Designers » C » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

CK One Summer 2009 Calvin Klein for women and men

CK One Summer 2009 Calvin Klein for women and men
dislike

ozonic
CK One Summer 2009 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures CK One Summer 2009 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures

Full of energy, fresh, aquatic composition that will color your hot summer day with its crystal watery aromas, is announced as a new limited edition by Calvin Klein. Just like every year, this refreshing and vibrant cocktail of notes will appear on the market in its distinguished bottle, colored in bright yellow, lime green and turquoise, promising new and provocative refreshment and representing a fun and sunny summer day.

CK One Summer 2009 is intended to be used for a sunny day by a pool. It opens with aromas of blue mint, cucumber, lime and bergamot. After the first splash of freshness, aquatic accords come along, together with green apple, rosemary and lotus in a heart, emphasized by narcotic accords of rum cocktail, sandalwood, driftwood and oak moss in a base.

The fragrance is available as 100 ml EDT.

Mint Cucumber Lime Bergamot

Sea water Green Apple Rosemary Lotus

Rum Sandalwood Woodsy Notes Oakmoss

CK One Summer 2012

CK One Summer 2009 Fragrance Reviews

kllex7
kllex7

I have CK One summer 2009 and used up all of it. I really do enjoy wearing this fragrance in a hot summer day..be it on the beach, vacation, or hanging out during hot humid days. This fragrance just suit the mood. A cheerful one indeed. I gonna missed it so much.

Sillage: B+ it's quite good to get someone notice!
Longevity: B- kinda poor (known issue for CK)
Compliment: B i do get compliment on and off
Value: B it's kinda cheap compare to other citrus/summer frag yet the smell is good.

sameh
sameh

Way too feminine for my taste , won't be bought again !

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

I had this too, didn't like the citrus explosion similar to CK summer 2011. Good thing, my brother loves it. He emptied the bottle for me. LOL!

90hou
90hou

It smells like 2013, but this bottle is nicer.

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

This is one Summer Scent that you can grow on. I can't find it in the stores. So if you run up on it stock up.

hey_im_christine
hey_im_christine

Yes! summer it is. citrus but it is okay. Lemon scent but easy on the nose.

patupat
patupat

My favourite one.

Weby007
Weby007

I have just purchased this fragrance online and I have got to say that I was pretty disappointed. I currently have the 2012 version and was very impressed and heard that this one is similar, so I thought I would give it a shot. This fragrance smells exactly the same as the 2012 version. I sprayed one on each wrist and could not tell the difference, however the 2012 version was a lot stronger and lasted 10 times longer on my skin. After reading the good reviews about it on here, I was very disappointed. I thought that it would at least smell a bit different to the 2012 version and would of lasted just as long. Looks as though I will be sticking with my trusty 2012 version and I hope that next year's is just as great.

icekat
icekat

The 2009 summer version of CK ONE is a wonderful scent for hot days. The composition is interesting and refreshing with citrus notes, herbs and woody base. The scent would smell equally nice on a man or a woman. It is not too masculine but also not too feminine, so it occupies this wonderful territory of truly unisex scents. And the most important, it does not smell cheap but has depth, complexity and balance. CK ONE 2009 is my perfect companion for sunny days on the beach, power walks in the morning or simply relaxing in the backyard. I can put it on whenever I want to feel refreshed and relaxed.

The opening of CK ONE 2009 has a lovely zing of lime, freshness of mint and relaxing cucumber. The mixture works great. I love both lime and mint here. The scent remains aromatic as it develops. In the heart notes I continue to smell mint and lime but there is rosemary and apple added to the mix. The floral notes of lotus are very gentle and not overpowering. I also enjoy how the woody base comes in pretty soon and adds lovely layer to the heart notes. The scent remains woody aromatic in the dry down but there is a drop of rum in the base. It is not too strong to be perceived as an alcohol but it gives very interesting and pleasant accent to the woods.

