Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Encounter Calvin Klein for men

oud
rum
Encounter Calvin Klein for men Videos
Encounter Calvin Klein for men Pictures Encounter Calvin Klein for men Pictures Encounter Calvin Klein for men Pictures Encounter Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Calvin Klein launches a new fragrance in September 2012 - mysterious, seductive and masculine Encounter.

The composition is developed by Firmenich perfumers Honorine Blanc and Pierre Negrin. It opens with aromas of mandarin, cardamom and rum. Pepper, Egyptian jasmine, patchouli and cognac from the perfume’s core, settled on woody nuances of oud, Atlas cedar and musk.

Actor Alexander Skarsgard, known for his role of the vampire Eric from the TV series "True Blood", was chosen to be the face of the campaign. His partner is model Lara Stone. The advertising displays a short story open to interpretation about tension and desire between a man and a woman.

Available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying collection for face and body care.

Cardamom Mandarin Orange Rum

Cognac Pepper Jasmine Patchouli

Musk Cedar Agarwood (Oud)

Encounter Fresh
Innovation
Colors de Benetton

Encounter Fragrance Reviews

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

@ecojoe69 - All bottle tops have to be put on a certain way or they don't fit. Lol. If you are so perplexed by it, just leave it off:)

Manny44
Manny44

Much better than I expected. Stradles the line between sweet and herbal successfully. Nice longevity, humble sillage, but thats what makes it a good casual first date frag, or even an acceptable office scent.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

This was an impulse buy for me. At $14 I didn't think I could really go wrong. I guess I would have to say that for $14 I cannot complain but I am glad I didn't spend any more on this. I get wood, pepper and a bit of smokey cedar but that is about it and NOT a lot of it. This will do nicely if you just want an after-the-shower scent or you could pack this in your gym bag and not being out too much $$ if it was broken in your bag, but I cannot see this being anyone's signature scent.
Also: who makes a bottle top that has to be put on a certain way or it won't fit???? Bad bottle design. Meh cologne.

jdfarley
jdfarley

You know, CK Encounter is an interesting fragrance for me. Bucks the trend of fresh citrus fragrances by offering a decent dark and fruity cologne perfect for the cooler weather. Lots of alcohol in the top notes, not indicative of a cheap fragrance, but more of a rum and bourbon feel with orange or bergamot. The middle and base notes are more palatable for me, but unfortunately the boozy top notes last a long time. Because it can be rather cloying, I gave my bottle to my dad and no longer use it. Oddly enough, I also have the body spray version of Encounter and enjoy that one much more. It is what I wish the cologne smells like.

dbarrymore21
dbarrymore21

Gotta say this is probably the worst fragrances I ever owned, no clue why I bought in the first place. CK has some good ones but definitely not Encounter. Not that the fragrance is just plain bad but really you will get sick of it quite soon anyway that's my opinion.

mjunio14
mjunio14

Recebi uma amostra de 1,2 ml desse perfume.

Aroma? Sensacional, tanto é que estou a procura de um perfume com tais semelhanças. Ahhh, se não fosse a fixação e projeção desse perfume que são horriveis, eu ja estaria com um frasco no meu guarda roupa. Usei apenas 3 borrifadas e lembro de não ter passado das 3 horas de fixação. Infelizmente não vale o preço que pedem, aqui no brasil 30 ml esta custando em torno de 160~180 reais. Porem se surgir alguma promoçao e eu encontrar esse perfume por 100 reais ou menos eu comprarei, pois acredito ser um preço justo pela baixa fixação e projeção!

Consigo sentir o rum + conhaque e talvez o cardamomo, não sei ao certo, so sei que o aroma agradou me demais! É um perfume um pouco doce, nao muito. É sensacional! Ideal para noites frias e encontros a 2 :D

EDIT: Usei mais um pouco do decant ontem a noite, passei por volta das 21 horas, estava bem frio, 18~19 graus, acordei 6 horas da manha e ele ainda estava la firme e forte, tava bem rente a pele é verdade, mas me surpreendeu. Continuei gostando muito da fragrancia, mas por ter um preço um pouco elevado preciso testar outras fragrancias com mais "nome" para ver se esse garoto merece um lugar no meu guarda roupa rsrs

JoeOM
JoeOM

I got this as a gift and I have to say it is quite nice.

It's warm and sweet. A very nice blend of spicy mandarin and cardamon. The rum and cognac adding sweetness. The woody dry down is nice but is almost undetectable to me as the fragrance itself has poor longevity. It does however project very well while it lasts.

Nothing extraordinary but still good, doesn't deserve the hate just because of the longevity issue.

Beccaru
Beccaru

Nice. Bit boring. The sort of scent I'd buy for my dad for Father's Day or a male relative at Christmas. Inoffensive and safe - but fresh smelling and pleasant

soned
soned

For the actual price, CK Encounter is a nice deal. Spicy and sweet dark rum....that's it, but it works!!!.

Now, on me, it last a long time, easily more than 8 hours. Off course, close to the skin, but still there lingering.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Very sexy and spicy. .same vibe as bvlgari man.

veera.sareddy@gmail.com
veera.sareddy@gmail.com

I bought it in Singapore duty free shopping for 91$ (With Duo stick).
I like the mid notes of this perfume. Disappointed over all with poor longivity, projection, price.

My rating for CK encounter is 3/10.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

Got a sample of this and it smells good,i can sense the cognac and woody in it.It's creamy,sweet,it's a nice fragrance .Maybe if i'll find this at a super discount price i'll get one and use it here and there.
Otherwise it's not worth paying too much on it since longevity and projection are on the low side just like a 15-20 Euro fragrance.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

i got this last night. Light an airy scent with little sweetness. I get some traces of Dirty English by juicy couture in it. I think its a summer fragrance.

overall good.

