Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men

Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men
dislike

Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures Obsession Night for Men Calvin Klein for men Pictures

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Obsession Night for Men was launched in 2005. Top notes are artemisia, grapefruit, pear and cardamom; middle notes are nutmeg and musk; base notes are patchouli, vanilla and vetiver.

Artemisia Grapefruit Pear Cardamom

Nutmeg Musk

Patchouli Vanilla Vetiver

Dunhill Black

Obsession Night for Men Fragrance Reviews

Telfo05
Telfo05

delightful smell that's nothing like obsession. no idea why they would want to delete this. it doesn't last that long though but initial smell is glorious

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

Quite good, actually, but definitely for the colder season. Too sweet and balmy for a summer night (but for a summer night in a club - maybe OK). The lady I met with didn't comment on this one, and she does sometimes notice how I smell. I don't know if it's a good or a bad sign. :) But I like it, will use more when it gets colder. The longevity is good - after 14+ hours I can still smell the base (mostly vanilla).

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

I hated this stuff the first time I sprayed it. But it seriously grew on me after awhile. At first it smelled like vanilla coated pears with dill sprinkled over the top. Kind of made me nauseous but now i like it. Took a lot of warming up to. The longevity and silliage is not that great. Most Calvin Klein fragrances are bad in the longevity and silliage department. Dark Obsession is a lot better.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is delicious, different to the original, warmer, more woody and less sharp, considering it's Calvin Klein the longevity is fantastic, it projects well, I love this fragrance. Will get for the Winter I think.

RobbieX

Again, another review: This is definitely a frag that you like more and more...the more you use it. It really has quite a lot of character. if you get it...stick with it, it's really very nice indeed.

markjcretella
markjcretella

I bought this the year it came out. The notes that stand out to me are coconut, nutmeg, vanilla and a bit of musk. A bit on the sweet side, it's pleasant enough of a scent. Not very good projection, and lasts about 5-6 hours. Definitely not a must have. My rating 7.2

MonaVieBill
MonaVieBill

Don't love Obsession Night. Used a few times but can't get used to it. Really dislike.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

The patchouli plays it part perfectly in this fragrance. This is worth a sniff when sampling. An affordable solid fragrance.

senpai
senpai

when i first smell this, i really like it..

but after using it about 1 year i found other fragrances that smell better than this...

overall it's okay smell...

great for the price and for winter nights...

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

CK Obsession Night is a darker fragrance than the original classic Obsession. The pear and artemisia opening seem sharper and coveys to me suede & dark leather intonations.

Projection is moderately heavy on me and has very good staying power, contrary to many reviewers; I suppose my skin chemistry works well with this fragrance.

I find Obsession Night to be mesmerizing and addictive.

Obsession Night's fragrance, overall, impresses me as distinctively masculine, upscale, urbane and classy. Obsession Night crowds Ungaro III and M7 very hard as a fragrance of choice for nighttime outings.

Wearing Obsession Night portrays success, maturity and elegance. Calvin Klein's Obsession Night truly deserves more accolades than it has received. Call me old-fashioned, but this reformulated, darker take on the original 80's fragrance is a gem in my book.

RES2525
RES2525

This is a far cry from what I was expecting. In comparison to the uber rich decadence of Obsession this is a relatively stark and minimalist re-imagining of the original formula. A cool pear note mixed with vanilla, light musk and a very subtle and muted spiciness is about all I get out of Obsession Night. This really isn't a bad thing as the accord is the sort that doesn't make your jaw drop but you find yourself continually sniffing to have another go at figuring it out. The notes create an accord that is akin to milky coconut and spice. It's almost too soft for it's own good but is a pleasing fragrance nonetheless. The real downfall of Obsession Night is this. For whatever it lacks in sillage and projection, the longevity is abysmal. I cannot remember having an eau de toilete this weak and flabby. It's a good thing the typical size is a 4 oz. jug. Because it will take all of 4 or 5 robust spritzes to have anything much at all and then you'll be lucky to retain the scent for more than a few hours.

