Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Cacharel Pour Homme Cacharel for men
dislike

I have it: 221 I had it: 212 I want it: 169 My signature: 16

Cacharel Pour Homme Cacharel for men Pictures

Cacharel is a male fragrance, the symbol of the 80s, mixing the nature and the adventures together. Presented in 1981 with its woody aromatic composition designed by Gerard Goupy, it creates unusual symbioses of nutmeg, ylang-ylang, carnation, lavender and lotus. The perfume is opened with notes of bergamot, sage, nutmeg and lavender, followed by the heart of ylang-ylang, lotus, geranium and carnation, and closed with the warm base of amber, cedar, vetiver and fir.

Nutmeg Lavender Clary Sage Bergamot

Cyclamen Carnation Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Geranium

Fir Amber Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Cedar Vetiver

Cacharel Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

The scent of gods. I won't ever forget the day I first smelled Pour L'Homme. Reformulation has slightly disfigured it no doubt but at least it is still here with us, and I'm proud to adopt it as my signature. Nuff said.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I purchased it from duty free some days ago, and boy it smells exactly like how it was from a miniature long time ago,in my childhood.. Tender and embracing, powdery and has no sexuality(neither masculine nor feminine), kind of neutral,like a soul.
Will attach immediately to the situation you are wearing it in.

stannitro
stannitro

If you like cloves, you will love this . Not bad

dubairob
dubairob

Now here is a wonderful fragrance for the Spring....

Cacharel Pour L'Homme opens with a sparkling freshness from the bergamot and lavendar combination in the top notes. These notes are accompanied by nutmeg and clary sage to give a top which seems to last well into the duration of the fragrance. The Fragrantica breakdown of notes lists seventeen notes but it must be stressed that it is the top notes - particularly nutmeg and bergamot - which are unquestionably the most obvious. So much so that you may well be asking yourself what happened to all of these other enticing notes in the mid and base. That said, the nutmeg and bergamot combination here is wonderfully articulated and gives a freshness that goes well beyond the usual citrus and aquatic norms: in essence it is how a more mature man should smell fresh...the tempered spiciness of the nutmeg gives that effect.

One should also be aware of the similarities with Dunhill Edition, which will resonate strongly if you are aware of this great English fragrance. Dunhill Edition carries the same nutmeg and bergamot combination in the top notes and similarly these are carried through the duration of the fragrance, though conditioned by fir, vetiver and cedar. To me Dunhill Edition has always been a Winter favourite (so much so that I can't understand how people wear it at warmer times), but I have always wanted a Spring version of Dunhill Edition which would allow for more relaxed, sunnier settings. Unquestionably, Cacharel Pour L'Homme fills that gap. Though it does not have the gravitas of Dunhill Edition and is certainly not its equal, it preceded it by a few years and may very well have been the inspiration behind DE's stucture and formulation.

All said, Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a fragrance for a gentleman in the Spring which certainly deserves a try. Though its longevity is such that it requires a mid-day reapplication, it is so enjoyable in its fresh opening that this is - more than most - a minor quibble when compared with its greatness....

K1
K1

L'Homme, the emblem of fresh aromatic vintage style, is a real lady trap. Not any woman nor girl mark it downy guaranteed by experience and survey!
This is fresh herbal citric opener with subsequently overpowering gorgeous nutmeg floral extremely masculine vibe. L'Homme is Ambitious, strong, firm and bold. Whenever I test this miracle I feel deeply confidential, this is the feeling girls take from the men who wear this.
The older version seemed much cooler yet it hasn't lost anything after reformulation.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Smells like 1 pound cologne. Reminds me of old women who would kiss me on the cheek when I was a little kid, they reeked like this.

orestes
orestes

another one l'oreal miracle..... like kouros and cacharel refolmulated! the vintage was a special male scent....

roseombre
roseombre

Ylang ylang covered with warm sand, curry herbs, buttery warmed sauna wood, Fleur de Muscade & Pepper.

LisaMari
LisaMari

I loved this on my boyfriend. It actually smells very feminine to me. There is a very delicate, skin like sweetness to it. I detect a creamy, pale pink watery floral too.
Musky, clean and warm.

