Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

dislike
Total people voted: 2059

I have it: 1158 I had it: 1504 I want it: 632 My signature: 40

Noa Cacharel for women Videos Noa Cacharel for women Videos
Noa Cacharel for women Pictures Noa Cacharel for women Pictures Noa Cacharel for women Pictures Noa Cacharel for women Pictures

Noa is a small planet in your hand with a perl inside. Noa is a transparent composition of flowers, delicate spices, velvety fruit nuances and energizing power of coffee beans. This fragrances is like a tender wisper, feminine and subtle, weghtless, but with a noticeable presence.
Tender powdery top notes of freesia, peach skin, peony and musk lead to floral heart of white flowers, ylang-ylang and rose. The base is woodsy transparent with coffee and incense touches.
The perfume was created by Olivier Cresp in 1998.

Plum Green Notes Freesia Peach Peony White Musk

L’Agent Eau Provocateur

Noa Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I got it a few days ago from my grandma and what can I say? This perfume makes me smile:) And it always has. Not just because of the cute bottle or my great memories related to this scent, but also I feel that it's simply joyful:) I don't really smell the coffe in it (shame, as I would love to) nor the musk (HURRA, as I hate musk) - HAHA, I realize it's the main ingredient, but here comes my respect to the creator of Noa! This musk is incorporated among other notes so beautifully, that it is absolutely cozy, wearable and non-disturbing! I can smell white flowers and coriander with sandalwood, it is milky and comforting, only too short-lasting and it ages awfully. But who cares? I'll use it to the last drop very soon! Anyway, congratulations Mr Cresp, there's nothing like Noa!

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

Mother's embrace in a bottle! Starts off with clean soapy notes then it's all cozy and cuddly. I've ignored this as I tend to prefer dramatic scents. But this is so comforting and lovely. Give it a try! It's that perfect everyday scent that doesn't simply smell clean or pleasant. I love that it's so comforting and has interesting notes that makes it noticed and distinct.

zanell06
zanell06

Although it is very difficult to find Noa in South Africa, this will remain one of my favourite perfumes of all time. I wish I could find another bottle though, just to have that lovely fragrance lingering about all day again.

tk101585
tk101585

This was my first perfume ever because I thought the ball inside was neat. I was like 15 years old. I loved this perfume because of how clean and fresh it feels and how it lasts on your skin. It's very young, very girly and very fresh.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

The initial impression was good. One of the creamy/fresh perfumes such as Rihanna Rebl Fleur and many more - this type of scents do remind me of suncream but are often sickening sugarbombs. However Noa seems to be well blended with a nice balance between between creamy, fresh and sweet so not overly sweet. The whiffs I get from it wafting up naturally smell very good. However a proper sniff leaves me with an unfortunate screechy note which has an astringent and irritating effect on my nose - it is the first time I experience this so I am not sure which note has this effect on me. Possibly a concentrated freesia or peony which I am not a fan of. What a shame as it, apart from that note, is definitely one of the most appealing creamy-fresh scents I have tried so far - but for me it became a scrubber.

quency1
quency1

Today I have bought NOA again :)
You don't know how happy I am.
I love it , loooooooooooooooooooooove it.

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I tried my newly purchased bottle today after blind buying...I don't blind buy a lot but I liked the reviews and the bottle is pretty. I am thoroughly happy at how this wears on my skin. Its first of all floral in a lily/peony way, there is a clean note like bubble bath, one review mentioned Cashmere Bouquet and I agree. Its also slightly hazy in a way between musky and milky. I didn't pick up on the coffee aspect until much later.
Its is subtle and delicate and ladylike which is what I was hoping for. I think its a scent which would appeal to people who like different types of perfumes.

janset
janset

I love it since the day I smelled in 1999. I could not find anything like this. It is tranquility and peace in a bottle.

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

This is a really unique fragrance. It is sweet, without being too sweet. The fruits and florals are toned down by the woods and the tonka bean, and it is given more depth and by the coffee. A lovely and complex scent. IT did fade fairly fast on me.

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

I received my Cacharel Noa today. I am already falling in love with this lovey, beautiful fragrance. It's a light floral - it's creamy, soft and feminine. It has a subtle lusciousness to it. Such a classy scent. Absolutely inoffensive. Its perfect for daily wear, business wear, night out wear or anytime you choose to wear it. This is a fragrance that you can not go wrong choosing for any occasion.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I have seen this and dismissed it a number of times as it seemed too neutral, too indistinct to fit into my caravan of bold riches. I don't know what possessed me to blind buy a bottle, perhaps the glowing articles on several blogs had something to do with it. This is a strange one. Not in a bad way. I got clean musk, chinese parsley, grass and brewed black coffee, no sugar. The ingredients really look like a weird mix and it initially smells as the notes listed above. As it stayed on my skin and clothes, I was aware throughout the day of something pillowy soft. Clean like sun dried sheets. With some lingering grassy smell left behind from the washing soap. I was told that I smelt like a baby, during a hug with a loved one. It lasts forever but remains subtle. Not a safe blind buy but definitely worthy of a few tries before passing judgement.

sphynx97
sphynx97

Today was my first time trying out Noa.
Immediately I thought "soap".

But then the warmth from the coffee beans made Noa feel cosy, friendly and huggable. If I would smell this on someone else I would think of those characters. The Peony givs it the older feel. But still clean and interesting.
Got a powdery smell to it also.

Noa smells like something u want to eat, but still isn't food.

If I have children in the future I would haved liket this to be the scent they would connect me to. Its a scent that makes me think of a loving, caring, nice person, so thats why.
Not every person will get that feeling but the perfume is:

Classic, pure, warmth and welcoming.

I, a spicy floral, oriental lover is actually considering buying Noa.
Its just not soap smelling, its interesting warmth.
"Cosy home" would describe Noa for me. And actually is something I want to smell.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Not sure about this one yet, a light spray and it's creamy and fresh sometimes I get the coffee but not all the time, spray to much and it's too musky or flowery or something.

PropTart77
PropTart77

This was one of the first perfumes I ever bought - and I got it entirely because of the bottle. Unfortunatly, I found the sandalwood to be enirely overpowering, which then cause a succession of sneezing a watery eyes. And that is how I discovered I was allergic to sandalwood.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

My two cents:
Tried this and immediately thought "Body lotion!"
No idea which brand of body lotion, but a clean musk- type of scent. Generic. Linear. Easy to wear. And the kicker: I LOVE IT.
Coming off my lates oriental-spicy-vanilla bender, this is precisely what I neeed for summer. Soft, vanillic musk, some green freshness, something that *may* be the coffee note rounding it off, giving deapth and warmth.
Perfect for sweaty summer days and/or nights when you crave to feel clean and fresh.

It won't give anyone whiplash, but I find it sexy, albeit in an innocent, fresh-faced sort of way. And sometimes subtle is the way to go ;)

PERFUMELOVINGWOMAN
PERFUMELOVINGWOMAN

I DID REALLY LOVE THIS LIGHT, FRESH FRAGRANCE, WHEN I TRIED IT AS A TESTER, BUT AFTER ABOUT HALF AN HOUR, I SIMPLY COULDN'T SMELL IT. I COME FROM THE DIOR POISON, AND YSL OPIUM GENERATION THOUGH, AND SOME OF THESE 'ALMOST THERE' PERFUMES ARE A BIT LIGHT FOR ME. I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO PASS OUT AS I WALK BY, BUT I DO LIKE TO ACTUALLY ENJOY THE PERFUME I'M WEARING (AND PAYING MONEY FOR). HAVING SAID THAT, I DO REALLY LIKE CACHAREL PERFUMES. THEY ARN'T BY ANY MEANS CHEAP, BUT DO HAVE GREAT QUALITY.

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Freesia, vanilla, cedar, musk, a very understated hint of plum - everything here is present but subtle, clean yet warm comforting.
The woods ground this light frangrance and make it a little more formal.
Nicely made, lovely frangrance for somebody who wants a reasonably complex frangrance that wears expensive but that doesn't feel like wearing something too quirky or nose-catching. Great everyday scent.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Noa is a quandary for me. I find it to be a lovely fragrance. It has a touch of the same soapy white florals as Miracle, but not too much. I get a touch of white musk...a faint hint of coffee...a light touch of incense...but nothing in it for me is strong enough to overpower the scent of dryer sheets on my clothing, or my hair products. It is so much a skin scent, it soaks in and disappears.

Pear77
Pear77

I dont think is discountinued! Who said that? For the summer season of 2014, Cacharel launches a new collection of flankers called Summer Splash containing three "L'Eau" versions of the popular fragrances Noa from 1998 .

Waldina80
Waldina80

A classy white musk reminiscent of Avon Soft Musk or perhaps Body Shop's White Musk, but more complex. While white musk and soft musk turn on me, Noa remains lovely.

ETA: The More I splash around with this, the more I love it. Warm and sensual and mmmmmm. Just mmmm. Also reminds me of my Mum, in the Eighties, wearing Avon Soft Musk. Always smelled great on her, though she doesn't care for it anymore. I think she will love Noa.

Have read this frag is DSC in Australia & some parts of Europe. Perhaps this was in reference to Perle, a Ltd Ed flanker? I am waiting with great excitement for my Noa Perle.

lisprimo
lisprimo

Ótimo.... o primeiro importado que usei.

Chantal
Chantal

I've always liked the sound of this, but the mixed reviews made me wait a long time to buy it, I was so hesitant. This must be one of those that works differently on different people. For me, this comes out good. It smells like a bath! It's like steam, hot water, mild soap, clean skin. It's just warm and clean at the same time, slightly floral, but mostly it smells like freshly washed skin. I know, it sounds gross to put it in words like that, but it's skin-like in a good way, like the way your shoulder smells after a fantastically relaxing bath.

fleurdefi

Update for warmer weather: I have been wearing this all winter and spring and loved its warmth and coziness. I was worried about wearing it today, now that the temps have reached the 80s, but thankfully it is still beautiful! It actually feels a little fresher and more floral. It feels less warm, for sure, but it is still very comforting. I'm very relieved to know that the perfume that stole my heart at Christmastime can be worn year round!

arrode
arrode

I don't get any of the coveted coffee note that so many others do, which is a huge disappointment for me. This is a really laundry fresh scent that is gentle and stays close to the skin. Good for days when you want to smell fresh or need to smell like you're not wearing perfume, but overall it's nothing revolutionary. I really wish I detected that coffee note. The bottle is extremely dainty with the iridescent top and the pearl floating inside.

Ninechat
Ninechat

I only spray Noa on my pillow sheet...mmmmm
It smells clean and comforting

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Another fragrance i experienced through my mum.

I was not keen on this when i was younger, although i like it now. Not enough to buy a bottle though. It's very powdery and musky to me, no coffee that i can smell which saddens me.

NurseElle
NurseElle

Anyone else had issues with this going off too quickly?

przeczeks
przeczeks

It's difficult for me to get used to it, vanilla and musk are too dominant over the flowers. To my opinion, they do not go well in perfumes -they are confusing the mind, not setting it at ease. Somehow, however, it is wearable thanks to probably coffee that balances the contrasts in it. Can be worn on not too hot summer days, but rather, is an evening scent I would say.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Noa has been on my “covet” list for ages, and I was thrilled to receive an adorable mini as a gift in a recent swap. The mini is missing the inside pearl, but otherwise is a perfect replica; so cute! I love musks, and was intrigued by the coffee note, so this was an exciting gift.

I’ve used Noa a few times, and find that I need to apply with a fairly heavy hand to get any projection or longevity at all. It is chilly and my skin is dry, so maybe summer projection and longevity would be better.

The initial notes are quite green and sharp, much more so than I expected. The first 20 minutes smell distinctly carrot-y, or celery-ish to my nose; I expected to see orris root listed, but it is not, so this must be the manifestation of “green notes” or possibly the peony? It is a tad chemically and fake at this point, with a light 90’s floral-drupe vibe; I get the other reviewers reference to Tresor, and this also makes me think of Ex’clamation a tiny bit. This fades a bit, becomes less rooty, and then starts to become milky and sweet—it’s an unusual transition to the “coffee note”. It’s not a strong, rich coffee note but a milky, light coffee. This is a café latte, not café robusta! It’s also not a cozy wintery coffee shop, but a refreshing spring patio café; the light breeze carries the faintly floral smell of the grass and new blossoms while you sip your latte and relax in the cool sun. It is a musk, but I don’t consider it “musky”, in that the musk is not a heavy player but more of just the milieu of the scent.