headofstate
headofstate

This has become readily available in discounters across America and can be had for as low as $19.99 (12 Quid) for a 1.7 oz, $29.99 for a 3.4 oz. I got mine for that price last fall and tried it a few times and enjoyed it but thought its performance standards left a bit to be desired. (Light projection and only 4-5 hours longevity in moderate temperatures) I have come back to this in the deep cold of winter and the cold, frigid temperatures have really brought this one to life for me and I have found the palette of boozy sweetness and dark woodsy accords fantastically enjoyable for such a mainstream release.
Sure, this isn't as original, minimalist or organic as some of the refined nosed oud lovers would like it to be. Still, this one is rather unique for Calvin Klein and worth picking up on the cheap. It brings back the masculinity that had long been chipped away at in CK fragrances until they released CK One Shock. Klein seems to have learned a great deal from the run-away mainstream success of Tim McGraw's boozy, ambery and spicy releases with a segment of the population not known to have bought fragrances before with such gusto going wild for the original and Southern Blend.
Blanc & Negrin have taken from McGraw's foundation and then added the popular niche craze of the day, oud, into the mix, hoping to ensnare a wide range of consumers under its all-encompassing catch-all net and garner the success Klein had in the late 1980's with Obsession and Eternity.
Encounter has that boozy quality from the get-go, with the dark and dank cognac combining with the sweet and sugary rum to give Encounter its essential wine bar personality top. The booziness is embellished with a nice combination of cardamom and pepper; with the mandarin orange coming through and adding a bit more of a high-octave freshness to the mix. The oud comes in later in the wear and in my view is done rather well, though many reviewers have a point, the notes encircling it don't give it enough room to really breathe and shine. I can only speak for the oud niche scents I have gotten my nose on before and this is certainly serviceable and comparable in quality to those, but could have been a bit more minimalist to bring it out further. The dry-down is basically just some soft woods with musk and it's not very interesting, but the niceness of the first few hours makes this fragrance for me.
Just be warned that projection is moderate early but it quickly slips to soft after about 30 minutes and stays that way the whole way through. In general conditions longevity was average, but in the cold after about 5-6 wears I've consistently gotten about 10-12 hours.
This won't be liked by some here simply because it's Calvin Klein (translation: too common and readily available to be caught dead in public wearing). So consider that natural bias of our reviewers when considering buying this product for yourself.
If you like that dark woodsy feel and boozy sweetness that are so much the essence of this one, don't let the rather soft to moderate projection of this one stand in your way. It's more subtle than many would like, but it also makes the fragrance more versatile and appropriate for formal, casual or work and a genuinely great entry-point for newbies who haven't gotten their nose on a lot of high-priced niche ouds.
Sadly this didn't have the success Calvin Klein had hoped for to revitalize his declining fragrance franchise; and has continued the trend of Klein fragrances making it to the discounters within a year of release. The boozy sweetness and darker wood tones in this are really nice for a mainstream fragrance and for such a low price is worth blind buying as you can easily wear this at work or in an intimate setting and get positive reactions and at the very least a very warming, enjoyable feel from wearing it. Good in cold weather, not that impressive over 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If you live in a warm climate most of the year, probably not worth your time. But Canadians, New Englanders, Russians, Scandinavians and Great Lakes residents, Have at it for winter!

WNYPitaboy
WNYPitaboy

ENCOUNTER was given to me for a gift. To be honest, I'd never even heard of it. With that said, it has to be one of my favourite new scents!

I’ve found that it lasts for hours and it’s certainly noticed by the “passerby”.
It definitely projects and will last you for an evening out.

As for how it smells? I’m not going to say it smells like this scent or that one because I just can’t distinguish them. Perhaps that’s because I’m oblivious when it comes to the world of fragrances, or perhaps it’s just because they really AREN’T discernable. I’ll just go with the former and blame myself.

What I will say is this. Calvin Klein has created a wonderfully sexy, soft and masculine scent which I would put on par with Dolce & Gabbana’s “The One”. While they do not have the same scent, they share many of the same qualities; those being the soft/smooth “feel” the slightly “Dirty” masculine smell with a subtle warmth to it.

From my personal overall experience I rate Encounter an 4 1/2 (out of five).

nigelchoi
nigelchoi

Personally I am not very good with the spicy or woody scented fragrances. This one is acceptable as it is still on the sweet side. HOWEVER, I would like to say that the longevity of this fragrance sucks! I have tried using over 10 sprays and it has almost no projection at all, and most importantly, it still didn't last more than 5 minutes, whether it was on my skin or on my clothes. Nice fragrance, but very very disappointing.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I must say the trend of Oud in the western scene of perfumes brought a very cool experience to male perfumes.
I tried this new guy with its bro Dark obsession , I found them both to be very metro-sexual types or soft male.

I don't mind soft male fragrances , and this Encounter perfume I must say was very friendly on my nose and body chemistry, the Oud gives it a " Hm.-mMMMmmmm" to it but its a light ingredient it seems ,because the rest of notes are very dominant and makes this fragrance very sweet but sharp of character, reminds me like Joop and Jil Sanders style of fragrance, but the Asian mid east Oud gave encounter a nice exotic appeal but the other notes gave this guy a very westernizes chic style too it.

I cant say its alpha male or sporty type, its very night style and I can see this being worn in a night club and in a office if your comfortable in having presence in the office because the patchouli, spices and oud gives that assertive tone to it but the sweet notes gives it a modest mood to the fragrance but not in a lazy way or dull way, it has that sweet lively assertive male spirit to it that is charming to be around.

If you enjoy a light, chic , modest with a whisper of exoticism or borderline androgynous kind of a perfume,I say this because im honest, I imagine wearing this too ,because I have a sense I smelt this before in the 80's.

Its a good buy if your into the metrosexual style of perfume but I don't recommend this to macho like guys unless you want to soften your alpha stud energies to chic modest gentlemen, its a good buy for you or a special someone .

tgnetz
tgnetz

I see the good and the bad in this fragrance. The good is that it smells amazing. Disregard the "boozy" reviews. This is a nice, dare I say classy, with a great blend of woods, herbs, and alcohols. The bad is that this scent doesn't last long at all. After about an hour it is almost nonexistent. I expected more from a designer like Calvin Klein and thought finding this gift set for 10 dollars was a steal. I would have much rather picked up an Axe or Old Spice body spray for half the price and three times the longevity. The smell is good and I plan on using it after showers, before bed, or as a refresher.

mashka
mashka

First Calvin Klein cologne in my collection. Absolutely LOVE it !!!! Starts worm, sweet and spicy but settles down and reminds me of Karl Lagerfeld's PHOTO. I tested it first at the store and then found a gift set at Marshalls for 35 dollars. Perfect for winter!

fahadharoon
fahadharoon

i got this as a sample with a purchase. Absolutely awful. Too boozy to a point of making you feel like a drunk. Definately not for me. I'll pass.

