Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Man Calvin Klein for men
dislike

ozonic
Man Calvin Klein for men Videos
Man Calvin Klein for men Pictures Man Calvin Klein for men Pictures Man Calvin Klein for men Pictures

This woody, spicy fragrance from the house of Calvin Klein was launched in 2007. The name is simple, MAN, and it is advertised as a very masculine and sexy perfume. Lory Singer, the VP of Global Marketing and Coty Prestige, said that “Calvin Klein Man is intended to be iconic”. The perfume starts with a fresh wave of rosemary and citruses (bergamot, mandarin orange) combined with airy notes of violet leaves. The heart is made of bay leaf, nutmeg, mint, insence and peppermint. The base introduces intense notes of cypress, Guaiac tree, sandalwood, amber and musk. MAN is packed into the bottle in minimalistic style - CK style. Ann Gottlieb (Firmench) designed this modern perfume, which is available as 50ml and 100ml edt, together with a whole range of cosmetic products.

Rosemary Mandarin Orange Violet Leaf Bergamot

Nutmeg Mint Bay Leaf Incense

Cypress Sandalwood Amber Musk Guaiac Wood

Man Fragrance Reviews

Belvedere
Belvedere

This reminds a little of Bleu de Chanel without the citrus. Modern fresh and woody scent with a little spice. Easy to wear and fantastic casual/office day scent BUT has zero longevity as in not even a skin scent after an hour.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

It's a fresh but slightly spicy fragrance with poor performance. It's gone within 2 hours leaving the buyer confused. The scent was likable but nothing new after it. No depth or transformation. Vey linear and not grown man worthy.

evilspin

I don't think people realize the fragrances intention. It is supposed to be a modern man fragrance, with a hint of the classic man. It is subtle and close to skin type and supposed to be layered on skin and although not to be judged at initial spray, let it settle and project with a mans natural scent upon dry down, it compliments your natural scent. Earthy, green and woodsy like a rugged man. Clean yet earthy,dark but lightly modern yet classically brooding. It's not magical but not offensive. It compliments your natural scent giving off a mans second skin. It's not trying to be better than other ck fragrances. Nor trying to be a prize winner.

ravinderpal
ravinderpal

Calvin Klein Perfumes are best perfumes because it has sizzling smell and the fragrance is very nice. I have purchased this perfume at 40% discount only at Perfume Crush that is the only biggest online store in India which has plenty of perfume brands at huge discount.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Boring, woody fragrance, smells very synthetic, and lasts less time then an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys. Drab, bland and like most of CK's fragrances is gone before you know it, next please...... Ohhh the bottle is lovely though, heavy and masculine.

yilmazg
yilmazg

I think CK fragrances are being unjustly, harsly criticized with being unoriginal, banal, and with poor longevity etc. I think CK is a very good fragrance house. It can be said Calvin Klein Man might lack in the originality and sillage departments but it is a very good cologne nevertheless.

Semi-sweet, fresh minty-ozonic-woody cologne which is very versatile. Opening is herbal- fruity which is not very natural but in 15 mins or so the cologne settles. Close to skin with mediocre longevity. Very modern, safe and versatile.

disgruntledbastard
disgruntledbastard

Nice masculine smell to it but its compromised with it being weak lasting and average silage. nice bottle though. its probably best to avoid calvin klein

evilspin

Nice fragrance i always by passed this one since I always saw them at stores like Ross & Marshalls for 19.00 & I never liked any CK fragrances. Smelled this at a friends house and its a very soft go-to fragrance year round that recalls bits of Dior Fahrenheit & Carolina Herrera CH.
I may pick it up for everyday work smell if i see it again.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Ozonic spiced wood smell, a bit like furniture polish.

Soooo boring. This and Eternity are probably among my most hated scents of all time.

eau de nath
eau de nath

At the first spray, you can really sense the woody notes in here. It was really great! It's a little bit spicy but not overpowering. Did anyone notice that in every woody scent, they have the same scent molecule that is similar to each other?