The only drawback of this scent is the longevity. I can smell it for 4 hours tops on my skin, so I keep on reapplying. But other than that, I definitely recommend this scent if you can find it. I think it is one of my favorites CK ONE flankers. Overall score is 7.5/10.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I don't see how the 2012 scent is any different than this (maybe a little more seawater in this one?) but it's still a beautiful, fresh, summer essential.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Bought in Spain in 2009 for the summer (left my powerhouse frags at home)
We had a 3 week summer vacation to hot n sunny Malaga in spain and i needed a "On the beach and in a loungebar" scent which wasnt overwhelming by its high temperature in Malaga, so i picked up a bottle of CK one 2009 summer (splash version 3.4oz)
This one was really OK it was a good company in the hot climate and the staying power was nice too
Cucumber was really noticable indeed that was the different part in the scent.
I didnt find it unisex but more towards masculine in my eyes.
I guess a good unisex-frag is always 70% masculine and 30 % feminine...
A real nice after shower and go to beach scent!
By the way as a frag addict i splashed it all away in these 3 weeks... :-)
No more and no less.

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

so far the best edition of CK One Summer, smells airy and fresh thx to cucumber.

soumyadeep
soumyadeep

Just loved this perfume, a big fan of CK One brand I keep on waiting for the special edition releases. Got the Summer 2011 collection yesterday and am loving that as well. Amazing Longevity and decent silage, CK one is one of the most cherished and long used brand for me.

Miss_J
Miss_J

On me it smells like lime and cucumber. It's like a hybrid of BBW's cucumber melon & cool citrus basil..well, it's not a bad scent per se, but it's definitely a common and pleasant one. Fit for hot summer days.

lipepimpol
lipepimpol

A favorite for the hot tropical day!
makes me feel good to mint fruity cucumber aquatica initial explosion
Dry down linear, but loses power
Woods did not work so well here, but they serve!
rum!?!? for me the bottle is empty!!

regular silage
regular projection
fragrance makes me feel good!

thumbs up for its early and my preference!

gumibumi
gumibumi

My favourite in the CK One Summer line. But this scent is quite common, I smell similar scents everywhere on guys. And my friend said I smelled like her brother, oh dear.

Pinni
Pinni

I'm absolutely in love with the original CK One and also the CK One summer 2006.
That's why I always want to try out the new version coming out every summer. I have to say that this was pure soap when I smelled it! It made me think of doing the dishes and it wasn't the first time! I've been very disappointed with the summer editions after 2006.

maywong226
maywong226

my all time favourite! ... where to get some more?

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

One summer 09' is a extra fresh/citrusy frag. it starts out with a fresh cut cucumber with a lil whif of citrus. then after 30min it drys to cucumber,citrus with some musk, probly the(oakmoss) with a hit of some water note. thats what i get till the end. this is a weak frag. smells very nice but dosnt last. Guys over 27, i dont recomend this one . its too youthful. perfect for ages 16-25 ! The girls do like this one though.

Projection: weak
Longevity: 4-5 hours
smell:extra fresh
ocation: casual
season:summer

franceg
franceg

Yes, the pergect scent for hot days, for my is a summer clasic, fruity and citrus.

HI,
I saw that shoreshells in the members questions asked about a sea shore scent.
This is the one. It has a sea water smell laced with rum. Just a few fruits and flowers tossed in. Read my last review. Very tropical and oceany.

guest_debob

I bought this from Ross here in Oklahoma untested. I've never sampled CK One Summer's before so I was surprised that it is unisex. Usually I go for floral fruity, but this is fantastic. I've been looking for something different, like an aquatic, and this has everything in it I wanted. Lime, Lotus for sweetness, rum, sea water, and really cool driftwood. I'm beach lover, and this really fits my personality. Summery, beachy, fruity, but without being overly sweet. I don't think other people would even notice that it has some slightly masculine notes.
Reminds me of sitting on the beach, while sipping a tropical rum drink. Salty sea air blowing and fluttering my umbrella.

aevans3
aevans3

OMG! I bought this last year at Marshall's and it is absolutely my fav perfume. I use it sparingly because i cannot find it anymore and will be heartbroken when it runs out. I get compliments ALL the time on this Summer 2009 scent. I just wished it wasn't a limited edition! I will have to check out 2010 scent, haven't seen it anywhere for sale. Why are they so hard to find???

