Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Contradiction Calvin Klein for women
dislike

I have it: 462 I had it: 667 I want it: 140 My signature: 11

Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Videos
Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Calvin Klein feels the time and creates fragrances which are in the full harmony with certain times and generations and more over they set trends.
Contradiction is a fragrance for an active urban woman, "she is always and never the same". Intensive floriental with a pronounced metal nuance was very actual in later 1990-ties.

The composition opens with the floral notes of rose, peony, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley. The new and modern note of eucaliptus in the middle is refreshing the classic floral buquet. The heart blends with eucaliptus, pear blossom, orchid and syringa. Oriental base includes sandal and Tonka bean.
The perfume was designed by Ann Gottlieb 1998.

Peony Lily False Jasmine Orchid Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Blackberry Eucalyptus Pear Blossom Lilac Jasmine

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk

Contradiction Fragrance Reviews

bethqueenofdarkness
bethqueenofdarkness

I have this. it is old and still smells good brought when I worked at sea back in the 90's it is nearly all used

mod25
mod25

I cannot help it but I've always thought that Contradiction smells a bit like metalic (metalic-y) watermelon.
I've been wearing this perfume since the late 90's (now I think I might have been a tad too young to wear it but it didn't stop me then) and it is still one of my favorites. Love the bottle, love the smell, and really like the TV ad.
On me/my skin it smells very clean, more soapy and woody than floral and sweet - but that's the way I like it. And it really changes throughout the day which makes this perfume so extraordinary. Staying power is fantastic.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

What an amazing frag! Incredible! Now one of my faves! Yes, yes, yes! I’m reminded of Meg Ryan in the movie When Harry Met Sally! I love this n it’s another I want to shoot up my nose! Will start hording! Love, love, love!! Multiple fragasms!!! I like Gosha’s description; CHIC METAL but I don’t get girl next door at any point perhaps SEXY TIGRESS so that would be the contradiction? A METALIC TIGRESS perhaps? I don’t get so much softness as sexiness and passion, lots of passion!
I.I say it reminds her of: Due Donna by Laura Biagotti I think a bit like Secret Obsession CK (another fave).
PN: I'm reminded of the riding stables, the mustiness n leather, the horses n sweat all in the best way possible!

oqena
oqena

Blind buy with very satisfying result. This is very fresh, clean, smooth feminine scent. Very floral, a mood lifter to me. Also can be found for very good price. Gorgeous bottle.

mamufa
mamufa

Wow, this scent surprised me. Somehow I didn't know it before. I know it's been on the market for ages, but somehow I'm not in CK scents so much.
I found it on a really good sale and tried. Actually I loved these first fresh and clean notes, so I decided to buy it. But I let it settle for a while. After 20 minutes of shopping I found on my wrist beautiful, creamy, powdery and extremly sexy scent.
There were no more clean and fresh notes, but I loved it even more.
It sits so beautifuly on my skin. Warm, quiet, creamy and sexy, but not screaming. Subtle and feminine.
I love it. I got 100ml and will use it with pleasure.

My scarf smells sooo good after I spray it with Contradiction. Warm, delicate and sexy.

4scents
4scents

Body Chemistry + your choice of fragrance can make a
positive statement when you know the different types of fragrance families that will work best on your body chemistry. This is a very gorgeous,unique type of scent that is both fresh, and different to any other in the marketplace,sensual,female and can't be left without being worn very long for my taste rolled into one masterpiece. You get the distinct and right to the point roses and fresh sprinkles of beautiful orchids that compliments this delicious and delicate non screaming out loud notes of pear blossom and woods. Lasts and lasts, compliments come easy for me wearing this beauty.

delica67
delica67

Not bad, but nothing special either, in my humble opinion. A somewhat pleasant mixture of flowers I can't really put my finger on,lacking true character.

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

Lovely. So very different from all the "loud" fragrances of the 80's (Poison, Giorgio, etc., which I loved, by the way). Very subtle with its volume button firmly set to 'quiet', as Luca Turin would say. I don't think it's possible to wear too much of this. I love it! Would make a fantastic masculine :)

joan100
joan100

This scent is just so unique and beautiful. I remember about 10 years ago I took this on holiday and the smell captures memories of that holiday. Shame its so hard to find these days :(

Ayola83
Ayola83

I had this perfume in high school, and although I liked it (because it wasn't popular), this was somewhat masculine and harsh to me and could have been unisex (or I got a bad bottle). I didn't smell any of the floral notes at all except the ever present rose, and just the woods and musk with a bit of green (didn't know it was the eucalyptus). I got comments about it from the guys, but unfortunately it gave me headaches, so I didn't keep it for long.

