Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 470 I had it: 204 I want it: 415 My signature: 12

honey
Scarlett Cacharel for women Pictures Scarlett Cacharel for women Pictures

Scarlett arrived on the market in July 2009, as a perfume dedicated to feminine heroine from the movie "Gone with the wind" - Scarlet O'Hara, as well as to actress Scarlett Johansson. Three famous perfumers worked on this creation: Honorine Blanc, Olivier Cresp and Alberto Morillas. The fragrance includes: jasmine, orange blossom, honeysuckle, citruses, tea leaves, pear, white musk and sandalwood. The flacon was designed by Christophe Pillet.

Amalfi Lemon Tea Pear

Jasmine African Orange flower Honeysuckle

Musk Sandalwood white honey

Anais Anais

Scarlett Fragrance Reviews

khalid al mudares
khalid al mudares

I gifted this perfume to my daughter for she loved this perfume and when i smelt it i found it soft, feminine and lasts for good time though its silage is not good.but i think is a nice floral perfume for lovely ladies.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

It has a really romantic, rich smell. I can imagine my grandmother wearing this perfume when she was young

hohohosan

today i smell burberry london and realize scarlett and london are really smilar. jasmine and honeysuckle are very dominant notes in both perfumes. i like them:)

hohohosan

scarlett is a young lady wearing a dress in a sunny summer day.she is a romantic girl.she feels like happy and everything makes her smile.this is how cacharel scarlett makes me think when i first sniff it.i see this young lady in my mind:)
now, scarlett is not a too complicated scent.it is perfect for floral lovers and i think summer+spring+autumn are suitable for this perfume.winter?no,scarlett is weak for winter.
anyways,i realy like honey and honeysuckle.therefore i love this fragrance.enjoy it!!

Nadia80
Nadia80

I experienced something strange with this perfume. When I first tested Scarlett, I really loved it: it smelled sweet (but not too sweet), juicy/citrusy, warm, classy, sensual, romantic, and very feminine. However, after wearing it a few times, I noticed some strong and sharp note. I stopped wearing it because I didn't like this note and because I thought this type of smell was more suitable for older women. The following months, the bottle stayed closed... After trying it again, I didn't smell that nasty note anymore and I received several compliments about this perfume. I'm not sure about the reason for this change... Maybe my skin chemistry changed (I became a vegetarian in the meantime, maybe that has something to do with it, though that didn't really effect how other perfumes smell on me) or maybe the scent lost some of its power? Anyway, I'm glad I like it again, but I will not buy another bottle.

nazaksay
nazaksay

It's a romantic perfume and it reminds me the spring days. I like it very much.

This one is not one of my favorites at all. I like the lemon and tea notes in it but the combination of musk and white flowers doesn't work for me in this one. I find those notes too overpowering. I can sense lily of the valley in it (it is not mentioned) and I really don't like something that smells like lily of the valley in fragrances.
There is also something very synthetic about it.

bindeebel
bindeebel

Love the retro art deco style lid. This perfume is a little surprise packet - its a tad quirky does dry down nicely after a few unusual top notes. Not overly advertised but worth a try. I do find its not very long lasting not like other Cacharel scents.

joan100
joan100

I quite like this perfume. It may be fruity/floral with a lot of sweetness but unlike many this doesnt smell as cheap has good lasting power and projection so a couple of sprays are normally enough. I recently brought the 35ml for less than £10. Good value for money.

honeyhingco
honeyhingco

This was my mom's perfume (she's in her 40's) and I was lucky enough that she let me try it a few times. It's a potent, flirty perfume considering that I live in a tropical country. IMO you'll either love it or hate it, no gray areas. I'm not really sure if guys would like this type of scent on their girl, maybe it works for some. I like light, fresh scents and this doesn't fit the bill for me. I believe this perfume doesn't match my personality too. I think this will suit more like a foxy, feisty type of woman, someone with a strong character. It's not something I would buy for myself but it's not that bad too. As they say, "Different strokes for different folks". On the other hand, it's quite a unique scent and I think it's not commonly sold in stores in our country so it's kinda special. All in all I give this 2.5 out of 5 stars.

adodi84
adodi84

i get it as a gift from dad on my birthday ... i never try it befor but when smell it .... feelling wooooooow ..... in love with scarlett

bahartu
bahartu

It is very romantic, light and safe perfume for daily use.A good mixture of jasmine and pear.Like it:))

Nessy
Nessy

My scent for spring. Such a lovely bottle(but a little bit retro, and a box too, but I love it), such a great composition.
In my skin is a true honeysuckle, very natural, with musky undertones. Fresh enough, sweet enough, just perfect for casual days, with pastel tone clothes. Beautiful on my 57 years old mother's skin too.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I remember testing it when it came out in 2009. Back then I didn't really like it nor did I hate it. A few days ago I worked late and had a meeting with a friend right after leaving the office. I needed a little pick me up and searched my purse because I always carry a little sample or something with me. Funny enough I found a Scarlett sample - oh well, I thought, Upon first sprizz I was in love completely! Obviously my nose or taste has changed. But to be fair I like a lot of perfume and it really depends on my mood as well. But this one is a gem and not only for young girls. I'm 27 by the way. Its fresh with a delicate sweet touch to it and the flowers come out really nice. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and definitely have this on my wish list now. It's not offensive but people notice you plus for me there's no smell that really compares to it. But that's just my opinion (and body chemistry) of course. :)

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

It's a lovely jasmin scent blended with honey and pear on me. This scent makes me think of a watered down jasmin note of Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. While AEA's mixed jasmin note is too strong for my taste, Scarlett is easier to be apprieciated. It's a youthful and innocent fragrance for spring and summer. It's the carefree Scarlett O'Hara before the war IMHO. The longevity is about 4h and the sillage very close.

Actually it's the bottle that made me so curious. It's girly but in an elegant way. The relief on the bottle is so romantic.

mariana7945
mariana7945

i smelt this perfume a few days ago and i loved it. it was the first time i smell it and y liked it so much. its going to be the next perfume im gonna buy

romanticfae
romanticfae

this is a pretty perfume if a little tart to start off with however as it drysdown it smells delicate but not too sweet a very romantic perfume.
the first date perfume when yes you will let him kiss you but the promise of more is for later., a teaparty of kisses, its charming in its innocent allure.
however it took me a while to warm up to it as that beginning makes my nose burn just a little so put it on ten minutes before you leave

jivaswood
jivaswood

I really like Scarlett. It's a version of Anais Anais for the XXI century.
The most prominent notes are juicy and ripe pear + jasmine+ honeysuckle. The modern Scarlett O'Hara leaves behind all excess and exaggeration and focuses on small details, delicacies. It's a pleasant scent, it's worth having.
The bottle is amazing, with flowers resembling anemones and ancient prints of Cacharel. A breakthrough, while referring the past. In the decade in which it was produced, other floral fragrances were launched, especially with white flowers notes. Regarding the others, this is probably one of the most successful in both aspects (design and scent).

PS: I believe that despite the quality, Scarlett isn't a sales success.

Scent:

3,5*/ 5*

Bottle:

4*/5*

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

This one is by far one of my favorites.. it is simply a great fragrance.. super feminine.. sweet, but not like candy, fresh and juvenile but not like a teenager scent, it is bright, sparkling, but not in a striking way...It's just adorable.. I feel very comfortable with it.. I could smell it all day.. A lot of good compliments about it.. Good sillage and longevity too.. I love this perfume... But I'm having problems to find it now, don't know if it's discontinued or something.. I almost finish my bottle now.. I'm a little worried about it.

