Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Nemo Cacharel for men

Nemo Cacharel for men
dislike

leather
Nemo Cacharel for men Pictures Nemo Cacharel for men Pictures Nemo Cacharel for men Pictures

Nemo is a brother of Noa, an oriental woody fragrance. The composition opens with fresh spicy notes of walnut, cardamom, pepper and lavender. The spicy-floral heart is composed of geranium, carnation, thyme and jasmine. The base notes are ultimate masculine: patchouli, cedar, leather with a tender touch of vanilla.
The perfume was created by Jean-Pierre Bethouard in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Pierre Bethouart.

Nutmeg Lavender Betel Pepper Cardamom

Labdanum Carnation Jasmine Caraway Geranium

Leather Patchouli Cedar Vanilla

Christopher Dicas Eau de Parfum
Royal Oud

Nemo Fragrance Reviews

Nemo... meaningful name (and meaningful model), ugly bottle, beautiful scent.
Guess? They discontinued, of course.
Nemo was one of the few male colognes I could stand when it came out. It was a complete scent. Nothing brainbrashing approach, nothing screamy, no "sporty" edge (for what that means), no silly acquatic edge turning putrid on skin like your home organic trash, no pretention. Almost naif, both jus and presentation, but what a treat it was for my feminine nostrils to smell it on a male skin, better if a beloved one, of course. My enthusiasm was not totally shared by the wearer, who moved to something more "in the stream" after Nemo, something he could show the name in clubs to teenage girls in search of rich guys. Who cares? Nemo was a spicy honest pleasure and was not expensive.
Lots of spices of the pepper type, caraway, carnation, geranium and leather, but never choking leather. And labdanum to make everything a little rounder still very warm and masculin.
I knew nothing about labdanum then, not even its existence, but Nemo took me regardless of names and lab-labels. Longlasting and average sillage at the fraction of the price of recent ones, poor in the composition but glued to skin with Vynavil, like their female counterparts.
Gone.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I am just getting around to trying this, I can see the similarities to midnight in paris but I would have to say on first sniff I would rate this as a higher love for me.. this is a wonderful fragrant scent. I think this would work well in close quarters, I would put this on my romantic shelf..so much warmth..
really liking this, at first I get the sweetness but some spicyness that soon follows the opening of this. that is what I love about this site. I tried this based on the reviews on this page.. tried two new fragrances this week and both were positive hits for me. this one to me is not age specific I do see it as a more mature type of fragrance maybe someone who has been around the block a couple of times but this would smell wonderful on anyone who would chose to wear it.. I have seen some smaller bottles that I could try and will probably do that, as it looks as though the larger sizes are climbing in price, not sure where the retail point was on first release, this reminds me of the pure malt craze . I got this sample from the perfumed court as I was curious. glad I did, but like everything else, my timing was off.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

A bold fragrance for men. Nemo is sweet but with a very edgy, urban grittiness. Nemo's labdanum note is wet, earthy, and vegetal. Almost metallic. As it dries down, you are able to smell caraway, pepper, and understated vanilla. The spicy notes in this fragrance typically would not be paired with leather, which makes Nemo very novel and fresh. The composition is in a similar vein to Midnight in Paris and Bvlgari Black

Nemo's bottle is handsome, particularly in the largest 3.4 oz size, where the minimalist sapling-like bottle grows into a mighty tree. For as bold and edgy as this scent is, it would make sense for it to have a larger sillage than it does. This discontinued fragrance seems to be disappearing as we speak, although there are still a handful of reasonably-priced bottles on eBay. Pretty soon you'll have a hard time Finding Nemo! Har har.

snakeface
snakeface

If anyone have this one and want to trade it for something, please message me - i have some fragrances to trade (look in my perfumes I HAD) or ask for something different.

Missglad
Missglad

Best 10/10

GRAF
GRAF

One of my best scents. Oriental, sweet, spicy just perfect. I miss it.

YersiniaP
YersiniaP

I am a woman and usually not fond of typically male perfumes on myself.
But I remember testing Nemo by chance soon after it came out, I think because the bottle intrigued me.
And I instantly fell in love with it, bought the bottle and wore it more or less every day.

It's an exciting, spicy scent that on me changed its character quite remarkably throughout the day, going from spicy-fresh to a mellow, woodsy vanilla, from brash and bold to subtle, almost subdued.
Not just in the usual way a perfume progresses from top- down to the base note, but almost like changing moods, full of energy when the day begins, then settling into an encouraging familiarity, and ending in a relaxing but still strong presence.
And equally alluring in all its stages.

