Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Obsession Sheer Calvin Klein for women
dislike

herbal
Obsession Sheer Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Obsession Sheer by Calvin Klein is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Obsession Sheer was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Rene Morgenthaler. The fragrance features coriander, amber, mandarin orange, musk, tagetes, vanilla, incense and bergamot.

Coriander Amber Mandarin Orange Musk Tagetes Vanilla Incense Bergamot

Obsession Sheer Fragrance Reviews

truffles
truffles

Lovely, although very short-lasting.
I have a couple of sample vials of this and haven't worn it for quite a while but today, it's making me regret getting rid of my big bottle of Must de Cartier. *pout*

Aeris
Aeris

This literally smells like Raid bug spray to me. I saw after browsing through the reviews that I'm not the only one to think so. I don't mind getting down voted out the wazoo as long as this review prevents someone from blind buying a large bottle. Get a sample first. Maybe it will work better for your chemistry.

patxaran

I was wearing this yesterday and reapplied it after a few hours, thinking it wasn't very noticeable. Big shock this morning, the fragrance seems to have amplified over night and become stronger. Lovely drydown, similar to original obsession but much more woody and no animalic notes.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Absolutely delighted with this version of obsession!

I do love obsession but I find I can so easily be too heavy handed with it and have to really be in the mood.

My mother always wore it years ago and so its taken some time to get over the "mumsy" feel I get from the original.

I think because in my mind this is "different" I can really appreciate the fragrance more and I enjoy the fresher opening. If you like obsession on others and thought you caouldnt carry it off yourself- try this for sure!!

This still drys down to the same gorgeous, creamy comforting yet alluring obsession i remember so is a definite winner for me.

WARNING - this is vanishing fast from the market! get it now before it sky rockets in price!

Ramanusia
Ramanusia

I adore Obsession (the original) on my friend, but sadly it does not like me. Something (I suspect it's the patch) gets musty and sour on me. The sheer version loves me, thank goodness. It actually smells on me, as it does on her.

One of the members of my collection that elicits compliments from people who have to sit next to me for hours at a time :-)

patxaran

This is a hugely loveable more harmless version of Obsession original. Less dusty somber and more.... well, can I say gingerbready? You know, those gingerbread heart miniatures filled with jam, but it has to be a quality brand with enogh spices in the gingerbread. Imagine before you bite into one you close your eyes and anticipate the moist filling with it's slight booziness. Aaaah, I am loving it. If you don't, well, you have been warned ;-)

Soie
Soie

Originally I bought this because it has a vague similarity to the hard-to-find Adrienne Vittadini, which is one of my favorite fragrances. Sometime later, after finally locating and purchasing a flacon of Adrienne Vittadini, I compared the two scents and realized that they both have in common: mandarin orange, bergamot, musk, vanilla and a high percentage of amber.

Obsession Sheer is, of course, lovely in its own right. While it's not noticeably floral, it does have a dry but somewhat subdued hint of incense & herbs blended in with the sweetness of the amber and vanilla notes.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

WOW... I don't know what I was expecting. I bought a used bottle off eBay... small one (1.7)... I LOVE Obsession and was hoping this to maybe be more floral, say, and less herbal but still have that signature Obsession scent ribboning throughout... based on the reviews, I thought that was what I was in for... but wow...This smells like caramel. Straight up synthetic over-the-top I-ate-too-much-caramel caramel. And not in a good way. This is so sickening sweet that even I, Miss Gourmand love-the-sweet-stuff-can-you-say-Pink-Sugar? Gal, find this way, way, way, too sweet. I'm sorta glad. I'll be happy to turn around in a year's time & list it on eBay for double what I paid.

Just. Wow.

Milisenta
Milisenta

Absolutely love this perfume and am so sorry they've discontinued it! I seriously don't understand why best scents are limited edition!

I never wore the original Obsession, but from what i know of the smell, it's much heavier and "demanding". This version is truly sheer, it's exquisite without giving your headache and very sexy as well. I wish i could've stocked up! Now i am searching for a scent that would resemble it...

