Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Liberte Cacharel for women

Liberte Cacharel for women
dislike

Liberte Cacharel for women Videos
Liberte Cacharel for women Pictures Liberte Cacharel for women Pictures Liberte Cacharel for women Pictures Liberte Cacharel for women Pictures Liberte Cacharel for women Pictures

Cacharel has launched a new eau de toilette Liberte. "The scent of freedom" starts with citrus notes; floral notes mixed with warm spices are in the middle; sweet patchouli, vetiver and vanilla end the composition. The perfume was created by Domitille Bertier i Olivier Polge in 2007.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Bitter Orange Orange Mandarin Orange Freesia

Angel Sunessence Ocean d'Argent

Liberte Fragrance Reviews

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Līberte is a clean, sweet, floral orange with a slightly heady, spicy character and hints of the nineties. There's something slightly masculine and animalic in it, but it's very womanly overall. I have several orange scents and it is unlike any of them. I really, really like this!

Domenica23
Domenica23

Liberté is a simple but good fruity, orange scent, nice in the winter, when it's cold and windy.
It stays quite a while.

Mnekb
Mnekb

Wow, such beauty! Much delicious! Marmalade and those beautiful spices! Sugar surprisingly tasty as well. I wear Liberte and I feel like i'm in a beach, lying on sands and drinking my cocktail.

Makes me happy and feels me lively!

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Powerfull for the first 5 minutes and then, it becomes creamy, musky, almost like baby powder. Not enouht orange but a Nice Sweet undertone. It IS very délicate on me, but i AM ready for something else !

Ready to swap it, 50 ml.
I live in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
Email me ...

KDJ
KDJ

A perfume with a lot of depth! At least on me. This nice fragrance opens up with the most freshest orange scent I have ever smelled in a fragrance. It has just the right kind of sweetness to not be cloying. After about 30 minutes on my skin, it warms down into a very rich and smoky vanilla. The sweetness has died down a little bit but it quietly lingers. A very well done fragrance.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Very sweet, effervescent citrus with bright, sparkling patchouli underneath. There is also a gourmand quality provided by honey, vanilla, sugar, and spices. Although the note pyramid of Liberte shows a lot of floral notes, in reality there's only enough florals to round out the composition and provide structure (the only floral note I really perceive is frangipani). Usually citrus top notes are notoriously short lived, but the patchouli-gourmand-floral base helps to stretch out the citrus top notes as long as possible. The composition of Liberte is deceptively simple upon first sniff, but after you spend some time with this fragrance you can see how much thought was put into it.

According to the Cacharel website, Liberte is no longer in production. However, you can find it online inexpensively, and it is definitely worth the price. The bottle is very pretty as well. If you are a fan of the discontinued and very expensive Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne, this is very similar and could easily be worn by a man. Liberte is friendly, optimistic, sociable, and easy to love.

cmlee22
cmlee22

Was so excited to try this one... Asked in a forum for an ORANGE scent however, I meant orange blossom (my mistake) and SO many people recommended this scent. I found it online and immediately ordered it and was a little bit disappointed.

I like it but it has a little too much patchouli for me. VERY STRONG. Unfortunately, my boyfriend hates it. My mom is european and has lived in France so she definitely knows who Cacharel is but she didn't like it either. I have Noa and we all like that one.

Not sure what to do... I kind of like it but no one around me does. =/

I think I will wait for fall/winter to try it again.

vonMises
vonMises

Sweet orange pathouli. Powerful. Very strong. Love it.

polly golightly
polly golightly

patchouli leggermente caldo e arancia. perfetto per i primi giorni di pioggia autunnali

Soie
Soie

The opening is noticeably citric, but more lemons than oranges TMN; it reminds me of the scent of homemade lemonade that's been sweetened with lots of sugar.

Immediately after the sweet citrus opening (and though I do smell frangipani and gardenia, along with hints of marmalade, honey & spice), it is quite bottom heavy, as the most distinctive notes are overwhelming patchouli and vetiver. There is also a combination of notes (which, TMN, is a blending of the patchouli, marmalade & vetiver) that give this a a vivid aroma reminiscent of licorice, which, as a candy I dislike but happen to find exhilarating in this fragrance.

The patchouli in this is a clean one; I find it entrancing in aroma. There is, though, for those who aren't big on patchouli, quite a bit of it in Liberte.

The drydown phase many hours later is a warm and mildy sweet blending of vanilla & vetiver.

ETA: I tested this on the back of my hands a while before going to bed and a few hours after turning in, I woke up and sleepily adjusted the direction of my air purifier. Just then I smelled the glorious scent of Liberte as it wafted from the back of my hands and was carried on the breeze from the machine. I only liked the fragrance up until that point but now count it among my favorites. I am quite addicted to it, and look forward to wearing it on breezy Spring days.

dmaw
dmaw

A nice, everyday soft spicy scent.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

The top notes are so citrusy it's incredible. Anything but tame and lame. I get the brightest bright orange with neon yellow and green colors in my imagination. The initial blast was really exciting and got my attention. I wish the top notes lasted forever.
The middle I can really smell the patchouli already peeking out a tiny bit and prominent gardenia/white floral note. There is the sugar, marmalade, honey combo in the middle too with the florals ad I'm sure it just sounds crazy. Honestly though it just smells like sweet sticky jam with the white floral boquet. Oddly it's sort of reminding me halloween kiss by Jesus Del Polzo. Just in the way the top was fruity and now I'm getting strong white florals mixed with candy.
The spicy patch, vetiver, and vanilla dry down is very nice. I agree with whoever says there's a doppler ganger effect where you start smelling citrus again in the dry down! I definetly love this fragrance the first 60 seconds in the top notes and then in the dry down where you get all 3 layers about 5-10 minutes later. This really is a fast setting fragrance.
Surprisingly the scent isn't super strong or heavy, it's light for having a ton of stronger looking notes. Casual in a way but not boring!

marush25
marush25

Very intense and sweet fruit with spices. It is not a light/cheap smell of citrus. Love it!

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Purchased this from Vie Cafe.... she was absolutely right when she told me I would love this fragrance. Very very warm and spicy and intoxicating. I can clearly see where some would say there is a licorice note. I get that as well. <3

Daivuce
Daivuce

ForrealMe2 described this well. Liquorice scent is quote prominent from the first spray right into dry down together with orange and vanilla. It's not too sweet and will not offend anyone if you wear it for work.
I like this, but not enough to put it on my favourites list. Lasts only a few hours on my skin, hopefully will last longer in warmer weather.

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

Wow, wow, wow! This is some seriously fantastic stuff. It is just breath taking, in a good way. It reminds me as if you would literally mix Lancome Hypnose & Queen Latifah's Queen together, with a touch of patchouli.

It's sweet, slightly gourmand, smoky. Not kidding in the slightest when people literally stop dead in their tracks when you walk by wearing this.

As far as the citrus in this goes, if you did not know it was there you would honestly probably never smell it by itself.

The vanilla & patchouli in this just combine to make this jaw dropping, sensual, almost magical scent.

If you like any of these notes than you have got to try this.

Update: One spray of this I can't stop smelling wrists!

mvickyp
mvickyp

últimamente no lo encuentro! tiene algo especial!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

sample review:

Even though this one has quite some notes, this doesn't develop on me through stages.
It's a vanilla sweet orangy scent from opening till dry-down. It's a really nice scent actually, especially if you're into sweet gourmands :)
The only downside is that it doesn't last on me. I can smell it for about an hour before it vanishes into nothing...

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

OH Cacharel you make wonderful fragrances i adore your Amor Amor always..but this one does not suit me..it is a lovely fragrance for those who like licorice..i believe the marmalade makes this smell like a Licorice spicy citrus vanilla with a musk in it that partially makes it smell like a more masculine fragrance which i don't usually mind if the notes are what i like like i like it in Crystal Noir...the citrus/orange vanilla comes in later in the dry down but Licorice takes the leading role for awhile..i hate waiting for dry downs and expect the top and mids to smell like what i want especially along with the base...i feel like i will never use this and will have to swap this one..such a shame..i could wait for the drydown but then whats the point to a perfume if you can't enjoy it from beginning to end..?If you adore Licorice,orange and vanilla on the bit masculine side you will love this but don't go looking for this if all you want is orange and vanilla cake type scent this wont do it except alittle bit in the drydown..but overall a good fragrance for what it is..a bit on the lighter side when it comes to long lasting sillage but it is very sweet..so kinda on average to above average

larita91
larita91

Not so citrusy on me - more like a fresh sugar sweetness, beautiful gourmand. For those, who are suckers for sweet fragrances, this is a perfect one for summer! There is something unique about this perfume, but the notes are so well-balanced, I can't tell what makes it special.