Jola 72
Jola 72

...so uncomplicated smell,very special one.Have some more faces that it shows in the beginning .I like to wear it in cold,so opulent and simple at the same time.Smells expensive,but not loud.Fresh skin smell,very original for every day ...

Deepblack
Deepblack

Oh I remember back in the eighties my boyfriend bought me Armani for women. I felt so grown up and he loved the smell on me. I have always tried to find a perfume that smells similar to Armani but could find nothing like it .......until I found contradiction. It was for sale at a discount on amazon so even thought I would give it a try. Its like a trip down memory lane for me. Unfortunately Contradiction is now discontinued but I have my little bottle. It lovely to have a perfume that is so unusual.

temporal
temporal

I wish this fragrance would be a play of eucalyptus and sandalwood with a touch of flowers and juicy berries, but the version I've got via online shop in Lithuania is nothing else but a cheap water with non-articulated beginning, which fades away in an hour. Well packed and bad inside.

Please be aware of fake versions of this perfume. I've purchased it online before i found it was discontinued and none of off-line boutiques sells it.

divasg
divasg

I really love this, so if anyone is willing to trade / swap let me know. Chat me up!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

love it..it's unique..there's nothing like it..graceful, sophisticated..warm..works best when used in cold, crisp weather

lulu69
lulu69

the bottle is genial. just art. old (from the 90´) but still modern and still unbeatably till now <3 i bought it in every avilable size (30ml, 50ml, 100ml) just to have it as an art objekt in my living room. the scent is very nice, too. but not my very favorite

not to forget: now im gonna buy the men version for the same reason too :). but the scent is awful

anapardo81
anapardo81

I love it. I don't know any other perfume that smells like it. One of my favorites.

shenzee
shenzee

It was my very first perfume so I am a little sentimental about it :) Now I don't have it and I don't really miss it but at the time I had it it's been a lot of pleasure using it as I felt so 'grown-up' wearing this fragrance. It was on the heavier side and was rather woody. I still enjoy fragrances with a slight 'woodyish'/masculine notes every once in a while, and maybe it's beacause of Contradiction :)

Gosha
Gosha

At first glance (or sniff) Contradiction appears to be just delicate, tidy and pretty. A pretty Girl Next Door in my opinion. When I put this on, I envision all those nice things pretty, good girls might wear: small pastel-coloured sweaters, starched shirts, ditsy hair accessories, knee length pencil skirts... and I am thinking "I should wear those, as I have always liked it", but somehow it seldom happens.
Same with Contradiction. I really like it, really enjoy it (there are moments when I even feel emotional :-D towards the fragrance ), but all in all - for some reason it doesn't seem to "gel with me" enough to make the effort to get it (or keep it in this case as I already have a bottle).
As I said, it's pretty. Very, very girly, in spite of the unusual, fresh, clean, green, minty note of eucalyptus. That, in fact, is what lifts Contradiction from the (for me usually unwearable) plain floral group into something rather unique with quite a bit of personality!
It's not sweet in an edible way, but there is abundance of those sweet, gentle, feminine blossoms, which really play the important role in this fragrance (to me anyway). The dry-down is rather lovable and does linger on the skin in a very pleasant way, but it's the bottle that really makes Contradiction to stand out: a cool (in every sense of the word), ultra-modern, somehow urban, chic metal (yes, I did say "chic metal" :-D ). That is brilliant!

gentiana
gentiana

G O O D ! ! !
Totally agree with Kysyona's review... This is the fragrance for one who pressed the "reset" button...
And very good for Iron Maiden concert... I mean it !!!

piapedersen
piapedersen

Oh dearest, this is a revelation! It feels like someone has been able to read my mind and make a perfume for me... soft,soft soft and delicate. And the flacon is a masterpiece. This is in my top ten of bottles

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

Contradiction... what a nice name to a somewhat not so "contradicting" smell! :) I love this one.. mysterious and alluring at the same time. So bad its discontinued. CK does come up with some fantastic perfumes and this one is a winner for me.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

