Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

CK Free Calvin Klein for men

CK Free Calvin Klein for men
dislike

leather
CK Free Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK Free Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK Free Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK Free Calvin Klein for men Pictures

CK Free is a modern, masculine fragrance for men, which arrives on the market in August 2009. Top notes incorporate absynth, jackfruit, star annis and juniper berries. A heart adds a union of suede, coffee, tobacco leaf and buchu (Agathosma betulina), while a base offers oak, patchouli, cedar and ironwood. CK Free was created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Ellen Molner.

Wormwood Star Anise Juniper Berries jackfruit

wparkar
wparkar

Waste of money.

Disclaimer:
I am a well versed and frequent buyer of perfumes.
Please read my comments on other perfumes before any critisism.

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

Mediocre fresh scent which is best suited for the summer.

I bought this as I have quite a few of the CK fragrances and am unashamed to say I like them. Escape is great in a 90s kinda vibe, Obsession can be rocked in the winter and Contradiction was excellent too.

This is a huge let down though for the main reason that it doesn't even last 1 hr before it dries down to nothing. I didn't want to believe the reviews so bought it for around £20 for a 100ml bottle on eBay with a matching deo stick roll-on. Even for that price it wasn't worth it.

It does smell quite nice but basically is just like spritzing your neck with Sprite or 7-Up. Sweet and bit citrus with a hint of tame patchouli. I'm not joking when I say you may as well splash a little bit of Sprite into the palm of your hand and dab it on your neck.

BorisRubio108
BorisRubio108

Me encanta esta, es varonil, fresca, moderna, nunca podría usarla un viejo anticuado, esta es una jovial disfrutable. A la mayoría de las mujeres que conozco les gustó, lo ÚNICO MALO fue que a la media hora (30 minutos) desaparecía por completo, triste y decepcionante... pero muy buen aroma jajaja

zinski19901
zinski19901

Smells great but its a shame it doesnt even last half an hr

muncierobson
muncierobson

Should be called CK3 coz 3 minutes is about as long as it lasts!

I don't dislike the smell but even from a discount retailer, the longevity and projection are appalling at any price point!

BobbyJ95
BobbyJ95

I remember having this one a while back. Nice fresh summery sent If i remember rightly, But the longevity and sillage were pants!! But if I'm honest I find most CK fragrances too be weak and not last long.

apaterni
apaterni

Fragrância muito fraca. Nada marcante.

Gaylydie
Gaylydie

je veux ce parfum,frais,léger il sent bon il n'est pas cheap comme j'ai pu lire sur certains commentaires ni toxic ou odeurs d'ordures ou de poubelles enfin bref il fait parti de ma liste d'achat

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Toxic waste has more charm. Invest in something superior like brut or lynx, crap.

mcaldow
mcaldow

Don't bother buying this, you will need to spray up to 7 times just to be able to smell like trash for one hour. Very poorly made fragrance

eduard.danaila
eduard.danaila

No one should ever waste his money on this crap

tomusiovy
tomusiovy

This scent is really fresh and zesty, perfect for hot summer days. But this longeveity... It really is a shame, because this fragrance has much potential, too bad the manufacturer didn't care about the extract.

02098888
02098888

I know I will be hated by some people, but 'm not being offensive - it smells cheap!
Again, it smells cheap.

xanadu philodendron
xanadu philodendron

receive this as a free gift when i bought ck encounter (match the name huhhuh.) i like the smell at first, but when i found out it only last for 30 minites on my skin, im thinking of giving it away to someone else. but i didnt finally. now i love to spray it when im about to sleep. it makes me feel fresh and help me to sleep faster too.

alimuanis
alimuanis

what amazing fragrance for hot weather and hot summer
friend gave me this fragrance as a gift.
first i want thank him so much , thank you my friend for this fragrance.
it's nice fragrance fresh and strong smell

My opinion is :-
Compliments 9/10
Bottle design 7/10

ryan.oconnor.7161
ryan.oconnor.7161

I love this, it's the perfect balance of sweet and bitter. Just smells so lovely. I can't believe it has all those random ingredients in it. What a blend! I like having it close and personal to me.