Not heavy, not cloying, not one of those agressive fragrances, more like a sweet, youthful, classy one. Sillage is good, so as longetivity. Love it!

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

This came out in 2007? How did I not know that? This also, is another creation from "Cacharel"...again...how did I not know that? This has become so hard to find now, that today, I was only able to buy my fourth bottle of this since I first purchased it in 2010! Stores just do not carry this anymore and it's not even discontinued, so as soon as I saw it, I nearly jumped out of my skin with excitement, and then again when I noticed for the first time, what company it's actually made from!
"Cacharel" have always been the most innovative, one-of-a-kind, original, unique and ground-breaking perfume makers since they first started in the industry! Although a lot of their perfumes have become discontinued, due to their, "In-your-face, over-powering, take me or leave me" attitude..."Cacharel" have always stood their ground and demanded their perfumes be as far from "Commercial" and "Mainstream" as possible. And for that, I respect and love them more than any other perfume company because that is the reason their perfumes are always so fantastic and the best perfume company to turn to in order to a find a signature scent that makes you stand out from everyone else!
If there's one thing I hate in a perfume, it's citrus...and again, something I did not know until today when coming onto "Fragrantica" to write this review, is that there is citrus in this scent, and as I said, this is my fourth bottle...how did I not know that! The citrus is blended so well with every other note in this perfume, that it has created it's own unique scent! I can't even smell citrus and find that because people are told there's a citrus scent present, that "The placebo effect" kicks in and you end up smelling nothing but citrus! So seeming I've worn three full bottles of this and never smelt citrus until today...that's a big sign that this is not your normal "Summer, citrus, beach-bum" perfume!
Every time I've worn this, I've literally stopped people in their track...both men and women have just stopped, right in-front of me rather than walk around, because this is another "MOVE OUTTA MY WAY" fragrance that sails around you like a bubble of fireworks! I've seen men and women both stop and watch me as I walk past them, with a slight dazed look on their face because they have been slapped by this!
If this was launched in the 80's it would now be known as a classic 80's summer perfume!
"The original summer perfume" I should say!
I feel it's late release in only 2007 has made it the most undiscovered and over-looked summer/citrus/beach scents ever made! Especially because so many companies now have their own version and people have been buying them since the late 90's, that this would have been seen as a "Wannabe" when it came out!
This is as strong as a pure EDP on first contact. But after that first burst, it stays around you like a soft toilette, which still has that extra punch to say hello to every person you walk past before you're even able to...hence why people are immediately hit by this when they make contact! But there's nothing bad about this because this citrus, orange, sweet patchouli and vanilla perfume is DELICIOUS and smells nothing like any other so-called "Citrus scent" because every note is finely blended and crafted together to create one, simple, unique, happy, youthful, fun smell! And I'd say the added notes of "Mixed florals" is the master behind that!
This is such a happy perfume that people can't help but smell this when it's on you and have to search for the source of it's origins, that their eyes just follow you!
Good for both dry and moist skin types and lasts up to 4/6 hours on both!
This is also very unisex too and smells perfect on both males and females...very sexy indeed!
Total day-time perfume!
Can't express enough, the quality of this perfume and the signature scent this will be for any person, and how only four or five notes have been used to make such a simple, yet effective and stand-alone creation!
Yet again, another fantastic but over-looked perfume from the always projective company "Cacharel"!

mariajoseacosta
mariajoseacosta

Cítrico, cítrico, cítrico ♥
Es sensacional. Lo usé hace unos cuantos años. No sé si aún continúa en el mercado :(

fabuleusetoujours
fabuleusetoujours

The quirky bottle first caught my eye, and when I smelt it I instantly fell in love. I got many compliments on when I wore it, with many asking if I was wearing Chanel. A gorgeous, youthful scent.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Refreshing patchouli dipped in sweet orange juice. Soft on skin with vanilla-amber hint. It's very lovely and definitely not mainstream composition (even though it might have something in common with Angel). Sadly it doesn't last on me. I was respraying like crazy but it's just gone in half an hour.

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

With the first spray I started smiling, it reminds me of a sparkly orange soda I drank as a child. Dries down to a warm vanilla/patchouli, I like it. :0)

icecube
icecube

Beautiful, soft opening, orange and ambery sweetness.

To be continued....................

The citrus in this is sugary, but bright. The patchouli and bitter orange keep it from going in a creamsicle direction. Nothing to write home about if you don't absolutely love orange.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Dries quickly to a soapy citrus, with no development of other notes. Alas, this was another failure for me. It's pretty, light and bright, but a little too fruity and soapy for me to take it seriously.

PTYSIA33
PTYSIA33

I love this perfume.

kimberlylizkennedy

Orange and Patchouli all the way. Boring for me, perhaps because I have tried so many varieties of other orange dominant perfumes. I do love both orange and Patchouli, but these two notes seem to remain flat on me. I don't get anything more. But my husband really likes this perfume on me. He is a Patchouli junkie.

guillermostf
guillermostf

Liberté... angels are free...For me Liberté is very similar to angel by Thierry Mugler, but nicer.
Cacharel build great parfums in general, so it's no the exception. Just i hoped somethin' different. Anyway, moderate long lasting, nice cap, nice colors in the bottle. 2 & 1/2 stars. Try it, every skin is a world.

larrykat8
larrykat8

Gorgeous!!! Beautiful orange and patchouli (the way it should be, soft and incense like, not overbearing or repulsive). I bought this dirt cheap, put it aside, and I tried it today. Wow! It dries down to a soft lovely scent that's a pleasure to wear. Perfect anytime, anywhere.

guest_Vie Cafe

I am like almost everybody else on this site about Liberte. I got it on sale and bought it in a discount store mostly because it is Cacharel.

I snobbed this fragrance for the longest time. It's only lately that I have decided to really give it another try. (Some of you might be familiar with my health issues from previous reviews. I've had a change of body "chemistry" in the last months)

This fragrance does open with a lot of "patchouli" but if you are familiar with the real stuff, this patchouli will smell very clean and politically correct to you. It is well blended with the orange note and I appreciate that the sugary note is just that. No caramel undertones that come in and make this perfume into a burnt caramel-orange scent... again. Enough of those scents!

It has a slight presence of flowers under the realistic red jam notes. this keeps it from being a total gourmand perfume. It keeps a certain dryness throughout the day, thanks to the vetiver I believe. I do not get a lot of vanilla and I am happy for this. I have enough strong vanillas in my collection already!

A very nice fragrance for the price, works well in hot weather and cold weather for me. I recommend it especially because it won't break the bank and it is well made and not another sweet orange mess of chemicals... to my nose anyway! Simple and efficient, I reach for it on my "what to wear" days. It has everything, patchouli, sweet fruit, flowers, citrus, etc.

I don't really find it masculine like other reviewers... but once again, describe "masculine"?

A poor woman/man's Hermes Elixir des merveilles!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I'm so happy- I got this for £6 on Ebay and I love it! This scent transports me back to my childhood in the 70's ,it reminds me of how shops smelled back then-like incense,hippies and those sandalwood balls you used to put in your clothing drawer. It is spicy and exotic, warm and evocative. Contrary to other reviewers I cannot detect oranges or marmalade at all,for me I get mainly the patchouli,vanilla,sugar & spices with only a very small hint of bergamot. The retro packaging and bottle are spot on. It is quite a masculine scent,like Vivienne Westwood's Let it Rock-another of my favourites. It could be a unisex fragrance, as it is not girly in the slightest,other than the sweet notes. Unique and wonderful-if you like something retro and a bit different,it is definitely worth trying as it can be bought very cheaply at the moment.

