Designers » C » Floral Aquatic « Groups

CK One Summer 2010 Calvin Klein for women and men

CK One Summer 2010 Calvin Klein for women and men
dislike

ozonic

Sun-kissed orange flacon of the new limited edition CK One Summer 2010 announces a joyful and dynamic composition, with enjoyment and fun in the sun which come to us with months ahead of us.

Summer and sun are packed in a new flacon of CK One Summer 2010, with good mood, vitality and energy boost of this fragrant composition. Summer fragrance of this house opens with aromas of fruit cocktail – pear, mandarin and Kaffir lemon zest. Watermelon notes accompany fruity zest from the opening and are in charge of juicy and fresh summer sea wave. A heart includes gentle and tart aromas of violet leaves combined with marigold, water lily and lemon verbena. A base offers opulent notes of vetiver, patchouli and cedar which leave an impression of warm sun rays cuddling your skin.

Fragrance CK One Summer 2010 can be expected on the market in March 2010, in a sunny yellow-orange flacon – 100 ml EDT.

Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Watermelon Pear

Water Lily Lemon Verbena Violet Leaf Marigold

vetyver Patchouli Virginia Cedar

CK One Summer 2010 Fragrance Reviews

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

On initial spritz, it was driving me crazy trying to work out what this reminded me of. Then it hit me: This wasn't similar to another scent I owned or tried. Instead, this reminded me of men's cologne!

It seems odd to complain about the scent being too masculine given it is intended to be unisex. However, my complaint is that while CK One (original) is a unique smell with appeal to both genders, the Summer 2010 flanker is definitely one sided/geared towards men and is very run off the mill.

In saying that, I find it pleasant enough on a hot day. I wouldn't repurchase however (if the option were there.)

a294419
a294419

I find this too masculine

summerwong13
summerwong13

One summer edition every year. I think this is the best one ever.

jovejove
jovejove

This was a total disaster to sell. Out of like 100 bottles, we sold maybe 5 max. Very few liked it, but enough to really care enough for the scent to buy it.

Arttemiss
Arttemiss

The scent on my skin does not work at all.
It starts with the scent of citrus bathroom cleaning fluids and ends with notes of clotted blood with the addition of vetyver.
In conclusion: CSI in the bathroom...

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

I rock this one in summer so hard!!! It is a simple citric fresh summer fragrance but it works absolutely great. It's unisex but personally I think a men can ware this stuff very confident. Is not expensive and in hot days its perfect.
Longevity its 6-8 hrs on me and works amazing in hot days.
Sillage is moderate good. This is not the best summer fragrance but it works great and for the price is even better. I really recommend CK One Summer 2010.
3 out of 5.

ohlenore
ohlenore

I bought this online without ever smelling it. I don't care for it at all. I'd love to trade it for something else.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

This oneis the most different in CK One Summer line, this ain't no citrussy, ain't no fruity, this is more tend to floral type.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

not so feminine, it's a really good fragrance to wear in hot days, nice sillage and smells really good: chic and clean I would say rs

nillojapa
nillojapa

That's my only version on CK One Summer, it's good and very unissex, not great, just good. The watermelon and peach are the main top notes and it's really good and the violet in the dry down does a very good smell, but after a few hours it's smells a kind of smooky.

Heverton
Heverton

A delightful trip into a sweet mandarin juice combined with some other fruits. A truly summer drink scent that smells awesome. This and the 2008 version of cK One summer smells incredible good and weight just a little in your wallet.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This one smells really citrusy at first (I like citrus, so it doesn't bother me at all), and when it dries down it smells pretty masculine. I like this perfume for daytime, and when I feel like wearing a less sweet and girly fragrance.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Very refreshing. Totally sharable. Extremely citrus top notes (lemon), very aggressive in the first minutes. The drydown is more balanced.

francesmay
francesmay

more on the masculine side. Gave it to my husband...

wandalukey
wandalukey

I bought it for myself as I thought it smelled sexy worn by a woman... now I think it might be better suited to men. To that end, I have never received a compliment from either a male or a female. Hmmmm...comments?