serkanöztürk
serkanöztürk

hoş bir koku fakat çok etkisiz,kimse parfümün kokusunu almıyor...

haywardb
haywardb

CK Free is my favorite scent, but sadly it lasts such a short time on my skin that I end up going through a bottle much faster than any other CK cologne in my collection.

jasminebengtson
jasminebengtson

Agree, lovely fresh and sexy smell but sadly very weak and short lasting...

rajeevdr
rajeevdr

I got this perfume last week and its smell is grt. But bitterly disappointed to have this because it dosnt last long. Wantingly using it twice a day, so that i can get a newer one.

I would not recommend anybody to buy this perfume though it smells grt.

apierce1991
apierce1991

I have had a bottle of this stuff since November 2009, and I honestly really like it. It's a great daytime scent, and when I am looking for that I don't want a cologne that projects for a really long time. I don't want to annoy the people at the office, so having a scent that stays close to the skin after the first 3 hours is actually perfect for me.

It does its job. That's the bottom line.

6.5/10

robertodoi
robertodoi

The top notes go to same direction of Tommy Cologne, but I prefer Tommy.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is belower than average cologne from Calvin Klein Fragrance line.

Roge'
Roge'

This is probably the most non-offensive cologne ever created. This has "teenage little brother" written all over this. Perfect go to fragrance when you're heading to your local gym or playing with your kids in the back yard. This is something to wear for the sake of wearing something.

*BLIND BUY WORTHY AWARD*

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

This stuff smells great! Very clean and fresh and pleasing. Smells like a fresh ocean breeze sort of. The longevity sucks though. After about 1 hour it will become weak and then within the next hour it's gone. Disappointing as I think it really smells good. Oh and the weak drydown is a bit toothpasty..? Good for teenagers and men in there 20's.

sebikiraly
sebikiraly

I love to wear this for work. However, it's annoying to refresh every 2 hours.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

Not a bad frag. Good for office. Sillage is not that great. Close to skin ( on my skin). Lasts on me for aroud 4 hours. Anyhow, felt good wearing it.

DemetriaNatasya
DemetriaNatasya

It was an ok. Fresh, common, nothing special I guess..

mohamad6771
mohamad6771

یه ادکلن ضعیف با ماندگاری و پخش بوی خیلی کم

amarsbarrr
amarsbarrr

It's Just water in a bottle, with a little smell that lasts 1 hour if that.

and it costs a lot for such s**t

Waste WASTE WASTE

benpaul12
benpaul12

Got this as a gift and I like the smell. It was a small 30ml bottle so I keep it in my gym bag - and that's what it's perfect for - after the gym. It isn't that much of a special fragrance, it is just a splash of nice smell to throw on.

olobd
olobd

smell good, but you need to hug everyone to smell it :-)

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

CK Free is a fragrance that promises so much, yet delivers so little. The notes in the pyramid look absolutely amazing; however the scent in the bottle bears little to no resemblance to those notes. That said it's not actually a bad fragrance. It's clean, light and fresh. Unfortunately it's also very generic and very run-of-the-mill.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Ck Free is one of the newest scents for the CK house. I got the 1.7 oz from TJ Maxx for 20 bucks which is a good bargain bin price for Calvin Klein's fragrances. This a perfect for casual laid back use. Doesnt last that long but the presentaion is nice. CK's fragrances usually arent strong and overpowering and this a perfect example

ericrico
ericrico

Received this as a gift rather soon after it came out (sometime in 2010). I tried it initially (a few times), and felt it was a rather good, but mainstream CK offering with some decent notes (albeit somewhat synthetic)...but not off-putting in any way. I found it to be a nice green, aromatic woody scent - a bit nondescript, but something entirely wearable. Was I hoping for more? Not sure - I actually was a bit embarrassed as I had acquired some Vintage fragrances just prior to receiving this. I am not sure my sense of gratefulness came across. You see, I tend to have disdain for current CK fragrances and formulations - but something is going on here. I put on a fake smile at the time and tried it...later and alone.

