Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Eternity Calvin Klein for women

Eternity Calvin Klein for women Videos
Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Eternity is another very successful fragrance of Calvin Klein, which was designed as a tribute to his marriage. Eternity is a hymn of eternal values: love, family and peace.

The composition opens with fresh citrus and green notes, that is followed by the note of violet and lily-of-the-valley. The note of carnation with its spiciness gives the floral heart slightly peppery accord. The final notes are gentle with powdery heliotrope, pink sandalwood and transparent musky notes.
The perfume was created by Sophia Grojsman 1988.

Citruses Green Notes Mandarin Orange Freesia Sage

Lily Carnation Violet Jasmine Marigold Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Heliotrope

Sun Moon Stars
Futurity
Eternity 25th Anniversary Edition for Women
Sexual
Caron Piu Bellodgia (2013)

Eternity Fragrance Reviews

georgequeue
georgequeue

This fragrance can be described in one word: WONDERFUL!!!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Today I sprayed it and I suddenly sensed a beautiful scent of a flower shop - for the first time in my life! Before, I sometimes smelled a mountain brook on a cold and sunny summer morning. Usually however I can smell fresh soap (for me "soap" means something extremely positive in reference to perfumes). Upon entering my local clinic recently I got so many compliments, both from the ladies at the reception desk and the doctor - it was a very nice surprise, as this perfume seems outdated and undervalued as too "washing-powder like"... It's still amazing and I'm glad it's much cheaper than it used to be, with the same quality as in the past!:)

Togiii
Togiii

I was curious about this perfume because many people liked it. After testing a sample, I didn't really understand what the hype was about. Maybe it was my chemistry. On me, it is almost a watery scent with no distinct features.

Venusia
Venusia

Wonderful complete scent! Clean fresh cut fine flowers (fresia, a bit of lily, carnation, marygold) on a subtle classical sandalwood-amber base with great longevity and pure sophistication. I love it and I'll always repurchase it!

grrrly
grrrly

I do like this scent, it's certainly not my favourite perfume but it's one I tend to use on work days when I can't decide what to wear. Sprayed on lightly it's a very pretty and inoffensive floral and it fades down nicely. Absolutely dreadful if you use too much. I suppose due to it's popularity and the fact that it is very cheap, it's one of those fragrances that a lot of women like to bathe themselves in, really not good.

AdrianaCatLover
AdrianaCatLover

This smells exactly like Nivea creme to me. Identical

KleineLeopardin
KleineLeopardin

Sometimes when in a perfume shop, I try this and hope to like it, because the idea of the scent, of clean, timeless, romantic flowers, somehow appeals to me... but it never happens. I wish I could learn to love this scent, but it seems like it just won't work. On my, it feels too harsh, to green, to sour - just not delicate enough, more like concentrated cleaning stuff. But I hope that some day, this could change from dislike to love and I could become friends with "Eternity", like it has happened with some of my other favourite perfumes in the past.

jake.shouse

Smells good but i felt like i was wearing Talc than perfume! Gave it too my mom she loves it i just like it i love powdery smells such as Cashmere mist ECT but this way too much powder! Still lovely on my mom!

dianacreole
dianacreole

This is a special scent for me. It was my signature scent for close to 7 years back in the 90s. I smelled it yesterday at the drug store and I am immediately comforted. Its so unique and so hard to describe. I tried Eternity Aqua as I wanted to smell modern with the Eternity base that I love so much, but found I was disappointed. Eternity is one of a kind. I don't wish to wear it anymore, but I love to smell it.

iow-pam
iow-pam

I bought this as a sample bottle along with two other Calvin Kleins. This is the first one I have tried. When I first put this on it smells peppery and rather like cloves! I guess that's the carnation. The dry down is a slightly more pleasant peppery floral, but not very strong on me. Possibly a spray might have more effect, rather than dabs from a mini bottle.

bethqueenofdarkness
bethqueenofdarkness

I have this. it is old and still smells good brought when I worked at sea back in the 90's and now i have used it all. A bit too floral for me.

silsilg2
silsilg2

This perfume is very special to me. It is unique and inimitable. The night I met my husband I was wearing this perfume. I also use the night of my wedding. Then for many years I had not but 3 years ago my husband gave me a Mother's Day and every time I wear it, the recognized instantly and keeps telling me he loves even after 20 years. Eternity is a fragrance that opens with strong notes of white flowers, very hard on the skin and after many hours notes that the fragrance is still there, exuding that sense of cool, sweet, seduction has only Eternity.

hohohosan
hohohosan

It is a very strong flowery+spicy perfume, but not a night time scent. A part of me like it, but i guess it is a little bit too strong. I mean, when i sniff it, i said 'it is beautiful', but if I apply it on me, I'm sure that i will be nauseated. Maybe a nice scent for 35+.This one is very hard to make comment for me!

PS:The longevity is perfect.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Opens up spicy, green and bitter but gets softer and fresher as it warms up to your skin creating an aura of clean and earthy, almost moist greenness. Eternity is a sophisticated, expensive smelling green scent. It is deep, woodsy, cold and austere. Something that evokes confidence. The citrus notes are subtle but add the necessary zing which keeps it from smelling too vegetal. However, people might find it unpleasant if used excessively since it is an extremely potent scent. So one spray, or two if you must, would suffice.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Calvin Klein sure did fancy himself a romantic, didn’t he? Beauty...Obsession...Euphoria…Eternity... Geez Calvin, we get it already lol

In my opinion Eternity is a cross between L’Eau d’Issey and Tommy Girl. There’s something similar about the three. The floral in Eternity is interesting- it’s not the floral you get when you put your nose to a pile of freshly plucked rose petals. It’s more like the smell of the complete flower- petals, leaves, stem and the roots with a little soil attached. Eternity is earthy. For all put off by Eternity’s initial blast of sharp white florals, you might want to wait around for the drydown. The sharpness subsides and it gets cleaner and fresher as time passes.

Jacquelyn1
Jacquelyn1

I used to hate this scent. Then a few years (like 10) later I got a bottle as a gift. Weird. But I tried it again and decided I liked it. I don't love it, but I do like it. My smeller has definitely changed. It is growing on me. I don't wear it often, but I do find myself reaching for it from time to time. Different, interesting, and not for the faint of heart.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

This is one of those perfumes that really does have something to do with body chemistry. I blind bought it after reading all the reviews here. Unfortunately, for the first time, I made a huge mistake. It was absolutely horrible on me! And since it was so strong, I couldn't even escape it! I had to wash it off. The next day I gave it to a friend. We had to go to a wedding a few days later and she wore it. It was absolutely heavenly on her! The same note that was absolutely disgusting and insanely strong on me became a mild soft inciting note on her! So I guess I would recommend trying it personally before buying it. It can be a stale poison or a pretty enticement depending on body chemistry.

Opening-Note
Opening-Note

Like a lot of CK perfumes, this one hits you in the nose when you first put it on. A friend of mine loves this one and finds it a great perfume to layer with. I've never tried layering it, but I do like it just fine as a stand-alone. It is a very classic kind of floral perfume, but it wears down nicely and lingers for a long time. It is not one for everybody, but for me, it is a great pick-me-up on mornings when I know I'm going to have a long day.

Shwets
Shwets

Far less green and strong than what it use to be.
However on the right chemistry this is magical and one of my HG scents since i was 14, when i discovered this in France during a coach trip.

mamufa
mamufa

How could I ignore this scent for so many years??? It took me a long time to appreciate and love Eternity. The beginning is strong, too strong for many. That was the reason why I had no courage to buy Eternity for myself. For many years I smelled only carnations. But now I love it. After strog opening it settles on my skin as beautiful creamy, sweet and herbal scent. After a while there are no carnations on me. I dont know where the intensive sweetness comes from. I love Eternity. I have a 100ml bottle, and second one for purse (50ml). It is not that long lasting on my skin. But on my jacket it lasted over a week!!! On clothes is more herbal than creamy, that is why I spray it directly on my skin. I can only repeat myself over and over: I love Eternity. Even if you dont like it - give it a try once a year. It may surprise you one day .

getora
getora

Sexy,sophisticated,serious,mature, for the women who knows what they want, not for girls,sorry. Every time I wear this perfume I feel like I am in the command.

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

I remember how i popped in a store daily to smell it. But that was back in '93. It took me two weeks to realise that this scent is not for me. I get a terrible head ache from it and if I smell someone wearing it on a bus I need to get right off. It is soapy, artificial and nothing like anything else. Which is why I can respect it: originality. I just hope it was a good one instead of the detergent it is. It seems also that Eternity is easily over applied and spreads its enormous sillage on innocent lifes.

alevesque3
alevesque3

This was my default perfume during high school. I remember it being soapy, clean and fresh. Though I don't dislike it now, I've moved away from clean scents into more spicy ones as I've gotten older.

Fortheloveofscent
Fortheloveofscent

Wow... My mother passed away when I was a little girl and this smell always reminds me of her. For me it is one of the most recognisable perfumes ever, up there with Chanel no.5 and CKone! It is the true essence feminity, fresh, green and floral. It's a real standalone scent which takes me back to being 3 Years old again every time I get a whiff from a passer by. I admit as it is so unusual it's a rather love it or hate scent but I also feel that it grows on you after time as there really is nothing else like it!
Overall it is a sublime fragrance that has stood the test of time and I can't help spraying it when I pass a beauty counter. The epitome of an elegant, youthful woman <3

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

WAIT FOR THE DRY DOWN! the opening is like OLD LADY PERFUME (especially when over applied).. I've smelled this in the air so many times on older women...this can be cloying.. the smell itself is not too bad especially as it dries .doesn't even smell like perfume...it smells like a really potent lotion..like you lotion-ed up after a fresh shower..i like it ..but just be easy on the trigger

saintleegray
saintleegray

I normally cannot stand floral scents, but this is my go to perfume, it simply fits almost every occasion, and is AMAZING when layered, especially with more fruity, lighter victorias secret body sprays. It is absolutely the best base I have ever tried to layer with. Even just on it's own, it's beautiful. Clean, fresh, feminine, I will never be without a bottle of this around. Lasts a long time and best applied with a very light hand.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Of course I love you ETERNITY! You were the one that started my love for perfume, hence the name EternityFresh I gave myself here on this awesome Fragantica site! My mom gave me a bottle when I turned 17 and I was SO happy. My friend at school had it first and she let me try it on and I was hooked. Love..every great moment I lived then was celebrated by wearing this beautiful perfume. I will always love you. EternityFreshForever

This is the most shampooish scent I have ever tried. But it's quite good.
I like it a lot for some reason. If I wore it, people wouldn't probably think I'm wearing perfume. So that's the uniqueness of this one. Just smelling nice, no fancy factor in it.
I'm into green scents, and this one is light, floral and green.
I think it's great for summer.
Also very enjoyable everyday scent.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

Lemon-scented business grade bathroom cleanser and poultry seasoning. A classic for sure.

Gosha
Gosha

"Green floral" usually doesn't work for me. So when I first tried Eternity, I thought: "here we go - of course it doesn't work!" It's somehow too much of a "little sweet green thing", little too pretty, little too flowery, little too girly. So I thought. But I gave it another try. And another. And another. And each time I was wearing it, I caught myself actually enjoying it. Enjoying it quite a lot. And I have realized that I sometimes want to feel pretty, girly and cute and that I am not wearing this fragrance to "give it another chance". I am wearing it simply because I like it. Easy. :-)

beautydiva
beautydiva

This fragrance is one of the most special for me. Why? Cause I met the love with it:)))
It was almost 10 years ago, me an young girl finishing high school received this fragrance as a gift from my family. I liked and still like the smell - the fresh citrus notes fill the air with radiance. The bouquet of flowers gives a romantic, spring, careless sensation that makes me light, happy and flirty. Finally the touch of sandalwood and amber brings a warm, safe feeling of love and confidence. I always feel loved, special and feminine with Eternity :)
Bought it (50ml) some weeks ago from strawberrynet, on a very good price and again I am ready to meet the spring and sunshine!
Recommend this fragrance to all who like floral, fresh fragrances and who want to feel always the sensation of tender awakening of body and spirit under the first shy warming sun rays.
For me this fragrance has a sensual, personal meaning; hope someone else will meet the love wearing it too:)))

bonnie52
bonnie52

Eternity is one of those scents that you will immediately recognize it when someone nearby is wearing it. I personally love it! It is so pretty and floral and has great staying power. I have been wearing it on and off for about 20 years and will continue as long as they make it!

nellyrlight@aol.com

this is one of my mom's favorites..it smells just wonderfully fresh, clean and crisp on her! I love it too..although I have other favorite CK perfumes..I think his perfumes are just wonderful masterpieces..This one is the best white flower I ever used.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I just want to apologize To all the people that was around me back when I was in the military. When I wore this scent. I doused myself with it. And now I cant stand it. It should have been left in Desert Storm when I left.

Tintorra
Tintorra

I liked it on the paper because of the fresh citrus, but OMG! On me it smells like a mouthwash! I have to say it wash fresh ;-) I can imagine this being a fragrance that goes wel with other skintypes because I loved it enough on the paper to try it. So to my opinion this is not one you blindbuy.

Longevity I don't know because I had to wash it of. Because it didn't wash of easily I think longevity is pretty good.

melange
melange

Having missed out on that in the early 90s, I really wanted to like it (iconic fragrance! great advertising campaign! Christy Turlington! the mother of "clean" scents!), but it turned out to be the sampling nightmare of 2013. On me, Eternity smells like mega-concentrated Dove soap scent, giving me an instant headache and nausea, something I have never experienced before.

jake.shouse

Wonderful scent. I love white floral!

zetubal
zetubal

This is my favorite perfume and I am a men.

I like it because i bought it for my mother years ago.

She use to spray it in her hair and next day she use to wet her hair and the scent will came alive again.