SteveSmellsGood
SteveSmellsGood

Horrible horrible fragrance, made me nauseous for a couple of hours. Smells like toilet cleaner, it actually does. No redeeming qualities about this cologne, and I usually love fresh spicy fragrances.

ravjan
ravjan

Cacharel pour Homme is a staple in my collection. I've been in love with it since I remember. I used it today. It was a cold, foggy and wet day here and the scent felt too 'chilly' for the weather. It's a masterly concoction of nutmeg, flowers and vintage freshness with not a single gram of sweetness. Hence it works better on summery days. Today I also discovered a salty nuance in it. It's great but I'll keep it for hotter months.

petrus
petrus

Muscade élégante (Vintage)

Senteur 9.5/10. C'est une petite madeleine de Proust qui vous emmènera immédiatement dans les années 80 avec peut-être plus de plaisir que bien des parfums de l'époque. J'ai une tendance à aimer l'odeur de la noix de muscade, aussi suis-je vraiment porté à adorer ce parfum classe et classique, élégant et décontracté. Tous les ingrédients ici sont fait pour mettre en valeur cette muscade. Ce parfum beaucoup porté dans les années 80, et notamment en discothèque, pourra trouver sa place plutôt en journée, par temps frais, en ville.

Longévité 2/2

Sillage 2/2

Masculinité 2/2 Ce parfum doit être réservé à un homme élégant, il le sublimera en quelque sorte !

Evolution 3/4 C'est cependant vrai que sa muscade persistante peut finir par lasser. On le portera peu, pour à chaque fois profiter du plaisir de sa redécouverte. En fonction des réactions qu'il procure, notamment chez sa partenaire, et du fait que la muscade n'est pas une odeur appréciée de tous, on l'adaptera selon les circonstances.

Total 18.5/20 Chef d'oeuvre.

Inselaffe
Inselaffe

The most recent version of L’homme comes with a new vessel design; the faux metal skirt that was originally below the waist of the bottle has now been hitched up beneath the collar. No doubt this has been done to show off the scars and stitches from the castration that Cacharel have inflicted. This act of perfume barbarism has silenced the glorious nutmeg note to little more than a whisper. The interminable, but charming nutmeg was always its main selling point, and now that is has been diminished, any real reason for ownership has been extinguished.

Scarcely has the difference between an original and a reformulation been greater, so do yourself a favour, wear out some cyber shoe leather and seek out the original.

Rating: 2/5 Average

unique 3
13 out of 20

Housebliss
Housebliss

I've had a strange relationship with this one. I loved it at first, but then left it alone.

When I tried it again I actually didn't like it anymore, and I don't know why. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the nutmeg in this is just too strong for me.

It's the same bottle I've always had, and probably a new formulation.

Oh well.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I had a funny experience with this perfume today... While at the perfume shop, I saw this, totally new, cacharel pour homme perfume. I was surprised when the salesperson told me that this was actually one of the earliest creations from cacharel. A brand that I previously thought it did not make any perfume for men! Just for laughs, I bet with my friend that I'll try this perfume. I sprayed just a tiny amount on my skin and smelled it. We were not shocked to smell a very strong repulsive vibe and we both giggled and said that we were expecting that... We were truly two perfume experts!

Roughly 5 hours later, with a completely unplanned gesture, i smelled my wrist again. Suddenly I am in heaven... I started thinking what was the smell I tried here and it just hit me! It was so wonderful and fresh. Masculine and yet somewhat delicate... This is a true story about how a perfume can teach you so much in just a sniff! I was humbled by the sheer beauty of classics... Cacharel needs to do more male perfumes.

N.B. My friend still doesn't know the real beauty of this... I am planning to play a little game with this... the gag continues!! LOL

Sonnyy

It just does not last long enough

Délicieux
Délicieux

I dated a Swedish man who wore this when I was younger. Every time I would get a whiff of him it would literally make me swoon and go weak in the knees. Sounds dramatic, but oh my, I do not exaggerate.

Sometimes I think I smell this when I'm out (which is unlikely, as I don't think many men in the U.S. wear this) and the memories come flooding back like huge brain tsunamis. Uff, hot stuff. Seriously. Or maybe it's just me...or it was him? Possibly the combination of man and scent? Va va voom in a bottle!

Slain
Slain

Big & spicy, yet woody and musky. This scent screams man, and today in 2013 still smells bloody good.

I wear this one for myself, I don't care if its a little too 'old' or 'strong' for everyone else's noses; this scent makes me feel confident and assertive.