When generously applied, this projects to your nose while you sit but probably won’t project to your neighbor; longevity is about 5 hours and then you will want to reapply. Lucky me, I have the mini in my pocket!

I was hoping to find something coffee-smelling in this one. Unfortunately I didn't.
At first I didn't feel anything, but an alcohol smell. After some time, I started to feel the nice scent of flowers and spices.
It's an interesting composition. I can feel peony, freesia and lily of the valley in it. There is also the spiciness of incense.
It's tender and balsamic, pleasant scent.

mimosaAM
mimosaAM

I am really liking Noa. It definitely has coffee, but for a black coffee drinker, moi, I had to detect that this is coffee with cream and sugar, and I do believe cardamom. I am thinking this will be a real go to scent for cool weather. I actually got a 2nd Oliver Cresp fragrance this week, Light Blue from a very nice Fragrantica friend.
I agree with the comments comparing the fragrance to white cashmere, soft weather, and also that it is sexy in a very nice way. This one is a wonderful surprise, and I thank Elena for mentioning it recently, she inspired my happy purchase.

vonwinklestine

DOVE soap! Thta's what this reminds me of. This is a compliment to the perfume not an insult, as i adore the creamy, clean scent of Dove. It makes you smell so clean and shower fresh. mmmm Love noa!

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This is my signature scent, I have been wearing it for over ten years. This scent is intangible to me. It smells like a soft musk. I don't smell the tonka bean but I know that it is there because there is some alluring element to it that makes it my above all favorite over any other fragrance.

ellentjah
ellentjah

I love this perfume sooo much.
But on my skin it has absolutely no sillage and no lasting power.. :(
It's such a shame, because i love the smell (which I smell for only 5 minutes after I've put in on). It really comforts me and makes me feel calm and relax. When i feel a bit sad, i spray it on and it puts a smile on my face.
Most of the times I use it before I go to sleep (never thought i would use a perfume when going to bed). I've tried to use it during the day, but I have to keep spraying every 5 minutes to smell something.
Hopefully some day i will find a perfume just like Noa, but with good sillage and longevity.

1nov
1nov

nice perfume

joliecat
joliecat

I find Noa very soft, certainly a skin scent, comforting and calming. All the notes blend beautifully into a deep, soft musk. At first spray, I was shocked to find a rather bitter, off-putting note, but it quickly morphed into a beautiful, full bodied, gentle feminine scent.

Funny, one day I had misplaced my car keys and was irritated, searching all over to find them. Frustrated, I decided to spray on Noa, take a break, and stop searching for a few minutes. Instantly, I felt calmer, relaxed. I took a deep breath, continued looking for the keys in a much more organized manner, and finally found them.

For me, Noa will always be like a wonderful escape, a "secret place" I can go to when I need to relax. A beautiful garden patio where I can sit and sip a creamy smooth cup of decafeinated coffee while enveloped in a gentle summer breeze.

Noa has moderate silage and lasts about 8 hours on my skin. Great for wearing to the office, as it is not at all offensive and wears close to skin.

oktober
oktober

cozy, feminine, modern... maybe kinda girly more than feminine but eh... it works ok.

Everybody likes this perfume. I can smell all the notes listed here, most of them. Also coffee. It smells interesting. Shy and girly, some perfumistas would associate this scent with the image of a wallflower. It's just... TOO NICE.

Much in the lines of Chance eau Tendre, Daisy eau Fraiche, Clinique Happy... but I like it.

Nice girl perfume. Perfume you would be comfortable wearing when visiting your mother in law. Not exactly sexy, is it not?

Curiously, MANY men like Noa on women. Do they like dellicate porcelain figurines that can't do a thing but look pretty? That's what this perfumes inspires to me. Uhm well, thinking of this in inspiring for my diet :))) so I'm using it a lot. 'tis great. The best of this kind of perfumes.

P.S.- as somebody very well put it on bn., if Noa was a niche perfume and in a more classy bottle, it would have a cult of it's own. It stands out, really...

Amal_Alz
Amal_Alz

O If only, if ONLY it didn't have such a prominent Ylang-Ylang! I would've appreciated Noa more.

I was a fool to blind-buy this frag.

It's attractive in its own way but sadly, it's not my cup of tea; I know I'll grow bored of it very soon, plus it's TOO WEAK.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

Very very delicate, very soft, and comforting, it reminds me of being wrapped in thin transparent white cashmere near a patch of sunlight coming in through a window. Maybe in a ballet studio in the afternoon.

For me, it's very pretty, but also a bit forgettable... If it weren't for the very interesting combination of notes (fruits, coffee, and incense, lovely!), I would wash it off to make way for a perfume with a bit more presence. I don't mind being in its cozy lightness, but I wouldn't buy a full bottle either.

icecube
icecube

Strangely enough I get a loot of coffee from this one despite all reveiws saying it is hardly there.
But I think it clashes with the musk, peony and ylang-ylang so the fragrance is just smelling very strange.
I always wanted to have a perfume with coffenotes so quite dissapointed.
After drydown the perfume becomes more balanced.
But still not good enough for me to hold on to.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I lucked into a mini dab bottle of Noa and I've been enjoying this light, pretty fragrance. I get a fresh floral musk with just a touch of coffee & cream. The overall effect is creamy, dreamy, soft. Noa is inoffensive and pleasant, just an all around easy one to wear. I really like it.

vonwinklestine

I remmeber when this came out and adverts were on the tv. I was 10 years old, i remember because of the unique looking model in the advert.

many years later (only this year infact) my sister bought me a mini Cacharel gift set. Noa was one of the fragrances, and i loved it from the first time i applied it to skin. It's soft and very clean. Soapy, but has much more depth than your average soapy "clean" scent. I Feel faint incense and i also smell a bit of the coffee! which is great because i love Coffee. Something about this perfume brings back lovely happy memories. Maybe an adult in my childhood wore it, i'm not sure, but i love this fragrance, bought a full 30ml bottle and will certainly repurchase.

fleurdefi

One of my new favorites. It opens with a huge blast of coriander, which fortunately settles down after about 15 minutes. I can't really pinpoint any specific flowers, but they lend a soft sweetness to the woodsy musk scent. It almost becomes too powdery, but then the coriander and slight coffee notes keep it grounded. Noa stays close to skin but when I catch whiffs of it during the day, I feel like it is floating around me like fluffy white clouds. It is wonderfully soft and cozy, reminding me also of a warm and fuzzy cashmere sweater.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

As moreorlessa said, don't get this for the coffee, because it is barely there. After having this on my 'want' list for a few months, I finally came by a mini and found myself disappointed by the lack of coffee... on me this was mostly about musk, peony, ylang and jasmine. Great for office wear or casual days, as long as you don't mind reapplying.

milenamp
milenamp

I went to the store to try this one;it seems wonderful, coffee, white flowers and musk, vanilla, lily, sandalwood... but all I can say is that have no idea how this frag smells;it just disappeared from my skin in five minutes! Or I forgot to apply it ... ??? :D
Anyway, nice idea for perfume.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

Noa is a quiet, comforting fragrance that I like to wear to the office in winter or on days lazing around at home. A few reviews describe this as warm which I somewhat agree with, however that is not to be confused with the warmth of amber or vanilla perfumes - the warmth of Noa is a quiet warmth from a hot, milky cup of coffee that is personal, cozy and comforting. Not sweet and not loud. It is certainly a unique perfume and has a definite place in my collection.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This was probably my first "proper" perfume purchase, when I was about 12 or 13. I loved it then and still do today, although perhaps the reminiscence and nostalgia play a part in that.
This, to me, is a very clean smell. It is soft, one of the few scents I can use for work, and very feminine though not girly.
I think the bottle captures perfectly what this fragrance is about - light, clean, almost ethereal, fresh, feminine, pure. That said there is definitely a muskiness within this that plays well with my chemistry and my husband adores it on me, he finds it very sensual and sexy which surprised me as to me it doesn't smell like a "sexy" scent, not a seductive one anyway. Yet this stuff sure does the trick for him!
I find that this is not the most long lived of scents although it is reasonably cheap so I don't mind refresher sprays and the shape of the bottle means it slips into a day bag easily enough.
In summer this is gentle enough to wear on even the most humid days, in winter it warms on the skin to give a very beautiful skin scent. I do love this and hope it remains in production for a long time yet.

debush
debush

Musky, Very Warm & Clean Floral Scent!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Very soft and warm, a bit cottony. I don't know if I'd buy it because the sillage is so weak, but I find it very pleasant, comforting and easy to wear.

Don't get this for the coffee. It's just barely there.

poetolatry
poetolatry

It's an ok fragrance, on me the longevity isn't that great. Although I like coffee, this is a tad too musky for my liking.

The bottle is really cute though, it reminds me of an orb or a crystal ball.

Halogen1
Halogen1

I got this for 12GBP at Superdrug on Oxford Street in London, UK. Luckily, this guy working there found the tester; I was shopping by price and then scent. What a bargain! I had no idea that to buy this in the states, I'd be paying like $85 for the same size bottle! It smelled really nice to me, and at that was actually an amazing thing, because I've smelled like 20 more scents since then (3 years ago) and NONE of them smell as nice to me. It's floral and warm, without giving me a headache. And it lasts all day. It doesn't bother me that neither my mom or sister like it; I love it. It's my favorite scent. It smells interesting to me and yet pretty. My next favorite scent is Gucci Envy, which has been discontinued. (Why do I like that one so much? Because I can't even smell it on myself, which guarantees that I won't get sick of it, and yet other people have told me that I smell so good when I wear it.)

goldiloks
goldiloks

Soft, warm, light, elegant and very soothing. Cotton wool clouds, dandelion clocks blown on a warm spring evening. A steamy latte held with white cashmere gloved hands. A white, swan of a fragrance, gliding gracefully through calm waters. Soothe your mind and soul with this inexpensive offering from Cacherel.

anna.023
anna.023

Noa suprised me a lot yesterday. It was both plesant and unplesant, but mostley just suprising!

First let me say I have never tried Noa (on skin) but I have always thought Noa to be a fresh, light, airy kind of boring perfume. One that you simply buy to someone thinking "I can't go wrong with this one". A perfume without any caracter what so ever in other words.

Well, I'm prepared to say that I was wrong! When Noa first touched my skin I was suprised because it was so hard! I think it might be the musc blended with the coffe, but it was ceartanly not expected!

When the harsh (kind of wierd and unik)smell of muscy coffe setteled down the scent started to get really warm and cosy. I think it might be the vanilla, the white florals and the sandal wood that was kicking in. At this point I started to think that Noa would probably suit an older lady better (Im sensitive about jasmin, might have been that) but again, I gaved Noa some time. It was very interesting to see (smell) what was going on! It really did change dramatically.

After the "granny perfume thoughts" it settled once again into an other kind of soft, creamy, WARM and above all a really cosy scent. And I did actually really enjoy it. I think this wierd little suprising bottle are going on my wish list after all.

And I ceartanly don't see Noa as the "safe card" among gifts anymore because it does really have a caracter, and it's a pretty unik and nice one too!!

dipisor
dipisor

Oh, I like it so much. I't such a pleasant scent. I can really feel the coffee on my skin and I love it. I would "see" it on a winter's cold day; it's so warm and cosy for me. This will be my next buy.

Ditta70
Ditta70

If only I could up the coffee by 50%, and reduce the flowers by 50%, this would be just perfect. Still enjoy it, though.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I dont understand why but on me I dont get anything except a faint baby powder if I push my nose into my skin.. I'm mid 40s but not dry skin.