In retrospect I almost appreciate this 'anti-scent' nature. If you are feeling a bit meek about what to wear for a date this would be a decent choice. The odor is entirely pleasant and soft. Slightly warm and comforting with just the right amount of sweetness. You'd be hard pressed to offend any but the most
sensitive and persnickety noses. I'd even say that there is a genuine sensuality pervading Obsession Night. Neutered, though it may be. Worth sampling.

RobbieX

Just to add to below. This is a bit of a grower and the sillage is really very pleasant. Worth getting if you see it on special offer.

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

The original Obsession is a classic. Some people don't like it, fair enough, but it's still a bona fide 80's classic. This 2005 flanker... not so much. The opening is a really quite cheap synthetic mess. Bad enough for me to almost write this one off as a terrible blind buy, even at the very reasonable £19.50 I paid for a huge 125ml edt bottle. Give it 45 mins or an hour though and it does improve. The main note is musk but there is a definite hint of fruit (the general consensus is pear) and vanilla. It's quite spicy as well and I can definitely pick out a hint of coconut. I'd say that basically it's a mixture of Morgans Spiced Rum (or maybe Bacardi spice) mixed with some coconut sun-tan oil, a bit of pear and a lot of musk. A thumbs up but only if you can get it for a decent price as to be honest it's quite average although the dry down is nice.

Seanery
Seanery

This scent is amazing in my opinion. I love how the Pear and Vanilla come together and make a kind of coconut scent as stated by 'benpaul12'.

But I think wat is very distinct to me is how the grapefruit and patchouli become more apparent over the course of the drydown and THOSE are the scents that occupy the sillage of the fragrance. So up close you got Pear/Vanilla "coconut" flavor which is sexy and close. Butthe further out you go have Grapefruit/Patchouli which is exciting and playful.

It is basically a scent-trap for chicks. It is pretty genius.

benpaul12
benpaul12

The opening reminds me of sun-block, there is quite a coconut and banana type smell which I would say is from the blend of pear, vanilla and musk.

It then quickly starts its dry-down to reveal the herbs, grapefruit and spices. It certainly is an interesting blend of fresh earthy notes with the creamier tones.

I like this, but I don’t love it. I don’t really feel like myself in this fragrance, I am not entirely sure it is for me. Seems as if it would suit summer night time as I find it to be quite a balmy fragrance. It would be a nice continuation from a day at the beach into a summer evening.

Silage: 3/5
Longevity: 2.5/5
Total: 8.5/15

Worth a try.

Nik604
Nik604

It's all about the drydown with this fragrance! In the first 5/6 hours is just some pastry smell But then comes the magic - must be the patchouli and the musk in the base. They last for a very long time on my skin, even on the next morning I can feel their strong and divine presence...-)
All in all is very charming and sensual fragrance.
Like an invisible smile in the night.

Lana Cristina
Lana Cristina

Poderoso, feminino, marcante e suave ao mesmo tempo. Amei!

peferrarine
peferrarine

I liked it. I just bought this one and the regular one (Obsession). The two are kinda similar. I smell the spicy-incense thing of the Obsession in this one too, but softer. On top there's vanilla and pear (the pear on this one is like Pear Glace, from Victoria's Secret).
It's better blended, less invasive, more intimate then the regular Obsession.

Update: i get kind of a coconut smell. It reminds me a little bit of Deseo, by J.Lo (The first one), except that this one is more masculine and 'darker'

bronstein

You can still find it in some shops nowadays even though it's discontinued, and it still fails to convince me. Perhaps my excpectations are biased, because it's not aptly titled. @Bigsly: Good point with your suggestion to call it "Obsession Day".

