovely on other people - a fresh, green, light floral. Dang it!

Kimi
Kimi

I used this way back in the early 90's and I loved it. I bought another in 2004 but the smell is just not the same. Now its lying somewhere and I dont use it any longer....sorry guys but I dont like it anymore..smell is different

Gina
Gina

Ive recently tried this. I liked it. To me it smells how it would smell if you put your nose to a fresh bouquet of flowers hence a romantic feeling about it. Having said that, my boyfriend did not like it as he thought it smelt 'boring' whatever that means. Anyway its a nice choice for a floral perfume but is very distinctive and so would only suit some women.

octobersun
octobersun

"Aaah, I used to know some realy fatal women wearing this, it is so clear and feminine, when it comes to your memory once, it never goes away...", said a friend of mine the other day.

Sevipants19
Sevipants19

I was born in 72 and have to say that I am having a good time learning about these very poplular classics. I have this perfume. I do like it. I look forward to discovering others as well.

Andorsia
Andorsia

To me it is the mother of all floral scents out there. So many florals and great if you want to smell like a big bouquet. Not in a bad way, it has a nice scent, but very flowery and I get the picture of a woman in a flower dress tending her flowers on a sunny day in front of her traditional home in the country.

teebubbly
teebubbly

Spraying this fragrance just like jumping into a secret garden of flowers! Just like am bathing the flowery flowers everywhere.. N almost faint cuz it.. Trust me, this is good a powerly heavy flowery scents for hard hot sweaty day, it will help u to survive..

guest_Persian Belle
guest_Persian Belle

Hi all,
My mom gave me a sample when I was a teenager (an adorable little porcelain bottle) and I loved it ever since. However, it seemed that once I owned a big bottle the magic went away.
I still love it... However it'f funny that I ONLY wear it in rainy weather. It doesn't smell as nice in dry weather, in my opinion. Try it and you may see why some people like it better... It may be only a matter of when they wear it.

camillia
camillia

Wonderfully delicate and complex, with long staying power. A bit chaste though, and for this reason I associate this scent with couture, actually with the very smell of new, off-the-roll fabric, such as taffetas, tweed or silk.
The fragrance opens innocently enough on lavender and hyacinth tones, than broadens into the opulence of white flowers and finally settles with an infusion of powdery incense.
I want to add: enjoyable for me only if I apply very lightly: I spray in the air once and let the mist settle on me.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

I agree, it doesn't quite smell the same, it is more of a pale reflection of its' old self. I wore it in the university in the early 90s. Loved it then to pieces, hiacynth, honeysuckle, lemons and subtle leather is what is the most prominent on my skin. I think it is very youthful, very feminine; it's a blonde perfume, in my opinion.
people that like oriental perfumes, will probably not like this one.

rosered
rosered

I wore this as a teenager in 1979 at 18 or 19 years old lol and I remember its smelling better back than

I found a bottle over Christmas this year , It brought back memories ha ha ! ya just cannot beat an old classic such as Anais Anais
Its still a wonderful scent and unique ,really hard to describe in words , but its just not the same LOL

Lillith
Lillith

I have a minni of this just so I could sample it. On my skin its a nice almost soapy floral. Not my thing typically, but I love the scent ofrose and other flowers mixed with slightly soapy sandalwood. Will be getting a fully bottle!

selinum28
selinum28

Old perfumes by Cacharel are all very agressive but interesting, a wonderful exploration; I don't like to wear them in public, except from Eden, because they need conviction. I feel that Anais Anais is also a respectable perfume, descriptive of some very beautiful women, but doesn't say anything about me.

guest_sue
guest_sue

I have never smelled another perfume that comes close to Anais Anais. It is simply perfect.

mocha43
mocha43

I loved this perfume 20 years ago and it still smells lovely on me today.

guest_sniffer
guest_sniffer

When I first smelled Juicy Couture's original fragrance, I was immediately taken back to a scent from my childhood - something very strong and flowery that my mom liked to wear yet gave us all headaches. I couldn't put a finger on what that perfume was until I spotted an empty bottle of this in a drawer. It still smelled as overpowering as it did back in the day! So if you're a fan of JC, you might like this one. Be warned, however, that this is not a floral for the faint of heart!