dgbhz
dgbhz

Afternoon in the sunny beach... More masculine! Very very good!

happychub
happychub

i love this juice ! lemon zest and lemon verbena all the way ! make this very delicious,and stay on my skin 6 hours +.the juice smell energy and clean, very comfort smell. Maybe the lemon verbena, that's why i love this juice so much even it is a bit soapy ? don't care ! wear it and feel nice

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

para mi huele a jabon de naranja, limpio fresco y muy deportivo, aunque dura bastante, bueno para el verano o para quienes gusten de aromas deportivos como yo.

beeorange
beeorange

My absolute favorite for the summer!

mahadewi
mahadewi

I got this as a gift, but being a woman I found it too masculine for me to wear. So I gave it to my husband who never buys perfume or cologne for himself, and he's been wearing it almost everyday since (about 9 months now)! I love smelling it on him! It is definitely not something I would have chosen to buy for myself or even my husband (the cheap colourful looking bottle would put me off before I had smelt it). However it does smell really good on him, quite sexy actually! :)

reef_0156
reef_0156

i love it but i think i smell lemongrass in it.. pretty sure about that. well, is there anyone can tell me what is the smell actually.

Bram
Bram

It's funny how this fragrance is more disliked than loved or liked but I'm reading the reviews and most of them talk of this being nice....I've seen few saying it is but....but I skimmed so maybe I'm missing it...

jcastano
jcastano

Very fruity indeed. Has a watery feel to it as well but I also pick up a milkyness in here, which in time affected my love for it. I loved the pear, orange, and watermelon combination over the light florals and woods but other than that, it smelled synthetic, cheap, but surprisingly not run of the mill. It was quite unique smelling but as I previously stated, that milk note I picked up on ruined it for me. Nothing truly stood out enough to make me keep it although it did serve its purpose in my summer of 2010. There's also something about this fragrance that has a wonderful cooling effect as well. I'd get around 6 hours with it, so when it wore off, I would just reapply and I'd feel invigorated! Projection was also fairly moderate. Normally these CK One summer editions tend to be quite unisex but this one is too masculine! It's a great starter summer scent perfect for any daytime casual event and anyone in their teens to mid 30's.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Probably the best things about this fragrance are its eye-catching sunny packaging and bottle. The fragrance starts off with attractive pastel orangey-citrusy top notes that all too soon die down to a weak subdued vetiver skin scent which I think has some petitgrain. That base reminds me of hair grease or a rather ordinary household bath soap which leans slightly more to the masculine side, although a lady could easily wear it too. Frankly, there’s nothing too exciting going on here, and given its eau de cologne levels of sillage and longevity (a maximum of 4 hours with a real dousing - disappointing for an EDT), I can’t really recommend it.

pj_guzman
pj_guzman

fun, cute, yummy, clean, refreshing,sexy. that's how i describe the scent.

yudisuseno
yudisuseno

this is fabulous, especially the top notes, a punch of citrus blended very nice, especially the mandarin orange notes and lemon. (the best top notes on all of my perfumes), it's very hard to explain, try a shot, you'll know what i mean

after few minutes. the middle notes are taking over and the notes are somehow cute, but still a bit soapy and masculine.

what's funny is i don't smell any cedar in dry down, it's fresh from top to bottom, inoffensive, masculine, and it is quite distinctive, because i find some of other fresh perfumes are plain and boring,

overall, i ensure that you have to pick this one if you want a warm, welcoming, summer atmosphere

compliments are coming when you wear this lady (it's unisex? it's very male i think)

Soybe
Soybe

Just got this today! Hmm I'm a total novice at fragrance reviewing and in fact, this is my first bottle!And this is my first review! And this is my first blind-buy! And..wow that's a lot of "first"s for me today..

