Designers » C » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Euphoria Gold Men Calvin Klein for men
dislike

honey
cinnamon
Euphoria Gold Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Euphoria Gold Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures

The Liquid Gold Euphoria duo provides intoxicating compositions and power, with a bit of a wish for us to melt with pleasure in their fragrances and to roll into the world of wealth and luxury.

The version for men Euphoria Gold Men Limited Edition provides an oriental-fougere composition which opens with a fresh blend of ginger and lemon. The heart is dominated by honey, cinnamon and basil, resting on a deep, warm base of amber, patchouli and vanilla. The perfume arrives as 100 ml Eau de Toilette limited edition. Euphoria Gold Men was launched in 2014.

Ginger Lemon

Euphoria Gold Men Fragrance Reviews

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

Has a resemblance with Dior Homme intense,
not the same smell, but similar, same vibe..
of course its not the same quality..

overall, i think it's a good fragrance for what it is..
plus the price point and it comes from Calvin Klein.

rushrocker
rushrocker

A worse version of Dior Homme Intense in every way. That being said, it's a fine scent.

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander

The amber and ginger work really well together to make it nice and spicy, but not too sweet. Another really interesting fragrance from Calvin Klein. You could spend much more and get something much worse.

landshark321
landshark321

In contrast to the seemingly rarer Liquid Gold Euphoria, Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold is more of a spicy/sweet balance as opposed to the sweet-dominated Liquid Gold. The ginger is front-and-center during the first 20 minutes of wearing, mixing with some cinnamon and the herbal smell of basil, and gradually giving way to the base of amber, patchouli, and vanilla. I get a little more vanilla than amber in pairing with the patchouli. I'm relieved that the ginger wasn't so overwhelming in the opening as to ruin the balance with the honey and cinnamon, notes that I don't detect specifically but rather infer as part of the sweet/spicy mix.

Pretty versatile in the way of cold weather usage, Gold could probably work as well during the day as at night, for both casual and formal situations, but like Liquid Gold, it leans toward night usage in my opinion, as it simply isn't all that bright. Still, an enjoyable try during the day when the weather is still cool, albeit potentially cloying in the heat of the sun.

Definitely not as powerful a as the EDP Liquid Gold, Gold is more on par with the rest of the EDT Euphorias, very good but not unusually good performance. Still, potentially worthwhile at the retail cost ($78 for 100ml) but more likely one you'd want to nab on sale, and would expect it to be on sale, so it's all the more peculiar that it's scarce on the secondary market.

7 out of 10

lulu169
lulu169

I love to wear it myself! on a guy I´d find it too sweet, like REALLY sweet. not manly, sorry

JustAverage
JustAverage

This has been my winter fragrance along with the hardy encre noir. Unfortunately for these types of fragrances, winters in the southern U.S. arent long or super cold. Either way, when I first put this on I get slapped by honey and Amber. The accords and note pyramids have it pretty spot on. Vanilla and cinnamon make way after about two hours. This is a cozy, warm fragrance with respectable performance. You won't fill up a room but people around you will notice you. This is one of the houses better fragrances. It will likely be a staple in my collection, it's warm and sweet but deceptively masculine.

FragCor
FragCor

Great,really suited for colder weather mainly winter or fall. Can be cloying in the heat. Other then that one of Calvin Kleins best fragrances. Gives me a decent 6-8 hours. Reminds me of Givenchy Pi but instead of a vanilla smell it's more of a honey dominated scent.

plum
plum

This is gorgeous! I don't know much about men's perfumes and apart from a few favourites I never test any because they usually smell very masculine in a bad way.
To be honest I bought this one on sale, the price was funny and I was going to sell it on ebay. Yes, kill me, but that's what I often do: buy cheap and sell to make money to treat myself with other perfume.
There was no tester so a few days later I run to another department store. I found a tester, sprayed on a card and went home. I put it next to my laptop and a few minutes later I smelt some lovely notes. I thought it was my body lotion (Body Shop Shea) but that was this card. It's very ambery, warm, a bit spicy,too, I just love it. I am sniffing this card all the time and at this moment I can detect Kingdom by McQueen.
Even my husband who isn't into perfumes at all (he cannot wear perfumes at work and since then he simply forgets to use them outside work) says this one is really good. I will try to convince him to keep it and if he doesn't want it, I will keep it for myself!

Telfo05
Telfo05

a very beautiful smell. i will never knock Calvin Klein's perfumes again (apart from the rest because they're nowhere near this)

NickZee
NickZee

Nice, but it is a poor substitute for the beautiful Dior Homme Intense. It's true, this is not identical to DHI, there is none of the signature iris for example. But the end result is in the same space, certainly enough to "remind me" of DHI for the purposes of the comparison tool above. The differences are IMO what lead to an inferior fragrance rather than just a different fragrance.