Persephone
Persephone

I just discovered this monument, an ode to Lolita. Well, just like Humbert Humbert, I'm totally and blindly in love with my Dolores. Since this perfume has such a blatantly cheap chemical composition, this is a forbidden love ... which is even sweeter. This scent is not of a woman, but of a pre-adolescent girl who lives deep in all of us. Doe eyed, rosy cheeked, fresh out of the shower in white socks but that skirt is just too dangerously short. And she already knows it. The cedar/leather base gives this seemingly naive white floral perfume such an ooze of sexuality, which wraps you around like the most tender beige suede glove. I can understand the negative reviews however, since this review is for a vintage EDT, and as far as I know the new scent was reformulated to the point of total chemical harshness. I wouldn't bother even trying it in order not to kill my precious little girl.

HOPE007
HOPE007

Surprisingly I do not like this. It is just too much of everything all rolled into one... It isn't like I am heavily repulsed by it - it isn't all that bad, I just do not care for it. I would never ever wear it. I could easily see how people could get headaches from it. Just definitely not a scent at all for me.

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

I love this perfume! I don't like floral perfumes at all, but this was quit a surprise. I tested it by chance, because I loved the bottle. And a miracle happened: a wonderful bouquet of spring flowers, make you feel young and happy. I can only smell lily and hyacinth, but as a lily lover that's fine.The perfect fragrance for spring and when you want to blossom.

movs
movs

When I spray this fragrance, I sometimes regret using it because first spritz smells a bit cheap. When the perfume has settled it will unfold the fresh orange blossoms, the hyacinth and the deep scent of jasmines. It dries down to a creamy green scent with the orange blossoms as the dominating note.
The longevity is extremely good even for the EDT.
It's a very intense and unique scent - by unique I mean that this is probably the most beautiful white flower scent ever made, there's really nothing like it. This is one of my all time favourites.

There are two things I don't like about this perfume though:
It has a big time label screaming: 1980's! It could almost prevent me from wearing it.
And I simply don't like the bottle.

Be aware that this is not an EDP you can save in ages. I becomes rank rather quickly.

In 3 words: GREEN - CREAMY - ROMANTIC

guest_Mad-Lainey
guest_Mad-Lainey

Purchased relying on reviews and note composition on website only.
What a mistake!!!!
It is the most disgusting frgarance I have ever smelled.
EVER!
It made me sick straight away and I could not get rid of it from my wrists.
I felt sick all day and I don't understand how could anyone intruduce it to the market?
Overall, I am rather tolerant person, I understand different perfume suit different people with different tastes.
So I am careful with any critics regarding fragrances.
But that one - I could not even use it in my toilet or pantry as air freshener.
Just makes me vomit.
Binned the bottle, thank God I only bought a 30ml one :-)

derqueen
derqueen

A very cheerful and ultra feminine floral scent. You will notice the best of this fragrance after waiting at least 30 minutes. It is also very long lasting.

eaudelouise
eaudelouise

For me, it's one of the best floral fragrances,soft and feminine without being overpowering.

mymlan

Today I have been in Anais Anais heaven. It was -8° celsius outside and white, cold squeeking snow under my boots.

I choose the edp version which is quite uncommon (the flower motif on the bottle and box is pink/lilac instead of pink/green). I got it a year ago and have been a bit hesitant using it in warm weather because it is so much more of everything in the fragrance.

Today was just the perfect day for it. I felt like I was wrapped in the softest cashmere wool shawl, surronded by flower petals. The drydown is amazing: softer and a bit sweeter than the edt but the base still matures the scent by its leathery accord. And the best thing is that it lasts, lasts and lasts...

dogwithnobrain
dogwithnobrain

This is definitely an 80's and a teen smell, but that doesn't stop me wandering back. Feminine and flowery with such a pretty bottle. A slight waft of the bottle and I'm back getting ready for the Disco, hair as big as I could make it!

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

I dont know why this is an Eau De Toilette - it's pungent and intense scent is more like a heavy perfume.

Anais Anais is much like floral extracts being injected with steroids. Heady and somewhat head-ache inducing.