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Not a fan of the violet notes, here. I like the way they're modulated in Dior Fahrenheit, but not with this one. I guess it's the spice-violet mix which leaves me cold. Not for me.

lovetribe
lovetribe

my worse edt.pineapple scent.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

Nothing special. 2/10

masak389
masak389

Dear fragrantica members: this fragrance was composed in 2007 by Jacques Cavallier with Harry Fremont. Such kind of innovation is attributable only to him. You must correct the mistake in the main descriptive information. Regards.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

I differ a little bit of some comments below whom didn´t mention the masculinity and spicy blend in this CK fragance, it might be true that is not a classic CK aroma, it isn´t either the best aroma of this designer, But It is fresh and innovative. It´s definelity a manly original fragance for any time and place. The opening is quite herbal, but as soon is drying it become more woodden and citric as well. I just adore Man of CK. Please before you discard the decision of buying Man CK, give yourself the opportunity to try at least once this aroma.

Heaven Scent 777
Heaven Scent 777

This is cheap, synthetic and generic smelling rubbish and is worn by chavs with no class or discernible sense of smell. Steer well clear of this one. I consider myself fortunate NOT to own a bottle but unfortunate that a classless and tacky individual at work happens to spritz himself with this extract of BO when i happen to be around!

houstcs
houstcs

I'm big on violet, so this is pretty fantastic in some aspects. Unfortunately I have to use 6 sprays when I have excellent skin. I usually only spray fragrances 1x times or 2x if I really want to project out. If the initial blast could last longer it would be better. Lot of eastern smells going on, and I can get a lot of compliments in the dry down, again if I use a lot of it. Without showering in it, nobody can smell it, including myself.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is average woody cologne. Nothing special.

rockindave
rockindave

My first thought was "Nothing special"; a basic woody fragrance which suits me for everyday wear to the office. I have to spray LOTS on and still the sillage is quite weak and I struggle to smell the dry-down after lunch time! Everyone thinks its "nice" which is good if you like to blend in and wear "nice" things; I prefer something more individual and unique myself! :). Oh, it was a gift froim Mum on the recommendation of the sales clerk at the local discount chemist store, so I'm actually quite surprised and pleased all at the same time.. Thanks Mum! :-)

scottconnor92
scottconnor92

It's nice and it lasts long. But it's very musky and spicy. Don't buy if you don't like musky smells. For me it is smells too much like a 30/40 year old man. And i'm only 20. I got this as a gift and it was a very thoughtful gift :) but just not really me. I'll use it for college till it runs out :)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

CK Man is an olfactory essay on modern masculines since 1985, circa Green Irish Tweed & Cool Water, up through Fahrenheit, and on into the nineties with things like Sport Field and Green Valley. See another common theme here? They're all GREEN. And so is Man. It opens with a peppery violet leaf and bay combination, which rapidly (within five minutes) segues into an herbal/nutmeg-infused hawthorn accord not far removed from Fahrenheit's, but less tarry. Violet notes compliment the hawthorn with a strong sweetness that pervades the moderate, five-six hour lifespan of this scent. But underlying everything is clean, soapy freshness, a bit watery and wan. One of the better CK fragrances, surprisingly lacking airtime with aficionados, although I guess when you consider that it assembles aspects of superior fragrances without adding anything new, there's not much else to talk about here. Still, if you want something crisp and pleasant in the GIT/Fahrenheit axis, this is something you should try.

SteveSmellsGood
SteveSmellsGood

Great fragrance, longevity and projection are average. Perfect for a date.

busik
busik

Ow, guys, I bought it myself! I smell spicy sweet herbs, and sometimes I feel the smell of machine oil. Resistance is rather weak.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

It is another CK, I mean, nothing special, it smells cheap fragrance. It is not for me...

RobbieX
RobbieX

Fresh, sweet and green and quite pleasant. Comes in a masculine heavy square bottle. Staying power and sillage are only moderate. The violet note predominates and it's a little like Paul Smith Men but less sweet. It's nothing mind blowing but I like CK Man. I was a bit disappointed with this coz it's quite weak. Better off with Paul Smith Men.

pooyaasan
pooyaasan

بوی خیلی خوبی داره. یه جورایی خاصه. اما ماندگاریش خیلی کمه. در حد 2-3 ساعت. ضمنا پخش بوش هم ملایمه و کسی رو آزار نمیده. عمدتا مورد پسند همه قرار می گیره

elnafi
elnafi

reminds me of dior fahrenheit

mse-21
mse-21

It's opening consists of two parts: first part is a fresh icy minty one and the other is warmer and sort of musky-incense-y. Unfortunately on my skin the two parts don't provide a harmonious scent; even in dry down!