======= update Jan 2014
Retried this in colder weather and the scent is much stronger.. I'm getting a nice floral baby powder at a couple inches above the skin.. Nice but I prefer a better throw and more uumph. I will enjoy wearing occasionally during the colder months but wont repurchase once my mini is gone.

larali
larali

This seems to me more of a '70s perfume than a 90's one, possibly because it is heavy on musk. As others have said, it's soft, neutral and sensual. It's like a luxe cashmere sweater in taupe or pale pink. Don't wear it to seduce-- wear it to feel clean and "finished". And wear it with pearl earrings!

galenaerdo
galenaerdo

I totally agree that it is not sexy perfume.
When you wear it; you will feel yourself as a brittle, beautiful, slim princess walking around the garden of a palace.
In my opinion this perfume can not be wore in every occassion. For example you cant wear it in a serious business meeting.

In hot and humid summer , I really dont like it and dot recommend it.

Powdery floral and romantic. You can say "waooow" when you wear it but boys around you will not say this unfortunately, since this is too romantic for a boy:))

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

To me this is a twisted coriander with white floral instead of heat. It's fresh with a dash of powdery incense. Light and delicate but complex. Love love love.

jasmine95
jasmine95

Really great perfume - so romantic, clean, delicate. My sister's signature fragrance:)

Femigirl
Femigirl

I found it heavy and over powering to the point of unpleasantness.

basicallystacey
basicallystacey

Lovely, heavenly, light, airy - a bottle filled with gentle caresses and love. It's like a soft white chiffon fabric floating in the air. This is something I can imagine wearing to my wedding day. Inoffensive and quite lovable. I do remember people telling me how lovely I smell with this one. It's blissfully light and delicate. Oh I love this! My signature scent!

elspethaw
elspethaw

Perhaps my sense of smell is fading, I'm close to 60, but I swear I can't detect even the trace of a fragrance from Noa. No-one ever comments on it, either. A young woman's perfume, I think.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Frankly, Noa brings to mind the dry-down of Purell hand sanitizer. Clean, synthetic white musk, with an odd floral sweetness that unfortunately runs stale on skin, like deodorant after an intense workout. Pass.

Kim1980
Kim1980

A very wearable fragance. I suppose lots of people love this. I think if you would give a female a present, almost everyone (exept the ones who love very sweet and overwhelming fragances) would love this. Noa gives you a very tender combination of freshness and musk. Vulnarable, romantic. I had it a few years ago and probably would buy it for a second time, because it gives me a warm and happy feeling.

juanamartula
juanamartula

it was my first perfume, now at days its not for me, but in my 20 i was in love with it.

timida88
timida88

Synonim of elegance. I even can't feel any notes, it is so whole thing and beautiful. It blooms like garden after rain. Full, juicy but nostalgic. I was very young girl when i wore it and it gives me memories about that time of life and struggles in finding yourself. Noa is perfect to be your signature and fits as a gift to person who is more dreamer than realistic :)

xabaras
xabaras

A very lovely smell. A bit synthetic, you smell flowers and musk from the very beginning. I could not say what flowers in particular. After a few minutes it goes woody and musky leaving you with a fresh sense of cleanliness, as if you've just had a shower. It fades away as musky, reminding me of "Muschio Bianco" bubble bath by Tesori d'Oriente. Pleasant, but not original.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

More of a non-perfume: an intentional pseudo-minimalism. But that's what's endearing about Noa: the now quaint turn-of-the millennium purity and nothingness trip.

I went through a short, strange affair with Noa, adoring its nullity and faithfulness to the Cacharel plasticky-but-competent standard. The top does smell a bit of stale cigarettes encroaching on some urban forager's shrub salad. Then a highly unique herbal yet chemical haze for a middle is hardly pretty but certainly evocative of simple daily life, a weird high rise apartment serenity.

After an hour of alternating comforting and off-putting introduction, the base sneaks in coffee, a true 70s musk, light dusty incense (as if puffed from a vacuum cleaner), and a sort of cheap and cheerful grocery store bouquet.

Resolutely daytime, eschewing the glamour most perfumes kill themselves trying to capture. A little sister to White Linen, though the two have little in common beyond casualness, both are white-painted canvasses actually composed of many washed out colors.

Applying only very lightly saves Noa from smelling like a bowling alley ashtray, but the amount is hard to get right. Too chemical to live up to its proposed lightness of being but a subtly interesting concept.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

What attracted me to this perfume was the bottle's concept ...with the little orb inside the fluid. Yay Toy! Ha ha ha =)

As for the perfume - Very green flowery watery first sniff that turns into a damp woody smell... not bad if u live in a super hot country and use this as "personal air conditioning"... but definitely not something that i would recommend.

I guess this could be associated with L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake for its unique take on perfumes. It's different thats for sure... but its longevity and projection are very mild.

I'm sorry but this is not something that i liked or would like =(

SophieJ
SophieJ

I LOVE this scent. This is one of those any occasion, any age, any season scents. It's a no-brainer, grab it when you aren't sure that to wear and this will brighten your day.
On me, I get coffee, musk, and a slightly milky note. The coffee isn't as pronounced as I was like, but it keeps it tame and wearable for almost anyone. The topnotes are interestingly fresh, and not very characteristic of the rest of the fragrance.
Such a beautiful, gentle musk. My only gripe is that it tends to turn very quickly, even though I keep my bottles in the dark. One bottle smells fresh for about a year, and then turns yellow and smells off. :(

chrinen
chrinen

I love this fresh, light, warm and simply wonderful. I just received my second bottle.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I get mainly musk and peony scents, and the coffee barely noticable on me. It's very soft and gentle, clean yet creamy, somehow feels like Lanvin Oxygène without pepper. It dries down quickly into a body scent which is very pleasant in spring and summer. Unfortunately the longevity is around 3 or 4h, a little bit too short for me and the sillage is very close to skin. By the way, the bottle is funny with the little pearl swimming within. The colour and the tranparency are well chosen for the perfume.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

This is lovely. Bright, flowery, Springlike, feminine, quite delightful, but with some depth to it. Reasonably long lasting too. I have a miniature, almost empty now, and I would buy it again. It is one to truly enjoy.

darksome
darksome

A watered out Nivea Soft creme.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Today I have received my own Noa. Since I am a Cacharel perfume lover I find this very very nice romantic and uplifting perfume. I would prefer wear this during spring and summer time. It is very aromatic clean and soapy. Longevity and sillage good enough. Please try.

pinkypuff
pinkypuff

One of the most boring fragrances ı have ever smelled.
Too powdery and so on. Useless.

courant
courant

You say it best when you say nothing at all, so the song goes, and this is Noa.
Spray it lavishly, this is one that you can go nuts with. I get the world's best cold cream, French of course, as if I'm lathered in it. I love this feeling, my imaginary beauty therapist is at my side and in a little while she will leave me with cafe au lait and something else that I couldn't quite identify at first and then I got it. Fur.
It's a cat, a white persian, very fluffy. Or it's an angora sweater that has absorbed the soft, slight scents of the treatment room. Or it could be mink..but then fur coats are worn by beautiful animals and ugly women, (IMO) so I won't go there.
I hate the bottle. Kokichi Mikimoto would have had a burning ceremony if he had ever seen the bottle. I love pearls, I hate the vulgarity of the Noa pearl and the fake Mother of Pearl top. Grrr. At 4.40 a.m. this morning I rose to cross town before traffic problems escalated, pick up my eighty six year old Mother and take her to a routine eye surgery. At that time of the morning you don't get out the heavy hitters, even the florals are just too much. Noa was perfect. I love Noa, cold cream, cafe au lait, cats, dogs and old trouts. It's a Noa day

Gosha
Gosha

Noa is nice. From the first sniff all the way till the very pretty, soft dry down, it displays this soapy or detergent–like neatness, and evokes intense, maybe even obsessive cleanliness. This and the gentle coffee notes, form a very strong association with morning, so (even though I am not fan of categorizations), to me this is an ideal “morning fragrance”.  The white colour is very appropriate to this “cleanliness” combined with the bunch of white flowers, as myself – I am not really getting much else, apart from bounty of lilies, jasmine and the Lily of the Valley , some green vegetation and perhaps a little of the fresh cedar and some musk.

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

The coffee note in this never meshed well with the other notes. It kind of sat on to of my skin as some harsh synthetic note and just always seperate from what was suppose to be good about this fragrance. It never smelled nice until you tried to scrub it off. Even then it turned out be something quite average. If you have to wash it down to make it smell nice on yourself, there's a problem.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Very boring, lifeless, without character. And so horribly 90's.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I had high expectations for Noa, but unfortunately on my skin I pick up the scent of baby wipes, baby diapers and baby puke!

Maeva
Maeva

Noa is fresh and warm at the same time. Uplifting but also tenderly romantic, even evoking a sense of melancholy. Intensely musky but delicate and subtle. So innocent, but so sexy... Maybe this is why I also consider this a "night" fragrance, as well as the go-to day scent that it undoubtedly is for me.

This perfume is as contradictory as it is unique. It could be perceived as simple and one-dimensional, but it's suggestive of so many moods... This is really a pearl of a perfume! :)

lulu7898

Does this only come in EDT? I cannot find the EDP.

graciebelly
graciebelly

This is the softest scent. It is creamy powdery with a hint of coffee. It smells clean and gentle. It is ultra feminine and. If pastel colors had a smell this would be it. If cream colored cashmere sweaters also had a smell, this would be it.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

clean, crisp, soft. beautiful!! used many bottles..you'll never be disappointed

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

That's an interesting scent, a true chameleon I'd say. First I've tried it on blotter and instantly I loved it. After couple of months I've desided to try it on skin and it wasn't what I've expected. The first minutes I was detecting very syntetic peppery note, which I thought was pink pepper, but it turn out to be the coriander. After this the scent evolved into soapy white flowers, and I mean "soapy" in a good way. Now after 2 hours I enjoy a delicate musk on my wrist. Overall nice perfume, it's not love, but I like it and I would wear it, when I want to smell clean.

anneaa
anneaa

I remember i liked it for some reason already before i had it. I remember the first advertisements about it. And fell in love with that the very first time i smelled it. My nr 1 for sure. I´m 100% loyal to it, even though i do have other perfumes that i occasionally fall in love with, this one is my long time love.

maźka1984
maźka1984

Noa eau de toilette is the only that I'm loyal for years, mainly because I put on EDP. Smell "white" - a milky - coffee with flowers. Remind me the first dating with my husband ...
The smell is very delicate, soft, non-irritating. From experience I can say that the smell of the categories: everyone likes. Universal no matter the occasion or season. I like wearing it in summer, because is light and winter - as toasty blanket wraps. This is the only perfume that makes me so different connotations, because usually attribute to the individual scents of the seasons.
Noa is very durable-stretches with me all day - although it's only edt. Sprayed hair smell on the second day, even on a sleeping bag
Bottle lovely and identify the smell.
One of the few perfumes that are my "must have".
The last bottle I bought in 100 ml perfume for 19 pounds in total sales year. I love noa - my sygnature scent !!!

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

I love it...it's been my signature scent for over 10 years!!! Even though it's time for a new signature perfume...I will always have this one as long as it is available!!!
I am looking for a new signature perfume because my sniffer matured...I need a mature, sexy, seductive, strong, perfume; which this perfume is not!!
I can't describe this perfume..I don't get any of the notes...it's probably flowery...it just smells very soft with a sharp note that remind me of pee lol but I like it (not pee)...I don't find it clean as to me clean scents have that fresh just out the shower smell and to me this doesn't.
I feel like this is the way the pretty, young, sweet girl, that there is something sexy about her, that lives next door should smell like; I am no longer that girl..so that is why I'm looking for a different signature perfume...the perfume that the sexy and mysterious lady that always dresses in black, that wears red lipstick, and dark sunglasses, and comes home in the middle of the night uses!
Anyway, I can pull off Noa all year around but I wouldn't wear this at night; maybe to a dinner date with the girlfriends but that's about it...I find it very casual...or when I want to wear cute dresses...perfect for the office too!!! I have showered myself in this once or twice and it never gets too strong on me.

