Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Reveal Calvin Klein for women

salty
Reveal Calvin Klein for women Videos
Reveal Calvin Klein for women Pictures Reveal Calvin Klein for women Pictures Reveal Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Reveal is a new fragrance by Calvin Klein coming out in September of 2014.Reveal is announced as a sensual oriental; a scent of sun-kissed skin, sea salt, summer sunset and a cashmere scarf that covers the shoulders when the evening approaches.

The composition is developed by perfumers Jean-Marc Chaillan and Bruno Jovanovic. Salt accords, white and black pepper at the top blend with the heart of powdery iris and ambergris. Sensual and rich sandalwood gives this fragrance the signature and constructs its base together with vetiver, sandalwood, cashmere and musk.

The face of the perfume is Dutch model Doutzen Kroes, along with British actor Charlie Hunnan. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum with body lotion and shower gel.

Salt Pink Pepper Black Pepper White Pepper

Vocalise
Rem

Reveal Fragrance Reviews

Bee-young-ka

I first review this scent in a bit of a whiney tone, why so light in silage, why no projection?

Now I understand the term 'Skin Scent'.
..And if floral is not your thing this is just about perfect.

What lies close to the skin is soft salty musk & sandalwood with very distinct white pepper foreground (trust me pepper is my most sort after note) and warm black pepper with vetiver as a base.
I will always keep a bottle, the ultimate come to bed Scent.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Ohh God what a treat it is to wea ths one .
Its so cosy , so warm and comforting. It is unusual to me . not like anything else i have . This feas ike a second skin to me . like i just steped out of the shower fresh and warm .
I cant realy say that the scent is Salty although i guess it is its ,just a strange thing i cant realy wrapp my head around it. To me its more woody and slightly warm floral. Not anything like Womanity like others have stated .not on my skin anyway . This is much easyer to wear
A warm comforing blanket , warm (clean) skin in the sun.
Its like warm skin after sunbathing , a sunset at the beach with flowers lingering in the wind . A beautiful mesmerising scent .
oh how i love it ..

bananas
bananas

I SWEAR.....EVERY time I wear this scent....compliments come at me from everywhere I leave a trail!! I kid you not.
Whenever people smell this, they always say I smell good, nice, beautiful....& me...I'm rather selfish with my scents so I don't wear it for other's benefit.
I just love it for my own olfactory pleasure but if others want to get in on it too it's certainly proven to be a crowdpleaser as well.

kristamb
kristamb

Ugh. I sprayed this to test and couldn't wash it off fast enough!! Way too strong and sharp or me....And it definitely reminds me of more of a vintage perfume rather than something introduced in the past few years from Calvin Klein....I felt like I had sprayed Jessica Simpson's Fancy Noghts perfume on--Just wayyy to spicy and sharp for me.

Reveal 'revealed' itself to me just this week, coming into it's own in a warm late autumn in Sydney. I tried unsuccessfully over summer to wear this fragrance and gave up. It was too cloying, heady and powdery. So I resigned it to the bottom of my wardrobe, destined to collect dust forever….. until just the other day when I decided I needed a scent match for my cashmere sweater. Something cozy and warm. A scent to cuddle into.

I reached for Reveal, not expecting much - and wowsers! What a revelation! Silage seems softer in the cooler months and the scent wears close to the skin. It is warm and a little woody, a touch chocolate-ty, musky and cashmerian. What I mean by this is that it is powdery, comforting - like a luxe fabric softener on your knits. Strangely, for me the top notes are sweet and plasticky - a cross between sour gummy bears, glossy lipstick and a dusty pink pepper.

Dry down is a delight. A personal experience. One that won't offend your neighbours. It wafts in between sandalwood and powder and musk. Longevity is decent. The soft woody base notes resonate and cling to your clothing. And it is not overpowering during the cooler months. It kind of glows. Making it a great day time fragrance, one for the office and one for winter.

The good news is I have received compliments on this fragrance. This does not tend to happen to me too often given that my extensive scent wardrobe veers into the obscure, strange or just too outright niche category for people to put a finger on it. And I realise this is just the reason people like Reveal - there is a hint of familiarity about it. Nothing too offensive. Pleasant. No surprises. Just nice.

Excellent value for the investment - get yours on sale. Reveal outshines against my $200+ Keiko Mecheri Lady Pointe and gives you more bang for your buck.

lulu169

wow, this smells SUMMER. It was my fav fragrance when I bought it in winter and I thought it was the perfect winter scent, being so intense, heavy and sweet. but now I see for the first time, that this is even BETTER and more suitable in hot summer!!! I wouldnt believe it, I just tried it by accident, when putting it back in the box for winter fragrances...who knows, maybe I will discover another perfect summer gems in my winter collection? Decadence maybe? just TRY!!!

capitolio23
capitolio23

I will confess my sin (It was Good Friday, two days before resurrection.I was in the church, some from my time smells an exotic PERFUME. do not know what is what wore in the crowd,Out of respect to God not turned to look back
THE Ambre GRIS EN CASHMERE WITH Traveling in the Indian Ocean, the afterthought An elegant lady black lingerie.
That was my sin

Caliope_
Caliope_

Reveal is for me a love-hate relationship. I love the initial notes: salty, sharp. 15 minutes into it, it's pure hate, for an hour or so. I think it might be its musky side. But after that, it settles, becomes a skin scent. Reveal is gorgeous, if you give it a chance. The opening reminds me of Moschino Glamour, while the drydown its similar to Burberry Rhythm.

Reveal smells like summer, its how your skin smells on the beach, warmed by the sun, kissed by the sea. This will be my first Calvin Klein. My next one will be Euphoria, which i decided to give a chance ( for me, Euphoria falls in the same categhory as Kenzo Jungle, but if Jungle it's not suitable for my age yet- i am in my mid 20s, Euphoria represents an accesible challenge). So if Euphoria is winter, Reveal is summer. No wonder it has the same designer, they complement each other.

This is my second review and i don't want to complain again about the sugary perfumes you encounter everywhere nowdays ( i hate them with a passion). Because of them, most will not appreciate Reveal, it's not generic. It's not even in the same story with the other Calvin Kleins( except maybe for the Euphoria and i explained why). Reveal made me give this house a second try. I will buy it, but don't get me wrong, i am still afraid of this scent. Reveal it's definitely not a safe play. Reveal smells like sex. I still question myself if i am brave enough to wear it. But i am ready to take the bet.

lemonzest
lemonzest

Reveal is just gorgeous! On my skin the cashmeran explodes into this sweet, rich cloud that mixes with the scratchy salt. Now this may not be everyone's experience, but when I wear Reveal it smells like I wore Obsession to the beach, without the cinnamon. This gets very sweet yet still retains a salty sweaty tang. It also reminds me of EL's Sensuous and DK's Cashmere Mist. Obviously it is the cashmeran note, a note to which I have not ever really given any thought. Reveal has opened my eyes to the beauty of cashmeran.