Longevity and projection were excellent for me.

brucifer
brucifer

I really love this one. Such a pity its a limited edition. Come on CK release it for Eternity ;-)

wongkar
wongkar

received a decant today,

and i have to say, i have high expectation on this one based on the positive reviews it has.

but unfortunately it doesn't perform that well to reach my expectation. dunno why but, it sits close to my skin, i barely can sniff anything. maybe it's only my skin chemistry? have no idea about that.. but i really want to like this fragrance.

i'd pass on this one and for me, Euphoria Intense still wins over Euphoria Gold.

Scent : 6 out of 10
Longevity : cant give the score yet
Projection : 3 out of 10 (i can't smell anything except the vanilla, and it sits pretty close to my skin :( )

Overall : Try before you buy

mapache
mapache

Totally agree with bigbz and some other reviewers.
Euphoria Gold is awesome...CK's best ever IMO.
Great performance/sillage too. I do see the comparison to Dior Homme...but Gold goes other "places" for me...which is a good thing.I recently received Euphoria Intense..and it is TOTALLY different from Gold. I feel Intense as very unisex
It is sweet/fruitier for sure. In the dry down the oud "peaks" out ..slightly. I like Intense..but...LOVE Gold.
Euphoria Gold is a winner.

bigbz
bigbz

Something about the combination of notes in the opening gave me a very brief Dior Homme vibe?! Huh??? But was amazed at how it quickly morphed and evolved into this lovely, warm and rich slightly spicy vanilla/honey scent....staying this way for the life of the fragrance.(longevity is very good btw)

Absolutely delicious IMO, and a wonderfully surprising release from the CK house. One of their best and could easily work just as well on a woman IMO. Niche quality frag, with a CK price....now that's winning!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A warm, soft, powdery scent with a gourmand sticky sweetness and dry spice. Quite vanillic, with a dusty 'powdered custard' feel, becoming gradually smokier.

Performance is average.

The overall tone is quite feminine.

rc9097
rc9097

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is very sweet and powdery with a hint of spice. It reminds me of Pi by Givenchy but slightly stronger. I have never been a fan of Calvin Klein fragrances but this is a winner in my opinion.

Santos89
Santos89

Euphoria Gold is, in my opinion, Euphoria perfected.

The original was all about suede. This one adds a nice vanilla and honey note to the original.

The vanilla is very prominent, with the honey adding some sweetness yet always staying in the background.

Overall I am very impressed. This feels better balanced and is better composed in my opinion, than the original.

It works best for fall and winter, but I could see this working for a spring evening.

Longevity is good for a cK fragrance. A solid 8 hours.

Rating: 8.5/10

seekritdude
seekritdude

I know CK fragrances get a lot of hate. But personally I dont think they are as bad as many say. Its just that most of them are not interesting or good. But just because something isnt amazing doesnt mean something is bad.

Anyway does this one smell generic? Perhaps ya I agree. But generic does not mean it smells bad. I think for many of us that do reviews or read sites like this or basenotes, I think some are unfair to fragrances like these. Perhaps its because im sure as many others do when you get to the point that you collect fragrances on any sort of level its hard to justify buying a fragrance that smells generic. But that does not mean its a bad smell. Actually as a matter of fact I think this smells pretty good myself. It smells simply and everyday but this has a really nice almost delicous aftertaste to it with the vanilla and honey that make it a little more interesting to me. Personally if I had a more disposable income I would probably get that. Because the aftertaste in your nose of this one is pretty nice imo.

At the end of the day will I buy it? No, because right now I have to many fragrances. But the aftertaste that it leaves after each breath is nice and I think thats makes it interesting enough that its worth trying out.

xdonnyboyx
xdonnyboyx

Upon first initial spray, at the top, Gold Men has a smell similar to Dior Homme from an iris-like accord which disappears quickly. This is light and disappears within fifteen minutes, where the listed honey and amber notes come through and shine. At this point in the fragrance it is reminiscent of The One by D&G and it stays linear from here on out. Projects for about 3 hours, then turns into a skin scent lasting 4-6 hours altogether. Sillage is within an arms length. Bottom line: it is nice, but there are other fragrances that are as good or better for the same price point.