It got put into a box I have for Spring/Summer scents (as it was cooler weather then) and I pulled it out twice last year - actually, surprisingly liking it even a bit more. It was moved into the bottom of a drawer that I keep - for scents that I "remind myself to revisit". It is a totally inoffensive casual scent that one sprays on liberally - initially, I saw it as a warm-weather scent (but cooler weather works just as well actually, including rain which K1 picked up on...but not cold). This is something to wear to the store, out to visit with friends, weekends, and just around the house (as I'm typing this).

Why would I take the time to write a review on CK Free? I am oddly compelled to do so. Mainly, because of what my friend, K1, wrote below. He transcended notes, scent pyramids and the typical mundane review and instead, evoked excellent imagery with a rather cheap Calvin Klein offering. Excellent!

And, then, second is because the nose behind this, Rodrigo Flores-Roux. He has created some amazing compositions that reign superior and I have been enamored by his creative use of unique ingredients, harmonious bottling and his ability to make a flacon's (whether it be simple or stylized) purpose to be the juice inside. Too much is stylized today. His bottles for Tom Ford are exquisite and top-shelf in quality (and price!) - but it is his work with John Varvatos' line that brought me to him. The person who bought this for me later admitted knowing this was a bottle produced by the same nose of John Varvatos' creations - of which I had been wearing for a while (JV for Men and Vintage with the excellent After Shave balms for layering) and just fell in love with Artisan (the gorgeous fragrance it is to me)!! Rodrigo Flores-Roux was someone I was now watching and soon picked up Artisan Black, which is in my rotation as well.

Here is the key to Rodrigo Flores-Roux's creations - it doesn't take a trained nose to appreciate them as they are wonderful and fragrant, but it does take a trained nose and palate to "understand" them. Less so here - as this is the only CK bottle he has ever made. I have to say...it is a solid bottle of fragrance. My only complaint with the John Varvatos line is longevity. That is the only drawback here.

I like how this goes on. Nice, aromatic and slightly "green" notes and fruit on top (wormwood, a touch of star anise, and a light fruit note in the top listed as jackfruit, and the fragrant juniper berry)...a very nice opening. Inviting.

The middle is mostly suede - both in "feeling" (smooth) and scent with nice blended nuances of coffee and tobacco leaf, neither being loud at all. I actually pick up the patchouli (which is nice here - not a dark and deep patchouli at all, but a much greener one that is a touch earthy but more herbaceous). Very nice. Patchouli (actually from the mint family) is a very commonly used note in fragrance, but has a broad range of smell - from nearly clean and lifted to deep, dark and smoky. It depends on when it is harvested and how the essential oil is extracted through fermentation and distillation. The wood notes are well-integrated here with cedar and oak blended well.

In typical Flores-Roux style, interesting and unique notes are brought into the composition (jackfruit and wormwood in the top, buchu is listed in the heart and ironwood is listed in the base). I cannot lend an olfactory perspective to those notes, but then again, even if it is a small quantity, they were included because they sound exotic and possibly create a subtle touch that perhaps alters the notes we commonly know - like cedar and oak.

My final thought is this...while it doesn't have good longevity on my skin, this is about pure enjoyment of scent. There are no fixatives here that extend the life (just a couple hours or so for me in a full wearing). If this had a strong vanilla or amber base, it would stay for hours longer. I'm glad it doesn't. I have several woody aromatics that cost more than this, but offer about the same in both projection and longevity - I am fine with that. A layered application helps (spray liberally and then 15-20 minutes later, reapply more to the same spots and so it saturates) plus wear on clothing to project more. Not a loud scent - but I like that. Intimate. Confident. Masculine & inviting.

Rodrigo Flores-Roux is a top perfumer and highly-regarded. Calvin Klein was very lucky to have him produce a bottle for their line. The more I wear this, the more I like it. It actually has less of a synthesized feel than before. In my opinion, a scent that I kept in "that" drawer for a reason - this needed to be revisited! It will definitely be worn more this summer and fall - for pure enjoyment...sometimes out and, more often, around the house. A better release than virtually everything from CK - period. The only one I prefer to this (in current production) is Escape for Men, but in an entirely different way. The Original Vintage Calvin by Calvin Klein (1981) is still the greatest from this house...of all time.