The swelling sweetness of the cashmeran and ambergris is tempered with salt. Without this salty note Reveal would just be a bland sweet pudding without structure.

Has this actually been discontinued? It is just glorious. I think it may be ahead of its time. I hope salty mineral notes gain in popularity because this combination smells exciting and fresh.

On me Reveal projects like crazy and lasts all day. Super strong, even with just one "walkthrough."

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I am currently obsessed with the beachy/salty vanilla of Olympea by Paco Rabanne, and I saw this compared to Olympea for it's soft skin-beachy-ness.... and blind bought a new 3.4 tester in box with cap. Olympea is quite new and expensive, and I wanted a cheaper option to wear casually.

Nope, this does not work on me. It's manly/unisex in a spicy way I do not like. The pepper reminds me of Si by Lolita Lempicka (which I have but don't wear that often) and it's all woody pencil shavings on me. Plus Reveal is a light skin scent and just stayed woody on my shirt.
It's not sweet on me at all. And it's not beachy. I guess it does smell like salty driftwood? But I get peppery pencil shavings period.

I did smell this in a magazine awhile back, when it was new, and liked what I smell. But on my skin it didn't work.

Used once, full, tester with cap, in tester box up for swap! PM me. I only swap full bottles, or equal value sizes, and I love anything sweet/gourmand.

anosh313
anosh313

Love it love it

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

Understated skin scent. Barely perceptible. Softly musky and salty. A little too "shy" for my huge personality!

Sasco
Sasco

Understated elegance, simple and chic. This is not at all what I had imagined from reading some of the reviews - I can't imagine anyone being easily offended by Reveal. A whisper of woods, a hint of spice and a barely there sweetness make this, to me at least, a beguiling and bewitching fragrance that gives a nod to unisex scents but is also extremely feminine. I really like this one! I'm generally not a fan of skin scents per se, but I think if Reveal were any louder, it would lose the essence of what makes it so unique. Elegance and subtlety make a good fit. Very, very nice.

Photojenchick
Photojenchick

Found this for a steal at TJ Maxx. One spray and that sense of peace settled in... the kind where I'm ready to shove the rest of my fragrance collection to the back of a storage closet and not even peek at them for a very long time. Fragrance-equivalent of discovering home and holding liquid serenity in the palm of my hand. Never imagined The One would come in the form of a CK fragrance. Should know snobbery has no place in perfumery. This is beautiful stuff. A departure from every designer-department store release in recent memory. Can't fathom how Reveal made it through Coty Prestige's relentless focus group tests. Kudos to Calvin Klein for having the guts to bring this to market. So short-sided, disappointing, but not surprising CK has elected to discontinue it barely a year past debut. I am heart broken. Flora-fruitchoulis have had their moment but the pendulum is already swinging the other way. Seems Reveal is ahead of its time and too niche-like for its own good.

For once the PR spin rings true; Solar Oriental is Reveal indeed; soft yet tenacious, ambergris, salt, sun, skin and a barely detectable floral that is effusive and lovely. Everything I'd hoped Hermes' Eau de and L'Ambre des Merveilles would be. Claims to be "the first" solar oriental on the market. Maybe, maybe not. All I know is nothing smells quite like it. In that way, it reminds me of Dior's Dune. Dune smells like Dune and nothing else. Likewise for Reveal. And it is gorgeous. Only complaint is the minimal silage but based on reviews here, the issue is more likely related to my skin chemistry, not the fragrance.

Found my signature in a discontinued fragrance. If you like, hoard up now before it tragically disappears.

lalondem

This smells sweet to me yet none of the notes are "sweet notes", is somethng missing on the descriptive blurb? Good casual scent to wear out to shop....

SuzeJoanne
SuzeJoanne

Tested This one on my skin today. At first I loved it, after 10 minutes or so I started to recognize this scent,sweet, salty.... And then it hit me... It smells like Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties G. I have owned that one years ago. It's a nice, warm and sunny scent. I like it but not for me.

Bee-young-ka

Could be nice if they turned up the volume on this one, I'm starting to find Calvin's scent are just all round lacking in longevity and silage.

I was excited to try as I love the idea of salt and pepper in perfume and what pepper I can smell is a refreshing twist noticeable white pepper but it even straight out the bottle it is bearly there.

It is really a wonderful scent rosey warmth from pink pepper A sheer soft pepper with delicate Iris that is complex and interesting and I just wish the scent would stay long enough for me to enjoy the dry down but it's gone.

I could love this but I want to shout TURN IT UP!

bottle is artsy and looks great on a vanity.

oh, it reminds me of J lo glow in sheerness and Naomi's Nao in freshness you know that 00's perfume "sheer" rebellion to perfumes like Red Door

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

Although I did not like this at all, I really love the men's version. Reveal for Men is actually rather unisex and perfect for summer. Reveal for men is lively.

This female version of Reveal is strange to me. Peppery salty powdery musk but without any trace of flowers on my skin.

I was raised in the southern part of the US where fried chicken is a holy ritual. I was raised to coat the raw chicken pieces using spiced flour in a brown paper bag. On my skin the female version of Reveal reminds me of the that peppery damp flour left in the brown bag after coating the chicken. I get wet brown paper bag, salt, heaps of peppercorn, a bit of sandalwood, damp musk and powder. This is not right for me!

If this is as problematic for you as it is for me, try the Reveal for men.

Beautiful bottle, very inexpensive at TJMaxx.

MattChartier

I reviewed this before and compared it to Secretions Magnifiques, but today I saw a 30ml for $12. at TJ Maxx and thought, what the hell. Let's try this again. Usually it's the perfumes that initially repulse me that eventually develop into addictive favorites, so I will give it another go. Still too afraid to even open the box, but I will update this review after I've mustered up the courage.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Reveal goes on like a soft cloud of white musk and salty sea air warmed by an amber sun. The ambergis and iris lend a gentle powdery quality to the fragrance while the sandalwood gives it an underlying creaminess. I get a rosiness from the pink pepper but not much in the way of spiciness. This is a fresh but warm scent. Very relaxed, calm, blends nicely with your skin.

dina
dina

Totally agree with the few reviews comparing Reveal to Alien or one its many flankers.

