Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men

Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men
dislike

Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Videos
Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Pictures Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Pictures Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Pictures Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Pictures Dark Obsession Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Calvin Klein launched the famous feminine perfume Obsession in 1985. This perfume marked the decade. The first men's version, Obsession for Men, was introduced a year after the original. Other editions include feminine Obsession Sheer from 2002, Obsession Night for women and for men from 2005 and Secret Obsession for women from 2008. Calvin Klein presents Dark Obsession, a new masculine addition to the collection, in early 2013.

Dark, opulent and addictive, the new Dark Obsession fragrance is described as powerfully masculine and intensely sensual. The composition is a modern aromatic-oriental. It begins with bitter notes of Brazilian green mandarin, guarana and absinthe. Woody and aromatic tones of French clary sage, fir resin and white vetiver form the heart. The base is extremely warm due to Madagascar vanilla bean, suede and labdanum.

The face of the perfume is model Matthew Terry. The fragrance is available as 75 and 120 ml Eau de Toilette, as well as body spray.

Green Mandarin Guarana Wormwood

Clary Sage Balsam Fir Vetiver

Labdanum Madagascar Vanilla Suede

Dark Obsession Fragrance Reviews

roll4fun
roll4fun

My immediate impression was that of a nice smelling, well balanced woody spicy fragrance that doesn't come on strong.
As in one that projects easily within an arm length. After 1 hour, the well executed woody spicy balance takes on a more vanilla like lean. I could still smell on my arm up to 3.5 hours later, scent sat very close to the skin after 1.5 - 2 hours.
I couldn't pick out any individual notes, just a good overall blend. I'm passing on this one due mainly to its weak projection.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I was gifted a huge bottle (6.7 oz.???) of Dark Obsession months ago over the holidays. At first sniff I thought it was kind of nice (nothing great, nothing bad) with a semi-sweet, dark, creamy, vanilla-cocoa thing going on that seemed, perhaps, a bit sensual at the time.

Annoyingly, the scent got extremely soft in about 10-15 minutes and then completely disappeared in about an hour. I reapplied a few times and, the more I applied, the more I started to dislike this scent; it started to make me nauseous and it didn't smell at all marvelous.

In retrospect, it must have been that Guarana which I now assume to be the chocolate cousin to Guano (bat droppings). Dark Obsession is just not for me and the performance issues were a major disappointment. Thankfully, I was also given a receipt so I immediately exchanged it for a fragrance that I truly enjoyed.

In the end, I found Dark Obsession to be akin to a fart-in-the-wind; it was dark, fleeting, and didn't please the senses. Again, it must the Guano! (Lol)

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Surpris du bon côté.
Chocolaté, discret, doux...
Assez bien.

3,5/5

Budman
Budman

Opening is a subtle creamy smokey vanilla with hints of a dark chocolate or cocoa bean type smell (must be the guarana )- completely inline with what I envision by it's name and holding the bottle. Mandarin is listed but I get none of it for some reason.

As someone else already suggested, this then dries down to "modern" Old Spice or more subtle Paul Sebastian PS - great barbershop vibe of well groomed male. All the while you still get a tiny hint of it's parent scent in it. Spectacular combo here.

Four+ hours in, Ends with a creamy vanilla candle mixed with some powder scent and is basically a skin scent only at this point - perfectly timed to be inviting and non-burdening for the ending of a evening. First kiss on a date time or cuddle up after evening with significant other (to which mine approved of). You won't get this ending on a tester strip or your clothes though so don't be fooled.

This is one of CK's bests in a long while in my opinion. Not as sickly sweet as Obsession or Shock, far away from their weak aquatic mainstreams and has a transformation that one can definitely detect. Of course you get CK's poor siliage/longevity unfortunately, but it isn't horrible because I still get whiffs of the middle from my shirt and the ending from my neck some 6 hours later from applying.

