Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Eternity Purple Orchid Calvin Klein for women

Eternity Purple Orchid Calvin Klein for women
dislike

almond
Eternity Purple Orchid Calvin Klein for women Pictures Eternity Purple Orchid Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Eternity Purple Orchid by Calvin Klein is a floral woody musk fragrance for women. The noses behind this fragrance are Pascal Gaurin and Sophia Grojsman. Top notes are floral notes, fruity notes, green notes and water lily; middle notes are plum, freesia, white peach, heliotrope and orchid; base notes are woodsy notes, almond and musk. Eternity Purple Orchid was launched in 2003.

Floral Notes Fruity Notes Green Notes Water Lily

Plum Freesia White Peach Heliotrope Orchid

Woodsy Notes Almond Musk

Eternity Purple Orchid Fragrance Reviews

Valerie K
Valerie K

Hello, Perfumistas!! Just curious - do any of you seek out knock-offs of your favorite no-longer produced scents (I do not mean to insult anyone, but I thought I'd ask)?

vv1978
vv1978

I have yet to enjoy one female CK fragrance. Although not mentioned in notes, there is a heavy synthetic smell mixed with talc that never leaves any of the CK femme perfumes on the dry down. So sad cause this one at first is quite beautiful! Seems that the mens CK scents never affect my gag reflex like the female ones. Anyone else have this reaction? I worked with so many women in the 80's who bathed in Obsession then the 90's with Eternity moving on to Angel in the 21st century ugghhh some of the worst headache gagging perfumes ever!!!

Dominic80
Dominic80

I just love how Heliotrope gives that slightly refined sensuality, that powdery cool that only great everlasting scents are able to get into your skin, influencing your mood, your senses, every little detail of the person you are when you are at your best!

allsmiles3
allsmiles3

My all time favorite and now it's being discontinued. This scent makes me feel amazing. I get lots of compliments on it. I wear it during the day and night. And find it fine for summer, autumn and winter. It's decidedly not a springtime scent (IMHO). It's got a powdery, floral start that's balanced with fruit. The drydown is my favorite part, warm and comforting.

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

Such a beauty! CK scents don't usually do much for me, nor do they usually last on my skin for more than a few moments.This one though is love, and lasted for hours, so of course it is discontinued..so sad!

NokturnaPulse
NokturnaPulse

I'm in a purple haze of eternity as we speak. It's floral, it's musky without being overpowering. I just can't stop sniffing myself. <3

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A purple darling and a wonderful flanker that actually smells very little like the original Eternity - which is a good thing since having the same perfume re-created over and over again is a bit pointless.

When applied it bursts out in green notes and lots of florals, not in an overly floral way but in a warm, sensual way. I guess its due to the woodsy and musk note that almost immediately join the "purple" bouquet of flowers that unfolds.

Halfway before the dry-down I smell something light and breezy (water lily?) and a hint of fruit that compliments this elegant, and fresh fragrance very well.

A sensual and somewhat heavier formulation than the original Eternity. More suitable for evening wear. Elegant and sexy in a sophisticated way.

Silage is: "elegant warm florals are all around me" - Longevity is great: 7+ hours of purple flower haze. If you can still find it try it. It's an Eternity reminiscent scent with a darker, warmer and sexier twist.

sweetascandy
sweetascandy

love it my all time favorite...too bad its discontinued.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Half of the wondrous experience of Purple Orchid is the beautiful bottle it comes in. I only have a mini bottle, but it is a lovely, royal purple, an electric purple that makes one feel almost regal with it on their bathroom counter. The juice itself is lush and aggressive at first spray, and surrounds the wearer in a fruity, musky, cloud of sheer enjoyment. I can detect the same fruity and woody accords found in Mugler's Womanity when I wear this, especially the longer I wear it. Plums and pure clean soap, as well as a slight nuance of orchid venture in and lead the way to a slightly tart drydown. Like most of Calvin Klein's fragrances this is not something I could wear everyday, but when I do, I really enjoy it.

aquinnah
aquinnah

The purple hue of the bottle is simply captivating.i would love to own it if only just for the rich purple.

knittern
knittern

I absolutely loved this perfume! I have been so disappointed that CK discontinued a perfect fragrance! Every time I am in a store and make comment about Purple Orchid, everyone just moans and agree's that it was a wonderful fragrance and that CK always discontinues it's best fragrances! Wish they would bring it back!