She is not here anymore but now I buy it for my sisters.

The scent name say it all for me!!!!

vlsh9
vlsh9

Another perfume that I got as a gift from my Dad - I have no idea how he knows what I like but he always gets it right. I loved this perfume; it always made me feel so fresh and pretty. However, I'm not sure if it's because I can't stay in love with scents for too long, but I got a little sick of it after awhile. I wouldn't mind purchasing it again tho, I think.

odie
odie

This is such a fluid and excellent fragrance, I get the comforting warmth of citrus and musk and sandalwood, didn't think the mid-notes were so floral. It is sexy without being overtly so, versatile for day and night with no stinky dry down. This is why Eternity is a classic scent.

Again, my father bought this for my mother and I would sneak a spray, but then the musk was too heady for me at sixteen. Unfortunately, the bottle fell down and broke in front of the family cupboard while mum was abroad, but that perfumes redolence remained for months where it spilled and the integrity of the scent remained!.

It made us long for and miss "Eternity" and when mum returned she was disappointed that her treasured bottle of perfume broke, but admitted the scent lingered heavily in the room. As a classic scent I do intend buy one for myself.

lirael00
lirael00

This is a stronger version of Sun Moon Stars. It has the same vanilla peach pudding base but with a more peppery taste to it. It lasts longer than Lagerfeld's and it has more naughty vibe to it. It's that kind of a perfume that you either like it or not. I prefer Sun Moon Stars, but this one isn't that bad either. It's definetly a different kind of a perfume. Not for everyone.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Every review that every member has said about Eternity is true: it can be lovely and it can also be foul.

On the woman I had originally complimented, Eternity smells great. Because I kept gushing about how wonderful she smelled, she gifted me a mini of the fragrance.

Now that I own it, I just don't know, you know? The carnation is LOUD and green, and it pinches my nose. What I've ended up doing is spraying it on, and then -- don't laugh -- having a shower. What is left behind is something that is actually not bad at all.

fuggi181
fuggi181

last for sooo long and its a very unique strong smell

larali
larali

It's a soft fragrance, mostly citrus on me at first, dries down to sandalwood and florals and finally musk. Lasts all day. It's very smooth and non-cloying. Can be used for either casual or formal occasions.

Lorna66
Lorna66

My "signature scent" since way back when ...
Always reminds me a bit of marzipan. I love the fragrance and flavour of almonds and was surprised there is none listed in the "ingredients" for Eternity? But whatever! - I am not a trained "nose"!
Have also liked Eau de Gucci, Gucci Rush II, "Nahema" by Guerlain and a few others over the years. Many, many years ago liked a relatively cheap, but still lovely powdery, floral, sweet scent by Stowaway called "Silent Shores". My first ever perfume, bought when I was about 10, was "Sea Jade".
Occasionally use Rose by Body Shop for day time - but Eternity was, is and will probably remain, my all time favorite forever.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I had never really smelled Eternity but I thought I didn't like it, that there was no way I could. Carnation and my skin don't get along, violet is iffy, I hadn't yet had any success with narcissus, and I have had a hard time with 80s powers house perfumes in the past...

And yet, it somehow found its way into my wrist..

I am stunned. Floored. Blown away.

Maybe it is because I am suddenly drawn to green florals with a clean soapiness. Maybe it is because I actually smelled it on my own skin rather than someone else's or a paper test strip. Who knows... Regardless, I have found a fragrance from the 80s that I actually like. And I think it likes me back!! I do get a lot of the carnation in the beginning, spicy and almost dusty on my skin, but it fades within 20 minutes. Then it is all fresh lilies and a touch of soapy jasmine and sweet rose, similar in style to my beloved Glow. One spray on my wrist has given me nice, subtle whiffs of scent all evening. Two sprays of this beauty would be more than enough, if not too much. Sprayed with caution this is a perfectly feminine charmer or a perfume. There is something magnetic about it, charming, slightly aloof but with some sense of humor at the same time. I love it. I genuinely, really do.

I must have this.

Lady.BaaBaa
Lady.BaaBaa

Another 90's classic! I usually fall for white florals, but this is something different and just beautiful. Very strong yet sweet, and very long-lasting, which I think we deserve when we shell out department store prices! I have Eternity in the same brain-space as those black and white shots of Christy Turlington that were in the original ads - very 90's and yet still somehow very fresh and timeless.

Tigcris
Tigcris

I like this smell, just not for perfume. I use it as a room freshener for my office and spray it all over!

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

Yes, it's definitely ok.

Had a phase of Eternity and liked it for a while. I'm not usually a fan of CK products but I might revisit it one day. Worthy of a try and one of the nicest of the CK perfumes.

Definitely a good buy in a gift-set for a younger lady I would say and a nice blind buy at a bargain price. It will get used (mine did and I'm very fickle) and most woman would find this very versatile.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

i am a guy but i wear eternity for women(and obsession for women)... the smell is just so rich to me and more bold and creamy compared to its male version. the scent reminds me of the 90s where everyone were either sporting this or drakkar... i actually have a bottle now but haven't worn it for awhile since lately i've been using my cheapies...

anyway, 3 weeks ago, i picked up a package from my local postman and he came up to me with one of the most beautiful scent that took me back in time... i told him, "you really smell good... eternity", and he became defensive, and responded "i was out of cologne, i wore my wife's... how'd you know what i'm wearing?" and i'm like... "mmm... it's been around, FOREVER since the crustacean period!!!" LOLS!!!

that being said, eternity is one of those scents that has a "recall". you may not have smelled it for years, but one who loves fragrances can identify it from a mile or describe the scent in his head despite the absence of the physical product... but to those who are not particular with scents and simply pour whatever it is that's available, won't know it's "eternity" and still finds it a good scent... it also was one of the bestsellers... so there must be a reason to it.

the sad part about eternity is though it is a slightly heavy scent, it can only gets as far as a few arms length of people around you. the sillage and projection is not one of those head turning scent unless it happens to be a cold weather and you're covered and warming underneath your coat and a gust of wind blows by... it's a heavy scent but can only project among the people around you and it won't creep and fill up an entire room (unless you're in a tropical climate and decided to go bar hopping and made sure that you're sitting by the AC to make yourself "identified".)

andjela
andjela

Sun,Moon and Stars....the same!!! :(

poutpout
poutpout

It lasts forever...

nellyrlight@aol.com

my mom's favorite..i do love smelling this on her..but it does not go with my skin..i love and use most other calvin klein perfumes..adore the eternity moment..and truth and contradiction..wish I could wear it.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

It smells like Kleenex. Or Kleenex smells like it. Either way, it's comforting. It's something I wear when I'm having a really bad day.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

not for me. i get a very powerdy carnation and lily of the valley. like instead of wearing perfume i am wearing body powder. eventually after the carnation fades i get a floral bouqet. it smells pretty nice then. i get a little spice. it smells really sweet on me, like honey should be in the notes. i imagine a girl in jeans wearing this. feminine and casual.

jake.shouse

I love this scent me and my mom both wear it! So strong yet so soft also! Very long lasting love it!

jake.shouse

Heavenly scent and I think I over sprayed bec it is alittle on the strong side but still a wonderful scent but I prefer it on my mom nor me.... I have my scents and this I love but it's nothing but chemicals and powder when you first spray it but I still love the smell.. But this is so strong don't over spray I did and WOWE not ment too over spray!

radzzzz
radzzzz

Lovely scent. I was sceptical at first cause the bottle looks so boring and old. But i must say this perfume is an angel in desquise! Its perfect for any season..and ocassion..i highly recommend this

tijgetje
tijgetje

what you love to smell has a lot to do with it's memory. I have only postive memory's to this parfume and that's what makes it beautyful to me. And ofcourse my cemistry works well with this one. ;-) Classy, cosy and casual... good for a day with your kids and friends around you.

As said: a beautyful 90's fragrance, brings back a lot of happy fibes. ;-0

kneissl
kneissl

I loved this fragrance in my younger days ... it was my "white tshirt and jeans to go watch a game of rugby on a Saturday afternoon" scent! I got a small sample vial of it recently from the CK counter and OMG ... it's horrid!!! The minute I sprayed it on my wrist I wanted to gag and no matter how hard I scrubbed with soap and water, could not get rid of the nausea inducing aroma that was glued to me. Eventually stuck my nose in a jar of coffee! Another classic bites the dust. Bummer :o(

Layzie
Layzie

Not a fan of its male counterpart, I was reluctant to test this one when recommended by the clerk. I was looking for a gift for a good friend of mine, and the clerk assured me that it is a favourite amongst women.

On paper, it was such a harsh medley of scents, yet I was intrigued. She sprayed some on her forearm to let me contrast what I was smelling; it was nicer on her than what I was already experiencing with Eternity. I was still worried that it would smell as strong as it did on paper as my friend, so I passed, as she likes lighter perfumes.

Although the scent was interesting & unique at the moment, it was unfortunately forgettable and unappealing.

jessstad
jessstad

This was the perfume my mom always put on for dates, and I will never be able to associate it with anything other than watching her put on makeup - to me this was pretty much the scent of grown-up feminine beauty as a kid. Like other reviewers have said, it can be soft, sweet and romantic, but in a cool, clean, distant way. And yeah, a little of it goes a long way.

I actually love the smell because of the associations it calls up, but for the same reason I could never wear it - this is 100% my mom's perfume. I don't know if it's truly dated or just my memory, but this is definitely the smell of the early 90's to me.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Oh God! How I loved this magnificent floral scent somewhere around 1990 and I wanted it, oh how I wanted it, it was so beautiful, incredibly clean and beautiful flowers. I would love it for all eternity if only I had the money to buy it. I simply could not afford it. Fast forward all these years and it has gotten cheaper, much cheaper compared to my income. Alas, it seems you cannot go home again. I now find it simply dated. I hate to even say that, it's almost like saying I am dated, ha ha. It now just seems extremely loud and unsophisticated. One thinks immediately of acid-washed jeans. Perhaps Angel(which came out several years later) ruined me. Perhaps tastes do change with time.

It was great in its' day. Rest in peace.

carolien1978

The colder day's are coming and I'm thinking of this beauty... This is de first parfum I bought (about 18 years ago) To me, this is a very delicate, uplifting scent, makes me wanna cuddle :-) I can see myself as the woman on the pictures now; as a woman, lover and mother of 2 beautyful kids.... this scent is special to me. On my light skin it last very long.

jake.shouse

all you smell when you first spray this is Chemicals but once it settles in it does smell good but the first spray was like holy crap... But I do still like it but like most scents you have too smell it a good 10 mins after you spray it or longer too get the clean powder scent that is turn into! I am glad I have it but not one I love I just like it abit sharp!

dtchbrd
dtchbrd

I tried this on a few days ago and really did not like it. It reminded me of an air freshener.

Edit:
This morning, I sprayed CK Eternity on my skin and on a testing strip and I really like it on my skin. On the testing strip it does not smell great. It goes to show how important it is to test on your skin. I am wondering if I tried a different CK scent, back in December and somehow thought it was CK Eternity?

CK Eternity is a nice fresh, floral fragrance. The opening is flowery with a tiny hint of citrus. On my skin the dry down is warmer and with woody tones. Perfect for summer.

GMK
GMK

Although i am not a fan of its male counter part but this one is really good. A bit harsh at start but go smoooth as it settles , a very feminin / flowery delight with the pleasing sweetness of sandalwood at dry down, beautiful fragrance for woman.
thumz up.

P.S
Thanks "ArtzGirl" for recomending.

jake.shouse

A nice powdery scent not spicy at all. All I smell is floral/powdery... I really don't reach for it that much but when I do I sure enjoy the scent a lot! Classic and a perfume that is strong and bold and lovely! I am not a huge Calvin Klein fan but I like Obsession and the Original Eternity and that is about it!

Latindancer
Latindancer

To me, this is a very classic scent. Very 80s. It carries the same vibe as Organza, Arpege, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Volupte... to name a few. Perhaps it's the aldehydic white floral note in them. Advisable only for winter. Otherwise it gets too heavy and cloying. A very floral and feminine scent though. Probably suits a well-dressed working woman in her thirties better than myself, a 22 year old uni student who goes around in jeans or sundresses normally...

Kim1980
Kim1980

I love this scent. Especially in winter. It's a warm, powdery and cozy fragance. I smell clove in it, wich gives this fragance an unique touch.

seokming
seokming

This one is a classic. I love it! On me, it's a beautiful uplifting white flower fragrance that stays on well through the day. Just 2 sprays and I am good to go. Eternity Woman is way better than Eternity for Man, in my opinion.

magdach7
magdach7

I use different fragrances but eternity has been my favourite one for at least 10 years and it is the one which attracts attention of so many people. A lot of men have told me I smell wonderfull wearing it. It is the only perfume which makes other people ask me what I am wearing. Absolutely fabulous and sexy.

xmindyourbuisnessx
xmindyourbuisnessx

My very first grown up perfume.. And it smelled horrible !!! However I still wore it... Something reminiscent of eau de cat pee, plastic, funky dried flowers and sweat.. However I still managed to spray this everyday because I felt grown.

naomin
naomin

On me, this opens up with bright floral notes, but quickly wears down into a spicy kind of cinnamon scent with a bit of lily and jasmine, and just a splash of orange. Reminds me a bit of that orange spice tea by celestial seasonings. I just got this and tried it, so I may give a second review on longevity, silage and more detail on the wear down.

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Tried it today on one wrist, euphoria on the other. Eternity smells like plain soap to me. I think it's the lilly of the valley, I just don't like the scent of it. My 8-year old daughter loves it, however...

maraki1
maraki1

Beautiful scent. It reminds of an old edt of Clochard from the early '90s! Do you remember anybody?? Lovely, "full" scent

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

"Eternity" is a modern classic that flooded the market and was an instant success. These days it's not as unique as it used to be, but it is still a very recognizable scent and I still get into moods where I like to wear it.

