Designers » C » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Crave Calvin Klein for men

Crave Calvin Klein for men
dislike

marine
Crave Calvin Klein for men Pictures Crave Calvin Klein for men Pictures Crave Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Crave by Calvin Klein is a aromatic fougere fragrance for men. Crave was launched in 2002. The noses behind this fragrance are Yves Cassar, Pascal Gaurin and Jean-Marc Chaillan. Top notes are starfish and bergamot; middle notes are basil, coriander and pimento; base notes are nutmeg, sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and birch.

Starfish Bergamot

Basil Coriander Pimento

Nutmeg Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Birch

Crave Fragrance Reviews

merih
merih

I really like this very much. Attractive. Highly recommended!

deruitem
deruitem

Just okay. Yes the bottle is cheap but if that was it I would not care. It just doesnt last long enough or project well. I do like the smell in fact I like it a lot. Would not purchase again because it just doesnt last long enough

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Found a bottle hidden away in a wardrobe, remember now why I put it there, horrible plastic bottle, really cheap dull smell, lasts literally about an hour, is it discontinued? Needs to be, along with CK Free.

lovetribe

is my second review. is the best summer scent. begins very spicy and citrus, then settles on notes of basil,sea and oakmoss. and betulla .poi I can smell the sweetness and aroma of the bean tonka.good longevity and sillage.

Osmo
Osmo

yet another time that the given notes have almost nothing to do with the real effect to my nose.. Agree that is like a fresh, so feelgood crush of a chewing gum that has juice inside :) i had found this really modern fresh and upcoming when it was launched, felt the mixture of all this is strongly uplifting; it's citrusy but no citrus as we know.. it's fresh but not blue or green.. Obviously unisex; still love it, so sad it's discontinued and rare now..

streetmachine
streetmachine

Very unique but totally girly
Sweet candy, fruity, etc.
One of a kind

cornekopia
cornekopia

Call this my personal vignette with a fragrance I'll always love. First off, received as a gift, the best way to get such a playful, amusing scent. Then the seemingly silly but actually quite practical bottle; all plastic, encased in a case like Lady Gaga in her egg, it's ideal for taking traveling. Even in the checked luggage, no worries of breakage, and you can spray it with or without fully removing the bottle. This is great because it's also the perfect background scent for a holiday or vacation: summery, sunny and fresh.

However, it has a depth. Of all my vetivers, this is the youngest and sauciest take on that classic note. Not like my favorite classy Chanels pour homme or other CKs. It was smart to mix the classic base with a joyous top. Not frivolous at all, but releasing. I find both sillage and longevity to be moderate to strong, at least strong enough for me (who doesn't like to float in a cloud of scent). Definitely a backup fragrance on days when I need a boost.

GRAF
GRAF

Very weak scent for me. Horrible longevity and sillage. Almost transparent scent.

mabduaguye
mabduaguye

Wonder why so many people don't care that much for this Frag. I had it years ago and recently got another bottle but my gf liked it so much - I let her keep it.

I would describe this as fresh and fruity - Citrusy, actually. There is also this aquatic note perhaps it is the much argued about 'starfish'? :), I see why some say it smells synthetic, it does BUT thats not necessarily a bad thing

My issue is that projection and longevity are rather limited, I rarely got more than 3 hours with regular use, and since I used it in the summer, I doubt if it would perform better in the colder months.

The bottle, other than being plastic and sometimes annoying since I cant seem to stand it, is rather cool and unique

So, if you are looking for a nice carefree summer scent, I'd say to give this a try - you just might like it.

mark2828
mark2828

not sure I would call this one a frssh spicy scent as all I get is citrus , pretty safe scent for work or popping to the pub for a drink not one for a big night out to impress anyone

Scentica2009
Scentica2009

I had this 10 years ago and and it just seemed to disappear? Recently discovered it again and....wow, this is really nice, fresh, youthful and uplifting. I don't usually take a second look at a CK frag but for the price, this can't be shunned at all, well worth a try.....

lovetribe

i don't like fresh scent.but for this i make an exception.the best fresh!!!!!!!!!!!!

ic3m4n
ic3m4n

I had a sample of it.
Marvelous!
Scent opens with citrus and its linear, then in approx. 3 hours magic happens..the best musky/woody drydown I've ever smelled.
Final stages of this fragrance are the best part of it IMO.
Magical,just magical.
It's a summery scent, but can be worn all year around.

