Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Contradiction Calvin Klein for men

Contradiction Calvin Klein for men
dislike

Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures Contradiction Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Calvin Klein feels the time and creates fragrances which are in the full harmony with certain times and generations and more over they set trends.
Contradiction is a fragrance for an active urban woman, "she is always and never the same". Intensive floriental with a pronounced metal nuance was very actual in later 1990-ties.

The composition opens with the floral notes of rose, peony, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley. The new and modern note of eucaliptus in the middle is refreshing the classic floral buquet. The heart blends with eucaliptus, pear blossom, orchid and syringa. Oriental base includes sandal and Tonka bean.
Contradiction was launched in 1998. Contradiction was created by Carlos Benaim and Pierre Wargnye.

Lemon Lime Lavender Mandarin Orange Clary Sage

Nutmeg Coriander Pepper Cardamom

Sandalwood Musk Ebony Wood Vetiver

Contradiction Fragrance Reviews

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

The House of Klein picked the right noun to describe this fragrance. Just when you think it is the right scent for formal use...surprise, it also wears well on date night, in the office or any time for that matter. Taking that noun a bit further, what first opens as some serious citrus calms to what I'd categorize as "sporty powder." To me, these contradictions are what the House intended.

hellel
hellel

Memories..of nothing. No sillage, no longevity, one of the greatest fails of C.Klein.

kingderella
kingderella

The 30ml flask is perhaps the most beautiful minimalistic bottle design ever. Just perfect. The larger bottles have differnt dimensions, and aren't quite as elegant.

The scent itself is good-not-great. Reminds me a bit of (the far superior) L'Eau D'Issey, but warmer.

kenney77
kenney77

Great work on this fragrance I love this it's strong in the beginning but overall a great citrus scent

Joeri
Joeri

Not bad, nor excellent. Citrus opening, evolves better, sweeter, slightly sticky, low projection, longevity above moderate. Nice bottle, quite nice.
I have to say: the first spray really reminds me of a can of insecticide, feel free to disagree but can't help it. And what's more: this opening gives me a headache, every single time. So that's another problem. Considering this, I thought ... well, you did it again, another miserable blind buy... should have bought that Nikos when it was on sale...
But before putting it away, I decided to perform a little test and presented it to a dozen of females. And everyone really liked it. Now that's what I call a contradiction. Guess I'll better keep on using it.

namgyel.rangdol
namgyel.rangdol

It's a nice fresh smelling scent. However, the longevity is not that great and the sprayer is quite stiff. I don't know if it just applies to my bottle. I have to press quite hard to get a spray. The sillage is moderate too. The smell is quite nice actually and is good for daytime or evening wear. It's got a mix of sporty and mature scent, that's how i'd describe it as. You can wear it on dates in the evening. I wish the longevity and sillage was a bit better though. I got myself a 50 Ml bottle. I won't be getting this one again though. It's a nice perfume overall. I actually wanted to buy David Beckham's Intimately Yours. However, i saw the CK Contradiction box and wanted to take a look at the bottle and how it smelt. I was surprised when i saw the classy and stylish look on the bottle. This is one of the main reasons i bought CK Contradiction for Men. However, the scent is quite good too.

McDreamy
McDreamy

It's a clean, fresh scent. I can't say the (supposed) lime stands out at all, but it is something special. Women tend to say CK Contradiction is a "sexy" smell, and it does raise some eyebrows (in a good way). The only other one I get as many comments on is Acqua di Gio, which is such a prevalent scent these days.

CK Contradiction smells really, really nice on me. A bit powerful -- in a good way -- when first sprayed. Quickly settles into something even more pleasant, and wears nicely into the afternoon.

There is one woman I am now afraid to wear it near. She actually licked my neck (fortunately, she was a friend and not a complete stranger!). She's mad that her husband won't wear cologne like this.

It used to be my #1 scent, but I'm not so sure now. There are newer colognes I find myself wearing more often. But my Contradiction bottle is getting old, and may have altered slightly. It's still my fallback scent, though.