Pari88
Pari88

Angelic with a twist. Reminiscent of some fancy baby wipes. The coffee is a bitter one, dark roast perhaps. Mixed with musk it tones it down. Then comes out the lily and sandalwood as it dries. Initial spray is a little much to handle, but as soon as it settles down, it becomes this lovely smell, a mixture of "white and grey" scents. Musky, creamy, citrus-y, sweet, all with a clean slightly soapy baby wipes undertone, but not at all Matronly. I enjoy it, but can not love it because the beginning is off on my skin. Clean, white, slightly moody and dramatic, a foggy cold day somewhere in a mountainous region in Scandinavia or a giant glass apartment building in Japan. A Minimalist's fragrance.
Update: Something about this comforts me, yet energizes me at the same time. I would say this is a very balancing scent. It's very zen. I adore it. :-) Highly recommended.

Imadele
Imadele

I liked everything about this only it was too bright and perhaps cheerful for me .. I think it would be better on someone young.

Amolosperfumes
Amolosperfumes

Noa , fue mi primer perfume importado. jamas lo olvido, ya que quien me lo regalo fue tambien mi primer novio en la adolescecncia. me lo compre nuevamente despues de muchos años, en lo personal me genera una cuota de melancolia de aquellos inocentes viejos buenos tiempos. es un perfume suave, delicado, sutil y a mi parecer romantico.Lo recom
iendo

lovekova
lovekova

Just bought it again after ages. It used to be my signature but one day, it started to smell rotten on my skin. Maybe my skin chemistry had changed but today I am able to love it again. Was it reformulated?
I don't know, but the tenderness and clean but mysterious drydown always makes me happy. To me it is the perfect combination of innocent and sexy. It needs to settle for awhile, nothing to like on first try.
I hope it will be available forever :)

Edit: Sprayed on my pillow I get a warm, smoky, cozy haze after two days...mmmhh!

noxii
noxii

this perfume was my first love
since Roxanne imitated this one
I discontinued buing it

Kaitie
Kaitie

I had it in minisize. It may be good for others, but it's one of the worst for me. On my skin this fragrance starts with sweetness, but then it simply suffocates me.

Jama4
Jama4

This is a nice perfume to add to your collection if you enjoy floral, fruity scents. Something about it reminds me of Anais Anais...probably the fact that it is remains on the skin and becomes more pleasant as the day goes on. Be careful while wearing it in summer as it has the potential to smell like pee (musk component) if the weather is to hot.

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: yes
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays)
Projection: 4 feet +
Longetivity: 6 hrs +
Timing: Winter, Spring & Fall / day or night

Will I Repurchase: undecided

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

scenteena
scenteena

Another "I-would-have-tried-this-one" casualty!! As the many comments attest, this is indeed a lovely scent, but it doesn't want to hang around so what's the point? What is it that they're doing to have most of these fragrances being these two-second evaporating mists? Now you smell it. Now you don't. A fragrance should have a good fixative to help it adhere and give some longevity. The cost of the majority of these scents is insane, considering what you're getting, which TOO OFTEN IS NOTHING!!! It's really a big rip-off, consumers buying these "disappearing acts" masquerading as fragrances.

irynn2003
irynn2003

For me, this is a unique, fresh scent, with a note of tobacco in it which gives it a mysterious character.

ananya20
ananya20

The bottle is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. The perfume itself is a very light peony musk combination with some hint of some spices. The coffee notes are a little elusive on me..but I do get wiffs of something very yummy time and again.

This is a very close to skin scent and most suitable for any occasion, except maybe the disco ;)

I just wish it lasted longer. The little bottle that I own is not the best for the purse (imho) because the spray nozzle doesnt have a cap, and I pulled it off the first time thinking it was the cap!

littleibu
littleibu

very feminine.. i love it..

amelie

Unobtrusive gentle, feminine and perfect for any occasion, a must have in your wardrobe. I do not really like floral woody musk, but this is in fact so special symphony of fragrant components. On my skin lasts for hours, but we are not all the same and tastes are different, in any case, I recommend it to someone who does not like strong scents but wants something feminine, pure... as SOMEONE has already said, a warm scent of female skin after a shower, and I still think the same as many years ago, Noa is soft and light as velvet, calming like a nourishing body lotion. Try it, you may be surprise!

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

i get why this perfume is so popular. the opening is my favourite part, smells of pancakes with syrup! "noa" is a soft, unobtrusive fragrance that, to me, exudes a classic, quiet confidence. while it isn't one that agrees with my skin, it is easy to understand its appeal. affordable, beautifully composed, and pleasant to be around when worn on the right person. bottle is almost ethereal in appearance, a very nice touch.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

One of my favorite fragrances. I first smelled it on a cousin and sampled it because I thought it was nice as a summer fragrance. I thought it smelled cozy and light on me and lasted a long time too so I ordered it online. When it arrived, the weather was soooo hot here (Greece) and I thought it just faided too quick so I was frustrated and stopped using for a while. Then, when the heat wave cooled off I tested it again and Boom! The miracle happened! Florals, musks, coffee all blended together so wonderfully that it now has became one of my comfort yet elegant and feminine beloved scents. I don't wear it eeevery day but I'll definitely repurchase because a want to have it in my collection as a basic!
Oh! And Olivier Cresp! Man what a nose!! LOL! Noa, Angel, Ange ou demon!! Magnificent parfums!

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

A beautiful, timeless, so easily likeable fragrance. Inoffensively beautiful and well crafted. A keeper.

lulu7898

Another Olivier Cresp winner...This guy nose (pun intended) his stuff! This is such as wonderful fragrance. Nothing great in the first few minutes but then it changes every hour and never into anything terrible. It is creamy, smooth and woody with a tinge of flowers. I was afraid of the coffee smell in the description above, but it is not noticeable to me. It's cozy like my Kenzo Amour but does not smell the same.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Very "soapy", powdery, woody and musky - IN A GOOD WAY OF COURSE.

I always been a big fan of Cacharel-scents and I have almost every single scent they've made and this one doesn't disappoint me at all! (AS USUAL).
It's very beautiful and feminine. You either hate it or love it.

Well, I love it :)

Soie
Soie

A harsh, very musky, men's cologne type scent.

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

This is one of my favorite scents. Noa is cozy, romantic, gentle, feminine. Always praise and causes a certain magnetism ... Perfect.

Este é um dos meus perfumes preferidos. Noa é aconchegante, romântico, leve, feminino. Sempre provoca elogios e um certo magnetismo... Perfeito.

Marie76
Marie76

This is a morning scent, fresh with coffee, white and lovely. Peony is such a " meh" smell, but the rest of the notes give it some character. I was very surprised to see offer listed as a base note, because in me it's the first to disappear, which is a shame. The dry down is soft and unintrussive. Overall, I like it, but it's a little bit unmrmorable as perfumes go.

Takhaet
Takhaet

As some of the girls said- not very long lasting(about 3-4 hours on me) but there is something about this fragrance.

At first it bursts heavily with coffee (which i adore) , wood and musk ...and after a while it changes into a soft and creamy woody and flowery fragrance(quite milky). I can still detect coffee with a bit of wood and lilly of the valley notes. I would call it quite unique though. The best coffee note I ever come across in perfumes and eau the toilette.

It is like a milky way with a hint of coffee and fresh flowers.

Overall very pleasant smell for everyday wear. Shame the logevity isnt a bit better but it is good value for money .

ladyimmortelle
ladyimmortelle

I love this scent so much, one of my favourites - but not long lasting at all..

mediterranean
mediterranean

Like a hot cup of coffee on a Monday morning. It lifts the spirits.
This wasn´t love at first sight,it was more of a slow conquer.The first time I tried it I didn´t care at all. I kept revisiting it especially in winter. Designers often talk about the little black dress and the little white dress. Well this is my little white dress,comforting,soft always appropiated,office friendly,and somehow with that gamine style I love so much.
Althogh people don´t see any resemblance with Noa Perle,I think this is the little princess when she wakes up and goes downstairs for breakfast and Noa Perle is the princess who goes to the forest to have secret meetings with the prince under the stars.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I tried this a few days ago. It reminds me of a handlotion somehow. Not a bad smell, but I'd like to use it as a hanlotion, not as a perfume.

elisebye
elisebye

I really love this perfume! My mom actually got it before me, but I probably used it more often than her:)
For me, I whould describe this perfume as a smooth,creamy and very romantic perfume, absolutely!

mery09
mery09

Powdery, floral parfum,very feminine,fresh,perfect for summer,but doesn't last too long,only 2 hours on me.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

In my opinion, this is a quite boring fragrance, and I know that a lot of people love it, but to me, it's good... a clean and smooth smell, but not the enough to make buy it

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a very "cold" fragrance. As nonsensical as this sounds, it smells very much like an “unscented” body lotion – sort of plain, cold, creamy and inoffensive. There is something vaguely medicinal and bitter in the background. I really can't identify any of the notes listed. It is unusual in that I haven't smelled another perfume like it - I’ll give it that. Nonetheless, I find Noa quite bland.

cecfor
cecfor

Topnotes are wonderful, one of my favourite tops. Heart is very flowery, nice soft and careful flowers. Base is very musky. Not as good base as top and heart i'm sorry to say. I would have liked a bit more of the other notes in the base for more balance so to say. But that might have changed the whole perfume I guess and I would not want that. So in all, a very kind, discrete and useful fragrance. Just how I like them most. I will use it a lot.

Edit:
Now, everytime I use it I get an itchy rash at the application site, regardless of sunshine. Boo, I cant use it anymore. It surprises me as I have no allergies before. Anyone else with a similair reaction?

evanthie
evanthie

It's a very beautiful scent, actually I discovered it thanks to my mother who has used it in recent years. It's powdery and floral for me, but not in this annoying way which is presented in a great number of modern perfumes. Give it a try if you like feminine scents.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Not sure if this smells the same as the one from Le Jardin collection which I am wearing.I was attracted to this by reviews and the notes plus the fact it's a limited edition so I grabbed it without much hesitation.

Mostly I am apprehensive trying/wearing florals as they more often than not tend to be too heady but this one is tenderly mellow.the scent envelopes you without being obtrusive to others.of cos over time you lose it's projection but you can catch whiffs of it on yourself.

the only let down for me was I was expecting to pick out the coffee note in the dry down but could not get it-it's hard to pick individual notes as they seem beautifully blended but all in all this is a good one that I believe most women will love.Unfortunately,the limited edtion comes in only 25ml bottles-at least the ones i have seen.But if it smells same as this one then you can get one in a larger bottle and enjoy.
If I am going to wear this out then I will have to layer it with something more musky.but I will really love to smell this on a woman.will draw me closer...

piapedersen
piapedersen

Don't you just hate it, when people tell you about this wonderful perfume that you simply NEED to have on your shelf because it's a revelation... and then you find out that whenever it gets in touch with your skin it transforms itself into a fragrance with something rotten underneath or between all the nice notes? that is was happens whenever I try to wear this perfume. I've had it for several years now and I try it out from time to time but the same thing happens. Annoying, since it is a beautiful bottle and the scent should be down my alley... But alas!

0lga5
0lga5

Best ever! I have been using it for about 15 years and this is the only parfume for me!

simonne.glaserova
simonne.glaserova

Nice, "soapy", clean. Not bad at all.

rosembloom
rosembloom

@DARK VIOLET: you said it ALL! and so gorgeously! Indeed... innocent flowers meet musky woods and turn into warm nutty cream. This fragrance simply enchants me by it's silent eloquence, it's refined and complex nature , it's aromatherapeutic calming yet uplifting properties ( I swear! It centers me beautifully). It is long-lasting yet stays light and creamy . Perfectly elegant and so feminine, it charms in a suave way. I love the irridescent bottle and the lovely pearl inside which reminds me that:
if an oyster can turn a grain of sand into such a beautiful gem, every heart can turn an annoyance into a blessing xxx thanx for the gift Dove!

londonhermit
londonhermit

This clashed with my chemistry. It was a medicinal musk overload. I think the musk and coffee just didn't work and the smell reminded me of a hospital oddly enough. Thankfully it didn't last long.