Prunella212
Prunella212

I bought this perfume without thinking too much and honestly I do not find it as beautiful as the bottle is cute and the big cover too, except it's a bit much for my taste and the smell is too strong I do not wear it since I bought it I put three or four times, the bottle is always full. Sorry for my english I am french

gabygol
gabygol

Lovely and romantic. I have the deodorant spray too and it makes it last longer. I love the honeysuckle and the jasmine mix with some lemond on it. It's sweet enough but not sickeningly sweet; it's fresh but not like a musk, it's soft but has character. Ideal at anytime. Just timeless.The best thing Cacharel has done in decades.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

This one seems to get a bit of hate on here and I can't work out why! To me, this is a great girly fragrance. I wore this out clubbing when I was 18-19. Perhaps in hindsight, it's not dark enough for nighttime but at the time it was fun, girly and pink - exactly what I was after. This is certainly not too sweet for my nose - I almost get a tartness from it. The sort of tartness you get in cranberries. Sweet but also tart.

elenamldv
elenamldv

Too sweet. I loved it on my friend but on me it's too sweet maybe because i got the perfume and not the toilette. But I loved it not anymore.

boutlagh
boutlagh

love the bottle, but the scent has nothing special.suitable for young ladies though

kwarnst
kwarnst

This scent feels very young to me, very young and very innocent. It feels like an ideal first fragrance for a young girl. Sweet, but not too sweet. Flowery, romantic, soft and very gentle… Nothing sexy, seductive, or overpowering.
I can detect flowery notes, especially honeysuckle and jasmine, but in a very gentle and modest way. Jasmine can be very heady and overpowering, but not so in Scarlett! Another very present note is the honey, sweet and warm, covering the flowers with a comfortable blanket.
I tend to like this scent, but I have the feeling that it is too young for me and I don’t feel comfortable wearing it.
This scent has very little sillage, it stays very close to the skin, emphasizing the romantic feel. The longevity is weak to moderate on my skin.
The bottle is very beautiful.

BriiBunny95
BriiBunny95

I love this perfume! The bottle is so beautiful and delicate and so is the scent. I always use this perfume for parties and special dinners, i also enjoy using it in fresh spring days and when i'm wearing dresses or a pretty skirt.

I got it as a gift from my dad on my 14th birthday and i still have it, i love it so much that i don't wanna run out of it :(

It's a very good perfume for young girls, who are looking for something classic, feminine and girly instead of heavy, musky and sexy fragrances.

My boyfriend loves this perfume because it's the one i always used when we first started dating ;) it works like wonders!

Migalex
Migalex

This does smell of common musk and honey. It is the scent I know which smells most of common musk, not white or egyptian musk. It smells very animalic, and it has a sort of sweaty dirty edge I do not find very pleasant or even attractive although I do happen to find that type of character attractive in other fragrances. A thing which surprises me is that I find the opening very soapy, and I do like that a lot. Overall though, I do not find this scent that special, although I do recognize in it a certain uniqueness.

piapedersen
piapedersen

To be honest, I bought this for the flacon. I do that a lot. But rarely have I seen such beauty and I felt an overwhelming urge to hold it in my hands and felle the structure of the fake ivory top. I simply had to have it on my (over the years quite large) shelf. Gorgeous bottle! Luckily, I also like this fragrance: sweet, fruity and innocent - not really what I expected, but a nice surprise.

Marilulu
Marilulu

Lo primero que me atrajo fue el envase con forma de cajita musical de marfil. El perfume maah! no tiene nada fuera de lo común. Notas cítricas al comienzo se destacan más que cualquier otra cosa, apenas se puede oler la pera y el te. Lo siento pero para mi es igual que cualquier otra fragancia genérica.

pri_alip
pri_alip

If anyone ever told me "hey, try this fragrance, it smells like honey" I'd say "NO WAY! I'll never go for that!". Then I stumbled upon Scarlett. Yes, there is honey there. But it doesn't bother me! It's fruity, and both scents mix together beautifully. I still find it very intriguing and unique - don't know any other fragrance that resembles this. I totally love it.
Not to mention its incredible bottle and package. Elegant and feminine, a true work of art!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I dont know why but to me it smells like a big, beautiful bouquet of RED roses and not jasmine flowers haha!

I usually dont like "floral-frags" that much, but this one has a veeeeerrrrrry pleasant scent to it.
It's simple and beautiful.

"Young" girls would love it, I think.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

It's been a while since I tested this but my overall impression is that it's not bad, just nothing special either. Sweet, subtle, clean and a little old fashioned but not in a bad way.. Just differs from most perfumes out these days. Doesn't last long too.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This smells very floral, fruity & watery. I smell the white floral notes & the pear. This is very girly. I agree with another reviewer that is it "delicious and mouthwatering!" Its fresh as well. Perfect for spring & summer. Very nice. Oh & cute bottle :)

Part of the perfume family Valentina, Scarlett, Cosmic Radiance and Radiance! Love all 4!!

madam_dallas_multipass
madam_dallas_multipass

It had such a nice bottle that I tried it on me at the store and... I totally hated the smell, to make things worse, it lasted on me for hours and I didn't know how to get rid of this unpleasant suffocating sweetness.

emiana
emiana

delicate white flower..its perfume is clean...

virjo
virjo

es riquisimo! huele como flores y como frutas a la vez, como citricos. siempre que me lo pongo y voy a algun lado me lo elogian. yo lo usaba todo el año cuando salia con un chico y siempre me acuerdoo de esos momentos cuando me pongo el perfume, es verdad que "nariz boleto al pasado" como dicen. es mi perfume favorito

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

Tried Scarlett yesterday, I had it on my "want" list after reading the notes and reviews, and i got the chance to sample it.
It's lovely, smells like honey sweetened pear tea with a overtone of jasmine. I think it's an interesting perfume, very gentle, feminine, it's a close-to-the-skin type of perfume, and it has an almost summery aura to it. But on the downside it doesn't last more than 2 hrs!!! Why? It's such a nice smell, and i would like to keep it on my want list, but with such short duration(and not a good projection either)I'm not shore if it's worth the money. i don't know why, but this is the second Cacharel that doesn't last on my skin. I also liked Noa but it literally vanished after 1 hr. :( Too bad.
I mean don't get me wrong i would still like to have it in my collection, maybe as a gift, but for now it's a just "like".
Fragrance: 8/10
Sillage : 7/10
Projection : 7/0
Lengevity : 6/10

mufidal
mufidal

light an girlie - just my taste!

How typical!!! Only now do I see that Scarlett and Valentina have the same noses: Olivier Cresp and Alberto Morillas!
No wonder they are so alike... It is a typical 'formula already existing, but making it a tiny bit different with a twist'!
Well, not complaining, I think they are both gorgeous!

I really love Valentina, I really do, but I must say it is quite expensive! Today I looked at my bottles and saw Scarlett and thought, wait a minute, is this not a bit like Valentina? I sprayed it on and I must say, it really is!! Not saying exactly, but a true sister for sure!! I will be wearing Scarlett today, just to know a bit better the bottle I already had for so long..

Kione
Kione

Flowery, pink, nice; unsurprising.

