Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

I have it: 257 I had it: 347 I want it: 203 My signature: 11

Promesse Cacharel for women Videos
Promesse Cacharel for women Pictures Promesse Cacharel for women Pictures

A refreshingly light and undeniably tender fragrance for incurable romantics from around the world, Promesse is a perfect springtime scent created by the likes of Sophie Labbe and Carlos Benaim for the house of Cacharel.

Like an airy white cloud sometime in mid-April, or maybe a small & tight bouquet of white and pink flowers, Promesse gives its owner a promise - a promise of better, sunnier days ahead; a promise of a fling that might just turn into a life-long, unforgettable romance. Promesse is a floral-fruity scent with dominant accords of orchid and jasmine, intertwined with citrus notes and blackcurrant, laced with woods, amber and musk. Target age group: 15-30 Best for: warm weather use Watch the ad for Promesse at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac6BimEDhWc&NR=1 Promesse was launched in 2005.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Blackberry

Orchid Jasmine Violet

Sandalwood Amber Musk Cedar

Embrace Her
Tentation de Violettes

Promesse Fragrance Reviews

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

Smells like mr. Bubbles from childhood, that is all I can think of every time I smell this fragrance... Amazing the power scent has to our memory bank."..

misstierra05

Anyone that knows of any alternatives or recommendations of similar scents to the fabulous scent, please share. Thanks in advance :)

Here are mine:

Tresor Midnight Rose-Definitely sweeter though. I prefer this more during cooler weather.

I'm still on the hunt for more alternatives. To date, I've tried Jeanne by Jeanne Lanvin and I still prefer Promesse much more.

tovikari
tovikari

This violet bottle was a gift for me. I liked it about two weeks, after it I was just tired of this smell. I don't know which notes became so annoying to me. I've heard that some girls tell this perfume is just like fruity water to them. but I can't agree with them at all! It's very strong, very spicy, very saturated. It has some sour notes that I don't like at all. This smell is very long lasting, and everyone in the room where you sit will feel this smell. I gave this bottle to my mama, but she is not very exited about this perfume too.

Kirasommer
Kirasommer

I had it and wore it all year round, I would (almost) give my left arm to have it again, discovered too late that it was discontinued :(

ash5181
ash5181

I too have been a long-time Promesse devotee. Everything everyone has said below from the happy and nostalgic feeling when wearing it to the adoration from the opposite sex is true. It's the best. I am making this comment since I just tested Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria and it reminded me so much of my beloved Promesse, I thought that might help anyone looking for a replacement. I have several bottles stocked up so haven't needed to buy in years but I hear it's getting hard to find.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It is also available at Superpharm stores, so don't worry girls - we'll survive, it's not gone!:-D

lirael00
lirael00

I bought this when I was 15. It was my first perfume that I've bought by myself with my money. My taste in perfumes had chaneged over the years, so I won't be wearing this anytime soon, but I really loved it back when I was in high school. It's sweet and innocent, so it's very appropriate for young girls (but of course, older ones can still easily wear it, as it's really light and not too sweet). At the time I bought it I didn't care about the notes or lasting power and sillage, it was all about the love from the first sniff and cute pink bottle. Oh, how naive and innocent was I, but it really brings back good memories of my early high school days. One day I'll get another bottle of this, just so I can bring back those memories. So adorable.

1nov
1nov

so romantic .. I love this perfume

Eirlys
Eirlys

Cacharel Promesse is my first true perfume. My parents bought me this as a gift and I totally loved it. Back then, I only used this perfume whenever there was a special occasion (birthday, party, etc) because I was scared that I would finish the bottle and have nothing else to wear. Promesse was my signature perfume for about two years. The longevity is amazing too, I can feel it after 8 hours.

There was this one time when I brought a blanket to school and sprayed this on the blanket. The boys in my class hogged the blanket and kept smelling it, saying that it smelt divine. This perfume is really special to me because I wore it during my early teenage years, and I had so many memories when I wore it. Now, whenever I spray it on, I can't help feeling really happy and nostalgic. I couldn't ask for a more suitable first perfume :)

marush25
marush25

I just love it! If I wear it, its sillage is so strong that anyone would smell it even after 12h. It is sweet-fruity, as I love... and if you are in a bad mood, this perfume will change positively it !!