Jwaks
Jwaks

A charming, youthful and playful scent with light citrus, fruit, hints of fresh herbs and something like a marine note upfront. Checking the notes it's starfish...that's a new one. It's fairly linear with a light woodsy and tonka drydown. Longevity is about 5 hours with fair sillage and projection. The bottle is pretty cool, bright and catchy. I like it. Check it out if you're looking for something different than a run of the mill acquatic.

peferrarine
peferrarine

It's good. Just that. An everyday perfume. Smells like oranges to me, spicy oranges. I don't get the marine notes, or the nutty notes (and what's supposed to be a starfish note??????).

baboy
baboy

Used to "borrow" this from my dad's collection when I was in college and bring it with me to school back home in southeast Asia. And I am a female. That is how good this smells like. The first time I used this, I got to school then my friends complimented me on it both male and female. I mentioned that this is men's cologne after that my male friends would ask if they can spray some on themselves when they smell this on me. After a few weeks, I had to get a travel size empty bottle, poured some water then sprayed some of the cologne in, shake it before spraying just so I wouldn't finish my dad's cologne (he bathes himself in cologne whenever he uses any). It didn't smell the same of course but back then I smoked cigs so I had to have something and Arden Green Tea wasn't enough for the smoke smell. It was weird when I think about it now, us all using the same cologne. But actually, the dry down on me was citrus sandalwood and not that musky as it was on my friends.

dbatiste1
dbatiste1

I remember wearing this in high school. I had a hard time trying it again being older and having a more educated nose. After reading the reviews and trying it again, I must admit. This is a very underrated fragrance. Thrown under the bus as a young teen fragrance only. Currently, I garnish more compliments with this then any other scent in my collection (believe me, I was surprised too), including YSL La Nuit De L'Homme (which gets a lot of compliments), and Dior Homme Intense. In 10 minutes of wearing it I got 4 compliments and more as the day went on (majority being women). Wore it to a party and everyone went crazy over how good it smelled. Yeah, it can be labeled as your typical fresh scent, but it is quite different from anything else out. At least until Givenchy Play Sport came along with its much more floral clone cousin which doesn't last at all or compare IMHO.

Its the perfect spring and summer scent. It smells like a blast of citrus while sitting on the beach on a hot summer day with a very sexy masculine appeal. Believe me I know, I live in So Cal. Plus, the starfish note is very unique when you think about it and you can most certainly detect it. I'd say this is something not just for the young audience, but up to early 30's.

benpaul12
benpaul12

My first cologne, smells amazing - but it will remain my first - as I was 13.

skipjack
skipjack

Sweet and inviting edt. Suited for summer days and nights. I feel a smell of parsley at the top notes.

madisonavenue
madisonavenue

I used to wear this back in 2004, while i was attending high school in Germany. Many people loved it and said it had monster projection; I would walk through the aisle and leave a fume of citrus behind me....i would like to test it again and see if it has the same effect...

dichant
dichant

my college's perfume :p recommended for teenagers who want to feel fresh, sporty n hip.. eventhough it's a man perfume.. but i used it and worked well on my skin.. ^^

lister
lister

Spicy citrus in a synthetic way.Very nice opening for a newcomer,but spoiled nose tend to turn away.
Great chice for college/high school students.
Longetivity is minimal.Reminds me a soap bar.