rbrown640
rbrown640

What the heck do you guys want? To be stinking up the room when you walk in. Even though I can't smell it after a short while, when I walk in a room and walk by someone they can smell it. It does sit soft and I can still smell it on my arms after 8-10 hours. I love the fact that it isn't overpowering. I've had a lot of great compliments from encounter. I'm tired of all the perfumy men's colognes. I want something that smells masculine and this does it. And thank god that it isn't citrusy. My only complaint is that for some reason all the stores have pulled it off the shelves. I can only get it online and at the outlet. For once Calvin Klein got it right.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

I really don't get the hate with this one. Its really a nice scent, smells dark, sexy, boozy and dirty. The Oud is there but is not main player of Encounter, so don't expect a lot from the oud. To bad the performance for this one falls short. 4 hours of longevity on my skin and 2 hours of good protections. But overall is a nice scent, not that generic like I expected, way waaay better than Gucci Guilty collection and Gucci Made To Measures.
2.5 out of 5

Boxcuttahz
Boxcuttahz

Received this in the mail today purchased a 100ml bottle for $30

If you have had Rocawear XI9 then this will definitely remind you of it, nothing special here, I would rather rocawear over this any day

No longevity and projection issues tho as others are having but definitely nothing to get too excited about. Ck shock is a better release than this in my opinion and for the price... Cant go wrong

kellzparker
kellzparker

If Calvin would of invested as much money on the frag as was on advertisement the longevity and sillage would of been much better.
It is a TOTAL SHAME that it fades out after a couple hours.

Overall thoughts,
I will give Ck credit that you can pick up something, unfortunatley it doesn't last.
4/10 too bad, if the longevity was increased I would increase my rating.

THIS IS FOR CALVIN KLEIN, I HOPE YOU REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE DISSAPOINTED A LOT OF YOUR FOLLOWERS...THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS OBSESSION. I AGREE WITH ALL THOSE WHO ARE DISSAPOINTED.
I GUESS THE STRATEDY IS MORE ON QUANTITY INSTEAD OF QUALITY.
P.S. IF YOU DECIDE TO LAUNCH AN INTENSE VERSION, MAKE SURE THE AROMA IS TRUE AND THE LONGIVITY WILL LAST PAST 6 HOURS.

joshuaerlinger
joshuaerlinger

A high sillage may offend a partner, especially when you're very close as the advertising may suggest. A hug may allude to your scent- that's my kind of appeal.

I'm not into the kapow factor of cologne. Nor do I like the idea of 'strangers' having a smell of me

Bobster
Bobster

What a shame from the house of Calvin klein. Encounter could have been something great but poor longevity and projection killed it for me. Over all smell is not bad but it's very sharp and has a fruity cocktail vibe going on. Hopefully next time Calvin will step up and give the people what they really want.

What a fool I am!!!!

Yet another retraction of my original review...I have to blame a poor nose that day but this came across as boozy and repulsive on the card.
How wrong I was and how many times must I have a knee jerk reaction to the opening of a fragrance.
I was surprised to learn that the nose behind this fragrance was non other than Pierre Negrin the guy behind quite possibility the greatest triumph in male focused perfumery EVER!!! Of course I'm talking about Interlude by Amouage.
I thought I'd missed something even when I wrote the initial review all I can say is my nose must've been shot that day because the opening to encounter is fine and not overly anything!
It dries down to a really lovely and different scent which for me sets it apart from the usual bland designer rubbish...but only slightly so don't get carried away!
Sweet, but light a little reminiscent for a moment of Mont Blanc Individuel (despite not sharing common notes) but there's something to what I'm saying....honest!
This is not a full retraction because I don't love it
Furthermore, although this is woody and has odd composition, I don't really get a lot of Oud myself.

KellyGrant
KellyGrant

I bought this over the weekend at Marshall's on the discount cologne shelf. Got a large 3.4 oz for just under $30. It was entirely a blind buy. I bought it based only upon the overall ratings from reviewers on Fragrantica. I really like this fragrance! I do not have longevity problems like some people have noted. I used four sprays and it lasted all day on me. It is very clean, sexy, masculine smell. The comparisons to Cool Water (IMO) are not fair, as this is a class above. It is hard to pin down any certain note but the dry-down is fantastic! Smells like orange, brandy, citrus, luxury soap.

Overall: 8:10
Projection: 7:10 (spray 4-5 times!)
Sillage: 7:10
Price: 10:10

Have fun with this one! It's very safe to wear anywhere.

Barry Smith
Barry Smith

I'm willing to swap my bottle. 95% full. noc_rida@yahoo.com if interested.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Encounter by Calvin Klein: Wearable Orange Spice Schnapps.

johan00418
johan00418

Encounter is a good fragrance. When I use it, I can smell quickly the spicy and rum notes. I prefer to use it for meetings and conferences because is soft, gentle and I know that nobody can feel upset with it. The only problem with this is the longevity, I can smell it for 1 or 2 hours on my skin.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

Difficult to review something so strange, It opens very strong with mandarine fruit aroma, after seems soapy.,
But later on, it feels like weird fruty wooden mixture to end in a sweet scent.
Quite expensive for its quality.
By the way, it smells like Terre D'Hermes,

jotalopez
jotalopez

This is one of those fragrances you love or you hate it. Though it smells kinda cheap and generic, it has something that has caught my attention. The opening may be annoying to many as it smells like a sort of floor cleaner, however the drydown makes it a more warm and interesting scent. It has a prominent synthethic cognac-rum note which gives this stuff a strong character and a cetain notoriety.

Hate to hate...but this fragrance truly is awful.
Again...I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon, this is only my opinion and evidently peoples tastes vary massively but for the life of me I will never understand the attraction of overly boozy scents.
It's saving grace is the drydown if you can get past the initial unpleasentness it gets a little better...but not much.
I generally like CK fragrances across the board, this one might be a brave departure in perfumary terms but I'm really not feeling it.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I am shocked at how many people dislike this fragrance, I think it is a great scent!

It starts off with citrus and cardamom, which is nice but it's the warm, sweet and wood drydown which is absolutely beautiful.
Encounter is the first male fragrance I've loved enough to buy myself a bottle. I like to spray my wrists and occasionally I'll spray it on my clothes. It lasts around 3-4 hours on my skin.

Overall, an excellent fragrance that is soft, warm, sweet and subtly sexy. I highly recommend!

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

A fantastic scent that I honestly believe is getting a lot of flack simply because it's a Calvin Klein scent, and people go into it with negative expectations.

It opens with a smooth citrus and cardamom, flanked by a warm cognac note. A jasmine note with strong grape nuances emerges in the heart and almost becomes too strong and too sweet, it truly is a fairly intense jasmine sambac note, but just before it does so the soft but present oud and patchouli step in to balance it and keep it in check.

