Designers » C » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 638 I had it: 705 I want it: 315 My signature: 20

yellow floral
Eden Cacharel for women Videos
Eden Cacharel for women Pictures Eden Cacharel for women Pictures Eden Cacharel for women Pictures

This is one of the most famous Cacharel fragrances. The opening blends luminuous citrus notes. The cold water freshness of water lily in the heart is combined with heady floral notes (tuberose, mimose, jasmine, rose and lily-of-the-valley) and sweet juicy fruits (pineapple and mellon). The water notes are in the perfect harmony with sharp patchouli and warm woody base of cedar, sandal and Tonka bean. The perfume was created by Jean Guichard in 1994.

See Eden Cacharel video ad

Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot Lemon

Mimose Pineapple Tuberose Melon Pomegranate blossom Jasmine Water Lily Lily-of-the-Valley Lotus Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Black locust Cedar

Love
Rosabotanica

Eden Fragrance Reviews

saskia21
saskia21

I hadn't tried this perfume before,and after reading some of the reviews,I was prepared to find a really heavy,enters the room before you do,off putting fragrance..However after trying Eden for the first time,I love it!

Certainly not in the Opium,Poison silage monster category at all,but very unusual and like nothing I have used before.
I'm not able to distinguish many individual notes with frags yet,but I love this combination.
Perfect for spring summer,and I like the unique box and flacon.
Will definitely be repurchasing,especially as my mother now has my bottle!

Hallonix
Hallonix

Just... not my cup of tea. On my skin it smells somewhat like burning plastic that has been dipped in to one of those perfumes my grandmother used to wear ages ago. (I liked my grandmothers perfumes.) There is something fruity and powdery going on underneath, but that's just about it. If the sharp burning plastic thing wasn't around, I would say that this is pleasant, but now... not on my skin atleast.
Still, this lasts long, doesn't seem to change at all.
I really wanted to like this, by all the other reviews it sounded so good...

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

would love a sample of this if anyone is in the u.s. and is willing to part with a ml or 2 please PM me. Thanks!

flaneur
flaneur

i bought a bottle of this for my mum, as i remember someone in the family wearing it in the '90s. she loves it - and i do too. it's very unique. ethereal - rather like the pretty bottle itself. people comment on how lovely she smells. it also has great staying power - it still lingers even after clothes are washed. there's a place for showy fragrances, and this one certainly is. not in a bad way though.
i kind of wish i could wear it myself but i don't think it's me. this will be 'mum' now, for a long time.
alexandra m - i love how you call it a little inappropriate :)

alexandra.m
alexandra.m

Now. This is not for the faint hearted. And not for the ones looking for a safe fragrance. Yes, it is bold, daring, different and all that's been said before. And it can be lethal if left in heavy hands. It's still beautifully unique. One of those perfumes which is impossible to describe and to mistaken for something else. It doesn't even matter if it suits your skin type, it must suit your personality. You know that haute couture gowns you are seing on TV while wondering who would wear this in real life? That's the equivalent of Eden. A little artificial, a little inappropriate, definitely making a difference.
Although I don't wear it too often, I can't give it up - it's been my signature perfume since I can remember... the tonka bean, tuberose, melon and cedar are very distinct notes for me.
Lasts overnight on my skin and it is to be handled with care - a spray on the wrist should be enough.

Q80
Q80

this perfume is very nice actually and quite notable, once you wear it everyone knows that it is EDEN, unique, quite different & very strong. Not as everybody says "Candy", i feel its sweetish heavy body moisturizer.
i personally like it but i won't wear it cause everybody knows it so i prefer the unknown perfumes :)

pyji
pyji

What??? I was expecting an unholy stench but it just smells like candy... Why does it have so many dislikes? It's just pleasant.

DarlingOne
DarlingOne

Okay, this perfume is the reason why I signed up, in the first place. As I am not an expert in describing main accords and scents, I will give you my experience with Jean Guichard's Eden.
Few years ago, I was in a search for a new signature scent and wanted to redefine my style in perfumes, as I was growing into a young adult. Somewhere I heard about Cacharel Eden, I was curious so I asked a friend whose sister owns A LOT of perfumes, on her opinion. She told me that Eden is one of the rare perfumes she has repurchased twice. That intrigued me to try it myself. My first encounter was, of course, with the package. Design of the box is so retro - dark green with white flowers and in strange lettering. It had a warm and quirky but at the same time distant, secretive and kinda evil 70s feel to it. I liked it, and I never knew I could find such a design pleasing to my eye. Than came the bottle. Jade green, strangely shaped with a cheap looking plastic cap. And then came the scent... I have never ever, nor, I believe, will ever in my life smell something so intoxicating, enchanting, strange, beautiful, unusual and unique as Eden. Immediately this became my all time favorite and to this day I haven't smelled anything that captivated me as much. For this kind of scent to be named Eden and put in a box with such a design, puts entirely different spin on the idea of heaven - dark green forest, moist and warm full of white flowers and Eve, hidden somewhere deep in it, a queen of her kingdom, ruling over all the strange creatures, only woman, distinctive among everything else, pleased to be it so.
This is a perfume for a woman who is different. It doesn't matter in what way, just different, strong and unique, and loves to smell like it.
This is my idea of paradise in a bottle.

samsara1977
samsara1977

can they please stop producing this? I have to endure this once a week for 4 hours in class and it smells like melting, old candy mixed with an overdated perfume. There are not many perfumes I dislik, but this is one of it.

nowheregal
nowheregal

i can't believe and understand why this has so many dislikes. this really smells more expensive than it actually costs. also smells mature yet young.

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

Smelt this fragrance with my sister in Boots. She hated it at first she said it smelt like mildew. I loved it from the off and encouraged her to smell it again and she now thinks it is lovely. A very long lasting perfume. A friend of mine tried it and it wasn't till I could smell it on her that I realised how brilliant the sillage is. Ugly bottle but pretty box.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I'm in two minds about the bottle but this juice is divine! Not sweet, confectionery girly girl - rather, magically green and herbaceous, with patchouli and delicate woods. I'm not getting the citrus though. It's an exotic, classy and womanly fragrance. It lasts a gazillion years on the skin and I can only say that it's now so adored by me that it's pushed my beloved Montana Parfum de Peau off my top shelf, and I didn't think that would ever happen. I've just bought a 50ml back up bottle of Eden. Mm mmm!

mihaela01
mihaela01

I ordered a sample because I was curious to try the monster everyone is saying Eden is.Well I fell in love,yes it is a strong scent,fresh at the begining then warm,clean and slightly powdery.Wonderful.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I used to work with two ladies, who are about 40 years older than me and they wore this a lot... i loved it! I used to view it as an 'older' scent because of this but i recently tried it on my skin and fell in love!

Such a warm, clean, fresh, green scent :)

luna rebel
luna rebel

This perfume smells very natural. It's the closest scent I've found to damp earth, and I've been looking for that scent for a while now. White floral? If I had looked at this description before buying this perfume, I would have never thought this scent would be so unique and earthy. This is certainly like no white floral I own, and I barely get any flowers from this. It is all patchouli, wet earth, and melon (in the drydown). This perfume is simply awesome. A lot of people dislike this because it doesn't smell like flowers, fruit, or candy. It's not your typical mild body-spray type scent. But that's alright, I'm kind of glad they dislike it. That means more for me!!!

vicol_daniela
vicol_daniela

Eau d'Eden it's made by God .....and Eden it's made by people. You can not compare this 2

bindeebel
bindeebel

This one is not for the faint hearted! It's overpowering , very distinct scent nothing like it I have found before. A few people have said its terrible and others like it. So I'm weary to wear it or not, hubby not a fan?i think more suited older women The bottle is a tad daggy and the perfume itself expensive. It reminds me of a forest vanilla quirky scent.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Oh dear, I agree with one reviewer here saying that Eden was simply 'too much'. I think the heavy patchouli with the tuberose ruined it for me. A couple of hours after I sprayed this on my skin it irritated my nose (itchy). It was no wonder why Eden can be found very cheaply where I live and it is discounted all year round. Not for me but it may suit other people.

zaynaz
zaynaz

I had to try this because the reviews seemed so polarised. And I find it polarises me too, I fairly sure I like it but it's so different to everything else I've tried that it's hard to really compare it to anything else.

This is such a strange, layered scent I'm pretty sure I won't be able to describe it. It goes on as a strong white floral, but I can't really pick the notes apart because right behind it's floweriness is a big fat dose of galbanum. I tried Lush's The Bug recently and that opens with full on galbanum- it's powerfully green but has this weird sweetness that reminds me of Sweet Tarts. Either that or perhaps when you mash together a variety of florals you get something that's more aggressively 'planty' than 'flowery'. Whatever it is I like it, it's sort of an invigorating scent.

It has fruit in there, I definitely get the melon, or rather the skin of the melon- you know, where it gets a bit bitter tasting. I think I get the pineapple too, but it's subtle and again more of the 'skin' (or the bit where they cut it of the plant, where it gets a bit bitter and rotten).

After a while it gets a bit less herbaceous, but it starts to smell a little of turpentine. It gets back a bit of its white florals (kind of reminds me of lemon blossoms). It goes powdery too, especially the further away from me it is. It finally gets a little bit of sandalwood...

God this is a weird fragrance. It isn't (to me) what most women's fragrances set out to be- sexy, feminine, pretty, clean, soft or some combination of those things. I agree with a review that said there's nothing 'skin like' about it, there's nothing warm or musky or super sweet here. It smells like nature, in a wild, overgrown, moist with dew kind of way. Normally with perfumes I can picture where I would wear it or the type of person I imagine would wear it. With this I can't, really, the only thing that comes to mind is the 'human cactus people' from some China Mieville novels. I think the bottle fits the scent really well. Even though I'm not sure that I really like it there's been something about Eden that's made me want to try it over and over since I got it. It wears long and strong too. I'm glad this bold fragrance exists.

lisa.vokorina
lisa.vokorina

As it turns out we all might be reviewing different fragrances here. When I tried this fragrance in the store I really loved it. But when I bought myself a bottle (2011 batch) I was so disappointed - it turned rotten on my skin. I tried to wear it but couldn't.

Luckily, I had another bottle made in July 2010 (which technically should have expired by now). So today I have opened this one without much hope and voila! it smells nice. The drydown is to die for! This is the smell I fell in love with two years ago.

I guess the reformulation took place somewhere in between 2010 and 2011. So if you 'smell a rat' - chech yor batch code. And yes, shame on Cacharel.

Libran
Libran

Words fail me, I don't know quite how to describe this fragrance. I love it and have worn it on and off for years but I am not sure what it is that keeps bringing me back. It's fresh and green, then it's got a spice to it, there are aquatic notes, a real kick that dries down. A perfume dichotomy!! This is magical and mysterious, sexy moss notes that bewitch! You have to try it!

kneissl
kneissl

A relative of mine (female) with very sophisticated taste in perfumes told me I have really odd tastes in fragrance. Ah well, I dare to be different sometimes! On that note I adore Cacharel Eden! I sampled this very late in life because I used to wear Anais Anais all the time and a recent purchase left me very disappointed. Eden is indeed quite a strange fellow but somehow it works with my chemistry and the result is euphoric to my nose. I cannot stop smelling myself! It is a pungent warm white floral with a hint of damp sweet leaves and a touch of ripe fruit.

Update 6 Nov 2013 : I just opened a "new" bottle of Eden and checked the batchcode as suggested by lisa.vokorina above and mine is from 5/2011 according to the site I used. Yep, it is very different!!! My old one was a huge bottle which I purchased on eBay a couple of years ago and now I wish I had purchased a whole case! This one is really quite harsh on the opening and I don't get the creamy white floral and it quickly evolves into a woody peppery incense that hurts my nose. The patchouli is more pronounced as well. A much louder Eden to be sure and just like some old favourites of mine namely Champagne/Yvresse, Anais Anais, Eternity ... it's been murdered! :o(

EmiliM
EmiliM

There is something about late autumn and early spring. A feeling in the air or a vibe.
A lot of people think of something dark or negative when they think about autumn. I don't.
Instead of naked trees I think of the golden carpet covering the dull grayness of concrete streets. Instead of mud I think of the sound of rain and the smell of freshness after it and my yellow umbrella. Instead of the cold I think of trench coats and colourful scarves frittering on the wind.

Then there is early spring. When spring is about to come, you can feel it. The air is softer. And while other people can't wait for the transition to be over, I enjoy the the times between the seasons.

Eden is those two vibes bottled. Eden is nature. Eden is magic. Eden is a dark pinewood forest with a pond and a small waterfall and a secret, magic cave behind it and a grass covered hill looking upon it. Forest of Eden is full of magical creatures which don't want to be seen, but you know they are there. Everything is covered with soft fluffy moss. The Flowers of Eden are poisonous. Colours of Eden are blue and green.