SugarMartini
SugarMartini

Since this is my signature fragrance I'm going to do my first-ever review on it. I was gutted to find out that they don't make it anymore. Out of all of Cacharel's fragrances Promesse is my absolute favorite. I've received more compliments on it than any other scent I've ever worn. I generally love fruity/gourmand scents and this one is especially lovely.
It's not sickeningly sweet or overbearing either. The longevity and sillage are moderate. On me it opens with a strong berry note, fresh and sweet, with a prominent hint of orchids and then settles into a warm and inviting vanilla, raspberry and cake scent. I only need to spritz it on once in the morning and I can still smell it at the end of the day, albeit faintly. I seem to grow out of scents fairly quickly, but never with this. I've worn it consistently since 2007 and I still haven't tired of it. Also it doesn't smell stale during the hot summer days. I've never found it nauseating or cloying. I used to be able to buy it for around $35, which I thought was a bargain. I'm surprised it never gained in popularity.
Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose is a pretty good substitute, so is Lanvin by Jeanne Lanvin. It's a beautiful scent if you want to feel youthful, vibrant, innocent, sexy and lady-like all at the same time. It would suit women of all ages. I hope they bring it back and soon.

marily
marily

So sweet and fruity,very girly scent!!!! You feel a joy and happiness wearing it.....Suitable for younger ages

sensichéri
sensichéri

you can buy it online at strawberrynet.com

misstierra05

@nitschevo, believe me this is discontinued. I've emailed their customer service. I think they just haven't taken the information for it off of the site.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Hey guys - its still featured on the official Cacharel website so I think it is probably not discontinued?

red gloves
red gloves

Oh my gosh, this lovely fragrance is discontinued :(?

I regularly borrowed it from my mum, till she finally saw my crazy obssession and gave it to me...

It was love at first smell!

butterbean
butterbean

This was a complete blind buy for me...years ago. I was in Macy's and buying something else and the SA talked me into it.

It is very sweet and fruity. I like it but its nothing really "special" so I hardly ever wear it. I put it on today to write this review.

The sandalwood and cedar are ever so faint but at least they are their to add a wee bit of depth. As it dries it gets sweeter on my skin.

Its a nice scent though. I probably should wear it more since I practically have a full bottle and the batch code says it was manufactured in May 2005.

I am shocked that it has been discontinued! it has the vibe of many scents on the market. If you threw some patchouli on this it would almost be La Vie Est Belle w/out pear.

I think I paid under $60 for my 3.4 oz bottle, and now 1.7 oz of this stuff is selling for $190+ on Amazon and Ebay???? whaaaa???

crazysuzy
crazysuzy

I bought it when I was 22. I loved it dearly, and I still think it's a beautiful, delicate unforgettable perfume, but I just don't know when and where should I wear this now. Any tips? :)

rfh
rfh

I received this as a gift from my ex in 2006 i guess..cant really remember, but i remember that i fell in love with it and everyone used to comment about how great i smelled.however, after the breakup i couldnt stand smelling it anymore and cant try it although its been along time and barely remember him even but i think my taste has changed a bit..otherwise its fine nothing special..but many ppl liked it on me dont know why!!

mrsames77
mrsames77

LOVE this!! i hate that it has been discontinued. I used to be able to buy it for around $30. :(

Migalex
Migalex

Contrarily to other people I do not find this perfume sweet at all, nor even fruity. After the opening it is reminiscent to me of Estee Lauder's intuition, with its grapefruit spicylike smell, but much cruder and less subbtler.I n intuition that scent is quite subdued and in a very well achieved balance with the flowers. And while I can grasp Intuition's charm, I am not that successful at it with this one.

ananya20
ananya20

Had such high hopes for this one, but it was was such a heahache inducer! Very cloying fruity sweetness. With monstrous sillage! Gave it away immediately.

Light fruity floral fragrance.

The leading note is the blackberry note mixed with the mandarin note on the musky base.

Nothing special. Another one pink fragrance. Maybe will be suitable for those who like baby doll style, but not my cup of tea.

Claudia Marin
Claudia Marin

Promesse is absolutely beautiful! Smells like forest fruits, flowers and musk. Longevity si pretty good, 5-8 hours; it stays longer if sprayed on hair. Very appropriate for spring, summer time but it is also suitable for winter, black current notes are more intense on cold weather. I received many compliments while wearing this, even from people I did not know! Very young and alluring, gives you a feeling of happiness. Too bad it was discontinued. Tresor Midnight Rose is quite similar although is sweeter than Promesse.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I wore it all 2005!!I liked it a lot and i smelled so black currant and sugary!!!

Jame$mith
Jame$mith

I'm a huge fan!!!