I just noticed that my two bottles are not made by the same company. I just did an ankle sampling from the Calvin Klein Cosmetics bottle. The other is by Coty and I'll have to update this review when I sample that one. Other than this being named inappropriately (it should be called Obsession Day for Men, IMO), it's quite good overall, somewhere between a light oriental and a light gourmand, but with a vetiver note that keeps things balanced and non-cloying. I've seen this done before, for example in Dior Homme, Roadster, and Jacomo for Men (not Jacomo de Jacomo), probably because it works so well in practice, even though it may sound strange to "hardcore vetiver fans." The ingredient quality seems fairly good and note separation is reasonable as well (and it's definitely not too sweet). Due to good note contrast there is reasonable dynamism, and it is versatile. If you are looking for some heavy, in your face scent, this isn't it (in particular the patchouli is mild). However, for me it's a nice change of pace type of scent. I have a feeling I wasn't pleased with the last wearing because I remember using the Coty bottle (they are different sizes), so I am now very curious about a possible inferior reformulation.

UPDATE: Okay tried the Coty version and it's a fuzzy, muddled, powdery vanillic nothing, IMO. Where's the vetiver? Looks like someone thought the vetiver was too expensive !

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I received the aftershave as a gift so I went ahead and bought the eau de toilette. Upon first application I knew I was going to like this one! The pear, vanilla, cardamon, nutmeg combination is lovely! It smells fruity and tropical but it has a nice spice to it. It is soft and definitely different than the original but I like it much more. It is not strong at all but it does the job. It is perfect for a casual fragrance for fall and winter. Love it!

Voopie
Voopie

I love this perfume on a men.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Ahh wel it was sold today for 15 euro! and its a big 4.2 bottle and well uhmmm i was like...can't let this one go..you can come into my fragrance cabinet as well buddy! :-)
I did always hesitated this one as i tested this sniffing it from the cap.

To my nose it was a very synthetic and cloying sweet combo (from the spraycap) but on skin this one enters in 10 minutes a smooth warm combo of pear and vanilla indeed almost smellig COCO-JAMBO-COCONUTTS.
Its not projecting hard? as i suspected and guessed this would be a sillage monster but i was wrong? this one enters the close to skin range very quick

But hey it smells so familiar?
You know what i smell?
Marc Jacobs men!
Its the toned down version!! i smell fig leaves.
If you like this you will def. appreciate Marc Jacobs Men!
I need both on my wrists to compare but im sure it has much in common!

Im happy i did buy it and i will dress up soon wearing this (20plus sprays to get my own sillage throughout the day/night)

deadidol

I feel like I should update my review of this. I bought it a while back (the big bottle, for $20), and really loved the fragrance but I was so disappointed with the longevity that I returned it almost immediately. But I was sort of haunted by the smell and quickly became obsessed with tracking it down again (ha!). I returned to the store where I purchased it, and they had my returned bottle priced as double what I paid -- so clearly I got a good deal first time around. Rather than paying double, I bought a bottle on ebay for a little more than I originally paid just thinking I could douse myself in it every ten minutes or so. But what's weird is this new bottle's longevity is totally different -- it lasts hours now! Don't get me wrong, it's not outstanding longevity by any means, but apparently there must different batches of this floating around. So long story short, I now have a bottle that holds up just fine! Stoked!

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

Tried it multiple times, at first it was great. I loved the smell, very masculine. After 6-7 times now the musk almost smells like I just went to the gym and worked up a sweat. It doesnt seem to go with my body chemistry or maybe I just dont like the smell. If you love musk, this is for you!

deadidol

I'm not getting the Tom Ford Black Orchid reference as the TF is somewhat sickly sweet, chocolaty, rank black current room-clearer. This has none of those notes whatsoever, and is a very understated pear/ musk combo. When I say understated, I mean little projection and poor longevity -- but it's certainly there. I'd view this more as a skin scent, but with a very unusual and developed fragrance to it. Probably my favorite of the CK line (which isn't saying much) -- certainly the most unique of the bunch. I hope they reformulate it to give it a bit more oomph while maintaining the same blend of notes.

ScentsAreEverything
ScentsAreEverything

I haven't tried Obsession yet, though I heard it is mostly love or hate. All I can say is, that this flanker, Obsession Night is outstanding.

I received a 2.5 / 75ml package as a X-mas gift. Testing it for like a week as of now.

About the bottle: comes in a simple box, nothing groundbreaking. The bottle itself is classy, the spraying mechanism, while quite cheap, works well. I don't have issues with the cap - it stays on the bottle easily.

