Designers » C » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men
dislike

aldehydic
CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Videos
CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Pictures CK One Red Edition for Him Calvin Klein for men Pictures

New variants of the CK One fragrance from Calvin Klein, which leads amongst urban youth fragrances for over ten years now, are called CK One Red Edition. CK One Red Edition for Her and CK One Red Edition for Him are available from January of 2014.

CK One Red Edition for Him begins with pear and aldehydes. Its heart of suede, black pepper and ginger is laid on the base of vetiver, tonka bean and musk.

The fragrances are available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Pear Aldehydes

Suede Black Pepper Ginger

Vetiver Tonka Bean Musk

212 Glam Men
Life Energy

CK One Red Edition for Him Fragrance Reviews

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

Just picked this up at Marshall's for $9.99, the body wash was included also. I already own CK One Shock so I was a bit curious to smell this. My impression is that pear note is first out of the gate that gives off this feminine vibe. It's not like a BBW pear smell, more like a dirty pear I guess. Then the dark, sweetness kicks in and it pretty much stays like that until it's death. I've noticed people having projection and longevity issues, well I must have gotten a good batch because I've worn this twice already with no problem. I do think it's worth buying if you find it for the right price. It's a good smell IMO, seems to me like an all season type of character. 7/10

sameh
sameh

CK One Red Edition for Him is a good one from Calvin Klein fresh , spicy & a little dirty ( I smell it on my skin ) but just good not WOW or bad beside I like all ck line cause of the refillable bottles as it comes very handy.

waygo
waygo

Delicious sweet almost feminine pear opening that disappears to soft tonka beans and suede mix. Too bad it doesn't project well and longevity is poor. It's a good smelling cheapie but I would not re buy only cause the staying power is weak.

nemesis76
nemesis76

CK One Red is a pleasant surprise and I admit it stands out from my gang of colognes...except for that other red bottle I own called Dunhill Desire. But CK Red is less sweet and is more of a Spring time scent rather than a Winter scent like Desire.

The smell is slightly synthetic but I also recieve hints of fresh pairs covered in a blanket of suede done right. Its a light scent yet yummy to my nostrils and I found myself a new appreciation of pears. The sillage is arms length but the longevity leaves a bit more to be desired. But for a low cost I think its an average level scent yet I find myself spraying this on a few days a week now. Give it a shot and why not said the partridge in a pear tree.

7 out of 10

goshetoo
goshetoo

This fragrance is nice, I can't say it's great... but it's just all right. I've noticed that the longevity on my skin is better in the colder days, whereas in the summer is a little bit weaker.

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

Nice enough scent. Reminds me a lot of Davidoff Hot Water. For me, the smell of CK One Red is much better than Hot Water, which is very synthetic to me. With that written, CKOR has to be one of the WORST I've ever owned in terms of projection and longevity. It is less than a skin scent on me about 30 minutes in during 70+ degree summer use. Joop! Homme Wild gives me similar effects to CKOR, but with oodles more projection and longevity.

One other way CKOR is similar to Hot Water - the fact that I won't be keeping it.

bronstein
bronstein

It's an ok everyday fragrance. The unisex character of the original One is kept alive despite its declaration as being a male scent. All in all it appears as if it is meant to hideaway behind the scent rather than attracting the outside world.

esteban747
esteban747

It's a strange synthetic opening. Aldheydes wrapped in suede and Tonka bean.
It's like a masculine fragrance that irradiates freshness.
The pear appears suddenly just like a quick sweet/fruity breeze.
Finally it settles down with vetyver and pepper.
As usual with most Ck fragrances, longevity is the Achilles heel of this fragrance.
It also feels like a toned down perfume mid way between Ck One and Ck Shock.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

I got pears and suede...and I dare to say this combination smells divine on my skin, longevity being average (about 6 hrs)

r1989
r1989

There are some elements that I really, really like, but those are overpowered by a very girly fruit note. I really think it's very strange that it is marketed towards men.. Eventough I like the fragrance, this is just not something I would feel comfortable wearing since the girlyness (not even feminine..)...