The staying power of this on the skin is very good, and in fact just gets better with time.

Would recommend it :)

funnyboy
funnyboy

I also remember it in the 80's.Bought some recently and sadly a watered down version of the old classic without the lasting pepper and nutmeg.just a hint of these 2 somewhere among the citrus and woody notes.
Lasts only 2 to 3 hrs as other people have said.
Think you could now wear it on a summer or spring day when previously it had been one of my cold weather fragrances.I have read other peoples' reviews of the older Cacharel classics and unfortunately most of the reformulations have suffered badly.Anyhow this is still pleasant but not worth paying a lot for and suitable for everyday use.
out of 10 my marks 5.Longevity just 3.
What a shame...

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

there is woody scent first 20 minutes ,then it weaks ,not long lasting

Finisterle
Finisterle

Aromatic dark lemon power house. Reformulation works well enough. And as Ce11estion says: your own sillage will make you hungry for a closer sniff of the sprayed area. Not really worth iconic status a la Fahrenheit or top designer frag money but not far removed either. Has started to become a little expensive once again which is not to my liking - especially since it can be so easily substituted by YSL's old Pour Homme Haute Concentrée which is a brighter lemon power house and at least as good. Also: YSL's oldie always works while Cacharel Pour Homme flirts a bit too much with nausea, especially in warmer weather.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

just ordered some from ebay, although I probably won't wear it any more, I can spritz it every now and then to reminisce a time gone by.. Still gorgeous after all the years : )
*update* opened with slow trepidation as I did the first time I bought this around Christmas 86, (back then it was a luxury as I was on £30.00 a week as a trainee hairdresser and most of that went on keep)

So.. 2 hours ago I sprayed as gently as I could as I had not yet showered, at first I thought nah! nothing like the original, way too citrusy and watery, still nice, but not how it was..
I went on to make a phone call and as I came back to my wrist ten minutes on, wow.. now that's more like it.. I would say exactly like the first time : ) the nutmeg had made it's entrance after warming up and fighting it's way through the bergamot jungle, shunted forward by the full bodied middle notes..
It still has the totally addictive rounded quality that I just can't stop to get enough of, (just this minute ordered a 100ml) I'm going to take this out with me tonight as an experiment, as although a Masculine fragrance and who could doubt otherwise, it has all the qualities and notes of some of my stronger feminine scents, and obviously great for a cold night..

* update.. I wore Cph out the last couple of days in cold damp weather, I kept getting seduced by the trail when I backtracked around aisles of shops and sat in the car, even now 3 hours later it's there.. so pleased i found this *unisex* fragrance again!..

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

This one may be the finest magic potion of the golden eighties. Describing its components is a trivial act. It is the totality that defines this magic in a bottle.
If you are ready for the experience of youthful longing romance in a way that represents the era of New romantics then enter this dominion. It is truly mysterious as it touches a young yearning soul ready for redemption. It opens your heart like nothing else.
It is fully understandable that women almost break when sniffing this divine juice.
Average toxicity due to Coumarin substances in the compund.

amde8766
amde8766

lovely and remarkable spicy scent.it smells magic in cloudy and rainy weather.

missan

Who is supplying this now, Coty?

ewan22
ewan22

Bardzo piękny i trawły zapach,mój mąż używał tego zapachu bardzo długo.

Lvegas
Lvegas

I see Boots are selling this 1980s fragrance again. I used to love the heady Nutmeg scent which I loved to wear on Summer beach holidays in my youth. I smelled the tester yesterday and the Nutmeg smell does not seem as heavy as I remembered it. I'm not sure but think it may be reformulated?

zero kool
zero kool

La cantidad justa de cada ingrediente; realmente cada vez que la uso, la difruto desde la primera atomización hasta el último suspiro.
Encuentro cierto parecido con Azzaro Visit, que tiene algunos dejos muy emparentados, supongo que será por la nuez moscada, pero en este caso mucho más agradable. Por este motivo la considero única y equilibrada en su estilo, ninguna huele igual. Totalmente atemporal, cuesta creer que ya tenga más de 30 años.
Fijación y proyección excelentes, aroma original, muy buena presentación. No se puede pedir más.
Obra maestra, increíble fragancia.