Very decent bottle of scent here and one that stands head & shoulders above the rest currently out there with a CK on the label, in my humble opinion.

Scent - 7.5+/10; Projection - 6/10; Longevity - 5/10.

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

My signature fragrance

manganan
manganan

Longevity is ridiculous! not worth it.
it smells good but barely lasts....

adrian.prince
adrian.prince

longevity really makes you disappointed, Projection even worse! smells good but goes off fast
longevity: 5/10
projection:6.5/10

sameh
sameh

I tried it & it's light , nice 4 summer time after a shower after a workout but i can only smell Annis , over all it's nice & light since it's FREE !

sharath.chandra
sharath.chandra

It just smells strong cologne. Nothing too great about it. Actually i am not quite happy buying it.

sabuecw
sabuecw

This a woody, spicy, fresh scent and I think you can pull it off for any season. It's longevity really isn't THAT bad... It lasts about 6-7 hours, and Calvin Klein as well as lots of other designers have had much shorter-lasting fragrances. It is my signature cologne for Spring and Summer and I would recommend it for all ages.

andy
andy

kind of a nondescript fresh citrus with a nice top but its not unique just following a trend

sovory73
sovory73

Just Doesnt Last .. After 1 hour i cant smell it anymore .. I will probably just give it away as i wont be using it anymore.. But the smell aint bad nothing special

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This one really surprised me. My brother got it for Christmas and I sprayed some on the back of my hand and I've been getting compliments all day!
It opens very fruity, I don't know if this is the juniper berries, but it has an apple-like quality. There is a slight spicy bite also, not anise, maybe the wormwood, I'm not familiar with how this smells. The patchouli note makes this a little bit dry and crisp. As it wears the cedar note becomes prominent, as does the suede which makes this very woody and smooth and very enjoyable.
In the bottle this smelled like just another boring men's scent; aquatic, aromatic, but on the skin this really shines. Worth a try. Longevity decent, I'm on 6 hours now.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

fresco y huele genial, el unico inconveniente es su baja perdurabilidad, si fuese mas perdurable seria un granperfume, ya que huele genial.

ana7joao
ana7joao

i offered this to my BF and he liked it. i think its a very nice perfum for sporty, preppy and cool guys. very light, clean and fresh. i love it!

enriquesolisjimenez
enriquesolisjimenez

Es una de mis fragancias favoritas de CK junto con Eternity, una fragancia que llama la atencción por donde paso, definitivamente lo mejor de CK despues de la Eternity de los 90´s

dokepi

This is a fragance that after a few hours its blends with your natural smell, and the result is brilliant.

for day use only
use a V neck white T-shirt with that

Sugandha
Sugandha

This is my boyfriend's favorite fragrance, he uses it up about 2 or 3 bottles !
All I want to say about CK Free is Too Masculine, I don't like how it smells at all. But I like it when it becomes a slight scent lingers on his shirt, ahhh... very sexy want to kiss all over his body. OH ! I'm sorry on the bottle it says “for men”. ♥

soleroc
soleroc

For me the longevity is not the issue, but the sillage/ projection and how "loud" it ISN'T. I can smell the the suede and patchouli. I get a powdery suede pouch filled with patchouli, but a very small one - only about 2 inches in diameter.