I instantly jumped on it and tried sniffing-sampling it on "home-made" mouilettes (paper blotters), and I wasn't really sure about it. The vanilla-pear-cardamom-nutmeg combination is strong with this one; I'm not sure if you are aware of a caribbean rum called Malibu, but they have the same smell, or at least it seems so (I love it btw!). Weird, and maybe my nose did tricks on me, but that came to my mind first.

As I've said above, Pear is a main accord here; I wasn't really sure if it was pear, it was like coco, but after checking the note breakdown, yes - it a huge bed of pears.
And I would continue with the other accords, but I can't really say anything...this scent dies very fast on my skin - few hours and it is gone. Projection is also disappointing - skin scent, projects close to nothing. This is the ONLY issue with this fragrance.

People say the original Obsession was a major release in the late '80s - it was sexy, erotic, outstanding, enormous, masculine... I'm not sure about this one. The guys at the "CK Lab" probably pushed the wrong button, because this one is characterless and modern - and unisex imho, the fruity notes are heavy and bit sweet. Don't get me wrong, I could handle these - but not with this overall performance.

Overall verdict:

Longevity....: 5/10 - sad story

Projection...: 5/10 - if I were a stone-hearted guy, both longevity and projection would be 3/10

Versatility..: 8/10 - it shines here though! Spring-fall-winter bomb,you can pull it off in the summer nights too.

Compliments, smell..: 8/10 - pretty good, it is not as special as your Le Male, A*Men, Fahrenheit, Aventus, TV, Black Afgano etc., but I definitely like it.

6.5/10

+ smells great
+ I like the bottle
+ garners few compliments
+ versatile
+ cheap price tag - 20-50 smackaroos depending on bottle size

- dies easily
- projects close to nothing
- spraying more won't improve the performance, but makes it cloying
- can't really see as a signature scent

lila_says
lila_says

Definitely the "poor man's" Tom Ford Black Orchid. Nice & very comparable fragrance but no longevity. It's missing the strength & magic of Black Orchid, good for times when you don't want to waste the real stuff.

truckbasket
truckbasket

Absolutely loved the notes -- warm and rich, yet not too sweet -- but, as others have mentioned, the longevity was terrible. It was virtually undetectable on my skin after 30 mins. Very sad as the fragrance itself is awesome.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I blind purchased this and I'm pleasantly surprised by this scent. It's a really soft scent. Not too loud, but not a pushover neither. The pear really starts to development after the hour mark. I get around 6-7 hours of longevity on my skin. I can definitely see this being a evening cologne, but I've added this to my winter work cologne rotation. This is a good pick up for the price. I only paid $24.99 from TJ Maxx. Very Satisfied.

rsthlm
rsthlm

Simply magic treat for me and my skin
If this scent was a person I would simply fall in love (no doubt about it)

empathyboy
empathyboy

Imagine you are at a large boring formal party when suddenly in bounds a noisy flamboyant guest. All heads turn and for a moment the conversation stops to acknowledge this noisy gate-crasher. Some people will continue to look because this inappropriately dressed stranger is somewhat intriguing but most people return to their business (this is a civilised part after all). You look longer than you would like to, caught off-guard by qualities you have not seen before but you quickly turn away because you dislike the type of person that upsets the status-quo for reasons of their own apparent vanity.

As the evening progresses, you find yourself stealing glances at the uninvited guest. They have settled down and have become the charmer of the party, smiling, flirting, laughing and yet remaining detached and elusive all at the same time.

Some hours later you step out onto the balcony to study the night. You look up and curse the night-glow of artificial lighting for preventing the beauty of the stars from being truly appreciated. It is at this moment that you realise someone is standing close behind you. You turn to face the intriguing stranger. They stand before you silent, demure, and with the air of someone who knows a valuable secret. How can this be the same 'brash' person from earlier? And then, as if sensing what you are thinking, the guest answers with a seductive smile, "I had to get your attention somehow".