Lolita7
Lolita7

Noa is a fragrance light, soft and warm at the same time.
when you smell is comforting, is like a helping hand that hands you a cup of coffee and says, "Everything will be fine." It is a good choice for a broken heart ;)
Although gentle, it is noted, has a good projection and longevity. When you're around people who can not help but ask what fragrance are you wearing
This perfume also has a sensual side but in a naive way, as if this is not its purpose.

Noa is a pearl ;)

Sillage 9/10
Longevity 7/10

****

Noa es un perfume ligero, suave y cálido al mismo tiempo.
cuando lo hueles es reconfortante, es como una mano amiga que te tiende una taza de café y te dice "Todo irá bien". Es una buena opción para un corazón roto ;)
Aunque es suave, se hace notar, tiene una buena proyección y longevidad. Cuando estás cerca de personas, no pueden evitar preguntar que perfume llevas puesto
Este perfume tiene también un lado sensual pero de una manera ingenua, como si no fuera ese su propósito.

Noa es una perla ;)

Sillage 9/10
Longevidad 7/10

temo
temo

Tried it years ago and wasn't too impressed. Recently picked up a small bottle on a discount shelf and again, wasn't too impressed with it at first. But an hour later...It developed into a lovely concoction! I love the drydown on this one!

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Nice and soft but don't last long at all.

amelie

Fantastic, I had a period of several years when I didn't tolerate perfumes, that time I only wore Noa. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't like strong fragrances cuz it's gentle and so discreet, doesn't bother anybody. I never had a negative comment,in fact many liked it on me. Somewhat reminded me of Eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari or Lacoste Pour Femme, soothing notes are very similar to those in these scents. Simple,clean, yet so recognizable. I can smell the coffee note in it. The bottle is gorgeous. Liked the review of DarkViolet and missk.

Bankfriendly
Bankfriendly

Very sweet, mild, yet romantic perfume. I found it in a perfume collection/set which I received as a gift. Out of the 5perfumes from various select designers in that collection, Noa struck me most. Its for the soft and gentle lady. I love the fragrance, but its too mild to last.Its good for frequent touch-ups and re-fragrancing.

senem12
senem12

I like the smell but it's not lasting..it's just disappeares

erin.mitchell
erin.mitchell

I can't contend with the comment below, what an eloquent, and precise review. However, I must add my own feeling. And that's how I do fragrance; by feeling. Cacharel's Noa is fresh, clean, sophisticated, and comforting. One of my favorites. It really brings me to a center of myself. Soapy, but more layered. Soft, but a little mysterious. Without pretension, I imagine this is what heaven smells like.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Hauntingly smooth and slightly sensual like a silk caress on naked skin, Noa by Cacharel is a little scented landscape where everything feels peaceful and romantic but, oh, so graciously full of life and tender passion..

I have to admit the first time I sprayed it on my wrist I thought I was smelling something quite unusual, not properly charming: at least for the very first moments Noa feels like a bunch of green and spicy notes put together almost randomly (someone already mentioned tobacco.. yes, I detect kind of a smoky-herbal vibe through the first stage of this EDT, though I suppose it’s due to the peculiar coriander and coffee blend). The heart, dominated by floral accords, is simply and purely beautiful, with lily and rose getting more and more distinguishable as the musk and vanilla base starts to linger with them, enhancing their tenderness; when drying down Noa gets somehow milky-nutty, curiously wandering through sweetness and freshness, resulting in both clean and warm textures on my skin but without loosing an inch of its own personality… which is, of course, that of a fragrance aiming to provide the wearer with an innocent but very pronounced aura of femininity. There’s nothing messy, explosive or utterly extravagant here, just a calm but still lively voice that whispers quiet words… all in the right place, and in the right moment.

I think part of the pleasure I get from wearing Noa comes from the fact I’m sure I’ve smelled this fragrance before - many and many times - but only recently I was able to properly appreciate it… it feels so familiar, so reassuring I would always keep a bottle for those moments when I just want to feel safe and relaxed. Though I think it’s one of those scents that would find their place through a daytime/work routine I wouldn’t underestimate this little gem of delicacy for more special occasions as it could be a crowd pleaser (or, at least, a significant other pleaser)… just be sure of wearing the right amount, I usually do 4-5 sprays and the sillage is wonderful, yet very close to skin and clean in a delicious, refined body lotion way. Longevity is quite good for an EDT, nothing impressive though (about 4 hours).

A great fragrance that smells like the little pearl inside its beautiful bottle, pure and translucently soft… highly recommended, I will surely buy a new bottle when my Jelly edition will be finished ;)

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Very romantic and slightly aristocratic scent.Refined and ultra feminine! Proper for any occasion, excellent signature tipe of perfume.
Needless to say that I love it!

ariuna
ariuna

I am allergic into some strong fragrances. So, I can't choose what's right for me. But I have tried 2 times Noa, one today. And it's right for me. I really like it. As said above, this is like second skin to me. For allergic ones, this one is for you

Juliana6

This perfume reminds no of the song "Kiss me" by "Sixpence none the richer".
It's :

"Kiss me out of the bearded barley,
Nightly , beside the green, green grass.. kiss me beneath the milky twilight"

The emotion is just the same to me- romantic, fresh, free and full of love and peace.

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

this perfume is so lovely. romantic, sweet, feminine, warm and light.... it has been my mothers signature perfume for years, I wish kind of that I could wear it. But its definitely not for me.

misstierra05
misstierra05

I loved this perfume when my roommate in college wore it, purchased the fragrance a year later and hated it. I'm not sure why this came off so strong on me. Needless to say, I gave it to my mother and she gets tons of compliments when wearing it.

pourfemme
pourfemme

It is very light and clean like the smell of a face cream. So it can be categorized as each day everywhere fragrance. Not special but smells really nice and soft. I think it is suitable for all ages.

nowheregal
nowheregal

this smells like 'baby cologne' to me.

Elenkina
Elenkina

I was wearing this perfume in 2002, then in 2007 and now thinking of buying it again! Agree with comments that it is so light and clean! Feeling myself like this at the moment, so happy i can still buy it cheaper!

frusia
frusia

What I love about perfumes is the fact that they describe the world/people in a so very different way than words. I believe that when a person finds her/his signature fragrance it's a bit like she/he heard the secret name of their soul known only to God. It cannot be repeated, because it has no sound, it is not a word. And yet it defines you more accurately than any word or even an elaborate description.
So here is Noa - the scent I've been searching for. Noa tells about me.

electra7
electra7

I feel like an angel when I wear this perfume:)
so light and so clean.
love it !

pepe7111
pepe7111

the smell is like a warm ,conforting pillow from the childhood,tender ,soft, milky...the bottle is unbelivable,daring ,tre chic.very parisian...love it!

zind
zind

Noa is like a naked newborn baby wrapped in a soft and newly washed blanket. But in a grown up way, however twisted that might sound. It's such a clean and innocent scent without being soapy. It's delicate and sensitive and peaceful. You'd do well to wrap yourself in this when you need serenity and tranquility. But it so unoffensive and beautiful that it works in any setting and makes for a great everyday perfume that you will definetly remember, if it is your cup of tea. And actually, a nice big cup of herbal tea with lots of milk would go nice with it too. It's not boring at all, it's just not 'in your face' and screaming to get your attention.

Psychologically I can imagine this perfume having a nursing and calming effect on people, especially combined with a warm hug!

Mirlo
Mirlo

I'm sure a lot of people love this perfume and I can understand why. But, unfortunately, on my skin the drydown is gross. Smells like BAD morning breath and gingivitis and I'm not even kidding. It's an unmistakable stench. I'm not sure what ingredient is responsible for that, and I'm not sure if it's my skin chemestry or my associative memory, but it's a pity because the first ten minutes it smelled lovely.

Juliana6

When I was 18 and if I was upset, I wanted to get home , in my room, in my bed under the blanket with a cup of hot chocolate ( of coffee) in my hands and a burning candle next to my bed.

Now I'm 26 and in similar times I want a bit of "Noa" on my wrists. It has the same calming, comforting effect.

lisa o
lisa o

I wore it when I was twenty and still (surprise!) find it interesting and original. it's decent and for that I love it. appearances can be deceptive....

artsyrn
artsyrn

I get cilantro, white musk, and something organic/dirty. it is interesting. Not offensive. Not fantastic either... I'm on the fence with this one.

vega_012
vega_012

I bought this as part of a box of Cacharel samples because I wanted to try it. At first I thought it was a bit too light and "nondescript," for my taste. After a second wearing,though, I found that I liked that airy quality. Also, there is a sweetness to it (probably the peony and white flowers) but it's not that saccharine sweetness effusive in many newer fragrances. It's a perfect scent to wear on the job, or just out with friends.

Santalrosa
Santalrosa

Liked this at first. The top notes were absent, aside from the white musk which blended so well with the white flowers of the middle notes. Harmonious, alive and very agreeable up to this point, but then develops into something different each time I wear it. The pearl concept is perfect for this fragrance - the unpredictability of what you will find in the pearl oyster is totally fitting for a fragrance which is this unpredictable. With Noa, you never know what you're going to get.

Amaltea
Amaltea

It's a real pearl inside the bottle? I read somewhere that it's true. What do you think about it? Very beautiful scent! Gentle, affectionate, warm, calming fragrance. I love it!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Received it as a gift from my uncle after commenting that I liked it when I smelled it at the store. Got to wear it and I was rather disappointed; too subtle for my taste. At first all I can smell is alcohol although later smells very flowery... and then the scent disappears. I'ts not one of my favorites, but when I'm in a relaxing mood I like to wear it.

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

A nice everyday perfume for me. I would wear it to work everyday.

woopili
woopili

I love her for her sweetness and freshness, it does not give headaches however it does not wear well, it was good when i was 20 years but less now at 30 years. He feels the fresh girl

Juliana6

Well, I don't care if the men like it. The most important is that I like the scent I wear.

As regards this frag, I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I put a bit of it on when I go to bed , and my boyfriend appreciates a lot ...
(blush)
He said this scent makes him think about me and our bedtime.
It's mild ( I mean- it's doesn't scream for attention like some popular frags do) but sexy in the same time.It
doesn't overpower your natural skin scent, that is important...

armanimania
armanimania

I like this perfume very much. I think it is soft and classy.
But do you think men like it?

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This must be the most gentle perfume I've ever smelled. It's like a cozy, soft gray blanket or a fluffy gray cat.
I don't think it's motherly, it's just not very sensual. At least not in the conventional way.

NOA is soft and creamy and it smells very luxurious.
It has a certain clean side to it, but not a hospital, sterile kind of clean.
To me, it smells like morning. A lazy morning, you're just out of the shower, your hair is still wet, wrapped in a towel and you can smell the slightly nutty aroma of really good, and I mean REALLY good, coffee coming from the kitchen.
It's so delicious, but not in a gourmand way.

I actually love it a lot. It would never be my signature, but it would be a wonderful scent to wear when I do not want to attract too much attention but still want to smell nice.
It's more of a bodylotion scent then a real perfume, but I love it nontheless.

Cams
Cams

I have a Noa story - I was on a plane from Washington DC to Toronto and a wonderful smell wafted my way - I started sniffing (discreetly) wondering where it was coming from and lo and behold the airline stewardess walked by and there was the scent again and it was clear that it was her! The next time she walked by I had to stop her to ask what she was wearing and she told me Noa and brought the bottle to show me (very nice of her!!). I bought it duty free on my way out of Toronto a month later. It's a wonderful floral scent with a delightful woody base and what a seductive waft! I think of Spring (which seems so far away!) when I wear this.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Bought a mini bottle blind, and I am very glad I did -I may get a FB. This is a gentle, sweet and totally innocuous floral/musk, and to my nose it is one of those exceptional perfumes where no single ingredient dominates. I like this one very much and it is easy to wear even in our current very hot weather. 9/10 (only loses a point because I can't detect the coffee)

I do have to add that although this is a soft-smelling perfume there is plenty of sillage and it is not shy and retiring. You can definitely smell it on you and I think it would be a great night-time perfume for an intimate dinner. It does pack a gentle punch!

whiten

the original is something I can't be sure about. the white bottle is edT right?? anyway, when I put it on in shops, I get a quite chemical scent at first. then it turns nice but seems very subdued and not very good silage and longevity. not like the one I use. is there something wrong with those testers? or is noa really like that????? pm are very welcomed...

galina27
galina27

Noa is a milky, soft, comfortable scent.
A rainy days perfume

sofababe
sofababe

I've tested this twice now and its not working for me at all. I really wanted this to be good because the notes look amazing and interesting and the reviews are great. All I get is a really sharp smell that stings my nose if I get too close to it. No sweetness or coffee. No flowers. I'm going to give it one more chance before I write it off but I have a feeling that Noa and I were never meant to be together.

addicted-to-perfumes
addicted-to-perfumes

It's smells a bit like nailpolish remover at the first, but the smell after that: I simply love it.
Very feminine... It's a timeless scent

iroschqa
iroschqa

Actually it smells like a bad quality odor spray!
I had it as a gift. If I tried, I would never spent a penny for this.