Eden is windy. Eden is full of life. Eden is perfect.

SayakaP
SayakaP

This is the strangest smell I've ever known.
I can't forget the shock I had when I tested it for the first time.

So strange that I had to check this page out to see if there're nyone who loves this.

Ok, there are.... I respect these people.
I will have to go to a department store tomorrow & try it again!

Nil3
Nil3

This perfume is too much. it has too much....it smells like too much. It can cause too much. If Eden smells like this,I don't wanna go to heaven.

iris_iris
iris_iris

"I know I'm fucking moody
And I know I'm quite unkind
I know I'm kinda of distant (always)
But you're always on my mind

I guess I'm quite controlling
and I know I'm insecure
and I know you'd like it better
if I opened up some more

not withstanding I think we could
work out just fine"

I think that describes Eden well. It's a quite similar situation to Thierry Mugler's Alien in my experience.

Beautiful perfume, strong, floral, syrupy almost but just very hard to wear because it smells nothing like... skin. It has it's own life, one day it may be perfect and the next just makes you sick and dizzy. The ingridients are just so synthetic and remarkably strong that they just always stand out. Eden is a perfume that you'll just always smell on yourself, not confusing it with anything else.

Know how some people say that the best perfume for someone is the one that one can't smell on oneself? Well then, that's just some serious BS. How the balls can You not smell perfumes like Eden, Poison, Opium, Elephant everytime You move? They were made that way just for this purpose!

For me main notes that stand out in Eden are greens, patch and sandalwood. It's syrupy but not in sweet way, more like in... Jägermeister. Very, very herbal.

That said, I love Eden. It's like this really odd person that You've met in Your life and he or she just pops out in Your mind to this point because of something she/he said or did. Can be annoying, but most of the time they just put a light smile on Your face.

arzacu
arzacu

A masterpiece from Cacharel.

Sweet, but a classic kind of sweetness, not like the candy-sweet fragrances that today are in the market, this one smells sweet but luxury, it's thick, very very floral, and fresh at the same time.

Lots of flowers are in the opening, with the freshness of a mix of fruits, and blended with strong patchouli.

I would define it as a classic perfume, a white floral with hints of fruits.

The bottle is so pretty, I love it.

It's a perfume that reminds me very much of the 90's.

Great for winter or as a night fragrance, but be careful, use with caution, only two or three sprays and you're done, it's a strong, and believe me... A CLASSIC STRONG FRAGRANCE! if you wear it in a huge amount, could be cloying and disturbing.

But still being one of my favourites perfumes ever!

RedLady
RedLady

I have this but I don’t like it. Thankfully, it was a cheap birthday present.
It’s balmy, thick and heavy, which I suppose is to be expected from white florals. But I find it hard to detect specific notes cos there are so many!
It’s quite suffocating – please use only the lightest sprays to avoid taking anyone’s head off.
Headache inducing.

degauss
degauss

The real experience of this scent versus the notes given here - the disparity - makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone. It's heavy. The scent is heavy, sweet and bitter, woodsy and unique; one of the most unique perfumes in this category - if it can be called such, and one of the most successful. The sweetness is very mature and the bitterness is impeccably sophisticated and smooth. It's not a complementary detail to anyone's image, and using it as such is just an insult to the art of perfumery. It's not flirty, coquettish, or light-hearted. It's not even femme fatale, it scoffs at her theatrics and self-absorption. This scent is your queen, a heady vision, a fever dream thrown into sharp relief - who does not scheme but has a plan instead. There is no promise of romance, of softness, of yielding. It says: look me in the eye. It says: I am not a good person, I am a person who knows themselves.

To wit, it is a masterpiece.

Which has, apparently, been reformulated and I've managed to snag a pre-reformulation - I shudder to call something that's been the only possible version of Eden just a few years back vintage; it's not "vintage", it's the only real Eden there will ever be - bottle by a lucky accident.

As for the reformulation, I've familiarized myself with it just now, and it's a joke. It smells like the ghost of Eden, like the aged popstar that just won't quit when the time is right instead choosing to turn themselves into a parody of their old self. A tired park where tired couples go to snatch a few hours sans their children after going to a nice restaurant. The reformulation is exactly the sort of "interesting" evening scent you wear to this hypothetical nice restaurant to with hopes that your husband will notice, and you won't go through the motions like the last dinner without the kids, and you will miraculously remember why your marriage worked in the first place. Sad to disappoint you, but there will be no miracles here. The state of art perfume has been replaced by a sweeter (but of course), blander and unobjectionable imposter that any Mary, Susan and Jane can wear. Congrats on the influx of new buyers, Cacharel. I hope the cash is worth the loss of reputation.

piahellgren
piahellgren

A truly brave fragrance. I wore this for a while when it came out and just got it again after a trip to London. I really like it. I cannot say LOVE because it IS strange and somewhat... frothy and a LITTLE bit like rottening flower water. YET it is rare and exquisite. it is really a strange fragrance which many reviewers say. It smells green, sweet, watery, damp, mossy and almost baby poopyish at the same time. I do think what is being so peculiar about it is the COMBINATION of aquatic and balmy, which are two things that usually never are combined in scents. It makes this one confusing, interesting, original, a bit overwhelming - all at the same time! Even though white flowers are noted before yellow flowers I smell yellow flowers way stronger. I smell the mimosa VERY much in Eden as I do the pineapple and in the end VERY pretty woods. The water lily is what kind of breaks the very sultry green/yellow smell of this- it is the water lily that is the "culprit" of making the fragrance so strange YET real - usually used with lighter fruit and only "lighter" flowers. Like other reviewers say- the dry down is truly, truly nice- yummy patchouli and woods- to me more real patchouli than in all them fruitchoulis made now. I cannot so much detect the tuberose and the tonka, but I think, really, that is because even though a VERY strange fragrance it is immaculately blended. I would actually say it has potential of a classic since it is SO original and brave.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I have no idea why I bought 10 mL of this... I must've mixed it up with the name of something else. When I sniffed it at first I was like "what a grandma-fragrance! Smells just as bad as its cardboard-box looks!". It's very heavy on the lily-of-the-valley on me. Then I smelt it in a smaller amount and found that it was a very green, flowery, foresty smell - not the type of Eden I'd imagined. It's not the: "Here I can magically create a smell better than them all". It's not an airy fragrance, but strong and... primitive, like: "I gathered these plants in the forest and crushed them in a bowl". And when Eve gathered these plants she wanted Adam to smell this mix and get all blurry-eyed, head spinning intoxicated.

A lot of people say this doesn't work well in the summer, but should be worn in the winter. I'll see if I change my mind then.

Dioguh
Dioguh

My moms fav scent. Its really good for winter time :)

Kim1980
Kim1980

There's something extraordinairy with this smell. Somethimes I adore it. Somethimes I start to feel a bit ill from this perfume. I never know in advance what it will be. It's an absolute unique fragance. You hate or love it. I love it in summer and I love it in winter. Some days I wash it off because of a suddenly upcomming ' fed up with this fragance feeling'. I cannot really discribe it. It's exactly the same as the smell of a brand new car does with me. Eden: Too heavy for dinnertime. Too risky as a present, too risky on a first date or another meeting where first impression counts. You have to dare to wear it and therefor I'm always interested in what kind of person is wearing this smell. I want to follow, wich makes Eden a very good chosen name! It's such an interesting fragance that I have to sniff it several times a month. It's not my favourite, but there is something in it wich keeps me connected.

arrokaj
arrokaj

it was a gift and it was too heavy sent for me . it's very very longlasting and you have to spry only a little

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

Wow this one gets a *lot* of dislikes. I used to own this shortly after it had been released and I must say I really liked it and I still do appreciate the scent. On the other hand I can kind of see what people hate about it. Where I would say this is warm and smooth and balmy and deep, someone else may say it's sticky and sickly and cloying and weird. They are very close together in this scent.
I personally wouldn't use this anymore because I associate it with being an awkward teenager rather than an awkward thirty-something, but I do have a little place for it in my heart.
I would recommend giving this one an honest go, do not be put off by negative reviews because yes you might hate it, but then again you might love it! It's *not* a bad perfume, it just isn't to everyone's taste. Just try before you buy: spray it on your skin rather than paper and leave the shop, come back for it once you've caught a few whiffs of the lovely dry-down. Or rush home and scrub it off, should you hate it, it's about 50/50!
Oh and for those who do like this fragrance: try the body butter, it comes in a beautiful jar and it feels ever so luxurious.

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

a weirdo... i can't help but think of babies and their milk or breastfeeding, although i rather smell some flowery vibe and exotic fruits, especially pineapple. a very funny picture of paradise then presents itself to me and, childishly, amuses me. it leaves me a hint of guilty pleasure and i feel as pervy as an infant savouring a naughty secret.
so while i approve of the smell and in a way enjoy my eden fantasy, it tends to make me a little self-conscious when wearing this indoors which is why i presently don't wear it very often. i have a feeling that my habits might change in this case though...

Mirlo

Ok, so I already reviewed this perfume last year, but I had to say that I changed my mind a little and acquired a bottle.
"Eden" reminds me of a path of white flower petals passing through a shady, exotic, dark green forest with lots of rampant vegetation and tall damp trees, mossy stones, big white flowers covered with raindrops and green ponds with water plants growing inside them. It's heavy and humid and hypnotic. Really unique. I think you'll like it if you like the "classics", since this is not a fragrance that goes unnoticed.

It has definately grown on me, although I still find people around me don't like it as much as me or even hate it, which is frustrating.
The other day I was wearing it at a family meeting and, as I whisked by my dad, he asked if someone had sprayed on "Reflex" - a brand of topical analgesic for muscles and sinews which has a VERY offensive and nauseating smell (my parents always had a bottle a home and we're all very familiar with the icky stench). When I told him that what he had smelled was my expensive Cacharel perfume, he looked quite puzzled. LoL
In case you're wondering, I was catious not to "over-do it".
I asked him to sniff it once more and he didn't seem to like it much that second time either. To my despair, my boyfriend isn't a big fan either, although I think he didn't complain out of politeness. Other friends and relatives were in general not overly enthusiastic, to say the very least.
One of my friends who's keen on "Flower" by Kenzo and similarly heavy scents did actually like it, but she said that she could understand why some people might find it offensive or unappealing.
Like most Cacharel fragrances, it's worth to give it a try, in my opinion. You might love it or hate it, who knows.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Juicy fruits, exotic flowers, a bit of star anise and patchuli. Who could imagine this comb would turn into one of the most exquisit aromas in perfumery? Eden is very sofisticated if you apply it with parsimony. I suggest this trick: apply one spritz on wrists and then rub wrists slightly behind your ears. Perfect!

chimidoro
chimidoro

The reformulation of this is an absolute disaster; completely losing the illusion of an untouched tropical rainforest with mossy pools & lily pads. The reformulation just reeks of eucalyptus? fir? pine trees? olbas oil?

When I was a child & owned a large bottle of the original, I had hoped that as an adult I would be able to appreciate it to the full, but the reformulation has truly pooped my party.

I can't comment on the dry down as I didn't make it that far, so this is more of a warning than a review.
If you were a fan of the original formulation, be sure to try before you buy!

Dillinger
Dillinger

This is one of the most offensive fragrances I have had the misfortune to smell - it's cloying, sickly and makes me feel headachy. Really unpleasant.

kasienka
kasienka

This fragrance is very elegant, very floral, slightly powdery and feminine.
This one is sophisticated.
For me: special and unique.
Remind me of an elegant woman of the 80s.
Strong and powerfull scient.

MaterDei
MaterDei

I love this - for me, the first scent that hits is the Patchouli - and I love it. Not too heavy, not too light and has a good 4-6 hrs fragrance time. Good for an old hippie like me.

rennaissance
rennaissance

oh i adore this!..these days ,the beginning of summer in greece, i just cant get enough!!!!...it really makes my day......anyone who doesnt like it id love to swap for it......love it!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Cacharel’s Eden is to perfumery as Carmen Miranda’s headgear was to millinery.

It is a triumph of structural engineering and sheer chutzpah over anything so petty and awful as good taste.

It is a vibrant, vulgar, un-beautifully brash affair and utterly brilliant with it.

The briefest opening of mandarin, peach and citrus is busied out of the way by a giant over ripe pineapple aroma that will see the composition through.

This is no mean achievement for this prince among fruits is joined by practically every other note that the nose can think of… acacia blossom in abundance, tuberose on top, some water lily, which, whatever it may have been intended to smell of, has the effect of adding sweetness.

There is a determined jasmine to keep the whole confection from toppling over, more blossom, a pyramid of melon balls, a little rose and a definitely discernible lily of the valley.