On me its the perfect lily-of-the-valley and carnation notes mixed with a zesty citrus note, and thats no mean feat if you know that LOTV and carnation can easily individually ruin a perfume for me...no matter what other lovely notes might be present, yet in Eternity they both live in wonderful harmony among the other notes. Its all sparkly fresh green with freesia and dries down onto a heliotrope base.

A lovely choice if you'd like a fresh floral that has great silage and longevity, and these days it's not as omnipresent as it used to be, so perhaps now it the time to try it (again) and surround yourself with an elegant cloud among the current fruity/candy wave that has swept perfume-land. It's still yummy and now there are flankers to choose from, too! ; )

I am aware that Eternity is often compared to "Sun Moon Stars" - I own SMS too and smell the similarities but also the differences and you should not assume that SMS is a dead-ringer for Eternity but rather that they are sisters, one sporty and extravert whilst the other is more demure and a bit dreamy.

Silage is: a fresh and elegant floral - longevity is: Hello! I am an 80s child! Smell me always and all day long! Enjoy.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

My "every day" perfume. Floral, fresh, and lasts for ages. Definitely my favourite out of the large CK range.

no5forever2
no5forever2

I had never truly understood how wearing a pefume could give you a massive headache until I received Eternity as a gift. I sprayed it on and within seconds I could feel a stabbing right behind my eyes. Truly a surreal experience.

Ironically I went on to enjoy the Eternity flankers, particularly Eternity Love, Eternity Rose Blush, and Eternity Purple Orchid. These I actually finished and bought again before they ran out of stock.

After keeping the bottle for ten years in the hope of outgrowing its effect on me I finally gave up on it and last Summer I swapped it with a neighbour for Coco Mademoiselle edp. Both my neighbour and myself were over the moon with our newly acquired loot.

samanta.machado
samanta.machado

A good fragrance for summer time.

missliberty11
missliberty11

In winter and autumn, I tend to wear sweet, vanilla-type or heavy scents, mainly the Chanel range - Coco, Chanel Allure, No 5 or No 19 which is actually a great all-season fragrance. Comes warmer weather however, I feel the "need" to smell a softer fragrance, fresh and just subtle enough for the ones coming close to me, to smell. So I've done some research - with Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie, Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen Light Breeze and Eternity in the top list. Over the last decade, I've always come back to Eternity and this was the case today too! This is one great classic perfume that I love to wear, when I want to smell elegant and feminine, without going floral or citrus. In fact, the women fragrances that are characterised as fresh and summerly have a tendency to be fruity or simply too sweet. Or they smell too masculine, like Chanel Chance EDT does on me! But Eternity is perfect for these days where I want something that is not powdery, too floral or sweet. It's discrete too, but you have to let the fragrance develop on your warm skin. After I've sprayed it on today in the store, it just smelled like alcohol. But after approx 5 minutes, this beautiful unique scent started to warm up. It smells greenish without going grassy, woody-ish without the heaviness, fresh without the citrus note, and it does smell aromatic and spicy, but luckily without cinnamon. It is incredibly feminine without being floral, oriental and sweet. I also believe that although it is still a very popular scent - it's still in the stores -, it is not as often used anymore.
Longevity is really great on me, probably 5 to 6 hours, if not more. Sillage is little which is great as subtleness is one of the elements that I buy this perfume every year again. Sometimes, Calvin Klein Eternity reminds me of Priscilla Presley Moments which was a hit in the early 80's and is now sadly discontinued (as I would be at the right age now to wear it lol).

5354alice
5354alice

I had this fragrance few jears ago...and I used to wear it for romantic dates, than I changed boyfriend and now I'm not able to wear it again. Off course the fragrance is still delicious, and memorable. I think that this is one of the most clean, fresh and floral fragrance of ever...I like to smell it on my friend and I think it's good for young and mature women!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

i repurchased this version just for the sake of my younger years memories back in the late 80s-90s...still smells the same with good projection & lasting. eternity for women is better than for men...by the way ;)

jake.shouse

I really like this scent on me it is only powdery and floral that's all! No spicy or green nothing! No Citrus nothing kinda odd that those notes are listed bec I smell none of that at all! And I have a trained nose! nothing I don't love it but I will wear it and enjoy it!

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Eternity is another one of the classics from the 1980's which will always be a favorite of mine. This is light, clear, and wears extremely well in the spring/summer.

This is a bit higher than Ysatis and Beautiful - and evokes a completely different mood. I wore this a lot during the late 1980's, but have not repurchased a bottle of this.

This could be another good fragrance to revisit for days when you are wanting a very clean, crisp fragrance.

------------

I reviewed Madonna's "Truth or Dare" and "Fracas" this week and it appears that they both have a very high octave chord very similar to Eternity.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

Like! One of my first loves.. Floral clean , i think it is ck's best.

anzu
anzu

Back in 80's I had been a devoted wearer of Eternity EDP ever since it was launched until my eyes began to wonder. It worked really well with my skin and people told me how great I smelled. It feels clean and sensuous. Love Eternity for men too!

jessismithann
jessismithann

i love this, i always have

why i love this so much iv come to realise it smells like me.. me, as in iv had a shower and walked to the letterbox and back..
so my review is: has a clean feel yet a sweet smell of sweat. an fragrance that is not overpowering nor offensive... truly is a fragrance for everyday...
over what feels like 10n years (it could quite honestly be more than that) i have always had a bottle of this in my bathroom i only ever stray from this perfume on weekends/nights out
x

Thomasania
Thomasania

I have an older bottle of this, that I am pretty sure I bought in the 90's. I had worn if for years and then pushed it to the back of my stash. I am revisiting this and I must say it is very nice. Keep in mind I like my fragrances brash and loud, and this is a scent that others around you will be able to smell. I do think it is well blended and long lasting. If you like the fragrances of the 90's you probably should give it a try. Normally florals do not work well with my chemistry but this works well with me.

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

It reminds me of a dirty hamster cage - pee soaked cedar chips. I never liked it in the 80's and I still don't, obviously. My bff used to douse herself in it and then get in my car when we'd go out. It was vile, choking, and headache inducing.

When you read the description, it sounds gorgeous. It's amazing: perception versus reality.

If one thinks it's a non offensive scent (like it's ok wearing it to an interview or first date) think again.

marandel
marandel

I haven't worn this perfume in years. Had forgotten it as I'm a sucker to try anything new. I went summer fragnance shopping the other day and wasn't impressed with fragnances the sales clerk was having me smell. Then she sprayed a card and I fell in love with it immediately! Didn't recognize it at first but it Eternity. I can say I don't notice many women wearing it these days which is better yet. Loved Eternity years back and still love it!

xVal
xVal

It's a very soapy fresh perfume.
The problem is that it's too strong for me. :/

nazza28
nazza28

Such a fresh soapy floral on me, I find it quite lovely. Smells like I've just come out of the shower :) Very non-offensive and perfect for everyday wear in an office situation.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I really don't like the smell of this. I do agree that it smells like a wannabe fresh-oriental. All of the notes mix up on my skin and smell like industrial cleanser. This is also one of the rare perfumes that give me a head ache. it has very good lasting power though, if you like the smell. Smell's very 80's.

bra_chorni
bra_chorni

can be called a wannabe oriental"fresh" floral.derez something wrong with dat.it tries to be fresh with a dense spicey background.dere is no harmony.i dont like da top notes love da base notes,its powdery soothing balmy slightly citrus.be warned overdose can kill

Cubby
Cubby

Eternity is a strong fragrance and I almost like it. My question to previous posters who were able to express their comment without four letter words: does seeing the F word in a post just because the poster didn't like the fragrance offend you? A nice site such as this should have intelligent comments made about fragrances, like them or not.

Peachply
Peachply

The worst thing about this scent is that it will smell identical on everyone, it's just that synthetic, it just doesn't matter what your chemistry is, it will overpower you. So rather then smell wonderfully unique you smell like you are wearing "Eternity". You are a walking advertisement for them at this point.

mwallwork
mwallwork

I bought this when it debuted. It was one of the few light fragrances that didn't give me a headache and I wore it frequently. Now, it sits forlornly on my dresser - a reminder of younger days and different tastes.

A light spritz assures me that it is still good and I immediately catch the violets, lily of the valley and carnation. After several minutes of green scents and a melange of florals, the soft wood and breezy amber join in the dry down. I can see why I liked it, but I have too many more interesting perfume choices now to waste time wearing a memory however sweet that memory may be.

ezgise
ezgise

This is very similar to Nivea Cream for me.

laurakaye
laurakaye

My wedding scent back in the early 90's. Cliche, maybe. But a bride wearing a scent called "Eternity?" I had to wear it.:)

Immediately recognizable, long-lasting, light floral scent. I've always kept a mini of Eternity on my dresser since my wedding. A little goes a very long way, and although I don't wear it often, sometimes when I'm in a particularly carefree, easy-breezy mood, I'll wear it and catch whiffs of it all day long, sometimes into the next day, and it does make me smile.

Beth1218
Beth1218

This was given to me as a gift back in the eighties. It's okay, but nothing to write home about. I was more into Opium and Poison at the time. Opium is still one of my signature favorites.

allexa
allexa

Its too loud and brusque.Long story short - misbalanced and lack of harmony is the true name of this... product.
Well, may be I'm too picky but lily of the valley/carnation pattern in this case doesn't work for me at all.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

I'm not sure why, I wasn't fond of this either. Didn't smell 'bad,' just didn't like it. I ended up giving it away...

maźka1984
maźka1984

My husband said that I smell like a dentist, however, so something's up with these comparisons with the dentist or pharmacy. So I stopped taking eternity and I do not know if I ever return to the fragrance.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Not a fan. It just doesn't work for me and I'm not sure what is in this that I don't agree with, maybe the carnation? It makes me queezy. There's nothing pleasant about this on my skin. I can't even stand to look at the bottle.

If this works for you, I have a .5 oz bottle up for swap and would love to get rid of. PM me!

icecube
icecube

Opens up very powdery and strong.
A strong note of roomecleaner, soap or something similar comes to mind.
It is flowers, flowers flovers mixed with sage.
But what really puts me of is the very powdery, or would even call it dusty quality that nearly makes it hard to breath.
Even after tha drydown it stays very powdery - and quite strong.
The strong note I was looking for to descibe is pure babypowder.
For me it is a mystery how it became so famous.
It seems in my eyes that there's no balans or harmony.
My advise is - try before you buy.

rita.m
rita.m

وكانه عطر رجالي
عطر قوي جدا

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

This perfume has the propensity to be a bit overpowering. However, it can be a beautiful scent if you apply it very sparingly. Just a dab behind your ears and a tiny dab on your wrists. The overpoweringly sweet/floral scent will then fade into a mild gardenia/ jasmine-esque bouquet. I like this scent because it is original. I have never smelled anything quite so interesting. Perfumes today tend to follow a trend. Its nice to revist the vintage favorites every now and again. I think they can offer us a fresh perspective :)

carolien1978

this parfume is my ' first love'! And now, after all those years, it's still a favorite for me! Very flowery, romantic scent, with a good lasting power on me.... So, in this case it's really; Eternal ;-)

Mom2Dano
Mom2Dano

I was first introduced to this perfume by my grandmother when I was young and thought it smelled so grown up and like a lady should smell. I've grown up and I still love this perfume. It has a fresh, clean, and elegant scent. It's one of my favorites for sure. It lasts a good while and I haven't met anyone who doesn't like this perfume. It is strong though, so you should know that with this perfume a little goes a long way, so don't over do it. I love it!

4scents
4scents

A very peppery musk initial spray on that settles down to oh so much more...this perfume is soft and very subtle but deliciously portioned lily of the valley remains my compliment everytime I wear this!

slobberchops
slobberchops

Recently been given a bottle of this,used to wear it years ago as a teenager and goodness me,i must have had no sense of smell as i used to plaster it on !!!!people must have been too polite to tell me i stank !,i do love it,not too sure what it is,but i cant part with it,although being a non smoker now,it smells sooooo strong,one spray is enough and even that i have to spread out and wipe off the excess,for me i would wear this at night as its very strong,very long lasting and good silage,quite nice to spritz on a hankie and put in your wardrobe as scents your clothes whilst you are not wearing them :)

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

an evening,date, grown up, woman-scent. its very green and flower no fruit at all, very expensive smell, i dont like it on me...but on others it can work.

Muneca
Muneca

I am always suprised to hear "Eternity" when I smell a great fragrance on someone - it's happened quite a few times. There is something in this that gives me a HORRIBLE headache - can't figure out what it would be - I love lily-of-the-valley - and I have all the other notes in my collection. Must be the combination all together that does it.

Chickenfluff
Chickenfluff

This has to be the most floral scent I have ever come across. When I tried it, I felt like I had just stepped into the world's largest flower shop. Ten storeys high. That's exactly what it smells like to me. I guess you just have to love floral scents in order to fully appreciate this one.
Longevity and sillage were quite impressive to me. I washed it off with a bunch of soap several times and could still smell it. My jacket kept smelling of it for days and even 'perfumed' my wrist, so I would notice the scent when I wasn't even wearing the jacket.

beckym186
beckym186

I love the perfume, it smells quite powdery on me and I have recieved many compliments. A lot of the people have said it has smelled remarkably like 'Parma Violets' the sweets.
The scent is strong and can be overbearing, so one spritz will last the entire day!
I have found the sillage changes quite rapidly. After approx 2 hours the perfume hugs to your skin so only you and people very close ;) can smell it.
I love this perfume and if I wasn't the type of person who is always after a new scent I would buy abother bottle.
Also, if the perfume is too powdery just equal amounts of eternity and amor amor by cacharel is devine.

