Designers » C » Woody Aquatic « Groups

CK One Summer 2008 Calvin Klein for women and men

CK One Summer 2008 Calvin Klein for women and men
dislike

ozonic
CK One Summer 2008 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures CK One Summer 2008 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures CK One Summer 2008 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures

In March 2008 CK has launched a new summer edition of CK One Summer unisex fragrance.

It is created by Harry Fremont of Firmenich. It is composed of mint, watermelon, cardamom, cucumber, hedione-extract of jasmine blossom, musk and woodsy accords.

This fresh cocktail of notes comes as EDT in 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) blue colored bottle.

Musk Cucumber Mint Woodsy Notes Watermelon Cardamom

CK One Summer 2013
I.D. Energy

CK One Summer 2008 Fragrance Reviews

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I bought this one a few years ago while flying out of Switzerland - they had a handful of duty free items on the plane and this one looked tempting. It was a hot summer so i figured it would be perfect. When i finally got a chance to open it a couple of days later i was pleasantly surprised. I spritzed it on and it was really citrusy, refreshing and remarkably it had good projection and longevity. Nothing special though and very androgynous. The novelty soon wore off and i ended up giving it away. It was my last attempt at smelling tomboyish =p

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

This was my favorite for years!

cen3petal
cen3petal

Actually i just felt some lily in this frag.

Vincheng
Vincheng

very light ... fresh

girmak
girmak

bought it a few years ago..it was a bargain. never opened the bottle.just opened it. it is extremely masculine, definitely not unisex-not like others, be or one:(

halwaya
halwaya

I bought this fragrance in a duty free before the departure to Barcelona. Hence this CK reminds me of this place. Its name tho' says it is a one time only. I wouldn't buy this again.

noseattheready
noseattheready

Fresh with woody undertones, a more masculine-feeling summer scent, but it doesn't stop me from wearing it! Perfect for the Australian summer - possibly my favourite of the limited edition CK One Summers.

bluemonday
bluemonday

I am in love with this fragrance. I bought it for my boyfriend (I think it's a very masculine rather than unisex smell), for his birthday back in 08, not knowing it was limited edition. He loved it and used it all the time. When I looked it up later and realised it was discontinued and (after disliking the new one for 09) I immediately told him to start using it moderately so it wouldn't run out, because I love it THAT much. There's barely any left but I refuse to let it all disappear, just so I can smell it every now and then.

Heverton
Heverton

Calvin Klein is very famous for launching every year, different versions of the traditional cK One summer line. However, the difference is that they change the composition of the fragrance from year to year, not just the bottle design, like some other companies do!

On Ck One Summer 2008, we have a very pleasant smell. The scent begins with a very nice tone that mixes watermelon and cucumber in a way that seems to be taking a nice juice of these two ingredients in a hot day, while sitting in a place surrounded by mint leaves exuding a discreet aroma in the environment.

And so this smell stays on my skin until the end. I did not feel any cardamom as described in the olfactory pyramid.

Longevity was about 5 hours.

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

I find this scent much more masculine and aggressive than classical CK One so I am wearing it only occasionally. Well, since I have had only this and classical CK One, I can compare only those two, and I can not find anything similar between them except the bottle. Btw, the letters on this bottle are wearing down after few touches, quite poor quality.

tanbleu
tanbleu

Does anyone know where I can find this cologne? I had it, but am all out. The only place I can find it is on Amazon for like 60 bucks, and that was more than the retail price in 2008!, so I'm not going to pay that much for a 2008 frag. So any other places? Thanks

Grottola
Grottola

EXTREMELY refreshing cucumber-melon aquatic. Also contains a tangy citrus note (grapefruit?) and some mango-like fruity notes. Has a cool "minty" affect and is great for those hot and muggy summer days.

Lasts a decent time on my skin; 6-7 hours.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

This fragrance is wonderful.Can smell the mint and Watermelon, great combination.
My boyfriend loves it and actually wants to take my bottle!
Super fresh, cool, carefree ... you can always expect good versions of Calvin Klein.
I luv it.

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

a more masculine, wearable version of the 07 one

saqib31
saqib31

a good fragrance basic notes are sweet,good longlasting smell 8 to 9 hrs easily.
CK one Summer family always create an impression.

andrew85
andrew85

this juice is marvelous, a citrus, iced, fresh fragrance, special for summer. is very yummy, juicy, with its notes of watermelon, mint, cucumber and jasmine. just wonderful, every Ck One Summer creations are just amazing and very original, better that the others Ck One series..

guest_perfumer
guest_perfumer

on the bottle it smells really fresh and i could really get a sense of the watermelon. unfortunately, on my skin it smells really floral, and quite feminine for a unisex scent. the bad news is, i am a guy who enjoys smelling fresh and appreciate the "just showered" scent. unfortunately, it does not achieve that at all. it smells too heady and floral on me. and the projection is very floral...like your grandma's cologne.HOWEVER i must say that on my clothes, it smells better. if you want a truly summery scent that isnt too feminine, i suggest you get ck one summer 2009. it is gorgeously citrusy and smells like a mojito (it has notes of rum, citrus, and mint)

I was still quite under the spell of D & G Lite Blue when this came out, so I passed on it. Hind sight is always 20/20 so now I wished I had bought it since I am currently a big fan of woody aquatics and D&GLB is now in a box in my towel cupboard. Cucumber adds a nice watery feel along with the cardamom and watre mint. Watermelon adds to the succulent sweet cleanliness. I will have to be happy with my Puma Create man...

guest_purplerain217
guest_purplerain217

i am so in love with this fragrance. i finished my first bottle n bought two more....love it, love it, love it....i hope they come up with something similar to this that wont be discontinued...ionno wat i'm gonna do wen itz all out..i am very picky wit my perfume...i'm never able to stick to one thing n even finish the whole bottle..but this, OMG...

guest_georgia
guest_georgia

very fresh and fantastic summer scent. stayng power is amazing. thanks perfumer harry fremont.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I bought it in Hongkong when I was traveling there. This is the second fragrance that I own, it impressed me at the first sniff, it was so fresh and feels like the ocean. It reverted all the negative impressions about perfume in my mind.