Mad768
Mad768

CPH is a classic that I experienced in the early 80's and loved it for its freshnessand match on my skin. I found women often commented on it both at work and socially. Years later I noticed my father was wearing it and it was instantlt recognisable for its clean, Spicy, bergamot Cirtus tones, I hadnt seen any for 20 years but decided id find some on line and i wasnt dissapointed. 30 years on it transports me back to the best times in my life yet still fits in with my currenbt life and guess what, Im still getting comments from both men and women who find themselves attracted to the scent or maybe it just me LOL Hard to find these days just bought a couple of 50m bottles from fragrance Direct quite cheaply £15.00. so I switch between terre d Hermes and CPH both in my opinion are wonderful frangrances.

sameel

WARNING FOR LADIES!if you are married or have a boyfriend and dont want other women to steal your lovers from you then do not buy this perfume! super 5 gold stars!

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

nutmeg, masculine, deep and timeless. masterpiece!

9.5 out of 10

Sonnyy

Managed to Bag a Bottle of this today!!
Its definately making a return tomorrow

modernmabuse
modernmabuse

Çok kalıcı ve fark edilir. Yukarıdaki değerlendirmeler tamamıyla yalandır! Zamk gibi yapışır, sonlara doğru müthiş bir koku olur. Fazla erkeksidir. Başlangıcı rahatsız edebilir. Ama yine de güzeldir.

Slayerized
Slayerized

This fragrance opens as said with a lot of nutmeg but turns into something quite beautiful and sophisticated after 10 mins already! When the citrus and flowers start kicking in this scent is very hard to resist! It smells unique, sophisticated, chic and very masculine! This frag is pretty versatile as it is good for office, casual and formal but mainly indoors, imol! It turns into a close to the skin scent after an hour but it's not a cloying scent so it can be applied liberally to extend sillage and longevity which are average to me (6 hrs).
It is a big mistery to me that this gem gets bashed by Turin in The Guide by giving it only one lousy star! To me it's excellent, timeless, unique, for the real man and many thumbs up! Rated: 9/10

sameel

hot hot and hot stuff! this is an addictive perfume just a perfect combination of whatever is in it i absolutely love this thing! out of over 120 perfumes that i have smelled and owned which include 1-drakkar noir 2-curve3-cartier declaration 4-dolce gabana 5-cool water 5-allure 6-dior 7-gucci guilty8-le male 9-paco rabane 10-animale animale 11-creed silver 12-quorum 13-gucci nobile 14-ck be and euphoria 15-bvlgari man 16-armani 17-armani code 18-armani attitude 19-aqua di gio and out of several others i would have to say that CACHAREL IS SIMPLY ON THE TOP!

Unheard

Ha ha! Thaigirl. I loved a guy at work that wore it and I used to cuddle his coat when he went out the office because it smelled so good. Nothing ever happened. : (

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I remember my first kiss with the cool longhaired gorgeous guy from the gasstation and he was wearing this perfume, lovely and sexy memories.

Unheard

Love this on a man. Fresh clean cheeky with a sexy warm undertone.

Cheadle
Cheadle

ACT I:
I first bought this in 1997 and remember it was STRONG very strong in the opening almost like something a vermin exterminator will use (please bear with me) moreover, I frequently misapplied frags in those days (mainly on my clothes) so I never really got the base notes. The result, I gave it away to Dad (probably my punishment for stealing his Old Spice years ago)

ACT II:
Fast-forward to 2012. Maturity, I come across this again and again I buy it. Its not as strong as I remember it. I apply correctly and wow!! Its rich, full bodied, oriental spicy and as the day warms up CPH's volatile essences rise up, dance around your nostrils on their way to enchant those around you. If this is a reformulation, they did a damn good job.

RobbieX

A potent spicy and floral men's scent. It's one of a kind in my opinion. Really great scent that lasts and lasts with good sillage. I can smell a distinct clove note amongst the other spices. The drydown is the best part. I bought this in the 80's and now just got some more in 2012. Love it to bits and always have. There are few fragrances from that long ago that don't smell dated - this is one of them. An old friend back with me. This is a true classic!

Tik
Tik

dromidreza
dromidreza

بقدری بوی اون رو دوست دارم که سرانجام تونستم بعد از چند سال یکی دیگه گیر بیارم.از ترس اینکه تموم بشه سالی یکبار میزنم!خیلی خیلی دوستش دارم.اگه تابحال نداشتین تصور بوی اون براتون سخته.

glitterlust
glitterlust

Wow, what a delight from Cacharel. The opening notes are very misleading. Brash cologne like citrus and vetiver with a backdrop of nutmeg. It reminded me of Guerlain's Vetiver.