Shimone
Shimone

I really don't understand the hate on this classic beauty! I was 11 years old when Eternity debuted and it smells exactly the same as it did then. Eternity is a timeless fragrance....no matter when I wear it,whether it be today or 3 years from now;I'm always complimented on how good it smells!

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

Powerful and strong and cloying but very fresh and green

nightjazmin
nightjazmin

One of my fav! Fresh, clean and elegant. Smells soooo good!

Stronsmelling beauty! Use carefully! Less is more and I think you have to love Lily-of-the-valley to fall completely for Eternity. The flowers is wellmixed and the Lily-of-the-valley is not overwhelming. Very fresh, chic and elegant. Perfect for office or just as an every-day-scent. Timeless - in my opinion every woman can wear Eternity.

Starkdoftande skönhet. Används försiktigt! Lite är lagom och jag tror att du bör ha Liljekonvalj som favoritblomma för att falla helt för Eternity. Blomnoterna är välblandade och Liljekonvaljen är inte för dominant. Otroligt fräsch, chic och elegant. Perfekt till kontoret eller bara som varje-dag-doft. Tidlös - i mitt tycke så kan nog alla kvinnor bära Eternity.

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

Gifted to me by my husband, ( I have yet to place a good review on his fragrance gifts to me ), it immediately reminded me of another gift from him - Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor.
All I get from this fragrance on me is Lily of the Valley.
Now I love me some Lily of the Valley flowers, and a touch in my scents, but I find this more than a touch too much.
I have tried to wear light handedly in the spring, too cloying.
I have tried it in the cold months, with an out of place season feeling to it.
I wish the other notes would pull out when I wear it - such as the sage one reviewer mentioned.
I do not find it fresh, or romantic, or anything at all that touched my senses. I do not hate it, I do not like it, it`s just, just.
I have gotten zero compliments or remarks when I have worn this. Not even from my husband. In some wierd way, I am tempted to give it another try today.

Ina Boland
Ina Boland

Beautiful. I was alway searching for my signature scent yet I just couldn't find it. Before I met Jean paul.. perfume I thought this was it. Its brilliant just beautiful. Stopped a perfume woman to ask what she was wearing that is was it.

stardust808
stardust808

omg a blinding headache in a bottle that i can actually taste when it's in the air...the only other fragrances i detest as much as this one are angel and the original fendi...ugh just horrible

derkargy
derkargy

This smell reminds me of a cheap room deo,Glade and the like.Fortunately,two years later,ms Grosjman make a triumph by creating the faboulous Tresor.

niecwiecio
niecwiecio

I quite like it, it's a flowery scent with green notes. Perfect for spring or summer, but I wouldn't buy it, there are better, simmiliar scents than this one. It's not pricey, which is an adventage

luluch

my room smells good after i wear this perfume, microdose...

luluch

just bought it and spray it on my wrist, i like it first, then got headache with this perfume, so i put it outside my room...it smells good though

tamstar
tamstar

intoxicating! eternity will always be at the top of my faves...love it fo sho ;-)

fabulous_me
fabulous_me

Smells so good and so fresh on me. I spray some on my neck and on my wrist after showering, and the scent lasts the whole day. I feel like i just finished showering the whole day. I'm so in love with Eternity :]

black_and_red
black_and_red

I have just scanned through the top third of these reviews and will read the rest later, but just thought I would offer my feedback on a couple of recurring themes.

First of all, headache and nausea! Eternity was extremely du jour in the early 90s. When I was a teenager, if I was ever in a department store, I would often go and spray this one on. Now the interesting thing is that even though I thought it smelled extremely sexy in a unique way, I pretty much stopped doing this because I noticed that I seemed to get a really bad headache every time I used it. However, funnily enough, it doesn't now. Not sure why this would be a problem then and not now; I'm still susceptible to headaches and nausea. To be on the safe side, people with chemical sensitivities should definitely spray this on a card first.

As for it being overpowering, when first sprayed, the green top notes are indeed potent, but actually, I think this is part of its intrigue. It's strong in a good way - but it seems for some, this strength may be a little sickening. And I can appreciate that from personal experience - some reviewers are referring to it seeming to have a synthetic quality, and I think if/when it makes you feel ill, that's definitely how it can come across. As some people have noted, you may wish to apply it sparingly in any case, and it might be considerate to do so if you will be in an enclosed environment shortly after using it (eg a long car trip).

But to me, this powerful initial phase is clean in an extremely sexy and sophisticated way.

I would find it surprising to hear it described in one review as too floral; I too prefer, say, woody fragrances over many florals, but this is crisp and minimalist, and in some ways has more in common with some men's fragrances. (They are quite different, but Egoiste Platinum comes to mind in terms of being clean and sharp.) In fact, this might be what made it distinctive for quite some time, as this was seemingly less usual in women's fragrances back then. Now there are a lot more unisex fragrances with green notes, so it may seem generic.

However, after that initial powerful green-floral blast, during which it has considerable sillage, I find the drydown, as some others have commented, is actually very mellow, and close to the skin. In other words, although it's mildly noticeable, I actually have to say I don't think it has great staying power. Perhaps it's because it's so heady to begin with, and then its after-effect can be so gentle by comparison, it makes me long for the initial rush of top notes again.

I do agree this is probably love/hate, and I can see reasons for both.

vhelsing
vhelsing

Very nice and fresh scent. I can't describe any notes, because on my skin all components are mixed together and I just don't know what I feel. I can only tell, that somehow this fragrance Is similar to Beverly Hills 90210 by Torand,but stronger.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I went into Boots with the intention of testing a bunch of pre 1990 classic frags today.

This was the worst of the bunch. Im getting more in tune with what i do/dont like , and i think that "florals" are not for me. I prefer floral woody musks , orientials and greens.

Sorry , for me this perfume was too flowery , ans quite sickly. It reminded me of other perfumes i also dislike - when i checked up , yes , they were also "florals". Might be a good choice if you are a floral lover as it did seem to be well made and longlasting, as i washed it off but could still detect it. . had to spray some Opium over the top to get rid of the sickly floral trace.

Not for me. . . Also i own SunMoonStars which i really love , i would need to test them side by side to be sure , but as i cannot stand Eternity i cannot see a similarity!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this was my first signature scent ever! i wore it a lot on junior high, so it has a soft spot in my heart, though i don't think i could wear it now. it's too...something for me now, not sure what. not warm enough i guess? and a bit too clean. still, i'd love to try it again for old time's sake.

Rainey
Rainey

This perfume is one of my favourites of Calvin Klein. It does last a very long time throughout the day and you only need to spray a small amount.

On the otherhand it can be very strong and sometimes a little too intense for the nose, so handle with care! You will always smell it on your clothes by the end of the day, so if you like a strong perfume then this is one to go for.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i like it its a sophisticated clean confident scent its a perfect scent for a business woman it has a lot of carnation ,its crisp summary more of a day perfume..its also unique modern and has a character its a bit tough if you can describe a scent like that its not very feminine its almost on its way to be a unisex..but eternity will remain for eternity in a class of its own i mean i believe that it will stand the test of time and can and will become an international best seller across nations for eternity..

rating 4.0 out of 5

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

I have never encountered a man who doesn't LOVE this scent, including my husband. I am not all that crazy about it, but I wear it for him. It's a classic, and for you younger people who are curious about The Eighties: this is a great example of BIG Eighties perfumes. You don't smell it so much anymore, but try living in an all-woman dormitory in 1989. It was everywhere.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Eternity it's all about canrnations .... to my nose is flower-green . In the first minutes the floral notes are bitter , probably are carnations . Anyway it's a good perfume , with great sillage and longevity . Eternity it's ageless .

saguna
saguna

Maybe for some it's boring and when someone smells of Eternity, you know it is Eternity, but for me this is a fragrance of elegant woman, self-confident, sexy and classy.
On my skin lasts long, but I don't feel it ( people do).
It's a beautiful fragrance for me,and it's the only one from CK for women together with Contradiction which will never get boring for me.

pfcs
pfcs

My husband gave me a bottle of this some years ago and I've never finished it. I'm sure he thought he was doing a very good thing. I don't hate it, I just don't like it a lot. It doesn't have the oomph and staying power I like. I'm just a Lauder lady!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I always have a bottle of "Eternity" . This perfume is timeless and so classy and chic .

You can wear it wherever and whenever .

CK's best scent ever !

FuzzCookies
FuzzCookies

This was the first perfume I ever bought and I still love it. It's a very noticeable perfume but because it's very fresh and clean, the notes of sandalwood give it just the correct amount of warmth, however I think it's an acquired taste as some have told me it smells like rum and find this slightly unpleasant.

yvonnerodenhiser
yvonnerodenhiser

Lily scented citronella candle :( If you love strong florals then this would appeal to you. This is just too strong and doesn't suit me at all. But I am a floral-sweet and sweet-gourmand lover. This makes me queasy.

KateAnette
KateAnette

This was my signature back in the 90's. I still have a small bottle, but would never wear it. Very nice, very classy, very 90's, and VERY strong. I still use strong scents now and then, but nothing quite "in your face" like this one. For nostalgic reasons, thumbs up :)

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

This is a gorgeous and complex fragrance. A fresh white floral with spicy orange and carnation notes that blend beautifully with sandalwood and rain-soaked green leaves! The crisp, bright freesia and lily accord makes it a great spring or summer scent, but it is nice for winter also because of the spicy warmth of orange and sandalwood. I first fell in love with this perfume when I was a senior in high school in 1996. I have since owned 4 bottles! I just love Eternity, it's perfect for everyday as well as dressy occasions, always makes me feel elegant and feminine!And polished and demure and sophisticated!

cyprusmum
cyprusmum

Bought this in the 90s. Loved it then! Crisp, clean, fresh. Having tried others since, in hindsight it was rather ubiquitous! Can, to this day smell someone wearing it. Still a good classic for Calvin Klein.

Vampiris
Vampiris

Eternity for her is fresh and also a bit floral..every time i wear it..i can imagine lying on the grass and just enjoy the natural

I can smell the green and some spring floral notes in it..like some yellow flowers

it's not my fav, used to like it for it's unique fresh smell and longevity..

occasionally i wear it on a sunny day or after exercising..one of my fav from CK

recently got Eternity Aqua for my hubby..it's nice, too

Lushylori
Lushylori

I'm not sure if its the lily of the Valley in the notes or just the combo all together but this one gives me a killer headache.
It would be just ok if it wasnt for its headache inducing issues but its not really my style.
Much to floral and in your face.
Eternity for men is a nice one though IMO

loonad
loonad

wore this today as it was very warm.loved it.made me smell fresh and clean.

LADYJSN
LADYJSN

I would say it is too strong, and not so feminine. It is somehow too everything> too dominiring, too strong, too nice, too sweet, too flowery.And somehow boring , for me. I have it but really dont like to wear it because I feel it arround me all the time and that bothers me somehow. I can not explain, but it has this boring effect on me. Too serious ,I would say .But maybe also sexy in some way.It says> I am here, and I am good in every possible way. Why dont You try me ?

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Great smell...classic and professional...

thegadabout
thegadabout

Something I find remarkable and love about this scent is that it's somehow both icy cool and warm at the same time, which makes it perfect for winter in my mind. I don't know if it's the success of the marketing campaign or the actual smell, but it also reminds me of my mother as a young woman whenever I wear it. It's true that it can be overpowering, and if my stomach is slightly off one day I definitely do not wear it, since it exacerbates the nausea. The sillage is ridiculous- lasts all day long. I love this scent and people always compliment me when I'm wearing it- A lot of people think it's pretty unusual. But definitely heed the warnings about its strength.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I have always liked men's Eternity as a modern and fresh fragrance but never tried the women's version 'till 2011 and is amazing as well.
I received a samples and decided to try it out this morning. Within two hours, I had received more than 8 compliments on how great I smelled. I stopped counting after that.
This fragrance is crisp and feminine. It does not overpower. It's a light floral and yet, it hasn't dissipated like some light fragrances do. To me it smells so fresh and clean, the way a spring garden smells.
For my part, however, I really like this and do recommend trying it out before buying it because fragrances react differently to each person's individiual chemisty.

rissy76
rissy76

This is a fragrance I used in the 90's for over more than 4 years. For me that is exceptional. Now after 15 years I bougt a bottle without first sniffing again. I thougt if I don't like it to wear, I can use it as a sentimental fragrance just for the good old memories. I sprayed it on three hours ago and now after three whole hours a slowely starting to like it. For me it's a to strong and sharp flower scent.

babylima
babylima

the man version is so much better. actually eternity homme the org version is the only version i like frm eternity.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

Very green. More of how I would like a bathroom to smell at someone else's home than my body.

Another easy pass.

verysherry
verysherry

CK eTeRNiTY

The name suits the perfume as it stays on for eternity...
This is a Wintery Perfume for me as its too cloying...
Very strong and initially i got lots of Jasmine and then i remember nothing but a headache...
I sprayed this on my sweater wich was red in color and it made me think the red was tad too much though it wasnt...

Now after two days...I HAVE CLOVE fragrance in my sweater!!! Very medicinal and something that reminds me of a stern nurse... :/

alexanna7
alexanna7

a romantic perfume made of carnation,lily,lilies of the valley.some sandal wood,rose and violet.the green note is noticible as well.it's floral,green,woody,romantic,feminine and it last!

fumelover
fumelover

When this perfume first came out, I was all over it. Then, after a year or two I was truly over it. It was very strong and very recognizable. However, it lasted. Something you can't find easily these days, is a perfume that lasts.