Quality of ingredients are not as good for obvious reasons (price) but this is a niche experience for $60 and at your local Ulta or big dept store! Could see this in a Private Blend bottle (ohh how a little quality pipe tobacco or oud in the notes could have made this a masterpiece). I have this on my "hiddem gem" list.

Layzie
Layzie

Dark Obsession has a light and fresh opening. The mandarin orange and Madagascar vanilla create a sweet peppermint vibe. The vetiver rests underneath, while the sage and floral notes append to the main notes. The sweet citrusy dry-down is candy-like, and then it fades down to a vanilla-guarana melange.

Dark Obsession isn’t outstanding but very likable! It reminds me of crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Although this perfume is pleasant, the projection and longevity are a bit weak. It wasn’t a fit for me. Hopefully, it works for you!

madgefan
madgefan

Sweet smelling, spicy, woodsy, pine, herbal. An edible forrest. A candy-coated tree.

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

When I first sprayed this on in the department store, I walked away thinking i would never encounter the fragrance again. However, I couldnt stop smelling the wrist that I sprayed the cologne on. I went back and purcased it after about 15 minutes. Very glad I did. Maybe I lean more towards the vanilla/amber varities of cologne, but this is a great one. When I wear it, it does tend to pull in compliments. Its longetivity is average but the sillage for me was magnificent. I would definitely recommend this if you are a collector or if you would just like a nice scent to wear daily.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Really quite disapointed with this. I love obsession and obsession for men but this is so weak I can barely smell anything at all. A Pass for me im afraid.

Kiku
Kiku

My nose isn't picking up any of the notes listed. I don't find this opulent, addictive, or sensual. It smells like paint and whiskey to me.

kogai
kogai

Dark Obsession starts with a strong blast of wormwood and green mandarin that almost smells like Bazooka Joe bubble gum. It's pretty great: very clean, very strong, very piercing.

After the initial bubble gum phase, Dark Obsession starts to reveal it's true nature. The mandarin note fades away and the vanilla and guarana start to show up. The wormwood mixes with the vanilla and guarana; it reminds me of mixing absinthe into a vanilla-coffee.

During the drydown, the wormwood fades completely, the guarana eventually disappears, and the suede note shows up. The suede/vanilla(/vetiver I guess?) combine. The result smells powdered hot-chocolate mix.

On my skin, with 3 to 4 sprays:
Dark Obsession lasts for 6 to 9 hours on my skin. The drydown may go on for even longer. The initial bubble-gum opening projects for about 2 hours before calming down to the vanilla-coffee phase. After the opening, this fragrance stays within a few feet of me, as far as I can tell.

The opening and the vanilla-coffee phase are my favourite parts of this fragrance. The drydown is a little bit boring, but it's still nice. If you don't like sweet-vanilla type fragrances, this will be cloying to you. However, if you do like vanilla, this stuff is great.

The smell of this fragrance matches the bottle, but doesn't match the name. The bottle is smooth, matte, and non-reflective, which matches completely the smooth, powdery, creamy scent inside. The fragrance isn't as "dark" as it is "dark chocolate."

SUMMARY:
Smell: 7.5/10
Sillage: 7/10

Overall: 7.5/10
Bottle: 8/10

thomas261989
thomas261989

Dark Obsession is like a cup of Vienna. You know there's a lot of cream, there's milk, there's coffee but you still want to add in a spoon of sugar to sweeten the whole thing. There's more vanilla than I usually like for my scent but like a cup of Vienna, it's the cheat that allows myself every now and then, when I want to smell like temptation (like icing on a cake) for a night out. The base is nothing special, nothing spectacular, but just like a cup of Vienna, you take a sip and you whisper to yourself, "this is good" when it all blends together. If you don't like vanilla, wait about 15mins after you spray it on yourself and once the other notes come up, it would be like that first sip of Vienna, "this is good".
Definitely not a daily wear or office friendly, but good for a movie night or chilling with a glass of wine.

chip
chip

I agree, this is very similar to Tobacco Vanille Tom Ford. But after a while, the vanilla stands out cloyingly, unlike Tom Ford's. It doesn't last long enough, the most 2-3 hours. After that it stays low on the skin.