RobbieX

A nice vanilla/fruity scent. Starts with pear and vanilla. The drydown is floral , fruity and white musk which is pretty close to the skin - a bit like Rive gauche Light for men. It does have it's own character however. Not bad, but I will only buy it in future if I see it cheap.

9154mf
9154mf

Started of smelling like a boring businessman's scent, well that's what my brother's reaction was, but after a while it warms up and becomes more spicy fresh sexy. It's still a very light perfume though with very little sillage, a bit misleading from what you might think from the name and packaging.

mashur
mashur

I think this smells very unique. My wife loves it. I have a lot of good memories wearing this fragrance. It stands out from other fragrances. Just love it.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

bought it last night. its very decent, soft and adoring. with a light crisp of coconut reflects a beautiful aroma. can be used both day or night, but preferably nights. But the longevity is bit weaker area.rest is really good. thumbs up calvin.

andy

I honestly smell too much lavendar, musk, vanilla, amber and STRONG PUNGENT notes and I think this would be fairly offputting if over applied

VanAllan
VanAllan

I didn't like at all original Obsession so that's probably why I didn't try this Night version until today.
An interesting, modern & mystic fragrance that starts off with a sweet pear/cardamom blast and a dash of bitter-herbal feel (grapefruit/artemisia) that dives slowly for the next 20-30min. in an oriental combination of woody-spicy notes...nutmeg, vanilla and patchouli all reported present here...very nice, perfect for a night out in the summer-fall or a cold rainy day.
Good longevity (5-8 hrs.), average projection.
Glad I didn't pass by it. My rank 8.2/10. ☣☣☣

andrada2003
andrada2003

I just love it!! I bought it to my husband but alas, he didn't like it, so I have to use it from time to time.It's gorgeous, even better than my Obssesion Night for women. I smelled it on my brother and... it's one of a kind. I truly hope I'll convince my husband to wear it. It's sexy, it's hot, it's all you ever want for your man. My opinion, of course.

MonarC
MonarC

Staying power is very low on me... It was disappointment, but I like that smell.

JohnMc
JohnMc

A very subtle, sensual and fleeting spray. Unlike it's elder brother; Obsession, ON doesn't dominate everything in sight (I love the original by the way), rather it transmits a subtle and gentle form of sensory pleasure and earthy/woody attraction with a hint of orientals and sweetness, just before it disappears! Just bought a discounted bottle today by chance (it's been discontinued here in the UK) and I am minded to buy another one, before it can no longer be found - except for EBay.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

For me this is a Oriental aromatic/fruity, it isn´t a heavy fragrance, and not only for evening. The opening we have grapefruit and pear, and they continues in the drydown mixed with spicy vibe nutmeg, musk giving a suede aspect and the base with a light patchouli/ vanilla combo.
It´s a oriental with versatily, not much sweet, for me its like a light candy fruity, reminds me plum too! The best CK after Euphoria Intense have a good longevity and medium projection, but i indicate to a romantic date.

babybash44
babybash44

A sweet and alluring night-time fragrance NOTHING like the original Obsession. I have extremely fond memories of this, sitting in the bun-warmed seat of my mom's Cadillac as we went late night shopping in the Winter. The mini bottle of this would be perfect to keep in a glove box if you ever need to spritz on something sexy for a date; I highly recommend.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Its a heavy, dark, quite fruity scent of sophistication, intrigue and calmness. I love the pear and artemisia.

It's an easily favourited sccent.I remembered it, from 2006, as an orange flavored chocolate smell, but my nose was too amatuer at the time to think of anything else or pick the fragrance apart. But I know that in my amatuer experience, I've found some favourable gems (Black XS, A*Men, 273 Indigo) all because, at the time, they smelt like everyday things like chocolate or soap.
Obsessision Night is one of those favourable gems that you dont forget. Those who love it, love it mainly at night and save it for social times = favouritism.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

Obsession night is very similar to Tom Ford Black Orchid!
IMO the same "coconutty dark choco" smell !

for this many consider TF Black orchid to be used by Men.