Hugsncuddles
Hugsncuddles

I bought this perfume today, I'm actually quite surprised by how many people seem to dislike this scent. It's very sweet and really reminds me of an innocent girl in her young twenties sitting in a flower field, on a nice summer day. I personally really like it and think it's very suitable for young girls up to women in their early twenties (I'm 24 years old myself).
It has a real summer feel to it. When I first put it on the scent is very sweet, almost edible like sweet fruitgum. The dry down of it reminds me very much of Yves Rocher Naturelle, which smells nearly identical, this scent is just slightly sweeter.
Overal this is one of my favorite perfumes sofar.

m4
m4

Gorgeous scent. Pretty for girls. I smell pear and lemon with honey. That´s happy, sweet scent. LOVE it.

perfumery123
perfumery123

very light slightly sweet floral, doesn't last long and the smell is faint too xx

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I usually don't think of a certain age group in regards to perfumes, but this was just very young on me. Actually, young in a sense that it felt like a perfume that hadn't yet ripened, like young fruit and flowers not fully in bloom yet (yet oddly still very very sweet). I couldn't pick up any notes and it vanished on my skin in a matter of minutes! Nice smell when first spritzed, zero longevity.
I'm sure it is a very nice scent on some people, I traded it for a bottle of Diamonds and Rubies and the woman was very pleased with it, I can see it suiting others who do well with very sweet fruity florals, they never go over well on me.

noninoni
noninoni

I liked the smell of this in the bottle but unfortunately it did not work well with my body chemistry

jazzallil
jazzallil

The reason why i bought the purse size, is a special skill of this perfume: time travel. When I first sprayed it to my wrist, i felt like I go back to the bittersweet spring and summer of 2008. I was hopelessly in love back then :). I adore the top notes - really really girly, fruity-floral but in a good way. Perfect spring scent - cool, innocent, like you are in a blooming garden in a may evening. Too bad, that the top notes fading away quickly, anyway the heart and the base is pretty - musky, slightly sweet and powdery on me.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

In one word: innocent. Kind of soft and flowery. I can't see an old elegant woman wearing it at all. But is nice for sweet girls that want some girly and not complex fragrance. Not for me.

mjloria
mjloria

I got this as a gift from my mom, and i like this perfume very much, but i don't reach for it often and i didnt know why The note you can smell the most is pear, and it's really fresh and springy and has this vintage feel, but even tho it's so fresh i find it overpowering at times, and when i read the reviews here i discovered what it was- it does have a slightly synthetic smell.
Now the good thing about it is that my boyfriend LOVES it, every single time i wear it he says i smell so good. i don't know why or what note is it but men love it, a lot of guy friends have complimented on it-and not a single girl,kind of funny.
lasting power is average, sillage is pretty good.

Anajuli
Anajuli

Simply perfect! Sweet, but yet with that je ne sais quoi wich gives it such an interesting character. I would wear it every day, but I'm mean with it ;) And the bottle is amazing!! 5/5.

Niquitaa
Niquitaa

the first time i sprayed it I quite liked it and thought it was very sweet but unique.
when i started spraying it daily it seemed to make me more and more sick , giving me huge headaches.
it is a cheap synthetic smell. if someone passed me wearing it, id probably puke.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

To me this is more a fragrance Scarlett O'Hara would wear rather than Scarlett Johansson. It's something I can identify with the understated elegance of the South in "Gone With The Wind".

Honeysuckle is the first thing I smell, comfortably resting on a bed of honey (very, feminine and soft) Then a pinch of orange and tea and -finally- in the dry-down a trail of elegant jasmine with pear. All these notes are supported and warmed up with sexy base notes of musk and sandalwood (more musk than sandalwood to me.)

A beautifully breezy yet warm summer scent, or pretty evening scent. Despite the pear, honey and orange notes, to me it's floral not gourmand. It's seductive without being 'sexbomb sexy' but rather pretty and elegant sexy.

Silage is: "I am not gone with the wind!" -- Longevity is great: 6+ hours. Another sexy Cacharel; this time in a 'wedding cake' bottle that you will either like or curse for being too round and awkward. The lacey pattern is pretty and the juice is worth dealing with the bottle ; )

jensscarlett
jensscarlett

My sister bought this for me ONLY because my daughter is named Scarlett, and she thought it was cute. But I just love it so much. I usually wear a different perfume to go with my moods, but I find myself wanting to wear this everyday. Love it!!! And I think the bottle is so interesting and beautiful.

Caela
Caela

This is such an unusual scent! I LOVE it though. I find its really great for romantic wear, and cen be both a day time and night time scent. Just makes me feel really feminine- with out being to sweet.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Feminine, cute, sweet...romantic. It's a cute scent' I think for casual ware since is soft. At first, very sweet & fruity. At time passes you can smell the flowers & the honey. You end up with a musky lovely smell that's just soooo pretty. It's not an impressive frag, but definitively a very pretty one. And the bottle is very cute! (++++)

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I bought the purse size of this today and was surprised how nice it is with a similar pear smell to j'adore, but not as strong. Reading all the other reviews just goes to show how different everybody is as I would definitely buy the full size of this one. This is the kind of skin scent that your boyfriend of husband would like. Subtle enough to just smell when close and after six hours, I can still smell it. Lovely!

whiten
whiten

I just tried it today ,I don't remember trying it before. I like it... not overly heavy yet very noticeable. I can understand the comments where they say it's girly, it comes from the sweetness of it, but I didn't find that sweetness offensive, and I don't like sweet perfumes much. it is light, not a bad silage and I can see myself wearing it in colder months as well. I should try it again of course, this is just my first impression.

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

Saw the purse pack and have been interested to smell this perfume, especially after reading the mixed reviews.

I like this floral. Hardly groundbreaking but lovely scent. MMMMMMMMMMM. It makes me feel pretty.
On my skin it lasts and runs the full story;
Pear, Citrus, Jasmin (I also smell Roses even though there's no rose note listed), Sandalwood & maybe Honey

fragrantica333
fragrantica333

when i pray it..1st the tea n jasmine really comfort me.. i have to buy it.. but 5minutes later it gives me nothing but sweet notes..
my husband loves it though. i love him spraying it just before he goes to work, so i get the tea n jasmine only..

trollet
trollet

Love the smell,but on me it disappered in 1 hour. The bottle is cute, but watch out, it's mostly lid and not so much bottle.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Sweet and floral, with a base of soft musk and a little fruity.
Quite nice and warm. But not for me. It reminds me too much of my grandmother's house (I think it's the combination of heavy sweet flowers, honey and a very light medicinal scent). Not that it's a bad scent, quite the contrary, but I associate the fragrance with kind old ladies, old fashioned furniture and pink and white lace draperies, and I don't want to smell like any of that.
Ah, well, it's very hard for me to find a floral fragrance I love, so it's really no surprise I'm no big fan of Scarlett.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

Wow! I don't think I have ever seen such a mix of good, bad and indifferent reviews on a fragrance, yet I can totally relate.

Like so many of you, I purchased this one based on the exquisite packaging, (looks like a dessert) the captivating name, (which I associated more with the "color"rather than the people) and the fascinating red juice inside the exquisite packaging.(never seen perfume that color) Need I say more?

Put a rather unremarkable, been there, done that, sweet, fruity, floral in exquisite packaging, give it a fab name and color and what happens? IT SELLS!

I have owned and loved many Cacharel fragrances,(most of which are brilliant) however, In the case of "Scarlett" by Cacharel, I'm afriad the brilliance is all just a bunch of outer fluff.

dasjenige
dasjenige

overall nice, but strongly and obviously synthetic; got a 5 ml tester, been wearing it for 3 days now, but would not purchase a full bottle - just because the synthetic notes are way too prevailing.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I was really looking forward to testing this one as it is named after Scarlett O'Hara.
well, well......sweet floral with strong synthetic notes. strong jasmine and magnolia (not listed) are the two strongest notes here. I find this perfume kind of strange smelling. the ingredients combination is off; it's just not that appealing for my taste.