Dezine0
Dezine0

To me, the opening is a sweet aroma of pipe tobacco smoke. Many seem to have a problem with longevity but I get over 12 hours and the sweetness lingers throughout. It is quite linear but I don't mind it. And the sweetness is definitely not feminine but a smoky musky kind. I was surprised that to me this is very similar to Tobacco Vanille Tom Ford...

fresh_scents

I wore DO yesterday, and it just represents the image of a man, my father, that cared enough to always properly groom themselves before leaving the home. It's overpriced so look for DO online. This is the modern version of Old Spice to me.

mshilov
mshilov

Smells nice, and could be a modern version of classic Obsession (which is absolutely fantastic), but it leaks it's enveloping sensuality. Instead we have a very short 'pleasure time' and immediate disappearing of a scent - a body spray effect, I would say. It doesn't last at all. And this is really disappointing.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

This new CK fragrance is very nice, not thrilling but nice if you into vanilla male fragrances .

All I was able to detect from this was alot of vanilla with few spices to remind the nose its a male perfume, If the two perfumes of Sun,Moon,Stars and Eros ( by Lagerfeld & Versace) could have a baby, it would be Dark Obsession ,since it very vanilla with spices that makes it a very soft masculine and sensual perfume , the title doesn't fit the perfumes personality honestly but I imagine the new crew of the house of Calvin Klein over strained their imagination and just went with a old title name of their perfume line of getting obsession just for safe marketing keeps, personally I think they should have named it something else none related to obsessions , its still has that good classy casual scent that you will always be secure with CK's fragrances, but this perfume is very soft, sweet and spicy, on me it did not lasted a longtime by which it disappointed me, maybe on other men it lasts more but on me it vanished within a half hour.

This is a good buy if you enjoy the a soft male or low key metrosexual kind of a fragrance ,personally from testing the new male fragrances line I enjoy Encounter & Aqua Eternity much more, but this Dark Obsession isn't like its predecessor Obession,which was intense ,chic, male and sexy, this Dark Obession very nice and a laid back vanilla guy that wont offend anyone at a office, nothing thrilling or smoldering sexy.

fresh_scents

I just got it today, and it's my second CK fragrance that I am thoroughly enjoying. Dark Obsession is a sweet, spicy and vanilla fragrance. In my view DO is a great cold weather fragrance, but I'll see how it performs as the temperature rises.

My affinity for the dark fragrances is overwhelming and I am able to clearly distinguish them all. Give it a sniff and tell me what you think.

Endymion
Endymion

To be honest, I actually like it :)
For me it smells just like CLOVE which I just love!
Even if it doesn't contain clove, it smells like for me.
Not that dark, but inviting and cosy :D

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

When I think of "dark" fragrances I am usually thinking things like Drakkar, YSL Body Kouros, Montale Wood and Spices, Fahrenheit Absolute, Encre Noir. That whole mysterious, woodsy vibe. But I was disappointed not to find that here. It really departs from the original Obsession which I felt was spicier, edgier and as a result, more masculine. The vanilla is sweet and nice, but the scent just lacks body, projection and longevity. It could use a good amber and cedarwood base to really drive home the point, replace the suede with a rich black leather. Its not a bad fragrance honestly, but its just not delivering what it's playing at. I like the combination overall, just a little disappointed by thinking of how good it might have been.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This had the potential to be amazing!

Once sprayed, you get this overwhelming aroma of coffee. I think it's the guarana (I looked it up and found out it's similar to coffee). An intense blast of coffee mixed with a little vanilla!

Wow! A vanilla coffee scent... Beautiful! First the coffee was so intense it almost entirely covered the other smells... Quickly, the vanilla starts to take over while the coffee looses it's power gradually. There is a point where the vanilla/coffee scents meet in midway. At this point, this perfume is at it's best!