I actually prefer it over Alien, it's softer, milder and very wearable... but it stays close to the skin... No sillage and mediocre longevity.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This has that salty sea air note (yes, like Womanity, but not with the addition of the fishy-indolic note). It's fresh and lightly musky, like sandy, salty skin. The cashmeran is fresher than some versions of this. Interesting, but too short lived to be truly enjoyable. I was able to smell it for less than 3 hours; then it dried down to the faintest whiff on my skin. I could see this being a nice "perfume for when I don't want to wear perfume"--a night at the beach-house, a day on a yacht.

Madrona
Madrona

I'm confused. After reading the positively Balearic description I watched the featured commercial with Doutzen Kroes prancing around to tacky striptease rock in a skyscraper condo... to me this fragrance is more of the former, it is the scent of skin by the sea squared.

It's a nude scent but there is nothing revealing about it, and that is exactly the charm of this understated fragrance. Where Womanity is an assault of strange this is unusual with the volume turned down to a whisper, which is far more becoming to me.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Wow! What was that?? I was hit with something I couldn't put my finger to!! First sniff revealed nothing, 10 minutes later it started giving, giving and then some! I don't usually like Ambergris but here paired with cashmeran and salt is a seductive, creamy and aromatic Beauty! The spice rounds it nicely and it is strong but well blended. It evokes to perfection skin heated by the sun with remnants of sea salt on it. I didn't think I would be impressed but iam,this is a combination of notes that works well and harmoniously. Huge sillage but moderate longevity.

Divine!!!!!!
While Womanity is a stomach-churning, jammy sweet chaos for my nose. The marine note is a common caractheristic but they are total oposite side of parfumery.
It is clean, mild, with a sligthly savoury sandy texture. The drydown is sweet, vanilla-like surprise. Otherwise it is the semi-sweet aroma of clean feminine body.
I have Balmain Ambre Gris and that is greyer, colder, with the sweetness of cinnamon and amber. More elegant. Reveal is kinder, softer.

delamortia
delamortia

I took a whiff at the counter and was in awe: an unusual concoction of sweetness, saltiness and surprisingly, a little minty. I took the test paper home and was still able to smell the sweetness and saltiness for up to 4 days.

Fast forward to today when I decided to purchase the full size bottle did I again in shock: not because of the beauty of the very fragrance I tried, but a very light scent full of alcohol and smelt nothing like the aforementioned fragrance.

It smells vile like some kind of stinky bug at first, then within about 10 minutes settled down to a very soft weird salty sweaty skin-scent - and I literally bathed in the perfume again to see if I had used too little but the result was still the same. A horrible planned buy went completely wrong.

My congratulations to people who suit this fragrance but for me this is disturbingly horrible. If I could return this I would, for now after only 15minutes the scent is almost gone even though I had pull my wrist right at my nose to detect any remains.

cdot
cdot

Hesitated with this one, salty, peppery, what's that all about? Worth all the dithering, love it! It reminds me of a grown up ck contradiction. It's salty and vanillary. Yum yum.

PLT
PLT

No offense to those who like this - maybe others' body chemistry makes it work - but for me This. Is. Vile. I have a 17 year old dog with horrendous breath and this stuff smells exactly like his saliva. I love my fur baby, but I wouldn't dab his slobber on my wrists.

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

I really enjoy this fragrance. It is a nice sweet skin scent, but not too strong or too sweet. It just smells lovely. It reminds me a bit of Truth by Calvin Klein to be honest!

Wheaters
Wheaters

I am totally in awe of, and love with, this scent. Having determinedly not tried it because of comparisons to Womanity, I eventually caved in to the knowledge of my own mind and what I like, and looked properly at the notes. They looked like ones I would like, so I took the plunge and blind-bought this.
It's difficult to describe, but the best thing I can think of is either: clean, sun-warmed skin, but creamy and waaaaay better; or "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" (That's me, by the way, inhaling Reveal like some sort of crazed addict).
The comparisons to Womanity or variations thereof have surprised me because I detect no similarities at all. With Womanity et al, I have to scrub it off and a layer of skin just in case any remains; with Reveal, just get a big vat of it and dunk me right in there. In fact, leave me there, with some nose-room at the top. I assure you I'll be quite all right :)
It's creamy and warm and subtle and mild and nutty and beautiful. Straight on to freshly-showered, unscented (i.e. soaps, gels, creams etc) skin is where it's at its finest.
I am grateful that I am one of the chosen fortunate for whom this scent works :)

TL;DR: creamy warm-skin scent. Just beautiful. As always, YMMV.

NewYorkLady2015
NewYorkLady2015

This is a gorgeous but imo underrated scent. The salt, cashmeran and amber create a beautiful warmth, like a cozy blanket to cuddle up under. The different aspects are so well blended that you are not overwhelmed by any harshness.
I can easily see someone wearing it as an everyday scent.
What I like most about Reveal is that it's not comparable to anything that's out there, not even Mugler's often mentioned Womanity (although I do get where the association is coming from). Reveal is special, unique and stands out among all the sweet fruitchoulis and fresh flowerbombs that are on the market today.

shushkin
shushkin

Nice, but I am trained "nose" so I soon realised it was pretty much a dupe of Balmain Ambre Gris (a VERY WATERED down version at that) that I already own. If you look at the category and the list of notes then you have to admit there is a strong similarity.
BAG is a bit less salty and it lasts a lot longer than this. BAG is much stronger and deeper. Reveals bottle is very unwealdy and keeps falling over. I think you can tell which one I prefer.

Lilii
Lilii

I have tested Reveal before and did not like it. Today I gave both this and Womanity another chance and now I have paper strips of both on my desk. Are they similar? No.Are there any similarities between them? Yes. There is some kind of dry woody a little ice cold note in both of them.But Reveal is sweeter, more diverse, more balanced and easier to wear than Womanity.If Reveal is a whisper in the world of perfumes, Womanity would be the loud scream :) In fact I am starting to love Reveal and I am glad I tested it again.It can be considered as a signature scent since it is quite unique comparing to the fruity candy shampoo stuff out there.
Perfumes are like people never judge them before knowing them.

masrizalrikifariki

younger virgin sister of the bitchy Womanity..

Relax, matthew369

Everyone has a different opinion..that's what the reviews are for. Everyone has a different nose...

Womanity and Reveal may not smell the "same", but certainly, one can remind you of another in terms of "vibe." if that makes sense.