All of them fake.

All self-conscious olfactory effigies, designed to smell enough like but not just like the things they resemble.

All for magnificent effect.

Rumbling underneath keeping things just green and strange enough is an actually not too artificial patchouli that will assist with the segue into a wood-effect finish.

This fragrance has as much to do with that first garden as Henri Rousseau’s primitive Parisian pictures have with the actual jungle.

But like those fantastical visual musings that are in paint what this is in perfume, taken as a whole this Eden is seriously unsettling, disarmingly whimsical, magical even, and utterly unlike anything else.

Unique and strangely splendid.

Like jungles in Paris.

mariana7945
mariana7945

i smelled this perfume a few days ago, and i liked it. it was fresh and i thought it was a very original perfume, i have never smelled something similar. But then i remembered a perfume called Agua by Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and i thought they smelled similar

Fonna
Fonna

Okay. I had to try this one, just because.

Okay....a light breeze of air from a flower field, and at first it smells pretty good, then it's on!!
BAM! Someone hits you with mimosa and limes on the left, and before you can turn around to see who it was, BOOM, fruit, lots of fruit hits you on the right.
Then your stunned, and smell flower fields again, but it's a different flower field, of different flowers.

Then it changes again to I just don't know.
and I am laying in a field of fruit and flowers stunned....all within a time limit of 30 seconds.

This perfume beat me up and scared me......lol

I'll just say Eden is the right name as it is a big, big garden of everything.

ninius
ninius

Oh my god. I wanted to try this cause I thought it would be nice scent at least according to the notes but how wrong was I. This smells like mold and mud or something musty like that. Just ew.

lily13ana
lily13ana

My eden bottle has a problem, actually the paint started to clear in the place the cap fixes on the bottle, does anyone encountered this? i have the 50 ml bottle, the smell stays on my skin for at least 10 hours, it projects strongly in the first 2 hours and then it stays pretty close to the skin. I thought it is original, but now i doubt about that.
Can you help me please, i want to know if i can trust the site i bought it from. ty.

solbrasil

D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s...has been my signature for decades, since when I lived in Brasil..., unfortunately cacharel doesnt produce it anymore in US. Ordering by internet from europe is a little IF because you never know if you are getting the real thing...Last order gave me a terrible headache....new formulation or a counterfeit (????)...
oach Coach EDP smells very similar (my daughter is chemistry and has a wonderful nose...she detected many similar notes in both). I checked in the notes search and Eden and Coach EDP are the only two in the whole database that have "mimose, water lilly, jasmin, sandalwood and cedar" in the composition...Coach coach edp will be my new signature scent :)...

DKriz
DKriz

From the first spray to many hours later I smell an awful swampy water that never changes nor goes away. This being my virgin review on Fragrantica I am desperately trying to distinguish the notes in this one. Unfortunately all I get on my skin is realistically reminiscent of the water from a vase (during the heat of summer) long after you have thrown out the flowers ... arghh! Also, this is the only perfume in my very small collection that actually turns my stomach, and I am very sorry to report this to all Eden fans. That said, I do gravitate towards the adventurous/outrageous floral fragrances from the 80/90s and did re-try this one many times (thou always by myself!) to give it a fair go - but sadly to no avail. Cacharel fragrances do seem to be very polarizing and I feel that my next review should be on my very much loved Lou Lou!

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

My mom had it years ago, I remembered as a nice, sweetish ( not like modern sweet smells) scent. I remember i was smelling the bottle even when the perfume was gone. It was a miniature, no atomiser.
I wanted to remind myself the smell and I proceeded to bravely spray my wrist.
Don't know if it's been reformulated or it's just that I remembered it differently. New Eden is a shock to the system.
Green, wet, strong!!! Killer. It's not a shy fragrance, one can easilly overdo it.
This one is not for me. I visualise wet meadows, swamps even. I will give it a go in a while.
I don't have much luck with Cacharel... Lou Lou, Anais Anais, Eden... Liked by my mum, but not me. Amor Amor - that's a different story! :)

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

BEAUTIFUL! Sensual!! You must be frugal applying it..Just spray at the back of your neck right after you step out of shower..and a tiny little spray right on the heart chakra..and that's it..You and everyone around you will love it!

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I like it because it's like no other perfume.

B.
B.

When I tried so that I could let those around me see what it smelled like, all they got was lime (the bergamot I'm guessing), sweet soap (one or a blend of the white floral notes) and incense (sandalwood). Very pleasant. At times it seems to be non-existent on the skin but formed a soft haze around it. Has no alcohol smell when you first spray it, all you get are the wonderful top notes. Couldn't smell any melon, which is a very good thing. It started to fade slightly after 10 hours, but then after applying water to the area, the smell reactivated for another hour or two. However there is a slight dryness to the base notes which made me thirsty, but if you like dry perfumes, this will be perfect for you. I want to give this a 9/10. It is well worth the money.

EDIT: In cooler weather or when over-sprayed, I got plastic and creamy anise, but not at all unpleasant. Very futuristic. Couldn't detect any dryness. Even better than I originally thought.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Ohhh. I really wanted to like this. I have vowed to give all Cacharel perfumes a try and to try really hard to love them all.

But sadly, I could not. I really cannot stand it. It made me feel ill to my stomach and I am catching myself unconsciously holding my breath and holding my arm as far away from my face as possible! *shame*

I see it has a cult following here. It was such an awful powdery/sweet/floral/aquatic mess on me. I am so sad. I love the box/bottle!!! This is one tuberose that does not agree with me. All I get is an odd kind of stubborn scent that I cannot understand. I should have looked more closely at the notes before blind buying. Tuberose and melon + aquatic flowers = a big no-no for me.

oliver1h
oliver1h

In my opinion this is one of the most sensual women's fragrances.
Though it does not work on everyones skin, but when it works...

plumblossom
plumblossom

I was afraid about Eden, I've heard, read so many bad reviews on it! so I was expecting something very special. Actually I like it, but I admit that it is really strong when you spray it for the first time. This is not a common fragrance. Oddly I can't smell mimose at all.

RobbieX

Amazing sillage from a gorgeous womens' fragrance. A classic and, yes, it is a masterpiece.

VampLady
VampLady

Unique.

Just amazing!

A masterpiece from Cacharel.

artsyrn
artsyrn

At first I was on the fence with this one. I liked the initial scent, kinda sweet and interesting...then I was ambivilent, as the sweetness became louder and almost screechy. This questionable phase did'nt last long before finally settling into a beautiful scent with moderate sillage and great lasting power. I wore this to work and recieved several compliments..."you smell so good", or "what is that pretty scent?" So, I will count this recent acqusition among my top picks. Eden, I am a fan.

Celticprincess
Celticprincess

Extremely feminine, it's unique but classic. My mam wore it for years and it's lovely. Unfortunately it's one of the perfumes that triggers my migraines.

Bought a new bottle - have they changed the formula? Don't smell the same at all. Dissapointed! Threw it away, will not buy another one if its not the old formula.

Köpte ny flaska på parfymonline.se och den luktar inte som den gamla Eden. Omformulerad? Kundtjänst hävdade äkta vara men vägrade att ta Eden i retur, vilket de ska enligt KO's regler.

Alice Walker
Alice Walker

Very very strong smelling, not good if you have a headache, however it has a very unique smell. It smelled great on my friend but I found it to be quite overpowering on me. I do like the perfume though

D@n!
D@n!

É um dos meus favoritos...afrodisíaco, uma mistura de aromas: cítrico, fresco, doce,floral, sensual, misterioso... Para dias e noites de calor. LOVE IT

curvealert
curvealert

Bleeeeeeeee...this isn't a perfume on me; it's an assault! I'm glad others get something out of this scent, but this just gave me a headache. Pass!

Lintu
Lintu

To me, this perfume smells salty. My aunt really likes it but when she wears it all I can think of is "salt, salt, salt".

Alexandre
Alexandre

Eden does justice to the name it has, for this masterpiece really seems to have come from heaven! Its composition is totally unusual, hard to find a scent that resembles this essence!
It has a multiple identity, while it is green, minty floral, woody, powdery, dusty oriental sweet, all wrapped in a great cloud of incense!
I have a crush on opaline bottles, this is so simple but charming and the design of the box is so beautiful.
Very elegant, mysterious, sophisticated and differentiated, can be perfectly unisex. At the same time intense but not invasive.
It's like love or hate, I get the first choice!

Janey1966
Janey1966

The one thing I remember vividly about this perfume was it's incredibly strong smell. I can't remember what it was as it was such a long time ago I bought Eden although I have not bought it since. The reason being is; no matter how sparingly I used this perfume I got an absolute blinding headache..Miracle by Lancome does the same, which is why I have never bought that.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

This perfume is the little sister to Paco Rabanne Nuit! The ingredients are not similar but Eden smells like a more wearable version of Nuit. I am intrigued.

Happy Perfuming!♥

Eden - the princesse of house Cacharel. A true gem that needs to be handle VERY carefully. Less is almost too much. One spritz makes you smell wonderful all day/night. 2-3 spritzes turns you to a stinkbomb. Great white flowers in a beautiful mix with Mimose, Sandalwood, Tonkabean, Rose and Magnolia with a small airy hint of fruity notes. A wonderful Princesse - (and the queen of Cacharel in my opinion - Glora, of course!)

Eden belongs to the group of very strong-long-smelling parfumes, so if you like: JPG Classique, Knowing, Amarige, LouLou and Shalimar, Eden is worth trying.

Eden - prinsessan av Cacharel. En riktig juvel som måste hanteras MYCKET varsamt. Lite är nästan för mycket. 1 sprejning får dig att dofta underbart hela dagen/natten. 2-3 sprejningar gör dig till en stinkbomb. Härliga vita blommor i en underbar blandning av Mimosa, Sandelträ, Tonkaböna, Ros och Magnolia, med en aningens luftiga fruktdoftnoter. En underbar prinsessa - (och drottningen av Cacharel - Glora, såklart!

Eden tillhör gruppen superstarka, hållbara parfymer. Så om du gillar JPG Classique, Knowing, Amarige, LouLou och Shalimar - då ska du prova Eden.

Lumiere

Today I had opportunity to test 2 legendary cacharel perfumes-LouLou and Eden. Eden was on my right wrist. And, Oh God, how strong and naughty he is. He is a houligant, lol! Strong spicy notes surrounded me in a cloud, somehow raising from my wrist. It settled into a creamy beauty later on. It is a scent that I would wear to a family or friend's dinner, anticipating long night day/night ahead-Eden will make sure that fresh air, otherr people scents, smells of food, dress fabrics will not wash it away. it will be there when I come home. That's how I want it! Beware though-small sprey goes a long way even for my taste.

LouLou, though sharing that same base, is 100 per cent a girl. She is discreet, close to skin and her layers are softer. First spray on my left wrist-it is almost another era. I can not even distinguish the notes or my impression. Leather...sweet...vanilla..creamy...flowers-what flowers? Must be those that were growing in 80s:))) Once it is settled, you can safely go to office, friends" get together or to bed...with ssomeone you choose. It is like second skin smell, so truly blended it is.

Sometimes I regret that I can not live all these lives...my own life is too short to live as LouLou woman...Eden woman...and hundred of other dignified ones...

Gurda Pierce
Gurda Pierce

I bought Eden some years ago and had it in my closet for some 3 years. When i eventually started using it, i found that it was really strong when you spray it on and as the day goes by it softened to a beautiful sent. I was stopped by many people asking me what was that beautiful fragrance you are using. I am so happy to have been able to obtain it again after many years of struggling, as we do not have it for sale in shops in South Africa. Beautiful fragrance! Excellent, i love it!

daina.Šņore
daina.Šņore

I smelled this at a beauty store. The first sniff was from a distance. I sprayed it on a card. Smelled mysterious and inviting. I had a second whiff, and it seemed like worth giving a try, by spraying this on my wrist.
But it was horrible. On my way back home, I tried to hold my hand as far as possible from me. Not wanting to smell this terrible aroma.

Just... please. No more.
I never want to smell this again in my life.
It feels like my nostrils have been raped.

Ok, maybe I've been exaggerating, but you get the idea.
Maybe someday I'll find this a little less horrifying.

But the longevity (unfortunately for me :D) was excellent! Stayed on me even after 8 h time period, and a shower.

Ceylane
Ceylane

Herbal and strong and strange. If the eden smells like this, I am grateful for not being there.

swedishclare
swedishclare

I have had a bottle of this in a drawer for about 15 years and never used it - I think I sprayed it once or twice, pulled a face and then scrubbed it off. Maybe it's age, but I decided to give it another go and have discovered that I really do quite like it - though I found the opening really difficult. Yesterday I decided to have a go at getting around that by layering with an orange/honey body lotion and that was great. By the time the smell of the lotion had worn off, Eden had settled into its green, mossy, woodsy smell, that for some reason always makes me think of grey smoke.