Here is a note to my mother -
"Mama, I am sooo sorry I stole this from your vanity table, it stinks now and I dont want it anymore PLEASE TAKE IT BAAAAACK!"

l'essence
l'essence

It is interesting that some call it sharp. I agree that it is strong but in a very floral way with an underlying soft creaminess. A friend of mine used to wear it so I always recognise it as her scent so don't feel I can 'own' it, which is a pity, because it is one of the few really lasting perfumes on me. Because it is unusually distinctive and so recognisable anywhere, that makes it a little less desirable for me but every now and then when I spray some on and just enjoy the smooth but heady florals it just makes me feel good because it is quite an unashamedly 'yummy' fragrance.

milena

I have this perfume on today, and yes a little goes a long way.Today I dosed my self with this scent, never again, definitely a love hate relationship. It gave me a headache.DEFINITELY A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

vioversilver
vioversilver

Woods!, woods after a summer shower,(I'm surrounded by woods, so this is a definite impression) and a
zinger of citruses - this is what hits me first. ( note to self - this is not a wispy little scent, the bottle fooled you! )

Not so shy florals burst in next, settling into a very Dovey soap smell...

This really packed a olfactory wallop,and I admit I wasn't too pleased with this at the first try . (Now I realize I was too liberal applying this the first time.)

Later in the day went this got alot softer, easier ,especially while I was outside in the sunshine, this scent mixing with my sun warmed skin was actualy very pleasant.

A very clean, fresh, sharp , woodsy floral - I really do not get the leather in this, which that's why I got this - love leather, but the sharp woodsy note works out just fine after all .

A lovely scent after all , just has to be applied with a very light hand , this fragrance is very strong so just a very light misting on the skin will diffuse this just fine - and will last pretty much all day ; in my experience.

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

Before I smelled this, I expected a delicate, feminine fragrance that could be suitable for all occasions, special and everyday alike.

This is where the saying "don't judge the book by its cover" comes in.

My first thought was, INTENSE. I was convinced that the streght of the stench on the paper tester was just the alcohol, so I waited a bit, waving the little cardboard ractangle around, waftig that smell everywhere. However, the intensity didn't fade very much. The fragrance felt overpowering and definitely not what I expeted.

The misguiding, soft pink and white packaging made me imagine an innocent scent suitable for younger wearers. In my opinion, the fragrance doesn't suit the delicate packaging. I'm not sure what colour the bottle should be. Maybe an ornate, heavy, brown glass one would suit it better. I don't know.

The smell is definitely overpowering, and very, very flowery. I'm not a big fan of strictly floral fragrances, which may be why I don't like this perfume. There is too much intensive notes at once, and it feels just like smalling a huge bouquet of artificially scented flowers at once.

I can see why older, mature women see this as appealing. However, I don't understand the widespread fascination people my own age have with this fragrance.

eranaral
eranaral

first: leather, smoke and bitter white florals.

later: soft and powdery, yet strong and noticeable. It smells like Dove deodorant, or Downy fabric softener in a good way.

before it dies: Orange blossoms and jasmine, soft white florals. very faintly

*Lasts about 4 hrs min, 8 max

guest_angel
guest_angel

I first bought this when I was in Paris aged 13 - it seemed very grown up and sophisticated to me then, I wore it a lot as a teenager. Now in my middle age I've rediscovered it, and realised what good taste I had as a teen!

Anais Anais is what I'd call a really good old-fashioned powdery floral, soft and delicate but pervasive, warm on the skin, creamy rather than sweet in the dry-down. Ultra-feminine is absolutely right!

I only wish I'd rediscovered it years ago, because I adore it.

truffles
truffles

I know this is for some reason a hugely popular perfume but personally I find it sickening. I have been given this as a present before and had to give it away, I just couldn't wear it. I have never liked any of Cacharel's perfumes, finding them cheap-smelling, and had a similar reaction to Eden. I thought I liked it when I smelled it on someone else, got some, put it on, and promptly sickened myself and all of my family! So, no, big thumbs down on this one for me, another one where I just don't get what all the fuss about it is.

milena

It's a love hate relationship.This scent can be over powering.When used in small dose,it smells very floral and sexy.Though I am not a fan of this scent I did get a compliment, how nice it smells on me. My skin chemistry agrees with it.