I bought this solely because of the unique packaging, which reminds me of Gucci Rush for Men. With a zero expectation, the scent is actually nice. I get a nice dose of sweet sour juicy bergamot all around from start to finish. The idea of starfish freaks me out a bit, but it actually just gives the scent a slight oceanic nuance. Later, musk just wrap around the clean wood and finish off everything. The scent may be a bit too simple for some, but I enjoy it as it is without thinking too much. It's a real pleasure to wear during hot summer day. A true Go-To scent.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

I recieved some kind of sample or something of this I thought it was lotion so I applied it heavy but it was sparkly on my arms I had to rub it in for a long time but anyways still don't know what it is but it smells spectacular in my opinion it lasted all day at work and I'm sitting here and every now and then I still get a wiff of it and I keep sniffing myself to find out where its coming from but can't find it but I applied that at 5 30 am and its now 10 pm so yea I will be buying a bottle I hope the spray on last half as long as this i even sprayed a different cologne on after I got home and I can smell this one over it so yea love it...

artemis27
artemis27

How does Starfish smell?

biovi
biovi

After few years I still love it for summer not only for a day use... It's fresh spicy and citrus at the beginning but the base is very manly so it is not only for boys. I'd rather say that women up to 35 y/o will say it's very sexy, but above 35 says it's nice but for sure you won't seduce them with this fragrance.

Fragrance: 8,5/10
Longevity: 8/10 really good base
Bottle: 5/10 modern but plastic. It's the main "boy" reason I think

themattsky
themattsky

This was my signature fragrance in high school! I loooooved it! I've just bought it again cause of the great memories :)

tavo
tavo

DID you ever got those note books for school that have fruity smells on the cover? This smells like it. The lemon sweet synthetic smell of one of those note books. (In latin america those note books are called fruticas)

If we are talking in perfume terms I would say this lacks a base, like woods or musk or something that make it stand, I mean they list it, but its not there.

So don't expect something manly or classy, Its synthetic and sweet and citric but I still like it.

Good for summer and casual wearing if you are under 25 but its definitely for a younger crowd maybe 11-16

Yaheli
Yaheli

I'm happy to see almost everybody agrees with the fact this perfume is good for teenagers. If you are a 17 yo boy and want SO bad to catch the attention of that classmate who feels way too remarkable to ever look at you, then try going for it. Girls may ask what you're wearing but, honestly, I do not think you'll ever attract a real woman with it.
You know.. A good friend of mine use to have this fragrance. Once in a while, he would tell me that the girl he was dating had complimented him on his perfume. As soon as I would hear this, I'd laugh and tell him she probably was a goose. Unfortunately, I was always right. Funny.

m2c
m2c

both the price and smell are just CHEAP. not recommended at all. very teenage high schooly.

puppynose
puppynose

Oh well, another one of those fragrances where the sharp fork in the sinus synthetic sour note obscures the rest of the composition. That note is tenacious- couldn't scrub it off. Glad I only got a sample.

ewanazwan
ewanazwan

This is spicy enough I think. But it just doesn't last long. But still, you can smell it on your wrist. Oh, it stings on my first use. And a little bit watery. But, I like it, but not much.

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Very sweet and synthetic smelling, but fresh all the same. Aimed at a younger market and it is the kind of scent that will appeal to men in their teens and early twenties. Especially with the modern looking plastic bottle that will no doubt intrigue a gadget obsessed generation. Not my favourite CK scent, but a decent one all the same that can be picked up fairly cheaply.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A "stepped out the ocean" aroma, which is brilliant for a beach holiday...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hour - 1.5 foot projeciton fading to 8 inches.
This is as close to a natural smell of the ocean as one could get, IMHO. Very well made with starfish prominent for the 1st 45 mins then a gentle, almost very crisp light and mild fruit edge comes in and mixes with the starfish. Sexy indeed. Very young masculine. Ages 18 - 40

1 hour - 5 hours - 3 inch projection. Same scent as last 15 mins above

5 - 7 hours. Close to skin. Sometimes it lasts longer

Very affordable these days.