There is a clean/dirty musk that runs throughout the scent, and I have a feeling many people are anosmic to this, because this is the last note on my skin and it really does last a long time. Sillage is moderate, but longevity is 8+ hours on me. I can get faint whiffs of that final clean/dirty musk (given that the perfumer's are from Firmenich, I'm guessing it is a Firmenich captive musk) for up to 16 hours after application.

It also has a nice warm/cool balance with the cool florals and cool citrus balanced by the warm cognac and cardamom. It's a great scent to wear on a serene winter day.

Masculine, modern, and yet with some unique accords and depth. A seriously underrated scent that I have no problem putting in my top 30.

PS: One of the perfumers for this, Pierre Negrin, is the same guy who did the much loved Amouage Opus VI and Interlude Man.

Edit: One more thing. I too get a slight fecal dirty aspect to this scent. I think it's the indoles in the jasmine. I think it's pretty daring to use such a prominent jasmine in a modern masculine. This scent really deserves a lot more credit. Sniff it with an open mind and don't pre-hate! :)

PolloLoco21
PolloLoco21

I have this cologne and I just don't know why people give it bad reviews, it smells really good! I could understand it doesn't last as long as many other.colognes, but its pretty decent, it lasts about 5-7 hours on me and projects pretty well, its a good fragrance ll give it a 7/10

madgefan
madgefan

Smells like creamy lemonade to me. There's no lemon note listed but I'm a sucker for anything lemony.

dandan
dandan

I couldn't snell any of the notes. It's smell plastic. I remember for the classic Old Spice from the 90's. That one has exactly the same smell. It made the girls run and cry far from the boys changing room...
I like the bottle and the campaign, but its nothing, only a stock filler for the Calvin Klein shelf on the supermarkets.

manzoor86
manzoor86

i straight go to cardamom and citruses,
elegant and clean,
who loves light soft scents,its a gift for them,

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

This is somewhere in between D&G The One and A*men.

Examining the bottle while high on this juice, I imagined a guy laying in bed with a full blown hard-on. Has he a visit from an extraterrestrial goddess in his dream? Not surprised if even they want a piece of Skarsgard!

cadd
cadd

i got a sample. it's smells like remedy.

Gault
Gault

Encounter? More like Hangover to me.

Starts very heavy and rough, the opening is indeed the 80's very masculine cold weather fragrance style, smokey-sour patchouli darkness.
Later this becomes much more tolerable, sweetens up, becomes much lighter and some fruits appear, the boozy notes transform into a lingering caramel and coffee-like(grounds) aroma, but not that much it should be considered gourmand. Like morning breath after a strong coffee and an even stronger night out, much like which ended up in the toilet, Encountering the drinks consumed during the night once again.
I also feel just a minor fecal undertone in it, probably from the jasmine, this and the caramellish/coffee-like notes remind me of A*men a bit, but not a close similarity.
Probably the main idea was -apart from the exploitation of the oud madness- to make a similar fragrance to YSL's La nuit which is as well a cardamom heavy night fragrance with some fruity tones. It wasnt a success in my opinion, the composition is cloying and the quality is very far from A*men's or La Nuit's. The longevity is around 6-7 hours on my skin and the projection is slightly below moderate. The smell of sillage is actually better than what you can find close on your skin.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Smells like YSL Jazz, but Jazz is far more fougere than Encounter.

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

Love the smell, but its sooo cheap. Last maybe 30 min. Wouldnt buy and when I do wear it, I use 9 sprays!

drakecito
drakecito

Light, synthetic, cheap....
Oud ?? Seriously ??
CK, is this a joke??

Sillage: 2/10

zoebo1403
zoebo1403

No idea about the fragrance, but Alex is the yummiest eye candy in the world....

Lom
Lom

I tried this perfume only once. I think the bottle is beautiful and so are the commercials. but the fragrance is very boring, flat, commercial and cheap. why make such a perfume? I think it can only be good for teenagers, for their first encounter with a fragrance

stardust808
stardust808

so much negative feedback on this...such a shame as this is my FAVORITE men's cologne. i am FAR more finicky and critical of mens fragrances than i am of womens bcuz most mens colognes i can taste and they torture my sinuses! this scent is wonderful & not only did i buy it for my man (now ex lol) but i actually own it for me...and yes, i wear it. it does last, it does project but it is subtle not a powerhouse. the trick with this fragrance is to layer it with the body spray-then you're golden =) this has a green edge with a slight sweetness that on a man (as intended) is sexy & can also be played off by a woman like me who doesn't care what anyone else thinks or abt putting genders on fumes. i just want to bask in it regardless of who it's marketed towards. try layering this like i said and i'm sure any longevity and sillage problems will be solved.

ularewolf
ularewolf

When first sprayed, one is indulged heavily into the boozy quality of this fragrance. For me, I smell the orange mixing with the rum and cognac for the first few minutes. About a half hour in, you'll be smelling the same oud/semi-sweet musk for the duration of the fragrance.

Someone mentioned about "cheap deodorant", I won't lie, it does have a deodorant smell about it, but in a good way; I think it might be something from my childhood but it is recognizable to my nose from when I was a kid. I actually love the scent, however here comes the bad.

The longevity is unfortunately not good. I base this around my time at work and it really isn't the frag you wanna use while out for many hours-- It will die far before you can reapply (unless you have a small atomizer filled with it at your side at all times).

That said, I did wear this when I bought it on a trip, and if I'm just lounging around, the base can actually stick with you for many hours. I feel though if you have any perspiration while wearing this, it will die off quick.

I'm not too aware of the projection but will assume that it isn't very strong, if even average.

Presentation: 7/10- I like the bottle personally and think it has a nice shape/color scheme to it. I do believe it matches the smell of the fragrance quite well.

Smell: 9/10- I honestly love the scent. Like I said earlier it's probably subconscious nostalgia somewhere when I was a kid but this scent sticks to me. Is it unique? I'm sure it isn't. But it has the right notes to me that give it a special character anyway.

Longevity: 5/10- Depending on what you're doing while wearing this scent, the longevity can vary greatly. But in a regular outing with this, it won't last a great amount. Maybe 2-3 hours max before you'll feel the need to reapply.

Projection: 5/10- It's hard to say the projection is just as low but considering it seems to get skin-close pretty fast as I smell it on myself, it should be safe to assume the projection isn't great.