At the time, this fragrance was me, a signature if ever there was one.
But eventually, I drifted off towards a new fragrance and forgot about Nemo.
I think I must still have half of the second bottle somewhere.

It's a shame that it was discontinued. It certainly deserves to still be around.

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

A perfume brave, ambitious and valuable. A spicy explosion with drydown long and pleasant. I find this one very interesting and precious, I recommend it.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A great scent in a unique bottle.This is one of that kind of fragrances where people ask you "Which perfume are you wearing"?.one of my father's favorite.a classic scent will not chase,it will become you.the fragrance does have an edgy,urban very masculine feel.lovely NEMO is best worn for dresser affairs when business attire or formal wear are required. Spicy,Elegant, Woody,Chic,Charismatic,Masculine,Warm, Special,Bitter and Sober.

It has a spicy start with pepper,nutmeg and cardamom, which leads to a floral heart of geranium,jasmine, carnation and labdanum.it fineshes with a some additional sweetnesss of vanilla but it is not in any way a sweet scent to my nose.NEMO is suitable for AUTUMN/WINTER.it is a really elegant smell you will never forget.a must have,if you're into exotic oriental fragrances and want to make a difference.in short this is the gentleman fragrance par excellence.

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

Hannssem
Hannssem

I think and feel that this is the best fragrance I ever had. It is got an alluringly lingering aura and the 'pinewoody' aroma makes it just loving for me. Unfortunately I have only one bottle and have failed to get another! What I have is just about run out and it comes out only on very very special occasions. Well.......................

Cheadle
Cheadle

This is one of the Frags that I have which is an actual original formulation and I can tell the difference between Nemo and some of the catastrophic re-makes I own
Its sticky and dry at the same time and quite heavy when its gets hot so I suggest evenings or cold weather.

silentrich
silentrich

Great fragrance. Spicy with the cardamom overload, but it has a modern fell which I love. Creamy with a touch of incense. I don't agree that this is a sweet fragrance at all. Discontinued gem. 9 out of 10.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

A woodsy fragrance with a touch of vanilla. Its been around since 2000.

Nemo is a creative masterpiece it smells light at first spritz then it quickly becomes heavy, creamy and the stops short of becoming too sweet and as it settles it somehow oscillates between dry woody leather and heavy sweet spicy (again not too sweet) which ever whiff you get is sure to please you the wearer. The best of both worlds. If you can find it, buy it and really enjoy it

This is a creamy type of fragrance, without much note separation, though there's an herbal/woody element that seems to be trying to force its way out. It's at least a little sweet and could get cloying, but I think that what prevents this one from becoming irritating is good quality ingredients, unlike several similar fragrances that came later. You either like this scent or you don't. I don't think it's the kind of fragrance that you can learn more and more about over time, so sample first. After perhaps four hours it became a skin scent, but I only sprayed once. If you like this I suggest you hunt down a bottle because it's the kind of designer fragrance you may not experience again in your lifetime, since ingredient quality is such an issue these days and niche companies don't seem interested in creating scents like this (or don't know how to do it).

The_Drake
The_Drake

Nemo is a very pleasant semi-sweet leather fragrance that sadly is out of production. I sampled it many years ago and it didn't make an impression then, but it does now! A must for people who also like spicy scents.

Smell: 7.5/10
Longevity 6/10
Sillage: 6.5/10

Awesome bottle as well

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I bought a 100ml bottle of this but I have to say I'm not that impressed with the scent considering the very high price I paid for it . The scent isnt bad but it is very familiar to me I'ts like Juicy Couture 'Dirty English ' but with an added sweetness. I do like the bottle shape but the scent on its own isnt something I would normally wear . I might spray this on with Dirty english to add a sweetness that the latter lacks .

samihardanian
samihardanian

بلاخره پس از مدتهای مدید گشتن به دنبال این عطر شگفت انگیز توانستم آنرا گیر بیاورم.بقدری از یافتن آن خوشحالم که انگاری یک گنج پیدا کرده ام هرچند برای یکی مثل من که بزرگترین دلبستگی زندگیم عطر و ادکلن است موضوع عجیبی نیست.کاملا مردانه
شیک
با بوی تلخ و تند و قدیمی که من عاشق آن هستم

oxm
oxm

Nemo, I found the papers, and I must say I was intrigued that advertising does very much.After some time I decided to buy the 30 ml while not knowing the fragrance, was one of the few that I bought at random, but are was lucky. opening fresh and spicy astounding, while the solid core and dense leaves the place in line at the leather patchouli and vanilla.
Vibrant and hypnotic, the effect is the Pied Piper of Hamelin
the same combination with music, 100 steps to the right 100 and left again do the leak turnaround attentive to the river ...
UNFORGETTABLE
longevity +8
fragrance+10
package +10