promaya
promaya

Oh, I love it! I think it's a very masculine smell, I didn't expect it at first- the opening is somewhat fruity but, when the middle and base notes star to emerge, it's a bingo, if you ask me. To me, as a woman, it's a fragrance that makes you think you're talking with a man who knows what he wants.Not atz all sweet, appropriately fresh, no pine and yet very masculine. It's even got some traces of my favourite Aqua di Gio. Vetiver is a great substitute for cedar- it makes it special and lighter.
However, I have to agree that the colour of the bottle causes a lot of confusion- I would expect a balsamic, spicy, woody fragrance. This is probably the reason why I didn't try it until now.
The longevity is moderate, neither too good or too bad, but acceptable. The price is fine too! I give it a high vote!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

It's quite nice, lasts pretty well, got about 8 hours at close range, didn't project very well. It smells to me like leathery gin, once the initial fruity opening has gone. There are in my opinion zero hints of aldehydes here, I think we all know from no5 and Arpege how big and powerful a content they can be, no signs at all here. Another excellent CK One Flanker, get one :-)

This is just a quick observation of this and the pear just captivates me. I enjoy this note because it's not very common in men's fragrance. The notes reminds me of Azzaro Decibel but it's not. I wish Decibel could have been a bit more like this. Anyway, CK One Red still feel like CK One however but not an exact duplicate of the classic. Nice pear, vertices, that fake but good sweetness, and aldehydes! I like this more than the recent release; CK Shock, too.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

It went really quick to vanilla / tonka bean smell to me. Not what I would call fresh smelling, more like yummy smelling.
I think this will be great to smell on a guy and would make me think of him as hug-able. Like Teddy Bear.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

CK One Red opens strong with the pear note but fades to its base of tonka beans and suede really fast. It's a really light fragrance with some lost potential.

antonioiordan1
antonioiordan1

Very nice fragrance :)

Yosa
Yosa

I loved this one, suitable for everyday use. Not heavy at all, kind of sporty and young.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

"Sparkling"! It's not as bad as others may say .. I like it a little, it is true that it is lightweight, does not last long, but the fragrance is not bad! Electric.

Sillage : 6./10
Longevity : 6.5/10
Scent : 7.5/10

Overall : 7.5/10

vcnz
vcnz

I like the smell but it lasts only a very short time, actually it's gone after 20 minutes.

Basically it's a wasting of money !!! I'm very disappointed

degauss
degauss

I went into the store looking for a cool(-ing), unisex scent to help me focus during long hours of stuffy work suffering from a lack of sufficient ventilation, and ended up with this. It's not what I wanted initially, but it's a wearable, pleasant CK scent. I don't see why this is marketed as strictly masculine, because it most definitely is not. Sillage and projection are not huge but it layers well - so - versatile. Everything in this review projects that I am not awed by Red Edition, but I am pleased with it, however. I did buy it, after all. It's universal, unobjectionable, well-blended, unisex and characteristic enough to be noticed for all of these.

Edit, one month later: lies lies lies. It has grown on me, and I rue the admittedly short sillage (damn you, EDT). This scent combines the metallic note I used to (and still do) love in Truth which pervades some ozonic twang closely intertwined with a thick, sweet creaminess. The combination is surprisingly pleasant for someone as curmudgeonly-when-it-comes-to-perfume as me. This is the closest description that may actually be useful that I can come up with.
(I don't recall how Dune smells like exactly, but there is some vague resemblance, I think.)

periquito89
periquito89

Red wave. Out of the recent "Reds" I´ve tried ou impulsively bought, including Polo Red and one or another I don't remember well, I´m sure this is one of the most decent (I´m doing a little edit to say Hugo Red is ok too). To my nose at least. Not at all sickly sweet, and creamy and fruity are characteristics that are here as noted by others reviewers, but there's some balance. I can't say it's a must buy, and I have to say that I may be a bit condescendent to it because I previously tried CK One Shock Him, CK One Shock Street Him and CK One Summer 2013, and all didn't catch me that much. Two because are very sweet, and the last because smells a bit like a common soap.

nonsisa
nonsisa

I'm not a fan of CK. Neither in fashion nor in perfumery but I have to admit that the Red Edition is a pretty well done coup.

Modern, energetic, outgoing and distinct even though it reminds me a bit of 212.

Nicely done. Therefore I'd recommend it.

kizz_man
kizz_man

Really this one Mack me confuse in many ways ...the bottle black, the name red and the writing is red . But all I can smell is green with a little fruit , nothing indicates that red, must call it green....
This is from my humble opinion.

santi143
santi143

mini review:
Smelled this today at work... Top and middle notes smell similar to Jay-z while the page base is sweet and warm like unbreakable bond.