It gives me a headache when I smell it. A total disappointment for me.

Tovah
Tovah

Underrated sweet Oriental with hints of coffee. I bought this without testing after it won the FiFi, and I enjoyed it so much I wound up buying all its flankers (something I rarely do). I got compliment after compliment on this so I was always surprised it wasn't a bigger hit here on the West Coast of the US. I rarely even see it anymore, and that's a shame. Lasting power was excellent, and this perfume is classic, feminine, and romantic.

kaktus
kaktus

Lovely subtle feminine scent. Too bad I can't use it. I almost get an asthma attack no matter how small amount I put on my skin.

karaaslang
karaaslang

widely accepted as a nice smell, once everybody was buying this. nothing distinct. very soft and soapy. tender but nothing unique. 4/10.

maiker
maiker

NOA, this is one of the best perfume i have, i use it for the first time when i go to (merida-venezuela) thank god i did, because it become one of the nicest place i ever go, and nothing better than SPRAY MY NOA TO REMEMBER IT. it have a cold, flower dew eternal smell, it's very hard to explain, but i think is better so, because i just left my mind and heart to fly.

scent

helenfernanda
helenfernanda

Warm Spicy? No really!

Majah90
Majah90

A lovely scent :) Clean and feminine. I often use this one :)

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

Reminds me of Dove soap at certain stages of development (in a good way!) - clean, light, silky, comfortable, no trying too hard. The coffee note is very slight, but adds to the cozy factor. This is a great day time scent, also good for people who don't like loud, obvious and intrusive perfumes. Some days I'm just sooooo in the mood for Noa.

Juliana6

Sorry, but where do you get that coffee scent from?
I tried this today and I think it is a sweet, mild and classic fragrance. I work at school and there I can't wear strong frags, so I bought this one. It's beautiful...

Garden of Eden
Garden of Eden

On my skin this fragrance is the ultimate sense of comfort. It is like a breezy, innocent kiss, a silky caress, a quiet company through the day...And even when I have another fragrance as a signature, I like to spray Noa first thing in the morning and last thing before going to sleep because it is so subtle on me...I also like using it before relaxing body-mind work (yoga, meditation etc) because I feel it is transparent and angelic. I haven't encountered something as ethereal as this in the fragrance world. I try to always have a bottle of it. Wow Cacharel...Timeless beauty, tenderness in a bottle...Thank you!

ION
ION

Think "Noa" as a watered down version of "Tresor".
It is more subtle and discreet with part of its soul removed.
I am not sure whether there is some body spray or mist (or something like that) of "Tresor" available, but if there is, you have no good reason to choose "Noa" instead.

It is quite common the graphic designers and artistic directors do a better job than perfumers in the last 10-15 years, and this is one of those cases.
The bottle and colour do the perfume good justice for sure!

Sumukorento
Sumukorento

Nothing clean on my skin...only old rancid coffee. It doesn't work on me at all.

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

Nice, lovely, calm yet has strength in it!

ilumina
ilumina

I fell in love with this one instantly- light, inspiring, magic one. It makes you feel confident,seductive,optimistic. :)

Jellybean
Jellybean

clean gentle soapy musk scent:) musk, flowers, vanilla and then some hot morning espresso, makes it quite nice. also, safe to wear anywhere, very subtle lovely perfume!

NNN
NNN

I'm sorry, Noa's fans, but I almost had to take a Dramamine after trying this parfum.
I smell tobacco in it (probably because of the coffe) and something else quite old.
If my adorable grandma were a smoker, I guess that this is how her house would smell like. Lucky for me and for her, she is not!

melinamelp
melinamelp

smells precious , with fine woods, musk and pearls in it.

SheShe
SheShe

I like Noa - I discovered it in autumn and it really wears great in autumn and spring, it's rather a day scent.

Noa can be felt as a bit nauseating at times - it's a bit herbal and you can sniff coffee, but it's not a heavy dose. I see the fragrance in a white and light brown colour, I see a delicate and feminine woman when I sniff the fragrance - the woman is mysterious. I think it can be a good scent for a wedding day.

The bottle is nice, glass is thin like the fragile woman from my imagination.

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

When i had this it smelled like pancake syrup on my skin. Nice, sweet fragrance. Very mild and nonthreatening.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was such a light feminine scent. The plum in the opening is a bit overly ripe sweet, but it quickly becomes freesia on musk, with a hint of vanilla, ylang ylang and incense. It had lovely sillage, but the staying power isn't too great, about 5 hours on me. But worth reapplying to stay in this tranquil cloud all day.

varnyte
varnyte

It's so peaceful, clean even wise scent:) At first I felt nothing but alcohol, but after that came a creemy, tender and powdery scent, which I really love. But I am not sure if I like cofee beens there. But I think this perfume calms me down and I love it for that:}

LittleRed
LittleRed

Such a romantic scent! This is another unique perfume that I believe should live on as a classic. It is white cashmere, the sparkle of winter's first snowfall, a warm embrace. It is a very well orchestrated arrangement of notes, resulting in something resembling a sweet, spicy chai latte and white florals. It's warm, feminine, inviting, sweet. Noa is an expression of love, any kind of love.

salihah
salihah

love this tested it and hopefully will be buying it soon

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I got this for the birth of my daughter who is named Noa. I really like this sweet, feminine scent. It's cute, almost soapy. Very nice, soft and not overwhelming.

natalia777
natalia777

I love this perfume. Clean, feminine, classic.

constantinova
constantinova

after reading so many good reviews in here and makeupalley I just ordered it. first it smelled alcohol. so strong alcohol. maybe I got the bad one. later it was creamy. but then I couldnt smeel it any more. I sniffed my wrist like hundreds time but I could not get the smell. however my firends said it smells so good. but i could not get the smell still. and my mum said it is owerpowering and old-ladyish. do I like it? I dont know because I cant get the smell.

kcii
kcii

This brings back childhood memories for me. Back in the days of "Letter books" my friend sprayed her Noa into the book & it always smelt beautiful. So for years now I've been trying to find it so I could smell it & test it on my skin, and today I finally found it. As lots of people have said its a very soft, girly smell. The longevity was a slight let down, but over all it is very pleasant. I could describe the scent as delicate and clean. :)

romrom
romrom

Noa is a very girly perfume,it's very soft and soapy clean. I think it's a nice fragrance for a teenage girl because of how delicate it is, I think it's a milky note blending with flowers. just beautiful.

longcara
longcara

You cant go wrong with Noa, its clean fresh and beautiful!!!!
The bottle is not bad either, perfect for office wear or anywhere you cant use a strong perfume.

This is so soft and light, you truly forget it's there, until you catch a whiff of your wrist by accident. There is a quick burst of sharp florals at the beginning, which quickly fade and give way to the softest blend of slightly powdery florals and sweet woods. Transparent is a good name for this fragrance.

Jilly B
Jilly B

Oooooh....this is lovely.....

I bought a sample after looking at other memebers' reviews of this fragrance, and I'm so glad I did!

Most fragrances have a sharper opening that softens on the drydown, but Noa doesn't have any of the sharpness on me...just the most lovely, clean, creamy smell, freshly laundered sheets.

I've worn this to work, but find it at it's best when I put it on directly after a bath, and I'm getting into freshly laundered sheets. It's absolutely gorgeous. Not the sexiest scent in the world, but there's something there that's quite seductive.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

With so many delicious ingredients, being a floral-woody-musky-thingy and smelling so good on my friend's mum, I tried it in the department store... And I was shocked by the stink of it. Never has a perfumes smelled so unpleasant on me. I have no clue why. On my skin this smells artificial, sickning and almost medical! It's almost too clean, kind of sharp and ... ugh. But I must say that the bottle is great, and that the perfume smells really nice on other people. But this is not for me ...

Tane4ka
Tane4ka

This is very lovely. It smells very soft and romantic. I think it works well with my skin because I detect a nice lightly sugared note of coffe with cream and a slight hint of musk. As it developes it becomes muskier but remains very soft. I very much like Cacharel's Noa. Although it won't take a top place on my wishlist, it will stay there untill the day I will obtain it. But I gladly will have this little gem in my collection.

ujhb
ujhb

When I smelled this at the department store, the vanilla and coffee smell are the dominant notes at first, to me. I want to try this perfume but I'm addicted to Kenzo's Flower.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Innocent, pure and fresh
Smells like fresh white flowers, but not like grandma at all.
Very clean and feminine.

I can't find much in Noa. It's very powdery, light and soft - but really not my type of scent. If you like J.LOs' Glow or Tovas' Signture, this could be for you.

vloterbiegje
vloterbiegje

I'm rather new to the world of perfume, and hard to please too. Most perfumes I get tired of really quickly, and I absolutely loathe a heavy cloud of perfume on someone else. Noa seems to be perfect for me. It doesn't sting the nose ever, not in the opening, not in the drydown. Nor is it too sweet. One spray doesn't perfume the room. The mix of flowers and more earthy notes is enchanting. On me it smells at the same time powdery fresh and warm and inviting. After a couple of hours mainly the incense remains, but it's not heavy, mass incense. The ad seems to suggest this fragrance for delicate, fairy-like women and that's not me. But the perfume is earthier than that and most importantly, whenever I get a whiff it calms me down.
This may become my first signature scent!

smellsogood
smellsogood

Well this was a surprise! I have previously completely ignored this one, mainly because it was right under my nose. A certain well known chemist chain in every UK high street sells this little gem for next to nothing. It was only through boredom in a long queue to pay, that I idly spritzed this on to pass the time. Oh what lovely, soft creamy goodness wafted around me. Yep an instant sale!

alfonsine
alfonsine

For me, the opening scent of Noa smells like kitchen spice, I cant quite place it but it somehow resembles the smell of cilantro leaves (chinese parsley)....(its not only due to my body chemistry because i smelled the same thing on someone else, probably my nose reacts weirdly with its composition). However after a few minutes, emerge this beautiful soft floral, powdery scent. Very unique perfume indeed! Also, the bottle is definitely a keeper =)

edit may 28th: so my nose was not crazy, perfume shrine blog also stated that this scent is accented with cilantro! perfume shrine: "Tania Sanchez identifies the spice as cilantro."

I personally think that the cilantro scent dominates in the opening whiff..however according to perfume shrine this perfume opens with ylang-ylang

rola81
rola81

i adore this perfume .. am using it since 9 years

noa
noa

finito pochi giorni fà e ricomprato ieri...di corsa! E' il mio profumo preferito, è adatto perfettamente a me e l'ho scoperto da poco! Delicato ma persistente....dolce ma non nauseante....fine e ti fa profumare di pulito! E poi contiene una perla che è la mia preferita! Noa x sempre!!!

fercota
fercota

I love most Cacharel parfums and this has been one of my favorites scents for a long time. It has this sweet floral innocent feeling impossible to love. The bottle is supercute too. Highly recommended.

twillocks
twillocks

Not for me. I am sure it smells wonderful on someone else.

whiten

I'm kind of doing a research right now, so I'm adding this one to my list too:D hope I can find it, thanks action:)
p.s.: A bit off topic, but I have a post where I'm asking for advice about something similar to dior addict eau fraiche. It would be great if you guys have any idea and drop it there,thanks.

