Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Hawaiian Ginger Calgon for women

Hawaiian Ginger Calgon for women
dislike

ozonic

Hawaiian Ginger is an exotic and energetic fragrance that features notes of crystallized ginger, juicy melon and orange blossom. Available as intensive EDP in bottles of 44 ml. Hawaiian Ginger was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Marvel Fields.

Orange Melon Lemon

Ginger Orange Blossom

Woody Notes Musk

'Ume

Hawaiian Ginger Fragrance Reviews

KayleeStarr
KayleeStarr

this scent used to be really good. it was light refreshing and kinda made you feel happy. now they've changed the formula and it doesn't smell the same. its stronger more intense and not as light

Snicole82
Snicole82

Didn't really care for this. A little too fruity for my taste.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

The body spray is pure melon-pineapple soap.

Good quality, affordable, and indeed tropical, but too heavy for me.

antfarm
antfarm

Hawaiian Ginger body spray smells like a juicy tropical fruit that has been growing next to ginger. The basic composition of this is mouth watering and refreshing, but the EDP is not so great, as it has a very synthetic plastic-smelling edge. The body spray is much better.

ameals12345
ameals12345

This Spray brings me back to High school! (2002-2006) everybody was wearing this...I can still smell it in my head lol

rhaley
rhaley

I haven't used this recently but it was one of my favorites. I'm thinking I should give it a try again, even though people have said it has changed a bit. The thing about Calgon is that for the price, the quality is excellent. But their marketing is not so good...I can't find the products anywhere. In my area, I can only find about 3 different scents that they have on their site. I've looked everywhere for Red Velvet, and the Brazil Nut Fruity ones... I don't want them to be discontinued and off the shelves. They've already started replacing them with cheaper smelling brands. For me, Calgon are better than most of the VS ones because of the great scent for less payoff..but please pack the shelves and market them better! I want to buy them. Can't find them.

Canaveral
Canaveral

The year it came out my uncle gave it to me for my 15th birthday present, and I instantly fell in love. It's so refreshing and invigorating, yet calming and beachy. I grew up on the beach, so this scent easily meshed with the warm quiet waters, sugar-white sand between my toes, and soothing sunlight on my skin. This scent is pure sunshine and happiness. I would still be using it today and continue to do so for the rest of my life...if they hadn't drastically changed the balance of scents.

The original Hawaiian Ginger was so balanced that you almost couldn't place a finger on exactly what it was. It was citrusy and bright, yet almost more floral than citrus, and to me almost had a hint of banana. It was very smooth and very pretty.

Then suddenly about three years ago, the scent shifted heavily to the citrus side, a change which was also signified by switching their packaging to a more 'orange' theme as opposed to the original light yellow flower theme.

To me, this completely killed Hawaiian Ginger. There was a reason that I used Hawaiian Ginger instead of other citrus-based fragrances, and that was because the citrus -while present- did not overpower the floral aspects. It devastated me so much to see it change that I immediately bought a set of the old formula from ebay, simply so that I could find it in the future and smell everything I loved about my childhood.

I've been searching for a fragrance that I love equally ever since.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

It is a very pretty scent. It is light, doesn't last long, but it is very nice. I always get compliments on it, from men and women. I usually wear it around the house, or when I am out and want to smell nice, but do not want to smell strong or grab attention. Seems it grabs attention anyway. And it is just a cheap little body spray!

There are bunch of notes missing here. According to the Calgon website, this also has bergamot, apple, banana, pineapple, and mango but not orange blossom. Anyway, even knowing all this, I can describe this scent one way - too much melon. The melon overtakes all the other notes, even the ginger which is supposed to be star of this show. I'm not a fan of melon, so this is not for me. As it dries down, the other notes come through, and I can eventually detect the pineapple and mango. I like it better as the melon fades away. But it still wasn't a keeper for me. I gave it away after one wearing.

ShellSmiley
ShellSmiley

I first tried this body mist when I was in grade 4 when I got it as a gift. EVER SINCE THEN, I have been obsessed with it - have the bath salts, body wash, body mist, etc and whenever I run out, it's the first thing I look for. I <3 this scent!!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Excellent for soothing and relaxing. I use to spray this in my son's hospital room so it wouldn't smell like a hospital and every person that would walk in would take note of how it created a little haven from the sterile smell of a hospital. It brings back bitter sweet memories.

It is sweet and clean but not in a soapy way more like the smell of a fresh rain in a pineapple field. Love it!!

sw33tcookie
sw33tcookie

My sister used to have this when she was a teenager, and we recently went to the store and smelled it again. She freaking loved it all over again lol. It still smells so nice on her.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Just bought this today. Yum, yum, yummy! It reminds me of tropical fruity candy. Wonderful, and inexpensive.

phia143
phia143

I love this scent I wish it was stronger and would linger longer on my skin. Its a sweet clean scent that whisk's me away to a tropical island even on a rainy day!

Its not to strong; I could spray half the bottle on my neck and not get overwhelmed. Even at first spritz there is not a strong crystallized ginger scent. Which is surprising because all the crystallized ginger candy that I have had are really strong. During the dry down the melon scent really come through. Till today i didnt know that melon was one of the notes.

I sprayed the perfume and the body spray on today at 12:30pm ish and its 6:25pm now and I can still smell it lightly and mainly on my clothes.

This scent is almost exactly like glade's Hawaiian ginger breeze. Which i also love!!!

larali
larali

Beachy, fresh, happy. When I was a hot little sorority girl in my cute capris and kitten heels I used to wear this. It worked for me then and it works for me now.

nananessa
nananessa

I used to wear this occasionally so I looked at again today in the drug store. I smelled it today & it doesn't smell as good as it used to. It is a blast of ginger & melon with little orange blossom detectable. I think maybe the "grungey" element of it just repulsed me today! It used to smell a little more floral than it seems to now...I was disappointed because this was my fave from Calgon.

romrom
romrom

Yummy!!! I love this one so much, it's so clean and fresh and at the same time a bit sweet but not to sweet. perfect for summer.

ALaM
ALaM

Nostalgia and happiness in a bottle. "Calgon, take me away!" is right! It really does take me away to another place and another time....a pick me up for the every day stresses of my life and though I long for a warm climate and a secluded tropical beach somewhere...this will have to do.

thinknice
thinknice

I used this in my early 20s. Loved it. It smelled like a tropical beach. It does smell a little cheap when you first put it on, but don't dismiss it. The body wash is wonderful, although I haven't bought it in years, I do recommend this to any late teen /early 20 yr olds.

Seeba
Seeba

I caught the scent of this in my high school hallway and it took forever to find it. It makes me Uber happy. :) Uplifting, like a new crush.

Rach1
Rach1

I've been buying this for YEARSS! I wish it had a creamy base but still I love the soft gungery scent. I definately smells like hawaii, but i im a very seasonal person and use this around the fall, since it's a light warm/cool scent. It infact reminds me a little of fall too (at least early, nto late fall)

lindsey88
lindsey88

I used the lotion in this scent ages ago and it's lovely

Hawaiian Ginger by Calgon 3.93 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calgon Hawaiian Ginger fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calgon Hawaiian Ginger, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hawaiian Ginger by Calgon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hawaiian Ginger by Calgon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.