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is an interesting scent. i havent tryed the original and did not know what to expect by trying this . first a blast off citrus, mixed whit vanilla and tagetes , fresh and a sligt bit off powder.i thought. mm not bad not bad.. But then the insenc and coriander takes ower and it gets a bit to much , the powedryness is still there . but now its much more spicy and a bit sickenly on my skin , The vanilla turns a bit almondy and that mixing whit coriander ... not my thing..
i could not wear this all day , but i would love to smell it on others pasing by.. a sniff and walk besid scent. he he .
nice but not for me , lukely its just a sample

sofababe
sofababe

As a lover of Obsession who often finds it too strong for particular situations I was intrigued to try Sheer Obsession. Its Obsession for daytime use. Anyone familiar with Obsession would definitely recognise Sheer as part of that family, but its quiter, softer, sweeter, even suitable for office wear. The sillage is very good and the lasting power is incredible, 11 hours so far!!!! Such a shame its no longer available. Hey CK, re-release this one, please???

kgb1_nz
kgb1_nz

I love this fragrance. More's the pity because I can't find it anywhere (I was given a miniature CK perfume pack). This is one of the few perfumes that never gives me sinus headaches, or has harsh chemical after notes. And every once in a while I turn my head and think 'Mmmm. That smells lovely.' And then I realise it's me.

swedeangel
swedeangel

I dont like obsession ,the original,since its too spicy,too much cinnamon ,its masculine and intoxikating on me, i feel like a cookery.still,its well done and has class,i admit that. then i came to have a smple of obsession sheer.
Now thats an entirely different thing!! My payers was answered!
Everything i liked about obsession,is here,but softened down to an enjoyable level,you can only hint the spices ,and the maculinity is taken off,thanks to some bautiful flowers that softens it up .
Its still an obsessionsscent,but mild and romantic,a bit more polite and it doesnt stay on you forever,wich i find positive.
Try it,its a beauty!

Eyla
Eyla

at first it opens with a quick bite of citruses, even too quick to notice if you are applying in a hurry.
then all I can smell for entire day is soft incense, pinch of coriander spice, powdery vanilla and just a touch of amber as it's fading.
it is never a loud performer, rather an intimate companion to my nose only.

I was searching for a 'foggy' perfume to evoke a sight I like to experience - in the early mornings going over the bridge and seeing river of my town covered with fog and little birds floating on it's surface looking like paper origami's from a distance.
now I can invoke those moments just by breathing when I have Obsession Sheer on me!

zbarroness
zbarroness

Not sure why, but to me all CK fragrances give me a headache, stuffy nose & watery eyes. They also smell like Raid bug spray to me - not saying it stinks like Raid - it actually smells like Raid to me.

gesch
gesch

I don't really remember the original one, so I just describe this fragrance without comparison.
It's spicy - I smell clearly the coriander and I would have sworn there is nutmeg in it, and a hint of curry ;)
The citrus as bergamot and especially the mandarin are clearly detectable after the first blast of spices.
I like the scent the most within the first 10-30 min:
the spices settle, amber softens and the mandarin offers just a bit of balance so it doesn't become to heavy with incence. What I really have to cope with is the drydown heavy-dusty incence I suppose, makes me want to scrub it off.
Although it is "sheer" - I can't wear it daily or during daytime. It's too spicy-heavy on me; on some days I even get headaches from it.
It's a love-hate relationship: I know I can't sell or give it away - I'd miss it. But I wear it so seldom it's embarassing...
I can't detect the tagetes,overmore even if there are flowers, they aren't outstanding or strong.
I don't know why it is in the floriental section - on me and to me it is plainly oriental-spicy.
The perfume does last up to 10 hrs (not strong but it's there) - and you get it in Online-shops from the Uk / ebay quite reasonable priced...

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

I agree with LadyJedi. Sheer is instantly recognizable as Obsession, but softened and more "user friendly". For those that love the original, this is a great daytime option. Sad that it's been discontinued!

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A well done sheer version of the great original Obsession. A fresh oriental blend of spices and flowers in the opening combined with a powdery earthy blend of amber, vanilla and musk in the base notes. Unlike the original Obsession Sheer is not too strong for daytime and office wear. Unfortunately it is impossible to find where I live - they say it has been withdrawn from the market :(

Obsession Sheer by Calvin Klein 3.86 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Obsession Sheer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Obsession Sheer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Obsession Sheer by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Obsession Sheer by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.