I'm lucky my first ever cologne which is my first ever blind buy and my first ever online purchase is a really decent experience. I'm new at this so i'm not sure what should smell like what but I'm very sure the first spray on my neck was all oranges and tangerine and some lemon but the tangerine is predominant. It's a really fresh scent in the beginning which i enjoyed. Would be nice to spray on to kick-start my day :D

However, the zesty scent wore off quickly,progressively so that most of it is gone in 30-40mins.(The first 5-10mins were the best :D) Then, like what some mentioned, it started smelling like soap.

Nonetheless, it's a nice soapy smell like after taking a shower with an orange+lemon fragrance soap. I'm guessing this is the "dry-down". For me, it's kind of musky, hence leaning towards masculinity.But i can see how it's unisex because of the feminine scent that accompanies the musk.

I believe the fragrance emanates well enough in the first 3 and a half hours afterwhich i think only I,myself can catch a few whiffs of it which means people will smell it only in close quarters. Then again, i only sprayed twice on my neck and just for a test, on (half of) one wrist (because i missed. i feel deeply ashamed.)Overall, i'm glad it was a Good buy, not a Good-bye haha. Oh right, hand me the crutches

guest_Tikay
guest_Tikay

Got it as a present from a friend. I just dont like it. I dont want to smell as if I crushed at my boyfriend's- its more on the male side

Mark St.John
Mark St.John

Fresh! Clean! Citrus! Watermelon! What a great and intoxicating scent. I loved it when i first tried it and its one of my favs now. I actually bought another bottle before i was halfway through with the first. Its a great "wear all day" and mixes well with other scents if you like experimenting, which i love to do. (I've gotten many compliments using it with YSL La Nuit) I feel fortunate because the top notes last on me and the transition from fruit to clean leaves the fruit lingering perfectly. The silage is way above average.

INCOGNITOGLAM
INCOGNITOGLAM

It's been rated as a summer scent but lately I've been using it everyday (and it's October already) for days when I wanna smell like or be reminded of summer. It's light, fresh and citrus-y without being nauseating. A must-have for beachy California girls :)

Sanny
Sanny

This is nice and sweet. Starts out masculine and the dry down is unisex. I love it. It's better than Ck one 2009.

guest_Arie
guest_Arie

CK One Summer 2010 is VERY VERY similar to Lanvin L'homme Sport!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A fragrance that captures the spirit and energy of summer. One Summer opens with a juicy cocktail of succulent pear and mandarin. Violet leaves and water lily then create a vibrant heart, while rich textural notes of vetiver, patchouli and cedarwood wrap the fragrance for a soothing finish. Fresh, enticing and fun.

guest_mashi maro
guest_mashi maro

Yup .. this is definitely the best one so far ... fragrance is long lasting too ... smells fresh ... just love it!

guest_debob
guest_debob

I sampled this at the mall, and found it was very watery with very little scent. I much prefer the CK One Summer 2009

Oh well... This is not my kind of summer fragrance. Although it is fresh and uplifting, this edition is also very very soapy. Soapy orangey citrus all the way from start to finish. It's musky clean, fresh, and fruity orangey. It perfectly defines the meaning of unisex fragrance. I find it boring actually. I prefer the 2005 or 2007 edition from even jump over to Eternity Summer collection.

guest_guest
guest_guest

I was horrified after buying ck one summer. It smells 100% male and I am a woman

I was soo disappointed in the perfume/cologne CK Summer 2010. I was looking forward to a nice fresh citrus summmery scent. Instead, it has a scent of a man that just got out of the shower, finished shaving and getting ready for bed. I want to smell fresh, but not manly fresh!

THIS IS SUPERB!! I tried it at my fave dept. store about three weeks ago and was amazed with its CLEAN watery floral tinged fruit and woody scent with excellent herbal overtones...

The top notes consist of the white winter lemon and mandarin orange; sweet and tart yet juicy and dry, combined with luscious melon and succulent sweet crispness of pear. A true fruit salad. The heart is composed of verbena (green and lemony) with lotus, (watery calm and floral)English marigold (sweet and airy) and the massive green pow! of violet leaves. A floral bouquet with a side of greens. Finishing (quite a few hours later on my freshly showered skin) on a bed of warm cedarwood, a slightly (but not overly) dirty patchouli and earthy vetiver roots...