I've heard many people compare perfumes that I think smell nothing alike, but alas...

emt1986

Having smelled both, I can say that the comparison is not especially wide and definitely not off the mark. I think part of it is that while the similarity might not be overwhelming, it is between relatively unique notes. I smelled Reveal after having smelled Womanity and yes, there was a familiarity, and I definitely didn't have to think too long to come up with what it reminded me of.

Of course, not all perfumes smell exactly the same to everyone, something it seems you could stand to keep in mind.

matthew369
matthew369

nope. reveal is a soft, salty, creamy floral. womanity is a heavy, fig, fruity.

people who say a perfume "Reminds me of..." another should ask themselves if they were suffering from olfactory fatigue at the time before making wide-off-the-mark comparisons

@matthew369

Reveal has a distinct salty note that when combined with the ambergris and/or musk, could easily be reminiscent of the caviar note in Womanity.

olga_adriana

I find this one quite hard to describe. In my opinion, it's the most interesting and unusual fragrance of Calvin Klein. I can see how many users compare this one to Womanity, but I hate Womanity and I really love this! There is a salty sweetness about it, but not a sugary sweet, and I don't even know where that sweet element comes from, because none of the listed notes are. maybe it's the cashmeran that's making me think that?
I find the saltiness of this to be very well done. Eau des Merveilles is salty too, but that's too salty for me. This is well blended and a very beautiful scent to me.
The thing i think i like the most about it is that it's quite unique and memorable. I wouldn't confuse this with anything else, not even Womanity.
Sits close to the skin, but seems to last for quite some time. It's a great everyday scent that isn't boring and I can see this transitioning well from season to season.

ppetra-
ppetra-

This is a gorgeous scent. It is a bit harsh at first, but give it some time to work with your skin and it will reveal it's beauty. Somehow this light oriental scent reminds me of turkish nights in Alanya, if that makes sense to anyone here. The restaurants, the beach, the trees and the flowers... This is what turkish nights smell to me. Beautiful.
But this is a quite loud fragrance, it's not for the shy girls to wear(well, why not?) because you're going to get noticed. So if you feel a bit bored with all the vanilla, floral, sweet scents, try this one.

lalondem

I could have sworn there was vanilla in this! Got this in the mail today and find it soft and a comforting smell -but i do smell vanilla.....all good, I like a lot.

BabyClaire
BabyClaire

Love it! These seashore notes are new for me I'm wild about them. Has anyone mentioned cedar? I'm smelling whiff of cedar wharf or cedar pilings at the opening.

Turtle05
Turtle05

A sales girl showed me this while I was trying to find a replacement for Sean John Unforgivable. I love woody perfumes, and SJ was my daytime perfume. I like this well enough but not enough to make it my permanent go-to. I shall stay on the lookout for a new daytime perfume. The other day I mistakenly sprayed too much on myself, and I had to drive with the windows down in attempt to air myself out. I sure hope that made someone laugh.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Totally agree that this smells like the love child of the saltiness of Womanity combined with the warm amber richness of Barbara Bui. I think it could be unisex, it smells fairly masculine at first. I get the comparison to salted popcorn, too. But it somehow remains pretty fresh smelling. My boyfriend complimented a couple times on how good I smelled yesterday when I gave this fragrance it's test run. Someone down thread mentioned it's already been discontinued? That's sad! This is one of the few offerings from CK that I enjoy.

tigsi
tigsi

I've always adored Calvin Klein perfumes.
This one is no exception.
It's really, really nice.
It starts off very much men's cologne-like on my skin, very peppery, sharp and loud, but in a way that pleases me and makes me attracted to it.
Soon after that I can smell the eartyness, the very much skin -like sweetness mixed with saltiness.
it's absolutely divine, in my humble opinion.
Absolutely wearable by men, I think it can smell quite sexy on a man.
9/10. Great perfume. Give it a try.

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

First of all, I was really excited for this release because Calvin Klein rarely releases new scents that aren't a flankers of CK 1, Euphoria, or Eternity. Downtown was pretty generic but this release I found interesting. Take the salty accord of Womanity and add it to (the discontinued) Barbara Bui. It’s a warm woody almost skin like fragrance with an aquatic cologne overlay. It is peppery and sporty. Almost but not quite in the beginning smells a little almond-like and creamy. The salt note is what makes this fragrance special and strange. If you’re looking for a fresher scent, but still want some warm tone or a hint of sweetness to it this is that.

Overall, a weird synthetic paradoxical scent that brings something new to the designer perfume market. I’m in love with it, if I did not already own 100 mL of Barbara Bui or even Womanity it’d be among my most wanted perfumes. A great summer scent with good lasting power.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Salty skin scent, very light and just a touch of smooth wood. Low sillage, lasts about 4 hours. Nice but nothing outstanding. Seems like the drydown of a more complex perfume.

whammy
whammy

QUIET MUSK

I just received a bottle of this in the post, it has been on offer on allbeauty.com and I'm a fan of other Calvin Klein fragrances so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Upon the first spray on my skin I get a really unusual musty scent (some people on here have described it as 'earthy). It's like the smell of leather mixed with stale smoke. Although it changes into a much nicer fragrance after 5 minutes.

On dry down the powder note really comes out, however I feel the sillage is very weak. I have received compliments on this but only if i have sprayed it a few minutes earlier! I like that Calvin Klein has tried something different and i'll continue to use this.

Frayja
Frayja

It took me some time to decide if I like it or not.
On Spring was too sweet for my taste,on August was too ambery,bitter,harsh for my skin.
But after 4-5 tests and patience it reveals its beauty!
Is a modern scent,not flowery at all and with a nice blend of woods-I dislike sandalwood when is out loud.
People said about sunkissed skin after a sea diving and is correct-in my country of 5 months by the sea and under the sun,that smell is familiar and comfort.
Now I have it and it turns in an-almost-signature scent.
I want to wear it day and night because is not offensive but is powerful and has a really modern feeling.
If you have the reaction I had first time I tested it,give some time and space and try again.
Maybe will be a reveal for you too!

kittyh30
kittyh30

Not a fan of Calvin Klein scents at all. Found this at TJMaxx, and fell in LOVE!!! Such a beautiful smell!!!! It reminds me of salty and sweet kettle corn.. :) A familiar smell- :)

goingblonde
goingblonde

It has been quite some time since I have really loved a CK scent.
Now the time is over because I love this one !
Salty and very sharp Pepper at first which drys down to a lovely addicting Sandalwood with just the very slightest hint of soapiness with musk also noticeable .
Much as I enjoy it , I feel it is one that if worn to much I'd tire of quickly and also feel it could give me a headache at times.
The sillage and longevity are absolutely a 10 + .