It was the orange and yellow cK 1 (2006) Summer I liked 1st. The others before that were good but I had not started a serious commited affair with fragrance yet so they slipped by me. Ever a fan of the original cK 1 from the early ninties, I went to the frag counter and they were out of summer '06(!!)so I got the body wash, lotion and get cool body gel and used other sprays as apropos. When the blue top, yellow bottom ('07) came out I was in my D&G Lite Blue phase and though my mom got it and I wore it occasionally it made no deep impression on me. 2008 was decent but I had once again talked myself out ao buying a seasonal "body spray" for almost 50.00 and completed my collection with the regular releases from this house. When 2009 (yellow top, agua blue bottom) came out it really impressed me, and I vowed to never skip another cK 1 summer...

Cucumber is one of my favorite notes in colognes and this one blends tart and bitter lime/bergamot accord seemlessly with cucumber and completes the union with blue mint (its leaves arent blue it's just not as pungent and GREEN as regular mints are i.e: Curve Wave for men)...succulent.

The heart splashes in with a shiny green apple livened up with rosemary. This would be quite odd without the lotus blossom that lends floral charm and aquatic overtones. The base differs from other summer releases by deviating from patchouli-amber-musk finish and gives it a true beachy feel mating rum and driftwood to warm sandalwood and moss, which I like to pretend is kelp dried in the sun. Beachier than most and only lightly spiced this juice takes all the elements of summer and squeezes them into colorful flacon for our enjoyment...spray freely!

Sillage: good
Longevity: impressive
Overall: 3.25/5

I never tire of cK 1 but if I do there are enough flankers and seasonals to fill the gaps. I could kick myself for not knowing early on that each years summer frags are different and not the same juice in a different flacon. Even if you're not a big Klein fan give his summers a try you might be pleased. Last years is the olfactory equivalent of a cold, sweet tropical drink...hold the umbrella!

NB: I think the Calvin Klein page has it backwards I could have sworn 2006 was orangish yellow (woody floral musk) and 2007 (the summer Mom got hers) it was blue top, yellow bottom. I bought the orange body products end of winter 06-07 and the citrus aromatic for Mother early summer 07. Maybe I'm confused, who knows?

EDIT 6/27/2010: The confusion is now cleared up-2004(chartruese bottle:great!), 2005 ( dk. orang bottle-my shower gel ONLY), 2006 (moms version blue top+yellow bottom; outdoor fresh), 2007 (Orange to yellow bottle my lotion and body gel), 2008 (aqua bottle,passed for D&G Lite Blue) and 2009 (yellow top+blue bottom is my version, tropical & beachy). 2010 is superb also, clean fruity nuances with herbs and woody aromatics...

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

Happiness. A bike ride on a beautiful sunny day. Youth.

paolapasolini
paolapasolini

Yes, it's a little masculine... but I don't care at all! It makes me feel happy and bright!

It smells so good! Fresh, clean, cool, green and all sorts of yummy!

The perfect scent for hot days (which is almost every day in Brazil).

guest_Gaby
guest_Gaby

Moi je l'ai ahceté et cest mon parfum préféré a vie... il est rafraichissant et de plus cest le préféré de mon copain ... je trouve quil va autant bien a un qu'a une femme ...bravo a CK et jai aussi acheter CK ONE et il est aussi fantastique mais pour lédition 2010 du one summer ( désevant )voila

barbiot35
barbiot35

I think this one is neither unisex nor aquatic! IMO it has aromatic green notes and a slight musky base ( I mean "slight", not strong)which suits to a young man much better...