It is difficult to find in stores, but fortunately is still available online (I usually use fragrancenet for my colognes).

Great for everyday wear (sparingly) or on a date. Not offensive to anyone I've met, yet. And I've gotten some good compliments to the effect of "That scent is YOU! What is it?" and "Mmmm, sexy!"

I give it a 8.5 out of 10 (I've not yet given a cologne a solid 9). It's an old favorite I still use once or twice a week. Two good sprays a day is enough for me, or twice that for a crowded, smoky club. I'll buy another bottle when mine is gone!

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

Too a daily scent so fresh and cool fragance, it's perfect foy day time and casual enviroment!

georgequeue
georgequeue

I didn't like this one at all! (a purely shaving-foam smelling scent).

I own a sample of this fragrance, and it seems to have gone stale (or is it that it smells like stale perfume?).

bronstein

I just ran into it in a shop which still sells it, and nowadays it already gives me a strange sense of nostalgia. How quickly time passes! Now it suits those who want to revive the years around the millennium change. Nice one if you're into retro stuff.

weppy
weppy

This was my signature scent back in the late 1990's early 2000's. I wore it year round. Peppery-citrus. I always thought it was grapefruit like. Some people think it's synthetic...it was pretty natural on my skin. I think it resembles Perry Ellis 360, without the projection.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

It opens with a headache inducing mixture citrusses and lavender... After a while it settles down to a more comfortable juice. It is spicy no doubt as all i can smell is pepper and different kinds of it too... It smells like your a walking into a spice shop! Sorry but not for me! Smells kind of like spicebomb and they are equally bad! (For me of course).

steve0580
steve0580

So-so at best. It seems more aquatic than anything else. The best description I can come up with is: water, dust and powder.

AbBlue
AbBlue

Good lime-cardamom combo, period. Maybe it's me, but it doesn't last. I Used to like it a lot, now I found it boring. Still there are some 10 ml. in the bottle; I will wait for the memories to grow old, maybe time can take some of that charm back. Meanwhile, there won't be more CK in my wardrobe, it just don't work on my skin.
***
Buen combo de lima-cardamomo, punto. Quizá soy yo, pero no dura. Solía gustarme mucho, ahora la encuentro aburrida. Quedan unos 10 ml. en la botella; dejaré que los recuerdos maduren, quizá el tiempo pueda traer algo de ese encanto de vuelta. Por lo pronto, no habrá más CK en mi guardarropa, simplemente no funciona en mi piel.

Xyria
Xyria

My boyfriend use it. I find it delicious, so mysterious with such a depth, and totally alluring, i cant get enough. I had to find some more when he ran out of it and give it to him as a gift, from me to him...to me, oh well.

nemesis76
nemesis76

I once owned this little gem a few years ago and I remember the softness and lightness of it! Its a feather disguised as war hammer but still has a nice kick to it. Just why was it discontinued?

So my first impressions on this rare gem...soft woody aroma with a very strong presence of vetiver. The musky smell later turns to a soapy and sweet scent but not overwhelming at all. I do remember getting compliments on it and would wear it to work comfortably without offending anyone. It did lack staying power but overall it was unique and did its job in keeping you smelling fresh.

Well now I can not say much else about it since its been discontinued but if you do find it for a good price (under $50) I would recommended it.

8 out of 10

Yan9
Yan9

I am wearing this scent today for the second time and I have to say I am liking it. Firstlly I don't like to stamp the brands. Each perfume should be reviewed without looking at the brand.Initially I thought it is too synthetic but I was wrong the depth of this scent is excellent. I am giving full marks to longevity. The initial lavender and citruses are good,middle spices are great and base of vetiver,sandalwood and musk are brilliant.