*Addition/Edit* - 7/24/2011:
I really do enjoy this fragrance, IMMENSELY! I didn't pick up on a few of the notes (ie. juniper berries) until recently. I had to apply at least double the amount to get moderate projection. However, I think that is the idea here!! IMO this is NOT supposed to be a "Hey look at me" fragrance, but more of an intimate and purposely close-to-the-body smell. See... at first I was disappointed that it doesn't project how I would like, but EVERY (and i mean every) single woman that has smelled this on me, has absolutley loved it. It's called free for a reason. We don't ALWAYS have to "smelled" by everyone; but for those who want to venture just a little closer, will be in for a nice surprise. :D

P.S. - I get 10+ hours out of it each time.
P.P.S. - This smells absolutely NOTHING like Nautica Voyage. Not even close, and not evena little bit. I am sorry, but you definitely need a new nose if you think that. :D

soned
soned

I really like this scent, specially the heart, very fresh/woody. If the longevity was better than 3 hours, this would be on my top 15, but sadly, that is not the case.

babybash44
babybash44

This is one of the few CK fragrances that doesn't give me the funky CK note that all seem to turn into on me. On my skin, they all turn sour, except for this fun and sporty cologne. Lasting power is decent, originality is a flop, but it's a very pleasant scent. This, CK One (and One Summer), and Obsession Night are the only CK's that don't turn sour on me. This is nice, if you see it discounted, go for it!

Tonage
Tonage

For the people new to CK Fragrances like me, this is good in my opinion. Good for the younger gen and would be OK for people new to CK. I have smelt other CK's but dont own them which are more for the elder gen. not worth $120 in AUST, wait when on sale?

-1 for low radius
Rating 9/10

DorianBordeaux
DorianBordeaux

i tried it before a few months, the opening was good kinda weak not much of a presence but after 2 hours past the scent just revealed itself and it was everywhere around me very light soft and smoth great for the summer lasted quite a lot on my skin around 8-9 hours , loved it

dokepi

It's combines with a white T-shirt and jeans in a sunny day...the smell is very light, not so remarcable. a weak projection.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

I am surprised that there is no lemon or some citrus fruits in notes... because the top is very citrusy

lasting power is poor - about 20 minutes on skin, 2 hours on clothes

awholenuworld
awholenuworld

I actually love this one but honestly when I tried it at the store, it grabbed my attention, though when I took this baby home, it smelt way different on my skin.

There are notes which are mentioned but are so subtle and almost hidden when applied on my skin.

johan00418
johan00418

CK Free smells so good. Is very masculine and the ladies, love it. The only problem is the lasting power, last less than 4 hours.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Yet another emasculated fragrance release from those folks at cK.

According to the notes listed above, it contains 'buchu'....What on earth is that?...Ah yes of course, that's 'Agathosma betulina'...and I'm left none the wiser....

Anyway, it's thoroughly boring in my opinion and hardly worth reviewing. However two points are worth a comment. Firstly the longevity is shockingly pathetic for a designer fragrance as you'll being doing really well to get more than 2 hours presence from it even after spraying heavily. Secondly, sadly like too many modern fragrances, the cool bottle design is about the only interesting thing here.

denmaz
denmaz

another boring and so so product from calvin klein. smells synthetic, doesn't have character. better save your money.

andrew85
andrew85

this is an original creation by Ck, stars very fresh like iced water and then it finished with a touch of coffee and tabacco, for me this scent is warm but with a very fresh basenotes. similar to Play by Givenchy, but better, much better and original than Givenchy Play.

periquito89
periquito89

That's what I figured Baldessarini Del Mar should smell. Taking the idea I had from Baldessarini, and knowing Ambré, the light and at same time conservative CK Free looks like if had came from a family were Ambré is the grandfather (not in a bad way). Not meaning they share notes, drydown. It's just the feeling. Not in love with, but it's not a bad scent.

ganeshcfc
ganeshcfc

This scent is special, fresh, and clean. Makes me feel like after a nice warm shower. It somehow gives me a peppermint and dried orange kind a smell. Somehow, i still like this. This scent would be perfect for a 2 hour movie in cinema because the scent is totally gone after 2 hours.

Longevity? Very poor on my skin

Bottle? Classic

Projection? Good

I would love to recommend this juice if CK could improve its longevity..