rithacha
rithacha

I bought this on a whim, against my the rational side of my brain screaming that I did not need another summer cologne. Well, One Summer 2009 was totally worth it. In the future, I will reference this experience to tell that rational side of my brain to shut up ;)

One Summer 2009 opens like a blast of cucumber-citric-melon air freshener. It is immediately cooling and fresh, like a chilly breeze on a sweltering day. The cucumber-apple duo resembles DKNY Be Delicious Women, but so much more mature. There is no sweetness to the cucumber-dominated top notes, and every suggestion of salty sea water. Truly delightful on a hot day. The base is cool and woody, but not very well-fixed; One Summer 2009 takes reapplication every few hours.

What I like best about One Summer 2009 is the way it interacts with my sweat when working out. Most other fragrances turn either goopy and sweet or sour and metallic. Not so with One Summer 2009; it seems like it was made for a workout. I think the saltiness of sweat mingles well with the sea water notes and sets off the coolness of the cucumber. Brilliant.

And everyday scent that I wouldn't wear every day for I'd probably get sick of it. But for when I hit the gym? Oh yes.

straydogfreedom
straydogfreedom

Honestly, I have probably been living under a rock, but I have never heard of the CK One Summer editions until just recently. I was shopping at Marshall's the other day and they had a bunch on display. I splashed a little on and walked around the store and decided if I still liked it before it was time to cash out I would buy it. And I really love it! I also had NO IDEA that it was a unisex spray until I came on this site. I thought it was just a perfume. I usually hate really overpowering feminine smelling sprays, and that's probably why I loved this so much. It is really fresh. I keep smelling myself! I will probably wear this all summer, and maybe even longer! I want to try the other editions now too!

ananda
ananda

What a lovely scent! Fresh, fruity, citric and sweet in a light and very optimistic vibe! I'd love to have a bottle of this... It's a shame it doesn't last long, didn't get to last one single hour on my skin...

guest_Mariann
guest_Mariann

My boyfriend bought me this perfume without knowing that is unisex, and when I tried it on, I thought I smelled like a man... don't like it on me, but I do like it on him though. I believe this perfume should be for men only, has nothing feminine in it.

Sanny
Sanny

This is not one of my favorite CK one summer. The summer 2008 is much better, even the original CK one. There are many other summer time fragrances out there that smells much nicer than this... Please don't waste a $ on this one.

guest_Sanjeev
guest_Sanjeev

This is very nice.. I buy all summer editions and this one is good one. worth spending money. I bought it at lower price in Mumbai, India

If I ever created a scent from scratch, this is how I'd want it smell. Fresh, exotic, sexy and bright.

You can tell that this is a unisex scent, but that doesn't bother me. On both sexes this would smell absolutely amazing.

CK One Summer 2009 takes me to my happy place; lying on a beach on a warm day sipping a refreshing beverage while feeling the sun soak into my skin. In other words this is a very beachy scent.

The fragrance opens with the delicious blend of mint, cucumber, lime and bergamot. I can smell every one of these notes and let me tell you, this is the ultimate Summery scent.

The scent is so unusual with notes like sea water, rosemary, rum and oakmoss creating something that you'd only expect to find hidden in a niche fragrance.

I am highly impressed by this offering from Calvin Klein, it's a pity that it's a limited edition. I'm seriously considering buying this fragrance in bulk because I love it so much.

mwater1
mwater1

I agree that this is one of the better summer flankers from the CK One Summer series. Some of the others were geared towards one sex or the other, though they were marketed as unisex fragrances. The 2009 version of CK One Summer is truly the right mix to appeal to both women and men. It has just enough citrus and aquatic notes to appeal to men, but it also achieves the right balance of floral softness for women without either being offensive to the opposite sex. For me the cucumber, lime, and ocean water really stand out. Excellent fragrance!

melissa

well, I tried this again, and it smelled alot different than before. I decided to go ahead and get it. I am glad that I gave it another chance, it smells very fresh and oceany.