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

"I hate this... it smells like... Vampire food!"

Yes, that is a quote from a coworker after we sampled CK Reveal.

While she doesn't like it, I do like it. It's spicy and soft with an adequate sweetness that doesn't veer off into the scary fruit-candy-bomb celebrity scents. Sweet, soft, and smooth.

A man could easily wear this but it is on the softer side with the cashmere accord and sandalwood note. It does smell like a natural skin odor. It smells similar to freshly washed skin when you've applied a lightly scented lotion and the lotion's fragrance is wearing off. Kudos to the perfumers who could capture the scent of "sunkissed" skin. I won't be purchasing a bottle, but it is wonderful to have a few samples around to wear on a whim.

******************
This smells NOTHING like Womanity.
Womanity smells of fruit jam with citric undertones.
Womanity is much more of a classic and statement than CK Reveal

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

CK was audacious, the perfumery needs that.
This mixture of the salt and the sweet was amazing, I feel a creamy tone and the same time saline with a floral touch to the extent, nothing so powdery, appears more along with a white musk, spicy pinches perhaps, but the result is something kind marshmallow, a caramelized while with a sea air accord, in my mind some white flowers in sugar/sand of a beach.
The balance of these chords was accurate not to become so heavy or cloying.

smt
smt

ریویل وومن اصلا شبیه عطرای معمول زنانه نیست و یه کار متفاوته و فاقدظرافت و لطافت معمول تو کارای زنونه س

تو استارت رایحه ش خبری از مرکبات و نت های معمول تو کارای دیگه نیست و با بوی تند که ترکیب سه نوع فلفل هستش با تم نمکی و شور شروع میشه و همین ابتدا متفاوت بودنش رو نشون میده

یه مقدار بوی زنبق هم تو نت ابتدایی حس میشه و همینطور نت کاشمران که یه جور ترکیب شیمیایی هستش که بویی شبیه مشک داره که اینجا شبیه مشک سفید حالت ملایم و لطیف و احساس برانگیزی داره

با گذر زمان و فروکش کردن فلفل و حضور عنبر ، عطر حالت گیراتری میگیره
ترکیب شوری نمک و عنبر و شیرینی ملایم و نرم مشک و زنبق با تم خفیف چوبی حالت گیرا و جذب کننده و اعتیادآوری داره که باعث میشه هی مچ دستتونو بو کنین

در آخر و تو نت موندگار عطر ، شما مشک و عنبر رو دارین به همراه مقدار کمی روایح چوبی و شور

درکل توصیه میکنم قبل از خرید حتما تست بشه چون رایحه متفاوتی داره و ممکن خوشتون نیاد

ماندگاری بالای ۸ ساعت رو پوست من داشت با پخش متوسط
و مناسب پاییز و زمستان

Ugly trite ad, unusual bottle, weird perfume. Seriously weird to my nose. Everyone here gets Womanity (dislike for me) or Balmain's Ambre Gris. I don't know. It smells stuffy, heavy and vaguely incensey, is that ambergris? salt? too much pepper? I tried 3-4 times in different seasons, but everytime I wish I never sprayed it on me. It has something too human. I think it reminds me of the smell of an ex-bf's hair (which smelled like incense!) but not in a nice way.

Crystals On My Converse
Crystals On My Converse

I love this one - it has a slightly masculine cologne scent (probably the pepper) to it when you first smell it but I really like that! I would consider this more an Autumn/Winter scent

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

True Story: Today in the late morning, I sprayed the back of my hand at Marshals when I saw a bottle of this laying on a sale shelf. I thought it was a rather pleasant scent. I then went to get my hair cut, I went to the gym, came home, cleaned the garage, chilled a bit, took a shower then headed out for the night. At 8pm I could STILL SMELL this on the back of my hand! This stuff does not come off! Thank goodness, I rather like this sweet/salty concoction. Its not overly distinctive, but its nice and the dry down is soft and clean. For anyone who complains a fragrance does not last on them, pick up REVEAL, and you will never have to complain ever again.

karola12345
karola12345

This is amazing smell. I was very surprised with the combination of sweet and salty notes, but it's really delightful. Wearing this perfume is like wearing your favorite fluffy sweater and eating cream and a bit salty caramel.

dsty
dsty

I reviewed Womanity recently and I hated it, so after seeing the comparisons I didn't have high hopes for this one either. But curiously, what almost revolted me in Womanity, the combination of salty and sweet notes, seems wonderful to me in Reveal. I guess the big difference is that it's done about a million times more subtly in this one.

The salt in this one is lovely: it's a very light, intimate scent that stays close to the skin, but because of the salt that lightness is entirely distinct from the one found in mostsoft perfumes. Hard to explain, because it's entirely new to me, but it's really great. Then there's the soft, restrained sweetness from the sandalwood, which works really well in combination with the salt and pepper. Very smooth! It's a bit nutty, rather warm, but most of all very subtle and sophisticated, quite refined - and also quite sexy without being too obvious about it. I can imagine this very easily on an elegant woman, in both professional and private settings throughout the entire year.

So Reveal is Everything Womanity isn't, and I like it very much. But the subtlety of it also has its downsides: it doesn't have much staying power. I'm also very far removed from that elegant woman that this scent calls to mind, which means I don't really feel at home in it. Those two factors make it doubtful I'll ever wear this regularly, so my little sample is probably the last I'll ever see of it. But I do think it's lovely, and if it really is discontinued already, I think that's a great shame!

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

That is very beauty fragrance! Reminds me Womanity and Eau DeStar, but softer, quieter. Amazing longevity12h. Smell by a miracle, fresh, aquatic 100% my type, i have to buy.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I quite like this one. A blind clearance purchase at TJ Maxx. I am not reading the reviews so I can post my thoughts without judgement. What I get is a very nice standard Calvin fragrance. I think CK fragrances are done quite well. I do get a "hint" of Womanity here but it's just a shadow of the original Womanity. I am not a huge fan of Mugler Womanity at all. This is much softer then W and less aquatic and salty. Now I do get the salt note but it's much more smooth then W and far more enjoyable. $20 for a 1.7oz bottle is not a bad deal at all. I quite like this one. If your a floral girl pass on this. It's not floral I am a fan of spice and this is right up my alley.