One spray is definitely enough though, as that one has lasted over 20 hours and is still noticeable. Also, my very picky partner didn't have a negative attitude to the scent (the only perfume he'll ever give anything more than either "ugh" or "It's okay" to are vanilla-type ones). It's definitely special though, and one for colder weather - I suspect it could go off like a pool of bog water in the heat. Having said that, I am now very glad that something stopped me from throwing it away and I've finally managed to discover how special it is.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I used and loved Eden in the 90s, but like most people you move on and explore other scents, sometimes new beauties become favourites, sometimes you return to an old love, the latter has happened to me yet again. Today I sampled Cacharel's Eden for the first time in almost two decades, initially I wanted to remind my nose what it exactly smelled like again.

Oh my! The magic of Eden struck me all over again! After spraying it on my wrist it became clear to me why I loved this beauty so much in the 90s. It's like walking into a love-grotto of sumptuous and intoxicating notes that bombarded me from a single spray on my wrist. Mimosa, tuberose, lily, patchouli, jasmine, cedar, tonka bean and I could swear some kind of magical moss and herbs that are not listed (perhaps they're secret magical ingredients made by wood nymphs?) and a deep forest ivy are somewhere in there too! Hmmm!

It's a magical, strong, unusual and seductive smell and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lempicka House got inspired by Eden for their range of otherworldly scents. For Eden is just that: otherworldly! Needless to say I had simply no choice but to pick up the biggest bottle I could find. It wasn't me, it was magic! ; )

Silage is: "magical beauty is all around you" -- Longevity is (as one would expect from a child of the 90s) a wonderful 9+ hours.
If you have never sniffed this one do yourself a favour and experience this beauty! Even if it's just once, it's a magical classic that should be owned and/or known by every Perfumista. Enjoy!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I had a bottle of this when it first came out-really wanted to like it, it smelled nice on other people but on me it just wasn't right. It came out really green and acrid with a weird undertone which I can only describe as the smell of balloons-that strong rubbery smell you get when blowing up a balloon ! Not nice for me at all.

octobersun
octobersun

I have always thought that this one should be called "Jungle" - it is fresh, but "no joke with" fresh - extremely opulent and strong. It a kind of works like aphrodisiac - very sexy in my opinion.

Beeb26
Beeb26

On me, this is what the discription says it will be: Orange blossom, mimosa, cool fruits and patchouli. A combination of fresh & sensual. I guess my bodychemistry is right for this one, it's warm and fresh at the same time. Love love love ...and some lust ;-)

Bulu
Bulu

I am completely in love with the beginning and near middle of this scent, but when it drys down it starts to get very stale and powdery on my skin.

It's such a shame because I would love to wear this otherwise.

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

it smells like a forest, a lot of green, waterfalls, fresh fruits, flowers. A perfect picture of Garden of Eden. Masterpiece!

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

Top half is way too fruity. Bottom half comes out quickly and is quite pleasant. Not great, ok. There is 1 discordant note--I think it is the water lily. Glad I just bought a small bottle.

lots of cedar and patchouli with a fruity medicine vibe. strong and long lasting, but not really my thing. too many notes that end up an odd mix up on my skin.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

Smells of fruity incense sticks (the ones with glitter on the ends, named something like 'fizzy pop'). I also detect a lush cucumber/melon & patchouli accord that I get in Eau De Star.. but it actually works magically here. Above all this smells of headshops..in a good way.

Opalwind
Opalwind

I think the bottle I recently purchased was either too old and/or not stored properly. I'm still befuddled over it's scent on me.
All the fruits and aquatic notes came through srtaight up then faded but it was odd. I barely snagged enough flower after some dry down time to make my mind believe that there was any florals added to it at all.
I'm a big fan of patchouli and cedar but it was the faintest hint of either that confirmed that they were included.
After dry drown was complete I was nearing nausea and a headache (unusual) from an overwhelming scent of powder. I do not do well with powder dry drowns and this perfume was taking my head off, with my stomach in a close chase to being tossed over as well.
I can only guess that it may been the sandal/tonka combo that took me too close to that paticularly distateful state.. close enough that I went quickly to the sink and washed it off completely.
I did try it days later, fresh out of the shower, being careful to use only unscented soaps etc. Same exprience but I wasn't quick enough getting it washed away. It was a couple of hours before I could move around again.
A pity... the first 5 mins. were lovely - flowered aquatics and fresh fruit and a hint of woods and green... Then wham. I wonder if anyone else was made ill by Eden.
Opal

KuanYin
KuanYin

Oh I absolutely love this perfume!!! love it!I wouldn't want to be without it. I think the blend is just perfect. It's watery, floral but I really get the melon and the deeper oriental notes in the dry down are beautiful. I find this a fresh perfume and do wear day time. It is strong and long lasting so a wee squirt is enough for the whole day. Would be good if they sold a lighter version as in a body spray, which could be used as a pick me up. Yes this perfume is a tonic for me. However, I would like to see a better bottle design to take pride of place on my dressing table.

Lumiere

I dared to spray Eden on my wrist today. One more confirmation that perfumes should develop on skin. On blotter and from the bottle it was truly different, sharper and unusal. On my skin though it has settled to a beautiful creamy green fresh scent. I Imagine blue and green flowing summer dress, water near by. Lovely timeless fragrance it is. My apology I have underestimated it before. And in addition, it is long lasting.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I will only say this: WONDDDDDDDDDERFUUUUULLLLLL !

Muzoona
Muzoona

It was so so powerful and strong to dis troy your smelling cells in your nose. i don't recommended for day use or for romantic moments. ..

monamonib
monamonib

ablind buy there was no tester buy based on reviwe really it is long lasting but one word ican say it is the hell of eden it smell like after shave

Moirahas
Moirahas

Green is not my type,green is not me nor my color...am more an intense personality...fiery...red....flame BUT this perfume has the magic of transforming the green into something beyond its powers,it transforms it into something very intense and lasting;is like it took the best of flowers.

ana.stojanovic
ana.stojanovic

I've worn this scent for years and it still continues to smell really good on me. I always get compliments when I wear it, especially from men. It dries down to a wonderful warm scent on my skin. It's long lasting - just don't spray on too much as it can be quite heavy until it settles down.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

This is so attractive and sexy scent, that I really don't have the proper words to describe it. what I can tell is: It's Floral-fruity woody perfume, very unique composition. You should try it by yourself!
It's hot spring in my country now and for this kind of weather EDEN is PERFECT, WONDERFUL, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL and GORGEOUS .
I'm in love with this special perfume.

sarage
sarage

Eden is defenitely Cacharel's best perfume in my opinion.
This is a scent I have always liked but never owned. It was my friend's signature scent in the late 90's, so I connected it with her.

Now I could actually buy it. This perfume divides opinions, it is not a neutral "soap" or "shampoo" type.
If you love patchouli, this is perfect!
If you want a more fruity and light patchouli scent, try Britney Spears Believe.

I found Eden (and some other Cacharels) in a new, small 25 ml bottle today. Took a tester and loved the scent, still.

pepe7111
pepe7111

oh EDEN....it was my first product from cacharel whichi have bought due to its ever wondrous bottle design.non- symmetrical,poetic ,enigmatic,shiny green amfora ,still haunts me after distributing...the cap is really lovely -golden- but the miniature version s far better-it has round shaped...the juice for me is more disturbing than appealing....and not because i am a male -i adore scents for women -

solbrasil

This perfume for years was my favorite of all times...all the good reviewsabout it...
But from around 2006ish on something happened with the formulation...I could swear it has some change to it.
Now it always causes me headaches ...in despite from which store I buy (I tested thinking I was getting fake products)...
So unfortunatelly because iut used to be the best perfume ever...fresh and still very sensual..not animore :(

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you olga1780 for the opportunity to try this, as I had been curious about it & the mixed reviews for a long time.

You know that smell of a kitchen sponge when it's not squeezed out properly and when you find it soggy and stinky under a pile of plates in the sink and you squeeze it out and the sponge is slimy and the water rancid? That's Eden! An immediate scrubber. I'm so disappointed. I had expected something at least tolerable. I am so glad I wasn't tempted to buy a bottle blind.

deliten
deliten

This one gives me a headache, I wanted to like it. But no.. too overpowering!

Mirlo

I can't make up my mind with this one...One minute I love it, the next it's too strong, and I think I'll never find the right occassion to wear it. I wear perfume for myself, but what concerns me most is that, even though I like it, others don't. And it isn't nice to see people around you wrinkling their nose as you pass them by. LoL
I've decided that I do like the scent. I just find it too strong to wear it. But it IS lovely in its way, and different...

fanciful
fanciful

Really heady, really unique. I mean, at first I thought I can't stand it, and the next minute I was thinking "I have to have it". The name of this fragrance is spot on!

ashyashy
ashyashy

It opens a bit strange but let it grow and it smells totally divince and unique. just like lou lou, amazing masterpiece

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

As some of you have said, it's not for everyone. It opens very green, like a walk through a forest. But as time passes, you end up with a peculiar, flowery, woody smell that is unique. On me, the fruity part is absent. Can't find this uniqueness in today's perfumes. This one is definitely a keeper.

frusia
frusia

It's a beautiful scent. Serious, refined, elegant, a bit standoffish. That's not me, not my scent, but still, I appreciate the beauty of it.

EK
EK

I received a sample a while ago from a dear fellow member. Some time later I tried it on, convinced that it would put me off big time. I'm not too fond of Cacharel in general, and the description... citrus? Water floral? Green? Ew.
Surprise! I liked it, really liked it. I can't trust myself or my nose when I try samples as they for unknown reasons tend to behave differently than when I try from a bigger bottle. (Wonder why that is).
Anyway, as soon as I found it at a good price I bought a bottle, suspecting that I had probably been mistaken when I thought I liked it.
Not at all. I'm not fond of too much citrus, but Eden seems to open without that stinging feeling. Quickly it changes into the compressed green smell of warm plants and flowers in a greenhouse on a hot day.
Now this sounds suffocating. It isn't. It's a fresh warmth, if that makes sense. It's a 'wet' smell like how it bursts from plants and flowers after rain. Imagine that heating up in a greenhouse. Wow.
Basically a summer scent, but absolutely warm enough for winter. I don't find it sweet.
I don't get why it is so hated. It's unusual. Maybe that's why.
The only bad thing I have to say is that the bottle is THE ugliest one I've seen in a long time. They should have switched it with the beautiful box - but who cares anyway, as long as the juice is good!

I feel sorry for all lovers, but I'm secretly happy that this perfume is not widespread anymore.
I know it's not nice to limit others' freedom and never did any move in that sense, but also my mental sanity is important for me!
The lovers will search for it and the ones who just like it won't search too much.
I hated the pungent smell since it came out and never changed my mind. It has something so acrid in it that, it triggers my nausea. When I was younger I called it the "seaweed", but seaweed smells much nicer!
I don't know what it is this note, never could understand. It smells putrid and pungent like dirty acquatic, if it makes sense.
Very original for sure and still one in its kind, but not for me.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I agree, not everyday is an Eden day! It's a really different scent and yet I love it. Especially on cold winter days it's warm scent is intoxicating. I imagine this is what the jungles of Costa Rica must smell like after a rain and the sun is warming the earth again. I admit it is probably the dry down patchouli scent that I love the most. I think it is one of the sexiest scents I have ever worn.

dechi
dechi

I love it, but it can be find really SELDOM on the market in Bulgaria...what a pity

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

This is an odd one. Odd, and very unique, and today I happened to love it. However, not every day is an Eden day. (Now, there's a slogan for you...)

The opening notes on this one are very harsh and slightly old-lady like, but Eden most definitely gets better by the minute. Three hours after applying I smell a very sweet, soft, slightly powdery floral - but not in any way a generic one. This sweetness then stays on your skin for ages - I could still smell it the following day!

In my opinion, a unique perfume such as this calls for a particular mood or mindset - I'm pretty sure there will be days when I'm sickened by this soft, old-fashioned floral. However, today Eden suited me perfectly.

Aleera
Aleera

Remember my mom had this perfume around 10-15 years ago and to me it was the most divine, natural smell ever...time passed and i got this nostalgic moment and bought it without testing...well now i do believe that with time out taste change, or its perfume changed? Have no idea but now i have 30 ml bottle for over 3 years cause from the moment i got it I feel sick spraying it and just cannot stand it...lesson - no more purchases in a nostalgic mood for me!!!