Buysblind
Buysblind

A very solid offering from Calvin Klein, probably their best in years. Euphoria Gold opens on a powdery note that smells similar to the opening of Dior Homme. A few people have noted that this reminds them of DH, and I can see why. So at first I thought this was going to be an attempt at a clone, but thankfully, it's not. Euphoria Gold quickly turns into a honey/vanilla/amber fragrance that exudes a soft, enveloping glow. It's probably safe to classify this as an oriental-gourmand. Whilte it's not completely original, I'm surprised by the quality of this one. Gold has a nice, deep texture, it's not thin or flat like I had kind of expected. I've always thought Encounter was a fragrance that had the potential to be great, but was ruined by a deflated, two dimensional structure that didn't allow it to open up and take hold. Gold doesn't suffer from this problem. It has a healthy, full shape. As it dries down, the honey, vanilla, and amber remain, and sometimes it smells a little bit like Rochas Man, with its sweet, sugary vanilla. I would classify this as a fall and winter fragrance, good for casual use and nights out. It's sure to please a few people and unless you're averse to amber, or sweeter fragrances, definitely worth trying. I get very good projection and longevity from this. Thumbs up.

Think Bois d'Argent, Rochas Man, Dior Homme, Valentino Uomo. Euphoria Gold fits right in there somewhere, with a similar character and some common notes.

Miss-Fragrance62
Miss-Fragrance62

J'adore et je trouve qu'il fait unisexe car quand je le porte on croit que je porte un parfum unisexe :)

Bbjr
Bbjr

Surprising result from CK and Coty. This is a very nice scent with decent longevity. I get mostly vanilla with a hint of cinnamon but it works very well.

Osmin
Osmin

Replica of Jacques Fath pour l'homme. Not bad.

Gault
Gault

Yeah a woman can definitely wear this, maybe only they should. No offense, its a really nice fragrance but its ridiculous how feminine the mens colognes become these days. I'm not talking about being unisex but definitely feminine, and Im not even that kind of reviewer who wants to force Drakkar Noir on the recent generations.:]

To me it smells like the lovechild of Dior Homme (powdery choco vanilla) and the original Euphoria (ginger citrus), stripped from most parts of masculinity that they had which wasn't too much in the beginning to be honest.

Glaggaglagga
Glaggaglagga

Lots of vanilla and some cinnamon. The opening is slightly harsh but on the dry down I am getting a vaguely spicy vanilla. As a skin scent I can smell it all day, but the silage is fairly soft on me - nobody has commented about it at all.

If you like vanilla you might like it. It is pleasant enough and scres highly on longevity but ultimately a bit too soft and sweet for my taste, a woman could wear this.

olfactorium
olfactorium

I like to drink a cup of ginger tea on cool, winter evenings and that is what Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold reminds me of initially: a nice, warm cup of ginger tea with honey and lemon. Add the amber, cinnamon, vanilla and patchouli and you have a very soothing yet effulgent oriental fougere. It feels and smells deeply luxurious on the skin and reveals its notes with a subtle, sensual sweetness. The element of honey, though appearing often in men‘s fragrance, seems to draw together particularly the amber, vanilla and patchouli in CKEG into something which is singular and befitting of the Euphoria moniker. Not a “spice bomb” and less sexually charged than the more florid Prada Amber, CKEG does, nevertheless, bring on “euphoria” for me and would smell good on many different types of men in many different scenarios, although I would personally save CKEG for the fall and winter months. (It begs to be worn with sweaters and other cozy attire and would definitely add something to nearly any man’s cool weather wardrobe.) Someone at Calvin Klein hit the mother lode when he or she stood in this golden light and that is why I think the limited release of CKEG is one of the better fragrances of 2014. Even though I live in a climate which is warm most of the year, I still found that I had to have CKEG for my collection and I wear it often and with great relish. Grab this one for yourself or the gentleman in your life before it‘s all gone!

Francop
Francop

Beautiful masculine release from Calvin Klein!

A take on ginger, lemon, honey, cinnamon, amber, patchouli and vanilla.

Refreshing to start with and very comforting as it dries down.

Decent longevity & Sillage and cool bottle.

antonpan
antonpan

This could become extremely popular fragrance both in the internet and in the stores. Euphoria Gold is to my nose the best Calvin Klein fragrance in a decade. Moreover, it's the best variation on Dior Homme theme out there. It starts off with a dark irisy choco accord in the direction of Dior Homme though sweeter. Soon it becomes ambery and fresher reminding of a sour baseline of Bentley for men fragrance with some honey added. Finally it turns to a vanilla spicy powdery mix somewhat in TF Tobacco Vanille style.

Euphoria gold is more comfortable to wear than Dior Homme, Valentino Uomo or Bentley for men. Versatile and sophisticated, it has wonderful projection and good longevity. Highly recommend for winter.

funnyboy
funnyboy

This to me has the usual opening notes of 2 of the more likeable of the moment's fragrances. Those of Valentino Uomo and Dior homme.
To me this first 20 minutes has a furniture polish come beeswax dry smell.
This soon disappears and pure vanilla shines through.
Could almost be feminine at this stage.
Lasts at lest 6 hours with about 4 sprays and is almost edible in the Pink Sugar way with a bit of caramel to boot!
I love sweet smells and as I have only just tested this and not bought a bottle it could be bottle worthy when the price decreases as is usual in most cases with Calvin Klein fragrances. Might try it again when I am passing a fragrance counter but on the other hand I possess similar fragrances but longevity -wise this seems superior on my skin where some of the others have vanished in a couple of hours.
My rating :- originality 4 out of 10
lasting power 9 out of 10
I think it is a fragrance others will have a positive comment on but I see it more of an evening than a daytime fragrance.