From then on I became a perfume lover.

--- Update:

Today I almost use it up, and it's really a fantasitic perfume in summers. I think it can grow better on human's skin than on clothes, because on clothes, the citrus hardly give way to the delicious watermelon. Hmm... a fresh combo of cucumber and watermelon!
(7/9/2010)

guest_Vika
guest_Vika

not bad, but nothing special, wouldn't recommend and would not buy again

OlgaN
OlgaN

when i smell the scent it leads my soul to the beach...
recommended for those who like summer scent and unisex kind of perfume...

Sanny
Sanny

This one is lovely. I like perfumes that are not too feminine and this one is ideal for my taste. I hate to repeat my perfumes so I am in search of a good replacement for this one.

danielmrc
danielmrc

Excelente para cualquier día sandía y menta hacen un abuena combinación

mandashell
mandashell

THis is okay. Love the refreshing watermelon and cucumber in the opening but don't care for the drydown. It is very fresh. SO fresh, in fact, that you will smell like you literally just stepped out of the shower. While smelling it I was reminded of a Zest soap my brother uses. So far, I really haven't been a big fan of the CK One Summer editions. They all end up being a wee bit too masculine for my tastes. If you are looking for a good citrus-y/aquatic scent I'd look elsewhere.

arshia_pku
arshia_pku

its light & so fresh..

sanne:)
sanne:)

I WANT IT SO BAD!

parfumaddicted
parfumaddicted

I think it smells a little bit like escada tropical punch ... !

svillatoro
svillatoro

One of the best citrus fragrances I've ever smelled...

nightcrawler27
nightcrawler27

Perfect! Love this scent! Reminds me of romantic summer nights in Boracay

caliope19
caliope19

although it is a fresh scent i would say it's more for men than women...shameless in my skin smells really bad...in the paper smells really great

chriswchan420
chriswchan420

one of my favorite scents of all time. smells so fresh and cool. I wear it everyday in the spring and summer but sometimes i'll wear it once in a while in the winter and it just brings back memories of summer.

sharyssa
sharyssa

It starts with an opening of mint and cucumber and then it settles in secondly with watermelon and it is so crisp and fresh and then as it dries down I can detect the woods and cardamom.It is a very unique fragrance that can be worn by both men and women and I really enjoy this scent, not to mention the cool blue fragrance in the bottle it looks like the ocean and it is pretty and I like the fact that it has a cap for the men to splash it on and a sprayer for us ladies to spritz it on and feel cool,fresh and confident knowing we smell good!

crfan
crfan

I really think this is a scent for GIRLS. No male should wear this.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Watermelon, mint and cucumber! Lovely combination for hot days. And I don't find this fragrance floral at all...

jasonx
jasonx

This is my nightmare right here. It opens really fresh and cool, a lot of mint and watermelon. However, when it dry down, it becomes very unbearable, very strong, very floral, very feminine and gives me a headache.
I bought this one before even smelling it because I was a huge fan of CK One so I thought this would be some what similar plus the bottle is so cool.
However this one came with a big disappointment. There was one time I went to the cinema with my friend wearing this, not much though, just 2 spray, 1 on my chest and 1 on my back. The smell became really strong not only me felt uncomfortable but my friend also literally covered her nose when sitting next to me. What a embarrassment!
But I think this is just the fragrance is not suitable for me because I gave it to my mom and it smelled really light and sweet on her.
This one is so weird!

meala
meala

i love the ck one summer collection, its refreshing and cool. im collecting them now starting from the 2005 edition :) i love it....

KATHLEEN
KATHLEEN

its me and my guy's perf... for some everyday use... chillin scent and just laid back moment! =] xoxo

acc
acc

it is a very light and fresh scent but it can become a nightmare for a men.
it starts with a lot of mint and cardamom but then becomes very floral, very girly!

Minty, very masculine. Mint, cucumber, wood and aquatics. Nice and summery, but better on husband than me. There's a lot of vetiver in the drydown which tends to masculinize a scent.

elaida_00
elaida_00

this CK fragrance it`s weird..why?because at the begining you feel the cold mint on your skin, very refreshing but afrewards it`s sweety..kinda floral..and masculine it`s nice but not extra i like better the In2U

guest_emyr
guest_emyr

wow this is my parfume and i love it. fresh and elegance

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I love all the CK One Summer fragrances. This year's scent has a nice opening mint note.

A Classic I look forward to every year.

motavate
motavate

Great scent. I've been selling quite a bit of this lately.

guest_love it
guest_love it

it smells so good, its light and it feels fresh,, i would recomend it

CK One Summer 2008 by Calvin Klein 4.12 out of 5 based on 136 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2008 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2008, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Summer 2008 by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Summer 2008 by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.