Yessamin
Yessamin

Me encanta! es un perfume muy fresco y dinámico. Muy vibrante en general. Yo creo que es para una mujer con chispa e inquieta. Me gusta mucho como queda en mi piel, pero la fijación no es de las mejores.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Scarlett is neither woody nor musk.
Scarlett is slightly floral with a strong medicinal-herbal-fruity opening and mossy-honey drydown.
I did like the first 5 minutes of opening and was actually setting my expectations high and had high hopes but got deeply disappointed because I was so looking forward to smell honeysuckle, pear and tea :-(
I got none of these. I can't even think of an olfactive group this freak amongst all other perfumes could possibly belong to...
I am glad I did not blind buy it as I would be regretting it later.
The notes sound like a perfect combo of fruity floral notes but the whole composition smells rather repulsive :-(
And when I noticed that the three magnificent noses worked on this fragrance to bring us something brilliant that in reality simply doesn't deliver - I could not believe this!
As much as I wanted to love this one - my both thumbs down.
Period.

doodoowap
doodoowap

Great perfume! Suitable for all kinds of women. Love the jasmine base and how it dries down at the end.

Some reviews talk about a girly scent... I think it's the opposite, the smell of a young woman, confident, with a charming allure. The bottle is precious and it reminds me of vintage cosmetics.

Tovah
Tovah

This is pretty - especially the bottle, and I'll probably purchase it one of these days. I think it should be called "Melanie" (another Gone With The Wind character). Melanie was loving, sweet, pretty, and generous. This feminine, gentle fragrance suits her character much more than it suits Scarlett. Scarlett is Fracas, to me.

ION
ION

"Scarlett", (and I know how strange that sounds;)) is a perfume that describes a young girl when starting to lose her innocence in the eyes of a mature man!
It is very charming and young (but will be great on any woman in high spirits), not terribly sexy unless you want to see it that way, and a little naive.
It is not "Anais Anais" for sure, but it is not bad either, skipping the treshold of commonness (can I say that?) by a whisker.
Again, the art director and bottle designer have done a better job (congratulations whoever you are!) than the perfumers, and the whole thing is valid somehow.

a note: much like youth, it doesn't last long.

Mariantu
Mariantu

White flowers flowers and more flowers!
This is one of the most romantic parfumes I remember.
On me it's the right balance between naive and personal... I mean, it's not "Sarah Key-like"! It's really feminine and perfect for Spring (right now in Argentina).

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

So nice and romantic perfume.I have to buy it!!

nonnative
nonnative

Both scarlett of Gone with the wind and scarlett johansonn are so impressive and bold characters! This parfume, on the contrary, has no personality and is just a commercial juice of red berries. A shame. Such a good brand like cacharel, creator of the famous anais anais, a masterpiece of my youth.

birdy
birdy

soft fresh sweet like a delicious candy without a lot of sugar or spaarkly citrus if it could remembers a fruit it wil be strawberry, strawberry are not sugary, fresh and sweet, well done for little girls or women that need someting giry and innocent.

I do not think this to be a floral woody musk, I really think it is a heavy & thick white floral!
love it!

Pinni
Pinni

I agree with gsp! It doesn't remind me of Miss Dior Cherie at all! Scarlett is sweeter.

Actually it's almost too sweet. My first reaction was "yummy" and even if that means it smells delicious it doesn't necessarily mean is a quality I'm looking for in a scent myself. As much as I love the scent of a pear I also get that "I ate too much sweets"-condition quite easily when wearing sweet scents. Personally I prefer more chypre and floral scents. Others might love this though.

It was definitely a good scent, somewhat familiar too. The most intense notes I identified were pear, jasmine and orange blossom. It's quite loud in the beginning but I guess it settles down after a while. The final touch (the next day) instead is soft and powdery.

Good scent but it bewitch me this time. Good thing there are other people who use it!

P.S I could have sworn it was an older scent than 2009!

salihah
salihah

i wanna try this seeing as love all cacherel scents

gsp
gsp

Flowers in honey. Very girly. I can smell lily-of-the-valey in it. I can't see much similarity to Miss Dior Chrerie. Interestingly, it reminds me of some perfume I smelt as a child back in the 1980s and 1990s but I can't say what it was. That's why I wouldn't describe this as modern.

bucuriimarunte
bucuriimarunte

Probably I will always regret not buying this perfume when I visited Paris.

I would have loved to asociate Paris with this perfume... and the more I speak about this perfume and Paris, I realise that in fact I do associate that lovely, romantic, dreamy perfume with that aristocratic, luminous, artistic city.

nadalinica
nadalinica

I'm not sure when I got it (I think I got it before July 2009), but I used it in summer, and liked it, but I will not repurchase. It smells like flowers coated it sugar to me. :)

alexanna7
alexanna7

love this one! Perfect for summer! The citrus brings a fresh note to it! There is a magnolia smell in this one.the jasmine with the honeysuckle with the citrus brings that smell.because magnolia is a sweet flower with a citrus smell as well. I got all the notes in this perfume.from up to the bottom...but then after a while it becomes a jasmine with pear with a little tea and a honey note...verry well balanced.verry soft!makes me think of curious wich got pear as well...makes me think of a little anais. Verry nice,feminine,soft like a breeze of sweet flowers...perfect for a summer day! Verry calming and comforting! Love it!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Don´t buy it blind! I really love Lou Lou, for that reason I tryed nearly all of Cacharel´s scents, but this one, is a stinker.

eriona
eriona

like like like

Tenuba
Tenuba

Although it's a evry nice perfume the longetivity is not good. I had to renew it over and over again after 1 or 2 hours. Too bad it does not last long :(

divine diva
divine diva

smells similar to burberry weekend . bottle is really attractive!

I nearly bought it, because I thought it could be a nice office or daytime scent. The beginning is nice and I like honey, but the drydown on me was a let down.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Scarlett starts with lovely, honey sweet, fruity tea dominant, blends into a soft, honey floral and gently fades. 5 hours on and I could do with a top up spritz, so ok on the longetivity for an EDT.
To me it is a very 'pretty', young scent, nothing innovative but a very nicely constructed, smooth,sunny day dress and sandals kind of perfume. Although it is one of a multitude of fruity florals, I think Scarlett is a step above the masses.
Anais Anais, now hailed as a classic, was considered sweet and girly in its time. In retrospect it is seen as the mother of all girly florals,revolutionary and influential. While I don't think Scarlett will ever be placed on such a pedestal I do see it as a proper Cacharel presentation, in keeping with their long term aim of producing well made, inexpensive young scents.

sophie_lovex
sophie_lovex

i really want this one!!

