Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Caesars Man Caesars World for men

Caesars Man Caesars World for men
dislike

Caesars Man evokes the spirit of the man that was Caesar – the man that conquers. Top notes: verbena, bergamot and rosemary. Heart: fir balm, geranium and lavender. Base: amber, sandalwood, oakmoss and patchouli.

It is available as 100 ml EDT.

Rosemary Bergamot Lemon Verbena

Dakar

Caesars Man Fragrance Reviews

IngSoc274
IngSoc274

This is (mostly) Drakkar, at 1/3 the price.

Both smell great, and both have very little longevity.

If all things equal, I would still select Caesar's cologne, insofar as it lasts slightly longer than Drakkar.

SofiaAmbrosia
SofiaAmbrosia

You had me at the nomenclature, but I have to say that it's the pretty herbaceous green hue I like to call "pistachio" that drew me to Caesars Man. However, this is definitely a "man's man" type of fragrance with none of the candy-like sweetness promised by some online reviews! The top and most prominent note is definitely rosemary, which gives this dry scent a decidedly bitter quality which somewhat lessens after its dry-down. A pretty apt description online by the Fragrance Foundation's Fragrance Directory spells that Caesars Man is a "rich combination of armoise, verbena, juniper berry, Italian bergamot, Alpine lavender, and fir balsam then balanced with warm, woody notes of fresh amber, Indian patchouli, treemoss, sandalwood and Haitian vetiver." As a woman smelling this fragrance, I want to add that I personally would layer it with orange blossom water for a citrusy sweetness, green tea and perhaps another floral like lily of the valley, jasmine, honeysuckle or even carnation to balance out all that masculinity...

peeck@charter.net
peeck@charter.net

Drakkar Noir YES... Stronger and spicier and is the CHAMP! Does the job for about 6-8 hours...

Dakar Al-Rehab Yes... I actually like the perfume oil! Smells great! Like a Beast! but calms down after 4-5 hours also.

Sung Homme Kinda... I find Sung Homme to be the BOMB! Irish Spring on steroids! I would not compare this one except for the piney notes...

I find all these to be far Superior to Caesars Man. All with that Piney Soapy woodsy notes.

Caesars Man in comparison... Ya, a little cleaner and soapier. Seems to not last as long... I get about 4-5 hours. Smells great for the cost of $8.99 at Ross. Great after a shower! I really do like this fragrance just wish it had a bit more UMPH... I find Caesars Man to be at the bottom of this list with that being said... it still smells great!

deoxy4
deoxy4

For me it is a cleaner Drakkar Noir without the sour note. Definitely a 80's frag. Pretty similar to Sung pour Homme and Polo Green. A power house but not as over powering as Giorgio for Men.

Descent fall casual frag for me with good longevity and projection.

Enjoy it but don't think I would purchase another bottle.

Solid-7.5 out of 10.

restoreclassics
restoreclassics

Caesars Man is simply awful. It was given to me as a gift. When I opened the box it smelled like a bar of soap. When I sprayed some in the air to check it out it was repulsive. Entirely overwhelming and cheap. A strong bitter smell. Then after the first minute or so it progressively got worse. It was just an overwhelming cheap conglomeration of scents, none of which ever came together. To be nice I applied some to my arm but later washed it off. Or tried to. Later it went in the trash where it belongs. Absolutely the worst men's cologne I have ever had.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

love it....fresh old school and bright- clean..along the lines of sung homme but softer.

florindeca
florindeca

it's a fruity and green fragrance , a very good perfume for every seasons.

rabbipinaud
rabbipinaud

As others have noted, when you spray this frag on the first thing you think is "Drakar". It has alot of similarity to that well appreciated juice but it is different. After the dry down you percieve that it is not quite as powerful and it begins to develop it's own personality. Ceasar's Man is cleaner smelling than Drakar, I don't detect any leather. It has a bit more fir and an herbal citrus aroma not quite as pungent as lemon, lighter. It has a nice slight sweetness. I gave equal sprays of each similar scent, Drakar on my right arm and Ceasar's Man on my left. 45 minutes in Drakar's power advantage has disappeared. Actually Ceasar's seems to be the stronger of the two now. One would have to sniff carefully and have a very accurate shnozz to clearly tell them apart. I found it interesting that the people who liked this also like list is composed of quite a bit of my own collection. You can pick this up for peanuts, $10 or less. It's worth picking up whether you want an inexpensive Drakar substitute or if you appreciate it for itself.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Caesars Man is a very underrated cologne thats very woody with a citrus hint to it with a little bit of green apple thrown in there. I got this a blind buy from Ross that was reduced for 7 bucks, cant wait to rock this during football seaons in the fall

krmarich
krmarich

I have a bottle pushed to the far corner of my collection. Its been sitting there, half full and capped for about 20 years. It was great when it came out and followed the 80s trend of LOUD.