I guess they wanted to create a contrast between these two parts and make it the second Fahrenheit! By the way it has traces of Fahrenheit in it, most probably because of the contrast between cold and warm; and violet note!

My brother got it as a gift and interestingly the problem is a lot milder for him! It projects a nice scent on his skin, but nothing special or groundbreaking.

Not a bad choice for daily wear in the colder weather, even though I expected a lot more from something bearing the name 'Calvin Klein Man!'

It has good longevity and projection and overall gets 4 out of 10 IMO.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

A VERY strong and spicy scent. Great longevity and projection. I used it as an evening scent when going out, it's too dark and spicy for an everyday scent in my opinion. It's actually so strong, I have had the same 50ml bottle of it for literally YEARS and I'm only now beginning to finish it!

CARLOS05
CARLOS05

Boring line of fragrance from Calvin Klein once more, this is Budget, synthetic rubbish.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This is an ok fragrance. At first I really didnt like it but it's warming up to me a little bit, as in I wont throw it away. The scent is at it's best when first applied. It reminds me of something I smelled in the 90's, very spring like scent. On the dry down it seems to completely mimic CK Euphoria, which I hate. I think MAN is not MANLY enough, meening it is too floral. If they took away the violet and put maybe something like leather or more cedar it would be better. The longevity is ok, and silage ok. Overall this would get a 6/10 from me. I will wear it to work and super casual events and thats about it.

karthiktas
karthiktas

Too spicy and bit strong. But good choice for spicy Lovers. Long Lasts good. Projection very good. I dont like because its too spicy.

tomerits
tomerits

a very good masculine scent,one of the best CK perfume in the last years, suitable for day and night time.
love it.
my rank 3.5/5.

smokva
smokva

If it was 1987 now, I would say it is one of the best scents ever. But in 1988 Fahrenheit came out and there is no place for the obvious copies on my shelf.
I will consider it only if Dior discontinues Fahrenheit...never I hope.

EDIT...since my firs review I started to like this perfume more and more to the point where I bought it

EDIT 2...I changed my mind about this one again :) I swear if you take violet away and put little bit more woods/pepper this is Gucci por Homme. Actualy I think this is lighter and softer version of GpH. I still like the original Gucci better, but i think CK Man can be worn in more situations. The longer I have it more I like it.

cyber861
cyber861

بویه تلخ ولی دوست داشتنی ای داره.برازنده آقایان.اکثراه خانوما ازش خوششون میاد.اصلا آزار دهنده نیست.خیلی ملایم و رمانتیک

micrtin
micrtin

I am not a fan of CK but this one is original. It is fresh yet masculine. It strays away from all the aquatics out there so for summer its perfect and you won't smell like everyone else

tuscany
tuscany

Had this one..not long lasting,bit on the floral side..nothing great..

bp
bp

Perfume absolutely wonderful.
It smells wonderfully well.
It is certainly one of my favorite perfumes.
The longevity and projection are impressive.
And to top it off, a perfume is something unique.
What more can you ask for in a perfume?

Guinea54
Guinea54

There is always a level of snobbery in the fragrance community, so something so mass market like CK is not going to get much recognition. To me this is one of my favorite releases from them. To a perfume collector this is not going to be anything revolutionary, but for me its a good overall smell. Its fresh, its sharp, and its versatile.

I get a lot of violet in it and I am a fan of violet. I have gotten a lot of compliments wearing this and most girls dig the scent for sure. Its a very violet, slightly minty/incensey vibe that is fresh but robust enough to be all season in my opinion. Longevity for my particular bottle is decent. No worse than most other fragrances in my collection. However, a lot of people complain about longevity. Not sure if it has to do with how bargain bin frags are stored or what the case is. I might have gotten lucky with my bottle. Anyway.. I think this scent is a great everyday frag for the average person.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I think this one is nothing special to write home about. Initial burst of scent is nice but it dissapears so quickly . I also find it quite synthetic and it smells liek so many other cheap fragrances out there . Even when I spray the fragrance on it seems to be quite watery pehaps due to the lack of oils in the composition .

I wouldnt buy this one again .

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

pfuhhh! Smell's like a cheap deostick from the supermarket, for example - The Green Malizia Vetiver Deodorant with the price - 2 Euro.

I'm totally disappoint!