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

It is very fresh and it always reminds me of fruits.I think it is a great alternative.Honestly i don't like the bottle. It seems to be too sofisticated for this perfume.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Curiously the only thing Scarlett reminds me of is cherries. Cherry jam in fact. The smell is in complete accord with the candy pink color of the perfume. Very very sweet. That's the only image it left in my memory. Vintage appearances of the bottle and the package are nice though.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This perfume is quite different from the other Cacharel . Not as daring , not so distinctive. Maybe they are fed up making perfume that nobody ( except me ) loves, so they nowadays make very "consensual" frags . That's sad, because it was one of the last house to make different scents . But now everyone want to look (smell) the same . Sad sad indeed :'-(
Still a very nice perfume.

truffles
truffles

APPLES! Before reading about this one, I tried a spray of this today. The top notes smell like apples, not pear, to me. I find the initial smell/topnotes quite enchanting. Another Cacharel that promises perhaps to be 'the nice one'!
This first layer quickly changes into something quite different. My first thought was 'this is Giorgio, exactly! Yes, the 80s yellow-packaged fragrance. I have had a sniff of Giorgio recently, to see what it smells like to me now, because I wasn't keen on it in its heyday and I still wouldn't buy it.
It doesn't bother me here though, at least on my hand, maybe because of the appley mix that's with it.
Scarlett makes a VERY strong memory of another perfume (something that has 'legs' and 'muscles' - at least that's the image that formed in my mind with the smell memory(!) - but it in nice way) come right to the edge of my mind, it's a pleasant memory but I can't quite grasp onto what, exactly, it is of yet. I'm thinking one of the newish DKNY 'appley' ones as well. Hmmm... Do get the feeling someone has done a bit of blatant 'copying' here.
The drydown of this still has that Cacharel blurry POW to it but I'm finding it more pleasant than all the others and I will give this one a proper try and perhaps add to this review.
At the moment I'm finding Scarlett quite pleasing, if it was a scrubber like Liberte, I think that would have been evident by now.
Oh, and the bottle IS lovely!
PS, haha, just noticed the Nemo (for men) bottle. Cacharel do like their wacky bottles! Actually the Nemo one is cool, gadgety, especially for a man.
Update: I wore this when we went out for an Indian meal last night. I'm so surprised to find a Cacharel that I can actually wear. At the same time, this isn't really a 'me' fragrance, if I ever got hold of a big bottle, it would simply be for the bottle and an occasional wear that would fill the space for a 'cheap and tarty smelling' frag that Midnight Poison left. (Sorry, I don't mean cheap as in cheapness of ingredients, these sorts of smells just smell kind of 'tarty' to me - that's UK definition of tarty!).

feleeni
feleeni

The bottle caught my eye. But every time I smell it I gag. I've never dared to spray it on my skin...

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Unfortunately the fragrance is rather from a medium quality due to the limits in the budgets used a lot by commercial brands.
But still very nice done, a sweet and nice composition.

Martyna
Martyna

Well... On my skin it opens with sweet pear and a hint of freshness which balances it out. Although it is not my thing, I can live with it. But when it got to the middle notes... naaah... Sweet, sweet, sweet flowers and nothing more.

Jasmine and orange blossom which tends to give me a headache are not a good combination for me. Somehow it manages to be girly and remind me of my grandma at the same time.

I do not think it's a bad fragrance but if your skin, like mine, brings out all the sweetness out of perfume and you happen not to be a big fan of very sweet fumes, you may want to think twice before buying this.

I would also say it is quite intense and long lasting, at least on me. I sprayed just a little bit on my wrist but I could smell it very well for the next few hours even after trying to wash it off. It felt as if everyone around me could smell it, whether they wanted to, or not. Not a nice feeling if you don't like the scent yourself ;-)

Norgirl
Norgirl

this to me is to hard on the jasmin note . it smells a bit like hairspray on my skin , this is not a bad perfume at all on others , but one me its not good . when i sniff it on my skin i can feel that burn in the back of my trouth like you inhaled hairspray.. not good. But then again . not all can like the same , and thank god for that:)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I smelled this briefly on a card and it wasn't that bad. I didn't wait long enough to see how it would develop but the opening was a pleasant fruity smell. I can't say that it was very distinctive. I tested Ultrared at the same time (which is also fruity) and was more intrigued by it.

I am not that big on fruity scents (though I find some rather pleasant). I am not a Cacharel fan either. But now that I've read the mixed reviews about Scarlet, I am intrigued and will have to go back and test this perfume properly on my skin.

Update: I gave this another try on my skin I have to say I was positively surprised. I didn't expect much but something in this scent did grab my attention. The opening is nice though not special. It has a rather fruity feel to it which I am not that keen on. But once the middle notes kick in the scent becomes captivating. Tender, soft, floral, pretty and clean. I really like it.

antonpan
antonpan

This is rather agressive jasmine on a base of saturated citruses. The fragrance starts bright and fruity and then becomes more and more floral. Can't name Scarlett "young" or "fresh" or "sweet".

THkiddie
THkiddie

a bit sweet.. but it's UNIQUE for me..
like it

nagia
nagia

I first tried it on my friends, I simply felt in love with it without even knowing that it was Cacharel's.
Then I ended up watching the add, wich says everything about the scent. It really well decribes it. And so does the bottle. The lid hides the beautiful scented liquid, representing the mistery of Scarlett. Scarlett is the girl you first know very little about, wich intrigues you and then you feel like you have to find out more and more about her.
Scarlett is sweet, she's extremely feminine. But she has something else... Sometimes I feel like she was born in the very middle of the French Revolucion. Maybe she's a guerrilla. Does it make sense at all?
Anyway, it has a very nice fresh fruit punch on it's opening and a floral, floral heart. But scent and fresh at on the same time, it can make you delirate.
I find it perfect for the boho-chic girl, it's just suits her in such a lovely way!
And I don't know what about you, but I describe Scarlett as an accessible Chanel n5 for young ladies, so chic!

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

I'm surprised because so many people here is disappointed with Scarlett and thinks this is generic. Well, this is not a revolutionary perfume, of course, but it's not that bad in my opinion.

Scarlett is delicious and mouthwatering! I smell this and I can imagine a bunch of colorful gummies and jellies, with artificial fruity taste. No, this is not a floral woody musk; it's floral fruity, almost gourmand.

In the beggining, citruses. But that phase quickly fades and turns into the gummy phase I said before. Honestly, I don't get any flowers or fruits individually, it's well blended and difficult to get each notes. Fortunately, it's not sickening sweet, or too flowery or too fuity. It's perfect for those, like me, love gourmands but can't stand those strong and sweet ones.

Scarlett is perfect for all year round in my opinion. Yes, it's fresh and good for Summer, but it has a quite nice sillage and lasting power enough to be used in Winter. I can't believe this is an EDT!

The bottle is so delicate, girly and beautiful; it looks like a music box. The design of the cap is very oriental, it reminds me of Japanese origami.

If you don't have a chance to test Scarlett, just go to a local supermarket, buy some gummies, open them and sniff. It's how I get Scarlett.

lilou
lilou

I love it, Scarlett is the perfect name : pretty and rebellious !
I usually like Cacharel fragrances.
Loulou is my favourite one because of its depth and I like Noa (which is different).
I think Scarlett will be the fragrance I will use for spring and summer. It's a bit spicy, not too much, and I feel myself very pretty when I'm wearing it.

melia
melia

So since I received a sample from Mahanta (thanks!) I went from disliking the fragrance, to loving it. How? I ABSOLUTELY am loving the opening!! That amazing honeysuckle! The lovely (not sharp) tea! I hoped it would last forever... But it doesn't. It dries down with slightly more citrus and more musk, which makes me a bit doubty about this one. To buy, or not to buy, that's the question.

azuriiita
azuriiita

I would buy Scarlett only because these amazing bottle and box. Nice work!

The fragrance its too fruity-floral for my taste, but its ok... I am agree with its very nice for springtime, and for airy summer days too :D

Its not sensuous, not intense, not "romantic"... and not "so cute" -in my opinon-... but its feminine for sure.

Manya2
Manya2

I disagree with those who say this perfume is common and similar to the billion ther fruity scents everyone is wearing.