Versatility: 6/10- This can be used in a date setting, lounging around the house or going out for an hour or so. If you want a very close scent while at your job, this can work. But if you are looking to grab compliments from people, expect them to have to bury their face into your clothing to actually smell it.

Final Score: 6.4/10- I really do love the scent, but the longevity and projection hold it back from greatness. If you though are looking for a great scent that is light in those terms, then give this a try. I am glad to have this in my collection and I will find uses for it.

Well my husband didn't care for it, it is a tad sweet ,a tad spicy but overall generic. I think it isn't very sophisticated so young guys should enjoy this.
In my view it is just ok., I couldn't distinguish it from lots of scents out there. It is trying to be what it can't be. An elegant mature scent.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

CK Encounter is a typical oriental perfume and a little diferent from the commercial and it´s a good new Calvin Klein is evolving with their perfume as the CK One Shock.
With a spicy vibe medium fruity also slightly alcoholic Encounter doesn´t impact but like the smell is the famous'' I liked but not loved something is missing''
A chord intense fruity and spicy with cardamom and mandarin which persists until the body which gives a light heat with something alcoholic and sweet pepper, this note should be brandy or rum but you see do not get carried away these notes are well discrete taking the opening.
Base for cedar wood, oud? I felt really has something but far from what comes in other scents that work with this brilliant wood. Yes very nice!

globalscene

I agree , quite similar to 1 million but this definately has a niche to it.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Got a tester of this. I don't like the initial spray, but the drydown is amazing. Very very similar (imo) to 1 Million. Wish it was stronger and lasted longer.

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

I tested this E.d.t at Ck department together with my friends. Few moment's later we were asking each other "Can you smell anything???..." or "Where is it gone?..." Dear Calvin Klein! Why to create fragrances without any dry-down?... It's not a dry-down, it's a complete gone-down! We don't want to pay back only your advertising expenses , we want to purchase good colognes!

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

I like the initial spray scent. Very manly to me. Age is 20+. Drydown is very quick. Woody, warm, alcoholic, and sweet. :)

jozemo
jozemo

Pulled the trigger on a travel size bottle of this nicely blended juice, was not impressed with the initial spray on at first,but have to wait for the final drydown to appreciate this subtle woodsy,powdery scent to kick in,a nice change of pace for the C.K. line...kind of on the grown man tip.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

I came across this one in a shop when looking for something else, and figured I'd get a sample for my man.

My husband tried it... and honestly I had trouble staying off of him. It's light and seductive. You can smell the rum, but it's balanced by suble earthy tones. It hits your senses in all the right areas. No it's not an overpowering cologne, it's more like a soft wisper that leaves you craving more. As far as longevity, it's not bad... he used it on his shirt and his skin. And guys it only took two sprays. I could still smell it on him when we got home that night, which was a good 12 hours later.

Definetly sample before you buy it, but isn't that usually the case? As for us, it's definetly going to be a future buy :o)

d04m022011
d04m022011

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING. SEEMS NOT CONTAIN THESE NOTES DESCRIBED. NOT HAVE OUD. JUST GIVE NOTICE FOR A MIXTURE OF RUM AND BRANDY. NOT BAD, BUT NOT HAVE ANYTHING SPECIAL. NOT WORTH THE PRICE. ACTUALLY MAKES NO NOTHING UNIQUE, IS COMMON AND JUST NICE. UNNECESSARY, MONEY THROWN OUT. WHAT WAS CALVIN KLEIN? THIS PERFUME IS A LIE TO EARN MONEY.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Meh. Generic. Doesn't make much of an impression on me.

-------

Second wearing: I watched the two minute promotional video. (It looks like the girl lives in a James Bond villain bunkered headquarters.) So. What sort of a scent do you suppose accompanies this video? Well, I'll tell you: a completely generic, wishy-washy one. It goes on rather nice, with a barely detectable orange and rum scent, and then quickly resolves to the briefest of woody notes, then... nothing. What a disappointment! When will perfume houses figure out that people tire of spraying $100/bottle perfumer's alcohol on themselves?

darrenshiver
darrenshiver

Encounter is a powdery fresh mix of woods and cognac. It offers a light yet mysterious scent that is pleasent but not overpowering. Try mixing it with Summer Night by Canali for stronger night time projection.

RES2525
RES2525

I don't believe this fragrance has gotten a fair enough shake. Does it smell derivative? Yes. In fact, it shares similarities to everything from L'Nuit to Armani Code, to Burberry Brit. It's something of a hodgepoge and I actually like that. It's as though you got a dab of L'Homme, a dab of Brit, and bit of this and that. It's enough for Encounter to stand on its own. If you like any of the above fragrances I'd strongly recommend you try this at least at the counter or by sample.

The real problem is projection and longevity. The fragrance is on the subtle side and a few sprays won't amount to much from the start, much less a few hours in. I found that if you put 8-12 sprays all over, including shirt, you get solid longevity out of this. I hate having to 'waste' so much but the downside of the fragrances nature becomes a boon because you can get away with that method and not hurt anyone. At that level of application the projection manages to at least be noticeable within arms length, yet last all day long. Sometimes that's all I want from a fragrance such as a first date, interview, or any situation you want to smell very nice but don't dare reach for the Kouros or Le Male.

I had very low expectations the moment I swapped for the fragrance. But I admit I am pleasantly surprised by how good this stuff smells. A little of this and a little of that. All of which are some of my favorite fragrances all their own.

Definitely give this a try, apply heavily, and reserve judgment. A great, great smell with weak legs.

valvulado
valvulado

Good frag. Poor longevity, soft projection. C'mon CK, it's time to improve longevity and sillage of your fragrances!

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

Hot and warm...the top notes are really hot..RUM..totally blown by this one..yes projection is enormous..3 sprays and yes..it stayed on my skin for more than 8 hours..well i cannot write like a poet writing a review..but yes this is hot, warm and long lastinh..and yes bloody good fragrance..thums up from my end.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is CK obsession 2013 edition, warmth and sensual, winter/ dinner frag, do not mistaken this as a casual scent. This mix badly with my sweat and it turn to mess, be careful. Longevity is fine, projection is great. In short it smell like a warmth baby talc, does not evolve much, which is very a flat type of scent, not worth at the price tag. Sorry guys, 5/10.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

I'm going to get some. The other day I was with a friend. He was wearing Encounter. I had never smelled it before. I commented twice that he smelled SO GOOD! He told me it was Encounter. Gotta get some, and I hope it works on my skin as well as it does on his.