Love love love this. I find this perfume deliciously peculiar. There is something about this perfume, an it factor :) I did prefer the perfume on paper more than on my skin, but as the weather settles I can imagine this being such a comforting and powerful smell through Autumn and Winter. I'm excited to try it these colder months approaching, this is not a summer fragrance in my opinion as it loses its might against the heat... let's just hope my 50ml bottle lasts for at least another few months!

babskrimpen
babskrimpen

Yeah got myself a 100 ml bottle finally! This one is gonna be my signature scent, how could I ever not know that.... I got my first 100 ml bottle from my ex boss about 11 years ago because she got it as a present and really really disliked it. I loved it at first smell! It was definitely my perfect scent! I emptied it aboyt two years ago because I have never been much of a scent wearer, just for special occasions. But since my boyfriend casually told me he would like it if I'd wear scents more often I decided to build myself a nice little collection for all occasions, but most importantly for daily life. And I had to get myself a big new bottle of Cotradiction of course! I really hoped I still liked it and I do so badly! My first two orders at different retailers never arrived (????) but today, finally, retailer no 3 made my day! When I sprayed it on again, it felt like coming home, like the final 2% of ME I did not know I was missing, came back to me. Seriously, this smell touches me. To me itis soothing, warm, home coming, special, contradictional (sweet but savory), bright, intelligent, honest, it is me :) I can't stop smelling myself.... I refound my signature scent!

From analysis of the notes I like over the last few months I understand now why I like jasmine, sandalwood, tonkabean, peony scents... they all remind me of Contradiction but I never realized that until today :)

It does remember me quite a bit of Womanity by TM, in that that it is sweet and savory/woody, exciting, unique, addictive. Womanity is sweeter, wet, more sensual, Contradiction is more fresh/herbal, powdery but they both tease my senses, leaving me wondering what the heck is smelling so good over and over again, tickling my nose....

If you like jasmine and sandalwood and daring, interesting, sweet with savory/woodsy compositions, get yourself a big bottle of Contradiction while you still can! I hope one of my first two orders arrives after all so I can keep a second bottle because faith decided I should... :p

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

I don't know if this one went bad...I had it tucked away somewhere for several years before using it. But to me it smells musty and fusty. Sprayed lightly it isn't too bad. But I sprayed it quite liberally one morning before going out, and was almost gagging the rest of the day. Couldn't even wash it off me. I dislike this so much I don't think I'll even give it away. Unless it's to someone I hate. hmmm...come to think of it I can think of someone! Muahahaha.

Jokes aside, I guess my bottle must have gone bad. So many people can't be raving abt something so yucky.

Kysyona
Kysyona

Ok, I've GOT to revisit this one and see what the fuss is all about! I had it once, in a deodorant spray version, which is not supposed to linger on the skin, but I swear I sprayed half of the bottle in one go trying to figure out what this actually smells like - on me, in a deo cap, on hair..A big plus is that "ice" note in it, fused with something metallic - this effect is a little similar to the effect of RL POLO SPORT, and for a warm weather it is so great, or just when one wants to feel refreshed, renewed, upbeat. I do not catch any vanilla in there , nothing of the kind, rather a plum, a scent of a fresh plum just cut open: this is the 1 full-bodied note I detect in the background. Apart from that - unmistakeable citrus, but not acid, rather softened by the plum. This fragrance is very ascetic, stripped down to the bone, and imho it is ideal for someone, who wants to start again - after a breakup, after losing family, or just after being on a bad streak of luck for a while. This is a scent of leaving a lot behind and taking only the bare minimum into a new life, turning a new page, daring to explore foreign grounds. It is literally a blast of cold air into a window flung open, that says . there's nothing left for you here, so go, live it, dare. If I were to start a challenging job somewhere where having guts to take risks were a must - that would be the bottle ( a very nice design to my eye) I would reach for. The actual CONTRADICTION of it is that according to a number of reviews men find this irresistible, while there's absolutely nothing obviously feminine in it! I will use my hubby as a guinea-pig (again) and try it out: he comments only when he really likes something, and he's a bigger nose ( literally as well as metaphorically :)) than me, and then will revisit the forum and update with the final verdict. Would strongly recommend trying on skin, like any other perfume: no idea who invented that nonsense of spraying on paper...

busik
busik

More than 10 years ago, he seemed more cold and metallic. Now, very gentle. Initially caught the valley, but they are mixed with other flowers: peony, lily, lilac little, interesting combination. And then to me such a nice powder, lily of the valley, vanilla, warm dust.

ananya20
ananya20

The top notes are fresh and very likable. But then, the orchid and something very peachy shows up that gives me a headache every time. So I scrub if off and have never really reached the base notes.

