Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

CK One Summer 2011 Calvin Klein for women and men

CK One Summer 2011 Calvin Klein for women and men
dislike

marine
CK One Summer 2011 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures CK One Summer 2011 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures

CK One Summer limited edition for 2011 is an aromatic citrus, refreshingly clean scent, suitable for both sexes. It captures the energy of dance beach parties with its vivid aromas. Opening with notes of citruses, tangerine, melon and aquatic ferns, the composition develops into the heart of lemon, ocean accord, blue freesia, verbena and rhubarb, settling at the base of incense, cedar, musk and peach.

The iconic CK One bottle is painted in intensive blue, red and yellow shades. The fragrance is available as 100 ml EDT.

Citruses Tangerine Melon Fern

Amalfi Lemon Lemon Verbena Rhuburb Sea water Freesia

Musk Virginia Cedar Incense Peach

CK One Summer 2006

CK One Summer 2011 Fragrance Reviews

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

Citrus explosion! Too sweet and cloying. The bottle is good though! I got this as prize from my company. I only used 10% of it and grew weary of the fragrance. I always compare it with the original CK One and I tell you, none of the other versions comes close to the Classic Ck One. Period.

mariabolacha
mariabolacha

I absolutely LOVE this particular edition of CK SUMMER! It is my all time favorite, I am so sad I cannot buy it anymore…! The other versions of CK summer do not even come close to this one. A one of a kind! So perfectly fresh and sweet at the same time. A perfect summer fragance. I will never like a perfume so much anymore. I could wear this all my life!

sakumasa
sakumasa

My roommate had this bottle in college and I loved how she smelled. I would have stolen it if she hadn't been my best friend. it's VERY fruity and flowery

jovejove
jovejove

This was a great one, but men in store hated the bottle due to the colour scheme.

lyktor
lyktor

Smells like a real nice fruit salad, very summery

the cheeky brit
the cheeky brit

The coolest bottle ever. Looks like the romanian flag.

pri_alip
pri_alip

I'm totally addicted to this right now. I wanna wear it every day! It's SO fresh and cool, it feels so good on my skin! Perfect for hot summer days.

rickyfreaky13

Too much citruses, smelled like car freshener! But still better than the 2010 version

maday
maday

Nicolay, I couldn't agree more.

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

What can I say? I am a little disappointed! Unable to determine the leading aroma. Perhaps more floral - freesia and a little fruit - fresh peach. Where are the melon, the ocean, the tangerine? I can't feel any citrus notes. Musc and cedar comes less excess.
The longevity, the sillage and the projection are horrible - around an hour!
A big mistake!

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

Purchased a bottle last May from an airport (good value for a 3.4oz/100ml bottle), and used it not only through the summer of 2011 but sporadically the rest of the year.

Just like a "summer scent" should be, it's super fresh, I'm also inclined to say it's more masculine than feminine - however, longevity and projection is horrible. I tried lathering myself in it, but it still disappears after only a few moments.

The rainbow bottle is so beautiful, I decided to keep it even though the scent ran out long ago.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Oh my, where is this minty note coming from? I don't get any citrus at all, what's wrong with me :(
Quite masculine too. I need to think a bit whether I like it or not.
Nope, don't think I do :(

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

Only Citrus

mrsocal

cK also states you should apply up to 4 to 5 sprays with this fragrance. lather up. great with an extremely large bottle!

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

My go to of last Summer. A day of doing nothing important this is what I reached for.
Fresh citrus scent, unisex yes but could possibly be put on the more masculine side of the scale. Not that I mind that I still love the scent.

PerfumeLovexo
PerfumeLovexo

The bottle is really pretty!

mrsocal

its a shame is limited edition :(. oh well. this is why we have amazon and ebay

mrsocal

am getting this fragrance at the weekend but i've smelt it before. really cool lemony fresh. plus the BOTTLE'S ARE AMAZING !!!. i want them all. GO ONE SUMMER !!

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

I love the way it keep balance between boy and girl. Totally the unisex fragrance. Any way, I don't know why the longevity is only 3 hour max on me. After 2 hour, it's really really hard to find the smell. Haiz, love the smell, hate the longevity. Recommend not to buy or pay too much appreciation on it.
U should give a try to Swiss Army Alttitude instead, it will amaze you. CK house is always dissapointed about the longevity. Hope that the CK house understand the only bad side of the CK fragrance is LONGEVITY!!!! >.

