Designers » C » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

CK One Summer 2013 Calvin Klein for women and men

CK One Summer 2013 Calvin Klein for women and men
dislike

ozonic
CK One Summer 2013 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures CK One Summer 2013 Calvin Klein for women and men Pictures

CK One Summer limited edition for 2013 offers a new combination of refreshing citruses, fruits, aquatic and aromatic notes. The composition begins with citruses and aquatic "waterfall" accords; then comes juicy watermelon that is mixed with cucumber and water lily. The base features more muted tones of musk and moss.

Available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette

Citruses Water Notes

Cucumber Watermelon Water Lily

Musk Moss

CK One Summer 2008

CK One Summer 2013 Fragrance Reviews

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I only tested it in the store... and at the beginning, I loved it. You can feel the apple falling down the waterfall accords - which is an incredible scent. You kind of fall in love with the fragrance.

But then, after you get home, after around 20 minutes, you realize that the apple and cucumber have mutated into a cheap soap from the 90's.

TroyBoy
TroyBoy

This 2013 is the same as the much valued 2008 scent. Ive had both...they are the same. The 2008 scent was the most sought after scent in the CK One family going for over $100. Save your money and buy the 2013 version. Very different from other summer scents. Its not my favorite, but still nice to smell. One of my favorite colognes of all time is the 2012 Summer CK One and the reason why I started getting a lll the Summer CK ones. 2010 is another great summer scent if you like oranges.

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

I love love this fragrance,it`s so watery woodsy,and the bottle is fantastic,beautiful turquoise with water drops,i love it...........perfect for summer,i looove it,perfect scent!!

joan100
joan100

This scent is much more masculine than feminine. I would say 75% masculine and 25% feminine.

waleed2006
waleed2006

its hard to breath with it
very bad

lulu69
lulu69

for male only. definitely not unisex

PerthTH
PerthTH

Very refreshing and light yet catching, it reminds me of lying on the beach in a sunny day. I'm definitely going to add this one to my collection.

Eos
Eos

The notes listed do not reflect what I sprayed on my wrist to test. It opened with a fresh tart burst of grapefruit. There is short lived heart of aquatic notes with very little ozone and a vague fruitiness. The dry down is an underwhelming, run of the mill iso-e super base. Mediocre at best. It bares almost no resemblance to the original CK One fragrance.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I enjoy the cucumberishness of this, the suggestion of an aftershave, yet it defies that limitation. You keep catching other things in it, sometimes the watermelon, sometimes the musk, it takes you off guard. I bought it on impulse, and haven't regretted it. I suspect it will be a mainly summer thing, however.

Selo12394
Selo12394

I'd like to think I didn't find my new favorite scent; it found me. I had wanted to try these limited CK One Summer scents when this year's edition caught my eye in a display at Macy's. It drew me in, to the tester, and from the first spray it had my heart in a way that very few perfumes have. It must have known that it would be right for my body chemistry, because it develops so perfectly and stays on so long. It seems I have had more success with it than a lot of other reviewers, because I never got a hint of that synthetic or musky shampoo vibe that people have been mentioning. For me, it's hours of watermelon and cucumber that don't even really change, they just fade slowly. The citruses are a sweet, slightly feminine citrus, never sour or bitter. It is a little bit sweet but all cool, shimmering and dewy-fresh, as if the hotter the weather the better it will get. Though definitely not for fall nights, I wouldn't even call this a scent that's OK for spring, because it's almost begging for wear in the heat, alongside oceans and cool drinks. I could not get it out of my mind until I went and got two bottles, and I can see myself getting even more so I never have to worry about running out once they stop producing this edition. How lucky I feel to have taken the chance to try THE scent of the summer. I hope others will too.

SHUSOVAN BHOWMIK
SHUSOVAN BHOWMIK

very refreshing and aquatic feeling but not as long lasting as i hope.........

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

I love the CK One Summer scents. They just look so 'happy' and 'drinkable'. This one smells pretty nice too, a nice, clean, fruity youthful scent for going down to the beach with some friends or family.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is very synthetic. It smells like a man's deodorant... Not unpleasant, but not what I was hoping for. I had high hopes, but the cheap musk really kills this one for me.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

The review by Michael.J really can't be topped, his is authoritative and comprehensive and needs little more embellishment. Suffice to say Ck One Summer 2013 is a shocking return to form of the classic earlier Summer releases in regards to longevity, which had steadily declined in the late 2000's and peaked with last year's release to an all time brevity that undercut its beautiful top and excellent blending of cucumber and citrus.
Ck One Summer 2013 lasts between 5-8 hours with moderate projection. Unfortunately the scent itself is not as rewarding or organic as last year's. The synthetic waterfall accord extends itself from the initial blast well into the dry down and creates a very generic, watering down of the brighter elements of the blend, leading to a rather linear and insipid development between citrus and fruit to a bland musk and water lily dry down. This is a decent commercial unisex release that exudes fun and youth, but could have been much more enjoyable and effective if the blending would have been more professional and thorough, allowing the watermelon, citrus and cucumber to evolve of the skin without the clouded masking of the entire blend by the cheap, synthetic waterfall accord that ultimately makes CK One Summer 2013 extremely boring after just two or three wearings. More for collectors than those looking for a truly enjoyable, fruity, citric blast for summer.

