Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Lou Lou Blue Cacharel for women

Lou Lou Blue Cacharel for women
dislike

Lou Lou Blue Cacharel for women Pictures Lou Lou Blue Cacharel for women Pictures

Lou Lou Blue by Cacharel is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Lou Lou Blue was launched in 1995. Top notes are green notes, peach, anise and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle, orchid, freesia and orris root; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla and vetiver.

Green Notes Peach Anise Bergamot

Honeysuckle Orchid Freesia Orris Root

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vanilla Vetiver

The One

Lou Lou Blue Fragrance Reviews

Eicher

This is the best perfume I ever had. My very first "serious" scent together with Lou Lou. Almond and vanilla are the strongest accord, which make this perfume a real gourmand one.

Almost completely withdrawn from the European market together with Lou Lou, it's very difficult to get one of this "classic".
I don't understand why Cacharel doesn't lunch it again.

Musky4

I wanted to come back to this and write another review, as I don't think I gave this perfume enough credit last time. I wore it today and sprayed it on myself about an hour before going to the gym. I can tell you that Lou Lou Blue develops beautifully with body heat and half an hour into my workout a fellow gym user commented on how lovely I smelled! It's a bright, dry and warm day here and this perfume is perfect in this kind of weather (I don't think it would be as suitable for very warm weather). I could smell this gorgeous warm and mysterious scent constantly throughout my workout, but it's soft enough not to induce a headache. Will have to wear this more often! A real gem.

LisaMari
LisaMari

EW. Smells like a public toilet. Lots of powdery, synthetic notes and an undertone of pee.

Musky4

I must have bought this the year it was launched as I remember having the beautiful Lou Lou Blue magazine advert / poster on my bedroom wall. This was one of my favourite daytime perfumes at the time (when I was a goth) and I was very sorry they discontinued it. Nevertheless I managed to get hold of a bottle several years later, but it had somewhat lost it's appeal by then.

EDIT: Just repurchased this perfume and wore it for the first time again today after many years. It is how I remembered but stronger. Longevity is very good but I do take on board and get what the reviewer above says about it smelling like a public toilet! I thought the same thing when I sprayed it on today (I don't remember thinking that when I wore it in the 1990s). The dry down is nice when the fragrance gets really soft and warm. I still think of this as being a very 'gothic' fragrance and very different from modern perfumes. For me it is a 'like' rather than a 'love', but I am delighted to have it in my collection once more.

icecube
icecube

Wow - creamy vanilla and a wellbalanced mix of flowers and woods.
Straight up on my ten top list.
Pretty and artsy as someoneelse mentioned.

Kalina Malina
Kalina Malina

I am a Cacharel fan, Lou Lou Blue is my favorite. I love it and this is the best scent I have ever had. So many years I cant find fragrance which remind me on it or better than LLBlue.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

How pretty is this ? I rejected it back in the day when the original Lou Lou was a favourite and I liked stronger scents, now having found it years later after it's discontinuation I feel I have missed out.
A fresh and fruity opening quickly gives way to a hint of anise, and then becomes a powdery and slightly balmy oriental floral. Beautifully blended, no single note dominates to me, although I find the least prominent notes are the green nuances and freesia. It is very soft
and feminine and reminds me of the lighter scents by Lolita Lempicka. Soft to moderate sillage and moderate longevity on my skin, I would wear this day or night in winter,spring and summer . Lovely !

Dominic80
Dominic80

My favorite since the 1990's: it reminds me of my first g/f! I was 13! And I loved and thought everything was sweet! I cannot live without it! It's necessary any time i need to remind myself of dreamy, wonderful feelings..
I always thought Heliotrope was prominent in this.. I guess not! Powdery, soft,sweet, and with a final spark that could come straight from the Old fashioned romantic World of Edith Wharton's classic novel "The Age of Innocence" with a little bit of poetic nostalgia...

LlygaidSerennog

@Cynicalwish, thankyou! I've just seen LouLou on here and saw the photo of the smaller bottle and you're right. By the sounds of it they are very different.

Eicher

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE ! Though, cannot find it anymore in any perfume shop.
Sweet floral, vanilla and tonka bean are quite intensive together with the honeysuckle and a bit of anise. Long lasting.
I agree though with Natalia78 saying that this is a match for arty souls.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

@Llygaid, the bottle you're talking about it's the smaller (probably 50 or 30 ml) version of the "regular" Lou Lou (that you find listed here too), this one is another version.
I've read your comment and I would have been sorry if you got the wrong fragrance to remind you of your mother.