Endymion
Endymion

This is my absolute favourite, however I rarely use it, since it's so special and very rare now.
When it was released I didn't care much about it, first impression was not magnefic and the name was off putting for me. I guess the name NEO instead of NEMO would have been better.
But later it grew on me. The bottle is absolutely amazing, carefully designed and structured, even the spray button is special as it is a metal ball that spins.
The reason why this amazing product was discontinued I think is due to its expensive production cost and it didn't sell that well to raise satisfying profit. It's clear that the bottle was very expensive to produce (next to a simple Chanel bottle) and the juice is of high quality nevertheless. It wasn't that popular to hold up the cost of production.
Anyway, Nemo was still a very special release, just take a look at the promo pictures, watch the very expensive and also very impressive video ad (I love it!), the bottle, and the fragrance itself.
It's not a playful scent I admit. It's a slightly (not cloying at all!) sweet, and very deep woody and spicy fragrant compositon. I don't know yuzu but if that's what makes the opening so "bright" I would love it. But in general, it makes a masculine and even mystical impression (not because of the inscence).
They will never bring it back, I'm sure. Nemo was too sophisticated for mass consumption.
Some say that Allure is a bit similar to Nemo but I tell you that I don't find them similar at all, Allure can't be used to replace Nemo at all, they are very different!

VanAllan
VanAllan

I initially ordered a small sample of this one (together with a gift for my wife) because I really couldn't find it locally to buy....NOW (05.11) I have a large bottle and I couldn't be more happy.
It has a very spicy top with strong cardamom & lavender and also a bit smoky-sweet (nutmeg). After 1 hr it settles down to a flowery-resiny middle, one of the best, still peppery-spicy, evolving in 2-3 hrs in a wonderful warm & incensy base aroma that stays like this at least 6 hrs on my skin. I partially agree with 'jasonx': it is only little resembling to V&R's Antidote, but with a heavier/spicier overall feeling, and mostly much better & natural done. My rank 10/10 - in my top 5 all times. ☣☣☣☣☣

jasonx
jasonx

@Sektor_nl: To my nose, Antidote literally rips off this one's middle and base notes. However, it doesn't have the amazing opening of Nemo.

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

It's a pitty this fragrance was discontinued. I always wanted to get it, never did and now I regret that... :(

Anyone knows a new perfume that resembles Nemo? Tips are very welcome!

estou enteresado em adquirir o perfume nemo da cacharel não tem mais no brasil
meu nome e marcelo e email marceloesteves29@gmail.com

guest_papaola
guest_papaola

:unstopable, adoreable and memoriale..

from apart longmeter they could smell nice misteriouss sting, frm near they melting into me, i feel my body have an aura and smoking the area.

feel wonder why market discontinued?, pls reavailable again cz tht was me, there.

vdxl
vdxl

Too bad it is discontinued. I really loved it and it is excellent: it has those classic vanilla notes you also find in Allure, but still it is stronger, more peppery and mysterious. They should bring it back.

fqjcior
fqjcior

Sweet, spicy-woody, quite unique. I have to say I like it quite much. It's very comforting, for every ocassion. It's close to the skin, medium-longlasting. I can't understand why it was withdrawn from the market.

minimalist
minimalist

Arid like a desert dune. No round angles here. Not my cuppa but brave and unique.

Kultakutri
Kultakutri

Hard candy with mint and a walk in spruce forest on a hot summer day. I love it. Now, I only need to get a lifetime supply. Someone should do something about the nice fragrances being discontinued.

I used to think this is too spicy to take.maybe it was because of the publication pic,showing a young man,with black long hair and red skin.actually it's better than the publication.it starts with soapy strong notes,which will fade away easily and become mild.it's a bit spicy and woody,but very mild that can be smelled hardly!but it doesn't fade away.it reminds me jungle,fresh woods and making fire for lunch.I can suggest the name "survive".but now that it wants to be the brother of Noa,the smelling is very similar,but the bottle is so different.

6opar
6opar

Unique. So sweet it is bitter. One of my favourites. Is there any relevant reason it was discounted. Just take a look at the bottle. It says it all. Outstanding.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

very sensual fragance, passion awaker,love surrender one of the best colognes i ever have

Nemo by Cacharel 4.37 out of 5 based on 175 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Nemo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Nemo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nemo by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nemo by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.