I will remember using my 100 ML bottle at Los Gigantes Beach, Tenerife. I had to use more frequently as the Sun ate it up, but it's so affordable you can afford to re-apply

The best beach scent I have come across, IMHO. The bottle even looks like it belongs to a life guard and the fact its a plastic bottle means that you can easily put it in your beach bag, without worry of broken glass.

Good

kofykat
kofykat

I didn't have this, my man did and my god did it turn me on. As s girl, i'm really sad that they discontinued this.

Martyna
Martyna

At the beginning I really could smell something like a mixture of sea water with this 'fishy' aroma and a hint of bergamot. I suppose that the fishy thing comes from the unfortunate starfish but I find it quite interesting that there is something quite oceanic about the opening with more emphasis on water than fish.

Anyway, that passes really quickly and then it becomes quite sweet. Almost on the feminie side. No birch, vetiver or oakmoss for me, what is a shame because it would be more interesting that way.

Quite nice, but personally I won't remember it because of any particularly pleasant smell. I'll remember it only because of my awareness that it is supposed to contain a 'starfish' note, what makes it a bit of a curiosity in the perfume industry.

Aling23
Aling23

Another great scent from Calvin Klein.
Fresh sporty smell...sexy and seems to stay on for the whole day when my boyfriend wears it.
I really like this one.

Siv55
Siv55

I read an article assuring me "starfish" note is a synthesised ingredient and mercifully is not made of actual creatures :D
The question remains, WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SMELL LIKE? I mean, enough to buy a perfume based on them being in it? A touch of the esoteric is fine, but this is ridiculous. Are there any marine biologist fragrance lovers out there who can tell me that starfish have a wonderfully distinctive aroma that was just begging to be used in perfumery? Or is this pure nonsense? It deserved to die due to this self-concious conceptual idiocy whatever.
Marine. Just say marine. That's all you meant, don't try and be clever.
Also really don't like the advert. All armpits and underwear and smugness. Get dressed and go home, boy >:(

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Well I have to say my previous review was a bit reactionary :-/ but upon reading the whole review I remember my outrage being on the lowest possibility that a synthetic starfish note would exist due to zero demand for the unknown smell of a starfish. Though I still agree with the logic itself, I was dead wrong about the note.
The starfish note is actually an inspiration for the exact-most (it's a word now) essence of the salty sea that can be captured via smell (see the description). I'm glad I was wrong and I no longer wish for Klein, Cassar, Gaurin and Chaillan to f$&€ themselves, but should they feel adventurous, I won't judge. To be frank, I'm not sure exactly how to put it, but it's perfect representation of capturing the sea by smell, if only for wider-knowledge of the relationship between starfish and it's representation OF the sea smell.

So the smell: the opening bergamot is very dominant and kind of alienating, actually. But with that pure essence of the sea, when the bergamot finally settles, it is a good mix for an opening. The whole scent is aquatic, fresh, cool and honestly, yes, generic. But the scent over all is a good casual scent for summer days, nuff said.
Very casual fragrance for AU$29 is a very easy buy, but I have enough casual scents and I'm not one for citrusy openings so I dont place it in the want list.

jtappenden

Yes,this is Kouros plus Antaeus to the power of 10.The longevity & intensity are absolutely excellent.So fresh & invigorating.So masculine.

jtappenden

This fragrance has the sweetness of YSL's finest creations combined with the aromatic qualities of Chanel's best brands,such as Antaeus.

jtappenden

I absolutely love this fragrance.It is on a par with Insense Ultramarine.

maiker
maiker

I love this perfume so much, IS STRANGE, i use it every month, because it have a smell that make's you remember the last place you went with it.very juvenile. like me :)

Longevity: 10 hours
Overall: 5/5

P.D CHOICE. are right. every one should have one of this at least once in live. <3

jtappenden

Another discovery.Just bought today.A truly amazing men's fragrance.It has such a wide variety of angles & components.My new favourite.As with Tommy by Hilfiger,this is very good for spring or summer.Its qualities are great & varied.Yes,I think it's CK's best yet.