March 2013: Bought some. I purchased the body spray, and at only $15 a bottle, it's much cheaper, and it smells just as good, and lasts all day, too.

PhillymanDan
PhillymanDan

Received a nice size sample of this at Macy's when I purchased a bottle of Chanel Platinum and I must say this smells pretty good to me. It has some nice accords that I don't usually smell in other colognes, definitely not generic smelling. Has a nice oak whiskey barrel note that is very nice and some spiciness underneath... Has that boozy vibe in the opening, but that diminishes as the alcohol burns off. Projects well for a few hours, but after 5 hours its pretty much gone and just very close to the skin. It is also pretty linear, which is ok with me if the overall scent is nice. Would buy this one but the moderate longevity puts me off somewhat because I like workhorse fragrances that will give me a solid 8+ hours.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I recently purchased Encounter and can honestly say that there is nothing wrong with this fragrance...This cologne has depth and style while not being to overpowering..2012 wasnt the greatest year for fragrance releases and I think CK Encounter in an unfortunate way reinforces this..

CtrlKML
CtrlKML

It's a classic CK....Bad, Bad & Bad.

5h1f7y
5h1f7y

There are too many trolls on this website that lack any form of justification as to why it's apparently a bad smell. If anyone is actually considering to buy this cologne, I would definitely recommend doing so as it's very masculine and unique.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Smells a bit soapy and going by the ingredients I thought it would smell more interesting than this. Still, it will do well and it is sort of nice enough...

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

It got a hint of Euphoria for men in it

beatrix75
beatrix75

This one gone be my husbend present for christmas ,its so sexy male fragrance best men fragrance after cool wather ofcourse.

Jienzzeric
Jienzzeric

CK is the type of fragrance that has to be smell common and easy to accept, and thats why its always smell familiar and about the same.
CK's fragrance is the type that is for everyone, and it may not be your favorite but you wont hate it.
As for me CK still my favourite, and always love it.

Calvin Klein Encounter, a lil seductive, lil man, lil young, lil matured, mix and matches well.... can use it on any occasion which is important if u juz own one perfume.

Other thn Eternity, I do hope CK can try to make edp for men, cuz lasting power is abit poor if compare wif some of the competitive brand's.... =)

stayclose
stayclose

I like the bottle. Its very attractive but that's about it. To me it starts out sweet like your typical oriental wood. I could say I smelled some off the top notes, the cardamon, tangerine, booze, well into the heart which all blended well and smell great.

but they faded quickly and thats too bad because 30 min into this frag was the best part for me, a lil boozy a lil sweet a lil flowers all very nice You can actually smell ck's style in this, but then the cardamon started overpowering the rest of the show.

I am not a fan of cardamom maybe that's why I thought this was just okay. Oud? Well I am not sure what it smells like but if there is any in this its probably right before it gets to the cardamom.

In my opinion this is a miss for ck since its best part for me faded too quickly and rest was not for me. I think its similar to the one by d&g. I would rate this scent a 2/5.

Sh1rlG1rl
Sh1rlG1rl

Upon entering my favorite drugstore this afternoon, greeting me was a large display of the newest perfumes. Of course I had to stop and smell the 'roses.'. I am right handed so automatically started with the 1st perfume closest to my hand and height (I am 5'11" in heels). Just happened to be Calvin Klein's new frag ENCOUNTER. Didn't even glance at what else was displayed.
So I went thru my routine of 1st spraying a business type cardboard sample, give the liquid a moment to settle and then close my eyes and take a deep sniff. I then determine if the scent can proceed to my wrist if I am to take it for a test run (unless I can get a sample to take home). Yes, I am aware that a Parfum needs the time to develop on my skin before my final judgement so this is just an indication if this is going to sit well on my drive home. ENCOUNTER swiftly made it to my wrist. As I start to inhale this sexy scent, I look at the rest of the shelves guests and it is at this moment that I realize that this is supposedly a man's fragrance, although it is not indicated on the bottle or box. Well played Calvin Klein!
I decide if a scent is for me; not the gender indicated on the bottle. My body chemistry is the last ingredient added to any perfume I wear, so the result is my own personal creation. ENCOUNTER + ME = SLY SEDUCTION. How? I borrowed an existing 'male scent', already created to please a man's olfactory sense, and secretly entwined it with my essence. You will never really know what hit you.

carmelocotton

En la tienda me parecio otra cosa incluso me olio bien y la vendedora me aconsejo luego en casa por mas que me echo no consigo oler a nada. Sera distinto el liquido del probador al frasco que compre?

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

Not much to write about this really, it's not bad, just very forgettable and very average. I don't like this or dislike it, when I wore it it was just kind of there, I didn't enjoy it, it just existed. If you're looking to buy a fragrance just don't bother with this unless you're just looking to be ordinary and blend in. It just smells like hundreds of other bog standard fragrances.

nimo88
nimo88

اشتممته بالأمس
عطر راقى ورائع للغاية
وضعته فى خطة مشترياتى

Grottola
Grottola

Not sure why people hate this so much. It's not too unique, but it's one of the better oud fragrances I've tried.

Listen, guys - I've tried just about the entire Amouage line, vintage M7, and a plethora of other oud-heavy woody orientals and I can say with confidence that Encounter is half-decent. No, it's not very interesting, but it's definitely the best masculine Calvin Klein has put out since Truth.

Solid designer masculine. I dunno if I'd buy it, but you can do a helluva lot worse than this one.

carmelocotton

La probe en la tienda en mi piel y me parecio un olor diferente y la compre, despues de varios dias de probarla e llegado a la conclusion que no me gusta en olor de fondo que deja en mi piel.

bronstein
bronstein

A new fragrance by CK is still reason enough for me to go out and check it out, but again, just as with the mediocre "Free", it's a disappointment. It starts out like chewing gum and then evolves into a standard scent that you wouldn't recognise if you weren't already aware of what it is.

Senzadite
Senzadite

One of the worst fragrances that Calvin klein has ever come up with, just think of the cheapest Jordache Obsession imitation cologne for $1.00 dll. bottle gone wrong in the sun...voilá there you have Encounter.

happytime
happytime

This is very musculine and elegant oriental woody fragrance,its not meant to be vulger or overpowering,the key behind this blend is its softness which is pronounced by the wearer and the people surrounding him.