Whiten, if you love this so much, buy Capucci Opera III too! It is like a stronger version of Noa, if you would love a stronger variety on the concept that is..
Good luck!

whiten

It is the best perfume for a young girl,who doesn't like sugary/syrupy perfumes that has taken over the market. while it is more intended for younger audience, it is not simple. I think its complexity makes it wearable for every season, it's great for spring/summer but coffee+tonka bean+musk?? these makes me feel like under a warm blanket when in winter. why didn't I buy it before?? I'll edit about longevity, though I'm really hopeful:D one of the perfumes I review, but in reality, I don't want anyone else wearing it!!!
edit:while I like it, I don't think I'll buy a second bottle. It has a really good silliage and longevity on my skin, it's just that I'm making memories with it, that I don't like at all. it's me, I guess ,not noa.
edit2: wow look at all those pretty baloons,thanks guys:D anyway,I'm definitely going to buy a second bottle in september, I'll just forget the memories!! this beauty, with its great silliage and longevity on my skin, is definitely a keeper for all seasons of the year.:)
edit!: though I should mention mine is not original, close but not the same at all. I wrote based on my thoughts of the one I own, it is a bit different than original noa.... this edit is important, I didn't like the ones I tested at shops at all. they smelled too sharp and chemical.

glamrose
glamrose

I fell in love with NOA the first time it touched my skin at the perfume counter. That was ten years ago when I was a yuppie and have no enough money to buy it yet. I promised to come back but why I just remembered it now that I browsed Cacherel here. Thanks so much for this site for reminding me of my one lost love....

malia
malia

I love pearls. So i just had to have this adorable bottle with a pearl in it. And the fragrance is so pure and innocent! You can always recognize Noa from any other parfume. it's a wonderful creation. My second bottle is almost empty again.....

flowermom
flowermom

i started using this perfume absolute years ago! it has a lovely warm smell, intoxicating, sexy, very original, to be fair i think its better suited for night time, & its too heady i think for summer, i havent actually used it for about 2 years now, preferring much subtle smells, but i still have a trusty bottle perched on my dressing table, i hope its never dis-continued simply because theres nothing out there similar, which is a rarity, now a days with perfumes, i hold a great deal of fondness for this one!!

LaPetite
LaPetite

How do you make it Cacharel ? Always finding such notes combinations that makes something so nique, so diferent ?
Like many Cacharel, i had this one several times . It's very gentle, romantic feminine , without beeing an easy way out , because it's Cacharel , and Cacharel is always different.
Please don't discontinue this one !!!

Anouk0811
Anouk0811

Lovely!!

lilou
lilou

I've got a lot of perfumes, I love gourmand and floral creations, I love most of the Cacharel fragrances.
I bought Noa because I saw that there was incense in its composition (I love incense fragrance).
It smells good but not enough creamy for me. I was disappointed at a time : not so warm, too light. But it has lots of good points : soft, clean, original, it lasts all day long, always a Cacharel quality. Women who loves clean and light perfumes will love it.
To conclude, Noa will stay among my favorite light perfumes because it's reassuring. But I won't wear it as my signature.

MrsG
MrsG

Smooth, creamymilky, warm-clean-skin, more of a "good smell" than perfume, which suits me just fine. I've only tried the deodorant spray
but at least on me, it lasts several hours and even better, I can wear it around my husband without it choking him up and making him wheeze like so many fragrances do. I'm a total girly-girl when it comes to smelling good and finding a fragrance that I can wear within 10 feet of him and one that I like has been a long-term challenge but Noa seems to be the magic bullet.

kikikikris
kikikikris

Bought it unsniffed due to a pretty good deal, 9.99 quid on ebay.
The flacon is lovely, except the nozzle which comes out all the time and I always waste at least a spritz when I try to stick it back in place. How annoying.

The juice is quite nice. The top notes I must say, remind me of J. Lo Glow. Clean, right out of the shower kind of scent. A bit too sharp for me, though. The drydown is quiet. I mean REALLY quiet, barely there that I wish I had sprayed more or at least, be ABLE to take the bottle with me to re-apply. Like I said, the nozzle makes it impossible to be carried around in your handbag.

All in all, Noa is nice, clean, inoffensive whatsoever. Suitable for office or casual wear all year round. Ageless. Unfortunately, staying power is poor, 4h top.

I can see myself wearing it often, but I will not re-purchase. ;P

TankGirl
TankGirl

I think its a out of the shower scent. Really white, really musky and really woody. Nice for all year, its a safe musk. Not to overpowering, clean and balanced.
I dont see it as a feminine perfume, or as a sexy. Actually I dont see nothing in here. Its quind of a dull fragrance, probably better with a vanilla or white musk oil to base it. Anyway, its nice but not me.

camillia
camillia

I have tested Noa, being almost sure, that I would love it.. having read such a long trail of encouraging comments.
Unfortunately, I can not wear this fragrance well. I do believe it works beautifully on many, but as for me, I'm bothered by a musk that sharpens the tones of this fragrance to what is to me a painful level of shrillness. Noa, I'm sorry, I wanted to love you so much!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Noa is an ideal office scent.
It is feminine but very clean.
Well, that is what I think it is!
A male colleague once asked me which perfume I was wearing.
He told me that he just HAD to buy it for his wifey because he wanted her to smell like me which, in his very own words, was:
Naked, clean skin and just out of the hot tub and into the bed.
Wow!

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

This is the smell of a nice, exclusively feminine soap or shower cream. It's clean and it has a kind of neutrality that only the trail left by a woman who has just stepped out of the shower could have. Imagine a slender young woman with delicate skin, entering her bright and cozy pastel blue bedroom, holding a big white fluffy towel wrapped around her clean, soaked body. She's relaxed and in a pleasant torpor, happy and radiant. This is the mood reflected by Noa. :)

bhean_sidhe

If you were once into it you should always have it somewhere among the other bottles, because you would want to come back every now and then. When you want to feel comfortable eg. It's also a good choice if you want to be discreet - it doesn't reveal your mood but makes you smell sexy and confident.

Calyx
Calyx

Here is a rough translation of Luciana's review:

Very romantic perfume, but it doesn't stand out from the crowd. It's nothing special and can be confused with other fragrances.

Laylaxxx
Laylaxxx

Clean and Classic. Those words are the best to describe Noa. Whenever I smell it, I feel like I just had a shower. It makes you feel fresh and the lasting power is unbelievable. It's a pity that so many women wear it. Cause yet I believe that Noa's not a scent for everyone. Noa has a kind of innocence that's not really seen by many people. They'd probably call it soapy, but that's in my opinion not true.

theoneilove
theoneilove

Noa blends new and old in one perfume:it,s new from green-peony-white musk and old fashion from classic bouquet in the middle and powdery notes in the base.
It's a perfume for all ages,it,s more complex that it seems to be and on an appropriate skin is a perfume of angels.

If you like Noa, try Roberto Capucci Opera III!! It is like the big brother of Noa!! Or as Chat once said, if Noa is a young girl, Opera III is the full grown version of this girl in her forties!!
:-)

TanjaS
TanjaS

I don't know if the test perfume in the store had expired, but this was not good (on me) at all. The combination of powder, musk, coffee and vanilla was overwhelming, it made me feel nauseous. I tried to wash it off as well, but its staying power was invincible. I don't dare to try it again. lol

Richnata
Richnata

I love this Noa. Very warm for winter time. Long lasting, I can still feel it at the end of the day on my clothes. However it can be boring if used daily.

Solvita
Solvita

so nice,so creamy,I like this perfume very much.Will be great for all seasons.

beor
beor

It is tender, soft, gorgeus and I love it so much.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Firsty I just want to say that the bottle is one of tjhe cutest I've seen, it's lovely just to hold it like a ball and watch the mini pearl swim around!

I'd really love to smell this without the coffee, the coffee is quite prominent and it gives what would otherwise be a gorgeous light close to the skin scent a strange quality.

It's really nice though and as alot of people have said..it's very inoffensive. Even if you spray quite alot it still retains a softness.

It's lightly floral, slightly powdery, very clean smelling but it's got that weird whiff of coffee, like if you had spilled instant coffee on your skin.

It's a winner in my books but it is definatley not a masterpeice by any standard. I feel like there are so many notes listed and half of them aren't even noticable.

njdeb
njdeb

Noa is soft, slightly powdery, warm and comforting. The scent equivalent of a fuzzy blanket. Pleasant, but not that memorable.

mymlan
mymlan

Noa is a very lovable fragrance, and I must say that I have the greatest respect for Cacharel (especially the older line) for beeing one of the most innovative houses since the creation of Anais Anais.

Noa is a comforting, yet interesting with a sensual sillage. A perfect day scent that is strange enough for surrounders to pic up but also sensual enough to bring up the wish to get closer.

I adore the top and heart of this composition but on my skin, the basenotes becomes a bit too dry and woody. Therefore, I would prefer if some sweetness was added to this late part and perhaps a few animalistic notes to enforce the sensual dimension of this scent.

Nevertheless, Noa is an odd beauty that deserves a reserved place in your fragrance wardrobe.

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

I have tried this perfume many a time and my reaction is always the same: baby powder. Perhaps next time I should try it on my skin but I really can't bring myself to.

nezzabel
nezzabel

This one may be the perfect office scent!
A very lovely, peaceful, clean and almost ethereal kind of perfume.
Very soft and tender, this is a true musky floral suited for every season. And I can see why is loved by so manny of you.
The lasting power and also the sillage are not that great, but still a pretty fragrance!

schauspielerin
schauspielerin

NOA is one of my absolute favourites. Ever since I smelled it for the first time, I'm addicted.
I don't think it lacks color or joy. It is independent and intelligent. Cold and warm at the same time.
I just ADORE it.

taylor
taylor

this perfume to me should be worn after you´ve been dumped, walking home alone in the heavy rain.
there´s no joy in it, it lacks color.

guest_princess
guest_princess

this perfume is my all time favorite since it was introduced.
i love the simple yet captivating smell. a bit girly but not too flirty. slight powerful but not offending.
perfect for a woman whose outlook is to take care of her loved ones and ready to stand up for what she believes.

lat
lat

I really like it a lot. It was my first "grown up" scent. It might unveil its magic at a different pace on my difficult skin. There are no fresh notes ever. This could have easily put me off, the first notes are ovepowering and powdery. Luckily it lasts for only a short while. Then, the everlasting drydown of my beloved tonka bean, vanilla and creamy, delicious coffee.

I'd say it's warm and comforting and maybe safe, but I definitely feel sexy and sensual when I'm wearing it. Seems to be working on men as well.

It's young but not girly, powdery but not something your mother could wear. Young, confident women should be delighted to use it as an everyday scent. For those, like me, who tolerate only the most subtle of scents, this is the perfect night wear.

RouenFr
RouenFr

I wore this scent through HS and my first year of college. This scent was light and clean. It was the first thing I grabbed after showering after basketball practice because it would lift my spirits after a long workout. I was a bit rough on this scent, leaving it out in my car on hot summer days and cold winter nights, yet it never lost its charm. It was is very fresh when you first spray it. Yet, when it dries down the scent is very light and floral. This scent lasted a long time on my skin and everyone would ask what I was wearing. I think this is a great scent for anyone but I think it is a nice transistion scent for young girls. It is a grown up scent but it still has a young feel to it.

alianeblue
alianeblue

Noa reminds me to my country of birth’s traditional breakfast drink, hot coffee with milk. Both have a comforting aroma, which makes me go back in time when grandma used to wake me up everyday with a delicious steamy latte. I don’t think this scent is sexy; it is certainly delicious, but it is more like a soft and delicate fragrance. At the beginning I can smell musk, vanilla, and coffee, then as middle notes I can clearly detect ylang-ylang, rose and lily, and at last after a completely drydown, my favorite floral note bursts, peony along with musk and plum.Plus I need to add that the green notes balance this scent to accomplish perfection.