The woody musk part of this perfume really makes it interesting, if not unique. It's not *just* fruity and sweet, it's a very well blended floral with just enough musk to make it grown-up.

I think it's perfect for lovers of non-powdery floral musks. It's just right for springtime!

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

I was very reluctant to try this because I thought it was like the typical "first fragrance" of a 12-year-old. Then they gave me a tester of this, and now I know that it IS a barely-teen perfume. You might think it is fresh and lovely in the very moment you are spraying it on, but right after that comes the floral overkill. Real sickening and way too sweet. It reminds me a lot of the very first real perfume I owned, which was a very simple magnolia scent. This one doesn't have magnolia (luckily) but smells the same soft-flowery and sweet way. Nice if you are 10-14, but too generic and girlish for me.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I think this one smells to sweet and is overwhelming. Maybe it smells better when it has dried down,but i dont want a perfume that doesnt smells good at the beginning when i spray it on. And like others has written,this one smells like another perfume,wich is boring cause perfumes shall smell uniqe according to me.And it smells too strong to.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Scarlett begins with a snootful of bursting, juicy, red berries to my nose (undoubtably the pear in one of its infinite chameleon incarnations). I find it loosely similar in tone to Very Irresistible by Givenchy, minus the rose and roundhouse kick to the head.

Honeysuckle? Pffft! Not in any recognisable form. Happily though, neither are the ambiguously named 'citruses' so I am mollified somewhat.

As it drys out, the dry tannins of the tea mix with sweet orange flower to produce a suprisingly savoury & enjoyable brew.

The musk is also prominent long after all the other notes have faded (which sadly doesn't take very long).

I agree with other reviewers that this is not especially epic in nature however it is eminently wearable & quite pretty.

It has earned itself a second testing.

aquairis
aquairis

I tried heaps of perfumes today, and this one is just special. It can be easily distinguished from others since the smell pleased me a lot. The flora and fruity smell remind me of my happy childhood with the wearing of jasmine and honeysuckle while holdng a fan of sandalwood. It is quite orient, it is fresh but not overwhelming, so it is really suitable for everyday wearing and best for young girls.

Puma
Puma

I love Scarlett! It's very warm, fruity and girly. If you like Miss Dior Cherie, you'll like it too. Both are really cheerful and summer.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I tested Scarlett at the airport almost as an afterthought. I was intrigued by MissK's review of Burberry Weekend, so I reached for that bottle, sprayed it on, sighed with satisfaction, then noticed Scarlett and said to myself, "oh hey, I wanted to try that one too." I sprayed it on the other arm and went on.

Scarlett turned out to be what I was seeking in the Burberry Weekend -- an idyllic honeysuckle which is prominent but not overwhelming. I enjoyed it very much, unlike Weekend which threw a bitter note at me. Thanks for Scarlett from those who suffer body chemistry issues with Weekend!

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Like someone else said it's a type of 'been there,done that' scent, it resembles a lot of other perfumes and I don't get the hype for it, although I was sure and wanted so hard to love this.

The jasmine in it is very strong. I'd have loved it more if the pear lingered on. It's a very feminine perfume and I don't think it's that innocent and fresh after the sweet pear is gone - it's powerful and seductive instead. Not my thing completely, I will wait for some time before testing it again. I don't know if it's right to say that it's old-fashioned, but at least a familiar, well known type of frag. The lasting power is very good. The bottle is gorgeous, even though a bit pompous, such a shame that the fragrance is not up to it. I tried to love it, yeah I like it, but I ended up with a better apprecation for an old classic floral like Anais Anais, which I wouldn't wear either.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmm this is a dodgy one, not anywhere as nicely done as the Cacharel classics Eden and Anais Anais, though they're not my thing. It just smells cheap like a Paris Hilton thing and the bottle looks like a toilet hygiene product. The colour is also vile - looks like its sat in the sun since 1970. It's going for a retro vibe and does, indeed capture this but in a way that's not good or nostalgic, just faded and sad.

selinum28
selinum28

I don't find this perfume to be inoffensive, young, fresh, etc. The pear is very noticeable and the whole fragance smells like a dense, heat up juice made with incompatible components. So it is really offensive, as many others perfumes by Cacharel are in some way or another. The offensive element found in early ones results to be descriptive of the wilderness and primitive power of some women... not agressive ones, but those who are mainly fine and free, very French: Cacharel was once popular among normal women, away from the sophistication, artificiality and pretensions sold abroad as tipically french; and it was a brand that, not only in its perfumes but also in its clothes evoked provincial France in a touching maner, with its natural environment, its simple yet elegant way of life, very much like a naif painting.
Scarlett is sad... The offensive point comes from some kind of clumsiness that is tried to be sold as enchanting and is just puerile.

The_Entity
The_Entity

bottle looks gorgeous on the dressing table, i find this frag to be pleasent, nice for the daytime, i like the scent of tea leaves in this

serenity3107
serenity3107

a very very beautiful carved bottle..it makes you want to buy it and love it...
the scent is pretty ,floral, and a bit shy i might add...absolutely nothing remarkable...veeeery boring, a dime a dozen

ktv0926
ktv0926

Scarlett is a quite strong floral scent, not too sweet. I feel a lot of jasmine in the opening and honeysuckle later, gets really musky in the dry down. That's about it. No tricks, no intriguing notes.
I Love the heroine Scarlet O’Hara and I was really anxious to try the fragrance with such a name, especially as it is a new creation of Cacharel. Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about Scarlett - the scent is nice, no doubt, but "been there done that". The bottle has a plastic top (I expected a real lace or something) and frankly looks cheap.
Ah, such a waist of a name…

Marki san
Marki san

when I first saw the Scarlett commercial I was like 'omg I need to have that in my collection'! the packaging is so pretty and unique.
I tested it in the store and it seemed like an ok scent. so I got it. back at home, I sprayed it on me and wasnt really pleased. Scarlett smells like an old lady who desperately tries to be young. now it stands between my other perfumes just being pretty...on the outside
(btw, scarlett does smell good on my friend)

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Oh Scarlett! What should I do with you? You look so inviting, like a wedding cake. You must be a sweet one - I thought. But when the aura of fruity aroma of citruses disappeared, I couldn't shake the feeling you're bitter at times. My skin and you - we just don't seem to get on very well. Must be something with the chemistry. Too bad, Scarlett. But it's not goodbye, I may come back to you when I'm ready.

ananda
ananda

Nahh, I don't really like this one. I mean, it's pretty and inoffensive, I wouldn't put this one on my "Don't like" list, but I also can't say I get to like it... The bottle is beautiful though!
I'm trying not to say Scarlett's boring, but the truth is I do think that. The first thing it resembled me was a boring chewing gum. Not a juicy one, more like the one you have been chewing for hours, and you didn't even like the flavour that much...
In my opinion the top notes suit for a very young teenager, but after that it's just too floral for a young girl. Reminds me some perfume my grandma used to wear.
Anyways this is just my opinion on how the perfume developed on my skin. I totally undertand why some people might love it (as well as other fragrances I don't like), and I respect that!

chelle2513
chelle2513

I am very interested in testing this one, and I must disagree with the review below, I don't think escada magnetism is nothing special, I think it is a very unique scent, it is the only escada I like, and everytime I wore it, someone asked what i was wearing, so it must not have been THAT common. Anyways..to each their own...