Too bad it's discontinued!!! -(((((((

misstierra05

My all-time favorite fragrance, I really hope they put this back out on the market one day. I'm settling for Lancome's Tresor Midnight Rose at the moment, but the scent doesn't last as long as I would like on me. We miss you Promesse, please come back.

varnyte
varnyte

This perfume is a joyful music. The beginning of a romance, voice of spring, wide smile, romantic love and a beautiful woman, shining like in her motherhood:)

junkfairy000
junkfairy000

Very flirty fragrance! I always recieved compliments, especially from men, when I wore this fragrance. I definitely need to buy this again.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Oh this is mouth watering! Juicy, tart blackcurrent. DELICIOUS!
I don't think it's sugary sweet, it's natural, juicy berrylike sweet.
The opening reminds me of a scandinavian summer. Pretty girls in white dresses, tales of trolls or other forest creatures and berries, loads of berries.
The drydown is very clean and still very berry sweet, and maybe a little bit soapy.

This is definitely a fragrance for younger girls. It's not unique either. But it's nice. And juicy. Perfect for a summer's eve when the warmth of the sun still lingers in the air, but the chill of the night has allready settled down on the grass.
I like it, but not enough to buy it. It makes me think of fairy tales, but I allready have a perfume that does exactly that, but better.
CHERRY BLOSSOM by L'OCCITANE. Their fragrances are in no way alike, but to me, their spirit is.

stillsummer
stillsummer

all time favorite fragrance. Its very pretty and girly.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a sample. I didn't like the fragrance, it became sour on me. Overall it may be pleasant, just not on me. Honestly, I didn't notice something unusual in it, notes seemed promising though. What I liked the most were woody notes and blackberry. It was a fresh fragrance, bright one.

Reminds me of YSL Parisienne

olga1780
olga1780

For those who are missing Promesse and can't find ir for a reasonable price. Try Jeanne but Lanvin or Lovely D'or by Kristel Saint Martin...they are both very similar to Promesse. Although I favor Lovely D'or for its sillage and longevity.

estker
estker

you can buy it at Target online for a reasonable price

jadaray
jadaray

I stocked up on it a few years ago and on last bottle. $150 on EBAY???? give me a break! It is an AMAZING scent and I get compliments from men AND women of all ages. It is a wonderful scent, but I can't believe they have discontinued it and are charging an unfair price for it now. :(

dfwag2011

I've had this fragrance for about 4 years now (same bottle). When I got it as a gift, I found it to be a rather generic fruity-floral: young, naive, and too sweet.

After rediscovering it recently, however, I've found the woods hidden beneath that citrusy, berry-y nectar!!! And that makes me very happy. So while some perfumes need to hit the trash can after a couple years, this one just gets a lot better.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

My best friend's favorite perfume. The berry-ish sweetness smells real nice on her. But i wouldn't suggest to wear it in a place with lots of people cause the sweet notes can annoy one.

P.S Do they still make it?? I don't remember seeing it in stores :((

vallin

varning - its for sweet perfumes lovers - way too sweet and "berrish"

vallin

absolutely love it. its so feminine - smell of happiness. commersial fits smell very good i think. very unusual smell kind of romantic and sexy.

vallin

absolutely agree with review before

abigail5328
abigail5328

Promesse is super sweet like berries dipped in sugar!
Sweet, romantic, charming, juicy, fruity, flirty, delicious, cheerful, summery fragrance!
Promesse opens with a very strong blast of delicious mouth watering juicy, slightly tart berry’ness!
A beautiful combination of sweet fruits and soft florals. Very well balanced. The black current note is the most prominent.
The sillage and longevity are both great! I can still smell this softly on my skin hours later.
Any age can wear this, not just young teens. This is my mum’s signature scent who is 50+.
An excellent fragrance for the spring/summer!
Lovely bottle too!

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Bought a bottle second hand ,and tried it once. Top notes smelled similar to Hot Coutoure by Givenchy or Trish McCavoy Blackberry & Musk #9,berryish despite what the "notes" say.Mid-notes were floral and okay. Basenotes were cedar dominant woodsy-musky, compareable to Escada Sport Country Weekend,or With Love by Hillary Duff.
I like Promesse but it isn't a Holy Grail(must have forever) for me (and it is for a co-worker of mine).

misslovely
misslovely

I used to love this perfume so much a few years ago. It is soft, sweet, fresh, delicate, pretty, light, breezy and romantic. I think I used four bottles of it. If you like light, fresh yet somewhat sweet, I think you would like this perfume. I highly recommend it.

I agree with Kazorwaman in all points :)

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

Well...Teenage-parfume...Nothing special for me.
Fresh at the opening, but too much sweetness and jasmine, I think I dont like much :) Soapy smell at the dry-down ... :( Not my cup of tea...