*sophi*
*sophi*

The old classical perfume that i still remember most ladies wore when i was young is always in trend.Wonderful floral ,a bit of spicy woody-the perfect combination.What else can i say...ANAIS

guest_Fume
guest_Fume

I have tried every expensive fragrance out there and this one gets me all the compliments. My chemistry does not mix well with most fragrances but it loves this combination. I LOVE IT!! It is my guilty pleasure.

Scentgoddess
Scentgoddess

This perfume was given to me as a gift from my Father when he went overseas... I got it in a double pack! Unfortunately I really didn't like it... to me it has a cheap overpowering soap smell, the type of perfume one might find in a discount store. I love florals but sadly this one didn't do it for me. Maybe if I smell it again, I will like it? Although I doubt it. I remember it as a strong soapy detergent smell. It is suitable as a 'first' perfume until you develop your own taste of what you like. The bottle is darling though, very feminine.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Do you know how cinema and fashion from the late 70's--early 80's seemed so drenched in hazy sunshine or fog; natural and as if dusted over in powdery pastels? Maybe it was the lenses used, maybe the popular artistic sensiblity, but everyone's hair seemed to shimmer in natural sunshine and the soft browns, pinks, gray-taupes, blues and creams of the era, seemed to glow in soft focus; that's how my nose reads "Anais Anais". It opens on a burst of dewy hyacinth, fresh with the inclusion of a soapy lavender but already turning into something skintone warm and creamy. It then simmers and roars into a white-floral, fleshiness that reminds me of sebum on clean but languid bodies; maybe you've been lounging on a Sunday morning or laying in an open field and the sun warms your shampooed head. Maybe you're lingering in a spring garden on as lazy afternoon; maybe you're sitting beside a fire and watching snow fall, feeling the carnal sweetness of cashmere warm against your skin. It finally dries down into a creamy but woody sweetness, reminding me of dried, grassy fields, saddles and kid gloves treated with perfume. "Anais Anais" does smell "vintage" but only in an ancien regime way, evoking Trianon, Victorian picnics at Hanging Rock and nostalgic seaside vacations, where the days were painted in beige sands and hay-like grasses and skies were soft blue or peachy, golden sunsets. Warm, hazy, powdery-clean, but with a distinctly carnal edge. "Anais Anais" is the elusive, dreamily distant scent of memories.

lillybee
lillybee

It's surprising how this fragrance stood the test of time. I have yet to find a fragrance similar to this one, that's equally fresh - powdery and slightly soapy, discreet but definitely noticeable. What's alluring about is the leather - skin note, that makes it just a tad 'dirty', in a good way. It reminds me of Anais Nin and her 'erotica'. She was self-assured in the world, but in the bedroom, she wanted to be a woman, and wanted to be dominated.

Anais is timeless, because it's versatile and has a schoolgirl but sexy woman charm as well. I think you must have the right chemistry for it and for others it may not get past the 'innocent girl dressed in white' image. As Anais warms on my skin and mixes with my chemistry, it becomes a gentle floral that's equally like freshly washed skin (lemon + oakmoss) and sun-drenched skin (leather + sandalwood). I rarely wear it and mostly in early autumn but it has a steady place in my collection.

pansylady
pansylady

I have fond memories of Anais-Anais as it was the fragrance I wore it on my wedding day- and Anais Nin is one of my all-time favorite writers-

all the same, as much as I love florals, I would now have to say that it's almost TOO floral- very frilly and a little fussy, somehow- it needs something sharp to give it more definition-

moonruby
moonruby

My uncle from Holland sent this to my mother years ago when I was 13, and I kept this in my room. Being too young to appreciate perfumes, I carelessly used it all up.

My guilty shame is that till this day I still cannot tolerate it's fragrance as I had hoped my tastes would change as I got older.
This still gives me the impression of having a bouquet of flowers being shoved up my nostrils.
A potentially lethal perfume not to be used by those who are allergic or sensitive

guest_mexico39
guest_mexico39

este perfume me trae muchos recuerdos muy buenos mi madre lo utilizaba era uno de sus perfumes favoritos siempre se lo ponia para algun evento nocturno y me recuerdo que cuando se lo ponia toda su habitacion quedaba con el olor tan agradable de anais anais me encanta esa fragancia.