Pffft! Is all I've got to say about this one. Again...quite pleasant but I'm never going to in love with it.

Warm amber and spices, vanilla, with the ginger from the original and maybe some cardamom?
There's a soapier clean accord of the original Euphoria and that ginger in there, also a touch of D&G The One about it. Not a bad thing at all.

These fragrances are just okay. Personally I like an oriental to be warm, sweet and full on but the extra dimention of freshness will appeal to some.
I will say this for it...it has an interesting note in the opening 10-20 mins or so.
I'm very weary of allowing the alcohol to evaporate before smelling a fragrance, spraying from a distance and allowing the scent to settle...etc.
This has a strong boozy note in the opening, smells a great deal like whisky to me but is more than likely the honey in there.
So....Euphoria gold is not a bad fragrance you could do worse.
Performance was okay soft silage and average longevity again great looking bottle one of the better CK bottles in my opinion.

kaysee
kaysee

I really like it. Longevity around 4-6 hours but projection is weak.

I don't get the DH comparison at all.....

I feel like this could be a CK Shock flanker?

I think on me Shock is a bit more long lasting and has better projection than Euphoria Gold.

AND-MAT

After few more wearings, I've changed my like into love!
I just can't get enough of this.

Forget the 7/10... This is easily 9/10! Excellent job Calvin Klein... Welcome back!

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Tried this today at macys.

It smells fantastic from the start but turns too powdery for me - maybe better for a more mature man (late 20's -40's) but who's to say age has anything to do with it.

It absolutely reminds me of a version of Dior Homme. Possibly even DHI on the dry down with the smooth, creamy vanilla.

Definitely the best CK has to offer - but still slightly too powdery for me!

Twilight99
Twilight99

Tried this today at the shop. The opening on my skin was sour, like honey gone bad, and I was instantly repulsed. This lasted for about an hour when the sourness slowly dissipated, and the vanilla and cinnamon took center stage. It then became quite enjoyable and I like it quite a bit. There must be something in the opening that I am sensitive to that feels sour to me. If you can get past that, it is a very nice perfume.

junior halston
junior halston

Wow Calvin Kline surprised me this one perfect cool fall nights. Both sillage and longevity are really good for a CK men's fragrance. It is all about dark honey and spice and patchouli

AND-MAT

I like it. Not a great fan of Clavin Klein perfumes. But this one is good!

Much like it's female version, Euphoria gold for men is all about honey. This time dark honey (Honeydew honey) mixed with vanilla and patchouli. I don't smell ginger in it but has a faint trace of amber.

This is strong, dark, complex perfume. Despite of being sweet, it is naturally sweet, thus not cloying or too much. This is the best Euphoria for men to me! It also stays a long time and has a good projection.
7.5/10

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Just sniffed this on the tester strip at Macys and I liked it.. It a bit sweet but not to sweet.. A little bit fresh from the ginger and lemon, and than there are some spices in there.. Woudld have to try it again on skin next time.. Probably the best Euphoria I have came across..

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Can't believe how good this is, stunned it was blended by the house of CK in truth, the honey and ginger notes are so warm and delicious. Lasted about 3 hours, so not amazing longevity. Heaps better then the original, wonderful fragrance!!

smoj
smoj

tried this in store yesterday, being that i loved the euphoria intense, i was mildly interested to see how this is, not a bad scent, lasted a few hours, not bad for a CK scent, which i tend to find disappears after 30 minutes. i dont think i'll pick a bottle up though.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Tried this in a Dublin store last weekend. It's actually rather pleasant. Quite a shock, coming from Calvin Klein. It doesn't smell much like the original Euphoria. Strong vanilla, creamy, honey smell with a little warm spices in the mix too. The advertised notes are very much in evidence in the actual scent. Not the same as, but in a similar vein to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. Longevity is very good, sillage is moderate. Nice autumn/winter scent for sure!

ghent32
ghent32

C. Klein does next to nothing right with men's fragrance anymore, but I cannot wait to try this one simply due to the notes, honey, lemon, cinnamon, amber, vanilla, ginger...are you kidding me?

kenney77
kenney77

Love all the notes I hope to try this soon love the bottle

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Euphoria Gold Men by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Euphoria Gold Men by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.