Its sensual and oriental with hints of pepper and cardamom blended in an excellent and unique way,the longevity isn't poor but its more like a skin scent,sillage is above average and the perfume is a lady killer like all of ck sents except ck free.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

ترکیبات خالص یک مرد را همچون رایحه انواع چوب سخت وجذاب را برای شنوندها گوش زد میکند که بدانیم که این مرد فریبنده آرام از کنارمان می گذرد ویادش برای دیگران خاطره انگیز میشود پس چگونه میشود احساس او را فراموش کرد همچون شمیم افسونگری را؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

parfemđija
parfemđija

Interesting scent, i get woody and warm feeling. everyday scent, for casual wear, best for fall and winter, but i don't get it, why is it so soft, after half an hour it starts to be close skin scent. after one hour he almost disappear???? wtf klein?

scent - 7/10
longevity - 2/10
sillage - what is that? :D

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

I tried this fragrance in the airport. i can smelt oud and citris. but in a very cheap way...the cap is also plastic...dont like Calvin Klein's recent years product. just endless flankers..

Zenith
Zenith

No oud, no rum, no cognac, no patchouli.... In fact I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be smelling here. I was thoroughly excited to smell this one, but unfortunately I have been let down by my own expectations. cK can make great fragrances like Obsession for men and the more recent Shock I like, but this one just isn't very exciting

henrikahlm
henrikahlm

What a nice masculine , soft, woody fragrance!
Masculine
Woody
Spicy
Warm
Sexy

// 2 thumbs up, Calvin!

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Encounter is a simple, good men's fragrance.

Its not great, but its definitely not bad.

Clean.
Warm.
Musk.
Sophisticated.
Edgy.
Masculine.
Sharp.

All in one.

I spray it before class because its not too strong or overwhelming. Unfortunately its not a scent that lasts too long and in between classes I do like to re-spritz.

I do love the bottle design & the scent name. Very intriguing and mysterious. However, the scent is just your typical good-smelling cologne.

EDIT: I own this now, and it smells AMAZING!!!!!! Warm & spicy, yet fresh & cool......its great.

antonpan
antonpan

Personally I do like Encounter. It has big problems with sillage and longevity, but it is quite unique at the same time - I never smelled such combination of notes before. It starts off strangely, a bit dirty I should say. Maybe that's a cognac accord? Then the fragrance becomes milder and sweeter and in the dry down Encounter smells like a chewing gum with some woody spicy elements.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

I finally sampled it today, and when I came to this page to leave a review, the banner ad I saw was for Glade Plugins. Before today, I would have considered that ironic.

kl99
kl99

It's dark, it's sensual, it's deep, it's 80s style.. but if you want to seduce with it, must be an "encounter" very fast, as this scent disappears as fast as a refuse!

We'll wait the inevitable: extreme, concentree, extrait or parfum version.

xhost
xhost

Got a sample yesterday. Was quite excited about it. Turned out to be another wierdo - encounters - so to speak. Sprayed it on my wrist, after an hour it smells like CH Sport - only CH is much better - with a bit more accent. I'm sure a lot of dull ladies would tag this as "so many and delicious", truth be told, I would have better options in that regard. My only favorite from CK remains the euphoria intense (against all odds and for some reason I still can't determine).

Energi
Energi

I thought I liked this cologne when I smelled it in Macy's. Got this for a birthday gift. It...just...not...right. After a few hours, it smells like a drunk bum with cologne on. I guess that's the boozy smell people are speaking about. This is definitely not for me.

judyk
judyk

I received a free sample of CK Encounter the other day and, as hubby is a 'fumophobe, I decided "waste not, want not"...

And I love it on me! I don't get any of the boozy notes. Just sweet citrus and green cedar to begin with, settling quickly into a general soft fruitiness with a touch of pepper, a bit of patchouli roughness and maybe, maybe, some oud lingering in the background.

It immediately reminded me of Chanel Chance, but Chance is spicier and stronger! Sorry CK - Encounter is lovely but very weak. How about rolling out an Encounter Intense? ;-)

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

It starts off quite boozy and spicy. I prefer the dry down which on me has a strong woody and peppery scent which I like in this. Light muskiness at the end with like an incense stick smell.
I got pretty good longevity out of my sample and I would consider buying a small bottle (cheaply) online. It's not ground breaking just "ok" to me.

I managed to win a bottle on Ebay for £12 so I am very happy :)

funnyboy
funnyboy

Smells identical to an Indian incense stick I have.
Bought them in Goa in january as there was a Guy walking up and down the beach with a burning stick and the fragrance was terrific.
Of course I bought a supply and they are a little strong for indoors!.
I see Encounter as an evening fragrance and after the initial hour the oud,pepper and a few flowery notes are in evidence.If you test this I think the initial blast is quite offputting but it mellows nicely.It could even be unisex .If ladies like a spicy fragrance such as magie noir,paloma picasso ,opium or bakir they could get away with this.
The longevity is perfect for me and projection is satisfactory.Generally I cant see why people write off Calvin Klein fragrances as I always have compliments when wearing their offerings.
Encounter is different.A good choice for the coming Autumn and winter.
In my opinion a good 8 out of 10.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Smells like Vodka and any generic drugstore cologne. Incredibly cheap and synthetic, anyone who likes this, I honestly question your sanity, yes its that bad.

mse-21
mse-21

Tried this on my skin today. Its a very well blended woody and aromatic scent and I'm actually a little surprised to see it being classified as woody oriental in here. I guess the presence of Rum, Cognac, and Cardamom makes this an aromatic scent to my nose.

It starts with fresh, crispy and boozy accords and settles to a nice scent which leaves an overall impression of a woody-aromatic scent (& maybe a little bit shampoo-i?) The oud accord is there, and is beautifully wrapped in the whole composition. It's a little synthetic and even cheap but still a lot better than most of main stream scents that I recently tried. Honestly I may even purchase it for my wardrobe!

Good longevity and moderate projection. Overall: 5.5 out of 10.

GuyGuess
GuyGuess

I love most Calvin Klein fragrances but "Encounter" is actually a flop! The fragrance starts off very nice and smells fantastic but unfortunately it does not last. I had to reapply after about 2 hours. The price point of $72 for the larger bottle is a bit steep as well. This one rates right up there with CK Free in longevity, or actually the lack of longevity!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Encounter does really smell of Oud, too bad that it was mixed with a cheap woody deodorant smell. It's Axe Oud.