LlygaidSerennog

I remember seeing the bottle on my mother's dressing table as a child, only the bottom wasn't transparent, it matched the top. It looked very attractive (primary colours, especially blue always caught my eye) but I didn't smell it. I'm trying to remember what she smelled like but I can only recall her perfume of choice when I was in my early teens, White Diamonds. I might try to find this one soon, for sentimental reasons :)

inci.Özkoç
inci.Özkoç

thıs ıs my favorıte perfume.but ı cant fınd ıt anywhere at all.

Erinlu
Erinlu

Fue mi primer perfume de los caros.En el año 96 o 97 creo.Me encantaba y lo echo de menos.¿Por que lo habrán descatalogado?

passionata20
passionata20

Recieved my 100ml bottle few days ago because i got a chance to buy it really cheap and just wanted to try it, so it was just a blind buy. Now i have been testing it for several days.
The first moment i have sprayed it i couldn´t believe it has actually so little to do with original "Lou Lou". But it instantly reminded me of Scherrer´s "Nuits de scherrer" (not "nuits indiennes"). I couldn´t believe how much these two are alike (especially the freesia note) since i have been struggeling with my bottle of "Nuits" for some time now and cannot start to like it. But "lou lou blue" is much more softer, you can really smell the deep and soft vanilla accord all the way, but more intense in the middle, while in the opening the smell is relatively sharp with all the freesia and bergamot sharp accents. It does feel more green to me than blue in the beginning, thank s God for vanilla that comes later, it does softens a lot this sharpness and makes it more interesting. I start to like it appox. after an hour or so and i think for me this will more of a spring time or chilly summer time fragrance while "Lou lou" (original) is really a fall-winter fragrance. Lasting power is really good (it is EDT), lasts all day long and sillage is realitvely good also.
I am not mad about the original "Lou lou" but the magic vanilla of this fragrance is one of the kind to me, i hardly can remember smelling anything like it, and here is the same: if it wouldn´t be for vanilla i would strongly dislike it, but i am bewithched with vanilla here and it is really soft and nice and much more wearable than the original "lou lou". I don´t think at all that this is a girly fragrance, it can be perfectly worn by women of any age, it suits almost everyone.

Pamplelune
Pamplelune

I wore this when I was 15 and emptied the bottle pretty quickly. It was a nice alternative to the rise of the ozonic/aquatics at the time. Wish they'd bring it back.

I had it back then because I was so keen on LouLou. A relative gave me LouLou Blue as a present. It was an import, because in my country you couldn't buy it. I found that extremely interesting. So I guess this was the start of me liking hard-to-get-perfumes or perfumes that not everyone knows :) LouLou Blue was much fresher and more aquatic than LouLou, if I remember right. The scents didn't have much in common. I found Lou Lou Blue a bit uninteresting, since I'm not the aquatic fragrance wearer.

bunnyunderbelly
bunnyunderbelly

Absolutely adored this. I was bought this as a gift in my teens and was devastated when I found the old bottle, loved it, and went to buy some more only to find it's dead. shame!

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

I still have a soft spot for this perfume. For me, it's blue vanilla... I know weird, but this is all my memory could tell me. I remember I didn't buy it at the time because I found it too sweet and maybe uncomplicated. But I also remember every time I visited a perfume counter I would surely spray it on me, having second thoughts not to buy it.

Edit: Actually, a perfume reminiscent of Loulou Blu is the Vanille Gourmand by Laura Mercier. Veeeery close!

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

I loved it! As special as lou lou but so much easier to wear without getting overwhealmed. A pity they don't sell it anymore.

LaPetite
LaPetite

One of my favorite scent EVER ! So weird, but in a good way, i mean myterious, unique . Just like between Eden and Eau d'Eden, i don't see the connection with Loulou :-S .
No other scent get close to it , I was VERY angry when it was disconntinued , people only buy "easy to wear perfume " now , come on people, be original ! Perfume is much more than just J'adore or Angel !

iconoclast
iconoclast

This relatively short-lived perfume is more wearable than the normal Loulou and to my nose is even more special and just as distinctive. I agree that it is significantly smoother & sweeter than Loulou (to which it bears little resemblance other than its strength) in a vanilla-woody rather than gourmandish way, and in my opinion is versatile enough for year-round daytime or evening wear. Given the choice of buying Loulou Blue or Loulou for my wife, the former would win hands down - especially now that it's so difficult to find. In my opinion, anybody who has a bottle of both should quite rightly feel smug about themselves.