Slowly but surely it calms down to a seducing nutmeg and floral scent. The nutmeg is devastatingly clear and the flowers help keep it smelling like perfume rather than something you should eat.

When it's at this stage I feel it cold be the closest thing to a rhododendron scent you can find. It really does remind me of big white spicy rhododendron in spring.

Also, it reminds of Carnation from Comme des Garcons. It is in the same spicy floral vein though this has a little vetiver keeping masculine.

Sadly, the latest version of this which is cheap as chips only lasts about 2-3 hours on me. Still, it's stunning and such a surprise.

williamvargas
williamvargas

after reading all of the wonderful reviews on this gem got ahold of a small splash, what a delightful discovery, this truly is a wonderful , masculine great smelling cologne, it reminded me of something i had in the past..and trying for the life of me to connect with..the one the comes to mind is polo crest..not positive because i do not have that any more to compare..but even so, i will be purchasing a full bottle of this gem, i think if everyone could have this in his collection..it is truly amazing masterpiece to me..absolutely love this scent...wow..so glad i checked on this one...thankyou all for the insight. appreciated and happy smelling!!

sameel

i absolutely love this perfume!but unable to find it anywhere could anyone tell me where i can find this one in saudi arabia or america?thanks.

waine
waine

“Yes this is the stuff I have been searching for since I joined here.” Fortunately my brother remembered this ancient diamond and now I can finally share.

This was my first love for mens fragrance. A few weeks after my visiting uncle from Germany gave me a bottle on a trip to South Africa, in the mid eighties, I knew then that I will always love this. Naturally I am going to be biased in this review.

Bias as this magic potion carved the most profound memories from my late teens. Besides smelling amazingly citrus, sweet, spicy warm, woody all at the same time, the quality was unbelievable. In today’s terms, longevity was first class. I recall waking up the morning after an amazing night out and still smelling this on me! Compliments were regularity tossed my way.

Reading this 27 years later and understanding a tiny bit more about notes, I can appreciate why I enjoyed it so much. The pyramid is right up my EDT alley. Not only was this a new experience, but a new journey, fortunately with an OUTSTANDING EDT!

I see the bottle has changed, still looks awesome though. And without doubt, the original formula has also changed as with all of its peers. If it is even remotely the same formula, I highly recommend this. An absolutely brilliant Woody Spicy fragrance.

I agree with each positive review here 100% and will undoubtably get my hands on a bottle of this again.

sparkyman
sparkyman

26 years after my first bottle, I am now reunited with an old and very dear friend. Indeed, the words of a fellow, & revered, Fragrantican have never rung more true...

..."Perfume is a time machine. It can transport you to a very special place in your mind like yesterday"

For me that Time Machine is Cacharel Pour L'Homme. The stardate....1985. Suddenly I see the face of the girl that gave the gift - wonder what she's doing now ?, college corridors & friends faces I haven't seen for 2-1/2 decades, state of the art vehicles that turned to rust years ago....an Apple Macintosh computer I can carry around, with 512Kb of RAM and a 16MHz processor...WOW, what a world I live in !

They say everything changes - everything has. There are few exceptions to the rule, CPH is one. Groundbreaking to me now as it was then. Truly unique, I've yet to find anything with such an individual identity, presence... and personal WOW factor. Clean, refreshing, intriguing...beguiling.

Another beauty for the "classic" end of my shelf.

kl99
kl99

An unusual fragrance. A superb one. Delicious. Almost a niche unisex perfume. An huge dose of nutmeg and ylang ylang draws a futuristic landscape. Well, I mean the pure nutmeg oil officially smells like an industrial product, but Cacharel is also sweet and flowery, so must be that combination that makes me think to movies like Metropolis or A Clockwork Orange, must be also because in someway this fragrance has something of the 80s and smells a bit yuppie, a blend of metal, wood and smoke, like a meeting room in a skyscraper in New York of that period.. I suppose.
I belive is also inspired to A Parfum d'Aventure (L.T. Piver) now despicably rebaptized: Epices.
Actually was my vintage period and I was looking for some reminescence of the 80s scents. I remembered my brother had one bottle of Cacharel pour l'Homme that I was used to steal, than I bought this, like 4 years ago, in summer, I re-weared while i was into a camping-holyday. It was perfect to breath it through maritime pines.

julaiele

You are all correct marioslg3.