Jakii
Jakii

CK one was my first perfume and years later a friend of mine gave me this summer edition as a present. the bottle is surprisingly pretty and the fruity fresh smell is really delightful!! I'm so ready for the coming summer!

spacechick2009
spacechick2009

I loved the scent of this fragrance. Crackles on the skin, or felt like it. Had to use lots of it with the result that I went through 3 bottles of it during last summer. If this summers CK Scent is as amazing, look out wallet!

Summer 2011 in a bottle.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

CK One Summer 2011 is a wonderful scent. This is one of those scents that just makes you feel good and very fun to wear.

pomdgf
pomdgf

It's hard to be consider between 2011 and 2012 version but finally I got 2011 version. First of all the bottle is cool. And I can't remember how long that I'm looking for a smell like this. I'm not a huge fan of CK summer but prefer Eternity summer. This one got my money.....Again. Love peach and incense.

Grottola

Cool bottle, too. Reminds me of rainbow sherbet :-)

Grottola

A lot better than I had expected.

This is a re-hash of the zingy lime in cK One Electric, however this one lasts a bit longer and has more depth to it. It also has more of a "beachy", "aquatic" feel if that's what you want to call it. I'll probably buy this one for the summer and wear it in place of Electric, because this is a better alternative considering how Electric is discontinued.

pj_guzman
pj_guzman

i love this i just got this last weekend perfect and it lasted long to my skin

idash
idash

Nice, pleasant, subtle and perfect for a sunny day.

necromancer
necromancer

If it's hot, you need to have this fragrance. It smells like a daikiri on the rocks, lemony, fruity scent with an unique freshness that keeps you cool even when all around you is melting. A great option for this summer, and also has good projection and longevity. And the bottle is amazing!

Bram
Bram

This smells pleasant, I can see a dude or chick pull it off easy; so it is thoroughly unisex, it is quite linear(which isn't bad since it smells good), I don't have a problem with longevity and it's a cheapy, I don't see why not.

salihah
salihah

this smells really nice and sweet id wear it on holiday
it is to sweet for men though

rickyfreaky13

Nice.. but not for me. It's too sour n lemony, like a car freshener....

HAJ
HAJ

Just 2 days ago i have purchsed this fragrance its amazing it makes me fresh and clean really good 1 for CK*..Love it love it:D NIce bottle,, I advise every1 to wear this summer fragrances U wont regret NEVVEERRRRR!!!!

I will never understand these Perfume Company or Retail End Marketing practices...my only REAL perfume counter in my small town got this as a tester but NO stock for sale?!? Now, according to my "best girl", it is far too late in the season for us to get any summer flankers, at all! *sighs* The same thing happened with Le Male 2011, and Eternity Summer (men's and women's), so now they will all end up in some drawer, or in a dark back room at the store; and no one can buy this beauty...and a beauty it is!

I was a bit skeptical of the notes listed as they seemed like a "mish-mash" of earlier editions, and the flacon being tri-colored only added to my fears...but, lo and behold...this is gorgeous! It has "citricity" but is not overly biting or zesty (the tangerine and light lime are exquisite) and I do not get the melon ("calone") so much, as a supremely satisfying fern note (like real lush ferns growing outside in the woods or in a cool wooded area). There is a slight sweetness, but nothing too sticky or saccharine. As it begins to evaporate, I get the freesia (somewhat warm and powdery floral) and the rhubarb blends seemlessly with the lush fern to make something just a bit different from all the other ck One summers, but still comfortably familiar. Warm subtle greens and and more of a "marine" breeze (rather than actual "watery" notes) swirl about and never "crowd" the central theme here. The drydown takes a nice cedar note, rubs it with musk adds a twist of soft fruitiness and tops it off with a dollop of incense smoke, intruiging and not oriental or dark, just enough. All in all, THIS summer flanker is (IMO) worth buying and considering the longevity (better than last years, by far) and that the price for a 100 ml EDT has only gone up two US dollars...this is a "getter" and a "keeper" for sure!!

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

This is still available on the companies web site (for now); and as soon as I can, I am SO getting one! I have a plethora of cK scents already and am usually am quite skeptical of seasonal flankers (also SPORT, ICE and EAU FRAICHE, etc...) but THIS has to be smelled and (if you are like moi) owned. It is at once FRESH, cool, bright and lushly green with just enough florals and vegetal notes to intruige but NOT smell just like everything else out there. I can almost swear I get a lotus or water lily note hanging around in the background. Yes...it is mass market; and YES it is summery, however it IS very nice!!

starscream92
starscream92

Purchased this yesterday. absolutely love the fresh, fruity fragrance. definitely one of CKs best :)

gavila
gavila

Now is winter in my country, so I can't use this fragrance yet :( but I couldn't stay without this lovely, since I saw the box and the bottle, I fall in love!!! I had the 2009 version and I loved it, I want the 2008 'cause I smelled that in a friend and I think it's the best version (but I have to try this to give my final judge).