Sadly, this phase doesn't last at all and you end up with a vanilla drydown. I mean it... It's almost pure vanilla. The coffee disappears! Too bad!

I don't find this perfume to be dark at all... Maybe just at the beginning. Shame... This perfume could have been great but ends up boring!

Lozzle
Lozzle

Dark Obsession to me is a great new scent. It is on my xmas wish list and I cant wait to spray it all over me. I have tested it a number of times and find it leaves a wonderfully vanilla aroma. Reminds me of creamy ice cream and who doesn't like that! I found it lasts very well, I sprayed it on last night and I can still smell it fairly strongly this morning.
Thanks CK I like it.

sarito84
sarito84

The initial blast is strong spicy vanilla, most suitable for evening. But after 30mins it becomes just blah, nothing interesting and longetivity is almost gone. A really poor fragrance in contrast to the original.

UPDATE REVIEW:

I have tested the fragance yesterday:
Another nauseating, cheaper, light, sweet and synthetic fragance from this house.
Each fragrance that takes getting worse. Well, this is better than Encounter ..

Sillage: 2/10

Perigee
Perigee

Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." The same thing goes for perfumes. No scent is the Be-All-End-All, and certainly not Dark Obsession. It's a spicy Obsession. That's what it is - that's what it does.

And that's pretty much enough.

I'm an Obsession fan literally from day one; bought a bottle on the initial hype, junior year of college, and I thought I was suave as all get-out, and wore it every chance I got to dress up. Milky-powdery Mister Smooth.

Eventually, I got the taste for spicier stuff, and when Red for Men came out, I switched horses, and never looked back much - note my signature. I still have about 60% of that original Obsession bottle tucked away for when the time and circumstances allow.

But now, I can have my cake and eat it too: Milky/Powdery/Spicy, all in one go. Given, wearing as many hats as it does, it isn't Definitive in anything; too smooth for Manly, too manly for Smooth. But it's a nice niche for when you're feeling like... a Manly Gentleman. "The Most Interesting Man In The World" might sig this stuff, if you follow my intention. For those of us with a more... decided personality, one way or the other, it does give you a small dose of identity issues, so be prepared for a little compromise.

Be warned that there is a somewhat mortifying initial bloom of fir on first application, but that settles out within the first half hour. Plan your dosage accordingly. Over the next three hours, the spices rise and fade, leaving a more masculine Obsession to play out the rest of the round. Being a Calvin Klein, it's playing pretty safe, and won't take you anywhere you'd be afraid to go.

A LOT of people on here have issues with longevity. I promise you this is not a universal complaint. I've worn this for two days straight, and on my skin this stuff is a radiating 12+ hour monster. Lucky me - unlucky them; as far as you are concerned, you may want to dig up a tester or sample, and see what side your skin falls on.

Well worth it, if you're a fan of Obsession Original, but want a Slightly more edgy feeling.

@thomasr36

I disagree with thomasr36
Your using a fragance, only for others to smell ??
I do not understand. For that, you can take tap water.
I use perfume to smell me, not for others and fragances are important in my life. If I can't smell ....

This fragrance will test it soon and then I'll give my opnion.

thomasr36
thomasr36

I just bought it and wow it smells great . I sprayed 1 on left arm and 1 on right arm and 1 on neck . Cologne is suppose to be subtle . If you can smell your own cologne you put too much on . Spray on neck and both forarms .

benpaul12
benpaul12

This is a very nice cologne, has a dark edge to it but not too dark that it would be non-versatile. Therefore it is very Calvin Klein.

I find that it smells like a dark or intense version of Burberry Brit.

I thought this looked very interesting from the note breakdown on here and would be sexy and sensual.
Personally I found it to be very grassy in the top I get a lot of the fir and sage coming through with the vanilla it's quite strange really.
I'm not saying it doesn't work I need to give it further analysis before I reach my conclusion.
I like woody scents on the whole and like the descriptions here about root beer...it just smells odd to me first try though.