Daria
Daria

This perfume is wonderful, Fresh, fruity floral,Very cool!
I like it!

AZ
AZ

The first when sprayed it has a super fresh smell like lime and grassy at the same time. It is delicious.

when it drys down it abit like lime soap similar to Zest Lemon.

It very good perfum I recommended and if you put it with Escada in to the sun it turn out to be something much better because they cover there flaws of each other.

kalilax
kalilax

I got this one last week & I simply can't stop myself from taking a whiff of it every now and again. This is so adorable. I think this is the best of "One Summer"s by Calvin Klein. Not comparable to any of the previous ones. The opening has a delightful freshness to it which turns a little warmer when dries down. You will love every minute of wearing this cologne and unlike some of our friends here who said there's a sourness to it, I have to totally disagree. All my friends have complimented me on this new scent and one of them loved it so much that got himself a bottle in no time. If you want to spell FRESHNESS on hot summer days, this is gonna be among your top choices, if not THE TOP CHOICE!

guest_CK One Summer 2007 SO MUCH
guest_CK One Summer 2007 SO MUCH

CK One Summer 2007 Edition is so much better than this!!! It is still available, so don't waste your money on this version. The 07 version is much nicer fragarance/freshness and dries down beautifully. My husband loves it! And, even sometimes sports it. We checked out the 08 and 09 versions and yuck. Still with the Summer of 07 :-) Nikki

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I'm a big fan of all of the CK summer fragrances this year's one is nice.. except!!! there is a really sour note when this dries down, it really puts me off i love the opening and the middle notes but the musty dry down is kinda strange.. maybe its the rum note i dunno!

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

I LOVE this perfume... although it probably suits a man better then a women... But, I love it so much so I might buy it anyway... ;)

I couldn´t keep my hands from this one, so today I bought it... and I Love Love Love it, and I don´t think it smells like a fragrance for men when I spray it on my skin... It´s like a very refreshing summer scent.. and the staying power is Great!!!!

melissa

I have tried this and love it in the beginning. The dry- down smells more for a man on me. I am going to try it once more, maybe my senses were a little off before. I love all of the note descriptions in it and hope it will not give me the masculine impression again.

caliope19
caliope19

it's way too fruity for me...like sweet fruity...the first notes are really fresh but then the heart and the base are really sweet....

dunatko
dunatko

i was last weekend in vienna /live in near Bratislava/ and there were tables filled with it in parfumery stores - but there were no testers!!! wtf? how they can sell a new fragrance to people without a chance to test it before buying?

but the bottle is nice - the package too - but i liked more the plastic box from last summer edition:-) hope i will test the fragrance soon!!!

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Some people find it masculine some other don't.I like that perfume very much,it is so refreshing and has something optimistic.Give you the air of a self-confident person.Good choice for new beginnings especially at that time,as summer arrives!

mihaela_dana
mihaela_dana

What a great fragrance!
You can feel mint and cucumber all the time!

Marianne
Marianne

It's too masculine for women, but a nice fresh summer scent for men, I would say.

trueyou2
trueyou2

Well, my fiance' just bought me a bottle; I couldn't decide if I wanted to have CK one Summer or some more Tommy Bahama.

I sprayed it on the tester, smelled not so good. But than, I was like, I better spray it on my skin. I fell inlove with it. Even after it dried; it smells great! I went home and took a shower and sprayed some on; it's definitely a man's smell but I still feel like a woman wearing this; if that makes any sense!

Lia
Lia

On the paper it semelled delicious, but it didn't fit with my chemistry. I showed it my mum and she loves it, it's perfect for her. Such a good scent has to be bought. It's very fresh, I can smell the lime and the bergamot, but also the sea water. It's wonderful and the good thing: I wouldn't say, that it's only for younger women (it's not too sweet). It's for everybody, who wants to smell fresh, a little bit fruity and good.

CK One Summer 2009 by Calvin Klein 4.01 out of 5 based on 189 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Summer 2009 by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Summer 2009 by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.