Migalex
Migalex

Well, this one surprised me. I bought it only because I found it very very cheap, even though I already knew the scent and did not like it that much. It does smell of dark (patchouly) orange marmalade and I used to find it too sweet, even though its sweetness is not linear, it does have a sour twist, and a bit sticky, gravity heavy. Well, when I wore it, I kept getting whiffs of a really marvellous scent, not too sweet at all, even if a bit gourmand. Well, great surprise. It ended up being a keeper.

vloterbiegje

I like this perfume all right, but it's quite a simple fragrance. On me it smells like oranges and caramel. I did read somewhere that Cacharel tried to capture the smell of a particular type of French cake in this perfume. So if that's what they wanted they probably succeeded. I get a bit of patchouli but not enough to overcome the dessert notes. I like the smell of oranges so in that way I can still enjoy wearing this. But it's a bit of a disappointing smell in that I would have liked it to be more complex, less sweet and more referring to the image of the strong, free woman (not a home cook ;)).

Hayven
Hayven

I like this a lot. I didn't think I would, given that it has a moderate presence of patch and I usually go BOO, HISS at it. This is a powdery marmalade patch. I think I will love it come fall and winter. I'll probably spray it on a scarf to make it last longer. Mmm!

rdickey
rdickey

Sort of amber-y orange-y. Nice!

kkk
kkk

One of my colleague in the office used to wear it, was sooo yammy: very sweet orange marmalade. Sweet but not in the girly way but in some dark spicy way.
Very piquant!
So I bought it blindly... Unfortunately it doesn't fit to my chemistry, on me the patchouliy is so strong(gave me a headache). I wish I can enjoy more sweet&spicy orange and less patchouli!

lovetoshopmum
lovetoshopmum

I love this fragrance ... I agree with some of the other fans of this perfume that with the initial spray it definitely has some similarities to Elixir des Merveilles by hermes but not the same depth. Its a gorgeous beachy summer fragrance, dont get the citrus, as I dont like that in a perfume, but you get lovely warm sugary chocolate orange. My bottle was a blind buy on ebay and I will be ordering another ou bottle... go buy it girls you will love it!!

dehdalbosco
dehdalbosco

A friend of mine was traveling and brought this for me in a bottle of 30ml and was one of my first perfumes. I love the smell, it is floral, sweet and yet citrus. What I most feel about this scent is orange, lemon and patchouli. It is a fragrance for all ages, its not very strong, in fact its very refreshing. Its not a scent that attracts attention, as the strong ones, it's a perfume for those who are cute, mysterious, with less prominent personalities, women who are remarkable and sexy. Its a versatile fragrance because it can be used both day and night. I use to go to work, lunches and college, and I dont use it for parties and evening appointments. It can be used in all seasons, but I use it mostly in summer and spring. On my skin it does not last much, on average 4 hours (this is the only weak point). The smell remains the same, these first four hours, and for the rest of the day it becomes just like a "memory" that you wore it that day, very soft and subtle. The bottle is very sweet, is a flower, I found it very delicate and sophisticated, like the fragrance. The flower-shaped bottle and the orange color say it all: citrus and floral. One of the best mixes of Cacharel, I love it.

SCENT - 9/10
LASTING - 6/10
BOTTLE - 10/10

Lumiere
Lumiere

This perfume is truly unexpectedly delicious. Fresh-orangie-summery, it also at times calls for thoughts of home made desserts, dried orande skins milled into cedrat, while patchouli makes it lasting close to body scent. I can understand that it's compared to L de Lolita, as it has sweetness but saltiness, reminding of salty sea summer winds, and freshness of sun-lit morning, what is also suggested by the bottle cover and ads of the girl with sun-kissed hair and crisp white shirt. It has immediatly created holiday summer mood. Orange box that mock-seals like an envelope is also very delicate and has luxury feel, nothing of cheap paper of some mass marketed perfumes. Overall,plus plus plus. Long forgotten feel of such brothers like Energising by Sheseido, Lumiere by Rochas, even Au Masculin Lempicka and Happy Clinique. A happy perfume.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume is an unexpected LOVE for me. Impulse bought after sniffing once.

What opens as a sparkling citrusy orange smell that is light fresh and invigorating soon turns into a very sexy scent. Which reminds me also of Jimmy Choo (As said by Bobbyferrant). It’s smells like Jimmy Choo minus the toffee note and replaced with orange. It’s also reminiscent of the sexy woodsiness of Calvin Klein’s Euphoria. It has that same woody tone except this is alot more citrus and vanilla.

A love child of JC and CK with an orange spark. This is really really lovely for the price and I didn’t expect to like it so much.

Well done Cacharel.

astamm62
astamm62

At first I didn't care for this scent,but the more I wear it the more I like it..This might seem weird,this smells to me like Angel with a twist of orange.I like wearing this on my pulse points,and wearing Beyonce's Heat Rush on my body,especially the shimmer spray.

psychofuzzz
psychofuzzz

I bought this at very low price on line.I like it very much.Easy to wear ,perfect for everyday fragrance.In my opinion ,the combination orange - patchouli is very succeeded here ,at first it's strong sweet orange patchouli ,then the drydown is lovely and pleasant with vanilla.Unfortunately ,it's not long lasting on my skin.

Kin
Kin

Still on my wrist, forever in my mind. Tricky one, flirty and surprising. Opening is so much lighter and more sparkling than calming and warm ending. If that's liberty - i wanna be free :)

akia vida
akia vida

jury, for me, is still not out on this one. This is because I have not sprayed it on my skin yet.

On first sniff and sprayed on clothing it smells too sweet for my taste. But eventhough I am not a big fan of sugary/sweet perfumes I have to admit that this one intriguis me in some mysterious way... I can't quite put my finger on it...

Something in this perfume appeals to me so I will give it a chance and try it...

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

Theres something about this that reminds me of Jimmy Choo edp, but more citrus, brighter & syrupy. It has that similar texture to it that JC edp has, which i love..but its more free-spirited, summery, casual & day appropriate.

muza
muza

Burnt citrusy caramel.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I really like this one. At first a burst of citrus sweetness hits you in the face; very sunny and fresh...then as it dries, you are left with a spicy cookie scent...delicious!

Bettany87
Bettany87

The initial spray on me was surprisingly warm, full bodied and strong... yes, sweet but with lots of patchouli (I tend to detect the faintest patchouli). Then I started getting some sugary citrus notes and that toasty honey, yet it's not simply fruity, it's actually sophisticated. As it dried down it maintained its sweet disposition and the beautiful blend of all the orange and spicy notes is so comforting like a warm embrace. I've just changed my rating for this fragrance from "like" to "love"!

Delightful and bright fragrance!

Liberte smells sweet and very citrusy orange beautified with the exotic frangipani floral note. A little bit candied and very sugary fragrance.

I like this fragrance in the beginning, because it smells really radiant, but unfortunately soon it starts to smell mostly like a burned sugar.

I rather like this fragrance than don't. Only I wish it was more like in the beginning of its opening and the lasting power was better.

Kamaty
Kamaty

I can't decribe how much i love this fragrance !!!
Make me feel wonderfull ...citrus, vanilla, powdery and comfort begin to the and.
I need amout of botlle this...
Loooooooove!!!

mahadewi
mahadewi

Love this perfume a lot, this is a perfume I wear just for myself when I want to feel confident and enjoy my day! It's not too fruity with the patchouli in it, I feel it is quite unique. I would wear it any season, it definitely brightens your day in winter. I'm very happy I blind bought 3 bottles of it (for a very cheap price). Was going to give them away for presents but am keeping them all for myself - this one is a keeper! :)

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

My mother bought this scent, but she couldn't really wear it. She passed it on to me... And on me it smells like citrus and sunshine .... just so lovely... It's a scent I would wear in the summer. The fragrance is very sweet and feminine, energic and beautiful... I love wearing this perfume, and to me it is the smell of summer.

it smells very much like EUPHORIA,just sweeter.it's got lots of patchouli,but it's not annoying to my nose like some of patchouli dominant perfumes.it starts with a blast of fruits,patchouli and sugar and ends up with patchouli and flowers.at the dry down,it gets close to Miss Dior Cherie too.it's not very oranges and citruses dominant as I expected it to be from the notes and juice color.
I think it's a playful fragrance for both young and elder ladies.I wish I could still find it in stores,but as it's disappeared one should go for it's newer alternatives.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

This has a bit for everyone, and the notes show up like dancers in a chorus -line.
A delicious orange with lemon zest is the first thing I smell, followed by a seductive frangipani wrapped in honey that was flavored with vanilla and held over patchouli smoke. Sounds gourmand but doesn't feel like it in the dry down.