Eternity Purple Orchid is really nothing like the original Eternity. This flanker is not so clean and flowery, in some ways it seems darker and more unique.

I was initially struck by how sweet and plummy the scent was. It was somehow rich and dramatic, yet light and airy at times. I enjoyed it because it had this interesting sensual and fruity soapiness, which was rather difficult to describe.

The fruit notes, like the peach and plum are quite candied and jam-like, so when blended with the soft, soapy floral accords, Eternity Purple Orchid smells like a watered-down, flowery gourmand. If that is even possible. I guess the almond and vanilla notes towards the drydown further my opinion.

Despite being a confusing fragrance to my nose, it was one that I quite liked. For the first few hours I couldn't stop smelling it. At times it can be a little chemical smelling and bland, but when compared to other Eternity flankers, this fragrance fares quite well.

The packaging itself, with its eye-catching purple bottle, is quite alluring. It's hard to walk past such an interesting looking fragrance. I think in a weird kind of a way, Eternity Purple Orchid, while not an orchid based scent, is very 'purple' in its approach. What I'm trying to say is that the colour suits the scent's personality.

Unfortunately the longevity is not all that impressive. I would have liked the fragrance to last just that little bit longer. But all in all, I'm happy to have found this fragrance before it disappears altogether as it was an experience in itself.

JenSelkirkLass
JenSelkirkLass

I adore this smell... it is really me :)

On my skin it opens with crisp, clean green notes yet there's a hint of an attractive bouquet lingering in the background. It moves on to make your mouth water with the plumlicious scents of fruit. The floral notes of this perfume are ever present but are balanced so well with the base notes that none are allowed to dominate!

To me, it is a playful smell... that teases your senses.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I don't particularly care for CK perfumes, but this one is different! In fact when I was looking for a 'tropical' perfume for my caribbean wedding, this one is the one I picked. Very exotic without being over done, and has great staying power! Love it!

Aalia
Aalia

Very light, demure, feminine for sure..
I could not enjoy it until the top notes wore off. It wasn't very interesting until perhaps one half hour had passed. Then I could really feel that great composition that is a Floral Woody Musk- gentle, intriguing, lovely..The freesia is there, loud and clear, the orchid is faint. The original Eternity is still recognizeable here (unfortuneately). As for the base, it seems to have vanilla in it, but it's not too heavy... It must be result of the mix of (very artificial smelling) almonds,
musk, and the woodsy notes (perhaps cedar and / or Brazillian rosewood). I am not too impressed by this scent.
For its positive points- it has the CK style, and it's a delicate, unassuming, possibly classy, "nice" floral.

guest_mum
guest_mum

i love this one so much !

>////< my bf also likes it.

I can't find the similar one.
Can anyone suggest me?

Sassy1
Sassy1

Purple is my favorite color so I'm always looking the the perfect purple scent. I didn't care for this one even though I loved the name and the bottle. I was expecting more floral and all I got was super sweet citrus and woods. And what is it about CK perfumes? Are they all so teeth-achingly sweet? Maybe it's just the Eternity line that's like that.
Oh well, the search continues.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Oh, what a beautiful orchid scent! So subtle, light ant soft, but not in an immature way. I'd say it's kind of a melancholic fragrance. Like purple colour itself. Suitable for spring and summer days.

essija
essija

What a beautiful fragrance! How I missed this I don't know, this is so much better than org Eternity in my opinoin. I love the woodsy notes I get from this, its very floral but in just the right amount I like. I don't like big bold florals as they give me a headache, this is made just perfect for me. Love it

ktv0926
ktv0926

It was a gift from a friend. Nice and floral, but not my thing. Maybe too floral for me... And I don't like the bottle either, plain and thoughtless, it would take about 5 minutes to create something like that.

P.S. The fragrance is discontinued.

jacink
jacink

Not very complex but great for a change of summer perfume - I keep it in my travel bag so to use it once in awhile is perfect but because it is so simple. You would not want to wear it everyday.

Eternity Purple Orchid by Calvin Klein 4.02 out of 5 based on 135 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Eternity Purple Orchid fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Eternity Purple Orchid, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eternity Purple Orchid by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eternity Purple Orchid by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.