Elue
Elue

I find it lovely and soapy. However, this soapiness reminds me so much of a regular deodorant! Because of this, I've never felt comfortable to wear it. I like it on other people but my 100ml bottle stands on my wardrobe untouched..

smelleeme
smelleeme

One of the best fragrances ever created for someone as I for whom many fragrances are overwhelming to my chemical sensitivites. Devinely delicate, yet lasting. I constantly recieve compliments with this fragrance (as well as any delicate rose-scented fragrance). My first compliment which I received while wearing this beautiful fragrance was in 1987. I must have had dozens of compliments from both genders over the years while wearing Anais, Anais. The name is as elegant as its scent.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I love this youth-associated scent, and even though I'm an "old dog on the road," I wear it for any season, any reason!

Clean, fresh, and timeless. Great silage. Lasts, too!

You just can't go wrong with this.

MoietToi
MoietToi

This scent to me is the eptiome of childhood innocence combined with delicate feminimity. It opens up as a very gentle and floral scent. Then it remains light and floral but it soon becomes much more sweeter and less citrusy than in the opening. But then the sweetness disappears and turns into a musky smell. Abit like the journey from girl too woman you start out light and innocent and come out as a grown up woman on the other side. Very complex and beautiful.

ViolaineViolet
ViolaineViolet

this was my very first perfume!! i love it!!! so sweet and innocent! it brings a lot of memories!

Sopranooo
Sopranooo

I found it awful!! It makes me want to sneeze. The bottle distract u with its soft look but its notes like candy sprayed with pepper.
I honestly found it weir... Teenage girl may like it. I some how smell rubber in it.......!!

arladanielle
arladanielle

I get nostalgic everytime i wear this.Reminds me of my " single" days when a boyfriend would sit for hours with me in the library complimenting on how pretty i smelled.
The drydown is better than the first notes,gets milder but sophisticated. The merge of the florals is simply delightful! I'd love to buy a second bottle anytime.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci
La Belle Dame Sans Merci

It smells just like a fresh bouquet of flowers with a little bit of musk in it and I think it perfectly fits with women who are feminine, gentle and elegant. This perfume is a matter of style, that's why many people love and many hate.

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

i feel like anais anais lacks in ingredients...(even though i was suprised by the amount of notes in it!!!!) the scent is so plain that you get bored of it after a while. i believe that it doesnt differ from plain low cost colognes(see body shop frangrance line)what i mean is that this particular perfume could easily be part of a low cost frangrance line.you can smell this on a woman and tell its "anais anais" even if its not! but of course thats a plus only for the cheap frangrances...not for a brand like cacharel.

nesca1502
nesca1502

I had it as a teenager and I always remember it as a romantic ans sweet fragrance. I tried it lately however and I just don't like it anymore, I find it too childish somehow, and I would not wear it anymore, however it brings me back good memories from those years.

This is one of my mother's staple and as every of her staples is not mine.
She says it's so fresh and delicate! I think it's very harsh and offensive. Many Cacharel scents are so. They look so innocent and becomes offensive when worn. I can't stand the smell of Anais Anais on my skin. It smellslike a mix between funerals and a pretending to be naive girl. For sure this has to do with schooltime memories, but the fragrance itself is harsh, pungent and cloying, all at the same time.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

although i see a lot of "ingredients" in this perfume, all i can smell is tuberose and lilly-of-the-valley. i don't dislike it, but at some point i just don't feel confortable wearing it.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Anais Anais was one of my first "good" perfumes. I purchased a bottle in 1985 and used it throughout high school, and I absolutely loved it then. I hadn't sniffed it in 20+ years until recently, and upon revisiting, I find it has lost its charm. It smells a bit simple and dated now, all heavy florals and bitter greens. I find it actually has an unpleasant sour undertone, like rotting flowers in a vase. Or perhaps it just brings up too many bad memories from high school for me. Anais Anais had its time and place, but I've moved on with life and with my perfume choices as well.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I don't like this perfume at all it smells good when first sprayed but after it dries down it smells like flowers and leather a nasty combination and it made me feel nauseated I couldn't wash it off it has good lasting power.And the bottle is strange looking doesn't even look like a perfume.