Jilly B
Jilly B

I have been intrigued by Eden for some months now and sprayed some on a tester strip every time I visited Boots, only to throw it in a bin within 10 minutes wondering why anyone would want to wear this horrible cloying scent. Then, a couple of weeks later, there I'd be spraying more onto a tester strip again. Weird.

So, I bought a little 30ml bottle at a good price to add to my collection because it's different from anything else I've ever worn, and to see if I could ever appreciate this scent.

It arrived yesterday, and I hesitantly tried some on my skin (I had only ever sprayed on testers before). What a surprise! Big citrus opening that hadn't occurred on paper. WOW! This lasted a good 20 minutes or so before the lush wet greenhouse floral shone through. This is nothing like how it smelled on paper! I'll definitely be wearing this.

I can fully understand why so many people dislike this, it's not a traditional run-of-the-mill perfume at all, but surely that's part of it's beauty!

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

I was really curious about this one and now I've tested it I just can't understand why people hate it. The beginning is a bit sharp but don't bother me. It's fruity and green, almost fresh.

Well, later it turns into a clean and watery scent, which oscillates between fabric softer and a waterfall in a forest.

I think this perfume probably represents better a forest than a garden itself or maybe, Eden just could smell unusual as nowadays gardens.

Wear this make me feel like a force of nature or something alike. Adam and Eve were lucky.

macawaca
macawaca

I like the idea, and the design is appealing... however it made me sneeze every time, and as long as I could still smell it I would keep sneezing. oh well:(

VyxenBlack
VyxenBlack

I tried this on several years ago on a sales ladies recommendation. I loved the bottle, the idea of it ..but what I remember is it became stronger and stronger on me until I felt like I had a giant green flowery monster clinging to my back and beating me about the head. Did not work for me, to say the least.

Maying Prantis
Maying Prantis

Nearly threw up when I smelt this in Boots. It was on special offer, £12 for a massive bottle. I wonder why.

anna9
anna9

Too sweet i love it

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

This was actually my first or second perfume (the other one would be Pleasures by EL). My brother gave it to me when I was about 15.
I wasn`t in love with the scent, but I liked it and used it for some time.
Nowadays I go in a perfume shop and if I see this I`ll take a sniff. And smile...

The scent itself is very recognisable and strong. Somehow watery but bold floral. There is something fairy like (not meaning light or airy) but something magical. Definately try before you buy!

Sophie.love

I like it a lot ... floral scent, light as a pleasant breeze of spring.

Sophie.love

Eden is the perfect name for this perfume.Sweet(tuberose) and fresh(lotus flower),the same time...like the heaven garden : EDEN.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

I'm kind of cheating, here, since I've already given a review, but I noticed "Eden" is no longer showcased on the Cacharel website and I think, sadly, they may no longer be producing it. Which is odd, since the successful "Balenciaga Paris" and newly released "Bvlgari Jasmine Noir" share some of its underlying, "polished floors mixed with calone" notes.

It seems public misunderstanding of "Eden", with its strange, astringent humidity, and mashed-fruits-and-blooms-and-nuts ripeness, has lead to its demise. When all it really needed, was a different delivery system; this fragrance should always be dabbed, never sprayed. It seems there may have been far too many office goers who abused the bounties of "Eden" and in the process, have banished many, potential lovers, from its bittersweet, green, lush splendor, forever.

It's a shame. I hope the house of Cacharel will, at least, consider reviving this in a form more wearable for modern noses. It's a true gem.

MMC
MMC

Finalmente conhecí EDEN,maravilhoso!Sensação de estar em um lindo jardim depois da chuva.Confortavél e muito elegante,se usado com moderação.Funciona em tempo quente
mas com muito cuidado para não exagerar.No Brasil a Mahogany tem uma creme corporal que é muito parecido com EDEN ,India Misteriosa,è muito boa e pode ser usada junto com ele para ainda maior fixação.

ekans
ekans

how anything so natural smelling, sunny and beautiful can be hated like this??? perfect water feeling, fresh and sweet. a bit sharp but do not get a heavy hand and it gonna smell like heaven; like the eden garden

ION
ION

"Eden", feels like a memento from paradise! The artwork and lettering are fabulous and the name guarantees that everyone looking for a perfume will most definitely give this one a try.
Having said that, it is not up to "Anais Anais" or "Loulou's" level but the well-intentioned effort is evident and highly appreciated (at least by me;)).
As a smell it is not masterfully blended, but keep in mind that this is not always a problem (I mean "Egoiste" had the same "flaw" but it somehow worked).
Its main disadvantage to be honest lies in its unwillingness to let the wearer give something of herself, back to the perfume!

A note: I would be delighted to create that woman's portrait for the perfume's promotion and I do feel that the tv commercial could do better with a more careful editing and a less pretentious make up and acting.

paraskevid
paraskevid

Eden...yes this is the perfume for the garden! Very distinctive, very long lasting, very unique!! Love it!

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

When I first sniffed Eden I was appalled: what the hell is this? Nail polish and melon?

It was a shock, but then in some time I wanted to check whether it is that horrible. And guess what? I thought that it was awesome (I remember myself using some strong language in the excitement).

As I wear it, I sense a smell of a greenhouse (plastic walls and heat), then a lush rainforest with loud birds and scary beetles creeping up succulent leaves. In the drydown I smell milk, mangoes and bananas.

So here I am, in love with Eden. Luckily, they still sell it in London, so I have bought two small bottles to carry along and sniff (addicted, for sure) and a large one for the future. Never thought I can have a signature scent at all.

P.S. (Editing) I just wanted to say that I am being constantly complimented on this frag, both by men and women. Eden matches my skin chemistry, and it's great!

missymary
missymary

I could have overlooked the ugly bottle. I might have got past the dirty dishwater colour. But this perfume is downright horrible. I've smelt much better drain cleaners, honestly. It is the very worst perfume that I have met, in a long lifetime of many and varied perfumes.
It was very cheap so I don't mind too much, it serves me right that I wasted my money on a blind buy "bargain" when I should have known better.

Duda
Duda

Love + Love + Love.. (uncondicional & ever!)

eilismaireg

This is a recent love affair, and I'm forced to do a 360 turn from my last review, where I admitted it's a work of genius but that I had not had the cahunas to spray it on me. Well I have done, and this is one of the most adventurous, affordable and high quality fragrances on the generally miserable mainstream market (Hurrah for Anais Anais and Lou Lou also). This has a similar intellectual effect as Dune, where the smell is of no definate sex, is neither warm nor cool and cannot be easily categorised. I found that it wore as a green oriental if I can call it that! It's tenacious, different, lush and lovable. It has a dark womblike, 'undergrowth' feeling to it like a cave behind a waterfall

NNN
NNN

I'm plesantly surprised with Eden.
By the reviews, I thought it would be one of those aquatic-floral-not-that-fresh-bottled-headaches, but... It's not!
Eden is a very different fragrance - I've never smelled anything similar to it - but it's pretty good. Opens with a lovely fresh and floral smell, turning into something that makes me remember off a jelly candy that I used to eat when I was younger mixed with something else that I couldn't identify.
Very nice fragrance overall!

tracie.spicer
tracie.spicer

This a fragrance that i keep coming back to, it is so unique and individual in its scent and how it develops over time on the skin. This is definatly a lasting scent (hours). It stays in my clothes after washing and always gets attention to fragrance lovers. This is a must have along with Lou Lou.

Zaleska
Zaleska

It's fresh.
It's warm.
It's unexplainable.
If sprayed once, you can wear it by daytime.
Absolutely for women of attitude. You need to be "sure" when you wear this one. The same happens to LouLou. Another hommage to Louise Brooks? I think so.

Another "for those who dare" in my list. ;)

melinamelp
melinamelp

it's very strong perfume, very wear resistant ! Has whole of a garden of mature / ripe fruits, some oriental woods and for women who want to impress with personal signature. Sometimes causes headache to me , though...

zabica
zabica

It only takes 3 little drops to experience a 24h long Eden!

Such a special fragrance .. I love it! I can't seem to describe what exactly is that I smell in it, but it's so floral, a bit bubble gummy ..and some dryness coming from beautiful patchouli .. draws compliments from MEN! They absolutely love it .. but if you use too much, it can take you to Hell!

Annelien1987

I tried it a couple of months ago and I didn't like it. I only wore it once. Today I decided to try it again and I am suprised. I really like it now. Just one spray in my neck and one on the back of my neck (it ended up a bit in my hair...) and it smells really special and nice. Very different and floral. Really smells like eden after a tropical rainstorm.

!!
!!

I LOVE this perfume - it's one of my favourites, and is so unique and different to anything else I've ever used or owned.

It's probably too difficult to describe, but I'll try anyway...

To me the top notes are like tropical fruit (mango, banana, pineapple) and sherbert. When it settles down, I think it starts to smell creamy, like a lovely tropical fruit body lotion, still with a hint of sherbert.

Great staying power too. I think this fragrance is underrated x

faniloss
faniloss

I don't know how so many people may hate this perfume ... to me, is the best scent in the world!
He has a magical aura, something different from anything I've ever felt, but at the same time familiar, nostalgic.
Feels like I'm walking in the gardens of old houses, abandoned gardens and wild, amid plants and flowers, in a day of golden sunshine. I think the Eden's mystery is there, in going back to the past ...
Amazing!
If it be used sparingly, becomes a powerful ally of seduction. It is highly praised, especially by men.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A grown up perfume which is different than the norm and lasts for ages..

0-2 hours- Green bottle, somehow all I have in my head is green, green, green. Mature yet not overly mature. Different enough. Complex scent but one which remains linear in its lifetime. Projection very good. Scent not everyones cup of tea, perhaps some may love, some may say smells like floral air freshner

2 hours - 6 hours- Projeciton ok"ish", approx 4 inches.

6-8 Hours- Little bit of spice and fruit kicks in, delicious drydown in comparison to before

Bed time

Next Day - Still there, close to skin, projects 1 inch

Bath time - Scrub and afterwards a faint smell

Many will love for sure, not for my personal taste

kwarnst
kwarnst

Eden is one of a kind, a very special, unusual and unique fragrance. I’m still not sure whether I like it or not; for me it’s too overpowering and strong to like, but at the same time it’s too intriguing and interesting not to like.

The opening is fresh with citruses and peach. The fruity notes remain in the heart with the presence of pineapple and melon, although well hidden under (very) strong floral notes of mimosa, tuberose, jasmine, waterlily and lotus. It feels very tropical.
The heartnotes stay on my skin for hours, almost without changing. I sometimes would love to skip the first 2-3 hours of wearing this scent because it can be so overpowering, but the basenotes and drydown make it worth waiting for! Lots of patchouli, sandalwood and tonkabean make the drydown warm, soft, slightly woody and slightly sweet. It feels feminine, elegant and present but no longer overpowering.

I can imagine that the Garden of Eden smells like this: green, humid, lots of flowers, (over)ripe fruit, a very dense wood with all kinds of plants, and with a sticky humidity.
Immense sillage and lastingpower!

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Perfect Olga:
" it does smell like a lush flower garden after the rain"

A wonderful scent, but use it carefully or else it will turn thick and overwhelming. Just one spray for daytime and it is fabolous and female. Very longlasting too. A scent for the grownup woman- it will be to heavy for a young woman.

En härligt djupblommig doft. Använd bara lite annars blir det en rumsdödare. Bara en spray för dagtid för att känna sig riktigt kvinnlig. En doft som sitter länge på huden. En doft som jag tror passar den mogna kvinnan bättre än den unga tjejen.

olga1780
olga1780

Wow, I really don't understand the hate around this one! To my nose it is such a gorgeous complex and refreshing floral. Yes, it's intense but perfectly wearable in summer.
Overall unique and beautiful fragrance, i wish the price tag wasn't as steep though.

Actually it does smell like a lush flower garden after the rain. And considering it's enormous sillage and longevity it is wery bottle worthy...2 sprays on the wrists and 3 on the neck were too much for me.

cocobella
cocobella

i am sry but i do not like it. actually i hate it. probably it has something to do with my skin chemestry, but on me it smells really disgusting. i testes it on a piece of paper and unfurtunately a bit got on my finger. it was winter and i got a cold and everytime i had to clean my nose i smelled it. i got so sick of it that i had to go to a pulblic toilet and to wash it of.. well i tried to... but i couldn't... so the lasting power is amazing... i am sure on edenlovers this perfume smells great but on me it is a big, fat NO GO!!!

Yanna
Yanna

There is new 25ML flacon made by Cacharel (it's part of their re-edition of their perfumes for I suppose younger generation...). The flacons looks cheap and at least in case of Eden the scent is reformulated. It does not have the typical Edenish richnes... really bad. And no... I did not buy any fake perfume... unless they sell it in Cacharel counter :) although using old flacon testers... So the question is: is Cacharel reformulating Eden as we speak? Or is it done already and are they just testing if consumers are so dull?

zoetegoed
zoetegoed

I dont like it
It's like acid to me.
Too recognizable, not subtile, too strong
I have to hold my breath when some one wears it.