Cylob
Cylob

As artificial as most of the CK's.
Got this as a present and didn't like it, so used the bottle as a bedroom odorer. Thank god it's longevity isn't great, so usually the scent was gone before I reentered the room at night.
Sorry, but I'm just not a fan of most of the CK's and this one isn't even the worst I've come across.

bigfattonypwnsyou
bigfattonypwnsyou

It kinda smells like Pencil Shavings idk Y but its ok. I just got it today so It will grow on me. I'm not saying its bad either.

lilou
lilou

Intoxicating : gave me headaches. My husband liked it and he used it until the last drop and it was only the aftershave...my poor head. Too strong.

Of course it is not Obsession, it's Obsession NIGHT! What shines in the day and is warm gets smoother, cooler and laid-back at night...makes sense to me. Obsession came out in the 1986, and this came out 2 decades later; so of course it is more modern and lighter. ONM is spicy, cool and smooth-I find it very intruiging...

This scent starts with pears glazed in citrus with some spicy cardamom and a cool and bitter silvery artemisia. The fruitiness is juicy and not too sweet, and the herbs & spice add subtle hints of the original. The heart is a musky smooth, warmed suede that works well in cooler night air and crisp fall days. At very first sniff, I got the oriental feel; but thought maybe it should have been a 'spicy' as opposed to a 'woody'. The vetiver gives it some woodiness in the drydown and the patchouli makes it earthy and rich, while vanilla adds a dark sweetness that rounds it out well. This is a darker, softer interpretation of Obsession and when you want something more subtle and sweet with hints of spices and a sexy creaminess, reach for this one...

Sillage: pretty good
Longevity: good (on me)
Overall: 4/5

I own both the mens and the womens versions and find they both work well on my skin. I can't believe people are saying this does not last; because I can smell it on clothing (after applying to skin) the next day, and more than a hint lingering on my skin. I am glad I got an extra bottle of this since it has been discontinued! Very luxurious, modern and sexy...

AdamB
AdamB

Notes / scent: 4
Longevity / sillage: 2.5
Overall / subjective feelings: 3.5
Description: bitter spices and sweet pear
Short opinion: The ideal in certain situations, but the disadvantage is fatal long lasting.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance. It is so unique and totally stands apart from the crowd. Smells awesome after a couple of hours. I can easily see myself buying this again.

Endymion
Endymion

Why is that called Obsession NIGHT? It has nothing to do with Obsession! And I mean the concept, not the fragrance. The original Obsession was to be sensual, aggressive, furthermore EROTIC. Obsession Night is the opposite of this, it's a relaxing nice but characterless fragrance. It's comforting, safe, inoffensive, a bit fresh fruity fragrance. Definately won't be in the market for long.

gianmarco
gianmarco

this cologne is excellent, i still have my bottle from 3 years ago(not much left),confident and masculine, a very dark and elegant scent - 8.5/10

n_milligan
n_milligan

i love this one. it smells really dark. just wish it would last longer for me....

periquito89
periquito89

There is a pleasant openning with that pear note and then is nothing but confort during its drydown. Yes, I can also smell something that is close to coconut, like in D&G The One. It has something that remembers me the traditional orientals, without being a power bomb 80's or 90's frag.

jasonx
jasonx

If you like this one but find it to be short-lived then Paul Smith London can be a perfect upgraded replacement. The two scents smells almost identical except for Obsession Night seems a bit darker while Paul Smith London is a bit brighter and more complex.

Regarding longevity and sillage, while Obsession Night only blooms for 1 hour and then die down after 3, PS London actually lasts for more than 8 hrs with amazing sillage.

And the fact that PS London was launch a year before this one tells the "who's who" here!

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I have smelt this various times but could never find it in stores. I ordered a small 30ml bottle and i must say I love this fragrance. It's warm and spicy, and I dont know how people arent getting the original Obsession from this, I'm definately smelling it in the dry drown on my skin. It's there, even if it's just a faint connection it's definately obsession.

bronstein

I was really excited when I saw this one in the shop for the first time a couple of years ago, as I somehow grew up with the original Obsession for males, which is somehow the scent of my youth.