It has very good projection and longevity. Just keeping it for sentimental reasons but thinking of swapping :P

Have a full bottle(used 5 sprays max) of 100 ml Edp up for swap.

sensichéri
sensichéri

I have a full 3.4 oz bottle up for trade! (message me if interested)

selinacat
selinacat

Was anyone else reminded of the smell of sunscreen from this?

I dunno, I can understand how other people like it, but, it just did not go with my oriental chypre floral nose.

I plan on using it for my first trade on here...

EDIT: just to qualify, I own this and I really did try to like it. I put it on my skin again and again, it never worked right. I just wanted to add that cause I hate it when people bash a scent after trying it once.

kitten_steele

Just went to Calvin Klein website and checked both Europe and America site and couldn't find Contradiction. I guess that means it's discontinued. It seems all good fragrances are discontinued. So sad. I think Contradiction was one of his best fragrances. But it seems it's still sold on different perfume sites. Haven't checked if they still sell it in shops.

kitten_steele

I love the bottle, 'cause it looks like it's a tiny bottle with a huge hat or what do you call it in English? Anyway, when you take the hat/top off, the bottle goes on all the way up. You were fooled in a good way. And the fragrance itself...yummy like candy. Smells like red berries mixed with sweet, sweet candy. Dangerously delicious!

daisydelirium
daisydelirium

This is a great day time smell, but i find it doesn't last as long as i would like it too. its Very fresh and smells powdery on me. Might have to give it another try.

SusanNJ74
SusanNJ74

I had this years ago and absolutely LOVED it at the perfume counter and on me, but, unfortunately, the scent just did not last. Every other CK scent I've had has lasted on me, but not this one. Disappointing. I ended up reselling it online.

pippab
pippab

I'm obviously in the minority, but I find this one to be fairly ordinary. I guess it would be a nice summer time fragrance, but it's like so many other slightly boring non-descript perfumes out there. Staying power and sillage are not brilliant on me either. Ho hum.......

I.I
I.I

LOVELY!!! I like it very very much! To me it's quite 'salty' and amberish. It reminds me of Due Donna by Laura Biagotti (which I have and wear a lot) very much!
I know that their notes are not at all the same but this is what I got when sprayed it on me. It's just deeper, more pleasant and soft.
I've never smelled eucaleptus in a perfume and I must say that this perfume is not what I imagined it to be. In fact I don't get an eucaleptus note at all. I get sault and amber instead, none of them is listed among the ingredients of the perfume.
It's suitable for every age and mostly a day perfume, IMHO.

LaPearl
LaPearl

This smells very soapy and clean to me. Its nothing special or overpowering, I wear it during the day when I dont want a cloud of parfum around me.

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Complicatedly Simple

I feel like me when I wear Contradiction. That's the best compliment I can give any fragrance. It is incredibly affirming to catch a whiff of the complex, musky, cool, herbal fragrance and to notice how it changes throughout each wearing. It has a perfect balance of maturity, softness, and intellection. The floral launch quickly gives way to the hours-long twinkling of fresh herbal breezes that appear over the warm sandalwood and musk base notes.

To passers-by, Contradiction appears generic and overly simplified. Some who catch a glimpse of its complexity are confused by it. It takes a lot of work to convey that simplicity and perceived minimalism. There are so many things going on behind the scenes with Contradiction, and it takes patience and willingness to travel along with the scent throughout the day to gain a true appreciation of it.