Annelien1987

I was in the shop the other day and I had to choose between this one and Lou lou. There is something about eden that reminds me of my childhood (mom wore this one) and lou lou too but in a different way. I bought lou lou but now I'm on a holiday and Eden is wandering through my mind and when I'm back, the first thing I'll do is go to the shop and get eden too. Great collection together with my anais anais.

derkargy
derkargy

It reminds me of Kenzo classic,I think some notes of Eden are quite the same.It lasts literally all day and it's perfect for cosy afternoons in fall.In one word:perfect!

Nádia01
Nádia01

OMG.. I´ve this perfume yesterday in the morning and today at afternoon still smells a lot.. next month this will be definetly my next purchase.. I LOVE IT..

romrom
romrom

love this scent, it's very different from a lot of perfumes out there, it smells like a fresh sping garden to me. it lasts forever on your skin, people always stop and ask me what perfume I'm wearing .

boyxtoy
boyxtoy

woooooooooow, Eden of Cacharel...
how can u explain it? just can't...
it's lusty, lusty as hell, and magic as paradise
i'm a boy xd, i'm 19 y-old, but
woooow i love this scent
this is what a perfume is about, to make u feel magical
in another world
that's why i love the old perfumes of the french houses
(cacharel and yves saint laurent have this power)
anytime soon, i'm gonna buy it, because this perfume, yes it's marked for "women" but, the smell, and the notes, are so unisex, that heeey, i'm gonna earn it someday <3

karol2000
karol2000

I cant stop thinking about this scent ...its round,fruity and make me want to run around in the sun.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Tigerlillian has nailed it on the head when she said about this scent being "Liptick" like.

I totally agree, this is a HUGE scent and so unsual that it's just brilliant!

A girl at my school used to wear this all the time as her signature and at the time it was disgusting to me, it was just too odd.

As I've got older I have become obsessed with it. I started thinking about it again and then coudln't get it out of my head until I'd purchased it for myself. I now have four bottles and only wear it when it rains, it just feels perfect for rainy/stormy days. This scent really needs the perfect occasion.

You really need to let it develop on your skin. The first spray can be overwhelming, but when it works its magic? Oh my....it's peculiar, beautiful and powerful at the same time.

It's reccomended for office wear? ARE THEY CRAZY??? This needs to be worn as someone has said..on a rainy day, it's wet, it's lush, it's otherwordly almost alien in scent, DEFINATELY lipsticky and kinda plastic smelling. It's a whole lot of things at once, it's too much and not enough in the same sniff. I find myself just wanting MORE!!!

Truly an amazing perfume if you can pull it off. I'm a boy so..probably can't pull this off but I'm still going to wear it when the mood takes me, or should i say...let IT wear ME. This scent packs some serious punch and lasts a hell of a long time.

This is the beast that hides in the foliage of Eden waiting, luring you in before it envelops you completley. Hahaha.

Singabera
Singabera

It's a really poison ivy scent, wet, green. Very seductive, very special... First you think that it's too strange to wear, but then can't stop thinking about it. Women who dares to wear it is truly fearless and strong. By the way poster suits to the perfume perfectly!

Vixie
Vixie

A very odd fragrance. I really did not like it at first, and was really put off by the heady sweetness of it, feeling as if I were the sugar mixer in a cake bakery where everything was frosted three times over. There is a little old lady in it somewhere, too, I fancy. The lovely woody notes are unfortunately just a bit undercut by the heavy floral and fruitiness, and the entire turns powdery as it wears, but is very long-lasting, though somewhat asphyxiating. The bottle and packaging are very pretty and evocative of green foliage, peaceful ponds, or Spring mornings.

(btw - this stuff doesn't even come off with soap and water!)

naheed
naheed

I am very pleased to test Eden. It reminds me Visa 2007 a bit with its floral fruity notes and powdery feel.

Eden starts as a mix of floral fruity right from the beginning. For few minutes, it smells very sweet but as it starts to settle,the very sweetness becomes soft. I will put it on the list of powdery scents which is heavy but not cloying at all. I smell a lot of patchouly mixed with tonka bean in the dray down.

Eden is a kind of fragrance which will also work great in summer as a night wear. However, wear it anytime in winter. It's a power house so better use it in a small amount and enjoy its company on your skin.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Somehow fleshy stone fruits like peach or plum in combination with rose and white flowers bring out a lipsticky vibe for me--fleshy, sultry and enticing.

The melon, lotus, pineapple and lillies deliver a tropical dewiness that's aquatic without being too transparent or watery--like a voluptuously fat drop of richly infused sweet floral rain.

The woods and tonka in the base make Eden seductive, like a steamy tropical pond full of mischieviously sexy water nymphs with full, juicy lips.

Eden is almost unbearably strong, but none-the-less, has great sillage and longevity. Even if it's not your thing, I recommend you experience at least once this siren of a perfume.

FunkyTomo

Love this stuff , unusual and kooky . Suits my off the wall personality ( i think??!!)

I agree 100% with the reader below who says its suitable for "wet days " . Its raining today in sunny West York's England and I'm going to put some on methinks !!

Good sillage n longevity too - 9/10 for me

would be 10/10 if it was a funkier bottle , but this is a small gripe.

Insolent
Insolent

I dislike strong perfumes. However, I happily wear this on a wet, cold Spring day, and in Autumn and Winter. For me it suits these times rather than the summer or sunny spring days. A light spritz is all you need. Each hour the smell becomes more and more alluring and after lunch time the base notes are heavenly. It's almost a shame it doesn't smell like the base notes right at the start.

In the UK, you can often find it cheapest in an independent high street chemist even at non-sale times for £9.99 so a real bargain. In fact these chemist often have some really good random deals for a fraction of what Boots and other places charge.

movs
movs

I've always been intrigued by this fragrance and I've tried so hard to like it. I've tested it several times through the years but it has remained on my "don't like list" - until recently.

It is indeed a mysterious scent of strange and unknown flowers. A bold blend of exotic flowers and fruits with the right balance between sour and sweet, and certainly more floral than fruity. It starts out quite juicy but turns into a more powdery floral. Great staying power.

IMO it can be used all year, both day and night but it is a rather loud and extraordinary fragrance that won't appeal to everybody. In the right settings though, I think it could be worn like a jewel. This tropical juice is what you would wear in Club Tropicana or Bounty Paradise at sunset. I'm very happy to put it on my "like list".

In 3 words: EXOTIC - MYSTERIOUS - EXTRAORDINARY

Antigone
Antigone

About 4 years I was thinking to buy it. And finally I did it yesterday. For me it is unique and unforgettable scent. You will never confuse it with any other one. Yes, it is true that not everyone can stand it, it is long lasting, strange, mysterious, quite strong scent, which defines your area but does not follow you like a trail. 2 sprays is enough. I do not know why but this scent evokes me the images of Pegasus and Unicorn :)

salihah
salihah

i love this it smells intersting
and fresh
lasting power is amazing!!

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

it is one of my mom;s favourite. it is a long lasting perfume, and i find it heavenly although my tastes are different. it is a perfume for sensual women, with strong personality.

Wearing it right now :)

Love it , just won a 50ml bottle on ebay for £3 !!

Happy days !!!

Suprised so many class it as a "weirdo " perfume though !!

fercota
fercota

Love it! so original & sexy !

Louw
Louw

I think I like this... but sometimes it's just too much for me. VERY loud and sexy, it envelopes you in a cloud of spicy and floral notes, with a slight green edge to it, and a musky base. Instantly recognisable and unique.

Miss Parfum Addict
Miss Parfum Addict

I think it´s an interesting one, I couldn´t stop smelling my paper, but I don´t know if I like it... Just contradictory as it sound! At least, in the paper, Eden has a camphor top note, that turns in a rubber, latex note after half an hour. It´s like a fresh-mint-ballon!

mymlan

Cacharel must have tampered with their frags during the last decade(s). First I found that Anais Anais differed a great deal from the more recent issue (the vintage is much better, and I've reviewed it.) Now, I got my hands on a vintage Eden... A really beautiful 50 ml splash bottle.

Well I do love the eccentric Eden nevertheless, but I have had a hard time to get over the smell of burnt rubber in the opening notes that derives from patchouli and green (menthol-) notes. However, in the OLD one, It's not there. In fact there is just a delicate patchouli note surrounded by warm fruity notes along with the green ones. It's simply adorable: still sweet, fruity and green with a twist, but so much better than the new one. Which I still do love. :). Next test: Lou Lou. I love these three Cacharel's very much, there's something special, almost odd, about them that makes them differ from most modern and smooth frags. And also from the oldies, as they don't even try to be sexy in any sense. They are just deadly beautiful.

PerfumeKeeper
PerfumeKeeper

A handout from my sister (edp). Not because she didn´t like it, but only because when she started college there was an invasion of "minimal and transparent" fragrances and that's why she gave Eden it's eternal rest. Lucky me! I allways loved it. Once, on a nightout I guess I oversprayed it and my friends were complaining. Instead of feeling embarassed I was angry and stood by the perfume! I guess since I never made fun of my friends tastes in clothes, music whatever, I felt offended that they would question my taste in power (bomb) scents.
Exactly, A.Rose 123! The bottle I got from my sister is EDP in a spray bottle. Such a crime. When something smells so precious (no matter the taste) and has such great projection (like, for example, YSL Opium or Gucci Nº3)the only way to respect it and respect the nose of others is to dab it. It´s the only way to create a cloud that won't offend.
At the time, it was a mistake; nowadays, it shows perfumes are loosing ( or beeing taken) that precious side and are nothing but chemical candy water.

To my shock and delight, I've finally found a Cacharel perfume that I actually like: the highly polarizing and wacky EDEN! I was so convinced that this was going to be Agent Green and that I would be felled immediately by a plastic-madness headache that I ran a preemptive bath before even donning this entrancing elixir. Upon application I said "Hmmm... POUPEE meets DECI DELA," but then something miraculous happened: instead of the plastic destroying the composition, it mellowed out and left this incredibly bizarre yet somehow enchanting perfume! I do feel that I could easily cross over the line to headache land, but I am obsessively compelled nonetheless to sniff my wrist, ready to take what may be that disastrous last gamble over and over again...

What a pleasant surprise! Of course, I don't want to get too excited, since it may be that with further application the fat-soluble plastic will build up and the scent will become intolerable to me--as the vast majority of plastic note perfumes are. But for now, I'm riding the luscious green waterfall of EDEN. Odd, yes, but in a good way. Definitely unique. Not a perfume that anyone should consider buying scent unsniffed, given the vehemently negative reactions that many have had. In fact, caution is in order even with regard to wearing this weirdo in public, lest one offend... But I like it--against all rational expectations! (-:

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

my cousin bought this perfume in 1992 i think. I was a teenager and I was mesmerised. It was unlike everything I had smelt before.It was lush, green, floral,all at the same time. It takes you to the gardens of Eden, all lush greenery, gorgeous flowers and garden fairies.But beware, because maybe a snake lurks at the grass. Try it definately befor you buy it,but it is worthy of your attention.

passionata20
passionata20

Sorry! This one is absolutly not my taste! I have read that a lot of people recommend this and are fascinated, so yesterday i tried it on a paper! Oh my god! I thought i would die of suffocation! I compare it with some bug poison used in gardening. Mandarin blossom is killing everything, i only smell that and i instanltly need to go out for some fresh air! This is also very green fragrance. In my imagination there are fragrances like a car ride: you start your engine (push the sprayer), then push gas (spray it on) and then you ride first slowly, then a bit faster and enjoy the ride (fragrance begins to play and developes on you so you can enjoy it). This one reminds me of an car crash: you start you sport car, push gas and within 5 seconds you´re at 100km/H already, then your car immideatly crushes towards some post. There is simply no joy of riding, it is killing everything instantly! Before spraying Eden there was air, and after the air is suddenly all gone. don´t know how to breathe, help!
This i must say is one of the worst experiences with a perfume in my life.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

LaPetite
LaPetite

A perfume with big personality (like most Cacharel)
I had it when it was launched in 1994 , and my sister gifted it to me last Christmas , it bought back so many nice memories to me ...
Retrospectively , i was a bit young for such a scent when i first got it(i was 14 in 1994) , it's more a woman scent, it's quite strong , not very easy to wear , it looks like no one else .

doniazad
doniazad

can't stop using

Anouk0811
Anouk0811

I am really sorry to say this for the ones who love this fragrance, but it's all about taste right? So no hard feelings..