It's very warm, sensual and fresh at the same time. Not too much of one thing, but -on my skin- a wonderful mix of all the above that smells really sexy on my skin. Silage is: "yes, that yummy smell is ME! Good eh?". Longevity: 5-6 hours if you also put some on your clothes. A keeper!

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

After the initial BLAST of patchouli, on my skin this gem turns into a pure babygirl-nursery/dragee smell in a luxurious and prestigious kind of way. How this transformation is possible is a total mystery to me?! It makes me feel so good...IMO the orange packaging is misleading.

EDIT: It must be the sugar note!

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

I received two samples of this and I've used it twice. I really like it. It starts with a bit of citrus and then BOOM the sweet orange. The orange is followed by the patchouli. The patchouli is rich and sweet. To me, this scent has a sophisticated feel to it. It's luxurious. It's for a confident woman. I plan to purchase this the first good deal I find. :)

Mary.Time
Mary.Time

I usually don't like sweet perfumes, but this one is different. It is warm and sensual, but not too overpowering. And my boyfried says it turns him on... a lot :D

It is such a shame this one was discontinued... sigh

guest_Vie Cafe

I was expecting a sweeter, orange-ish smell because of the bottle I guess. I was very surprised when I sprayed it for the first time... it smelled almost like Coco Mademoiselle EdT on my arm!! I own Coco Mademoiselle and have been pretty bored with it lately. I am beginning to like it less and less, except for the end of the dry down which is suave and spicy on me, with notes of musky patchouli with vetiver and vanilla. Besides, being one of the best selling perfume in the world, it is not very original anymore.

So now I have a bottle of Cacharel Liberte that is sitting on my dresser and I do not know what to think of it.

Juma
Juma

It could be written on a bottle: For patchouli lovers only!
Fortunately, I love it, as i love sweet oranges.
One of those perfumes I recognise on strangers passing by.
It's a beautiful classic to me.
At first I was even affraid to test it because I thought it's too "marmelade", and no, it's not, it's not even gourmand to me.
It's not classy and nor sophisticated, it's loud and proud a 90's scent.

KatyK
KatyK

Fizzy orange sherbert candy! I want to like it because it is so very orange but it is just too achingly sweet. If only I could find a more sophisticated orange fragrance that had the sillage and staying power of this one!

kimberlylizkennedy

I have this if anyone wants to trade. It's not for me. I have been spoiled by my Joe Malone Orange Blossom Cologne and my Prada Infusion d'Oranger. Liberte is to light for me.

Write me if you want to trade! Make some suggested trades!

pomdgf
pomdgf

I'm gonna get this fragrance just only one reason is Gisele. I thought this one is perfect for everyday in summer. Put on my wish list.

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

So WOW! the first 10 minutes was a complete punch in the face. OUCH!! I thought I had a scrubber.
After that it settled down to a dull roar and I'm loving it. We'll see in a couple of hours.
This is an interesting scent. It has that funny awkward, dissonant note of Mugler's Angel that catches in my nose, surrounded by a lovely fried citrus smell.
It's now 5 hours and I'm left with a still vibrant sugary scent and maybe vanilla?
I had 2 lovely compliments on my perfume though tonight.

Pursuant: Woke up this morning to a delicious dry down quite linear from where it was pre-sleep.

Longevity-Excellent
Sillage-Excellent
Scent-Good, people around me loved it more than I

Santalrosa
Santalrosa

Another blind buy, in part due to the reviews here. Loved the bottle but the fragrance took on a medicinal orange cough syrup form when it was first applied, found this a little unsettling. Then, after an hour, it mellowed and became a sweet honey/orange cake - delicious! The spices kept everything from sweet overload, and lingered until fading away almost four hours later. On my mum, this wore as a warm creamy orangey vanilla all the way until drydown.

DawnySparkle
DawnySparkle

After finding a 50ml bottle on eBay for £8 I thought why not-I'm into really sweet scents but like some fruity's.

The patchouli here is very dominant I think, I love patchouli though which is a plus. The opening was intense with aniseed?? Which isn't listed but I definately detected it strongly!! but it seemed to work well with the extremely citrusy tang-a bit like like jumping into a bath full of oranges!!! But then it settled into a lovely creamy orange/vanilla scent sprinkled with chocolate and wrapped up in patchouli which is just gorgeous.

Definately one for the colder weather, lasting power is not bad but it is an EDT.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

Liberte smells like Coco Mademoiselle with one of the flowers replaced by frangipani, and with a side order of orange marmalade and creme brulee. Happy, sweet, creamy.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Smells a lot like Lolita lempicka, Lolita Lempicka (original) but stronger and better. I'm so sick of LL but this one is very nice. Very orangy, sweet, hints of vanilla and honey. I like it but it's discontinued. I found a perfume store in my city that still sells their stock. They only have a 100ml and a 30ml. I'm still doubting. Keep you updated.

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

I love this perfume. It reminds me of the Boss Orange series where you have citrus top notes and a creamy vanilla base note. It is targeted at young women aged 20-35 years.

lizatt
lizatt

it smells kinda creamy maybe of vanilla? and good fragrance for every season.its so warm.sometimes gives me headache but whatever still i like this so much.i love bottle its beautiful

Bellamare
Bellamare

Makes me feel free, young, beautiful, silly, very much in love with life. Suits me perfectly, like most of the Cahcarel masterpieces. I have a very strong feeling, that I know exactly, what they were going to say by Liberte! Bravo, Olivier Polge!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I really like this one!! To bad it´s discontinued already stock up.. for later when nobody wears it ;)

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle but I sold it, I didn't like the fragrance. Honestly, beginning and heart notes were quite OK, reminding me of an orange jam or spicy marmalade, but the base notes were disappointing. I felt something like a jar full of water with marmalade on its edges, the marmalade is already eaten and it's left only on the edges of the jar with water inside to wash the jar, terrible feeling. If the base notes were better done, maybe I'd have liked it but they were bad done. They were fading away - simply.

I decided I don't want to smell like marmalade so I gave up.

Lasting power wasn't excellent and the fragrance was leaving drop traces all over the bottle when it was put on a side, it really looked like pieces of marmalade - no, no...

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

Very elegant fragrance.This is Angel plus euphoria and Miss Dior Cherie.Silage and longevity very god. Not too sharp and sweet. My very lovely fragrance, perfect for autumn and winter.

Singabera
Singabera

Maybe it's a simple fragrance, but it's so comfortable, so soft and calm. Sweet dry citruses improve my mood, really!
Patchouli is very bright here in the base...

sateni
sateni

its sad that Liberté has been discontinued. Not a lot of perfumes fit me, but this one. It took me ages to find a perfume that would not smell strange on me. I guess i have to search for a new one soon, 'cause i'm running out of Liberté :(

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Despite not finding anything suited to me on the cacherel line, i bought this on the reviews that it had a vanilla base. And im glad i did and not because the vanilla is good! It opens up with a zesty bitterish intense orange, more gourmandish but in a very sophisticated way. I dont know how but liberte manages to be a sparkling scent while being warm at the same time, my guess is the incredibly smooth blend of vetiver and just the right amount of patchouli with a drop of honey goodness. The slight tartness in this (lime?) and sweet spice makes it so addictive, only to finish off with a delicate sprinkling of icing sugar to offset the bitter orange.It makes it into the 'love' list, im going to get another small bottle for the future as i heard it s getting discontinued.
Oh the longevity is slightly below par, the patchouli and vetiver remain in the undertone for hours but the delicious orange smell dissipates in 2 hours, :( oh well i like repsraying often anyway