Molko
Molko

The top smell is like CK one shock, but after it shows a different face, becomes more dark, intimate, romantic, not harsh at all. I like the smell, also the black flanker, but as fragrance is poooor, 1 hour and fades away

BenjaminDallas
BenjaminDallas

I have gone into multiple stores while looking for some cologne and workers usually rave about this. I finally got some and am utterly disappointed. 2 sprays will last 45 minutes tops. It has nice notes you can smell the vanilla its just extremely weak. Obsession is much better than this. Stay away.

ltj559
ltj559

Im not really sure where all the hate for this one comes from.

Personally I love this scent. The person who said this smells like Root Beer Bottle Caps pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Think soda mixed with vanilla. I generally don't even like CK scents but can't wait to buy this.

fresh_scents

I was in the department store and placed a couple of sprays of this product on my arm. Wow, I love it! This is the second CK fragrance that I absolutely like and, up until recently, CK fragrances were dismissed as trendy and kidish. Not this particular one. I gotta have it in my fragrance wardrobe in the future.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

Although dark obsession is far from a masterpiece I don't think this is as bad as people are making it out to be. Yes the longevity and projection is a bit on the short side and its not very unique but I think it smells good and it is quite cheap. I got it for £20 at 125ml.

It opens up slightly bright, woody and with a slight spicy feel to it. The opening is slightly soft and I almost get a kind of talc powder feeling to it.

After the opening fades away which is after about an hour it begins to settle down a bit and become slightly warm or creamy which I think may be the hint of suede causing it.

The base notes are probably my favourite part of this scent but here the projection is quite bad, I have to get really close to smell it. Towards the end of the heart dark obsession to me goes slightly smoky vanilla before eventually drying down to a very nice smooth warm vanilla and suede note.

It reminded me of ck shock and d&g the one gentlemen but doesn't smell exactly the same as them. longevity is about 5 hours but projection is short. more reviews at mrproductreview.com

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Reminds me of the cola or root beer bottle caps, I kinda like it, not bad! :)

antonpan
antonpan

I strongly disagree with those who compare Dark Obsession and cK One Shock, they are absolutely different fragrances. Moreover, I suppose the Dark Obsession's juice better correlate with cK One line, and vice versa.

Dark Obsession is a light (not light... comfortable) fruity vanilla patchouli scent. From the other fragrances it is closer to Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman, being fruitier and more wearable. The Calvin Klein starts off with a fruity accord, than becomes woodier and even a bit spicy in the deep dry down. On the whole, however, Dark Obsession could be described as a slightly sweet fruity fragrance with some woody uniqueness. Maybe it is synthetic, but I so apprecite wearing it, it stays like a second skin! The sillage is modest, the longevity is good.

antoneux
antoneux

Sampled this at Macy's tonight, I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately I am kind of disappointed. I like the scent but I already own it and it's called CK one Shock. This smells exactly the same, except Dark Obsession disappears very quickly. I sprayed my wrist so I could test out the longevity and within 2 hours the scent was mostly gone. No longevity whatsoever! Which is ridiculous for a $70 dollar fragrance.

If you do like this save your money and go to TJ Maxx and get yourself a bottle of CK one Shock for $20 because it smells the same as this and it lasts longer.

junior halston
junior halston

Calvin Klien sold his name and business years ago and retired. The name exist today but the vision of the brand is muddled. This can be especially seen in Dark Obsession which I don't understand the reason for its creation.

