Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Lilith Callaghan for women

Lilith Callaghan for women
dislike

Callaghan Lilith perfume was launched in 1994. The composition is blended out of following notes: Florida orange, mandarin, bergamot, Persian galbanum, ivy, Paraguay petit grain, Grasse neroli, cyclamen, lily-of-the-valley, Japanese lily, Egyptian jasmine, pittosporaceae, orange blossom, Guatemala cardamom, cinnamon, sandalwood, Atlas cedar, benzoin, vanilla and animalistic notes.

It is available as 70 ml EDP.

Petitgrain Jasmine African Orange flower Neroli Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Galbanum Cardamom Cinnamon Benzoin Vanille Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lily-of-the-Valley Lily Cyclamen Ivy

Vendetta Donna
Suspense

Lilith Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Thanks to Dr Marlen's generosity, I won the giveaway sample of Lilith offered with his fascinating article here at Fragrantica! For me it's a fun vintage scent, with something strangely familiar. And then it hit me...

There are two scents that come to mind. It reminds me a bit of a considerably less spicy L'origan, and a LOT of Houbigant's Oranges en Fleurs! To me, they are all odes to orange and/or orange blossom, so this makes sense.

To be honest, I find Lilith a more interesting, less strident orange blossom than Oranges en Fleurs, but they are very alike to my nose. In both the greener side of orange blossom predominates, not the sweet or 'grape soda' note found in many a floriental containing orange blossom.

Each one of these vintage beauties will take you back in time to an era of orange blossom decadence. But for what it's worth, on my skin Lilith has the best longevity of them all!

kl99
kl99

Well built.
Many faces.
Not so special.
Between a Car deodorant and a body cream in orange-rancid.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

The following review is based on two separate full-day wears of this EDP from my vintage 10ml mini splash bottle and it might not be the same as the full size spray bottles. In my two encounters with this fragrance, I found them to be very similar.

To me, this fragrance had enormous projection, even on my cooler than average skin, but little or no development throughout the course of its duration on my skin except it became weaker, softer and more pleasant with time. The opening of Lilith was extremely strong, somewhat like gasoline, on my skin. I would not use green to describe this fragrance as many others did but would definitely say it was extremely aromatic with a mix of Mandarin Orange, Orange Flowers, resins, wood and some unidentifiable flowers. In the first three hours that I had this fragrance on, the scent remained strong and reminded me a little of the original Dior Fahrenheit. The scent started to soften after the initial three hours but remained quite aromatic and more bearable to my nose then. A soft Sandalwood note was more noticeable from about the fifth hour and faded gradually with other notes to a skin scent after another hour or so.

IMO, Lilith is an aromatic resinous floral fragrance with enormous projection and good longevity. It should most definitely be used sparingly to avoid the first few hours of overbearing aroma. I would suggest to apply a small amount behind one ear and both wrists or under your clothes only so that the scent would not hit you right at your face. Lilith in general is quite nice a fragrance but one should definitely try it first before getting a full bottle.

Corto Maltese
Corto Maltese

Lilith is the one of the worst scent I ever smelled.
Smells like cheap plastic water.
Far far from true galbanum.

spa
spa

A super green floral gem.Worths everything !
A masterpiece all the way!!!
If you are looking for a fresh green orrange blossom scent with longevity and sillage , this is IT!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Like the poster below I was drawn by the concept of a witchy perfume that I imagined to be redolent of a mysterious green pool in the deep forest - rounded and refreshed by soft orange blossom and citrus, like morning sunlight filtered through the leafy forest canopy. Ha.

I already knew it would be a disappointment when I opened the box because an unpleasant cheap shampoo smell greeted my flaring nostrils. Bravely, I squirted a little on. One thing I will say about this 'perfume' - it makes me appreciate all the actual perfumes out there, I take back all my harsh remarks about previous perfumes I've reviewed, all is forgiven.

I hear a bird twittering in the forest glade - 'Cheap, cheap, cheap' and thankfully it was.

mrgeebee
mrgeebee

An oddity if ever there was one!
This took some time to grow on me
however i was drawn to the witchy romaniticism of Lilith and the history of Callaghan(i recall when Romeo Gigli helmed the brand with Paolo Roversi creating the imagery).Lilith opens with an extremely green and over ripe, almost fetid vegetal note and evolves into fruits and florals,bewitching every step of the way.An original,intriguing scent that's worth discovering.

*sophi*
*sophi*

It represents Floral Green category PERFECTLY!Sweet,green,fresh and lasting :)
It gives the feel of being in a spring garden full of blooms!
Orange flower,neroli and galbanum best!The green accord comes from the ivy note :)

candymarie
candymarie

On me this is not good. Dominated by the ivy throughout. and some unpleasant spiciness. I couldn't wait to wash it off.

This gem is a twin sister to the Lancetti Suspense. They are both VERY complex creations and they both translate into a super green perfume.

guest_DLP
guest_DLP

I bought this unsniffed (being rather fond of collecting oddball perfumes). And it is different. It is sweet but not in the cotton candy/sugar way of modern perfumes. Instead, "Sweet green", some unidentifiable/unusual floral note, and a woody base best describes it. I don't know why, but it makes me think of ponds for some reason, ones with vegetation in them.

efm
efm

The complexity (or muddle )of listed notes is not apparent in the perfume. It comes across as pleasant green wood. Not much floral, not much citrus. Works in Autumn as well as warmer months.

Lilith is a wonderful complex, green, deep and sprakling perfume! EXCELLENT for sweet green lovers, a TRUE Galbanum personality!!

Lilith by Callaghan 4.00 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Callaghan Lilith fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Callaghan Lilith, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lilith by Callaghan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lilith by Callaghan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.