Funny side note: I've always been a little disappointed that I cannot easily travel with my bottle of Contradiction. It looks like a pipe bomb, and I don't think I could make it through security - - even if it's under 3.4 oz. I love my old friend, regardless. :-)

chanchita
chanchita

I used to love wearing this frag. It works well during day & night in most seasons (perhaps not hottest summer). I consider it an 'interesting' frag that made me feel intellectual yet sensual. The only reason I no longer get it is that I associate it too much with the ex who originally bought it for me!

andrada2003
andrada2003

Got it as a present (it's good to have an anniversary, even it's your 40th, helas...)Smells like fresh herbs on me, I find it suited best for summer, but it's quite nice! I can't sniff the rose at all, only eucalyptus and maybe some lilac. No lilies-of-the valley, also, even I love their smell...
Guess I have to wear it this summer, it's too green for my winter taste. Still, it smells very good on my skin. Longevity: above average. The drydown is extremely pleasant, not green at all, just musky and woody. To be kept!

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

The musk and lilac only give it a depth without making it offensive or overpowering. It makes a perfect day fragrance. This fragrance makes me think of a really soft scented body lotion and reminds me a little bit of mania by Armani. Soft and tender.

kurabiye
kurabiye

It smelle wonderfull.Discret and warm.

Fre.peo.jas.fig7
Fre.peo.jas.fig7

Pecans and honey with flowers and cinnamon. That's what it smells like to me.

LaGari
LaGari

WOW! Smells like lipstick! yes, basically 90's cosmetic's. Its so nostalgic. I would also describe it as smelling kind of herbal, powdery and woody.

Projection is good, and Longevity is great. Just remembering the smell makes me smile. Its sweet and pleasant but interesting. I really like it & would definitely own it one day.

Jellybean
Jellybean

after seeing eucalyptus as a main note, i decided to blind buy it. oh why did i waste my money on this sweet cloying cheap smelling disasterpiece?! too much of everything, notes mix are plain wrong!

nice day scent for work. the eucalyptus and musk stand out one me, and then a refreshing floral. i find it a clean scent that lasts only about and hour on me before reapplying. a lovely herbal flower.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I really had to grow up to this perfume, but I'm glad I did, giving it one more chance all over again. In the beginning I really hated it, thinking it was: cloying, generic floral, bitter, annoying, boring, etc. But I heard a voice saying: don't dismiss it! :))
After some time I dicovered that, first, it was a well balanced scent without unnecessary sweetness, two, it had a nice, feminine, pear-fresh facet, and three, a deeper stage was similar to Truth (berries, I guess), giving it a nice kick and edge. It is somehow what J'Adore could be if it wasn't so boring floral... I smell even a hint of incense, somehow.
Oh, I forgot it also manages to be a fresh scent, thanks to the eucaliptus!
Contradiction is like Frank Sintatra - it does it its way (and it does much). Only it doesn't have a voice like he had - it is quite silent and without projection, and this is the big problem that keeps it from becoming a classic and might make it discontinued (I'm affraid it already happened - what a pity. I will get myself a nice 100 ml, while still possible)
It deserves more popularity, does not deserve discontinuation.
I reaches back to times when Calvin Klein's perfumes used to be so thoughtful and conceptual. I hope they don't change the trend (I'm not so sure about the new releases, though)

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

I wore this extensively throughout high school, and remembered it as being soft and warm with a kick of spice. When I found a mini at my local perfume shop, I quickly snatched it up and applied to wrist immediately upon getting home.

*sigh* Either my memory of this scent is off, or this mini is off, as the eucalyptus dominates all the way through the long dry down. It's medicinal, sharp, and not to my liking. I get hints of the scent I remembered in the background, but the eucalyptus kicks it backstage, not wanting it to steal its spotlight.

I suppose the usage of sharp and sweet might've been the point of Contradiction, and as high school was over 10 years ago my skin chemistry is more than likely just different. I'm glad to have a mini for the nostalgia but I have no need to get a full bottle.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

My husband likes this one. I like it just not too crazy about the smell of pears. Lasts a long time. Will wear it around thanksgiving

Tenuba
Tenuba

I really like this one because it is long-lasting, feminine, and warm. Definetely not a summer fragrance but a nice winter-autumn perfume.

Louw
Louw

I've just come back to Contradiction after a few years, and I'm pleased to say I still love it. From the sparkly, sweet opening of roses and peonies with a hint of pear through to the warm, slightly powdery base note it's a delight.

I hope it isn't discontinued but I wouldn't be surprised because I've noticed a number of retailers selling it at greatly reduced prices recently.