CK Free is free of drama and excitement. The overall scent is pretty nice. It starts out a little dry, then it's warm up into a sweeter scent. I get a subtle hint of coffee; a little creamy, a little sweet. It gets slightly clean powdery as it moves toward the end. The rest is just hard to describe, but I don't get anything that's screaming woodsy here. Again, this is nice. I'd put in the goof-proof category.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

You know what? I wasnt overly impressed with this because I didn't expect much from CK. My prejudice, yet loyal, attitude to him is because i know his scents always grow on me, which it did.
Patchouli, coffee, tobacco, suede, absinthe, juniper obviously go really well together.
It could be the perfect casual scent that would make for a nice weekend smell if not for the poorer than usual projection and longevity. Trying on my hand was great but wearing on my body was a nice smell that ended in dissapointment when I could barely smell it within the 4 hour mark. Its very close to the wearers nose, I can smell it well on my wrist, a light, green musk of patchouli and tobacco, but you ten to wonder if anyone else can smell it, because we all know inside there's not alot of point wearing a fume if noone can smell it.

If you like this scent I strongly suggest you try Hilfiger Loud. The patchouli and tobacco is strongly reminiscent between the two fragrance, but Loud also has a sweetening rose note on top that I personally think is a very nice touch.
Aslo the cedar and the suede match up pretty closely to Davidoff Echo, but without the aquatic misconception.

ESTA FRAGANCIA DE CK ES BASTANTE FRESCA Y AROMATICA ESPECIALMENTE, AL MENOS EN MI PIEL, SE ESAS QUE DEJAN UNA BUENA ESTELA AL PASAR, NO CREO QUE SEA LA MEJOR FRAGANCIA DE CK, HAY OTRAS MEJORES DE LA MARCA INCLUSIVE EL MISMO CK ONE HUELE MEJOR , ESTA SE SIENTE BASTANTE VERDE Y ALGO CITRICA AL PRINCIPIO, ESTE EFECTO DURA BASTANTE TIEMPO LO QUE LA CONVIERTE EN ALGO LINEAL PERO LUEGO DE 3 O 4 HORAS SE SIENTE ALGO CALIDA PERO MUY SOBRE LAS NOTAS FINALES, MI PUNTUACION DEL 1 AL 10 ES 6.

guest_ROUSAK
guest_ROUSAK

Nothing special, boring and does not last long.
Buy something else

secretcrush
secretcrush

Fresh and clean but nothing special at all... Smells like so many other typical mens fragrances such as Sean John, Gucci by Gucci,Nautica Voyage, one of the Polo's and even a Suave Sport shower gel. This is a smell that is all too familiar...

kerrso99
kerrso99

Wife bought me this as a summer fragrance and i like it ,very fresh crisp and "clean"fragrance and lasted longer than other summer scents

ausamamira
ausamamira

IMO, it is a stronger and longer lasting version of Gucci by Cucci por homme !!!! if i have to chose between both i would go for ck free for those reasons ..... both are very ordinary and dont worth much but not that bad at the same time ....

andrevarx
andrevarx

A woody EDT but fresh, something that took me by surprise. It has notes of fresh and spicy entry. The middle notes evoke a very cool green wood, too, I think the woods are better in cold climates, this is perfect for warm weather. Letters slightly spicy, green, and wood very young. Its base notes are little appreciated because it does not seem to reach that stage, before the scent fades.

It has a preferred age range of young, really is nothing romantic, just is fresh and different, a fresh wood for summer. It is a very clean and original scent. Use for friendly gatherings, can also be used in the office because it's nothing offensive, but has a unique character that is better spent in fun events. Duration in my skin about 6 hours.

ok im back. i smelt it on my skin. its ok. nothing special but not bad. dry down was nice. Its a 'nice' fragrance. Another light, fresh frag that has just a little much sweet in it without a hard edge that makes you wonder is it a unisex fragrance

so far on paper it smells really good
imna try it and seee how i like it. i can beleve it wont last too long but its not so expensice that you cant layer a bit on. It is another 'fresh young' type scent that has been marketed soo much but it isnt all citrusy or aquatic or woody. From what i smelt on the paper I will give it a try, smells sweet in a non fruity tutti way imo

shinchan
shinchan

a friend of mine brought me this cologne, it's fresh, clean, i like it

I'm a little shocked by looking at the notes listed here. CK Free doesn't smell as unique as its composition.