The fragrance is classic Coty formula watered down with lots of alcohol that maybe lasts an hour on your skin if your lucky.

willbear
willbear

i love this all i can say just woody and deep

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Bought a 125ml EDT spray for £24.99 so this was a bargain I could not pass over. For me, I actually really like this fragrance. It is sweet, smokey and sits very well with my chemistry. It is quite long lasting on me and the dry down is very nice indeed. I am getting a lot of vanilla and suede smell and I also detect wafts of the original Obsession trying to show itself. A nice sweet woody fragrance which for me is perfect for the evening. It is quite a sexy scent.

kenney77

Very good smell I like it a lot

ravenna
ravenna

Meh. Sweet, and ambery. It is a little bit dark compared to so many other light men's scents, but it still doesn't warrant the moniker- very middle of the road, safe, if you ask me. There are some hints at things more interesting, a touch of spice, a whisp of cumin, the vague sense of suede, but it takes no chances and ends up really quite boring as a result.

To make matters worse... I thought I was being brash when at the counter I gave myself a full four spritzes. 20 minutes later on my way out to the car I could only detect the smell within a few inches of my wrist. Yes, projection is quite low and longevity is even lower. 2 hours later there's nothing but sweet vanilla when my nostrils are crammed against my skin. Ugh- when am I going to learn it is just time to give up on anything new by Calvin Klein? I could've given myself one spritz of A*Men and had a far more interesting and infinitely longer lasting fragrant afternoon. I'm just so bored with A*Men too. Yes, I'm ranting...

Perfume Industry if you're reading this- you keep coming up with an endless slew of fragrances with catch phrases like: dark, noir and nuit. This must be because you know there is demand for such "dark" swarthy scents out there from people like me. The only problem is the juice doesn't match the name and you're not fooling any but the most gullible of us! Cut it out, give us something ACTUALLY deep, mysterious and complex and you'll have my dollars. In the meantime they're staying in my pocket thank you very much.

nohedidnt81
nohedidnt81

Smells like Vera Wang for Men but with poor projection. Not a fan of this. Like others have mentioned I don't see the need to call this Dark.I had high hopes for this was my 2nd CK cologne I ever owned. CK hasn't made a frag I've liked since Euphoria.

Smellmyfeet
Smellmyfeet

This fragrance fails because of the expectation you get by the name Dark Obsession. There is noting really dark about it. To me the original Obsession, which was my first signature scent in the late 90's, is darker then this. Also putting it in a black bottle also throws everybody off. This should have been in a gray or light blue bottle to match the scent that you get from it. That being said this is not a bad scent. Longevity however is extremely poor on my skin. I get about 2 hours then is is completely gone not even a skin scent but gone. I foresee this being discounted really soon.

WayneDN
WayneDN

Tried this on today at the store and I was deeply disappointed. Forget this one! Lasted about 10 minutes and than faded.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I was unimpressed. Nothing new here, folks, move on..

By the way, how, exactly, can a generic fruity vanilla scent be termed "dark?"

lennylu
lennylu

It's true--Dark Obsession is really just a reformulation of CK One Shock--the resemblance is completely obvious the moment you spray it. Pleasant, but actually prefer Shock to this (especially the price). If you like this, skip it and look for Shock at half-price!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Smells like apple pie to me.

deadidol
deadidol

I admit I was curious to try this, but it just smelled safe to me. Absolutely nothing new going on -- smells like 95% of all the other mainstream flankers. I even forgot what it smelled like 10 minutes after sniffing it. I'd say I was disappointed, but my expectations were pretty low to begin with. If you're on the market for a totally nondescript, synthetic blob in which none of the notes are readily apparent, then this is the scent for you.

4nobletruths
4nobletruths

This fragrance can be described with one word SEXY!

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Smells like a way toned down ck one shock to me. It has that same gourmand smell, only way more subtle. Its a seductive close quarters scent and gourmand lovers will be wearing this stuff. Not my cup of tea these days.

steve0580
steve0580

Very woody and only slightly aromatic. The vanilla is almost undetectable.

The wood element of Dark Obsession is like a dry wood, as opposed to Encre Noire, Ralph Lauren's current Polo formulation or Fireside Intense, which all have burning or burnt wood notes.

It's very reminiscent of Armani Code Ultimate. If you like that, you'll like this.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is a review for the body spray that I happened to acquire even before this has hit the store shelves as I write this on 07 March 2013.