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I was at the perfume shop and I wanted to buy something nice for myself. Shop assistant gave me one of Hugo Boss for women to smell but I didn´t like it, but she still wanted that I would buy it... Then she gave Liberte and in the beginning I didn´t like it. I smell a lot of orange and mandarins- boring I thought, BUT then comes sugar, powder sugar and smell is soo nice. It´s some sweet perfume but not a lot. Long lasting on me and my husband like it a lot.

bell82
bell82

The first perfume that truly loved. I am very disappointed that the have been withdrawn :(

olga1780
olga1780

My first thought after the initial spray was.... Elixir des Merveilles. Amazingly, at first, Liberte is similar in character to Hermes, but it's like a sweeter and subtler flanker. The opening is really promising but it settles really quickly into a casual warm and sweet scent. it's more of a fun every day fragrance for colder weather.I don't find it too strong or heavy like others do...I personally would like it to have a little more sillage. Like it a lot though.
Actually the more I wear it the more I find it quite light and airy.....after an hour or so it reminds me of Rumeur 2 Rose by Lanvin.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

for all fans: Liberté has been discontinued

lovefull5
lovefull5

It's a very strong perfume, can be quite irritating at times, you have to be in a special mood for this one...

alexababyface
alexababyface

I have this perfume on my wrist right now, and to me smells EXACTLY ,LIKE 'Velvet Hour' by Kate Moss

mymlan
mymlan

There are some major similarities between Liberté and L Lolita de Lempicka pure parfum in the notes (the L version that also contains patchouli) so I thought a comparision would be interesting. A comparision that might appear unequal as it's a battle between a ordinary edt and a pure perfume. Whatsoever, I find it interesting :).

At first sniff I find Liberté a bit rougher, less flowery and after the first blast of bitter orange peels I surprisingly smell quite an amount of anise or licorice (not listed though). But maybe it is the orange and patchouli that are playing tricks to my nose. However, these notes softens down in the heart, where instead the sugar note is more pronounced.

Both fragrances have similar notes of chocolatey bitter orange and burnt sugar in their contents, but L Lolita pure parfum is (not surprisingly) the more romantic, flowery, brighter and deeper fragrance while Liberté is a more simple, potent and straightforward orange-patchouli scent. Both are sweet but not overly sugary.

I like Liberté a lot but I do prefer L Lolita pp if I had to choose between them (I just wish that L parfum came my way in a 50 ml spray bottle, :P, as I find it a bit weak beeing a parfum). On the other hand, I think that Libertés yummy straightforwardness has a very sexy aura. Liberté smells good and daring, like freedom indeed. I also think that Liberté has a lot in common with Lolitas fragrances and I guess that if it was renamed and poured in a pretty Lolita bottle it would also have a lot more worshippers than it has today. That said, I mean that this is not an ordinary fruitchouli. This gal has other qualities as well.

Liberté is a priceworthy and good smelling fragrance. The projection and longevity is good enough beeing an edt. Very full bottle worthy in my opinion, if you like these kind of fragrances. Try it!

LuElste
LuElste

Liberté looks, to my nose, "L Lolita", but an adult version.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Super sexy and packing a big punch, this lies on my skin like Armani Code and TM Angel combined. I feel like I got smacked with a dark orange marmalade sandwich--open face--bitter, delicious rind and all.

My skin amplifies the sugar big time, and it probably didn't help that I doused rather than dabbed my wrists with my sample vial.

The peppy patchouli and soft spices don't do much to cut the sweetness, but rather give Liberte a lot of dimension, interest and sensual warmth.

Excellent fragrance and fantastic value, however I won't be adding this to my collection. Somehow even in small doses, the balance of sweetness is a little too much for me as I have a tendency toward drier scents.

Very fresh when I spray on my wrist. A little bit softspicy and nice flowers. For me this is an everyday-scent. Very shortlived on my skin - about 30 minutes, then its gone.

Väldigt fräsh doft. Lite mjukkryddig med härliga blomnoter. För mig är detta en perfekt varje-dag-doft. Kortlivad doft - efter 30 minuter är den helt borta, tyvärr.

MissLola
MissLola

On me it smels like TM-Angel. To sweet and to orange. only where it on cold days.

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

i like the idea of the sharp orange and the strong patchouli, its a strong one - maybe thats why its called LIBERTE:) after the headnote it becomes creamy, milk/caramel notes and thats when i discover the white flowers, nice and easy after the first flash (which i love) well, its full of surprises this one.
the flash reminds me a bit to Le Feu` Issey from Miyake which is discontinued and since i am always looking for one who smells like it, it had a higher quality at the ingredients but it was much more expensive too:) which leads me to the coolest: the price is awesome!

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

when it came out i loved it.. but now ( i bought it two month ago, without sniffing) i don't like it anymore.. i don't hate it but its way to much patchouli in it... i don't know why i was so keen on it in 2007.

I had this and gave it away after a while. While the orange note at the beginning is nice, it soon develops a harsh tone that is almost masculine. I couldn't get along with this drydown.

lilou
lilou

I love this perfume. The 1st feeling is fresh then it turns into something sweet and I like this contrast. And the sugar is very present : very modern. But it doesn't last all day and it's too bad, I would have prefer something stronger. I can't help thinking of Noa or Noa Perle : delicious fragrance but disappears too quickly.
One of my favourite ones.

aelias
aelias

I have to say, this is the slightly more subdued, "orange" Alien. It could almost be considered a woody fragrance - I don't pick up too many florals, just sweet notes, orange, and some spice. Definitely worth the price for a bottle.

nicolette09
nicolette09

This reminds me of my favorite perfume from years ago that got discontinued, it had vanilla, jasmine and licorice. Liberte is so comforting and beautiful and I just want to smell my wrist all day. At first smells like oranges but then it evolves into a creamy vanilla, sweet and soft. I will purchase this soon, it so cheap and smells great!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

Well hello gorgeous!
smelling this juice transports me back to middle school
where all the cool kids would visit the corner candy store
and eat fill up on funyuns, now and laters and tootsie roll lollipops...
the easy explanation of this is to compare to an orange flavored tootsie pop candied orange complete with the gooey chocolate flavored middle!
this also reminds me of a summer toilette version/flanker of baby phat seductive goddess edp without the labdanum dark undertones....
this a bright candied orange with a sweet patchouli at the base!
go for it!!!! while it can still be found at a bargain price

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is the perfect example of "Test scents ON YOUR SKIN ", not just on the shop's paper !!!
I wanted to test this one very much , because i'm a Cacharel fan , BUT it is discontinued , well supposedly , because i'm just back from a trip to Italy, and you can still find it there ! (I'm from France , Cacharel is French and yet , can't find Liberté there, see irony ?)
So i tested it on paper, and i thought "Oh i have found a Cacharel that i dislike " , but i told myself "Try it on your skin" and then ... WOOOOOW ! I usually dislike sweet scents, and this one really is , but i really LOVE this one, it's sweet , but not gross , quite subtle , generous , shinny .
Cacharel really rocks !

Nada90
Nada90

It is spicy oranges but i kind smell in it euphoria but this one is sweeter than euphoria and has lots of oranges. i got this one as i want it to be like flowerbomb it does smell like it, but nothing smells like flowerbomb.. it doesn't mean that this is bad.. i love this one so much.. it is such a beautiful fragrance with a very sweet smell that lasts and lasts..

malia
malia

Liberté is a delicious fragrance. Optimistic name, color of the bottle and the scent! It gives you a boost of energy and a smile. I feel lucky to had a chance finding this perfume. I absolutely love it!!

kimberly
kimberly

I lucked out, thank God, and got mine today at Ross for 14.00$ God knows I am a perfume freek and blessed me. I recommend the new J-lo fragrance to anyone seeking the orangy note. Hers (Love and Glamour) is more Orangy Musky, and this one to me is orangy incensy...But they share similarities.

maggles
maggles

The juicy oranges give way to something sharp and cold (maybe the freesia) for a while. Then it warms up again, getting sweeter and slightly earthy. [3/5]

TankGirl
TankGirl

Liberte is not a remarcable fragrance, but is a really safe, fresh citrusy option for summer. The scent is young and fresh, sweet but not in an overwelming way. Reminds me of a breakfast table, with swet orange juice and toasts with marmelade. Its just right, simple and as I said perfect to pull of on a sunny day after a swimm in the pool.