Sillage: quite decent,lt.spray=comments
Longevity: average for a summer
Overall: 4/5

This frag reminds me of eating in a noveau all-natural vegan restaurant and having a fresh fruit plate served on bamboo dishes and fresh flower water to drink and fragrant herbs and greens drying as a lite sweet incense burns. The floors and fixtures are from renewable wood sorces and just eating there not only makes you feel healthy and connected to nature but good about doing it as naturally as possible. This is by far the most natural smelling summer version yet. I am going to order it from the CK website soon, I think these seasonals get better with each passing year...

vdxl
vdxl

Nice scent! Not spectacular, fruity but not like a fruit jam that sells everywhere, sunny citrus( I perceive grapefruit and orange). I still detect some floral notes and the verbina note. It is pleasant for the summer, but what I do notice is that in the top-to-heart notes it is rather feminine and while it developes it graddualy smells aftershavy( a hesperidic cologne). I bought it by impulse, and yes, I don't regret that much.

Diana Cucu
Diana Cucu

On me it smells like shaving cream, it's not an unpleasant scent, I keep sniffing at my wrist but I'd rather have this on a man; Not bad though, especially the base notes. After testing I don't know how many insignificant perfumes with more or less the same base notes or at least the same development of them on my skin, this smelled different and quite pleasant towards the end. But the first few hours of wearing it I kept thinking of a male only barber shop

I have only been fortunate enough to sample this year's CK One Summer release and the previous 2009 release. In both cases, (I'm obviously the minority here), but I find them both to be more on the feminine side.

I'm not usually a citrusy or fruity person, however it is fragrances like this that I love. Lemon and orange really stand out as the most dominant notes to my nose, however they smell more like a sweetened and watered-down fruit drink rather than the actual fruit.

The scent has a very uplifting feel to it, what I'd describe as being bright and sunny. CK One Summer 2010 makes the perfect Summery-beach scent in my opinion.

Towards the drydown, the scent becomes increasingly soapy and fresh, which I don't mind at all. It thankfully doesn't become anything like the strong scent of a shampoo, just a softly scented bar of orange and lemon verbena soap.

The combination of patchouli, vetiver and cedar leaves a slightly masculine finish to this fragrance, however on my skin it still smells like something a woman could certainly wear.

Unfortunately CK One Summer 2010 doesn't last a particularly long time, just roughly four hours at the most. However when it comes to Summer fragrances, the lack of lasting strength and the need to re-apply often doesn't bother me. It can be incredibly refreshing, for me especially, to spritz on or re-apply a fragrance on an extremely hot day in the midst of Summer.

guest_Renee
guest_Renee

I Loved the last 4 years of ONE SUMMER
This year I think it is too masculine .I usually stock up on enough to carry me through winter but this year I won't

zoedsilva
zoedsilva

i bought this fragrance for me but my husband loved it and now he wants it for himself....its really a great fragrance , i am going to buy the next bottle and this time hide it from him...lol

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

Excellent as a "after-shower" body mist, but even better as a base for an actual fragrance.

guest_London
guest_London

Defenetly nice scent. Remainds me ck one summer 2005. Fresh clean energizing composition of fruits u feel clean and happy. Hahahah i m not in to the fruity notes in fragrances but this is beautifull for sure i can feel summer in the air wearing ck summer 2010.

ezdravkova

I am clearly a fan of both factories -orange juice (more like grapefruit IMO) and soap :))
I loved it all along its line of development on my skin and couldn't stop smelling my wrist.. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this one!

Annah7
Annah7

I totally support the opinion of LINK. Perfectly described orange factory, then soap factory. EXACTLY! Actually soap and washing powder. Waste of money.

link
link

I tried it yesterday, and I really liked the top notes. It reminded me I was in a orange juice factory.I was really satisfied. But soon, the mid notes become terrible, because I don't like soap factory:(

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
Ck one 2010 version is quite refreshing but with a sweet vibe to it thanks to vetiver note in the base notes.