Petula30
Petula30

Flowers and powder is always a lovely combination for me, it isn´t oldfashioned it was just created in different era, rich, flowery, beautiful, so much better than many modern so called floral perfumes.

Malibu
Malibu

ANAIS ANAIS is the scent of my childhood. My mother & several other relatives all swore by it for years.

It is a strong white floral. I tried it again recently for the memories & it is still pleasant to wear & is affordable. However, it is quite overpowering & headache inducing, so I wouldn’t buy it again.

The lasting power is excellent & the simple bottle is sophisticated.

Calyx
Calyx

I had a bottle of it when I was in college, and I really wanted to like it when I tested it again recently.

BUT...

The delicate floral I remembered, turned into roadkill under a rubber tire on my skin. The leather base note is VERY strong.

I can appreciate it, it's a beautiful classic fragrance, but unfortunately I can't wear it.

alicektn
alicektn

Such an exceptional feminine scent! Elegant and attractive, reminds me of a different era ,while being seasonable.

Brings out a feeling of cleanliness and peace. And no it's not boring. It's absolutely a lively ,vibrant perfume.

I just wish this fragrance suited my skin...The wonderful floral notes last very little on me, and after a while all i get is leather... I'm so jealous when I smell it on other women! The only solution for that problem is using it on my clothes which is pure delight!

Malegria
Malegria

I finally have it and honestly, I almost have forgotten all about how good it really is! A sharp flowery scent, unmistakeable and unique...What I really love in this wonder of the Great Eighties is the hyacinth, feminine, powerful, fascinating scent! The other note I treasure in Anais Anais is a breath of lavender that blends in so nicely and gives it just the right pinch of witchcraft.
And, of course, leather. White, soft, slightly oily , tiny-size leather glove.

I think, those 3 components are the stars in this timeless scent.

When I look sometimes at the endless clones that are massively produced nowadays, I feel pleasure in knowing that this perfume is nothing but.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

Not a fragrance I could wear by any means. The floral along with the leather and citrus are all tooo overpowering for my paticular chemistry. I find it a bit touche to "label" a fragrance by age, because I am a firm believer that you are as young as you feel and belive! But I must say that I was very very very young when I saw this addition on my mothers vanity table and I tried it and was immediately offended by the harshnes!!! LOL, years later I have tried it again, only to find the same harshness and offense rests within the bottle.

The ingrediants alone convey a very complex fragrance, and almost makes me wonder what is NOT in it!

As stated before, not everything works for everyone, and I have experimented with many fragrances throughout the years in search of my signature one.

Anais Anais is NOT the one for me.

I thought this was a little too overpowering and powdery for my liking. Not something that I can imagine appealing to me at any age. I wouldn't describe Anais Anais as being powdery and heavy like Chanel No.5, but rather a sourish floral scent. This however has great lasting power. I'm also not a fan of the bottle. They should have made a new bottle design since the original has been around for nearly 40 years.

Update:
I decided to give Anais Anais another try to see whether my opinions have changed. Upon first spray I can pinpoint the reason why I don't like it, to me it smells like a dandelion. It was somewhat greenish and sour. However, the drydown of this fragrance which I'd previously missed was rather likeable. It wasn't unique in any way, but was rather soapy, powdery and fresh. Still not my cup of tea but not as bad as I previously thought.

maidm69
maidm69

I wore this fragrance my whole teenage years, and collected the makeup bags which were included in the gift with purchase. Still put all my lipsticks in the box the perfume and body lotion came in.

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

This is a very classic cent. my mom has been using it for years and I started using it recently as well! =) I love it

linden tree
linden tree

floral,yes,but a little oriental.love the powdery note

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This was one of my first perfumes when I was very young. This is the perfect perfume to wear when you want no vanilla or fruit in your scent. There is no heavy musk to this. I think that the galbamun is the unique part of Anais Anais. You know when you smell this on someone. Very clean and has flowers without being flowery? It gives you the picture of a exotic country,earl greay steeping on the table, dancing in dried flowers with incense burning in the next room. I love it!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

A very heady floral with just a hint of sparkle (citrus?)that dries down to a slightly spicy scent that reminds me of warm wind. I like "Anais Anais", though it does hit you over the head a bit with its topnotes. The unfortunate bottle in no way fits this flowery scent.