I'm in agreeance with the other reviewers here, CK Free is very bland and boring. It's missing something that makes it stand out from the rest of the male scents on the market.

CK Free is not unpleasant, I find it very wearable, however it has a very citrusy and fresh edge that is starting to become a little overdone in the fragrance industry. I don't see citrus listed here in the notes, but I swear I can smell some bergamot and lemon with an almost aquatic type note.

The woods are not very prominent. In fact, the oak and cedar are so subtle that they could be easily dismissed. More in the way of the juniper berries, coffee and patchouli would have given this fragrance an interesting touch and would have made this fragrance far more complex than it is.

All in all, CK Free is a pleasant Summer scent that just hasn't managed to reach the mark with me.

Veedabestchef

ck free is a good name for this one...they free alot of notes thats why you dont smell all the notes in this fragrance..they should unfree the notes so we will able to see smell the beautiful notes......very boring...

Veedabestchef

i had this for since when it came out...i dont smell alot of notes in this and its just like any other scent i smell out there...nothing new and special about this...good sporty scents though.... i wouldnt buy it again....

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

i'm so skeptical with people that say they really smells the jackfruit out of this frag. I live in a tropical country where jackfruits r widely available n i have eaten it so many times not to mention smelt it so many times too but i swear i didnt smell any jackfruits when i tested this frag at the department store the other day. It smelt too generic fresh n sporty. An ok one but nothing special.Perhaps the bottle is the only thing that's attractive.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Nominated in fifi awards for this year!like it!smells unusual because of the fruit they put in!

Rouu
Rouu

the bottle is so damn attractive !! i just luve it , so modern and simple !!

the perfume is just nothing special!! like any after shave cologne !! cant deserve CK logo there!!

What people in general forget that,

the whole CK line, from Ck One, Ck Be, Ckin2U for him and her is all about being young, free, fresh, crisp, clean, independent and sexy.
They are never ment to be overpowering, or long lasting.
Rather sprayed generously all over the body, and to be refreshed during the day with some more.

Ck-free is a fresh, aromatic woody.

I love the mixture of the freshness from juniper berries with star anise, it gives a fresh and soft mysterious feeling to the warmth of the coffee at the heart note,
and the balance with the suede from the heart note with the woody and earthy base lends a sunny, warm, happy and a generous modern man.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

ok this is exactly like mint chewing gum ! very boring , very silly , very bland , very weak . not long lasting
completley unoriginal and smells EXTRMELY cheap :(

calvin klien are doing really bad with thier perfumes :(
thier only best is euphoria , and perhaps a couple other ones but thats it :((((((

not worth the try

jaz2902
jaz2902

I too am really disappointed with this one. It's not special at all. All I smell is mint. Smells like a minty chewing-gum. Not a fan. However... the guy in the advertisement... PHHHOOOAAARRR!!! At least they did well choosing him... ;)

Smells very generic, like all those other "sporty fresh" fragrances i cant smell any coffee, its not bad but there are a ton of fragrances that smell the same and im kinda bored of this smell

Kankuro
Kankuro

Boring, CK free smells like a million other sport fragrances out there. NEXT!

svillatoro
svillatoro

Nice but nothing outstanding there are a lot of better options in the market

bronstein
bronstein

A new fragrance by Calvin Klein is a reason to go out to the shops and have a go. This time, it's a disappointment. It's not bad, no, that's not the problem...

Generally there's nothing wrong with producing scents that some people don't like. CK in particular has a number of scents that I'm not fond of, and a couple of scents that I really love. But more alarmingly, I can't spot anything unique about this one.

Even those CK scents that I don't like that much are still recognisable. This one is not. And that's exactly why it's the first true disappointment by Calvin Klein.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Happy New Year to you all :)

For me, Ck free is rather light as pointed by other folks with nice and unique jackfruit smell. But to add a dimension on Ck free from what my nose keeps telling me, it is a jackfruit that stands out on top notes and survive a drying down process. I cannot smell tobacco but I can smell patchoulli and it is really nice and light in here.