Okay so now the 90's unisex concept of CK One has been scrapped for the his/her approach and frankly they needn't have bothered. This is a boardroom fragrance and by that I don't mean suitable for a businessman. This fragrance feels contrived and has more than an air of 'fragrance by committee' about it. Not only does CK One Red conform to the sex specific paradigm but it also has the bland flavour of the month, jump on the bandwagon feel to it...Namely Tonka bean.
Burberry Brit Rhythm was uninspiring but CK One Red is not even as enjoyable as that. The blast of fresh but cheap smelling fruit and aldehydes which settle into a tonka, vetiver and musk, just doesn't work for me... there's no harmony there.
Not bad as such, perfectly wearable and I'm sure will sell but it's never going to set the world alight. The reason for my (mini)rant is the lack of imagination shown here, to be fair to the house CK Shock and Encounter are reasonably brave efforts in recent years. I actually liked the original CK One & particularly CK Be just for being fresh, young and accessible.
These new 'ones' just seem like Clavin Klein's attempt to 'reboot' the CK One brand/franchise in a similar way Hollywood is doing with increasing velocity.

Gault
Gault

Nice but totally unoriginal grassy/soapy/mildly floral/musky ginger scent, somewhere between one of the Azzaro Chrome flankers and Carolina Herrera 212 and Bvlgari Aqva Marine but without any metallic sharpness.
Considering the low price this is a good choice for spring and summer.

kaysee
kaysee

It's like lacoste style in play and ends up like CK one. Fruity and fresh. Longevity and projection mediocre

lovetribe
lovetribe

first impression:fruity juice. remember lacoste style in play.

antonpan
antonpan

I do like the new Red. It has nothing common with Shock edition and closer to the regular one. It smells like a modern version of Azzaro Chrome: take the base of Chrome and add fruity notes with some sourness. The result is attractive for those who appreciate this type of scents.

Gaylydie
Gaylydie

Essayé hier et franchement j'ai adoré ,j'ai même préféré celui pour hommes que celui pour femmes ,je pense qu'il peut être aussi porté par les femmes et ce qui me plaît c'est bien sûr l'odeur de la fève tonka qui est celle que l'on sent le plus dans ce parfum et j'adore cette odeur bref il me faut ce parfum :)

Gazo30
Gazo30

Tried this today, its not really to my taste but im sure lots people will enjoy it. to me it smells like old velvet/suede mixed with pepper notes on 1st spray, drydown i will update later! its not too long lasting, id say around 6-7hrs, about 1.5ft projection. im sure a Lot people will love this, unfortunately im not one of them, its a good scent in my opinion, just not as good as shock or original CK One but then that just me :)

Overall 6.75/10

UPDATE:

Dry Down Is Much Better Than 1st hour or so.......

Gotta update this, ive been racking my brain all day, this smells so familiar on dry down but i cant think where ive smelt it before.........

UK Prices are around £20-25 50ml

smoj
smoj

smells like stagnant dish water to me. not very nice at all.

jovejove
jovejove

I've dealt with fragrance from lower end retailers to high end retailers, and the concept of unisex fragrances is not well accepted these days in the lower end spectrum of mass fragrance consumption. CK One still does the majority of sales for the CK franchise and their summer editions are still unisex, but they are missing the mark on the younger generations with the thought of something being unisex in consideration to fragrances v. fashion (hipster) trends. When you look at higher end fragrances, typically private and niche collections, have been a major craze for designers and perfumers the past few years. There have been a significant amount of unisex launches. Eg, Armani Prive, Cartier Essence collection, Tom Ford Private Collection, Frederic Malle, Acqua Di Parma, Maison Martin Margiela, Killian, Lutens, Vagabond, Hermes; Jardin, Hermessence, Eau de series, etc. I've also found that in the mid range retailers in North America, there has been a shift to not just buy designer, but buy quality fragrances, and ones that have not been plagued with popularity. People are getting bored with flankers and want something new, which can also be a reason as to why the shift to men's and women's CK One editions; to spread the brand profile. This is beginning to turn into a senseless rant, so I'll stop here hahaha.

I liked what they did with the men's shock, so I hope this will be just as different and interesting for the brand.

junior halston
junior halston

Yeah I found that interesting too the unisex looks like it's out of trend.

CK One Red Edition for Him by Calvin Klein 3.52 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Red Edition for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Red Edition for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Red Edition for Him by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Red Edition for Him by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.