Since the 80's down to the 20th century tons of fragrances have chased our nosetrils, came upfront and went downhill, some even ways too generic, clone to each other, everybody wanted to be noticed but only a few good men won standing in the perfumed battles. Along those threads Cacharel conquered and remained its distinctive fresh clean scent aura and exquisite dandy appeal. Never outdated.

Truly, madly, deeply inloved with it.

Cacharel is a legend.

And it will always be!

marioslg3
marioslg3

I bought this today after 15-20 years and it brought to my memories images of youth....how remarkable fragrance is and after so many years, so many perfume releases? Cacharel pour l'homme is was and will always be a legend....Hopefully it will never be discontinued. Much better than Armani pour homme and Eau sauvage....long lasting, manly, woody, spicy, citrucy, a perfect compination of nature. It brings to my mind a strong man of nature in early 40s who is leaving in the forest, cuting trees for the fireplace and has a taste of classicism and culture! Cacharel is rather expensive today for such an old fragrance and you can't easily find it....there is no any man who lived that era of 80s and did not wear cacharel for a while! It was the flag of male fragrances and unfortunately, after that Cacharel house did not show anything remarkable...maybe because we all expected to see something even better? Maybe because everything is compared to the original? Who knows! The thing is that Cacharel is Cacharel, and will always be!

sameel

simply awsome perfume! i first bought it in 1982 and still love it.....if u like paco rabane old green bottle one..drakkar....azzaro....etc.you will love this one even more...

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

This fragrance reminds me of the old adage ,'Teach a child the way he should grow and once he grows he won't depart from it'.

I practically grew up on pastries-even got a nickname at uni for it-and the aroma of flour mixed with spices has never got out of my memory.this fragrance brings it all back.forget the other notes in here.All I get prominently here is nutmeg.I love the smell and the taste of it even to the extent i put some in my tea on regular basis.Now I dont have to worry:I will 'reek'of it anytime,anyday.Those who cant stand it around me can get stuffed!
If you are not familiar with this spice then this is not for you.

It's a manly fragrance that I have overlooked for years and been chasing Nemo instead.Call me a latecomer but this is pure bliss for the memories it evokes in me.

Very long lasting,spicy and elegant.Despite it being around for so long, I dont feel it's dated at all.this could easily be associated with something coming out of L'artisan and worth its affordable price for what you get.And oh,it does smell natural

julaiele

This is a story bliss! I am indeed a lucky man. After all my long wait & searching, I was able to buy an authentic vintage 100ml bottle of Cacharel Pour Homme at a perfume store sale just today exactly the same as pictured above. Damn glad, i even wanted to kiss the counter lady to show how thankful I am.

Been reading all the reviews here, finally i found every positive comment true & credible. Undoubtedly this is a treasure to keep in a man's scent wardrobe. It spells classic elegance, sophistication & aura of good life.

True, clean & endearing...every drop of Cacharel Pour Homme is made in heaven!

Here sharing my feelings with MrMookie. We love this scent so deeply!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

To me some of the comments here sound strange as I seem to be getting a different impression. At first this came as sour and green-bitter, like lemon and tomato leaf. Not listed I know but that's what it smells like on me. After the top notes evaporate I get into the jasmine phase. A light, probably synthetic but tempered and sensual jasmine supported by ylang traces. No carnation at all for me but some very green geranium, almost non floral, acts as a counterpoint to jasmine smoothness. In the drydown I get musk, synthetic sandalwood and generic wood. There is a green thread throughout the whole life of this EdT that is quite calming and refreshing and strangely sexy without it being animalic or earthy at any point. I feel stupid now but as I sniff my arm over and over I get no nutmeg at all. I am considering purchase because it is a very understated, natural smelling and uncommon scent. What puts me off a bit is the nostrils singeing musk that dominates the base notes in the end.

PS: I also think it is similar to Antaeus in one way. Both feature prominent jasmine notes on woody bases. Main difference is that Antaeus becomes considerably heavier with patchouli and a deeper oakmoss note.

spoombung
spoombung

This was my signature scent for years and years. I still love it's herbal nutmeg and citrus quality (even though my tastes have changed quite a lot since). The problem for me was it became very hard to find in the UK and I got tired of trying to track it down overseas and I gave up on it a bit.