From 1 to 10 --> 2 points!

vallin
vallin

i love it when i smell it on my husband. its so man-like. absolutely favorite. this smell make me feel safe.

johan00418
johan00418

Calvin Klein MAN is one of the best fragrances that is perfect to work or go out at night. Is soft, masculine and the lasting power is good.

aussie bloke
aussie bloke

Bergamot, Mandarin orange and Amber give this a very spicy feel which may not be appealing to some people, In my opinion this one is a nice break from super sweet scents which are quite popular around here.
Negative with this are moderate sillage and poor lasting power.
Scent score 7/10.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I really like Man. To me, it has a sweet, bananary body, fruity, not citruses, but Instead, banana and a berry. I don't know what in the pyramid is causing it, but it's really nice.
I would have jumped on this so hard, had I the spare money, but now I realize I'm getting Euphoria, so will have to test for similarity because I'm pressure I categorize them very similarly.

Calvin Klein Man is actually pretty nice but it smells a bit like a few fragrances that I already own. At the beginning, it smells similar to Mont Blanc Exceptionnel Homme (orangey, herbs, and woody notes). It's not as sharp and strong like Exceptionnel, so it's easier to wear, in my opinion. In addition, it never gets spicy on me like Exceptionnel. To make it more interesting, I smell a small trace of coffee here. I must be out of my mind.

Then it becomes oriental/amber-like sweet like Halston Amber Man. Actually I smell something like tobacco'ish scent that reminds me of tobacco blossom in Graphite Blue by Liz Clairborne. Mixing in a sexy sweet musky base note, I am liking this one more and more. Unfortunately, I own other fragrances that I mentioned earlier, there is no point for me to get Calvin Klein Man... Well, unless I find one at a really good bargain, then maybe... :)

BTW, it lasts about 6-8 hours on me.

yanoe
yanoe

This become my New Signature scent, Bergamot n Rosemary Dominates the Top notes that last for couple minutes, it clean, fresh n off course spicy .. if U like Bvlgari Aqva , U definitely would like This one, worth try even I disappoint with the longetivity

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

I don't like this. Too spicy on my skin, and low sillage. 4/10.

kerrso99
kerrso99

I find this very refreshing at first but does tend to fade. Dont get me wrong it still hangs about you in a fresh kind of way.

QCYCORNELL
QCYCORNELL

only smells clean and fresh, but doesnt last long, watery and shallow.....
can't buy!

kisherceg
kisherceg

While I haven't smelled this one I thought it's a very dark, very heavy ultra-macho scent for mature businessmen..
But fortunately it isn't.

Top notes are not so citrusy, strong enough but not assertive.
After a half an hour somewhat transparent fruity note came out in the background which surprised me.
Maybe as "tropic" said it is that (for me unknown,but now I attended to it by Wikipedia:-) Duku fruit.
But it's nice to (a european) nose.
Drydown is unambiguously incense with guaiacwood,but they are not harsh just mildly smokey-woody sweet.
On the whole it is a pleasant manly scent, but not that way as I counted on.
Perfect office wear and wearable in any season, for any occasion.4,5*
The guy in the ad is really eyecatching...more than the bottle :)

tropic
tropic

the top notes is not far away with dior fahrenheit,or u can call it clone from DF,
but IMHO this is lot of better than DF that smelled like rubber tyre on drydown till base.
CK man more pleasant on drydown,smelled very-very similiar like fruit that called Duku (from Meliaceae tribe),so it can be fresh-sweet fruity,
there are plenty of Duku in my country,so i can easily recognize the smell.
although i'm not fans CK brands,i give this 'average' (7/10)on my rating,
but i can't wearing it due the smell just like Duku.

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDT has too spicy notes of entry, like their middle notes are spices very marked, it seems a dominant anise scent of incense. Base notes almost identical but more pronounced anise.

In general I feel that dominates the aroma as "a jar of spices." The smell has a strange effect on smell, as if the aroma of a sudden explode and disappear, and reappear intermittently. A preference for older men aroma. Situations professional interest only, no fun or romantic notes. Duration of 6 hours on my skin.

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

Very nice scent. i bought it in Nigeria. A blind buy but i really love it.fruity spicy fresh & manly. it is not bad as people said here. Girls love it on me. Silage is average, longevity = 8hrs
Very versatile,comfortable,non offensive & so unique. v.good for summer. the mid notes is top of the class,aquatic spicy, nothing like it. really wish there is intense version of it.
would definitely buy another.