After spraying a generous amount to my one arm, I had to get over the "Axe Effect" of being overwhelmed by that bitter aerosol smell common in body sprays. As the true part of the scent emerges, I am met with a good dose of mandarin and sweet amber notes. The original Obsession was never this sweet. As the top notes settle, I smell something familiar giving that homage to the original. In smoother tones, you smell the familiar aromatic lavender and pine notes of the original, but clearly made more fresher with the lingering mandarin. The powdery notes of the original is still here. My nose says they used a synthetic iris, but it could very well be the labdanum that I'm smelling. I like the use of vetiver to support the powdery notes. This combo of powder and vetiver reminds me a lot Chanel No 19 Poudre, but deeper.

There's a good depth to this scent, but in a modern, more crowd pleasing angle by breathing in fresh facets of notes, definitely not like the musky and warm aromatic of the original. For me, this is good, I really got overwhelmed quickly with the original.

To compare the weight of the scent, you can clearly tell Dark Obsession is a less complex, dumbed down, far less piney aromatic wisp of the original. In truth, I love the original, but only when I felt that I wanted to smell a little brasher, a little more retro.

The base notes are not all to revolutionary. At this point it reminds me a bit of Christian Audigier for Him, but doesn't smell so cheap, and smells a little more well put together.

I like this scent! Definitely far better than the quirky and odd melange of CK Encounter, which my attention to it lasted only about a day and a half. Truly regretted getting a bottle. I know I bought it because, at that time, it smelled different, but I was too compulsive in buying it on the spot because Encounter isn't really all to memorable for me.

If the EdT smells anything like this body spray, I am truly happy. I found a 4 oz. tester for cheap and on its way to me as I write this review.

The name finally rings true. I do find it obsessive now. Honestly the original really didn't do it for me, though I did like the notes on the final drydown after spicy aromatics which I get sick of after a while. If anyone remembers Obsession Night, it was a total joke, a totally misdirected concept where they felt they had to cash in on the craze for "evening" inspired scents like Polo Black, and Armani Black Code. Obsession Night did smell nice to an extent, a fresh but slightly warm, creamy sandalwood smell, but nothing to make it stand the test of time. Perhaps Dark Obsession might hang around a little longer. I think it is definitely a crowd pleaser.

kenney77

Can't wait try it out sounds interesting

Fairus
Fairus

Why CK perfume poor in longevity? sometimes the counterfeit better in term in term of longevity!LOL. shame on CK~~

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Count me in on being excited for this new fragrance. I will not get my hopes up as like the posters before me I have to agree that pretty much anything from Calvin Klein in the last 10 years has been incredibly disappointing...not to mention completely out of touch with the house's history of innovative fragrance design...

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

Obsession was the first cologne I ever tried on as a kid--it was my Dad's that I would sneak a spray before school in the mornings. I can't wait to at least try it. Although in recent years, anything from Calvin Klein has been a bitter disappointment in terms of longevity and sillage. I hope this one isn't the same.

Senzadite
Senzadite

For sure i will test it because the notes seem interesting BUT i dont trust CK the last releases from this house are pretty bad as bad as they make Avon look like a niche house.

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

cannot wait...

bebozizo83
bebozizo83

waiting to use it...

Dark Obsession by Calvin Klein 3.67 out of 5 based on 151 ratings and 59 user reviews

Boots.com
27.99 GBP
Calvin Klein Dark Obsession Eau de Toilette spray 125ml
Calvin Klein Dark Obsession Eau de Toilette spray 125ml
Eau De Toilette 4oz
DARK OBSESSION for MEN by Calvin Klein EDT SPRAY 4 OZ
DARK OBSESSION for MEN by Calvin Klein EDT SPRAY 4 OZ
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Dark Obsession Cologne by Calvin Klein - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Dark Obsession fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Dark Obsession, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dark Obsession by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dark Obsession by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.