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

I bought PROMESSE when it was first released in 2005 and to this day it remains among my favorite fruity floral scents. It is lovely, fun, and romantic at the same time. It is like wearing very girly but elegant summer dress with cheerful pink floral design. It is surely not very complex, or formal scent but this kind of scent I want to wear when I feel like dancing up a storm on a dance floor with my man.

PROMESSE opens with the fresh citrus and then transforms into lovely, very berry, slightly tart and sweet blackcurrant scent. I love blackcurrants and berry scents in general and I find this one very lovely. The gentle orchids are the heart of the fragrance. They are subtle but nevertheless very beautiful. The scent is close to the skin but it lasts for at least 5 hours.

If you love fruity floral notes and looking for easy to wear, pretty and chic scent then this one might fit the bill. My friends and family seem to enjoy this scent too. I love wearing it to the parties. (My overall score is 9/10)

maddame
maddame

It's a bit too lemony for me at first, but after half an hour or so it develops into a warm, flowery scent. The jasmine is not too overwhelming.

The longevity is great. I got loads of compliments when using this perfume. It doesn't wear me like some other perfumes and has a great chemistry with my skin.

A good scent for the summer.

lilou
lilou

I just say I like it because it's not so creative. It smells like Feerie-Van Cleef and Arpels. Very nice bottle, charming, lovely but not surprising. If you like sweets you will like it. For young women.

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

My, what a charming fragrance this is! Sweet as a young girl's blush, innocent as a one's belief in love. Cute, caressing, and caring. Blackcurrants drenched in sugary syrup. Jasmine softly singing in your heart's ear. It is easily one the best floral-fruity perfume launched in the market, ever.

It is sweet, yes it is, but not in a nauseating way. It is soft and fresh, youthful and sparkling, and i think it is perfect for any woman, regardless of age.

The best thing about this gorgeous perfume is its longevity. I can't believe just how long lasting it is.It stays with you like a sweet memory, forever.

I love, love, love,this scent, and I would recommend to anyone who wants to remain sweet and young at heart. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 five hearts for this beautiful scent.

Rosaflor
Rosaflor

I really really like this perfume.. It's so good!! I wish all floral fruity fragrances were like this, BALANCED!! Delicious! A little bit sweet, not too much, I would say "Sweet enough", super super feminine and so romantic!! You can't go wrong with this! It's so long lasting, even for an EDT!!

LaPetite
LaPetite

I was surprise to love this one, because it's less complex than most Cacharel , really not the best Cacharel , but still love it .
Very floral ,cheerlful and romantic , great in spring , but also in winter to cheer one up before gong to job !
Like some user i think it's better on younger people.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Sweet, girly and feminine. Good for younger girls or the young at heart. Great and not so expensive.

zecheiroso

Top ****
Heart *
Base **
Final score **

Minireview from a partial wearing, after trying this one I realized I don't like floral notes. Specially that orchid.
The top notes are pretty good, though.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I used to love this wonderful fruity-light powdery scent.
Definitely detectable the orchid note (fortunately dominant), the mandarine is quite invisible but it is also detectable if we pay attention to it.
Lasting power is good. The bottle is very nice.
This very sophisticated, not overly sweet frag is ideal for young adults. I think I'm too matured wearing it any more,so I hope I'll find a new home for it soon.

guest_Joanakehdi
guest_Joanakehdi

Esse perfume é demaisssss...
Promesse é um perfume para mulheres românticas, meigas e delicadas.

guest_karina
guest_karina

I love this fragance.
Is so magical, the bottle is so delicate, and the fragance is so femenine and elegant.
I don´t know why they stop making this perfume.

I love it!!!!!

guest_ria
guest_ria

love it's scent femme, fresh, I always get good compliments whenever i use it. Sad to hear that they already stop making promesse..

melia
melia

I had a few ml of it, 3 years ago or so.. The only thing I remember of it is that it was VERY sweet, and that once I sprayed one single spray from it and someone noticed immediatly, even standing a few meters away from me.

falovalo
falovalo

Fuzzy blackberries? That's what this makes me think of; blackberries covered up in an itchy, fuzzy blanket. The berries and the other notes are somehow muted, but it's an enjoyable, light-hearted fragrance. Beautiful bottle too.

happygolucky
happygolucky

i wore this fragrance two years ago. i used to love it, especially because of its durability. i wore it in the morning, and i still got compliment for my scent in the afternoon.

i stop wearing this since my dad dislike this scent so much. i still have half of the bottle, but i can't use it anymore 'cause recently the scent start to smell differently. it makes me really dizzy. the scent is too sweet and it just not suits me.