Antigone
Antigone

Somewhat annoying, too sweet, choky. Maybe it happened for me to receive an old bottle, but I have unpleasant memories regarding this scent.

bubububzy
bubububzy

Too sweet, overpowering and sickening when first sprayed. Should let it settle for a while on your skin. I do not reach for this much often, Shame!!!

kirinazhar
kirinazhar

First spray it smells a bit off-putting, but please wait... after a few seconds (minutes?), you can start to smell roses with a right touch of sexy. The lasting power is incredible and I turned heads when I walk past men... But remember not to put it on too strongly. I believe this is a perfume that is meant to be subtle but flirty to the person kissing your neck...

LovelySally
LovelySally

Medicine, Soapy, Sharp, overpowering and sickening.

i am completly upset that this unusual gem is being discontinued for obviously not being popularto the masses. i own three bottles now as i wentout on a panic buy!. I LOVEthe fact its so unique. its not similar to any other perfume i own. just wandering if u guys could please recommend another similar perfume with eucalyptus?. id be really greatful . thanks.

You don't hear too much about Calvin Klein's Contradiction these days, as it is often overshadowed by newer releases like Euphoria, CK IN2U and CK One. While I don't find it to be anything overly amazing, I fear that it may be the first fragrance to be discontinued in Calvin Klein's current collection, which would be such a shame.

Contradiction is a pleasant enough blend of delectable florals and powdery woods. The eucalyptus note in the heart, is possibly what causes some to refer to this fragrance as being metallic. I quite like the uniqueness of the eucalyptus note. I'm an Australian, from the country, so this particular note reminds me of home and the bush, which perhaps in turn makes me a fan. Escape for Men also gives me the same nostalgic feeling.

There is a definite powderiness to this fragrance, which is a good or bad thing depending on each person's personal taste. One review of this fragrance on MakeupAlley, likened Contradiction to the scent of a warm photo-copied sheet. I quite like that description, I think it is very apt and truthful.

I'm on the fence with Contradiction, while I like certain aspects of it, particularly the floral powderiness, the woodsy notes just don't work for me, neither does the lasting power which is relatively poor.

After a while, Contradiction becomes tiring and somewhat generic. The eucalyptus and the odd paper smell, is what keeps this fragrance alive and different. Every now and then it shows some similarities to Armani She.

nickflick
nickflick

A comforting but sophisticated scent suitable for everyday. This reminds me alot of Allure eau de parfum but more casual. The eucalyptus is a note I particularly like in this perfume.

nyoka
nyoka

At first I smelled nothing!Slowly a rosy peony smell emerged and tickled my nose.Shortly I felt bac on the farm in the fruit orchard where the pear trees blossom.beautiful scent.I always loved to smell the beginnings of fruit.At the end,there is my fav tonka bean,which came peeping out like an old friend.This would b good for any age.anywhere,any season.To me its not heavy,or light.Just hangs around and makes u smell good a long time.Its a yes.

applemint
applemint

Just for plain nostalgia I purchased some of the fragrances of my teen age...wings, lutece, contradiction...
First I thought I've gotten an out-of-date product, it just didn't smell right. I tried a couple of times again, but got nothing more than the notes of a nail polish remover.
I live in Tx, and as one brought up in Europe, I still have a hard time recognizing freshness in this air....actually I still remember getting off of the airplane, and looking around if we've parked next to a giant garbage container...that's how bad the Dallas air smells to a European.
So it came to pass (: that there is a cold front with a storm approaching and out of the nowhere I just thought of giving that big bottle of Contradiction a last try...same experience, until I walked outside and in the cold, rainy wind there appeared flowers and exotic woods that seemed to really enjoy the fragrance of water....amazing. I'm gonna use this bottle this year at the water park in my turquoise swimsuit and light blue georgette cover-up...but it's definitely best for cold and fresh weather.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Wore this years ago when it first came out and I was still in my teens. Loved it then as it was the perfect combination of sweetness (which suited my age), but also warmth and a dash of sophistication. Not sure I'd bother with it now as I feel there's a wealth of far superior sweet/warm/intimate scents out there, but it's definitely very nice, especially in colder weather and would suit both day and evening wear (though go easy in the day, it's quite strong!)

zvoncica
zvoncica

Though I barely like or could wear any Calvin Klein creation (tested till now), I have deep respect for each and every one, and find them unique, modern and perfect.

Contradiction is cold, strong, woody perfume. The most dominant note is eucalyptus, seems flowers obedient and silent, making them step one by one in a row, never forming a floral bouquet.