I really hate this one.. actually I can't stand it, and I find it hard to breath when someone near me weares this fragrance. It's so strong and so sharp, and it gives me stomachaches..

But I have to say, it is original, and recognisable ;)

Endymion
Endymion

I always loved Eden since its release when I was a child. It is something I call REAL perfume and not just a scent that are recent fragrant products.
I find it complex, alluring and enchanting. However I am a man.

Do you think Eden can be used by men as well?

(I'm not sure. Fleur du Male resembles to Eden but still...)

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

Today was the day when I fell in love with Eden.
I popped into a store to buy my usual skincare products and I sprayed some of my favourite perfumes on my wrists - Miss Dior Cherie, Hypnotic Poison. I love them always. Then there was a tiny space left on my hand uncovered so I randomly picked this plain and minimalistic green bottle to spray. That`s how it started.
Normally I just can`t stop sniffing my wrist after Miss Dior Cherie - but this time it was this tiny space on my hand, this wonderful, warm and green scent called Eden! Very powerful, still soft, slightly powdery, beautiful perfume.
I never really had the desire to try Cacharel creations because I didn`t find the bottle "glamorous" enough and they come cheaper than the mainstream line perfumes so I always thought they can`t be good really. Now I really regret having been missing out on Eden because it is original and it could easily be my signature scent, it just feels right on me! I find it ageless and timeless, but I can see why others may dislike this frag therefore it is not a safe blind buy.
Also the name Eden perfectly suits the scent - very green, warm, wet, luscious forest with white flowers - just like Eden.
Definitely my next purchase.

lilou
lilou

My aunt, who was young, gave me this perfume when I was 17. I usually love Cacharel fragrances. I did not like this one. Too much scents, too much notes. I couldn't identify them and it gave me nausea.
Now I'm 32 and I would like to breathe it again to check if it is still the same. Because sometimes the smell is different according the age.
I'm going to find it for a new test.
New test today, after years and years : it's disgusting, I can't stand it. I'm not of of all members who love this Cacharel perfume and that's too bad for me.

Sheva
Sheva

Let me tell you about the mixed emotions I had about Eden when I decided to put this on my wrist before a dinner out. I was waiting to meet up with my husband but he was running a little late, so, I stepped into a perfume store and began sampling things.

Although I sprayed everything else on paper, I suddenly decided to spray this one on my wrist. I'd maybe tried Eden at an airport years ago and remembered it being strong but I was not ready for the full force attack on my olfactory senses when I put it on.

I couldn't help smelling my wrist all throughout dinner. It did not go well with steak but the more I sniffed, the more intense got my nausea and headache. But at the same time, there was the kind of gut wrenching, awe inspiring realization that if there were an Eden, it would smell like this. Each time I sniffed my wrist, I'd complain that my nausea was getting worse and my husband told me to stop sniffing, I'd tell him I couldn't help it.

It smelled like millions of exotic flowers and fruit in humid weather with the smell of waterfalls nearby.

theorema
theorema

Very nostalgic, warm and sad smell... because of the memories...

Eleiria
Eleiria

A true Eden. Years ago when I was very young, I was shopping at a market and a lady passed by me, I was caught in her wind. It was as if she had a bright, sparkling, pastel colored, summer-reminiscent aura around her. I followed her and asked her what she was wearing and I didn't forget that name till this day.

The perfume starts off a bit heavily, a bit old lady-ish but that's only for a few minutes. Then... The ethereal beauty of the fragrance begins to come out. It's a little powdery but that's not overwhelming, because so-well-blended flowers balance it. Although we can't call it aquatic, I get a watery feeling, it reminds me of a beautiful clear stream in a small forest, flowing slowly over small rocks... There are lilies and small white flowers around... Oh, heaven :)

I just love this scent!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Just wanted to say that, although it is a MAJOR disadvantage at times, I’m glad that I wasn’t born and raised in the US. Most people have the advantage of growing up with perfumes that I’ve never even heard of before. So they label these classic gems as “old fashioned” or “too 80s” or “too 90s”. My advantage in moving to US after my teen years is that, because I’ve never smelled the older perfumes before, it feels as if I’m discovering a new, incredibly rich, and colorful world of olfactory wonders, and these perfumes being tickets to my private paradise every time I have the pleasure to smell them.

Eden is one of those tickets, my way of going someplace I’ve never gone before, my senses being enticed by the bold use of exquisite flowers, juicy fruits, and warm exotic woods... I’m so glad to be able to discover this now and appreciate it for what it is and not dismiss it for being old or dated. As much as I like modern perfumes, it’s like my mom says... They just don’t make ‘em like they used to anymore.

Unique, delightful, and unforgettable, I believe “Eden” stands out as a pillar of floral perfumes among its modern counterparts.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Oh Eden you are a weirdo!!!
Eden is such a beautifull and original fragrance but I cant find the clothes, place, even face to wear this!!
I can pick almost all notes on my skin and on paper, but the peachy notes and the pineapple prevail, I get the flowery undertone, but what concernes me on this strange fragrance is the (not listed) mint veil that gives this perfume a tooth paste kind of smell!
I think its a fascinating perfume, this ans Loulou where all around be in the 90', for me Eden evoques my childhood :)
Do I love it? Yes I love this strange quind of beauty. Can I wear it? No, I dont have balls to wear this sillage monster-head turning lady. Eden is not for me, but I think it would suit a hippie/boho girl :)
A typical late 80' and 90' perfume, absolutly unforgetable :)

clairdelune
clairdelune

This is a really interesting scent. To me it has a strong vintage-y vibe. In fact, based on the fragrance, I probably would'a guessed it originated in the 60's or 70's--not the mid-90's!
I do get its appeal. After the initial sharpness wore off, it did take on almost a velvety softness--pretty appealing really. Not sure it's something I'll wear, but it's certainly interesting and worthwhile to experience.
Oh, and I think this is more of a floral chypre. 'Floral' really doesn't adequately describe this complex, original scent.

RobbieX

Gorgeous long lasting and distinctive perfume. Sillage is fabulous, a classic!

zumrut
zumrut

My first,beloved perfume.
I was stunned when i first smelled it,a lady walking in front of me, i couldn't stop asking what she was wearing and with the answer i was in the nearest perfume shop.

Désirée
Désirée

This perfume is a storyteller. To me, it is the most mysterious smell of all.. From the first moment I smelled it I was in love with it. Its ugly but interestingly charming bottle, its green color, its name, the dusty-old feeling, all these things were mesmerizing for me. Its only one spritz is more than enough, this is a strong perfume. It's sillage is amazing: it leaves a flowery trace of you on the corridors you pass..so it should be a night time perfume..

I cannot believe how so many people disliked it here in Fragrantica. Though, I do understand that this belongs to another world: A world of dreams, gardens and tales. So surely, you cannot use it on a regular day.

To me, this is the real perfume. It's only one spritz have been like a magic spell for me; it has been a key of a secret garden. In this garden, the green is dark and mysterious, the sun is setting, it is almost dark, it is the time of dewfall, there is a symphony of the scents of flowers. Their beauty makes you dizzy..

Don't bother with it if you are looking for a crowd pleasing, pink, day-time scent. This one belongs to a very special, beautiful and mysterious lady..

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I was excited to try this. Thank you to the generous member who sent me the sample. Unfortunately, this did not work out at all on my skin. As fruity notes sometimes have a way of doing on me, it wound up smelling a lot like a scratch and sniff sticker. Pity, I know there are those that this works wonderfully on. I am not one of those people!

Nemia
Nemia

This one is not for me. It's a pity, because it smells good on my skin but it's totally NOT ME. Too sweet, too heavy, too crazy. I love the box and the bottle, and as I said, the fragrance itself is wonderful - but I feel like a dress-up or impostor when I wear it.

I had it as a present because I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. It is indeed a fragrance for bird of paradise - which I am not, to my regret. But on the right woman, this can really smell like heaven.

hollycat
hollycat

This is my second unsniffed buy. I was hoping to have the same luck that I did with my first unsniffed buy.

The package came and I looked at that odd shaped jade green bottle, and all I could think was please let me love this.

So I sprayed, and WOW, I thought this is an awful medley of who knows what??
I sat down and contemplated puting in on the swap thread.

But then something happened. I closed my eyes and let the scent settle and soon I felt my body relax so much so that I fell asleep. I awoke with the smell of the strangest, most relaxing, fragrance around me. Something of fairytales, something I would imagine mermaids and fairies wearing. It wasnt of this world, nothing I ever smelled before.

I can see why people hate this, and I can also see why some love it. The thing is its soooooo potent. However I gave myself just a half spritz, and that was enough. Too much would make me vomit. This smell on me dries down to a soft, green, musky, fruity smell and I cannot even begin to pick out the notes. Although yes, I do smell the patchouli and the melon.

Its ethereal, and it took me to another place. So my instincts didnt fail me once again.

templeofvenus
templeofvenus

To me this is a lovely scent, I wear it quite regularly, its just how I would expect the garden of eden to smell, its a clean, out of this world kind of smell, like a forbidden secret garden on your wrist! it really has staying power, it is an old favourite of mine. Do not spray to much as it really is strong.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Member Turquoise generously gave me a sample of Eden -- I was so curious about this scent, it was driving me crazy!

My thoughts on the fragrance? It immediately reminded me of something from my past. It took me mere seconds to place why it seemed familiar to me: It smells EXACTLY like the hair cream men my Dad's generation used to wear to slick back their hair. My Dad, if he were still alive, would be in his 80s now -- just to give you the time frame of the way every man's head used to smell about 40+ years ago.

It hasn't been on my skin too long, but that is my impression so far. I'm not ecstatic about the fragrance, but I'm not repulsed by it either. Because I can't get the olfactory memory out of my head, I can't open my mind to anything else.

And now I know what Eden smells like!

Sissi
Sissi

this has a masculine overtones a bit
feminine and softer version of faberge's brut; rain soaked leaves and
fruits and a bit of musk float together
in harmony in this jade ceramic bottle.
i can also pick up beeswax.
the bottle is a bit bland with no frills.

spookyjan
spookyjan

this perfume i first smelled on my friend,it smelled fresh an clean,so i bought a small bottle,ahhh on me horrible like cough medicine,an you cant get it off your skin.not one to buy untested,even at the counter it needs time on your skin to see if it suits you.i gave it to my friend an she still wears it.on her it still smells great so...try before buy.

Aysu
Aysu

This is a very well done perfume, far from the crowd and timeless. It is very easy to detect if someone is wearing Eden around, it leaves a delicate trail behind.
White flowers and citrus combination sits on a woody base. It is not a cheerful scent, doesn't go well with an easygoing casual mood, but not a depressing one either. Although fruits like peach, melon, pineapple listed in the notes, I don't get any sweet fruits here, it is very herbal and green. It is different!

bloodflower
bloodflower

eden is like a fairytale, it is not real, it is not describable, it is unique, it is unforgettable. eden does not have a season, it doesn't matter if it is day or night, summer or winter, formal or casual, eden can stand everywhere. it is brave, it is strong, it is full of emotions, it is adult enough but child in the inside, you have to be a little naive and believe in magical gardens to appreciate this.. i do :)

delphine67
delphine67

a very strong and overpowering perfume.
To much of everything

kittymoon
kittymoon

This is horror in a bottle. I believed the hype and bought a bottle, sprayed mysef and on the way home on the bus I remember feeling almost sick from the most synthetic, most alien, most mouldery plasticy and cheap smelling perfume I ever smelled (owned). Obtrusive fly repellant smell. Makes me shiver only thinking about it. It's like Dior's Poison, you love or hate it. I'm sorry towards Eden-lovers for this harsh comment - I probably waited two decades to get rid of my frustration about this purchase. Sorry! :)

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

Bought it cause I wanted to try it...it has such a clean scent...it's like you just stepped out of the shower or like it's going to rain and you smelll that cleanliness of it...I have to say I do like it. Very different...it smells like yeah what I'd think Eden might smell like...a big MAYBE...

eilismaireg

I love the idea of this, ie; a warm green scent. I keep trying it in the hope that i'll have that eureka moment where I want it's weird genius smell on my body, but so far, no.

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

I was yearning for this perfume for a long time and now I got 1 bottle. This scent it´s really different, really unique. Never smelled something like this before. Not suitable for teenagers at all. Sorry but I think young people are not prepared to feel the splendour of this amazing fragrance. It reminds me of a garden during the night. A timeless perfume! Thank god I got my bottle. =)

selinum28
selinum28

Eden is not perfect, but I find it wonderful, especially when mimosa is more noticeable. I don't like the smell after some hours of wearing. At its best, Eden is warm, wild and inspiring.