My ratings out of 10 are as follows-:

Scent - 8.5
Silage - 8
Longevity -8.5

Overall 8.5

ChevChelios
ChevChelios

Personally nauseating. Smells fresh and citrus-like in the opening. I can't handle the drydown for some reason. It makes me sick to my stomach.

geo000
geo000

That was one of my first parfumes and for sure i ll be happy if i would get it as a gift.

evilspin
evilspin

Im not a fan of CK fragrances. I never liked any really. As a kid i liked smelling ESCAPE cause it recalled fruity and bubble gum kid scents because it was fresh and soft and different from all the other male fragrances out that were brooding strong & older smelling. Eternity never called out to me and my dad had it. CK ONE and BE was ok but EVERYONE wore it in school especially girls. OBSESSION was the least i liked as a kid cause it smlled like older man. CONTRADICTION was given to me as a B-day gift by grandma. I remember liking it and at the time i held it close to me cause it reminded me of her and of how i didnt have a collection of fragraces as i do now as an adult. When TRUTH & MAN came out i recall smelling it but i was over CK fragrances that paid no attention to it nor recall what it smells like. But i did realize CK is trying to release a little more mature scents. But now as an adult, I saw Escape as old school. When I smelled it again, yuck Id be embarrassed to smell like it in public. smelled CK one, its too recognizable. smelled Eternity and it was ok. smelled Obsession and i think its probably the only fragrance from CK wearable and with class. very man & timeless. I smelled the new one Euphoria, and way too sweet and mundane. Im used to seeking high end and unique fragrances now. But now i need to smell Contradictive. I want to remember what it smells like and remember when it was truly the only CK fragrance i owned. I also believe i liked it out of all CK fragrances. Its hard to find in stores since its discontinued. I might have to just get it online.

costaleo
costaleo

This is on my top 10 list and I just love it. It's my choice for a light, morning scent. On my skin it evolves beautifully and gives me a lot of comfort when wearing it. It gets a lot of compliments wherever I go, and has great projection too.
In my opinion maybe the best CK out there.

jidx
jidx

Nice and soft, not a head turner. Buy if you can get it cheap

waqasad1
waqasad1

Got my piece just now. You will get great feeling to wear it at office. Try it once.
27-Apr-11

After 2 months use i have gotta feel bad about it, cause it has so strong smell that gives me headache I checked this frequently to testify my statement and it is the fact, at least for me. For good or bad reason its longativety is about 4 hours, for first hour it smells great but after 3 hours it starts giving me headache. And I don't consume more than couple of puffs. Can't use it regularly but still want to wear it after a week.
02-Jun-11

masterbrush
masterbrush

After a series of fragrances that meant nothing to me this Calvin Klein is a more than welcome departure from the unisex CK One and way too many indistinctive stuff that came after. To me it comes close to Jil Sander's Feeling Man which was good news since the latter is despite having been out of production for years one of the most sought after (and by now almost worth its weight in gold) cologne.
It is strong modern and sexy without being overpowering or obnoxious. Suitable for use in daytime as well as on a date.

johan00418
johan00418

Contradiction for men is an unique fragrance. Is perfect for work. A little spicy, but soft at the same time.

georgiannna
georgiannna

It's interesting smell, my husband wear it sometimes. He likes Calvin.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Decided against it. Sorry.
The lime is not a bad lime, it's a soft lime that mixes well with the floral notes and compliments the spices.
The citric-floral-spicy nature of Contradiction is perfect for professional wear, though the projection and longevity IN the projection is weak and will not grab any attention.
I'm wearing Adventure today, and when I smell NEAR the hand on whih I've tried Contradiction, I can smell the Adventure over it. I have to have my nose quite close to me hand to smell it.
The eucalyptus is interesting to know of, though I can't smell it. I'm Aussie so
I'm probably use to it lol

I find this very close to Issey Miyaki

lilou
lilou

I gave it to my brother who is 20. And I wanted to purchase for my husband who was 30...but I didn't : this fragrance doesn't last. It's annoying because I really liked this perfume : positive, young and soft.

guest_Nik604
guest_Nik604

How can you call this piece of art boring?! -) For me , this fragrance is the best from the entire CK Man collection. It's so classical, yet sophisticated ,multifunctional and very romantic.. according to ladys.
Great work!