The other day, I came across a small bottle of it and picked it up after 20+ years of not wearing it and it was like visiting an old friend. BUT, it's a very strong scent and there is something cloying about it that I can't put my finger on. You MUST wear this one lightly. If you do, it's gorgeous and lush. Slightly clean, in a "white floral" way but also slightly dirty/spicy. I sort of wish it was a little dirtier than it is, but it smells pretty much the same as I remember it. No big changes from when it first came out. I imagine that a bottle would last you quite awhile and it's affordable.. not in the high range.

It brings back a lot of memories when I wear it.

Aysu
Aysu

Back in early 90's, when I was student and had not enough money to buy designer perfumes, I was buying Oriflame products. For example, Volare was a perfect replacement for Tresor for me. And Oriflame used to have a perfume called "Enchantee" and I had it for a very long time, I was really enchanted with its smell :-) Spicy carnations & lily was just magical... I recently tried Eternity for the first time, and discovered that it is just like "Enchantee" Or should I say "Enchantee" was just like Eternity :-)))) It transported me to those student days, full of dreams about future, expectations, first love, disappointments, happiness. I just have to have it in my collection to smell those days

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

light, clean, and slightly spicy.

cleo cupcake

This is one fragrance in which the listed notes bear no relation to what I smell when this is on skin or in the air. Yes it is very strong and powerful but I smell an ozonic, uplifting brightness that fills me with optimism and joy. It's like being in the early summer sun on a beautiful promenade with a breeze off the ocean blowing through your hair. It's refreshing, reviving and make you feel glad to be alive. Whenever I see something listing 'solar notes'- whatever they are, I think of this. That anyone can get that from something in a bottle is one of the amazing mysteries of perfume. Obviously not to everyone's taste - but I will always have a bottle of this to lift my spirits when a grey day gives me the blues. Thank you Sophie G.- you are a genius!

itscaz
itscaz

you will either love or hate this perfume. I have be in a the right mood to wear it as it is very intense. Tends to smell better after a while as it warms to your skin. A bottle last ages as you don't need to use much.

Booogie
Booogie

Medicinal :( wanted to appreciate this scent somehow but it makes me nauseous.

lettyb76
lettyb76

I smelled Eternity on my mom and it smelled like cooked chili peppers to me. It's a good smell, but not something I would buy for myself.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Sometimes I like to do a ladies perfume review. So here we go....as sincere and `diplomatically correct` as possible:

The one side of me wants to shout out: " Is the crew of `The Golden Girls` in the nearby area"?!

But the nice guy in me sais: "This is a perfume for the more mature lady. The bottle and `image` is misleading I think. As it does not project the true personality of the fragrance.

The Carnation scent is very overpowering. So there is a strong elemnt of a "granny smell". And so what. Some older (and younger men)like the scent of tobacco in their winter scents and therefore why cant the older dame like carnation in their scents. But young ladies should stay clear of this one. Rather buy it for your mother- in -law if she is older than 33 or as a safe bet for nanna". x Marcel

teena724
teena724

I wore Eternity blended and layered with Romeo Gigli, Romeo Gigli for years. There was not a single day I was not complimented with "gosh you smell good" by perfect strangers. Sadly Romeo was discontinued and Eternity reformulated. I have mixed eternity with other frags and it seems to work .. On it's own, not my favorite. I like to mix it with spicey gourmands.

Still looking for that ONE Frag that does what this did as a layer to a beautiful ensemble.

hpvg
hpvg

One of my all time favorites. I will always have a bottle in my fridge collection (light & heat break down fragrance -- keep them fresh in your fridge if you have as many as I do)! Brings back so many memories and just smells so darn good! I don't know that it's what the "kids" are wearing these days, but I don't care. I will love this perfume for Eternity (OMG -- so sorry, couldn't resist). Also, sounds weird, but I love to go swimming in this perfume. It stays on and is very sexy once it's wet -- honestly. Try it! :o)

Ingrids
Ingrids

I finally had the opportunity to buy this one today, and i'm impressed. As Naheed did, I smelled it on so many people back then but had no idea that it was Eternity. A really really floral scent, and i love flowers!!! So this perfume is for me. The drydown is a little powdery, and i like that too. I'm happy with it :) Calvin Klein is a master.

Gembob85
Gembob85

I really did not like this, my sister brought it for me but as a fan of sweet, candy perfumes this is WAY to strong and my god it's very in your face lol. I gave it back to my sister who is older then me and loves it..so maybe that's saying something lol :) x

Nernanator
Nernanator

A lovely scent, forever ruined to me by the heavy-handed spritzing of my former (evil) mother-in-law.

Esta NM
Esta NM

its a very nice perfume....just wish it could last longer than i feel it does.im so enjoying it, i boost up the wear with the matching lotion..

Kharnak
Kharnak

Distinctive, Unique. Extremely Feminine and Balmy spicy Flowery Citrus. Some say Citronella, and i'd agree.
The Flower bouquet is a bit unique, for those of your fortunate to know what the individual flowers smell like. This is My mother's long-time favorite, and instantly strikes me with fond memories of the Winter. Against Fur coats and Crisp cold air.
Freesia, Narcissus, Heliotrope, Spicy Sweet Cinnamon/Orange, Lily of the Valley, Violet. These are the unique bouquet it has. It's harmonious and not overbearing. Powerful and long lasting, sophisticated. I wouldn't restrict the Age group on this. it turns my head.
PS: on a personal side thought, the Patchouli is VERY intensive, and i thought to myself... this is perhaps the Polar female opposite of my Favorite YSL Kouros. i could probably blend the two and comfortably wear them.

ION
ION

You don't have to check who's the perfumer behind this fragrance, it is evident at first smell!
While I don't particularly like it (there's something too traditional in the impression it leaves behind) I have to say it is nicely done, it makes a clear statement and yet it shares the same heart with many other perfumes from Ms. Grojsman.
How she manages to take the same core and then give it different nuances in order to express sensual romanticism (Paris), warm femininity (Tresor, Kashaya), a precious jewel (Bulgari pour Femme), traditionalism like in this one e.t.c. is beyond me.
I presume she only creates perfumes that describe herself and her different "facets" as a human being.
It is that simple.

Vanias
Vanias

Lovely one that I always used !!

I like this fragrance in general because I'm a big fan of a white lily scent and the lily note in this fragrance really reminds it!

This fragrance is very floral. It's light but intensive and even cloying at the same time. I think that it seems to me cloying because of the marigold note. I wish this fragrance was without it. But the lily note and the freesia note smell really nice.

Every time I wear it, people say: "What a gorgeous lily scent!" The sillage is truly amazing and its lasting power is really good!

Irishfire
Irishfire

Calvin Klein is one of my favorite fragrance houses. There's very little they've put out that I don't like, and Eternity is a classic. Green and floral, with just a slight note of cedar. To be specific, hamster bedding. I know that doesn't exacly sound like a glowing endorsement, but when you put it all together it's really lovely.

ana.fortunato
ana.fortunato

I like it. At beggining feels very strong first time I didin't like but after a litte time comes a great smell! Not too flowery,no girlish, no mature woman. Very soft every day using!

beatrix75
beatrix75

when first i tried it it vas before 10 years ago and then i become together vith my husbend!!!!now again i fell that i vant to feel this beutifull absolulty georges smell on me!!on my skin its something uniqe and excellent quality,i becam happy and like free but also melancolic ist pure and lillys and deep and dry .yeah best calvin klein

Jansik
Jansik

Another one to be added to 'Dislike' tab. I had a really small bottle about 8 years ago and I couldn't see what was so special about it. Some people say they can't stand Chanel 5, Eternity is probably something like this for me. Strangely enough though was that I always got complimented every time I wore Eternity. So maybe it's worth reviewing and giving it one more chance...

Celsius
Celsius

Honestly, this scent made me smell like a giant, moving, breathing sour plum...and I could still smell it upwards from 6+ hours...too loud for me.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mid-mature scent which does not last long...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-15 mins - Quite intense, perhaps too heavy to be considered a sporty frag, but has a similar scent to them with a heavier feel. Projection good

15 mins -1.5 hours - Turns more spicy and not sporty at all now. Nothing special, in fact very dull. Projection poor. Suprising as the name is big

1.5 hours - 6 hours - No projection at all, very close to skin, gets more spicier, there is really nothing good at all here. Very suprising that it fades so quick as I thought this was going to be good

Not for me

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

Loved this back in the 90's when it was so so popular.. (its like everyone you know knows this scent!)in fact I think I had finished up 3 bottles of this back then.."obsessed" with this scent? Maybe.. but today, it now gives me a headache. :(

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Smells exactly like window cleaning spray.
I don`t know what note that creates that feeling, but I often come across just that smell in perfumes. Very strange.

SandraV
SandraV

This goes on pretty strong with that typical 80s blast-even once it has dried down the silage is still pretty strong.The strange thing is that even with all the notes listed all I get is a very strong freesia....not much else.

naheed
naheed

Eternity was a name you could hear from everyone in the 90s in Pakistan. I smelled it on so many people back then but had no idea that it was Eternity. So finally tested today.

It's a beautiful scent and also unbelievable that it was launched in 1988, I always thought it as a launch of the 90s. Starts tangy florals and then slowly starts to settle beautifully. It's clean and fresh and the best is that it isn't over powering.

Longevity is 6+hrs.
Sophia Grojsman, you win!

MissLola
MissLola

Bought it today, after reading the good reviews here, without testing.

It is a strong one :P but i like it, it is verry fresh without anny sweetness, on me it is soft, like a fresh in sun dried towel. I have no recret at all!

I find this a little bit simmuler as Burberry Londen, but in Burberry you can smell a little of sweetness, in Iternity not.

I like Calvin Klein perfums, only one i don't care for and that is the CK one, it turns to citrussy on my skin.

A winner for me :)

NIDHI PATEL
NIDHI PATEL

OOH I AGREE WITH YOU PAVEL...I LOVE CARNATION.ITS DELICATE YET POWERFUL AT THE SAME TIME....

To me this is a classic heady floral, with a hit of spice thrown in. It's feminine yet not girly. On my skin it's reminiscent of Coty L'Effleur, formulated in 1907.

blackeyedhippy
blackeyedhippy

I agree that it is a little dull, but there is something in the mix that compensates for that. It is still definitelyt one of my favorites, I'm not into eternity moments as much, it smells a little generic.

kwarnst
kwarnst

Fresh and a little sharp in the opening, followed by flowery and slightly peppery/spicy. Lots and lots of carnations and roses, some lilies and a sharp note that reminds me of citronella.
In its drydown the fragrance gets sweeter and warmer, with a clear presence of sandalwood and musk.

The sillage and lastingpower are both very good. Use it with restraint since this fragrance is rather loud and in your face. I like to wear it every now and then but not too frequent and certainly not every day!
I prefer wearing this scent in autumn and winter.

pisces3774
pisces3774

I know people that wear this, I've smelled it a million times, and I've tried to like it. There is something in there that is AWFUL. Maybe marigold? Those seem as if they don't belong in a fragrance. I don't just dislike this, I detest it. It takes a lot for me to dislike a fragrance, I love so many and appreciate almost all. But this is one of the worst smells ever.

daliflora
daliflora

After a pretty good experience with Eternity Moment, I decided to try the original Eternity too, but I was disappointed. It smelled rather dull, and on the drydown it remembered me an insect repellent. Sorry...

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I was first given this perfume as a gift a couple of years ago (the EDP and body lotion in a gift set), having never smelled it before.

At first I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not, because it was radically different to everything else I owned, but after wearing it for a while I slowly fell in love with the scent, and I bought another bottle when I finished the first one.

The spiciness that comes through when I wear it is something I don't get from any other fragrance that I've tried. Also I love the blast of citrus scent that comes through in the first moments before it quiets down.

I'm a fan of CK perfumes in general and this is definitely one of the best.

Personally I prefer to wear this perfume in fall or winter, simply because the heavy carnation notes can become too much on a hot summer's day.

Overall for scent, sillage and value this fragrance is an 8/10.

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

Just read a review of Eternity Moment which prompted me to glance at the 'old' Eternity reviews and add my own for this standby in my collection.

Years ago when we were just starting out and my favorite (at that time) was Shalimar ('real' parfum) and it was usually out of my financial reach - I turned to Eternity for everyday wear. It certainly fit the bill !

I still find that the EDP and the body lotion layered is a wonderful fragrance.....the lotion smells exactly like the perfume and I recommend trying the lotion if you are not sure of the perfume or find the EDP a little off-putting. Also, same with Calvin's Obsession - the body lotion is great even if you might turn up your nose at the EDP.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Used to be my mother signature scent for years when she was really young and times ago she taked it back again. This one brings me sweet memories and the scent is really well done. The sillage is massive and the longevity is awesome. I think it`s for all ages . I remember I used to felt the perfume on her pillow when she went for the nightlife

Tsugumi_
Tsugumi_

Recently I feel a strange nostalgia coming me back to this classic scent. Eternity brings to me so many memories. Tender and strong, deffenitely a fragrance that you`ll never forget. I`ll purchase one more again and I`ll not regret :)

gigiletta
gigiletta

i am 40,and i am sure my generations have got lot of memories about this frag,it basicly pure floral but it is not ordinary,really unique.i never know i like it or now but always special for me.

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

This is a very nice, classic scent. It evolves quite a bit on me.

At first it is excruciatingly floral, which is nice on other people, but definitely not for me. It is very "thick" and lingers... it definitely has an earthy-green scent... not musky, but like a flowering plant.

The dry-down is so much better. It is so warm and comforting, not quite vanilla, not quite woods. It is very pleasant.

This is a perfume I would wear around family because it reminds me of my childhood.

fgamz
fgamz

not bad at all, smelt this on my sister one day and it was such a pleasant smell.. It smelt really fresh and for me it smelt like roses, must be the carnations but you can really smell the florals that come out of this..

The bottle is pretty basic and i think this perfume screams out elegance, def a 80s kind of classy woman would have worn this, not a girly girl perfume IMO but more of a mature minded woman that knows what she wants and will do what she can for it..