It smells a lot weaker than I remembered in the eighties (I realise this could be an illusion of youth) and longevity is very short; less than an hour on me.

I still have huge affection for it, though, and will always try to have a bottle in my collection.

MrMookie

@RobFrost :Warm in a autumn/winter scent way, i think Anteaus and Cacharel PH are not similar at all, im sorry these are two diffrent scents!
Anteaus is more classic deep and woody and Cachael is herbal mysterious and deep.
They only share the base oakmoss at later stage

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

If you have no idea what Cacharel Pour L'Homme smells like: to my nose, it's similar to Antaeus, but minus Antaeus' animalic note, plus sharper herbal and slight citric and metallic notes. Mellows less than Antaeus in the dry down. Sillage and longevity are comparable to Antaeus'. Unmistakably masculine.

MrMookie

Where are the people now who created scents like these??
I never get that WOW WHATS THAT SMELL feeling anymore these days scents all are clones of eachother safe in corner sitting to get bought and sprayed on and smell ok... i like most but love a few,
And this one i love deeply..

This one TRULY tells me a story! its warm,dark and sophisticated its Autumn when leaves are falling and people are preparing for winter.
Thick coats and shawles walking with your girl in an old city when the winter scents kicks in chimney smells from the houses...
This scent makes me happy!
Its Warmth in a bottle

Lagidae
Lagidae

I, too, first tried it in southern Spain, Marbella, Calle de Nuestra Señora de Gracia. Summer. It was a magical, masculine high that sent me into seventh heaven as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror in the late morning. Ascension from the Palatine into Olympus. My favorite.

ikipi
ikipi

A classic. Vintage extremely aromatic fragrance.
Quite a character. Unlike anything wonderful aroma.

bp
bp

Highest quality.
Pity that this smell is becoming increasingly outdated and outmoded.
Still, I can guarantee that this perfume is excellent.
He loved having a bottle of this wonderful Cacharel.

ION
ION

God knows how successful this was in Greece! This and Drakkar! Literally, everyone wore those perfumes, even men that didn't use to wear perfume at all!
I find it monodimensional, slighlty annoying and not very interesting, but that's just me.
"Cacharel pour Homme" is basically nutmeg as a perfume!
Personally, I like nutmeg in abundance, but only in my bechamel sauce be it on mousaka or pastitsio. Thank you!

sami1961
sami1961

VERRY NICE FRAGRANCE

cardains
cardains

I love this. It reminds me of sophistication and class... a man with warm tanned skin and a clean crisp white shirt on...an older scent for an older, more 'together' man who knows what he wants. It reminds me of success and being comfortable with ones self. A gorgeous warm, lemony, liqourice, nutmeg smell that can floor me with one 'sniff'. lol.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

This is my favorite of them all. I still remember when I first smelled it...southern Spain. There was never another scent that had such an impact on me. One moment I was sampling it, the next it was mine.

A very original scent with class and character. My wife loves it. Nothing comes close. Completely masculine, mysterious, sensual and spicy, yet clean. Cacharel is a classic.

Cylob
Cylob

One of the first fragrances I wore as a teen back in the 80's that actually made sense.

Really loved the fresh blast of the opening and all the woods that came straight after.

Great to see all the notes now. Would have sworn it had citrus in it, but all the freshness seems to come from flowers.

Pleased to see that all those woody notes I learned to love over the years were already combined in one fragrance. Now I see why I loved this fragrances so much.

I'm gonna put it high in my wanted list.
Will get me a big bottle before the summer hits.

A timeless classic!

Edit: 1 day later and I got me a nice 100ml bottle.
Back to the 80's!!! :)
And Valentino is so right on that crappy plastic cap...

Valentino
Valentino

Very charming and uplifting fragrance. CpH starts lemony and floral but very quickly becomes dry and woody. After this it may as well be called 'Nutmeg for Men'! Lucky for me I adore this masculine spice and its self-confidence.

There is a good quality vetiver base (as good as Guerlain's) but a little too subdued and a little smoky.