90hou
90hou

I just got 30ml one. the bottle is nice,yes, it has Oud in it. Not bad.

armaniboy
armaniboy

I seriously have no idea which one is worse...The fragrance? the thriller like, tacky short film-commercial? the bottle??? This is a cheap medicinal concoction-all money went to the advertising campaign, oh yes and the huge amounts of precious oud wood.Seriously OUD wood???? unbelievably unbelievable fragrance.Oh and give us guys a break with all this grrrroar, unapologetic masculinity.Alpha male stupidity. Have manners and respect.Enough preconceived images, stereotypes. feel free. go get CK free instead...nahh just kidding.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Chanced upon this latest offering from the house of a thousand flankers and the first thing that hit me was the awfully cheap looking bottle! CK as a label should at least try to design a flanker that looks the part. The fragrance was ok, but nothing more, maybe I'm a bit overindulged by various niche offerings that I often seek out, it feels like CK has been going through the motions for years in terms of their male fragrance output, with more effort put into producing endless spin-offs and so-so offerings. Despite how it may appear, I don't have a major downer on the CK label, rather it is very disappointing that the house that brought into existence 2 of my favourite fragrances (Obsession ph and Obsession Night ph) can churn out so many insubstantial offerings.

ssyed1
ssyed1

Went to two different Macy's for the last two days just so I could test this out. Here's what I think

Scent: The rum and cognac were all I could smell for the first 10 or so minutes, but they smelled damn good. After the first 10 minutes, I could sense the mandarin orange (not bad) and the oud (nice!). This part of the scent was very elegant and sexy. At its base, though, all I could smell was a sweetish musk (kinda boring) and there was a substantial lack of complexity.

Projection: Didn't really get a feel for it (I was in the cologne section of the Macy's and so my scent was being drowned out)

Longevity: Garbage - i got maybe 2 or 3 hours the first day and only about 2 hours the second day. I'm hoping it's just because my body chemistry was off or the weather was whack

Overall: I'm disappointed because I was REALLY looking forward to this one. The scent was a little underwhelming (not bad since the initial blast is great, it's just that the dry down is lame) and the longevity was poor. I'm going to retry this guy once it becomes more ubiquitous and see if my perception changes.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I smelled this yesterday at Macy's. Of course "they didn't get any samples", so couldn't take one home, and my hubby already was wearing TdH, so trying it on would have been a disaster. On the card, it smells very good. I didn't know it had oud in it, and I believe it's the first frag I've ever smelled that does have it. I'm not sure what oud smells like. I can say that it smelled completely different from any other CK I've smelled, so maybe that is the oud. Either way, I liked it on the card very much, and will probably buy it for my hubby. It did seem like it's fairly strong, but that was on paper.....who knows on skin. Will try to get a sample.

stockers
stockers

Hope longevity is good...otherwise it might be a Brief Encounter. Sorry.

jonr951

Smelled this in Details magazine. I'm sure hoping the scent strip isn't doing this one justice because it smelled like a been there, done that, fresh yet woody scent. I of course have to spray it on but so far, not so good. Come on CK and Skarsgard!

ryguy17
ryguy17

i tried it yesterday.. it smells very.. feminine

neto_sa20
neto_sa20

I'm so excited about this fragrance!!! Ck with the best notes I've ever seen so far ... :D
i will get my bottle tomorrow .. so I can give you my opnion on it :P

@jon...true

Gabss
Gabss

this fragnance will be very nice.... coz of notes.......

murysusanto
murysusanto

I'm sure I will get this one, I won't buy any more of CK stuff for now, so let's just wait until this one arrives at the store. I have too many and keep coming in so unless this one is really worth to have I'm not interested to test the others.

Keep finger crossed

cassio
cassio

Hahaha, Encounter 2012, Encounter Sport 2013, Encounter Night 2014, Encounter Summer....and there they keep inventing new variations to suddenly discontinue the good ones.

junior halston
junior halston

Let's hope it not a light scent that they need to launch an Intense Encounter....lol

lerg1973
lerg1973

Need a Encounter on the rocks with coke ......

freepharmacist
freepharmacist

what is the Idea behind this new perfume?Is the formula rational

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

Calvin Klein, king of the one name fragrances.

pomdgf
pomdgf

Hello ! I'm drunk. Cognac and rum sound interesting and pretty cool and I'm not sure that jasmine is the king or queen of this perfume. Can't wait !

MrMookie
MrMookie

Rum cognac and oud its the year of oud agarwood for sure, oud abosolut, immortel oud , extreme oud , pure oud....sounds like a bykilian clone on paper, and every scent noeadays is with oud!! We will see ... Sure gonna sniff this

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

Horay for the fact that it isnt a flanker!

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

I cant waiiiiiiittttt, this fragrance seems to be promising, it probably gonna be the best men fragrance of 2012

marcello19
marcello19

The most prominent male fragrance so far in 2012. Let's hope CK won't let us down.

jonr951

I haven't LOVED a cologne from Calvin Klein in quite some time so I'm hoping Encounter is a different story. It sounds pretty great so I'm really looking forward to it. And Skarsgard is the face of it! Oh yeck yes it's going to be great! : )

Encounter by Calvin Klein 3.12 out of 5 based on 406 ratings and 125 user reviews

Aftershave 3.4oz
Encounter by Calvin Klein for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Encounter Cologne by Calvin Klein - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Encounter Cologne by Calvin Klein - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.3oz
Encounter Gift Set by Calvin Klein Gift Set for Men Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Encounter by Calvin Klein for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Encounter by Calvin Klein for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Encounter Cologne by Calvin Klein - -- Gift Set - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
37.50 GBP
Calvin Klein Encounter Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein 'Encounter' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Calvin Klein 'Encounter' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Zappos.com
Calvin Klein - Encounter by Calvin Klein Eau de Toilette 1.7 oz Spray N A - Beauty
Calvin Klein Encounter Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Calvin Klein Encounter 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Calvin Klein Encounter 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Zappos.com
Calvin Klein - Encounter by Calvin Klein Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz Spray N A - Beauty
Gift Set 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Encounter Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Deodorant Stick 75g 2.6oz 2pcs
Gift Set
Calvin Klein - Encounter Gift Set N A - Beauty
Calvin Klein - Encounter Gift Set N A - Beauty
Gift Set
Calvin Klein - Encounter Gift Set No Color - Beauty
Calvin Klein - Encounter Gift Set No Color - Beauty
Gift Set 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Encounter Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.4oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.6oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Encounter fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Encounter, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encounter by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encounter by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.