The bottle is cool and the cap goes on and off really nicely. It's an awkward bottle though you have to lay it flat.
Update on lasting power: VERY very good about 10 hours.

zapling
zapling

Typical CK thing to make a feminine scent that I find distinctively masculine. It reminds me a little bit of Roma in that there's a peppery fresh top note. but it gets down really woody and and sea-rock like.

jellybeantree

This one is already discontinued ........that was fast !

revealm
revealm

I can't like it
it's something I expected to like but I can't
if you notice my name it's written REVEAL.M see that? M stand for my real name
I sigh-up fragrantica because of this fragrance

I think I have smell this scent before somewhere but not from a perfume maybe someone's room it's kinda weird relationship between me and REVEAL because I don't like wearing it but I still keep smelling it because I still can not figure out what's this scent reminding me

I smell strong sea salt and weird part I can't tell what it is
it's like smelling old wedding card
I don't know it's worldwide's thing or just my country
when people get married they send a card with scent on it
this is exactly what this scent smell like old wedding card
and also my man hate it a lot

Mona-Jo

I don't get Womanity in this. Nor Balmain's Ambre Gris (signature scent). Light, salty with soft spice. Faint Ambre Gris note. It also has the typical CK feel. I'm loving it. I purchased the big clanker. I will probably purchase another one just because.

Update: Ok. My bad. I do get the Ambre Gris note like in Balmain's Ambre Gris. This one I classify as a woody musk, with Ambre Gris being the prominent but light note.

polkadot27
polkadot27

It smells of almonds and hazelnuts- honestly I cannot believe these are not notes in this perfume- as this is exactly what it smells of- of woody nutty creamy almonds. I would say this is a predominant almond smelling scent. It smells a little different to anything I have ever smelled before- although not too unique nor too different- it is still quite a safe option perfume. It reminds me of a serious straight faced woman who is perhaps a manager or who has other high rank high responsibility occupation. She likes to wear suits and sturdy shoes- she does not like to reveal herself what so ever not in personality nor in appearance or sexuality. She is intense and can be somewhat frigid and afraid to laugh- she has her sh*t together. But has a lot of walls up.

Overall a very good one from Calvin Klein- there others have been generic to say the least- They have definitely upped their game with this one. It is classic and well put together- very different to the many others they have produced.

To summarise I would classify this as a creamy nutty woody scent- The notes for me are almonds, hazelnuts, slight oud, other woods and slight musk. Does have a strong powdery peppery dry down- a very strong powdery pepper indeed- if that is what you look for in a fragrance- the powdery pepper is bang on in this!

I agree with the reviewer below there is absolute nothing artificial about this- infact it can be quite earthy smelling at times- similar to avon's passion dance. It is salty also- maybe thats why I am led to believe it smells nutty, due to the saltiness of the scent.

I don't get womanity from this- Infact i strongly dislike that scent. Yet i have just ordered this one- so they cannot be as similar as everyone is saying.

Scent- 7.5/10
Radiates- 6.5/10
Lasting time-7/10
Bottle=7/10

lulu169

my new signature. exactly what I have been looking for for a Long time - lightly sweet in a very intimate way, no artificial sweetness there, a lot of woodsy notes, beautiful and mature

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

If Womanity is too much for your taste, you are at the right place! Reveal is softer and gives a great marine vibe. The saltyness of Womanity is in your face, while in Reveal the balance between the notes are very nice - salty, powdery and woodsy notes in one bottle, just pretty!

Mona-Jo

Ambre Gris note is the bomb. So I'm sure I'll enjoy this when it arrives.

Carnation
Carnation

Almost blind bought a roller ball of this at Marshalls and was glad I didn't. The package was not wrapped so I was able to test it first.
Reveal is a salty,tropical and powdery scent. Even though there is no coconut, I distinctly get that note from it. In the opening there's a strange citrus note, much like grapefruit because grapefruit is the only citrus note that smells like b.o on me.
I get very little sandalwood or vetiver from this and doing a comparison with Ellen Tracy's Bronze, the two smell exactly the same. I am not a fan of coconut or tropical perfumes in general so Reveal is a definite no for me.

Mona-Jo

I'm going against the grain here. I'm doing a blind buy.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

CK is that you? because I swear I thought I smelled Thierry Mugler...this reminds me of a soft and tame version of Womanity. I like this and all but I would not suggest blind buying a bottle, like womanity this is another I suggest testing first.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

This is womanity as it should have been, without it's sickly sweet fig note.

Narkus

Wow. This is way better in the heat! Just wore the other day after not using in months and it's much different, much better, less salty, deeper. Nice!
The salt subsides and the floral and ambergris dominate into a sexy beast. Longevity and silage improve dramatically. I sprayed twice before going to play soccer, and the other girls kept saying, Wow! That smells fantastic! It's like having two different frags depending on the temperature and I like them both but much more in the heat!

AnnaT
AnnaT

just an observation totally unrelated to the frangrance.

I walked passed this frangrance in DFS numerous times but never tempted to test it on skin.. the bottle is amazing, bright and have strong lines. It is really my (total) bias against the model Doutzen Kroes featured in the advertisment.

My biggest thoughts everytime i see her photos is that: why cannot she close her mouth? why does she only have one facial expression?

Lidell
Lidell

It's funny to imagine that Doutzen Kroes smells like a lead pencil, but fine by me, Doutzen.

silsilg2

I discovered that Reveal is so addictive to me. After a while have told me since I was still with my addiction to smell my arm all the time and suddenly I realized it reminded me Obsession for men and I loved that smell ! That 's not what makes me so remember that perfume , maybe just be a perception of mine , I do not know , but that's what happens to me . Both Revel as Obssesion are Calvin Klein , maybe not this so wrong . I love!

silsilg2

I could not help but smell all the time, I loved it. I would buy it but I am told it is very soft and does not last long , no, but it is so addictive !

Corinne39
Corinne39

A roll-on of this has just arrived through my letter box... While I don't dislike it, I don't love it either.
There's definetly salt at the beginning, and then something "medicinal" and warm and weirdly it reminds me a little of how Madonna Truth or Dare Naked smells on me!

DAL123
DAL123

The first time I tried this was shortly after its release last fall. I enjoyed the first half hour or so and then was horrified and very glad I didn't buy it based on first sniff. I just tried it again and I have to say it seems to be better this time around. Maybe its a change in my chemistry. Maybe its related to the season and the heat and humidity. I have worn Womanity and enjoyed it. I love Alien and most of its flankers. But I get neither of those from this. Its very soft on me, woody and slightly salty and I get the smallest whiff of something sweet and/or floral. Fairly powdery. It isn't likely to become a love for me but its definitely wearable and likable. It isn't the typical scent that I would expect from CK. I can appreciate it for what it is and how it smells on me.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

We all have different opinions about Calvin Klein fragrances, but I kept an open mind about Reveal because it actually seemed as though they were trying to do something different. Reveal is somewhere in between beachy and cuddly. You can perceive salty ocean water, beach driftwood, and skin toasting in the sun. But there's also some mild sweetness from iris and musk. I enjoy the way it smells but I wish the notes were bolder. I also found that you have to over-spray to get any sort of sillage or longevity out of it. The bottle is attractive, although I admit that it is bulky and impractical.