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This fragrance is so transparent, it might as well be a refreshing body mist. Extrememly subtle. This is for someone more concerned about being fresh than being noticed.

arnulfolozada_gomez
arnulfolozada_gomez

i'll have one just for the bottle.... scent?????

After so many recommended this as a tropical flower scent, I retried it and found it to be just an all-floral. It's like many scents out there and IMO doesn't contain anything specifically tropical.

servana
servana

They call it unisex, but to me it smells distinctly masculine. And generic. It is not original at all and I could get the same scent if I just bought a lynx deodorant for $5. I wanted to like it but it was just too masculine, as well as generic. I have smelled this exact scent 1000 times over.

Maroussiax
Maroussiax

IloveThisss♥♥♥♥♥

Antigone
Antigone

Even though I am keen on strong heavy scents this one is more masculine than feminine.

querelle
querelle

Never tried one of the other editions, so I can't really tell any differences or similarities. What I know is, this one is really nice! It smells of innocence and that alone makes it very attractive.
Highly enjoyable!

maywong226
maywong226

haven't tried it yet .. but i sure will get one .. just love the bottle ...

SS79
SS79

Love the bottle, love the fragrance! fresh & citrus! yay "summer"!

This CK One Summer is more like a Aromatic Fruity to me. It is like a fruity cocktail drink party here. I get a lot of melon, some tangerine, some tangy rhubarb, and sweet peach with a drop of zesty lemon. Then the scent gets slightly green (but not aquatic) and still stay fresh and fruity, but then it gets a tiny bit plasticky as well. I don't think I get an incense here or anything that is obviously woody. It can be easily worn by anybody.

For a summer scent, the staying power isn't all that great. Think of it as a vacation, it doesn't last but it's all good time while it does. I spray it all over my both arms and it lasts about 3 hours max on my skin. Anyhow, I am looking forward to collect one, what a beautiful collectible bottle, at the right price.

$$
$$

Smells like 2007 ck summer they just tweek it a little.Super Fruity!

BamBamBaby
BamBamBaby

i buy ck one summers every year... and usually have half of the bottle from the last year...

heres the trick:

one spray on the richt side of your neck with one of them lets say 2010 version - the 2011 on the otherside... same with the forarms but switch ...

No one will know what you are wearing...you didnt layer either...just mixed it up without mixing the juices...

you will smell like a summer tropical yummi cocktail... and noone will know what the freak it is...

my 2 cents...

Karani_1
Karani_1

Oh cool I have been waiting for a similar version of the CK Summer One 2006 which I LOVED!!!

Zverenka
Zverenka

An unknown destination, the rhythm of the music, a beach party on a summer night... Calvin Klein presents the 2011 version of ck one summer. A stimulating, refreshing fragrance with citrus, aromatic, fresh and green notes. Limited edition, for him and her, all night long.
The fragrance’s opening unveils refreshing notes of mandarin and melon underscored by a fougere accord. The more bracing heart unites waves of lime and rhubarb with a sea-spray scent, while the trail blends facets of cedar and moss.
Waiting to buy!!Think it will be in april/may in our frag.shops

andrew85
andrew85

This new Calvin Klein one summer edition (2.011) smells almost exactly like the 2006 edition. nothing new or original here. if you have the 2.006 version, you wont need to buy this. its the same fragrance, in another fancy bottle.

Dongning
Dongning

Rhubarb?! This reminds me of Ricci Ricci by Nica Ricci.
I hope it will be as good as other Summer limiteds.
Yes, the bottle is lovely.
Hmmm, dance beach party.
I am looking forward it.

This sounds, to me, like they took basenotes from 06, and some notes from 08 (heart)and 10(top and heart) and a twist of 2009 version...a rainbow is an excellent analogy!!

I guess it is true, there is nothing new under the sun! Still I will definitely try this and report back, as soon as it is available on the Counters.

Usually, the summer releases hit the stores around early April...

CK One Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein 4.03 out of 5 based on 205 ratings and 52 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2011 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2011, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.