orchidlover
orchidlover

Nothing special, such as Nina Ricci Nina or Escada Magnetism. When I tested it, I felt same like Nina, the ingredients are also common, this fragrance is a fake. Nothing sexy only fruit and sugar. It's ideal for teenagers who want a new candy-sugar-fruity mix.
I like other Cacharel's e.g. Promesse, Noa..but Scarlett is a bad creation for me.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

A couple of years ago I was with my boyfriend in Bora-Bora (a great holidays, of course...). I can remember exactly the smell of the tahitian gardenias, the white sand and the water of the ocean. Scarlett is all that nice things, i really LOVE IT!

michelle_belle_de_jour
michelle_belle_de_jour

I just got this perfume today and love it! The scent is sweet, floral, and a bit musky. The bottle is very young,fresh, sweet and romantic. Scarlett, for me anyway, is one of those perfumes you can wear for all seasons.

magda14012
magda14012

I tested it last week just out of curiosity not expecting anything special. Was surprised how aromatic it is- LOOOVED the pear!!!! It seems quite delicate at first, but then again it lasts a couple of hours easily. Fruity floral in my opinion. Dries down beautifully... Couldn`t stop sniffing my wrists;)

Ingie73
Ingie73

I love Scarlett! Perfect for day or evening wear, summer or winter, but especially summer. My boyfriend loves this scent and I have
had many compliments from other women. At first it smells sweet then tapers off into a soft and delicious scent without being too overpowering. It develops into a soft musky scent as the day wears on. It’s a beautiful new perfume.

Anahi
Anahi

This is very pleasant perfume. When I first spritzed some on, it smelled very fruity/citrusy, and then when it starts to settle in, it smells more flowery and musky. Personally I would have liked it more if it had a more fruity smell like strawberry or raspberry or maybe some vanilla as i tend to go for more gourmand, creamy scents but this isn't too bad. Great for late winter, early spring..

Diana Cucu
Diana Cucu

The bottle was so beautiful I had to try it; I got strong honeysuckle from beggining to end, although not intoxicatingly sweet; it was pleasant; Couldn't remember what flower it was at first; lasting power is great

Scarlett is surprisingly clean and refreshing. It seems like more of a fruity floral than a floral woody musk in my opinion.

This fragrance is quite strong. I tend to get a lot of citruses like orange and bergamot mixed with a little jasmine in Scarlett. The fragrance is sweet but not overly so. In my opinion this isn't just suited to teens, anyone of any age could wear this.

I personally like this scent, possibly because of my love for orange-scented fragrances and white florals. I disagree on those reviewers who find this fragrance synthetic, it is no where near as fake as some fragrances I've tried.

The sillage and lasting strength was really impressive, especially for that of an EDT. As I said before, this is a fragrance for everyone. I urge you all to try it despite whether you think you'll like it or not.

HelloLovely27

Update: This perfume if used too much or too often tends to make your head swim!
So use in moderation!

guest_lulu
guest_lulu

Interesting responses from other people...

I understand the charming, flirty, bold and lighthearted aspects of this fragrance, but the fragrance reminds me too much of childrens jelly crystal powder mix. You simply cant take this seriously.

lynnroo
lynnroo

I tested this today. Since the bottle was very appealing and it was from Cacharel, I had been dying to smell this for a long time but according to the reviews I didn't expect much from it. Well, to my nose it smells nearly the same with Eternity Moment which I'm not a big fan of either. It's a very sharp fragrance and as many of you have mentioned before, it's nothing special. I didn't like it at all and I wouldn't wear it. I don't think it belongs to the floral woody musk group. It is very floral and maybe just a little fruity or turned out to be this way on me.

sofiii
sofiii

This is a nice perfume, but somehow too generic and I strongly urge you to try on your skin and wait before you buy(I got a nausea reaction).

About the perfume: it starts with some great tea-like quality, really authentic euphoric and subtle tea hint plus sweet soft drink sugary sweet orange smell. All the combination is refreshing and optimistic till this point. However, this only last about 10 minutes.

After the first lovely 10 minutes, it turns weird on me, the tea and the orange smell is really faint and I've got some really sweet like burnt sugar smell along with musk, it's kinda similar to Happy Spirit from Chopard. To many people, it smells nice, but I guess I'm too picky and felt it's too synthetic and uncomfortable for me to wear.

Then the dry down is really subtle and airy, I really enjoyed it. It smells deep, some quasi-aquatic/airy with a fainted musky hint. However, this is like 8 hours after applied.

To me, this perfume is nice for the first 10 minutes and after 8 hours of apply. But I really don't want to suffer the 7+ hours in between. Thought I'm a floral woody musk fan, I guess maybe not that a die-hard fan. If you have some weird feeling about Daisy by Marc Jacobs, or Happy Spirit by Chopard, be careful with this one.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Quite beautiful scent! Not too sweet ,mild and gentle ,well balanced flowers. Innocent ,but with that undertone of sexiness that musk gives . I do think almost everyone can wear it ,young and old - its a beauty!
I find it rather different from what cacharel usually do,and its a good thing because i never found anything i like from them .
The drydown is beautiful ,and staying power is quite good.

guest_anastasiak
guest_anastasiak

I just bought it yesterday!At the beginning i was quite disappointed because it smelled like those awful perfumes of Burberry,mostly with London.After a while the musky senses came up!!!What a nice surprise!But today morming in my way to work two men asked me about my perfume and said that this is a very beautiful perfume!I don't know about you but this is how i like by mornings to be!

One thing which is very good about fragrance is that you don't need to like all of them! You can choose what goes for you among lots of different scents, with the only problem that we are going through massifcation and lack of originality or at the other extreme, originality at any cost.
Scarlett is one of those scents which will be quite popular and will be purchased as a gift because if you go to a perfume store the SA will tell you: "Oh, it's new, it's fresh, it's sweet and suitable for a young lady!" Very original, oh yes!
I already got 2 samples from a very kind SA. I never got samples of what I really like.
Scarlett is a very banal floral with a fresh start, a sweetish-something middle and a musty drydown.
Tangy notes, white flowers and honey?
Maybe, but not well done. Smelling from the sample is not so bad. Banal for sure but quite nice. On my skin it becomes musty, so it has to be a chemistry thing.
Cacharel's fragrances are always so changeable and they have something in them that reacts with my skin and make them smell cheap and vulgar, the only exception being Amor Amor (not flankers). The bottle may be considered "original" but it's also so cheap and no-sense!

guest_Delilah
guest_Delilah

I agree! To me it´s very similar to Juicy Couture fragrance...nice and girly

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I got a tester from this perfume. So I tested it and I didn't really liked it. To me it smells kinda old - like perfume for older women. But I'll try it again a few times, to see if I still don't like it. The bottle is very nice, though.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

LOVELY!!!I THINK IT'S A VERY ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE,I WOULD SAY IT'S A FRUITY FLORAL WITH GREAT STAYING POWER,LOVELY BOTTLE:)

Aalia
Aalia

The orange note here is an edible orange, like a fresh juice, with no sugar added. The tea note keeps the perfume natural and airy. The floral notes are just as in nature, as if someone sprinkled petals in bathwater..that's what the perfume feels like...including some nice white bath soap. The musk and sandalwood are gentle. I do like the perfume, but, it's just too faint for me and the climate here.