mini87
mini87

i just love this fragrance.to me,it is a light,fizzy perfume,with lots of raspberry in it,perfect for everyday wear.just lovely!

fragaga
fragaga

This is a fragrance for a very feminine and romantic but yet natural woman.
It's sweet and floral but it's fruity notes make it somehow natural.
The blaccurrent aroma is not only sweet but also slightly bitter and sourish. To me it also smells a little bit woodsy, which gives the natural effect.
It's a happy making perfume. If you liked Dior Addict 2 or Gucci EdP II, you might like this one as well.
The lasting power is quite good for such a light scent, about 10 hours on my skin.

miszliz
miszliz

i got this one but i almost never use it.remember wearing it outside in snowy cold days gaves me lovely warm memories
but it really doesnt work for me in the summer.. than it turns way too sweet
though it is longlasting on me but
i self doesnt smell it after a while
thats why i have to be carefull not
spray too much. i got the edp.
i think its a nice perfume if you
spray only a very litte lightly on your
skin that goes to have you smell twice
than it turns in to an addictive scent.

This fragrance is really pretty.

A delicate balance of soft florals and sweet fruits. It's light, sweet and creamy all wrapped into one.

The scent is a little synthetic, however that doesn't bother me. My initial impression of Promesse was a good one, and I'm rather surprised that this fragrance has slipped under the radar.

Although you probably won't find this scent to be overly outstanding or unique, there is something about it which is very appealing. I can't exactly come to a conclusion about what it is that I like about Promesse, but I know for sure that I am impressed.

guest_Kasia
guest_Kasia

I adore it!!! It's perfectly feminine and innocently seductive... I have also been soo many times ci=omplimented thanks to this fragrance, I think it is my fragrance soulmate:)

guest_lucy
guest_lucy

I have to agreed with SJANIRA, I love this perfume and hate the fact that is no longer available locally. I have received many compliments when ever I wear it..... also can any one tell me the difference from EDP and EDT?? thanks

hena a
hena a

i like this one.
sweet and light.
maybe too light though, doesnt last that long.

guest_asj
guest_asj

Mi colonia por antonomasia!!! es de las pocas que se fijan en mi piel durante mucho tiempo y mucha gente me ha dicho ya lo bien que huelo cuando la llevo!!

Aunque he leído que se usa más en verano que en invierno, en mi opinión la veo para el frío y algo menos dulce e intenso como alguna de moschino para verano.

ariadna
ariadna

This perfume is a little too sweet for my taste.Otherwise, I'm trying to know him...it's flavour is like a beautiful smile:)

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

Sweet , but lovely ......i like it , stays on skin very long and soft

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

I gave it to my 12 year old sister as it was a bit too sweet and airy for me.

guest_Neecee
guest_Neecee

I love love love this fragrance. I am so upset that Cacharel is not making it anymore. I have worn it since it first debuted in 2005 and have had tons of compliments when I wear it....more than any other scent.

mamamia
mamamia

nothing special just an ordinary perfume for teenagers sweet sweet sweet and a bit synthetic.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Typical pink fragrance. Not too sweet and not long lasting. Nothing dpecial, wearable perfume for teens and young ladies.

angelahta
angelahta

This is a delicious fragrance, but not long lasting for me.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

This smells great at first but fades quickly so I got bored and gave it away. Has a soft sweetness, not too sickly, fruits and flowers. Nice but gone in a flash. Pity.

Althea
Althea

It says jasmine and orchid dominate, but all I get is violet and it is not even in composition. Anyway - great for girls not for women, lasts long at least on the testing paper :) sweet, floral, nice.

rieuse
rieuse

This is a very romantic refreshing scent. I have some special memories connected to it so probably this is why I love it. I prefer Promesse EDP over EDT because it lasts much longer.

ladysuean
ladysuean

sweet, sexy fragrance

guest_Hana
guest_Hana

It smells like berries and is suitable for teens. So sweet and fun!

Sicily
Sicily

Jasmine and rasberries. I personaly find it over-rated. Just average, sickeningly sweet fruity-floral with citruses on top, but jasmine seems to dominate citruses. Sweet and ordinary, one of those modern, synthetic, trendy scents, and its giving me a headache. Lovely bottle.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

It's very romantic, fresh, and cute. And by cute, I mean very young and innocent. I think I'd have to agree that this scent is for teenagers. It almost has a Barbie kind of feel to it. However, I do love this fragrance. I am a teenager after all :)

Promesse by Cacharel 3.79 out of 5 based on 440 ratings and 83 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Promesse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Promesse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Promesse by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Promesse by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.