If I could find a bottle of this I would buy it straight away!
It would be a memory scent addition to my small collection. I loved this when it came out, more than LouLou original.
LouLou Blue lived a short season and god knows why. Cacharel also has this policy of discontinuing fragrances that just hits on my nerves.
It smelled very different from original.
This one was much sweeter a just a little cloying, the right way.
Very sweet with tons of vanilla and a melancholic effect, more mysterious and deep with average staying power.
Not a complicated one but not an easy one either. LouLou Blue was perfect balance between deep feelings and girlishness. My mom hated this one like she hated original LouLou too and this was a plus for me at that age!

guest_Beverly.Jones
guest_Beverly.Jones

I have been serching everywhere for lou lou blue.My husband first introduce me to this very intimate and sexy fragrance when it had just came out in 95 it was amazing,when I spray on just a touch on me from the moment I leave my house, people kept asking me about the fragrance, and said that this is the smell all woman should have,they wanted the same perfume either for themselves,their wives or their girlfriend. That was the only bottle I ever had,I still have the empty bottle,and every often I would open it and the smell!it is still there,it brings back a lot of intimate memories for me and my husband. I bought the next Lou lou but it is not the same,Im looking and im hoping that I will be lucky to get the real deal.Lou lou blue.

Valt
Valt

Lou Lou blue... beautiful, innocent and yet sexy mix of delicate flowers with a sweet vanilla base.

Is there any way to get the original lou lou blue?? any place you can buy it? I've seen a lot of fakes but nothing compares to the gorgeous fragrance cacharel created in the 90's. Well, being a discontinued perfume and all, it's really dificult to find (never understood why someone would take off of the market such a lovely perfume)

If anybody knows PLEASE let me know >.<

Loulou blue brings me so many happy memories from my chilhood, my mother used it and she gave me a cute miniature as a gift cause I liked it so much... I really wish I could have it again.

kraxa
kraxa

I am a junkie for all the "old school" Cacharels- anything with patchouli and tonka bean- bring it on!!! I don't get the new inventions like Noa and Amor Amor, but Lou Lou Blue and original Lou Lou are a class of their own. There is a funny note that reminds me of a erasing rubber smell ( that was an 80-ties thing so called "gumka chinska";-)))

Update: I managed to find an online retailer who still has some of it in stock- but at 70 GBP for 35 ml, I am going to have a long think about it, as much as love it...

viveka
viveka

Finally I've met younger sister of my beloved LouLou! :) It took me several years to find my bottle but...uph - I've got it! I say it at once - it's not the same range as LouLou, not so beautiful and truly magnetic but still, it has that kind of LouLou's charm that I love so much.
For me LouLou Blue is all about fantasy. It's like blue secret garden with beauty but artificial birds which sing the sweetest melodies from belly -music box.
I've got one strong vision connected with LB - it's little lolita-doll with blond frizzy hair, small lispticked lips, blushed cheeks and half child-half woman body in short dress of dark lace. She's enormously sweet but also most dangerous. LouLou Blue is something like that, its intoxicating sweetnes (much more than classic LouLou has) affects on every man, its dark power emanates on everybody, its strangeness is fascinating.
I know that for many people LB is much more than they can stand but for me, for my imagination is endless play with fantasies and lolita's games ;)

lucifera
lucifera

i want it! don't care about my age :-D
the smell is gorgeous and soo 80's ^_^
remind me of my mum when i was little
she wore lou lou i believe it was this one :)my first love for oriental began with louloublue

dina
dina

Compared to the original, it's a kind pale shadow, with something overly sweet in the drydown. I definitely prefer Loulou, the original.

elm0505
elm0505

This has been discontinued, so I keep my flacon in its box like a treasure. And it is, indeed. This perfume is very special. It's sweet, deep and mysterious. The initial blast upon spraying is not very pleasant, as in the original Lou Lou, but within minutes I can smell anise and flowers. Tha drydown is mostly anise, tonka bean and vanilla. Lasting power is outstanding, and two tiny squirts are enough, as it's quite heady. IMO it's a perfect winter scent.

Although this could perfectly suit a young woman, I don't feel able to wear it now, it's too powerful for me. Maybe in the future...

Cherub573
Cherub573

This fragrance reminds me of hard candies, doused in vanilla. Sweet and pungent. Not bad though!

stripeymog
stripeymog

This was my signature fragrance when I was a student. The smell of it now remind me of great nights out!

Natalia78
Natalia78

I love this perfume!One of the most feminine and dreamy fragrances.Mystique and versatile.

For arty souls.

Lou Lou Blue by Cacharel 3.79 out of 5 based on 180 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Lou Lou Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Lou Lou Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lou Lou Blue by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lou Lou Blue by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.