Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Encounter Fresh Calvin Klein for men
dislike

rum
Encounter Fresh Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Encounter Fresh by Calvin Klein is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Encounter Fresh was launched in 2013. Top notes are bergamot and mojito; middle notes are cardamom, rum and lavender; base notes are labdanum, patchouli and sandalwood.

Bergamot Mojito

Cardamom Rum Lavender

Labdanum Patchouli Sandalwood

Encounter

Encounter Fresh Fragrance Reviews

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

They nailed "interesting daytime" at a mass market price point right. Billowy citrus (à la Dior Homme Sport) that dries down to oud. Not a thick or deep fragrance, but a find for those who want to stand apart but meet all types throughout the day.

sf2explus
sf2explus

If you want a more synthetic version and alower quality version of guerlain homme be my guest. Even though this projects slightly better it doesn't last as long on skin since the quality of oiler amount used is def less. and the blending of ingredients is nowhere near guerlain home.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I agree with Antonpan all the way here. Its like Guerlain Homme but done on a lower budget, and ironically, the longevity and projection are much better than the latter. You will notice that the fragrance is synthetic, but its not unpleasant - just not very natural. However, I do enjoy the moderate sillage and persistence of this casual, warm-weather, masculine fragrance by CK. I would recommend this over the original Encounter as its performance is superior. They both have their place if you acutally enjoy their aroma (which I do but don't love). In a nut shell, this is a citrus fragrance with a mojito/sweet mint accord followed by lots of generic woodsy notes. The mint and wood persist for 6-8hr.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I have to say that I was completely jazzed when I heard this was going to be released, especially given the fact that I'm a fan of the original, minus it's lack of longevity.. This was supposed to have been released in June of 2013, but didn't start appearing until September on eBay at a substantial discount ( I got my 3;4 bottle brand new boxed for $38).

I'm quite fond of the bright citrus top notes because the fact of the matter is that you cannot go wrong with bergamot. After it starts to dry down, you will start to smell the similarities it has with the original Encounter, minus the oud notes obviously. Not 100% clear on how others can't smell the similarities.

I haven't had this long enough to comment on longevity, but if you've been in the game for any time at all, you know that summer citrus based scents don't last at all, so brace yourself for that very real possibility.

Gault
Gault

Its quite unique fragrance, because no one else has ever tried to make a citrus frag that BURNS YOUR NOSE.

When the pungent smell of citric acid finished the olfactory attack and left your nose almost numb, you can detect its very similar to the original but lighter and brighter, the very same airy cardamom smell lingers here too. Mojito? I dont think so, try Guerlain Homme Intense if you want a mojito scent.

It has its disadvantages but ok scent after the head notes.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This one got nothing similar to the original Encounter. This smell much "fresher" with the dash of lime citrus at the beginning and the rest is very weak notes of floral with some mild wood based. Longevity is very weak, 2 hours max and it only give you dash of "freshness", Projection is nothing but stay closed to your skin.

CK should stop doing all the "weak" or "summer" flanker and come out with something more classic like the CK Truth. Sorry guys, this is totally one of the worst flanker CK has for years, 2/10 from me. Anyone agree with me?

CDGfan
CDGfan

I am not impressed with the Encounter line, its just too weak, too boring.

antonpan
antonpan

Encounter Fresh is a well-made adition to a rather underrated Encounter range. I like the Fresh version, it brings something contemporary to the enldess theme of modern aquatics. The mood of Encounter Fresh is close to the mood of Dior Homme Sport 2008: a lot of acid & bitter citruses with something distinctive inside. Furthermore, Encounter Fresh is the smell of lemon peels with a mojito background. The sillage is great, the longevity is average.

By the way, I haven't noticed a connection between this one and the regular Encounter.

AScent
AScent

I thought the original was ok, but this one is just plain boring. A little DNA from the original in the base, but with a bland synthetic "fresh" opening. There's a candy-like sweetness to it as well, perhaps the Mojito accord, (even though it doesn't smell like a Mojito at all). A big thumbs down from me.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

looks nicer and sexier than the original one! nice CK!

Encounter Fresh by Calvin Klein 3.49 out of 5 based on 51 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Encounter Fresh fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Encounter Fresh, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encounter Fresh by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encounter Fresh by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.