It's almost like Calvin Klein waited 23 years to take Kramer's advice to make a fragrance that smells like you've been at the beach.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

This is certainly unique. Different form everything else I've yet met, a wonderful sweet woody scent. I can't completely wrap my head around it, because there's the pronounced smell of salt in it without smelling salty. So there's this salty note, but except the spicy peppery opening, Reveal is a slight powdery, sweet woody scent with the shadow salt which stays till the end. The powdery and sweet qualities are credited to the iris and the ambergris, but really I just can't wrap my hand around how silky it smells on me. It's woods with the texture of silk. I feel like I'm wrapped in a sheet of silk when wearing it.

Unlike many other perfume lines of the house of Calvin Klein, this one lasts the day on my skin! Very surprising, but in such a prositive way. Sillage is arm length, get whiffs off my wrist every time I put it on. Great value for something unusual in the arsenal of sweet fragrances.

I'm not really keen on the bottle though. It looks and feels chunky, not comfortable to spray it.

fashionista
fashionista

I am obsessed with this new Calvin Klein fragrance! I find it to be very unique and sexy. Reveal is crisp and peppery at first but dries down to a sensual warmth. It straddles the line between feminine and masculine. In fact, I can see it almost more as a men's fragrance due to its single floral note. I think Reveal is a great end of summer going into autumn fragrance. It is at once cool and crisp but warm and comfy. I can't rave about Reveal enough! Again, it's truly special!

skeletonwitch
skeletonwitch

I assume this is a scent that smells different on every person. On myself I don't smell anything sea salty or skinlike to this perfume - it simply smells overwhelming on me. Once I sprayed it I immediately wanted to take it off! After discovering what the term "scrubber" really meant I found what was left of Reveal to be not as offensive as the first spray, yet still too strong for my liking.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I received a rather generous sample (the miniature bottle vs a vial) so have been testing it with abandon. I must say it is odd on my skin, but seems to garner compliments & questions so maybe it is working with my chemistry. It is a very warm and cool scent, simultaneously, to my nose. It rather smells like perspiration, the beach and the smell of fresh snow all at the same time. I'm impressed with all that is packed into what wears like a linear perfume on my skin rather than layers of individual notes. I would not have sought this out to purchase, but am happy I tried it & have been introduced to a different style of scent than I would normally select. I like the wear-ability of this since it would seem to work well in almost any season. It is never cloying in the heat, but warmth brings out the salty "beachy' element/vibe, and I have also worn this on cooler days which seems to make the scent wear closer to the skin and emit stronger elements of the cooler notes. Delightful & worth a try if you are looking for a pick me up for your scent wardrobe this summer. It reminds me of a skin-scent that Avon had out in the early 2000's that was discontinued....in fact, the name of that was "Skin 2 Skin", I believe. It also reminds me of the vintage scent "Babe" (by Faberge house, I believe?) So if you dug those you might like this. <3 xo

P.S. "Reveal"? I think that a bit more ingenuity and thought could be put into coming up with a less boring (yawn), overly used scent name.

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

I had high hopes for this one, I was even going to buy a set with body lotion as it was on sale, lucky I didn't buy it blind. I liked it on a card, I liked it on my skin and I liked it for about half an hour. It was woody, powdery, musky, salty, all those listed accords that I like and was hoping for. And then in the dry down it became incredibly sweet. I have never had that experience with a perfume, the dry down is usually musky, woody, spicy but not sickly and sugary. My turn off from this one turned me right back to the fresh floral of Eternity Moment which is now back in my collection if only to remind me that CK does do some really good fragrances.

dkny27
dkny27

A true testament of the marriage or divorce between note composition and one's skin chemistry. I've loved this scent from the first time I sampled it, but notice how many find it unpleasant.

This opens salty and stays musky, settles with soft woods but also something about the unity of the notes brings an ocean beach vibe, rather than deep woods. I haven't really been able to identify any other scents these days that resembles Reveal in any way. On my skin I don't get anything dirty or skunky, just a really sniff-addicting unique scent....

Reminiscent of the Calvin Klein of yesteryear, brash and daring....

littlest_lemon
littlest_lemon

Weird as hell for a mainstream counter fragrance. It took me a few tries to figure out what it was trying to do, but I appreciate it. It's salty and woody: not exactly approachable for most buyers who go into an Ulta or Macys, looking for something nice to wear every day. Honestly, it's kind of gross! But in an interesting way, at least in my opinion.

ankaa
ankaa

I just got this product as a gift for Mother's Day. What a surprise! (just kidding).

One of my best perfumes. On my skin is not salt or pepper. Its' rather combination of Eau des Merveilles of Hermes and Simply Clinique: ambrergris and milk with a touch of mistery. Very addictive and very feminine.

I'm lucky that Reveal goes so well with my body chemistry even though my husband says "that's a granny smell" ;-P

blacklibran1

Already pulled from shelves at macys. This will for sure end up at discounters before xmas. It's smells like wet dog. I didn't get any of the comforting warm notes nor did in get salt . Very bad release. The men's is even worse

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Strange... It reminded me of Secretions Magnifique too! It's like licking your arm and smelling it after some time... Saliva!

Jerry E.
Jerry E.

kenzo Madly EDP + Thierry Mugler Womanity = Calvin Klein Reveal.

Hollie
Hollie

I own Mugler's Eau de Star, which I thorougly enjoy. I sampled some Reveal today at Ulta and an hour later, I smell Eau de Star in its place. Something about it is not as alluring as TM's perfume though....

I also want to add that this doesn't remind me of Womanity much at all. Perhaps if it were more juicy and tangy I'd be more inclined to notice the similarity.