Sillage: Close to the skin
Lasting Power: Average

skitten
skitten

I bought this blind on the reviews alone. I seem to have an addiction by scutinizing reviews, over and over.
I am glad that I bought it, not over the moon , but happy enough.
I reckon this would be nice on a man actually way better on a man, as it does not choke me up. My nose is rather put off by a lot of mens fumes, as they are like soap in my nose.
Soap and I do not mix... alas....
Is citrusy, a little fruity, and a little spicey.
For the money is ok, but nothing to write a poem about.
It smells like many other fragrances out there in our perfume world... and I was so hoping it be extra special, but again alas, it is not......:(

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

Gorgeous perfume ... I bought it based on the profile here, and absolutely love it !!

gabri
gabri

Ahhh finally a perfume not too flowery, not fruity, just warm and comfortable, I guess it must be the Patchouly....I wish I had found more bottles but Marshall's only had one.. hopefully someday I will find more of it...I love it !!!!!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

When you first spray Liberte on it smells like chocolate covered orange sticks with the orange top notes and sugar & honey. This is why some reviewers are smelling chocolate in there . After the orange settles down , you get the patcholi and other notes. The orange offsets the patcholi enough to keep it in balance. The sweet keeps the citrus from being too sharp.
I would not call it chypre floral really since it doesn't some across as floral and the chypre part is mild. It's so different from the fruity-florals that so popular right now that it isn't a best seller. You can find it at a discount. I really like Liberte for a change from the average. It's hard not to like a perfume that starts out like chocolate orange sticks (a favorite Christmas treat of mine). It's a fun, happy scent to wear. This would be a good fall scent, wear it to a Halloween party maybe since it has a candy like smell.

Lazaro
Lazaro

one of the most delicious fragrances ever made....

Blue Valentine
Blue Valentine

Nothing remains understated in this scent, nothing left for your imagination. Philosophically speaking, it's utterly well-defined. But the harmony of notes makes up for this. Citruses and spices - notably nutmeg and coriander - are blending in a way that reminds you of your warm and comfortable cashmere coat. For unpretentious urban women of every age.

minty
minty

fades away very fast on me. smells good and oriental. I'm not getting floral notes when I wear it. it's nice and i like it.

hollycat
hollycat

For some reason I smell chocolate. Dont know why, its not listed as a note. I also get orange and patchouli. This one doesnt really smell like a chrype to me. It smells more like an oriental, gourmandish perfume. Quite sweet.

And I agree with some other reviewers that it smells a lot like flowerbomb. Only, much more affordable. So I guess if you like flowerbomb but dont like the price tag. Go for this one!

pureblonde
pureblonde

What a lovely fragrance! I came across this after smelling it on a work colleague and bought it for myself. It's a very surprising scent - the way it develops and then lingers on the skin is not what you would expect from the initial opening. I find the drydown beautiful and warm. This is one of my current faves and has brought me compliments. Perfect as an everyday scent but just as suitable for a night out. Staying power is great, lasts all day for me. Will definitely keep this as part of my collection. Love it!

orchidlover
orchidlover

I love this scent very much (the reason is I have 2 bottles from it).
I don't like citruses, but this frag is an exception, I feel the same with sugary notes. But citruses and sugar works very well in this perfume. So the result is a not too citrusy, not too sugary frag with the perfect balance of both.
I also love the design of the bottle.
Lasting power is also good on me.
I use this scent in hot summer days, but I think it will be also perfect in autumn and in winter.

RkrChk
RkrChk

I bought a sample spray vial of this fragrance after reading all the HOOPLA over it...Well, it's a STINKER on me...I don't know if it's the vetiver with the patchouli, but it does NOT go well with my chemistry...It started out quite nice & citrusy, and then went sour & cheap smelling...Not a winner or keeper for me!

maja314
maja314

i bought it because it was cheap and am sorry to have spent the money. This perfume has a nice start with fresh oranges then changes to sugared almonds and then, too soon to my liking, changes into something a bit too smokey. Not a complicated perfume, the change in notes is not a fading but more like sudden changes, don´t like the composition. People did give me compliments when i was wearing it but i don´t like to smell it on me.

Annica:
This is no longer stocked on the shelves, and I figured that finding it at rock bottom prices in bargain bins was not a good sign...
I live abroad, where I only have access to stores like Douglas that sell really mainstream fragrances, so you might still be able to find it in better/bigger stores.
I think they have made way for Scarlett (which is not bad actually) and their beloved Amor Amor

Budaqueen

Yet again another very nice fragrance that Cacharel will discontinue...
I thought the ad totally captured the spirit of the fragrance: bohemian, summery, carefree with a hint of 70's/retro. The combination of orange and patchouli is very nice, fresh and warm at the same time...
I was put off this fragrance by a work colleague who admitted to me that she hated it and was finding hard to stand it when I was wearing it. The patchouli always comes out strong on me (which I love) and I guess some people don't like it. I have recently seen Liberté in bargain bins in perfume shops and I have seriously hesitated to by one last bottle... I only found eau de toilette though, and that's why I didn't in the end.
Sometimes I feel like a hoarder trying to "save" bottles of nice fragrances from bargain bins, especially after some fragrances I loved disappeared totally before I even had time to buy one last bottle.
I still don't understand this determination by Cacharel to keep the very unexciting 'Amor Amor' and discontinue the nicer fragrances (like Gloria for example... what a loss that was)

panda0410
panda0410

Definitely NOT a chypre floral... gourmand? absolutely!! This is more floriental/vanilic to me. I had the chance to test this the other day and was remarkably surprised in my wear experience. I was tempted, having read reviews that likened it to Armani Code, I was quite keen to get it on. I must say that after about 30mins all I could smell was Flowerbomb. My friend commented that she knew I was wearing Flowerbomb because it was one of her faves on me....LOL.... it was not Flowerbomb, Cacharel Liberte - *on me* - is an almost exact dupe!! I walked around for hours and hours pondering why I would even bother buying Flowerbomb again after having worn this. I can see other reviews too liken this to other gourmands, Lolita Lempicka & TM Angel, and I see the review also citing Flowerbomb as with me. This has become a perfume that I think I must own, though I can also see from the reviews that the outcome is quite varied between users.

ANAEMANDREI
ANAEMANDREI

NOW I GOT THIS AND I AM VERY HAPPY.I SMELL IT ALL DAY LONG .I GOT THE CREAM AND SHOWER GEL TOO.IT SMELLS LIKE SUGAR CARAMELIZED.I LOVE IT!

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I bought it online without smelling before but depending on the comments in fragrantica and never regret it :)

However I should say this smells very familiar to Lolita Lempicka. Lolita makes me nauseous, altough I like it on other people, but Liberte is just right.

Its very sweet, warm and cute smell. Feminine scent but not sexy, just very cute.

I think despite all other comments this is a summer scent, too joyful for winter.

Wearing this makes me happy.
I have just 30ml but I will buy a 75ml bottle for sure.

danablue19
danablue19

I bought this because I needed a daytime,fresh-floral summer perfume. Altought I usually buy only heavy perfumes ,like Black XS,Midnight poison, I have to say I like it.It's sweetish,smells like marmalade or tea with honey and lemon in it. It's the type of perfume you wear on sundays at picnics.Makes me think of a carefree sunny,funny day...now I get why they called it LIBERTE!

guest_elena
guest_elena

this model not a Leticia Casta... About perfume : I think liberte is quite comforting, it makes you feel warm and cosy in a cold day, after using it i can smell warm waves around myself for ages!! i think also that this perfume has quite organic smell and i want to put it after hot shower , but not as some perfumes, when you taking a hot shower to get rid of them.

mmizy
mmizy

this was a gift by a very generous fragrantica member. This is a very easy wear perfume and its smells like a citrus herbal marmalade. exactly like a candied orange peel. Its absolutely delish without the toothache. Quickly moving up the ranks to being one of my favs. good lasting power!! I also feel that it is very diverse. You can use it in both the winter and the summer.