The creators at Cacharel had Scarlett O'Hara and Scarlett Johansson in mind (as noted here in the database). I thought they would be far off; before testing it-but....I can surely imagine Scarlett O'Hara using a similar, soft perfume, made of flowers and simple ingredients of the time in the 1770s...and also I relate Scarlett Johansson, "America's Girl Next Door" style of long, soft blonde hair, and innocent face. I could see how the perfume was made thinking of thier characters and images.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i don't like it. the name and the bottle are very original and intrigueing, i'll give it that much, but the content is very dull. it's a typical fruity fragrance who has so much in common with other perfumes of its type. i have to admit that i expected more from Cacharel. i'm quite disappointed. definetely won't acquire this one.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Eh, it is what it is- banal, overly sweet (but with a little orangey freshness to it), quite boring, because already done many times. I predict, that it will be very popular, because it's the kind of scent that appeals young crowd and they're gonna really love this one. (I'm young too, but I feel older. Ironically I look 5 years younger >->)
For me it's already too much. I tried it on paper because I didn't think it's a good idea to put it on my wrist. So I can't blame bad chemistry. Next time I might test it on my skin and see what happens.
Technically I think it smells a bit like Envy Me or Bright Crystal by Versace (there's a similar note).
Scarlett is young and very fun, but not one of my friends. Bottle is pretty only on picture imho, tester without that cap looks horrible.

moonruby
moonruby

This looks like it belongs in the cake display cabinet in the french
bakery!

'Scarlett' looks alot like someones wedding cake rather than a perfume. Or a scrumptious slab of strawberry nougat.

kevaana
kevaana

If you enjoy the smell of soap, probably you will enjoy this.The pre teenage girls will be thrilled by the beauty of this masterpiece. This fragrance is the next best thing after "Barbie" range. You can use it right after the moment when your dolls are not a priority to you.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

After all those banalities Cacharel issued lately, such as the endless Noa flankers and Amor Amor, finally a bold and memorable fragrance, opulent and original for both bottle and content, like the good old times genius creations of this house: Eden, Lou Lou or Gloria. This is what I was thinking while grabbing the bottle and sniffing Scarlett in premiere. For a moment, the golden ray of light brought by the dearest souvenirs stroke me when I had the impression that Scarlett smelled like my box of beads from my childhood. The fruity-plastic aroma of pink eraser rubber-gum and coloured pencils in a girl's room.
This is a girl room smell. The future developement of the perfume on my wrist is another dissapointing story. Only rotten red berries and nail polish rested.

grati
grati

..very dissapointing..doesn't last and it has nothing special...what has happened to the house of Cacharel lately? it seems that they abandoned good perfumes forever...

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Oh,no!This is not Scarlett O'Hara nor Johansson.This is Scarlett the teenage babysitter or Scarlett the room freshener.Boring,fruity,oooook...
Not for perfume lovers.
Only for bottle collectors.

HelloLovely27

I was really excited to try this new perfume by the Cacharel house! I love Amor Amor I have been wearing it off and on for years. (it is one of my staples in my perfume collection) From some of the reviews I was not expecting very much, to be honest. I tried it anyways cause i really did want to like it. and i DO! I really like this one! It is a bit more girly then Amor Amor. More florals softer a bit sweeter (in the little girl way, not sugar sweet)
This perfume makes me want to wear lace and sit in a park :)
Some may find this annoying feeling like a little girl. But I think it is charming and adorable!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I was walking around in a cosmetics store looking for some nail polish. Then I spotted the adorable bottle on a shelf and I went over to try it.The opening smells alot like fresh pears and there are a few white flowers in the background. So at first I was not too impressed. But then I waited for a while and it started to smell like candied fruit. But not in a bad and overly sweet way. More like fresh fruits that you had carefully rolled in sugar and caramel.
I am actually suprised that I liked this one beacuse I normaly do not like fruit florals but this one is a must have.
EDIT:
The lasting power was not good at all. It disappeared from my skin after 1 hour. So I don't think that I want this one anymore.

zilia
zilia

I was disappointed, very usual scent, seems very similar to a lot of other fragrances. I expected much more...

nezzabel
nezzabel

I received this perfume as a gift and I like it!
Yes, it's a sweet scent.
Yes, it's aimed for the younger crowd (or at least for the young at heart).
And yes, it's a fruity, floral, musky kind of fragrance.
But you know what? This fragrance is quite lovely! Sparkly, pretty, delicious and almost edible on the top notes.
And the bottle is gorgeous... so cute!
I totally agree with Juliette has a gun, it's a sunny (that put a smile on my face everytime I wear it), romantic fragrance, lovely for wearing at Spring/Summer and for day time.

Solvita
Solvita

Yes,a bottle is very nice,but fragrance- very "cheap",floral,a little sweet,it reminds me "Pretty" of Elizabeth Arden

lady*V
lady*V

From the minute I saw the super-cute bottle and packaging, I wanted to like this scent so much!
Unfortunately, it did not live up to my (probably high) expectations.
At this point I should mention I have always preferred perfumes with an oriental character. Oriental florals really do it for me!
Anyways, while smelling the top notes and the first middle notes, I couldn't help thinking of the review that mentioned "artificial florals", and couldn't help silently agreeing.
I didn't take the time to try and analyse more about the fruity and floral notes I was smelling[I'm not really experienced at it either]; but the scent lacked originality and unique personality so I lost interest straight away.
It also failed to develop into something more interesting; I got the impression it was flat up until the drydown - which on my skin consists of a simple musky note.

Someday I might try it again -just to give the lovely bottle one more chance- but I'm not keeping my hope up. Too bad!

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

The middle and dry down of this reminds me a slightly more floral version of Avon's Just Play. The fruity opening notes also remind me of another, different perfume, but I can't quite place my finger on what one.

I like the honeysuckle and pear notes. On my skin it lasts well and is quite pretty. However, I can't recommend it, because I think it's wildly overpriced for what it is. To my nose, it should be a ten euro, limited edition perfume from Avon, not a fifty euro department store perfume.

Malibu
Malibu

Tested this this afternoon and now have a killer headache. The fragrance itself is a jumble of too-sweet fruit and artifical florals on my skin.

I read on another site that this is targeted to under 21's, so maybe I'm just past it...

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

A perfume named after Scarlett O' Hara? I had to try it...

Holy Mother of God. Faster than a belle on a buggy, this thing sent me straight into headache hell, with its nasty saccharine pinkstink and its cheap paintstripper florals!

If Scarlett had worn this, she could have stopped the war all by herself. The yankees would have suffocated on their approach to Atlanta, and Rhett Butler would have donned a bonnet and crinoline and danced with Ashley Wilkes rather than endure our whiffy heroine.

Or Mammy would have saved the day (and the story) by pouring the whole horrible mess down the toilet!

luz
luz

It smells very similar to Juicy Couture on my skin,sugary white flowers, but more aromatic. Great perfume !

juliane
juliane

luckily got this as a sample at douglas. it's nice and well done but a bit boring. you know it's made to be a hit, made to be easily liked. for me it smells like a crossing between miss dior cherie l'eau and kenneth cole black, but i prefer miss dior cherie because it's fresher. scarlett is honeysweet and the white flowers stand in the foreground. for my taste it's a little bit too lovely and girly (i'm 22!), it lacks something special, i think it fits best for very young girls or white flowers addicts...

Miertje87
Miertje87

I finally got this from a perfume webshop because the stores didn't have it yet in the Netherlands. I bought it without trying because of the reviews and the extremely cute bottle. I luckily loved the scent. It's quite sweet at the start but dries down musky. Nicely done Cacharel!

Scarlett by Cacharel 3.42 out of 5 based on 859 ratings and 160 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cacharel Scarlett fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cacharel Scarlett, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scarlett by Cacharel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scarlett by Cacharel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.