KS84
KS84

Fooled by gorgeous model in ad.
This smells cheap to me. Something is not right, is it the starfish or Pimiento note. It does smell for summer use.
...and apparently I'm not the only one to trash it, it's discontinued.

tvu
tvu

I have to say this is very pleasant summer smell. I didn't want to buy it at first because the bottle is plastic which looks cheap. However, the smell is so wonderful, I could not put it down. Lucky, my husband loved this too. After having it for a year, I find having a plastic bottle is quite convenience. It's light, it's great to take away on your holiday travel because you don't have to worry about breaking it - this is a bonus.

NNN
NNN

It's a men's perfume, I know, but its fresh and spicy fragrance makes Crave by Calvin Klein suitable for both men and women.
And I get compliments from both men and women when I'm wearing this one.

guest_calz
guest_calz

I chose this perfume for my boyfriend. the best fragrance both With an original and practical plastic bottle to be easily transported. I love so much

tonni
tonni

Starfish...Can I add fish or crab?

But I love crave crazy.It's fresh,a
little spice,boyish,charming,active and energyzing.A smart choise for young men.

I remember this cologne's release and pictures of Travis Fimmel(yum!) plastered in 3 of Macy's windows with the tweaked male symbol everywhere, and still it was not enough to lure me away from AdG at the time. The ad slogan"Get it on..." I thought was genius due to the double entendre. I received this as a sample last year and when I smelled it wished I had 'got it on' all those years ago...

This scent has one of the most unusual scents I have ever smelled and I'm seeing now that it is starfish(!)and bergamot. The bitter greeness I get but the other note in the opening is spicy-aquatic-sweet and I find it oh, so sexy! The herbal heart of basil, corriander and pimento is sharp, spicy and smooth. This scent is full of youthful exuberance but does not limit the age range that can wear it due to it's clean and modern construction that is manly and fresh simultaneously. The drydown is a little more 'mature' than the 'fresh' opening or the 'spicy' heart.(Almost like the answer to the sphinx's riddle:MAN who crawls on all fours as a youngster, walks on two legs as a man and leans on a cane as he gets older)As it dries it becomes warmer, woodier and more earthy with just the right amount of musk to sweeten it but not 'stink'. The birch-moss-vetiver combo is especially smooth, aromatic and clean. Nutmeg and tonka add warmth and elegance to the sandal's grace.

Sillage: great
Longevity: good
Overall: 4.5/5

Despite the basenotes, it never gets too oriental or staid, but remains young at heart. This is a very sexy scent that is pleasing to everyone who smells it and I am glad I found it in the large 2.5 oz EDT for under 20.00! When I am bored with other scents I reach for this and am always pleased. The packaging on this is unique and also artsy and very 'mod', I find it quite a treasure...

CHOICE
CHOICE

Para mi, la fragancia ideal para verano.

No muy cara, original y buen aroma, perdurabilidad que aumenta según el calor del ambiente y poco utilizada/conocida.

Todo el mundo debería tenerla al menos 1 vez en su vida.

narcotic
narcotic

Ahh, Crave.

Thank you, Calvin Klein's Perfume Marketers, for reminding me that one's taste in scent CAN change with age! I tried this with my junior high school years well past me, and I'm glad now to have done it.