Overall i really really like this, im so fussy when it comes to perfume and hate it when people that dont know about perfumes buy me some for christmas or something but i got this for mothers day and im glad its a good match for me, so is my partner lol he would have been in a lot of trouble lol.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Well, I was in a disco on saturday night, and in the middle of the dawn a woman came to me and said:
- What's ur name boy?
I said:
- My name is Pavel, u smell very good!
And she said proudly:
- Really?! I'm wearing a perfume called Eternity- Calvin Klein.
I said:
- Great, I could identify the smell of carnations.
She said unhappily:
- What you said? Ur crazy, carnations are known as corpse flowers, it's a Calvin Klein.
I said:
- I know woman, but carnations smell very good, I like it...
She said out loud:
- NO, U wrong... I'm not smelling carnations...I don't want it...!

And she turn back and walked way, angry.

Well, women, listen (or read, whatever):
THE SMELL OF CARNATIONS IS GOOD, IS GOOD!
Don't get me wrong...

anton007
anton007

When a woman wears this perfume, it turns me on the most. I love it!!

Mandana
Mandana

Eternity is bold, strong, unrepentant; it smells of a breath of fresh air on a cold winter morning air mixed with an expensive soap or shower-gel and the drydown literally stays on for an eternity LOL. Maybe that is where the name comes from, as I cannot understand why the name Eternity should suit this scent. I dont get the citrus or the green notes though. The wearer is usually single, a power-suited woman in her early 30's who spends a good deal of time in meetings. She is not (yet) family-minded and is probably quite selfish, she is attractive and assertive, financially secure and independent, earning good money, and spending it only on herself, cars, clothes, expensive restaurant meals and taking spa weekend trips, staying in classy hotels, playing golf, and horse-riding. These are the things that this perfume conjures up for me at least. Eternity is not a romantic or emotional scent for me, but it does smell expensive and powerful, the right scent for a job interview but not the right scent for a casual dinner date!

PeachySunnyDays
PeachySunnyDays

If I were in a strident mood and had a very busy day rushing around I may find the frangrance a boost. But When relaxing it makes my eyes water and it chokes my throat and a headache then ensues!!

madhatter1
madhatter1

I agree with fahadmudassar, works for some not others. It can also be strong if its overapplied. Personally my chemistry worked better with other scents by CK such as truth, contradiction, eternity moment. I also like the CK 1 massage oil, nice.

pisyuchan
pisyuchan

classic and mature. the scent of musk and flora is really calming.

Piratka
Piratka

It's the scent of heaven. I really liked it.

Taliera
Taliera

I absolutely LOVED this floral bouquet on somebody else, but when I tried this fragrance on my skin it smelled like Marc Jacobs "Daisy" (which does nothing for me) except a little bit astringent, and slightly soapy. I wouldn't say that I dislike it, but there's something in there that just makes it annoying...

servana
servana

Sprayed it on today & in the bottle it smelled alright, but once I sprayed it on me it smelt terrible! However it's had a few hours to calm down & it smells better, but it's still not a nice scent. It smells like a mixture of dirt, fresh paper & gardening chemicals. I just don't like it. Smells like my childhood.

Bunnyface
Bunnyface

When I first got this scent I thought it was far too spicy and... almost bitter, I suppose. I can't tell if it's the carnation or not. I just smell green notes, rather stringent ones. Generally, I am good at picking out individual notes in something, but with this I get none of the flowers at all, none of the citrus. It's very strong, and to me it doesn't seem delicate at all. I agree with other reviewers: keywords are cold, sharp, strong. I especially agree that this feels more like something herbal or oriental than a floral.

I was going through some things today and felt like smelling it on impulse, though I'd obviously never had success with it. What a surprise! Still something strong and sharp and cold, but the green notes came through differently, and there was something lush in it. I hemmed and hawed about putting it on to see if I could wear it now, because I recalled how much I'd loathed it before and that it had had excellent lasting power (which is bad whe you want a perfume off you this instant!). But ultimately I did.

I don't know how to describe it. Ultimately, it's still very sharp and cold and dominated by green, but there seems to be a softer fog hovering over it at the same time, and the cloud is warmer than the main scent, with a little whiff of sweetness I've never smelled before. I definitely agree that this is not that floral. I feel like there's a bit of a duality to this perfume. On the one hand, the epitome of well-off upper-class white Western domesticity can certainly be found here, stifled florals and a strong clean scent in the foreground. It's certainly a very strong-willed scent and it could hold together a house and family if it wanted to. This perfume would be worn by a woman who knows her mind and shapes the world around her, not retreating into a fantasy of any kind (which may be why it's not for me; I'm the opposite).

But I feel like this scent is better framed as belonging outside of the Western world. It makes me think of Chinese mountains, green and foggy and humid, lush. It's still strong-willed, but a little wily and a little more unexpected. The surprising sweetness of this scent has to be sought out, in my opinion. It's there for those who look for it, but it's not going to happen otherwise.

Kiku
Kiku

I don't know why this is classified as a floral. To me it is a soft, light oriental. The opening is fresh, sparkling citrus. The heart is soft white flowers with just a pinch of spiciness. The drydown is a gentle mix of vanilla and sandalwood. Long lasting. 24 hours and a shower later I could still smell it. Eternity is nothing special, I don't feel compelled to wear it. But it's a nice extra for a perfume wardrobe.

viewdemonde

I put on Eternity earlier today after a shower and it's still there, pulsating away at oh, 8.45 tonight! Delicious dry-down!!!!!

viewdemonde

It's only taken me twenty-three years to discover this one! I guess I wasn't ready for it back in 1988. It's ravishing.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I loved the smell of Eternity (Men), so I decided to try the women's fragrance. It was awful, I could only detect a leaf like/grassy scent.

sofababe
sofababe

Eternity is an instantly recognisable scent, its unique, nothing else smells like it. I love it. I'm struggling to describe the fragrance tho, so difficult to pick out individual notes but I think for me I get carnation and narcissus, some spicy notes too. I would describe it overall as a cool, clean fragrance, not overly floral.

Sandralisa88
Sandralisa88

I love Eternity for eternity! Been wearing this for more than 10 yrs and still my love for Eternity is strong. One or two spritz is enough though and lasts the whole day even a couple of days! Though I don't wear it daily nowadays, I will still wear it when I have important functions to attend. This never fails to draw compliments, especially from men. One of the most beautiful scents!

fahadmudassar
fahadmudassar

Kind of perfume that you will love it or hate it.. no in betweenzzz

LuzForm
LuzForm

Calvin Klein Eternity has been around...forever? At least it feels like an eternity (yes, intended). I don't recall ever really smelling it or even wanting to try it. Since becoming interested in perfume I've wanted to sniff a unique scent not many people have experienced yet. Until one day, my mom came walking into my room smelling of pure rose. Mom! What are you wearing!? I love it! I always assumed CKE would smell heavy and woodsy just from the bottle alone; it looks like a corporate building. But looks can be deceiving, indeed.

prettyliscious
prettyliscious

I don't like the smell but I don't hate it either, it has a unique smell that is really overpowering, something that when you smell it, it lingers to your mind. Best described as mysterious & sophisticated.

yhu_myranda
yhu_myranda

love this one, so fresh not too flowery i think. my hubby luv it too

Miss_J
Miss_J

This is my mom's signature scent. When I was a little girl,I've always marvelled by the vast collection of perfumes that she had in her closet. She was a working woman, and she wore this scent to work. Just a few spritz and the whole room will be scented like a heaven full of flowers. But I like it alot. It mellows down to a soft green lily scent which is beautiful to my nose. But sadly this perfume reacts differently on my skin. I can't wear it like my mom. But still a beautiful scent. A classic.

Luluesq1
Luluesq1

I have smelled this in magazines and I was allured by the advertisements of love on the beach.But,man!!I just got a dose of it at the perfume counter and took home a sample on paper.Aweful-its so heavy and atrocious.Definately a love it or hate it fragrance.

i actually love this. its in my top 5. i love the cleaness of it and the hint of lily of the valley. i wear this to work, a couple of spritz will do. i always get compliments on it.

pinki
pinki

I'm getting a headache even just thinking about it. Not my taste at all.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

My goodness, Eternity is a loud, brash, and unapologetic floral fragrance. This is not for the faint hearted! Eternity comes out of the bottle as a spritz of instantly blooming rose, and let me tell ya, it is in your face. There are nuances of soap mixed in with this rose, as it becomes a merry go round of alternation between the two. Eternity does not vary from this composition much, as the development only becomes a whisper of said rose and soap into a floral musk. The scent reminds me of those old timey soaps in a basket that my mom used to keep in our bathroom as a decoration. But I appreciate it's longevity and sillage, and there are times that I actually like it. This is a fragrance that I can wear from time to time, maybe picking it up and wearing it every few months or so. Definitely not an everyday or even every month type of scent.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Eternity is a love or hate fragrance.

To my nose is very different and unique. It smells extremely sharp and green at first, then dries into cool floral skin scent, is very powerful perfume so one or two small sprays will be more than enough.

I think is on of the most interesting Green Floral Scent.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I have loved Eternity since it first came out! A beautiful, feminine white floral fragrance. It is a little on the green side, but I love that. Perfect for summer and day use, it does have a little tiny bit of spicy edge to it that make it even more pretty. Just lovely! Almost yummy even. I would love to find another fragrance to mix with it, because it's soft enough to probably mix, but the fragrance is so divine on it's own... don't know if I have the heart to try to mix it with another one. Maybe just a little, maybe I can mix it with Ombre Rose or Rumour, or if I am so bold, Angel.

rainydays
rainydays

Sour, sharp, overwhelming... all I can say about this is that I find it extremely horrible. It takes clean to a whole new level... not soapy clean, but more like chemical-y cleaning products. I like a few frags from the CK line (Euphoria, Beauty). This is not one of them!

mford89
mford89

This was way too sharp- smelled like vodka. Maybe I recieved an old product; but I didn't like this at all.

i actually smelled this on an older woman, and i thought it smelled so clean and fresh. i had to have it. well, that is exactly how it smells, fresh linens, a little citrusy, the lasting power is ok, not great, but this is really such a clean white perfume. one of my favorites now.

StarAnGeL
StarAnGeL

I remember this one from High school (1992). A friend of mine use to wear it all the time and smelled great. I bought one for myself and couldn't stand it. Now I own bottle and love it! It smells different on me now. I guess my whole chemistry changed over the years! But it is intense if you wear to much. I spray does it for me and it last all day. A nice clean smelling perfume. IMO! =o)

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Carnation is one of my favorite flowers, but to smell myself like carnation it never came to my mind. Maybe it's subconscious. I tested Eternity today. Lovely, unoffensive scent in general, but it made me feel older, like I was 25 years from now. It's kinda depressing. So I better put carnation in a vase, not on my skin. According to the ad it's for sure a scent for happy-married ones, not for those who still seek :-)

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Eternity= burning nose, stinging eyes, tingling brain, and tight chest.

A smell that accosts you from a mile away. And the closer you get to the source the less chance you have of not smelling like it.

norlyz
norlyz

i first smelled this on my aunt like 10 years ago when i was a kid and it was so unforgettable that i had to buy it myself! =)
it was like lying on the flower field and looking at the blue sky....

nanster
nanster

Carnation is one of my favorite floral smells, so why had I not appreciatied Eternity until now? It's one I smelled and wrote off years ago as too... I don't know, what was I thinking? Anyway, my husband bought a CK gift set for me recently, and I am really loving this smell. Spicy, woodsy, carnation. Not too sharp or too sweet.

fiori_bella
fiori_bella

OMGosh I spray this once, and it's on me ALL day long. It's very popular and people seem to be familiar with it, I like to wear it when I feel social.

justaname
justaname

hello there,

this smells clearly very strange. what s ennoying me is that it has a penetrating sourness to it which is dominating the whole thing. ( excuse me my english, it is not my native). If you try to analyse this sour smell, it has the strangest characteristic to remind you , .. indeed, of cloves, or of a lighter version of a clove: a kind of eucalyptus smell. And yes: it is truly a fantastic neutraliser for a heavy smokers area: after spraying the area does smell desinfected,it clears up the dust in the air. So yes: a very effecient desinfectant and no, not fitting in a perfume store.

romrom
romrom

I love this one, when I was 16 I saved and saved and bought the 3.4oz bottle.
I loved it because it was my first grown up perfume that I bought myself. I loved the way it made me feel, so grown up and beautiful. I bought this again last week ( I'm 30 now ) and all the great memories came back , I love smellind my wrist and getting a smile on my face .

Frostbyte
Frostbyte

I wore this over to my parents house once years ago, and my Dad said, "What is that smell? Please don't wear it over here it's choking me up and giving me asthma." I tried to like this scent, but gave up. Gave me a headache. I guess I won't be wearing it for all Eternity!

staceyluv
staceyluv

I love it. Wiil always remind me of the past times when my great uncle dan was around. (early 90s) and dang at all the comments! Eternity is impressionable to say the least, spicy, a bit provocative..as I wore it when I was 14! Lol my mom would snatch it fr me. Will buy a bottle soon, now 30

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Eternity attracted me while I was locking for my bridal scent. The name and the story behind this fragrance were obviously fitting the idea of romance and eternal love, so I gave it a trial.

The first whiff gives a sensation of spiced oranges with some flowers behind, but soon the freshness of oranges and greens float away to awake more prominent flowers, definately lilly of the valley, narcissus and carnation. Through all stages of development the carnation stays with you with leaving a hint of warm spiciness. The scent which stays in the end like forever with you is some powdery white floral whith the carnation adding an interesting spiciness.
Like some very expensive soap and fragrant powder.