I cannot stand its vetiver composition in this fragrance. IMHO, I find this fragrance more on masculine sensation and tone.

All in all, below-average edition for Ck. Sorry to say that I have to give it a "thumb down".

Cheers,
☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺

parfumaddicted
parfumaddicted

i tested it some days ago, and was impressed by the top notes of mandarin, pear and citrus. The top fades very fast away, so you just smell it the first 15 minutes, after that, you will smell a very soapy scent, like soap, indeed. The smell is so terrible, i had to wash my hands, and thats for real.
It would have been a very good fragrance, if they hadnt put such base note in it. i am very unsatisfied with it, very bad for me. poor me ;)
... by the way, i love all other ck one summer scents, but not this the version of 2010 !

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I like it! I wouldn't buy it for myself, but could see buying it for a young man.

Just tried this over an hour ago. The first thing that popped in my head was: This could be worn by men, too. (And now that I'm on this page I see that it's unisex. Go figure!)

I'm glad that Fragrantica lists the notes -- it makes it easier for me to pinpoint what I'm smelling. For me, it's lemon verbena and virginia cedar. It smells like someone (a man) just got out of the shower and put on a terry towel housecoat.

As well, it reminds me a great deal of the youthful way Hollister/Abercrombie stores smell when you walk inside (which, to my nose, is agreeable).

RobbieX
RobbieX

Just smelled this yesterday in a shop - gonna have to get some of this. Lovely fresh, clean, summer frag. Don't know about how long it lasts yet though... Get back to you........

Jave26
Jave26

This years CK Summer is great,I really like it, smells really good I really recomend this. I do suggest you sample this on your skin & not a test strip.

ezdravkova

just a fresh twist.. with an odd opening note that i just love.. I'm definitely getting a bottle/ bucket of this :))

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

Hmmm. Tried this today on some test strip, really wasn't expecting to smell what it reminded me of - a slightly old fruit cake... not really sure why, it was a very odd smell though. Maybe it'll be nicer on my skin, hopefully! It did go more citrusy and soft after a couple of hours.

Think it's more masculine than feminine, and doesn't feel as fresh as the 2009 edition.

I am going to buy some though, just because been waiting for months for this and love the bottle! And will prob smell different on skin.

Aromatica
Aromatica

I tested it yesterday: at the beginning I smelled lots of lemon and orange. Too much lemon for me. Later the original ck one came through. I was hoping to smell some watermelon too, but I did´nt. The bottle is very appealing though.
(Update)...I tested it again a few days later and this time I smelled the watermelon very intense! Interesting how a fragrance can change dependening on the mood(?) or differnt body chemistry of the day!?

wakemeupalready

I'm in love with this years edition. It reminds me of the orange/yellow bottle from 2005 which was my favourite out of all the summer editions.

It's alot fruitier this year, I'm definately smelling the pear, verbena and lemon notes and also like a peachy scent, then it drys down into a nice musky, sunshine sandy scent.

Lovely! can't wait to buy my bottle.

EDIT: Extremely disappointed I got my bottle and the sillage is weak, staying power is non existant and really its just a weak watered down citrus..smells nothing like the sample I recieved.. GUTTED!!!

tinschen_1999
tinschen_1999

Am Anfang duftet es herrlich fruchtig prickelnd nach Sommer, Sonne und guter Laune. Leider verfliegt alles Fruchtige und Sonnige innerhalb von 10 Minuten und übrig bleibt auf meiner Heut lediglich ein sehr gewöhnlicher, langweiliger, ausschließlich maskuliner Herrenduft. Schade, dabei fing der Duft so vielversprechend an...

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I had such high hopes for this one. It smelled like a bunch of bitter lemons crushed against a bunch of oranges :(

wakemeupalready

Looking foward to this years edition. Im so glad there are no boozey notes this year, last years edition always had this horrible rum note that didnt agree with my chemistry. Roll on the summer!

CK One Summer 2010 by Calvin Klein 3.37 out of 5 based on 222 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2010 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2010, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Summer 2010 by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Summer 2010 by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.