But alas, this one never convinced me. Some comments below mention that one should be tried a couple of times, and I did that. Yet I always returned to the original, in that sense "pure" obsession.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This one is a true gem, only in the sense that it is now getting rarer and rarer to find, and it smells exotic and different to different people - some find it has coconut, other pear and a "suedy" smell. I find it very light, very pleasant, and not very long-lasting. This is a good scent, but only on those cool spring nights when you're not planning on being anywhere fancy. Okay for daytime use, too. After the first hour it stays close to the skin, though.

ObsessionForMen
ObsessionForMen

ON does not get the accolades that it deserves. Opens with a fresh pear accord layered with soft warm notes. Very easy to wear and smells expensive. This could easily be a "niche" scent-it's that good! Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. Buy a bottle if you find one.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I wore this fragrance early in the day as I wanted to enjoy it in the evening at my job at the Hotel. I knew it was a light fragrance in comparison to the original Obsession for Men. My conclusion is that although subtly masculine, it's not exclusively a night-time fragrance as I tested on a warm day out. There were no positive/negative comments, which is a good thing as well.

Obsession Night for Men is not over-powering, nor significant as a major scent on the market, but pleasant enough to wear comfortably, but you may need to refresh if you want it to be outstanding enough by night. I literally bathed in it and it's just a subtle close-to-the-skin fragrance that initially reminded me of a lighter Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene or Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme although there is no real relationship to these scents.

As commented by most reviewers, the lasting strength is dissimilar to the original Obsession which lasts 12 hours or dawn to dusk without a re-spray.

andy

nice back in the 80s but the lavendar really makes this heavy on the nose and restricts its use not a good buy unless you go clubbin a LOT at night

i personally prefer fcuk, burberry brit over this stuff

ily_sb
ily_sb

high class , great smell, great for night activities ;)

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Funny, because I detect coconut when I wear this, but there's no coconut..hmm. Beautiful scent that I love to wear on special nights out.

vdxl
vdxl

Three years ago I thought I hated it, but now I can really appreciate its quality. It smells very smoky, but it is also a great cedarwood and gaiacwood scent. It takes a while until it settles down into a very masculine scent. Definitely, this one is ONLY for men. I mean, if you are a woman who wears men cologne, wear something else. This scent evokes very well the Orient and it must have been inspired by the famous incense sticks. But anyway, you should try it before buying, cause your skin decides if it suits you.

knightz
knightz

Obsession Night starts out with the scent of Pears stewing in a lightly sweet Cardamom-Vanilla broth. Along with the opening is a soft leathery note accented by a very light Patchouli note and some woody Vetiver. The Patchouli is not strong, it contributes to the woodiness of the fragrance. Very well mixed, sweet but not too sweet. When I spray this on my wrist, I don't want to stop sniffing it. Very addictive.

It has some sillage for the first hour, then it becomes a soft, warm and woody skin-scent, perfect for close encounters. It lasts about 4 hours on me. It's a nice Fall/Winter night-time fragrance, it doesn't stand up to the heat of Summer nights very well.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Interesting combination of pear and suede, but unfortunately with a total lack of staying power. The fragrance stays very close to skin within one hour. Otherwise, a big thumb up! The color of the bottle is just lovely... It captures the essence of midnight!

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

My step dad likes this as he likes non-complicated, simple scents.

I suggest it for people who are very low maintenece and chilled. Its not a scent for everybody!!

acc
acc

last year i received this as a gift. i wanted to womit the first time i used it. it is extremely synthetic, and has a dominant pear-suede note. it makes me sick. exchanged this one with an adidas!
hope this will be the last CK i smell...

The 125ml EDT is on sale in the Perfume Shop (UK) for £19.99 now that is amazing price. I bought one today. It very nice strong fragrance

ticalau
ticalau

The fragrance it's not so strong and long lastig as Obsession, but it's ok. I do prefer the old obsession and i got 2 say that i can use it day and night! This one it's just to modern...

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

This Night is so modern, young, yet high class, fresh, and gentle.

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein 3.53 out of 5 based on 323 ratings and 72 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Obsession Night for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Obsession Night for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.