Saying that Cacharel LIBERTE is a chypre floral perfume is rather like saying that a person who bathes naked is a nudist. Perhaps not the best metaphor, but, honestly, LIBERTE opens as a sweet vanilla oriental and stays that way for hours before leaving a faint, still slightly sweet patchouli layer behind.

LIBERTE opens very similarly to several other sweet oriental offerings familiar to me. So, somewhat ironically, what makes this fragrance distinctive is what it takes a few hours to become. Too long to wait, no doubt, for those who shun sweet vanilla sugar. That's right: the sugarcube note is no joke, and, although there is a touch of orange, the vanilla really dominates here... If you're looking for a chypre, as advertised, you'd best look elsewhere. LIBERTE is a fine, albeit light, vanilla oriental for about 90% of its detectable life.

On my skin, LIBERTE has medium sillage and good lasting power for an edt. But this is really not a chypre, and I also think that there are better choices for those seeking either sweet vanilla or orange.

instantjim
instantjim

I bought two sets of this fragrance for $10 Australian - about $9 US (each with 1.7oz edt, a mini 0.17 oz edt and including a little brass pendant).

I gave one each to my teenage daughters. what really stands out for me is the sugar and the orange - I really don't pick up the patchouli very much, which is surprising since I love patchouli (but then again I love the patchouli in Givenchy Gentleman), so it's probably too subtle for me in this fragrance.

There is something which gives me the impression of a similarity with Vera Wang Princess (it is probably the sugar). My eldest daughter seems to like it the most.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

bought this fragrance unsniffed , based on the notes which i foynd a very interesting combination.turned out to be afavorite fragrance of mine. the drydown is very warm smells like sugared orange, although im not good at rewiews i found liberte a very good fragrance for winter time, especially for daily use and a very different perfume from the floral cacharel tha i ussualy smell and bored me.

rithacha
rithacha

Thank you Jillzilla for the sample! It's miraculous how you fill the vials right up to the tip tip top without spilling a drop over :)

Liberte is quickly growing on me. The first whiff is seriously sweet, like a stereotypical celeb fragrance on crack. It's sharp, it's acidic, it's pure sugar. I wanted to peel my skin off. But then within minutes, though, citruses start showing up to add some depth to the sugarcone. The orange is very prominent, accompanied by a light breeze of floral. Hmm, nice. Then it gets even better as the fragrance becomes progressively more ambery and VANILLA. Strangely I don't get excessive patchouli in my vanilla base, which is fine with me.

Liberte reminds me a little of RL Ralph Rocks and a little of Armani Code, but still very distinct from both of them. It has better texture than Ralph Rocks because it isn't quite so gourmand and creamiscle-like; the vanilla is much more prominent, but it's lighter and powdery (maybe due to the dry woods in the base). It has a similar orange-vanilla to Code, but it isn't as dark without the heavy honey/white florals. IMHO Liberte is exceedingly similar to Code without honey, lightened up, and patchouli set in the base. A daytime edition of Code? It just may be.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Orange orange orange - if Fanta made a fragrance this would be it. I was given a bottle and used it as a sweet summer weekend fragrance quite easily. It's not a fragrance of substance but enjoyable while it lasts. I too agree it's more fruity than floral.

I have to say though, Cacharel are good at mixing it up. They're not afraid to take a punt on different fragrances and regularly break their own mold.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Im wearing this today for the 1st time since I bought it and wow this is really orangey at first but it sweetins up a bit and smells really good so far it has good lasting power and I am glad I bought this 1.7 oz at Marshalls for $12.99 a good perfume and a pretty bottle too. Wish I could find a 3.4 oz

mini87
mini87

i really like this fragrance.the opening is a bit sharp and might be overhelming,but the dry-down is sweet and interesting.i do recomend it for fall-winter.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I bought Liberte at a very low price and had no big expectations.
It starts with a citrus zing and then mellows down to a soft vanilla aroma.
That was it. Soft and mildly sweet. Pleasant but once is enough.

desmondorama
desmondorama

The simple orange-coloured box and tall, organic-form, graduated orange bottle immediately suggests casual/hot weather/freedom/holiday/Bohemian/retro 70's.

After spraying it on my skin, I instantly realised why so many women have not been fanatical about Liberte; because it really is a very light male/unisex fragrance and would have done so much better as a shared fragrance instead.

To me, it's a lighter version of Aquolina's Blue Sugar or A*Men/Angel Men by Thierry Mugler.

Anyway, the other reviews have summed it up really well: gourmand,sensual, light, soft, sweet, exotic and casual which is just perfect for warmer weather - it's high summer here and the fragrance is sensual and delicious on my skin. Unfortunately, the lasting strength is not high on me, but that's something you need to test out yourself.

Love or hate it, I think this is a wearable perfume for either gender and in the perfume industry, there will always be people who can only pick out the negatives and not the positives of a good perfume creation!

As much as I like it, I have to say the the lasting strength and sillage are far too light for my intense tastes and body chemistry.

I think it may be great for young high school girls who spend time at the beach with their friends.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Hey! You got your patchouli in my marmalade!
Hey! You got your marmalade in my patchouli!
Patchouli and marmalade together in one bottle--that is the story of Liberte.

guest_please_danimcneil
guest_please_danimcneil

I can give you in exchange beyond paradise, because I don't like it very much. You give me this Liberté, thank you!!

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Hmm, it´s not bad but never becomes a favourite fragrance of me. I have a bottle but I think I will give it away to by friend. Unfortunately, it´s nothing for me. :o(

guest_alicia
guest_alicia

Incredible perfume! This should become a classic! It captures memories like only a chypre can do.
Wonderful orange and patchouli aroma, slightly sugared.
I can't believe Cacharel discontinued this. It's a shame.
After all these endless fruity-florals they managed to create a perfume with character.
For the free spirited and sexy woman who doesn't need high heels attract!

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

Just beautiful, and not too pricey.
It's fun and flirty but classy too.
It's very bright and makes one feel happy and elated. And what a pretty bottle too. I think it's great for day or evening.

fragaga
fragaga

This is a magic and unique perfume. I agree that it is very bohemian.
It changes all the time when I wear it and it's very different from the other Cacharel scents.
It starts with a very bitter orange and some fruity notes, that are different from the usual fruity perfumes, maybe a little bit earthy already?
The heart already reveals the patchouli, which in my oppinion here is very well made, it's sweetened with vanilla and softened. It's a warm patchouli, not like wet earth, more like earth that has been dried by the sun.
I also get some salty notes in this one, so this could remind of sand and sea.
I see a similarity to Lempicka's L, but less sweet and far less oriental and I also see a similarity to Viktor&Rolfs Flowerbomb, which I can't explain.
This fragrance is a happy maker but in a calm way. It warms you and makes you feel serene.
It reminds me of sunny days and warm sand so yes, it has something to do with liberty. ;-)

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Liberte was a miss for me. If we had crossed paths five or ten years ago, I'm sure we would have had a passionate affair. I find this one to be more of a gourmand than a chypre. I agree with the previous reviewers who note that this one smells like Angel. Angel was a favorite of mine through the 1990's and early 2000's, but we've grown apart, and I'm not as interested in the gourmand vanilla-patchouli scents anymore.

Liberte definitely fits the vanilla-patchouli mold, with a bit of juicy orange for added sweetness. I now prefer my vanilla to be a little more straightforward, and my patchouli to be paired with something other than sweet fruits and vanilla.

However, if the notes on Liberte look interesting to you, it's worth a try. It's a very high-quality, long-lasting scent that can often be found at discount stores for a very good price.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It was falovalo's review that convinced me to buy this fragrance. Yes! Patchouli!!! Loads of it! I love patchouli. On me, the notes that sang out were patchouli and white sugar, with hints of spiced orange peel. Earthy, soft and sweet. This one definitely has to be sprayed on skin to get the full effect (if you like patchouli, that is). I sprayed it on paper first, and it gave me a headache. On my skin, it was a gentle fragrance.

guest_ven
guest_ven

i got load of compliment while wearing liberté.. in mauritius cool summer..umm great scent.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

I got a sample vial of Liberté from a friend, and while I probably won't spend money on it, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would! It's definitely citrusy and sugary-sweet; just like candied oranges would probably smell.
What's so funny about it is that this scent made me think of the seventies; when wearing it, I'd picture myself with big blonde hair, being one of Charlie's Angels!

nasus s
nasus s

I was hoping to try this for awhile after visiting the Cacharel website and reading some good reviews. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not as I feel patchouli can sometimes make or break a scent, but this really is a great find. The first spray is beautiful-sweet & orangey. The dry down is really great too- feminine and warm with a little spice. I've gotten lots of compliments while wearing this only a few times so far.