funkyfreshdevilducky
funkyfreshdevilducky

Ouch! nailed it right on the head. Office is right! Precisely what I used it for everyday a few years ago. Its a clean, complex, scent that fades gracefully as the day goes on

periquito89
periquito89

It took me some time to realize that was the lime the note I was trying to figure out. This, the pepper and other spicies make a scent a little different, more to the citric side . It remembers me some Cartier, I think Must pour Homme. It is original, but a bit boring too, to my sense.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Not a great one this - used to have it - gave it away - just boring somehow. However, my tastes have changed a bit - would like to smell this again......

ObsessionForMen
ObsessionForMen

A very complex fragrance. Opens with a burst of lime, lavender and pepper. This is definitely not a very commercial-type fragrance and appeals to a certain discerning customer. Good sillage and longevity. Great flacon!

lovescully
lovescully

Although I'm not a fan of Calvin Klein's fragrances, I quite like this one.

It's very fresh, citrusy & a little bit sweet, but I like the fact that the citrus dominates rather than the sweet; at least on me! Someone below mentioned citrus candy and I have to agree that this is a most apt description.

For the price (I got mine for AUS $25 for a 100ml bottle), and considering the reasonable sillage & longevity, I say go for it. A word of warning though; try before you buy, as the quite dominant (synthetic) citrus may not be for everyone.

jazz444
jazz444

A real limey! Such intense lime throughout its very short time on my skin. I get hints of soapiness and a potentially delicious drydown, but it never truly develops on me; I'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it. All this said, I still enjoy the brief encounter!

bronstein

This is one of CK's fragrances that I appreciate for its originality, but it isn't made for me.

Ouch!

CampyCamp. These are not "Rules" this is my opinion. Everyone has their own interpretations of scents and what they evoke and it's as simple as that really. This is why we have the options at the bottom of the page to voice our OWN opinions on what scents suit what style..ie..Summer Scents...Evening Scents..it's just opinions, not set in concrete.

Chill...

Ouch!

This scent just screams..OFFICE at me. It's the perfect scent for work at the office. Not too intrusive, clean smelling, lasts all day.
It's in the same vein as Truth for men by Calvin Kelin.

It smells slightly citrussy and slightly soapy. It's different from your run of the mill "MAN...AFTERSHAVE" scent. But it's a safe one...a safe bet for a present.

saint2006
saint2006

Great smell. No longevity.

a little bit of citruses,a bit of woodsy notes and a bit soapy at the first sniff,it doesn't seem to be something at least at first 10 minutes.
now it has remained on my skin for 10 minutes and it's getting more intense.it smells like lemon candy mixed with cardamon.I like it better now,though still it's not something I go crazy for.
as the times passes it just remain as a typical cologne for men.I don't get any special note,it's just citrusy summer fragrance and it fades away soon.so what does the name contradiction mean here?I don't find any similarity with the name and the long lasting power is not good.

vertigo
vertigo

Both oriental and nippy.
Active and contemporary.

For a man who found a balance between work and family, cares about his look and good state of mind, who is not afraid of adversity and can surprise you with his ideas and attitude.

Stefan
Stefan

Very citrus, longevity but I'm using this one as a room spray cause to be honest, it's just too soapy.

acc
acc

a different fragrance which is extremely synthetic. most people find it displeasent on me and some suggested me to wash it away immediately. i threw away a full bottle of this.

Abbas
Abbas

Great purfume for Great People, an oriental scent that make change moods, very noticable aroma that srrounds you.

Contradiction by Calvin Klein 3.68 out of 5 based on 263 ratings and 44 user reviews

CONTRADICTION for MEN by Calvin Klein EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Contradiction Cologne by Calvin Klein - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
FragranceShop.com
Contradiction by Calvin Klein for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Contradiction by Calvin Klein for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Contradiction fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Contradiction, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Contradiction by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Contradiction by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.