artgoddess
artgoddess

THis perfume makes me think of a romantic garden party. IT is fresh and floral and sweet, a ftrgrance for a youthful girl or teen.

mymlan

Not very long ago, me and my best friend made fun about Anais Anais as we found it harsh as teens. And my cheeks did always blush a bit when I year after year saw the old dusty bottle that I gave to my mother some 20 years ago. "How could I", I thought then. HOW COULD I I think now! How could I ever think anything disparaging about this marvellous fragrance. I can understand that I found it a bit heady when I was a teenager: The hyacint is very powerful in the beginning, that's true, but soon the scent opens up to a beautiful bouquet of roses, lilys and jasmine flowers and you can really experience the richness of this fragrance. Eventhough the endnotes contanins a few darker elements like amber and incence, the perfume is not heavy. It is light and dry I think this perfume is one of the most sexiest scents Ive ever had. Just because it doesnt intends to be sexy with obvious notes. It is just light, dry and extremely floral and thats what makes it. I'm in love again!

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

A true classic. My mother has worn it for years now.
I think this perfume brings back memories for many people.

Carla
Carla

I hear ya elgab89! well said! I wore this in my 20's and it's a flowerful wonder! I have not owned it for awhile but now I'm in the mood to re-live this blast from the past! Thanks for the reminder.

elgab89

OK, I had to get back to this thread and defend this perfume.
It really bothers me when I hear people saying it smells old. WHAT?!?
And musky? Where? How?
Pleaaaase... this perfume is a floral light scent: it has flowers that bloom mostly in May and June - therefore I associate this with young, not with old!!!!! If it was spicy, oriental.... I would understand, but - HELLO! it is a light floral!
And OMG! a funeral parlor?!?!?!?!?!? How can you see it this way - again - it is a light floral! This is not a heavy scent, it is not Fracas or A la Nuit (which I adore, by the way). There are no lilies in it, which are the flowers most associated with funeral, and it has lemon, moss- which means fresh! I have not been yet to a fresh funeral!
I find that most people hating this perfume are either too young and unexperienced, or too stuck with the new awfully boring sweet gourmand scents that all the new actresses / singers (which I would not trust anyway when it comes to my fragrances) advertise.
Also, there is a trend nowadays to turn your nose to everything that was made before 1990 - just check the opinions on those perfumes - you will always find a young girl saying it smells like her grandma. Well, grandma had style and you do not, because you judge the quality by how new it is, not by how good it is!
There, I said it! It is off my chest!

Montie_M
Montie_M

The first spritz showed immediate effect of heady jasmine and heavy musk: making me choking and had a big headache.
I wish my chem fitted this, but unfortunately not.

guest_ljubica
guest_ljubica

I wish I liked the scent more, because it has such an exquisite bottle, and the whole idea of it is very appealing, but behind all those white flowers and romance there's an underlying note which somehow bothers me, probably leather.

soirdelune
soirdelune

More nostalgic observations from me. The scent of my late girlhood, and the first 'lady's' perfume I ever owned. Extremely evocative of the 1980s. I remember this being immensely popular, and recall my mother and even my grandmother wearing it. Era-defining. Nice to smell again after all this time.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Unusual for me to say, I really love this perfume. As long as it has been around, I've tried it for the first time only a week ago. It's beautiful, and it has an innocence about it that I'm drawn to. It's a floral that isn't soapy or overwhelming, but it isn't light. It's delicate and feminine. Wow! Quite an exception to my dislike of very floral fragrances. :)

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

A totally '80s fragrance, but one of my all-time favorites. It remindes me of being in a well-manicured flower garden after a spring rain, maybe alone with a good book or at a garden party with close friends and we're all wearing pastel cotton dresses. Ultra-feminine, gentle, and exquisitely beautiful.

elgab89

I had it in my teens, I still like to go back to it from time to time. Flower Power!

2007

Anais Anais by Cacharel 3.09 out of 5 based on 2813 ratings and 403 user reviews

Deodorant 5oz
54.50 GBP
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Gift Set 3.4oz
Cacharel Anais Anais Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 100ml 3.4oz Clutch 2pcs clutch
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Cacharel Anais Anais Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Anais Anais fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Anais Anais, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Anais Anais by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Anais Anais by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.