I never found this anywhere to test first, but was able to find the lotion, 1 oz bottle, and a shower gel all for less than $30 between TJMaxx & Marshalls over a few months. Layering helps it stay longer than a few hours. It's an awesome find for a bargain perfume!

falovalo
falovalo

After reading so many good reviews, I'm a bit disappointed in this. I smell very strong notes of patchouli. I hate patchouli!!! There's a very faint orange essence in it, but it's drowned out by the damn patchouli. Not bad, but a bit too earthy for me.

Malegria
Malegria

I like the beginning better then the dry down. It is sensual and sexy, you can smell patchouli and plumeria right away...it really is similar to Euphoria, but only in the beginning. Then it starts to change, and quickly.The orange peel kicks in, and is replaced by a vetiver drydown that is very, very different in mood then the top notes.
I think it`s kind of a disbalanced perfume. I love Cacharel and even love the latest perfumes made to please general public and younger crowd. But this one is kind of in between - not sophisticated enough and not fun enough.
A little disappointing!

Amarilla
Amarilla

A fragrance for carefree,open-minded women.
Chic and bohemian, draws attention day n night. It is a summery scent but can be too sweet on a very hot summer day.
The drydown is very sensual, always draws compliments. Some say it's similar to Miss Dior Chérie or Ralph Rocks but I can't draw a parallel. Maybe (I say maybe) some parts of it reminds me of CK's Euphoria but I like Liberté much better.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

I know that's not a good reason but I have to tell that first reason that I bought this perfume cause Gisele is a presenter55.Then, when I spray and tested I'm sure I can't go wrong with this one with my easy day.Scents are very fresh,energizing,spicy and yummy!
Perfectly with my White T-shirt,vintage jean and sandal.Love it!!!!!

sjanira
sjanira

This is my type of fragrance! I cannot stop smelling my wrist right now!! Someone gave me a sample of this and I'm so glad she did. It's one of the most delicious scents in my collection. Very sweet, orangy but with the spice it evens out the sweetness. It's like an orange sweet brandy.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I guess I would rename this one "Orange Sugar" as that is what it basically is...at least at first sniff. Not that orange sugar is a bad thing because it is not, in fact it's quite pleasant.

This does evolve and move past the sweet stuff. The addition of patchouli and spices are well worth the wait and blow away the initial sugar high. It's still sweet but the spice adds a burst of flavor and the patchouli makes it a tad herbal. More spicy orange compote than caramel candy.

I was not disappointed and will wear it this summer. PLUS, the TJMaxx price tag makes it easy to spritz my heart out.

limypeachella
limypeachella

The top note is like spicy dried orange peel, i can sense a strong green herbalness, but then it quickly fades to a sugary lemon almond scent.
The drydown reminds me a bit of les belles almond amour by nina ricci.
This perfume is not that long lasting, its nice but its not fantastic.

My immediate thoughts when I tried this perfume were, "it smells just like an orange flavoured icypole".

As you may have guessed, Liberte is a very sweet and orangey scent. It's not what I would describe as a sexy fragrance, however it is very comforting, casual and warm.

The citrus notes are quite intense when you first spray Liberte, but it mellows into a soft and sugary orange with the sweet and tropical note of frangipani. The drydown is quite spicy, but that is to be expected when you look at the notes listed.

The overall scent is quite luminous and fresh. When I smell this and look at the bottle, for some strange reason it reminds me of beach parties. Perhaps this is because Liberte is a celebration in a bottle.

I have a very high opinion of Cacharel and their fragrances, and this scent certainly did not disappoint.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I tested Liberte out several times on paper during the winter to see what it was like. All I could smell was a patchouli similar to Angels so I never tried it on despite loving the other notes. I found this for $8 so I decided to give it a shot and buy it.

Let me just say WOW! Of all the perfumes ive tried so far this one you HAVE to wear to get the effect! My bestfriend was right! I do get a Lolita Lempicka type smell. It does smell of patchouli but with more going on than it did on paper. I get lots of frangipani flower and sweetness from the fruits and sugar cane. The dry down is smokey, sweet and warm from the patchouli, vanilla and vetiver. It has great lasting power. I can see this being good for winter or summer cause its warm yet citrusy.

ruxxy
ruxxy

My interpretation of the bottle, after smelling the fragrance, is as follows:
-a white base, with tons of sugar and heavy white florals
-the yellow middle:an attempt of citrus juice, but turned to a sticky syrup when has contact with the sugar
-the top: incandescent fruit peel
-the metallic ornament on the cap: like a seal on a package, protecting the sickeningly sweet content of any influences(like skin pH or weather or something, anything, that could give flexibility to this fragrance). Also, it's like a carnivorous flower:once you're into this by spraying, it stops smelling only after you're dead with so much burning jam.
But that's only my opinion, and I see that there are some of you who actually think that "Liberte" is fit for summer...

eskarina62
eskarina62

My next buy on the list of desired fragrances.
Had a shop assistant convince me to spray some on my skin and let it wear off a bit.
I simply fell in love with a completely new set ot sensations-very delicate trace of whatever fruit you may expect, the dominance of the sweetness of sugar cane (I presume) wears off to give in to the loveable scent of vanilla and spices with a only trace of patchouli....
Makes me want bite my wrist off :)
A must-have fragrance for spring and...autumn...

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I just bought this today. Oh, heaven! I love the sweet citrus topnotes that are tempered just a bit- perhaps its the sugar- so that they smell juicy and peachy instead of sharp. The floral comes out a minute later- just a little sweet and exotic. Finally, a warm, rich vanilla emerges that ties this all together. I will happily add this one to my rotation.

elli
elli

Pretty close to perfection. Has the lovely refreshing and at the same time naughtily bitter citrus thing going on, very much like CK Truth and on the other hand has this fiery, but not overly spicy, delicious T.M. Angel side to it. Stays fresh on my skin all through the day until fades to tempting chocolate by the night. Usually I have a strange reaction with otherwise lovely fragrances with prominent citrus notes- they make my stomach growl (e.g. CK Truth, Versace Bright Crystal etc), but that doesn't happen with this one. Great for winter, but I wouldn't rule it out in summer either...Like the naughtier sister of Armand Basi's Red. To MandyCat: I'd say Lolita is much more sugary sweet with less citrus to balance it out nicely.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

I've worn this for a while, a remarkable caramello-toffee note and some liquorice, very warm and pleasant. A cosy, comforting scent, like a bar of chocolate with orange peel in it. Quite surprising!

Deedz
Deedz

I just want this one SO MUCH! I always put it on when I find testers in stores. I think it smells different to Ralph Rocks. Ralph is too acidic smelling to me where as Liberte is soft and wears into the vanilla after not too long. It's orangey without being too zesty.

angelahta
angelahta

Very sweet fragrance, but not long lasting for me. The orange here is delicate, totally different from Ralph Rocks.

Taliera
Taliera

Smells like Ralph Rocks because of the citrus notes, but more mature. A nice fragrance - although I wouldn't buy it since I already have Ralph Rocks.

dolita
dolita

the only good thing in it is the design of the bottle but i don't think that perfume can match with me its too strong

wildflower
wildflower

Very easy to wear. Not very long lasting, but I find it very nice. Vanilla in the base smooths the fragrance very pleasantly. Its similar to Guccis rush and Miss dior cherie, but not as sharp and crispy as the other two.

amanda
amanda

its not my favourite, doesent smell bad, but fades away very fast, and doesent have time to grow out, and show all notes. its quite simple.

Liberte by Cacharel 3.61 out of 5 based on 679 ratings and 164 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Liberte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Liberte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Liberte by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Liberte by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.