It's definately a very romantic scent and NOT dated, unless you'd call every parfum that's not fitting the generic-floral-fruit-punch bill dated...

I wear this one in autumn and winter, sometimes on cool spring days, its general warm cleanliness is something I espescially appreciate in colder seasons when snuggling up with cozy scarfs. Everytime I get a whiff of fragrant warmth in the cold I feel instantly heart warmed and hugged.

Another positive aspect I love about Eternity is its lasting qualities, one spritz is enough to give you a fragrant aura you still feel on the next day.

Girls accustomed to some flowery-fruit-water fragrances should keep in mind less is more, or you're surroundings will scream HEADACHE for sure. But if dosed little it's a very lovely and romantic floral with a twist.

DriHonne
DriHonne

I got a sample of Eternity and at first it was placed in `i do not like it ` list. However I tried it yesterday again and I have to say I did like it. I am not in love with Eternity but it did not make me feel sick this time. Staying power is great. I spritzed it yesterday afternoon and still could feel it this morning. I have to see whether the sample will be enough or if I have to get a 100 ml bottle... lol.

ask4fahad
ask4fahad

i can see the stats there are many people who dislike it but i dont know y this scent has always seduced me

adele l
adele l

Wow just wow- i've only tried this as part of a coffret recently. When i was very young everyone was wearing it and it smelled aquatic and clean back then..but it's different from what i recall. It really is very floral (honeysuckle? mimosa?) and aldehydic but not too soapy on me. Very fresh, very unique, and very strong but not spicy on my skin. Just didn't properly respect it before -would recommend using a small dose!

RobbieX
RobbieX

It's simply a classic, gorgeous, long lasting, women's scent!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I first smelled this on a glamourous friend of my mums (now sadly gone)and fell in love with it. At the time it had a really 'new' smell and without all the unisex blandness of the 'one/l' eau d'issey' brigade later on. I still think it's unique, feminine, restrained but cosy and quite beautiful, I wore it for a few years and liked it but always end up back with orientals, at the end of the day. If 'dated' means not smelling like candy floss then hey- bring back the oldies!!

sofiii
sofiii

Eternity starts with lovely cough syrup(in a nice subtle way), sweet rich YSL-Paris-style rose, with a touch of clove-like spiciness. It is just so Sophia Grojsma.

Later on, I can smell the spicy floral combo, which is really weird in an amazing, unusual way. It is big, bald, with a little bit glamorous touch, really 80’s.

Later on it dries down to something really nice, spicy floral, still has the heart, but tamed, wind-down, with a little bit bee-wax kinda hint.

Eternity wasn’t an instant like, due to some weirdness there, but I know I don’t repel it the way I hate some weird plastic odd synthetic notes. This is the second time I tried this perfume on, and I like it a lot. I appreciate the weirdness in this perfume; I don’t mind have a sniff once a week. However, I wouldn’t recommend this perfume to most young 20-something’s. It has a certain vintage feel to it, might be hard to pull off in a 20-something’s regular day.

sophieeliza
sophieeliza

reminds me of rosewater. it was the first high-end scent i ever had, bought for me as a gift, and i wore it all the time. love it.

cisco
cisco

I like Eternity. To me, it opens with a giant blast of cloves. Okay, it has no cloves. I still smell cloves. I think my chemistry is amplifying the sage, mandarin, and citrus. That must be the reason for the clove scent. I love spicy scents but did not expect to have Eternity be spicy. I am a big fan of CK. I don't know how long Eternity will last so I will be back with further info. To be continued.....

I wore this a few days ago and the clove odor started getting to me. It is now removed from my "Love List". Why in the world does it smell so strongly of cloves?

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This gem takes some getting used to. I have never smelt anything quite like it and at first my nose rebelled against the onslaught of so much sensation all happening at once. In fact, I am totally bemused as to how to describe it as none of the notes seem to distinguish themselves. There is just an overall impression of huge *floral* with a hint of leafiness whiffling past upon the breeze.

Eternity sits nicely on my skin, it's texture is somewhat soapy, very clean, smooth and comforting.

Like others here, I do find it tends to bring me towards headaches so despite being so unusual & appealing, I doubt my ability to wear it.

dizzy
dizzy

I love this perfume! It has such a lovely smell. But don't wear too much of it. It's kind of strong, so a little splash will do. It's too bad for those people that love the scent, but it doesn't go well on their skin.

ronnieroo88
ronnieroo88

I want to love this perfume because it smells great on many people and I adore the message/ feeling that in conveys...

Unfortunately on my skin it turns very peppery and unpleasant :( almost like I'm wearing a light men's cologne. Perhaps is the sage/marigold/carnation? I see no peppers or spices listed in the notes so I don't know what could be causing this reaction.

goddessella
goddessella

i'm super in love with this perfume. i have a full size bottle i've just opened and already i'm thinking of getting a back up

bastakesh
bastakesh

just get this yesterday, when i first try it, i feel sudden headache..i'm thinking, well maybe it's because i haven't eat..
then i take a bath and try it again..and again sudden headache..
strange, because i really fond of this perfume when i'm in junior high :( but all i get now is a juice that smell like a bug-spray and give me headache when i first spray it..

but it does smell really soft and nice after few hour..

i try to spray it in the air, and it gives you a feeling like sitting in a sunny morning in a flowers garden,,with a mist of relaxing and elegant scent..

so i thought, well maybe it works and spray it on my wrist,,but again headache bug-spray came :(

well, maybe the perfume hate me right now, i will try to understand it more so we can be friend,,but then again instead of torturing myself trying so hard to love this juice that give me headache..maybe i should just give up and find other friend..

cassio
cassio

I love this scent in a women, very attractive and feminine. Hey girls, don't be bothered about if it's dated or not. When it is a great scent like this, it is just classic.

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

THIS IS AN AMAZING PERFUME...I LOVE THE CARNATION NOTE WHICH IS VERY PROMINENT HERE!
IT IS DEEP, GREEN AND FRESH!
VERY GOOD STAYING POWER AND SILLAGE!

jazzgoddess
jazzgoddess

Ever since I smelled this perfume - instant headache and it still provokes it every time I smell it....it's like Kryptonite for me...ditto Escape - I really despise those sharp smelling perfumes...

zvoncica
zvoncica

I believe that it takes time and experience to comprehend and love this special Klein`s child. Eternity is aristocrat on velvet throne. The landlord of cold flowers, frozen back in time and memory. It is post N5 era of aldehyde and soap scents revelation.

I see Eternity as new age classic, demanding, not easy to wear and kind of oldish. Yet, has impeccable personality, lasts for hours and deserves to be respected. I could never wear this, still hope fragrance industry will make more mind bogglers like Eternity in future.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Wonderful!
Perfect to day by day!
Eleganceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I love it!

marztor
marztor

Judging by previous comments I am not the only one but this perfume just does not work for me. From the 1st spray all I get is floral, floral, floral. Then after about 10 minutes all you can smell off me is rancid florals which is not good.
However when my friend wears it I can easily distinguish each of the notes.
To be honest I'm just jealous because it smells so nice on her but does not work for me at all.

scentnovicegal
scentnovicegal

i would say i have a love hate relationship with Eternity. I love the sage and the citrus in the beginning. I find the heart really interesting(good) unlike any thing i have ever smelled but the musky musky end does not work for me.

cleo cupcake

I love this perfume! I always find it refreshing and uplifting. To me it smells fresh and cool, like a breeze off the ocean. I do seem to smell something different to other people, judging by the opinons on it - and I confess that apart from sage I could not pick out any of the elements in the notes but isn't that what makes fragrance special? The individuals response is so personal and sometimes inexplicable. Others may hate but I shall always turn to this fragrance when I want to lift my mood and give myself a rush of confident energy

rubitta
rubitta

when i used this perfum , i was not feel comfortable maybe it was not my style , but usually i choosed the same notes but this was didnt match with me lot of people like it when i used it , but me no i didnt like .
i used it before 2 years

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I tried and I tried and I tried again...and I just cant' LIKE this one. I feel like I should apologize for that, but don't know who I would be apologizing too, so...
This seems to smell better on everyone else but me. The best I ever smelled it was in the late 80's...A pretty, young, hotel clerk was checking us into our room in Boston. It smelled so florally-warm on her. And since it is so easily recognizeable, I knew which perfume it was...purchased a bottle based on smelling it on someone else. On me, it just smells like plastic-powdery-flower overkill. Darn.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I can't give an impartial judgment to this one: one of my closest friends used to wear it, so every time i smell it, i think of that person))anyway, there's hardly any one who is not familiar with this frag: it's very flowery and one must be very careful not to overdo with it, otherwise it gets unbearable)
if using just a little bit - it gets magnificent, kinda sweet and fresh))I actually got many complements by wearing this frag; my ex-boyfriend was crazy about it!

Continuing my stroll down Calvin Klein memory lane, I am currently ensconced in ETERNITY, another no-holds-barred, super-sillage, *very* floral floral by Sophia Grojsman.

Like PARIS (also a Grojsman creation), ETERNITY is a veritable flowerbomb (a name that would have been most apt for either of these two fragrances, among others launched about the same time...). But here the rose does not dominate, and is even downplayed, next to an assortment of other multicolored flowers that really do drown out most of the nonfloral elements from beginning to end.

Although I managed to drain a couple of bottles of ETERNITY, today I am wondering how I accomplished such a feat. It may be that during the decade in which it appeared, along with other super-sillage florals such as SUNG, CABOTINE, PARIS, AMARIGE, TRESOR, etc., there was a lot of Y2K anxiety in the air, and people were truly worried that they might have to get by with a single bottle of perfume for the rest of their life. These perfumes take the notion of "signature scent" to a whole new stratum, verging closer to "tattoo".

Yes, this is a strong, in-your-face floral that cannot really be underapplied. ETERNITY incessantly, persistently presents itself to the wearer's mind (and that of all those in the immediate vicinity). The flowers are pretty, if a tad synthetic, but the sillage is almost suffocating. A further problem, idiosyncratic to me, is that I detect clove here somewhere, though it is not listed in the notes. For several years now, I have found the pronounced scent of clove--whether real or perceived--to be very difficult to endure.

Still, ETERNITY holds a place in my heart, as I really did like it, for a time.

Sissi
Sissi

Calvin Klein's Eternity is the cooly
reserved younger Sister to Obsession
but neverless a simply Elegant Monocrome
Shaped Bottle the best bottle design in
my collection in my opinion.
but the scent is a mixure of menthol
& powder. which is not my favorite
perfume but not the worst and i think
it smell to synthentic. to be my Favorite.

brickbird
brickbird

I like Eternity. It is a perfume I like to turn to time after time. Especially during springtime. It is kind of playful, feminine, warm.

rithacha
rithacha

The Calvin Klein perfume line just doesn't work for me. Out of all the ones I've tested, I've only liked Obsession for Men, and Truth is barely decent. This is all in my own opinion, but Eternity reminds me of why I like to stay far away from CK fragrances.

The sage in the opening is adorable, but it's annoying how blatantly synthetic the green notes are. I find it obnoxiously soapy and in-your-face. Compared to the green notes in O de Lancome, Eterniy smells more like hand sanitizer than a brush of myriad grasses and herbs. Also, is there no mint? My poor nose might be confused, but I pick up something vaguely minty and cool . . . a segue into a frosty floral heart that is ok, I suppose. The lilies and violets are nice, supported by something that smells like charmomile (??). Floral floral floral down to a musky musky base. Nothing terribly groundbreaking here.

One thing that *is* interesting (besides the unrepentantly chemical opening) is the temperature of the fragrance. It's ice cold!! It's very very cooling, if you know what I mean. Not citrusy, but rather minty and chilly, like a refrigerated glass of earl tea. If (ignoring the opening) I were to imagine a lady who carries this, she would be serene, not sweating under her full business-suit on a hot day, cool hands. Air-conditioned.

Puma
Puma

It's really stong, floral and a little bit spicy fragrance. It cheers me up:)

Fragaria
Fragaria

I want to get some of this. I just smelled it for the first time. I feel it as a very proper and feminine fragrance. I bet Samantha Stevens wore this! It's just that clean. A scent an executive's wife would wear!

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I used to wear this one in my 20s but I don't love it as much as the notes say that I should! It's my best friend's signature scent though and I love it on her, floral with a quirk. Think it must be one of those chemistry things...
Also it doesn't last on my skin. It's so strange the way longevity of perfumes is different on everyone's skin.

IamWoman
IamWoman

I bought this fragrance yesterday. I tried it today. I am returning it tomorrow. This overbearing scent smells like cheap hair shampoo on me, plus it gives me a headache!!! Sorry...this one definitely goes back!

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I haven't worn this perfume in twenty years; I'm testing this from a bottle that a family member loaned to me. It's an older version of this perfume, in the typical big, rectangular bottle. It's pale yellow in color and it's labeled "Eternity Cologne", with a stopper that you use to dab the perfume onto the body.

The first few seconds are pure rubbing alcohol, likely due to the age of this bottle. Then it's all citrus. I didn't smell orange, but rather something closer to grapefruit. It was quite pleasant and refreshing.

After a few minutes, the florals appear. First, daffodil: I didn't smell the scent of a daffodil flower, but rather the earthy and weirdly oily smell of daffodil pollen. There's a bit of bitterness/bite from the marigold, but that's fleeting. Eventually the florals meld into soft roses and peppery carnation. It's not overly sweet on me, though. It's just pretty, a soft feminine scent.

The dry down, however, faded to a barely there clean washed skin smell, with just the hint of rose. This bottle yielded a very pretty scent, but after fifteen minutes, it's barely discernible. I'll have to pick up a little EdP Mini to see if it vanished because of the age of this bottle, or because that's the nature of this perfume's dry down. I don't mind it, though- it's nice to know of a subdued floral that is appropriate for everyday wear.