michael.j
michael.j

For 2013, the opening watermelon is really intense, and the intermediate dry-down is pretty good, sweet and pleasant. Once the fruit has been licked away, however, the base notes of musk and moss hit the floor with a dull, lifeless thud. They are painfully inert and clumsy compared to the dancing fruit and water notes. Moreover, they smell heavy and slightly rancid, like the interior of an automobile in the summer if you've left some stale jelly doughnuts baking in the sun on the dash for a few days. I've tried this on skin, fabric, paper, other people, and I think it's a combination of cheap synthetics (I have no problem with good synthetics) and inexpert mixing. I think different base notes could have played a more harmonious role (e.g., something more resinous or balsamic. Even the oak moss could stay if the cheap musk were replaced.). I wanted to like this so much because the opening is so seductively juicy, but the fragrance ultimately doesn't deliver on its promise.

Ashes19
Ashes19

This is one of those perfect unisex scents- it really doesn't fall on one gender over the other. That said, it smells exactly like a deodorant or cologne my other half had years ago- we can't place which one, but that aquatic with citrus and cucumber combination triggers our memory of something he had before. It's very fresh, clean and sporty. It has moderate staying power, I spritzed it on before I left the house around 3 and could still kind of smell it on my wrists when we came home around 1 in the morning. It's a great summer smell; I'll definitely use up my tester, but I don't think I'll actually buy a bottle. There's nothing that really stands out to me and screams "you need me!" Especially since we know we've had something like this before and weren't attached enough to it to remember what it was. Bottom line: If you're in the market for a trendy summer scent and you really like sporty/aquatic fragrances, go for it. If you're waiting for something special, keep looking.

catlettsl
catlettsl

This reminds me a lot of Bonds Coney Island.

Sohny
Sohny

J'ai essayé ce parfum aujourd'hui est je dois avouer que je suis déçu. En général j'aime bien la ligne Calvin Klein mais CK One 2013 m'a réellement donné des hauts-le-coeur. Sans donner ans l'analyse complète des tons et des bases, c'est immédiatement une senteur de bonbons qui nous viens au nez. Pas désagréable dans une confisserie, mais au soleil à 28°c, ce n'est pas un must. Je l'ai trouvé agressant. Cependant, pour un adolescent ou un jeune homme, cette fragrance devrait donner tout autre chose.

Je considère qu'il n'est pas un parfum fait pour les plus de 25 ans.

Gault
Gault

First One Summer I encountered. Slightly feminine, even for my Givenchy Pi/Prada Infusion d'Homme taste.
Women! please wear this.

xVal
xVal

Love at first smell.
I like this perfume, and I don't think it's too masculine.
The dry down is actually more on the feminine side.
This is really refreshing, I get the citruses and the cucumber the most.
If it was a drink I would definitely drink it.
The longevity is very impressive, 12 hours and I can still smell it.
Great summer scent for a cheap price. :)

dmirror
dmirror

Got this and eternity summer for a good price ck one summer smells good kind of reminds me of blue gummie worms its got a nice soft sweet smell to it check it out perfumania 20% off RMN20

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

this is an awesome grapefruit bomb

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

I had expected something marine and salty.
But this smells like an ice cold fizzy drink to me. Very sweet, very bright and very fruity.
I thought it was more of a yellow colour than the blue flanker it came in, based on the smell of it.

The bottle itself has embossed blobs that resemble water droplets. Very cute.

I'm eyeing this one.

Smell like cheap perfume , smell like bvlgari marine,
Nothing special,it is so disappointing that the watermelon note is not that obvious

darksome
darksome

Actually this is a pleasant scent. And I normally hate fresh cucumbery scents, and have a terrible hate relationship with melon and watermelon notes.

But this achieves to fool me and all I can smell is an fresh aquatic, but jucy scent with a fruity, sweet citrus topping - like a fresh jucy mandarin. Yum!

Kaleide
Kaleide

Unisex on the slightly masculine side, but I think it's a great scent also for girls on hot summer days. Starts off with a good, aquatic melon, moves on to a musky phase which very nice. Good sillage.

If I lived in a hot country I think I would get this, but I don't think rainy UK will do it justice. Would still be a good allround scent for guys I think.