Dawnie
Dawnie

Noa has become a favourite of mine. But when I first put it on in the shop I was really concerned! The inital scent is not what I expected or would normally fancy. It was a bit heavy and had a sour earthiness I did not like. My friend's reaction was the same. But after 40 minutes she turned to me and said 'That's actually really nice. I'm going back to buy it!'It softens to an exotic yet light scent that was described by one male friend as 'your own personal incense'. It's not overly floral and has an intimacy that is appealing - not a scent that leaves a trail behind you. You have to be up close...

milena
milena

Very pleasant feminine perfume.Warm and delicate.Simple and elegant.Beautiful clean floral,a delight to wear.I wore this perfume couple of years ago and I might just buy it again.

guest_angel
guest_angel

This is so beautiful .... wonderfully soft, feminine and classy, very clean notes and lasts really well on me. Delighted to have found another Cacharel fragrance I love! (Big fan of Anais Anais and Lou Lou here, if that's any help.)

alicektn
alicektn

Noa.. The smell of quiet but effective feminine power.

Starts off very milky, and then a beautiful note of Lily comes on the surface. Later it starts getting warmer and sweeter, with a milky aura of discreet coffee and musk, brightened by small hints of green.

Noa is a perfume suitable for all ages.It brings out the innocence of the teenage girl and at the same time the tenderness of the mother.
________________________________________________________

guest_ams
guest_ams

NOA is my absolute favourite!!! Very clean, but complex. Androgyn. Cool in the beginning, but also with a warm core... I use it ever since I got my first bottle at the age of 16. I'm 25 now, and I hope they will never never never stop to produce this one.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Noa is one I got soon after it was introduced in the late 90's, and despite my inherent fickleness and wanderlust when it comes to perfume, this is one I always have on hand. It's light yet complex--definitely green (coriander) and lightly floral (peony) with a hint of sheer musk. Although I don't believe it was intended this way, I would describe it as a bit of a skin scent. It's not ever overpowering and wears close to the body but also lasts all day. It is a lovely, subtle concoction that has stood the test of time. I love it.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I went shopping today and as I passed by the perfume section I decided to try this one on. Looking at the bottle I was expecting something very light and fluffy. But no instead the opening is a little bit unisex but still very nice. Then as it dries down it becomes much more floral and feminime. Nice but not that special.

guest_Vera
guest_Vera

I have a question for all you Noa owners:
Could this bottle ever be closed? I mean is there a way to put it my purse without having it sprayed uncontrollably all over the place? I tried twisting the spray tip, but nothing happens, it's still loose and ready to spray.

perfumista
perfumista

Noa is a nice, silent perfume and a bit addictable.
I've had it but wouldn't buy it again... it is kind of a weird one, in some way

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

I have always wanted to love Noa, with its tender appeal and pretty name...I want to think of doves and pearls and very soft white petals, and I almost convince myself with the bottle and the marketing, until I actually smell the stuff.

It's so mumsy! Noa's like evaporated milk whisked with vanilla and the tiniest hint of sugary white musk, redolent of baby blankets, Farley's rusks, and pastel painted walls with clown stencils on. Wear this and watch your man blow bubbles in food you have to mush up for him, then throw his bottle across the room cause he's tired and full of wind. Just plain weird.

Daria
Daria

It's perfect for the spring/summer wearing,refreshing,easy to wear,young ladys that for you!
I love it!

I have been eager to try Noa for quite some time now, so when I finally spied this fragrance in the shop, it was quite difficult to control my excitement. I was like a child let loose in a candy shop.

My initial response to Noa was that it smelt quite fresh and delicate. Like a good bar of soap or the smell of wet hair just after you've washed it was how Noa smelt to me.

The scent actually didn't change dramatically since those first few seconds. It remained clean, soft and pretty.

Noa certainly isn't a loud and offensive scent, it's rather quiet and unobtrusive. I liked the fragrance, however I couldn't help craving a certain kick or a hint of something slightly different to break this fragrance's silence.

Hours later I got what I was looking for, a waft of a coffee note drifting up from my wrist to my nose. Noa suddenly became a mug of hot coffee with frothy milk breaking the surface. It was the warmth that I desired.

It is the loveliness and subtlety which is part of Noa's widespread appeal. The scent is pleasant and tame, perfect for the fragrance wearer that doesn't want their perfume choice to be the talk of the town. Noa blends in well with any occasion or situation.

If you love the smell of your skin the moment you step out of the shower or the scent of warm milk and cream, this fragrance is definitely for you.

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

Noa is a light vanilla and white musk fragrance, with an almost motherly quality to it. It's so very comforting, it's pure calm in a bottle. It needs to be applied lightly, it loses its charm if sprayed heavily. I have a mini EDT of Noa which allows me to dab the tiniest amount onto my pulse points.
I don't get the coffee note, and I'm glad, because that seems like it would be out of place here. And honestly, NONE of the middle notes seem detectable. Rose? Jasmine? Green grass? Not harsh at all.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

I agree with BluDreamer7806 it made for the spring.I imagine this perfume like a young woman with her dress standing in the green field and the wind blow hair.This scent very tender and very feminine.I love to smell the green scent and musk.Gotta crush on NOA!!

ok,I know so many of you love this fragrance,but I'm not one of those.it doesn't mean that I can't take it.for me this is just average.but I should confess that it has some kind of unique scent that I haven't seen in so many other fragrances.
it starts with a kind of fresh,non-fruity scent which is a bit artificial.I think it should be the mixture of peach and freesia that make me feel this way.actually it's not bad,but I it's not provocative neither.
the middle notes are better.to me the middle notes smell like milk with vanilla.sweet and gourmand without emphasizing on being too sexy;it's just mild and simple.it's not even very feminine.
in fact when I wear it,people don't get any perfume note at all.they just feel something a bit sweet,creamy scent which is like the aroma of human's body and thus not overwhelming.
for me this is interesting that Noa is quite different from all of Cacharel scents.I can call it a challenge.according to the reviews I guess it was a successful challenge.

bhean_sidhe

Perfect for everyday use, smooth, calm... makes you feel really comfortable... well, I could fully appreciate it only when stooped smoking...

Biliana
Biliana

I love this perfume. One day soon I'll buy it again. So tender, feminine and lovely.

As I wrote elsewhere this is a scent I can't quite feel convinced about like many other Cacharel scents. I can't understand why most people describe it as ethereal, light, subtle, not invasive. Are you sure?!? It surely depends on personal perception of smells... I personally never thought Noa was a delicate fragrance. It's very piercing, powdery and loaded with white musk, IMO one of the most intrusive, suffocating and headache inducing notes of last 20 years. White Musk in all its cheap versions has killed my nerves for years. Sexy? No. Maybe motherly and teeny. I love a good Egyptian musk scent, no white. All in all Noa is a pleasant scent, not very classy, more on the cheap side, likely to become dirty on some chemistries.

Trinity
Trinity

Don't be fooled by its innocent appearance!

This little beauty gets noticed and complimented on by men every time I'm wearing it!
Although, the scent is soft and somewhat fairylike, it has the appeal of a true, sensuous woman. Never offending, never loud…but very present and potent! Noa is the perfect weapon for seducing men.

I believe, this fragrance plays with men's fantasy….and getting in to a men's mind, is truly the up most seduction…..

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

Clean, delicate and femenine. It smells good, but a bit boring for me (nothing special).
Perfect for young women who loves fesh fragrances

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

this one shocked me a little as all of the other reviews say this is a soft or gentle smell. to me, it is like coffee breath wafting through a cafe somewhere near a flower shop, but i want to like it. next time, i will only apply a tiny bit.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Nice daytime wear, a good perfume for people who dont like perfume as its very soft and subtle

Mals86
Mals86

Very lovely. I find this one perfect for office wear, or any time I want to smell good but not particularly noticeable. (One does not, for example, wear Pink Sugar or Rumba or Eau de Hadrien or Premier Figuier to a funeral, and even that Little Black Dress of a scent, Chanel No. 5, would be out of place there.)

The florals in this are warm but fresh, and the fruits and green notes are just enough to add lightness. The musk is a gentle skin-scent and the spices add a touch of interest. I don't get much coffee or incense, but perhaps they serve simply to provide depth without sweetness. This one is lovely, classic, feminine, and well-behaved. Suitable for all ages, I think.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Absolutely adorobale! So feminine and warm, woody-floral perfection! It is ageless, anybody could wear Noa, from a 16-year old girl to an older woman.

Each sniff makes me feel amazing! Beautiful fragrance!

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

Absolutely lovely. it is the perfect spring fragrance, because it is delicate, floral and warm. i really don't detect any coffe notes. perhaps musk, a little. not very long lasting, though. you have to spray more in order to last longer.

guest_bufu
guest_bufu

absolutly nice...just love it....

midnight
midnight

coffee, powder, white musk and peony-that's things teddy bears like the most;))
Im using this fragrance for many years.It's very delicate, but sensual perfume.Sometimes i forget i used this one, but with every little wind i can smell this again and it's just fantastic feeling:)
I definatelly recommend this one.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Oh my, this is a delightful little gem of a scent! I picked this up tonight after reading all its reviews. Precious bottle that fits its personality perfectly...

After a white floral opening, Noa turned into a creamy & buttery musk with powdered coffee and traces of rose and ylang-ylang. The musk was soft yet undeniably sexy...

This fragrance is just like the bottle: you think it's just an innocent little pearl inside, but don't be fooled by its demureness!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a very clean yet girly scent. The musk and the green notes give it such a nice soapy fragrance. As it dries you smell a little powder come through. I like the ylang-ylang, I think that is what comes through the most. Like fresh shampoo with incense in the background. A chic hippie scent!

miru
miru

it feels like spring and i usually imagine being worn by a serene, soft-skinned woman with pure thoughts..it`s airy and tender due to lily of the valley which to my way of percepting the perfume, stands out..

star10
star10

this oriental spicy fragrance reminds me initial by boucheron at the beginning.but Noa is more mild,soft,innocent and young. like most of cacharel perfumes that I've smelled,Noa aimes young people.I like it more when it remains on skin for ten minutes and becomes more floral mixed with some green notes and plum.in a sentence:a perfume for all of the seasons!

sjanira
sjanira

Wow! I definitely get the coffee note! this is a soft, feminine and truly unique fragrance. The bottle is so simple to unlike the fragrance which has a lot going on. Everything blends perfectly to create a truly amazing unlike anything I've ever smelled perfume.

Coffee, musk, Peony and coriander. Each of these notes is clear and distinct and somehow they manage to blend together without actually blending. Unusual and fun.

Inani
Inani

yes,this perfume really makes u lovable:)

LauraM
LauraM

Very, very pretty.

Boggi
Boggi

The bottle looks innocent, but what hides inside is another story. This is not a regular flowery perfume, but it has a sweet and strange twist that makes it very sexy. Milky, creamy and smooth. I can not agree that this is a perfume that won't offend some people though. I love it!

XSX
XSX

This is a luminescent and a magical perfume. It radiates with white musk, all flowers and some sweet gourmand notes are perfectly blended, making an extremely sensuous and pleasant fragrance. Feminine and subtle, it leaves a noticeable presence on those around you, it has a great impact,very memorable. Noa will offend no one, give them a headache or noussia that's for sure.Noa Pearl and Fleur are also very beautiful.

guillermostf
guillermostf

It's a great perfume. I like the milky note blending with flowers. Very warm and pure. Do not use with caution (use a lot).

Luciana
Luciana

muy romantico perfume, pero no sale de lo comun. no es especial se puede confundir con otras fragancias

alinaelenasandu
alinaelenasandu

I had loved it till the last drop. It's a fragile, powdery, floral parfum. It's very feminine.

liat
liat

Noa is a tender fragrance, not really aiming to be sexy. It's very subtle, at times it may be addicting, but one may grow bored quite quickly. It's delicate, very floral at first and very calm and musky afterwords, but not too long lasting. Young girls may enjoy the delicacy and deep clean floral scent.

lolo
lolo

very romantic perfume

Mareseis
Mareseis

Noa was my first perfume, I got it for my 16th birthday from my father and I've loved it ever since. That was nine years ago and ever since it's my absolute favorite one. Although I tend to buy lots of perfumes, Noa will always be my signature scent.

Noa by Cacharel 3.74 out of 5 based on 2059 ratings and 286 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Noa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Noa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noa by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noa by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.