Looking at some posts below and its comparison to Drakkar Noir has peaked my curiousity. My old bottle of DN has long since sat empty, yet I disticntly recall its notes. I am somewhat curious to find a Vintage DN, yet Ceasars Men has made me reconsider.

Its more "Drakkar Green"(the bottle is easy to imagine), without carnation, cinnamon and black leather. Other than that, it could pass as a flanker from Guy Laroche-now defunct. At the very least it is a designer imposter. Here is the caveat-Ceasars cost about $10 USD, hasnt been changed(oakmoss devil) and is still on retail shelves in the USA. The vintage I was considering is $59. I didnt love DN that much.

As it stands, Ceasars Men will return to the shadows. This is the harsh reminder of my 80s tastes...

instantjim
instantjim

As others have noted, this is almost identical to Drakkar Noir, but a fraction of the price. I bought mine online, paid for shipping and it was still one third of the price that the same quantity of Drakkar costs locally. If you like powerhouses, this is one for you. There is nothing at all subtle about Caesar's Man as the opening notes are a little harsh, which suits me just fine. It is a really sweet , warm fougere, with pronounced citrus and herbaceous notes. A definite thumbs up for me!

funnyboy
funnyboy

Not too bad,a bit linear and synthetic but noticeable .I would say it is a cross between a fougere and a bitter citrus.
Enjoy this in the Autumn /winter in the u.k as it is quite powerful but still more of a daytime fragrance than night.
No flowers or girly unisex sweetness.Would say a safe bet for a man over 50 who likes classic masculine aftershave type fragrances.
Out of 10 I would rate 7 as it is so cheap but lasts well and is distinctive.

williamvargas
williamvargas

a pretty nice fragrance, old school...i was at ross's discount stores and i saw that they had a handful at 8.99 each..can't beat the price so i picked up one.. it reminds me of an 80's type powerhouse scents, very aromatic and a pleasing fragrance if you do not over do it.. typically imagine some hairy chested guy running around with some big gold medallion swinging from his neck lol... but seriously it is not bad , reminds me of the azzaro type of scent, maybe drakkar i can sort of see that, duc de vervins also has a similar begining to it. i just think for what you can pick a good size bottle up, why not ?

I haven't smelled Drakkar Noir since way back when so I can't even say I know that this one smells like it. It does smell like Samba Kiss for Men, but this one is much better, being richer, more natural smelling, and more subtle. Worn discreetly, this is acceptable for a wide range of social occasions. If you want something greener and a bit more subtle, there is Ferre's men's
fragrance from 1986. This one is a little sweeter and has a bit of a candy-like quality to it. If you like fougere accords and want something along these lines, but want it for around $10-15, I can't think of a better choice.

UPDATE: I recently acquired a vintage version of this and it is different, more rich and natural smelling, but without the slight candyish quality of the new one. This goes into my rotation on days when I want a subtle, well balanced, straightforward fougere without any "bells and whistles." It's clearly got some oakmoss and patchouli but it's nicely balanced. The color is yellow whereas the new one is green.

UPDATE #2: I acquired yet another bottle, this one looks like the newest formulation but is older. It smells like the vintage one ounce version. Since I now have two, my vintage one ounce is up for swap.

Not much to say about Caesars Man. Two things:

1) Caesars Man is a good fragrance. A (by all means) cheap aromatic/green fougère that smells way much better than the majority of today's masculines.

2) It's unquestionably derivative (Drakkar Noir anyone?).

Said that, if you find it on a shelf, don't miss the chance to take it home as it sells ridicolously cheap and smells cheap but good.

Rating: somewhere between 1 and 10

santino
santino

Drakkar Noir... thats the only thing this scent reminds me.I adore drakkar so I adore caesers. Besides, I pay half the price I pay for Drakkar. I recommend this for all DN lovers.

guest_konrad
guest_konrad

Is fantastic, you feel very clean. Good longevity and sillage. Give you a warm aroma for hours For me is a kind of citric ,you will like it. I will buy another bottle as soon as i can.

Caesars Man by Caesars World 3.35 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Caesars World Caesars Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Caesars World Caesars Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Caesars Man by Caesars World. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Caesars Man by Caesars World represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.