(Edit: Damn you oakmoss! This was swell on my skin until 2,5 h when the oakmoss started to take over... had to scrub it off. Bad chemistry).

hojakelid
hojakelid

opens up very aquatic and fresh, can definitely smell the watermelon and cucumber here. Drydown is pleasent, moves to more of a woodsy musk smell however still very fresh and remains this way for 6+ hours. Many people have said great sillage and projection, i dont get that on myself but it could just be my skin. Nice frag and even better price, would definitely recommend for the summer months.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I am quite impressed with this years ck one summer. The bottle design is brilliant, the colour and the water drops are spot on. It is quite a unique summer flanker fragrance and in fact really reminds me of bvlgari aqva. It doesn't really smell the same as it but for me it has that kind of feel to it.

It opens up very refreshing and aquatic citrusy but not in a bitter way. It then proceeds into a more oceanic woodsy water scent which reminds of bvlgari aqva possibly a less mature, less masculine, more synthetic, younger version of bvlgari. The watermelon and cucumber are very dominant here. On me it fades out from here.Although unisex I would say slightly masculine but still unisex.

Lasts for hours 10+, projection is moderate. Pleasant, unique, safe, great value, better than average in all departments must try. Great for summer and plenty of other occassions.
visit mrproductreview.com

colinfarrell
colinfarrell

Imádom, csodálatos, tényleg hasonlít a 2008-asra.
Csak az a baj, hogy limitált széria és nem lesz
mindig.

ssyed1
ssyed1

Smells like a mildly sweet but very succulent cucumber - perfect for the summer heat. Also, the longevity and performance on my skin is ridiculous for an aquatic scent; My roommate could smell the scent on me the next day even though I had applied it over 15 hours before (to be fair, we did turn up the temperature, but this cologne is meant to be worn in the heat).

Some people may find this scent synthetic (my brother said it smelled like feminine hair products) but I happen to really enjoy it. I would check it out!

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

Aquatic/Floral with some Woodiness. I love how each year the Summer Editions change in scent and bottle colors.

Tattoosbyaustin
Tattoosbyaustin

Just bought this today. Walked by it in the mall and thought it was a cool bottle I took a smell of it tried it on and then pulled out my wallet. Best bit of advice is dont be fooled by the name it's not just a great summer scent is a great scent period! Reminds me if a happier more jubilant aqua de gio with a little twist. It's more of a cologne than a perfume but the feminine quality of it makes women really love it! If your a female don't buy it ! You will be let down it's way you masculine! If you're older than 30 don't buy it it's too young ! But if your a fun loving guy who wants something just right buy it ... Now!!!

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

CK One Summer for the year of 2013, is until now, the most ungeneric fragrance for summer I ever smelled. Just the bottle, like my fragrantica brother blacklibran1, makes you want to buy it already, without testing it. I mean, this is really a beautiful bottle, of course, equal to last year's edition, but the torquoise looks much better.

The fragrance itself is really appealing. It opens with aquatic notes but I can already smell the watermelon, which makes this fragrance mouthwatering.
I felt a little of the cucumber in the drydown but I can't fell it no more.
It has been right now 5 hours since I tested it, and I can still smell it. Good for the initical warm days of Summer, ideal for the months os July and Agost.

My grade for this one is a 8.4/10. Give a try :)

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is more cologne like than anything else, and I wasn't impressed with the scent on paper.

manop2520
manop2520

good for summer

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

This is available at Macy's already and I picked up a bottle. First of all the bottle itself is enough to make you want this. Gorgeous deep turquoise with water drops.. Breathtaking. The scent is a nice fresh watery woodsy scent. From start to finish its very aquatic . You can for sure smell the cucumber and waterfall accord. I would say this is more masculine than feminine , but I've always loved women who wear masculine fragrances. Definitely a unique aquatic scent for summer and even year round. His this one coul work wonder in fall and winter. Clean , vibrant , woodsy , long lasting. Great sillage as well

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

dat bottle

zouve
zouve

it's gonna be a hell of a summer

obaida.alobaidy
obaida.alobaidy

I can't wait to buy this one !!! <3

tanbleu
tanbleu

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!! They are finally bringing back the watermelon note circa 2008!!! So excited!!!!

Lance
Lance

Always love the line. Still gonna buy this as another flacon

DJD1255
DJD1255

Seems similar to the 2008 edition if yes then this will be received well!!

svillatoro
svillatoro

Ck One Summer has been the best from Calvin Klein!!!

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

omg this is so good!!! i love aquatic scents because they remind me the ocean and the beach! I want this soo much!

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

For me this is right up my alley. This is a must have for 2013!!!! I can already tell you without smelling this. Most likely this will smell very similiar to Ralph Lauren Cool, I'm already in love!!! The notes are almost perfect in this one, it's so hard to believe. I don't really like Calvin Klein's previous perfumes, but I'm 100% sure this one will not dissapoint me!!!!

CK One Summer 2013 by Calvin Klein 4.13 out of 5 based on 221 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2013 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2013, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CK One Summer 2013 by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CK One Summer 2013 by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.