(NB: I wore this in the 80s and can find no major difference in today's formulation. However the chromed dome cap had been replaced with a cheap plastic job on my 100ml Edt. Shame on you Cacherel!).

glamazoid
glamazoid

is this scent still exist?
amazing scent, remind me of my late father when he young and sporty.
still amazing scent!

jonathanfgh
jonathanfgh

This is a very special fragrance - rich, luxurious and spicy. Warm and very hard to find at most retailers except online. Unlike alot of modern fragrances it does not smell 'synthetic' because of the spices and quality base notes. Cacharel is Long lasting without being overpowering and very SEXY up close. Second only in my opinion to Boucheron and Jaipur in the 'luxury-sexy' stakes. Once tried never forgotten - JFGH.

RobbieX

A lovely spicy unique smell - one of the first I ever bought - wish I could get hold of some more! - A true men's classic.

bronstein
bronstein

I agree this is a classic scent from the 1980s. A shame that it's almost forgotten in Central Europe, as it suits men who were born in the 1950s or earlier.

m_ponte86
m_ponte86

In my point of view this is definitely a classic. It was launched in 1981 ( this is one of those great 80´s fragrances for men)and when i was just a kid(i am 23 now) i loved to steal this from my father´s wardrobe and use it. It was definitely not the best idea(wearing this with 10 year old) but i already loved it.
It is such a warm and spicy fragrance with a powerful and delicious beginning of nutmeg that blends so nicely with light floral heart!! It´s the way how nutmeg blends with the floral heart that makes this a wonderful scent! Nutmeg is delicious in Cacharel pour´homme!!!I wish longevity was better!
In five words: classic, warm,spicy, delicious nutmeg

the_good_life
the_good_life

Happiness is unwrapping your freshly arrived bottle of Cacharel EdT pour L'Homme, a 30ml edition limitée in a beautiful silver and greyish-blue box that contains the even more beautiful bottle that contains an even more beautiful fragrance. Ah, it's even better than the miniature I had, which was pretty much reduced to a (beautiful) nutmeg note, this here is evidently in perfect condition, so I get the wonderfully fresh citrus opening which transmutes into that incredible nutmeg extravaganza, I can even sense the florals doing the backing vocals. God, this nutmeg could just go on forever (I confess I am a sucker for all those Chistmas goodies), but the gentle drydown into relaxing woods, like a soft-focused, impressionistic complement to Creed's Bois du Portugal, the spicy nutmeg still lingering, is just as satisfying and a wonderful conclusion to this journey. Wonderful, unique, exactly the kind of experience I'm into this whole fragrance thing for. Cacharel pour L'Homme, the warm glow of comfort, soothing body and soul.

moonflower79
moonflower79

I love this perfume. I'm a woman and in my opinion, it is 100% totally and utterly perfect unisex scent. I purchased a bottle of this about 1 month ago and have been wearing it. Just decanted some for my boyfriend - he loves it too!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Men, please wear this! It's gorgeous and hasn't aged in my opinion, it doesn't say 80s to me. I love the fact it smells lickable (I don't mean likeable!) but not sickly. Nutmeg is an inspired choice - clean, yet comforting, it's used to liven up rice pudding and similar dishes. This is definitely one for evening I think - when you're a little more dressed up maybe? At least a shirt anyway. I wanted to wear it at times, and dabbed on my boyfriend's - but while it's definitely not a sportsy macho fragrance, or psycho corporate apprentice, it is MALE! It's not hippy or for hanging out though, I think.

vertigo
vertigo

Cacharel pour homme is citrus-spicy.
I think it's made for men of sophisticated taste, who like freedom and latitude, who are happy and pleased with life.
It's a "burning freshness" !
Adds a lot of energy and warmth.

guillermostf
guillermostf

It was one of my first perfumes, and its smell it's very magic to me. It's an unusual fragrance, not for everyone.

perryforever
perryforever

I love this scent. I first smelt it when I was about 15 and fell in love with it. I'm going to get hold of some. It's the spicy pepperyness of that inital hit that gets me loving it. I'm not a musky scent person for my own wardrobe but I'd love to smell this on a real man.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Gorgeous nutmeg smell, that captures the essence of the late 80s boy for me. Lovely. PS I also think some women could get away with wearing this.

Cacharel Pour Homme by Cacharel 4.39 out of 5 based on 328 ratings and 80 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Cacharel Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Cacharel Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cacharel Pour Homme by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cacharel Pour Homme by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.