I returned to Contradiction many times, he kept changing faces, flower notes and composition. This is perfume with strong character, hard to fall in love with at first smell. Like jazz. Full of blue notes, improvisation and polyrhythm.

I don’t like Contradiction, and yet, bow deeply to genius Klein’s mind.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I love this stuff..it's a real complex woody floral to my nose. It smells like it's got a very light wood in it like blondewood or something that gives it a slight dry tone. But the florals are brilliant. I smell a different combination everytime I put my nose to my wrist. It's like thye're all vying for attention saying..."Smell me....NO....Smell meee" haha.

Sometimes I can smell the sweetness of the Peony and the Orchid, and other times it's more pungent like Jasmine (But in a good way)It morphs quite alot. But overall when it's smelled in the air around you it's lovely. It smells really unique with a clean streak running through it, always with that silight woodsy element. It's definately a more "Modern" floral with a modern bottle to match. Love it!

The only thing is..for an Eau De Parfum I don't think it lasts as long as it should which is slightly dissapointing. I love my bottle though and love re-spritzing it (As always) Nothing like a good spritz.

Calvin Klein's CONTRADICTION, like all CK creations, is completely unique. This one opens slightly spicy and seems almost oriental but immediately morphs into a somewhat sweet woody floral that ultimately culminates in a still sweet but powdery drydown with a touch of muskiness.

The somewhat synthetic edge that marks CK fragrances as modern is present here, but somehow I find it pleasant. I believe that this quality is what unites the CK fragrances while making each unique. I have not worn CONTRADICTION in quite some time and was pleased to find that it has retained its integrity, well-preserved in its gorgeous aluminum cylinder-protected glass bottle, which I find very attractive. I even love the way it sounds when the glass slides against the aluminum.

CONTRADICTION is a sort of contradiction to my nose: a skin scent which is not really a skin scent. A non-skin scent which really is a skin scent. I can't reconcile the contradictions of CONTRADICTION, but I like it nonetheless and will continue to wear it now and then.

defne
defne

It seems spicy ,oriental on the first spray, as it settles the powdery scent dominates. It's an interesting scent, I can't really catagorize it as floral woody musk which is more suitable for winter, I wore this during the spring season and enjoyed wearing it since it was a light floral powdery scent.

Taliera
Taliera

I came across this in a cut-price perfume store. It was one of many I tried, but it made me stop in my tracks. There is such a harmonious blend of different notes and it seems just "perfect". On my skin it's slightly different, but still totally wonderful. It is very "me", so I think I will be buying it. The only drawback is that it doesn't have very good sillage. But being a skin scent, it's kinda nice how it doesn't stray far from your skin. :)

gesch
gesch

This is one of the few perfumes I bought more than once.I wear it regularly - I like its freshness of the eucalyptus, which is very prominent on me, and its floral musky character, which is the drydown on me.The tonka beans round the fragrance up: it's not sweet, not musky and flowery. Just everything molded together and the freshness gives it the extra kick I like so much.Lasting power is as well very good-at least 5hrs, depends on weather.I hope it won't become another disc. perfume...
edit: it is officially disc. - why?

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I can call it a family perfume, my mom and granny like it too. A strict and sexy one. You can feel yourself a really attractive woman while wearing it.

perryforever
perryforever

I got a cheap bottle of this as it was no longer a new fragrance. I chose it because I liked the inital notes. Once it has settled a bit it has a powdery smell on my skin, which I am not keen on. I wear it during the day sometime, when I need a scent which is not overpowering.

dolita
dolita

i love this one but just when i wear it after long time as i get bored of it when i wear it everyday it's very sweety

rebella
rebella

I´ve got a sample of this from my sister in law, on her it smells really nice but on me it smells terrible. I get rotten flowers and a horrible metalnote that is so awful that I have to wash it off...

Passionflower
Passionflower

I really loved this one when I first smelled it! Sometimes a perfume makes you wish you could eat it, and that's what this one did. I still love the fragrance, but it's a bit too sweet for every day wear I think. I'll probably buy myself a bottle of it again some time.

Contradiction by Calvin Klein 3.57 out of 5 based on 704 ratings and 72 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.33oz
Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Calvin Klein Contradiction Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Contradiction fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Contradiction, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Contradiction by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Contradiction by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.