Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Calvin Klein Calvin Klein for women

aldehydic
Calvin Klein Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Calvin Klein’s eponymous first fragrance, Calvin Klein, was presented in 1978. It is sometimes referred as “Calvin Klein Classic”, “Calvin Klein Original” and “Calvin Klein Red”, because of the red box in which it came. The fragrance is a soft, flowery and rosy chypre.

Top notes: aldehydes, peach, raspberry, hyacinth and gardenia. Heart: rose, jasmine, carnation, orris root and lily of the valley. Base: oakmoss, cedar, musk and amber.

Gardenia Hyacinth Peach Aldehydes Raspberry

Carnation Jasmine Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Musk Sandalwood Oakmoss Cedar Amber

Tuxedo

Calvin Klein Fragrance Reviews

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

So it wasn't a dream, after all. Calvin Klein really did make a deep, sensuous, nearly gothic woody rose.

It was my first and last CK fragrance. Every time he launches a new one I wonder, could it be . . .

dknj1202
dknj1202

This was the first perfume I bought with my own money. I had the powder and perfume and I kept it for the longest time. How I wish they still sold this. In my opinion, the best Calvin Klein. Very woodsy, almost masculine yet amazingly delicious. I would love to find it again!

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

What A Distint Classic Fragrance it really stands alone.....Like it could be Lauren sister of Ralph Lauren I think also released in 1978, Some Real Excellent time wining fragrances release that year.......A truly treat of a fragrance to wear, why do a the Best always become....."Discontinued"....How Sad!

3cats
3cats

Along with Cristalle, this was my favorite in the late 70's and early 80's, and still is today. I had a CK dress the color of its box, and it was the most sophisticated scent to me at that time, and still ranks amongst my top. A chypre, but different from the older classics my mother owned. A beautiful rose. It might seem hard to believe I wore it in the office, during the day, but remember those were the days of Opium and Giorgio Beverly Hills, and CK was modest by comparison

After a hiatus of almost 15 years, I've found vintage bottles of both the cologne and parfum online. Although expensive, the prices do vary by up to 30%, so shop around. The scent, the minimalist bottle, the packaging: exquisite. Try at least a decant. IMHO, "this" should be the eponymous Calvin Klein fragrance.

cryptic
cryptic

So glad this one was added to the database! My mother used to have a little round container of the Calvin Klein solid perfume. That magical red plastic doohickey was what made me fall down the rabbit hole that is perfumelove. Sadly, it's been so long that I can't remember exactly what it smelled like, other than that it was glorious and somehow different from the other perfumes on my mother's dresser -- that's a chypre for you.

Not long ago, I was reading a biography of Calvin Klein that talked about the launch of this, his first fragrance. Turns out, CK was offered what would become Lauren and rejected it in favor of this scent. He ended up kicking himself because Ralph made a mint off his sloppy seconds. Such is life in the perfume world.

avonman
avonman

I am very lucky to have a bottle of this precious juice in my hands as I write this (thanks to the ebay gods!!) This is the perfume I would always have my mom spray on from the tester bottle at Marshall Fields in the late 70s' (I was too young to afford to buy it for her yet!) it may have been launched in the winter because I remember that each time we did this, my moms' winter scarf would then smell of this for weeks after! O.K. now the scent.. sniff..sniff..aahhh..This is undoubtably first and foremost all about The Rose.. which is splashed with a little bit of peach juice and then it's surrounded in a light cloud of spices and woods..Sooo Beautiful and Sophisticated...The Masterpiece in the burgandy box simply titled Calvin Klein!

krmarich
krmarich

This is it! The only thing CK ever made that was worth anything. I have been trying to remember the name and the bottle. A school mate wore this before Obsession stole its attention and I loved it. Yes, when it hit the market, it was just anothe chypre. It was what all the cool girls were wearing at the mall. The chypre was young again.

CK was so innocent and good at this time. No endless flankers, worthless reformulations and a massive push to sell the next assembly line production. It is so hard to find anywhere. I guess it can remain a memory that I will always love. I wonder if there is a plan to relaunch it? I am sure it would be unrecognizable...

Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein 4.62 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 7 user reviews

Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Calvin Klein CK In2U by Calvin Klein for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 5.0 oz
Calvin Klein CK In2U by Calvin Klein for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 5.0 oz
Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein - 5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein - 5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Women
Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Ck In 2u Perfume by Calvin Klein - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
BeautyBar.com
Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Parfum
Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Calvin Klein fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Calvin Klein, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.