Rating:
Projection: 6/10
Scent Quality: 8/10
Longevity: 6hr

Edit: dont understand why people dont really like this, its a very high quality perfum.

BIG
BIG

it's ordinarily sweet-fruity-fresh and it doesn't really stand out in the crowd.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nothing special. It smell kind of minty-spicy on my skin. Moderate sillage and 7+ hours on my skin. Non offensive fragrance but there are better choices in this category (Terre d'Hermes, Dirty English, Viktor+Rolf Antidote) IMO. 7/10

denmaz
denmaz

all i can smell is musk and bergamot. wake up CK. this is year 2k and you bring us back to 80's? ridiculous. even Ted by Ted Lapidus is way better than this.

dm8m
dm8m

i like this scent very masculine, but not in the overdone musky-woody way. it's a strictly fall-winter/cold day scent for me.

never wear this in a hot day. i made a mistake doing so in a hot morning, it was a nightmare day for me. it was to strong for my nose, it made me so dizzy & vomity. so beware. keep it for the cold days or better yet nights. that's why i wonder why the setting for ck man's ad is a man in a desert.

bronstein
bronstein

Hmm, this one is interesting: Not only does the name make it look like a definite statement, not only does the bottle have a classic look to it - from the first moment on this one appeared to me as already being around forever. Almost an instant classic.

mpvv
mpvv

I hate to disagree I wear this everywhrer and the ladies love it . Not everyone can where a scent and expect it to smell good on you> Our bodies are all different so something that smells bad on someone else might be the bomb on you> you need to find your niche

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

Perfectly usable. Something in it reminds Dior Fahrenheit.

urobian
urobian

Versatile and comfortable, is not so bad ! why people ? ck is no like 90s ok, but with MAN the brand tried to make a simple semi spicy-fruity base with a little woody touch, for day or night, warm or cold weather, this harmonize great..

guest_Alex
guest_Alex

Light smell...better for summer...for a date maybe...nothing surprising but is not as bad as many here say....funny but in my skin it lasted for about 5 hours...and some girls really liked this one at my job.

crfan
crfan

What is going on with CK fragrances? They are all average quality and extremely synthetic. I will never let this thing touch my skin.Irritates and reddens my dark skin which tolerated any fragrance until those CK's.

valdano
valdano

well...
some of you says that this is Spicy! I Agree...

but for me, its so tasty! -as additional-

Warm, gentle, and suitable for those who love to show off!

kevin_kim
kevin_kim

It is a very nice smelling cologne. It is minty and has a uniqueness to it. It isnt those everyday colognes and smells very different from others. Its very nice and i would definetly buy another

ZeeK
ZeeK

Its a nice combo. Somehow sensual and gains attractiveness but frankly if you want to go for CK MAN dont even think to buy anyother CK fragrance, it is absolutely positive that these fragrances are all alike at some stage. EUPHORIA and specially EUPHORIA INTENSE.. i have applied and what came in my mind was CK MAN, exactly DITTO.

acc
acc

i regret paying those dollars to an ordinary fragrance. this has a great opening like other CK fragrances, but becomes a huge disappointment in just minutes.
Ck's always attract me with their fabulous opening but fade away to nothing!

slipcat
slipcat

It starts out as a nice, fresh, but manly fragrance, a soft, peppermint fragrance. But after about 2-3 hours it is not much worth mentioning, it has almost disappeared and is very faint. Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense is SOOOO MUCH Better and much longer lasting..... save your money on "Man", it's a let down.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

It is not groundbreaking, but it is very nice! Silage and staying power are average.

guest_Ra.G
guest_Ra.G

Amazing, one of my favourite men's scent, so intelligent and mysterious. i go mad when i smell it on them.
Sorry Vertigo

ticalau
ticalau

2 Light! Smell ok but not powerful... and not so intens either!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Crave, Euphoria, In2U, and now, Man. What's wrong with Ck perfumes thesedays? Some's boring, some can make you vomit. I really miss the wonderful Obsession, One, or Eternity.

klee0206
klee0206

I love it on my husband; it makes him smell clean, spicy and very appealing indeed ;)

Marianne
Marianne

It smells just like every other men's fragrance. But it's a nice every-day-scent.

Man by Calvin Klein 3.44 out of 5 based on 404 ratings and 75 user reviews

Calvin Klein Man Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Man Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Truth Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Truth Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Man by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Man by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.