All in all, easy-wearing and pleasant fragrance in a well-designed bottle. 9/10 Thank you for reading :)

chattedenuit
chattedenuit

from this one i can smell only tobacco, which kind of gives me headache.

sham_1983
sham_1983

i saw this and i expect more better than ckin2u ,men, ..i hold the bottle and i think its nice.. i start spray on my a skin and omg .. a big dissapoint.. (what is this smell ) and i expect a masterpiece like contradiction,truth,ckbe ,eternity or crave... but this smell u can get from cheap COTY... sorry to say but i used to a fan of this brand...

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I tested this and I was quite dissapointed to be honest. On me it did not last more than an hour. I was expecting something more appropriate for the fall/autumn. This is more like a summer fragrance 5/10

urobian
urobian

well, i cant say a negative view.. to me is just a nice fruity-aromatic fragance. the last olfative base is very comfortable, powdery with a synthetic floral end..i agree is nothing new here but is not bad at all... on my skin was very permanent for hrs and sillage more than ok... so finally, you can choose others.

Brumen
Brumen

a fake...it smells like bath shower gel by adidas (sportly version), totally synthetic poor materials....is it a fragrance? please...... acidulous stink that you can find in other 1000 one

guest_ali
guest_ali

its almost the same as ck one summer 2009....ermmm...

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

Oh no CK! I wanted to love this but to me it just smells like all his othe fragrances.

It has the same crisp opening you expect from a CK fragrance then it all goes downhill from there.

I used to have love for CK fragrances (apart from the CKOne Summer Editions, I'm never disappointed with them) but they are extremely boring and generic.

Come on make me love you again!!

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I saw this in Dillard's today so of course I had to try it out! It's an ok scent. It's nice and & light, Free is a great name for it.

The initial spray of it smelt so damn good OMG. Initial sprays are sooo tricky though, NEVER base a cologne unless you wear it first... and thank god I did.

Now that it's dried down it seriously just smells like a pack of gum, spearmint to be exact. Longevity isn't the greatest either. When I said light, I really did mean it. It fades quickly and I have to hold my wrist up my nose to smell it.

Don't get me wrong, it's an ok youthful, inexpensive fragrance but that's literally all it is.

guest_Echosaisis
guest_Echosaisis

smells fruity to me, just smelled it at the ck store today.... don't really notice the masculine undertones.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I smell it from a magazine stripe, it is very fresh, green and aromatic with woody base note. Very ordinary I can say and typical CK style. I think is appear to be a very casual fragrance for younger generation. Hints: It somehow remind me DIESEL - Only The Brave (80% smell a-like). I like CK simplistic bottle design, CK free's bottle design is one of my favorite!

Update: I've tried this perfume on my skin couple of time since it's launching, it last less than 2 hours on me, be warned that it is very watery and very light. The scent is very casual and not special, think twice if you want something new, special and creative. I will give this 4/10.

CK Free by Calvin Klein 3.02 out of 5 based on 419 ratings and 98 user reviews

Calvin Klein CK Free Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
CK FREE for MEN by Calvin Klein EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
CK FREE for MEN by Calvin Klein EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Calvin Klein CK Free Travel Edition Coffret After Shave Lotion 100ml 3.4oz After Shave Balm Alcohol Free 150ml 5oz 2pcs
Calvin Klein CK Free Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Calvin Klein CK Free Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Zappos.com
Aftershave
Calvin Klein CK Free After Shave Balm No Color Fragrance
Calvin Klein CK Free After Shave Balm No Color Fragrance
Beauty Bridge
Calvin Klein CK Free For Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz.
Calvin Klein CK Free For Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz.
Gift Set 1.7oz
Calvin Klein CK Free Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Hair Body Wash 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
Zappos.com
Calvin Klein CK Free Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz No Color Fragrance
Calvin Klein CK Free Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz No Color Fragrance

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK Free fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK Free, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK Free by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK Free by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.