Vânia
Vânia

I was hopping to love this one...and i tried many many times, but no...i dont like it...nowadays we have much better senses to chose and a big variaty too....

falovalo
falovalo

I was so hoping to like this, I thought it would be ethereal and embracing. It's almost those things for me, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. I'm not sure which note(s) it is that's holding me back from liking this, because I'm almost there, but I just can't wear it. On the other hand, I can see how it would smell wonderful on someone with the right chemistry.

mymlan

A compact, warm and steaming tropical forest with all kinds of unknown delicious fruits and mysterious flowers. Prehistorical megasized fern rises far up in the sky, and their calcar-covered leafs shuts out most of the pinkish smokey atmosphere.

A nearby swamp releases fumes and strange odors blends with the intoxicating fragrances from the most beautiful flowers. A humansized dragonfly rumble by as you take a bite from the peach big as a watermelon.

You may easily become bewitched by all this abundance of beauty and wealth, but watch your back. There is still water here and something dark and mucously is lurking under its surface. Some of the fruits might be poisonous and even the most beautiful flower may be a carnivorous.

But the more you learn from this enchanting forest, the brighter and more understandable it becomes. And soon enough you can fully enjoy all the pleasures of Eden.

Saffron
Saffron

I saw Avatar and remembered this perfume. It's juicy, lush, mysterious and alien

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

This is one of the strangest scents I've ever smelt. The opening blast is like an 'out of this world' kind of smell. Reminded me a bit of medicine too.

It's what I'd imagine the world of Avatar to smell like ;-)

I am going to get it because I'm moving soon and want a very unique one to remind me of the exciting times. .. but to be honest I don't know when I'd wear it, maybe a night out? Or I might just use it as an expensive air freshener lol.... like the smell, but perhaps not on me. It's a bit too strong. Maybe if there's a body cream or something?

Yes, it's just very 'green' but very very unique and mystical, as loads of other people have said.

But I have to get it, it's too unusual :-)

guest_Anouk
guest_Anouk

This one is absolutely the worst perfume ever..

It smells extremely strong, so strong that you can't even smell the notes of any fruit. It's breathtaking in a litteraly way, and it's gives me a headache and a sore stomic somehoy.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

My mom's been wearing Eden for 5 years. I like it so much. It's so unique, fresh and floral. Just like spring time. When you meet with Eden you will never forget how it smells!

nezzabel
nezzabel

Eden is one of the most unique scents I've ever smell. As most of the reviewers have already said this scent is dreamy, but strong, exotic and alluring.
Strong lasting power and great sillage too, this scent can be used in all seasons.
I had it 4 years ago, received it on my birthday (in July) and wore this one through that Summer, in higher temperatures and worked beautifuly!
I miss Eden!
Definitely recommended!

alicektn
alicektn

This perfume is one of the most beautiful around. It smells indeed like Eden at Nighttime.. Fresh and full of life, but at the same time tranquil and mysterious. When it touches the skin it develops very tender-floral and kind of powdery. I can't feel any pronounced woody notes, but only a flowery mix combined with a subtle powdery note of fresh apple --yes apple! Not a synthetic one, ,but a real one, with subtle smell. And it lasts,and lasts,and lasts... I have worn it only a couple of times and already received a rain of copliments. When my mini is empty I need a bigger bottle! Maybe the design is not the most breathtaking, but I must say I like the box very much..

jatzzie
jatzzie

As pretty as the name might be, the fragrance itself is nothing like Eden.:D I don't like the bottle, it looks cheap and just not nice. As for the scent, awfulawful, just like fly repellant, intense and so unbelievably heavy. It's like someone just threw a bunch of plants together and the result was Cacharel's Eden.Maybe it smells better on skin, but my nose absolutely detested it from the bottle.Perhaps I'll give it a second try some day.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

The house of "Cacharel" could probably be described as one of the most challenging--that is, challenging to most modern noses; there is something distinctly Rococo and "Old World" about their blends, those reminiscent of raw flower petals and distilled, aromatic oils, all seemingly mashed together into powder bases, by hand, with a mortar and pestle. "Cacharel" is distinctly French in both sensibility and style.

"Eden" is no exception to the Cacharel aesthetic, or it may be the perfect embodiment of it; lush, sweetly dense and green, like tonka bean mashed with apricots, pineapple and fern, the whole recipe blended together by being scraped along mossy tree bark. Some have mentioned its similarity to Avon "Skin So Soft" but I would compare it to the orginal "Herbal Essences" shampoo scent; spicy-sweet, herbally green, leaving a lingering scent of lush rainforests and exotic woods. Intense, primal and gorgeous; designed to be appreciated by many but capable of being tamed and worn by few.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

After reading such polarized reviews, I got curious about this fragrance. Thanks to Malegria for sending me a generous sample!

I tried it last night, and it immediately conjures a couple of scents from my youth.

The scent it most resembles for me is the original Avon Skin So Soft bath oil. I admit, I am actually NOT fond of the original Skin So Soft. Too many summers at the beach with the spray oil being used as insect repellant have ruined it for me. Eden also resembles a certain foaming bath powder I used when younger. It wasn't an expensive brand, probably Calgon or Intensive Care. It had a strong scent and turned the bathwater a lovely blue-green.

At any rate, Eden smelled familiar. It smells similar to the two scents I mentioned, but with more complexity and more "perfuminess" than those two. I get no sweetness from Eden at all. It's a woody green to my nose, with an overall warmth and earthiness. I don't think it's quite my taste at the moment, but I can understand its appeal. You will certainly smell unique in Eden, and applied sparingly, it will bring warmth and comfort to you if it's a scent you enjoy. A tiny dab goes a long way and lasts a long time.

This is definitely one to be sampled before purchasing.

Tarida
Tarida

I cannot stand the smell of this, I was in a Department store the other day and I could smell this on a woman nearby and I left as it made me feel sick. The bottle is horrible too. It is an unmistakeable smell and you would recognise it anywhere. I didn't like it when it was launched, now it smells cheap and tacky, cloying yuk.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

I actually had this one in the 80s,but today I almost feel sick just seeing the bottle.It reminds me of how it smells in a stuffy room...Awful!

Trvevil
Trvevil

First of all. Cacharel has never been a house who's creations I liked very much. Their newer fragrances didn't appeal to me at all. I mentioned once, that I don't know older Cacharel and I became very curious too see what was before. Of course I'll mention horrible (in my opinion) color themes and bottles. What did they think? ;P
I sniffed Anais Anais, but didn't want to test it on skin. Well, Eden is quite a rare thing in our stores and I for the first time saw it and sprayed just 1 time on strip. It's damn strong. I placed it into bag, but scent already floated around like suddenly (after centuries) released ghost. It was everywhere- in my nose, I thought all people that came along smelled of Eden.
And I sure like it- strong sweet floral with pineapple and melon - not simple, rather sophisticated. Sweet, but , you know, it's from 94th! No sugar overdose, no candies- a fragrance that has no age limits.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

Eden is indeed unique and notable - IMO in the worst way possible. My mom wore it back in 1994, and even though she left for work at 7 AM, the house would still reek from it when I came home 12 hours later.
I'm pretty sure it's the waterlily scent that gets to me; I remember smelling waterlilies when I was little and being completely repulsed by them. It's sharp and intensely cloying at the same time, and very headachey.
To me, this is the definition of a "green" scent - which is also the color of my face when I smell it.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

By far one of the worst perfumes. Really an horribly old heavy smell. Something a really old grandma (no offence to the elderly) or something would love perhaps? Gives a definite headache! *Yuack*

Elue
Elue

This was my first real perfume. I was 15 and this was a really mature scent for me. Even though I knew it by the beginning, I couldn't get its unique, wonderful smell out of my head so I saved money and bought it. I was in love with its kinda ugly but somehow very charming green bottle and its wonderful, strong(!) scent.
It has been 9 years and I still have that bottle aging in my wardrobe. The perfume has not changed or gone bad at all. Still smells like the first day.
Such a unique scent, one can recognize it instantly. Because of it is really strong and a night time fragrance and because I have so many other perfumes, I don't use it often.
This is a unique beauty. It suits to fairy tales or elven stories. In my opinion, this is Cacharel's timeless masterpiece.

Urska
Urska

Very very strong and long lasting, but have no tenderness, no depth. It is unique and recognizable, but I really don't like this intruding smell.

Divenus
Divenus

What can I tell? If I had the worst experience in my snifer´s life, with this perfume?
Probably it´s my skin. But I only can say that I almost hated this. I didn´t smell any fruit or woods here. Only flower, flower and more flower. I´m sorry but in my skin smell like if I had 83 years. I really wanted to like, because a lot of people speaks very well about this fragance. But the smell is too much strong. I wash my hands once, and again, and the smell didn´t go away. Definetely, not my type. Sorry.

The sales assistant was correct in saying that this fragrance by Cacharel is unique and somewhat intriguing.

Unusual, intense, tropical and sweet are words to describe the beauty of this amazing scent. Eden is a fragrance that you will find yourself falling in love with over and over.

Personally, I can't see how anybody could dislike this scent, however I am aware that what I love is not always to everyone's taste.

It's hard to pin-point a certain season and occasion for this fragrance to be worn. I think Eden could be a very versatile scent. It has enough depth and distinction for the colder months and a freshness and vitality for the hotter months. How you wear this fragrance will rely on your own personal choice.

Eden has great sillage and the lasting power is fantastic. I am also a fan of the packaging which is as odd and quirky as the fragrance itself.

For me, this perfume is the perfect blend of fruits, flowers and woodsy notes. The citruses and the pineapple notes aren't strong or sour and the mimose, tuberose, jasmine and rose notes are absolutely divine.

I must add that this isn't usually a fragrance that I would find myself liking, it's contrary to my tastes. However, there is something very enticing about this fragrance. It is a must try.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Although it is a green smelling fragrance...there is a sweetness to it that I didnt expect, its ok as a fragrance, but I wouldnt wear it for a special occasion

Total dislike for me! I don't know if men like it, but I can't stand it on my skin. It's so putrid and pungent!

miru
miru

honestly..i`m not a fan or maybe i still have the trauma when i first smelled this perfume and smelled like perfumes my grandma used to have and not use for a long time..a bit mouldy..i surely hope it`s the trauma:)

guillermostf
guillermostf

Eden is powerfull, sexie, I love women wearing this fragrance. Eden makes women exotic, beatiful and provocative.
Great patchouly note with citrus and flowers.

Migotka
Migotka

Me and Eden... A difficult love I would say. I want to have it. I want to love it. But every time I go to shop for a new purchase I choose something else and finally I don't think I will ever get it for myself. It is not one of the nice, floral-fruity compositions that everyone seems to like or at least not to mind. The reason why I still hesitate quite a lot about it is that I am not too sure if it would be appropriate for every day wear. It's very intense and could easily overpower the owner. It's the scent of a tropical forest, exotic, wild, floral with strong hints of woody notes. It's very different from what I am used to, but hopefully one day I will get used to this unusual fragrance.

Malegria
Malegria

It is a long lasting love of mine. I remember myself as being a very young girl of 17 on her first real job with all the benefits on the first real paychecks, looking at my dream came true. I saw this so many times in my dreams - the primal garden of Eden, where flowers bloom, fade, shed their petals on the humid warm ground and immediately bloom again...Where the mysterious fruits that have no name, are so abundant on the branches, they just fall down and get replaced by new ones in no time...And the moon is shining, and the world is pure, and there is only two people in it in love with each other. I will always, always have it!

SheVampire
SheVampire

A mysterious garden full of flowers and herbs, like my grandmothers'!Strong, sexy and powerful scent. After a fresh start, quickly becomes warm and powdery. I like it but drop or two is enough to make this long lasting magic effect...

Sedef
Sedef

reminds me my child years..it was my best friend's moms perfume.İt was fresh and good!

liat
liat

There was a time it was one of my favorites. It was floral but there was some darkness in it, some temptation. In the past few years, however, I found out that around here it works well during cooler times it's warm and sexy. But in the hot humid summer this fragrance depends on one's body chemistry so much it becomes really unexpected and even nauseating on some people.

guest_LUIZA VIEIRA
guest_LUIZA VIEIRA

THIS SCENT IS SO HEAVENLY,ANYWHERE I ARRIVED IMEDIATELLY I AM NOTED WITH PLESANT AND HARMONY,EDEN HAS A CHEERFUL CHARACTER. THIS IS MY EXCLUSIVE PERFUME

scenthound
scenthound

Very feminine and slightly powdery - but not in a tacky, predictable way. Can't stop smelling my wrists when I wear this in cooler temperatures; doesn't work well on me during hot and humid weather.

Eden by Cacharel 3.05 out of 5 based on 1340 ratings and 231 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Eden fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Eden, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eden by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eden by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.