All in all, Eternity is a very pretty floral that I remember fondly from my teen years.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

I wish I liked this perfume. It´s such a classy scent, but it just does nor smell right on my skin.My sister has been wearing Eternity for years, and it smells absolutely wonderful on her. I guess it really depends on your own body chemistry.

cinamatic
cinamatic

I love the smell of Eternity. I wore it from when it launched (the sample page in Elle magazine left the room smelling so wonderful that I bought some) for a good few years and now it has a nostalgic appeal to me.

I wouldn't wear it all the time - I think it's quite strong, something I didn't mind in my teens/early twenties but now I prefer something more subtle for during the day.

I would wear it on occasion in the evenings.

I recommend the EDT spray rather than the perfume that you dab - I had that and it went off quite quickly.

Many years ago Eternity has been my signature scent for about 3 months, so not a long lasting signature!
It was a new kind of scent then and I happily jumped into the stream!
My ex bf liked it on me and this was a plus.
It is a very grren type of fragrance but very very tenacious! I was not used to that kind of fixing for such a fresh fragrance. It smelled very "American" if it makes sense, a little bit in the Tommy Hilfigher line.
I smell green, citrus and flowers throught the duration of on skin without great changes.
I smell mandarine, lily-of-the-valley and lightweight patchouli, but I missed the other notes. Honestly I think that notes listing gives just an idea of how the actual scent is. Most of the time they look all similar, yet fragrances are so different.
Anyway after 3 months I grew tired of this invading scent, green and clinging to everything. It was nice but too aggressive. This happen to me with all Calvin Klein fragrances. I quickly become tired of them and after a while they hit me on my brain.
I left the little rest of the bottle to a friend. A nice and then innovative scent anyway. The bottle is essential and elegant.

Pandemonium
Pandemonium

A tender, delicate smell. Not overly sweet, but definatley a floral scent. Perfect for women of all ages - I could picture my fifteen year old sister and my eighty year old grandmother wearing it. After the opening sweet notes have dried down, a spicier, calmer tone takes over. The sweet almost disappears, leaving a very light note of heliotrope, combined with strong carnation. Might not be everybody's taste, so be careful if you decided to give it as a gift:)

Sassy1
Sassy1

It starts out very sweet with an almost vitamin smell in the background which I think is from the sage. No citrus or green notes. It then settles into sweet violets. That's it so far. Way too syrupy for warm weather and could give you cavities if you wear it enough.
It reminds me alot of Volupte, without the pretty sparkly fruit accord.
This one's a no for me.

Dawnie
Dawnie

Eternity starts off well. It's lush and sweet and promises to be a favourite, but over time I found I used it less and less. Its empty somehow. There's something missing. It's not a stayer.

truffles
truffles

I think this smells horrible and I really can't work out why anybody would like it. Just one big strange fake horrible smell, yuck.

perfeminine87
perfeminine87

Very floral and sharp. Speaks volumes of feminitity in a classic way. I think this is for a middle-aged or older woman which is fine because I don't mind older scents. I like it but definitely not my favorite. On me it smells green and I can really pinpoint the fressia. I'm in love with the drydown.

I couldn't get over how sweet this fragrance was when I first applied it to my skin. I had expected something crisp and fresh, however what I got was something entirely different, very flowery and green.

Eternity is rather soft and musky, yet quite classic and somewhat formal. In my personal opinion, I'd find this scent a little too strong for casual wear.

I applaud Calvin Klein for creating a scent that would have easily re-defined fragrances in the 80's. Compared to the other scents from this decade, Eternity would have been a breath of fresh air. However, I must add that back then, and even today, Eternity is not a fragrance that will appeal to everyone.

I particularly like the drydown which consists of a soft, flowery, clean skin-scent which really compliments my skin chemistry.

My only criticism was that I found Eternity to smell rather similar to laundry detergent. It had that all too familiar crisp, clean, white shirt scent that for me seems a little bit predictable and common.

ParfumOui
ParfumOui

Could not stand the smell. It's not the worst perfume out there but just goes to show that just because its a designer perfume doesn't automatically make it good.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

My absolute favorite CK fragrance! It's a light floral with a sweet undertone. Very nice for day or night!

DC-8
DC-8

Got this for my mother, as her favorite. Anyways, she likes it but also comments that it used to vanish quickly. I saw she was right, unfortunately.

Such a nice perfume and lack of longevity... CK needs to employ some more professional chemists or do something with product line, I guess! :-)

gucci
gucci

Eternity is a very sweet but floral fragrance for women.At first spraying it floral and a bit citrusy and the middle notes get very sexy and exotic.But after a while the base notes starts to get unisex

abigailmarie
abigailmarie

I love this one, but unfortunately it does not smell good on me. On certain people, like my aunt who wears this as a signature scent, it is fantastic. On me however, smells awful and too musty. I like the top notes on this one. If it smells good on you, than go for it!

mihaeka
mihaeka

This one is...all about love, addictive and misterious for eternity.

ariadna
ariadna

To me this fragrance is light,flowery,fresh and sweet and also my personal favourite fragrance Calvin Klein.
It's an absolutely gorgeous perfume!

falovalo
falovalo

I had an english teacher in the 7th and 8th grade who wore this. And i didn't like her very much. So, unfortunately this reminds me of her. Even so, it has a slightly smokey aspect about that I could never reconcile myself with. Its not particularly girly, but I suppose it would suit a confident and self assured woman.

michellehii
michellehii

A gift I got from friend.

I can't wear this perfume!It gives me headache everytime. I hate the smell. But I do realise this perfume smell nicer and softer after like an hour, when it dries. But I just can't stand the strong smell it gives on top. What note is that?? I don't know, I just dislike.

randik
randik

I think that this has to be Calvin Klein's impressionistic masterpiece. It is very complex, indeed. The way it passes through different stages so effortlessly and beautifully is just amazing. It doesn't fade or turn into something foul, it just shifts between one layer of flower to another perfectly. The perfume is everything I associate with romantic and classic - and has a staying power few perfumes can match. A true winner.

emily1981
emily1981

I bought this because its considered one of the classics. What do I have to say about it? YUCK Gave it to a friend who loves it.

junior halston
junior halston

This scent reminds me of college senior year. Calvin totally summed up the end of an era the 80's and the beginning of a new outlook.

I graduated in 1990 and times were changing from the earlier days of greed and over want those values were starting to fade out. AIDS was a new great fear on everyone’s mind and safe sex if any was the way.

It was the end of college and youth for now was time to join the full time working world and leave the rambunctious years behind. Every girl on campus was ditching their Obsession and Poison for a fresh relief. Eternity brought it all together like an old fashion bouquet of flowers with a modern twist. Though in those early 90's they still had not learned that fragrances don't have to be that strong to make an impact.

veruska
veruska

Eternity brings great memories from my days on university. It was a man magnet, and even some of my proffessor's commented on it. Test it again i can see how loud it is( I wasn't aware of that back then) . But as this is a Sophia Grosjman perfume it makes sense. She Knows how to make radiant scents. Now i see it as bighearted camp, a delightful fairytale of love-conquering-all( See the whole campaign, perfume, ad photos etc). A warm tribute to the suburban girl, exhilarating, hilariously sad and beautiful crafted. The citrus and the very spicy spring floral,the powder of the violets that enters the picture in the middle notes, hand in hand with a dewy honeyed white blossom and a bit high pitched sandalwood end. i still find it as easygoing and crystal clear except of the drydown that seems a bit more forced. After all it belongs to my youth and nothing can change that!

Very pretty. Soft, faint musky floral without the cloying clump of icky vanilla a lot of musk/floral blends rely on. Nice. The sample didn’t last at all for longevity.

katyas
katyas

While this perfume smells OK, I don't much like it - it is too ... too much like everything else. I don't like the citrus scent at the top or the powdery finish, and these overwhelm all other fragrance notes on my skin.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

When I first smelled this one, it reminded me of cherry popsicles! lol
I loved it, as it took me to my childhood instantly when I smelled it. I believe its the carnation and patcholli in the end for me. I like it and have not thought of this one in YEARS!!! its a classic, and I think its fine time we bring these oldies but goodies back into rotation.

So I will be purchasing this one this weekend for sure!

Thanks Calvin :-)

laurel0000
laurel0000

Someone once dumped a bottle on my doorstep as a prank b/c everyone knew how much i hated this scent. Is it the carnation, or the heliotrope?, I don't know but it's bitter, pungeant and tooooo strong. I smell NO wood whatsoever, but I am a wood fanatic which is maybe why this scent doesn't work for me. I get headaches if I'm around it too long.

PR
PR

I've never smelled a flower garden here, rather synthetic but tempting product of some unknown and strange alchemy..

I like it a lot, but enjoy more smelling it occasionally from the bottle. I find it difficult to wear, especially when indoors, slightly too sharp and bitter. It is ideal for my taste after about 10hrs.. I would be really indescribably happy if this scent would be a little down key..

essija
essija

This was a nice scent, yes it can be overwhelming if sprayed too much. Its perfect for everyday and I got a lot of compliments. It just didn't have that WoW quality for me. I ended up giving mine to my step daughter.. Maybe more popular with younger girls.. I needed something more unique.

Malegria
Malegria

Eternity is meant to be used in micro doses...Only then it reveals itself as it is - the wonderful watercolor painting of a beautiful flower garden. It reminds me Paris by YSL in it`s base, but Eternity is more bitter and sharp. The marigold heart of a perfume is adorable, and I feel roses all the time I wear it.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

A light application of this perfume is a must. I like this perfume very much although it does not smell like anything natural if that makes sense. I suppose the word I'm looking for is synthetic... But I love how big, loud and proud it is-there really is no ignoring Eternity. I think it has got a bit of a bad rap over the years as one can admit it is somewhat dated. But I can honestly say that this is the perfume that I wear that gets the most compliments from men...The staying power is absolutely amazing. It is clean scent and should be worn when you want to get attention.

loretta
loretta

great fragrance, but I can´t stand it on hot days... strong , long lasting, very good

Aalia
Aalia

This perfume smells similar to the smell of biology class. This perfume has the
smell of the giant buckets of animals preserved in formaldehyde for dissection in biology class. It has been 20 years since the perfume debuted and I was in biology class, and to this day I cannot shake the familiarity, connection, and similarity of these two scents.

Lisa
Lisa

Este perume es un clásico de clásicos, nunca cansa y es al mismo tiempo casual y especial. Me encanta, siempre hay que tener uno de estos en casa.

tasha0705
tasha0705

well, this is a beautiful perfume, for extraordinary women, those you crave for, but can only watch from a distance...It is much different than all the other scents, because it almost doesn't change on my skin. It is cold and yet extremely attractive, intriguing...I wore it on my wedding day and felt like our love would last forever...

LORENA
LORENA

beautiful flowers and strong mandarin orange, I wear it once a month, usually on windy days. I like it better in the air than on my skin, not suitable on hot days I think, but a great perfume

perfumista
perfumista

I love it on others, but after a while it does give me a headache. so I couldn't wear it...

amanda
amanda

its a beautiful scent, when it dries down it smells like the perfect perfume, when i smell this i have to wonder where this wonderful smell comes from, then i realize it was me.
its quite a strong perfume still being delicate and tender. but dont put on too much,

Halvah

I still love it. Maybe it behaves just the opposite way on different skins. When I wear it I feel that the world is just beautiful.

aroma-ga
aroma-ga

i like this perfume, and it don't smels like a baby pawder:) it's so fresh, and the flowers there very beautiful

Nuppu
Nuppu

Classic and somehow crystal clear scent. For me this is everything right, nothing bothers, beautiful flowers just right way, great lasting power, and always make me feel good. True love with this one.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I love it! Everytime I smell it. It makes me feel happy.

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

When it dry, i think it quite nice. the flowery scent appeal nicely slight warm and strong. But i'm not prefer to use it in my casual time

Halvah

When I first tried it, I hated it too. Carnation is definetely not my flower, and I felt it's smell annoying, depressing. A few years later, without coming across with it, but reading a lot of compliments, I started to long for it, and bought a small bottle. Now this is one of my favourites. It's very sophisticated, excellent quality and unique, even if popular and well-known, often-worn. Improves my mood when I'm happy and qualm, but sometimes it makes my depression even deeper when I'm upset. It really lives - I would assume.

Eternity by Calvin Klein 3.27 out of 5 based on 2238 ratings and 316 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.33oz
ETERNITY AQUA for WOMEN by Calvin Klein EAU DE PARFUM ROLLERBALL MINI .33 OZ UNBOXED
Eternity Perfume by Calvin Klein, .5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unboxed for Women
ETERNITY for WOMEN by Calvin Klein EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Eternity Aqua Gift Set by Calvin Klein Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion .33 Mini EDP Roller Ball
Gift Set 1oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz Hair Body Wash 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
ETERNITY AQUA for WOMEN by Calvin Klein EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
ETERNITY AQUA for WOMEN by Calvin Klein SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.7 OZ ROLLERBALL .33 OZ
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz Luxurious Shower Gel 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
Gift Set 1oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Eternity Gift Set by Calvin Klein Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 6.7 oz Body Lotion .33 oz Mini EDP Spray
Zappos.com
Calvin Klein - Eternity by Calvin Klein Fragrance EDP 1.7 OZ Spray No Color - Beauty
BeautyBar.com
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau de Toilette Spray For Women
Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua Eau de Toilette Spray For Women
Zappos.com
Calvin Klein - Eternity Women's Summer N A - Beauty
Calvin Klein - Eternity Women's Summer N A - Beauty
Gift Set 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Travel Edition Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Deodorant Stick 75g 2.6oz 2pcs
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 25th Anniversary Edition 100ml 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Eternity Eau De Parfum Spray 25th Anniversary Edition 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Eternity fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Eternity, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eternity by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eternity by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.