For those mourning its discontinuation, fear not: you can approximate this scent far more cheaply by going up to a newly manufactured piece of consumer electronics and taking a good whiff (not that there's anything wrong with that... clearly I do this all the time!)

mal23
mal23

I had this fragrance several years ago when I was a teen. I loved the aroma it let off. I remember it being a pretty good summer scent for a younger age group, with its sweetness and grassy/citrus feel. Overall a 7/10

hay81hay
hay81hay

sweet too much , its close to unisex cologne .
i like it first after while i change my mind

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

just ran into this baby again and repurchased. on the strength, but not crazy about it like i was years ago.my nose is GROWN UP NOW! still a nice brief summer frag to rock before the cold hits

cassio
cassio

Very good fragrance to wear during hot wheather. Spicy and refreshing , smells like weekends by the sea.

instantjim
instantjim

I think this is good for a younger man, quite a light, sweet/spicy fragrance. It doesn't last overly long. I think it would be good for summer. I see it is classified as an aromatic fougere - I would never have thought it to be so.

It's weird, but I once had dried starfish hanging in my classroom (I am a teacher) and they started to smell unpleasant, so I sprayed them with a cheap knock-off fragrance I had (I think it was called Ivanof Waterman - a Cool water copy, I think). Anyway the unpleasant smell was taken away, but there was still an aquatic element detectable. I remember the smell of the starfish after I sprayed them and it is very much like what Crave smells like. Now that probably makes it sound more unpleasant than it really is. It is not a bad fragrance. The bottle is pretty cool, my class think it looks like a sarcophagus (we're studying Ancient Egypt at the moment).

nightcrawler27
nightcrawler27

sporty, active, perfect for hot weather and everyDAY use.

crfan
crfan

Very light scent that has no character at all. Recommended for 8-10 if that age range ever use a fragrance!

hena a
hena a

this has a fresh smell. kinda sporty but all in all it is a nice scent.

Eros
Eros

Fresh and citrus. Very simple. Got it as a gift from a godfather of my son, this is the only reason I keep it. Chemistry is not good for me - immidiatelly got head-ache.

knightz
knightz

I just tested a sample I got with an order last summer. I applied lots all over one arm and wrist so I could get a good, long whiff.

I like it. It is certainly fresh and spicy, with pepper sprinkled all over the opening and heart. There is light Bergamot, but the citrus is not overdone. To me, the pepper helps to hide that 'sea-shore' smell in the background that most Aquatic's have.

I'm testing it in the winter, the air is cool and dry inside, and the scent carries good sillage for an aquatic. After a very enjoyable beginning, it starts to become an 'ordinary' designer scent, which is not a bad thing.

After almost an hour the base is what's left, although the pepper stays around in the background. The dry down is a Spicy-Woody Musk. Very clean. Longevity is on the short side.

I like it, would like to own it, and would recommend it. It doesn't move me to the point where I have to run out and buy it right away. Just expect to get a nice everyday scent in CK Crave, very nice.

acc
acc

very ordinary like anything else calvin klein. sampled it a few times when it first came out but found it too simple. the only good thing is the bottle.

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

I bought this for my hubby, but sometimes i like wearing it. For me it, it has similar scent with hugo XY....the one I'm wearing at the moment. So fresh and sporty. makes me feel confident.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Crave is discontinued :P It's too plastic. A plastic grass scent. I hate this. I also hated the guy in Crave poster. However, I like the Bald guy in D&G Maddyrain :))

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

An interesting bottle, totally plastic, just like its content. I once loved it, but its too modern and synthetic smell is kind boring after awhile...

amanda
amanda

I have just bought it for my boyfriend. I liked very much the bottle, and when i smelled it was fresh and like fruity on the testing paper first smelled like escada sunset heat, but then i tried on my own skin and its not very sweet on me, but probably its different with mens chemistry.
Its sporty and fresh and perfect for summe, i like it very much and i hope he will like it too

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

It's sweet, but enought for a boy. It's perfect for young boys or active men. It's sweet but fresh and modern. This perfume has attitude.

2007

Crave by Calvin Klein 3.75 out of 5 based on 304 ratings and 68 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Crave fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Crave, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Crave by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Crave by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.