UPDATE 8/15/15 I ended up buying a small bottle that I found at Marshalls...thought maybe I needed to spend a bit more time with the perfume. About 50% of the time I try a Calvin Klein fragrance I end up loving it or liking it very much. Turns out that Reveal is kind of flat and dull smelling on me. Just a hint of that saltiness that you'll find in Womanity but not enough....feels like a scent that doesn't quite know who it wants to be. Might I add that the bottle is kinda quirky, cute.....but just sits really strangely on my dresser...if you bump it at all, it wobbles and spins.Silly.

rhizy
rhizy

It's almost 45°C where I live (113°F) and I'm wearing it! I'm working now and the salty note gives me the feeling of being at the beach. Awsome! It's not fresh at all, it's not similar to Dune by Dior, ut it gives me the same feeling of warm sun and sand by the beach.
I personally think it's completely wearable in hot weather!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Addictive for those whose chemistries love it! Reveal is a beautiful scent that reminds me of sunshine warming the skin or the scent of a lover. I find this juice to be sensual, elegant and subtly sexy.

On my skin, this perfume is a soft, woodsy-blend with cashmere woods, warmth from the amber and a balmy sort of saltiness for a chic and relaxed sort of vibe. The scent then gets progressively sweeter, as it continues to 'reveal' itself, with the powdery iris, smooth musk and creamy sandalwood emerging during the dry-down. It's quite a complex scent.

To my nose, this isn't at all like Thierry Mugler's Womanity (which I didn't really enjoy) as I noticed more of an aquatic or marine-like saltiness (caviar) which is absent here. Saltiness is definitely apparent in both perfumes, but here it's well-blended and smells much better when combined with the woody notes. In addition, Reveal is much sweeter, whereas Womanity wasn't very sweet at all for me (probably because my chemistry projected the wrong notes). I find Reveal to be much more like Pierre Balmain's Ambre Gris.

Sillage is quite soft (although this would probably project much better in the warmer weather); longevity is for about 11 hours.

mazmo213
mazmo213

Love it! Came today with a free body lotion. I can't stop sniffing it. It smells very masculine to me and I really like that. I got the pepper at first, didn't get salt, and then it turns into a lovely woody, warm, clean, fresh and masculine scent which lasts on me (along with the body lotion) for ages. Reminds me a bit of Avon Little Black Dress. My fragrance from now on!! :)

DainaB
DainaB

Smells like my granddad's old shed. Sweetness and wood with some aquatic freshness.

MattChartier

If Luca & Tania ever update 'the book,' I expect the write-up for this one to be very succinct, summed up as simply "Secretions Magnifiques Lite."

I've disliked fragrances before, but never before sniffing this one have I had one violently disgust and sicken me, in an instant. A few weeks ago I naively sprayed some onto the back of my hand, not realizing the error I had made until after the pleasant topnotes faded away. As soon as the heart accords stepped into the limelight, Calvin Klein Reveal turned my stomach in such a way that I nearly had to pull over on the highway to puke out the car door as I raced home to scrub it off with a Silkwood shower. My eyes welled up with tears, my stomach lurched, and my mouth got all spitty. My body was confused and trying to prepare me for the inevitable. I now understand the true meaning of the term "scrubber."

The salt note was overwhelming, oddly metallic, and conjured up olfactory associations of body odor and foul, stinky sweat. The kind of stench you smell when one of your family members returns home sopping wet and dripping from working out extra hard at the gym, and their deodorant just couldn't keep up with them. The salt note here smells sweaty. Foul sweaty, not sexy sweaty. With a hint of that "cat piss" accord everybody always complains about in fragrances they dislike. I also had a similar but not nearly as dramatic experience with Calvin Klein Obsession, so perhaps there's a certain aromachem being tossed around over at Coty Prestige that just doesn't work for me.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

This is a very interesting and oddly addictive fragrance. I didn't know what to make of it the first time I tried because it frankly smells reminiscent of sweat and flowers like the way you might smell after doing the naughty.

After I spent a few hours sniffing at my wrist I decided that I do indeed like it and it's like nothing else I have. I have no idea how often I'll actually wear it but it's uniqueness is a very nice addition to my collection.

ETA- I don't agree with the Hypnotic Poison comparison. I have both and they don't smell anything alike. HP has licorice (or anise),. almond, vanilla, coconut and caraway with no salt or pepper. Plumeria is found in sunscreen fragrances and isn't in either fragrance. This is just to clarify for those who haven't tried either perfume.

aym
aym

This is some strong stuff. I got a sample of it from Saphora and the SA didn't snap the lid on it. I smelled it all the way home and didn't know what it was. It smells great but it is headache inducing for me. That is not to say you shouldn't try it I have to be very careful since I get migraines. I wouldn't buy this since it is too strong for me.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU

This is a salty/peppery perfume which does not remind me of Womanity since it misses the fig note. Anyway, this is a perfect summery perfume, quite unusual, long lasting with a very heavy bottle. I would say that I really like it, as most CK perfumes, this smell is very high class. I will use it more during spring and summer. Good job Ck.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Didn't expect to like this at all. Reveal opened with a salty cashmere rush that I find irresistible. One of a kind fragrance that some compare to Womanity, perhaps due to the salty sea note against the woods. Bears a resemblamce, but Reveal is more velvety and warm, certainly not as beautifully strange as Womanity (and yes, as the other reviewer stated, there's no fig in Reveal).

Reveal is a standout in the Calvin Klein line. Daring, unusual, alluring. I was interested to read another review that said this was the most often returned fragrance at the store she worked for. Hope that is not an indicator that this will be discontinued. I for one would be sad.

andjela
andjela

Somewhere between Womanity and La vie est belle....better than both in any case.Must say I like this one even though I'm not great fan of other two.N8cely blended and not too heady.6,5 out if 10

Melaniejane
Melaniejane

Something just smells really "off" to me in this fragrance. It reminds me a lot of womanity which I can't stand. Maybe it just doesn't work with my skin because alot of people obviously love it. It's a shame because the bottle is beautiful and I normally love Calvin Klein fragrances

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

Such a bummer... The reason I got so upset by it is THE Fragrance of my life - Truth by CK, now discontinued. The Reveal's bottle has a similar feel to it, both names also fit the same context. I got really excited about this release and hoped it would bring at least a hint of the Truth's magnificence. It doesn't, not even a bit. "Conceal" I'd name it. It's smooth, reserved and elegant and definitely unisex. Oh, and here's the reveal - of a bitter aftertaste of disappointment.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Well, this is a true CK fragrance, very close to Euphoria "type" of scents but lighter and not sweet, Peachysugarbu's comments are the most realistic herebelow. I bought it recently and I beleive this will make a smash during summer season. It is not heavy at all, with distinguished pepper note while the salty feeling is there to calm it down. As to longevity is excellent, lasts all day and the bottle is unusual and heavy glass so watch out not to drop it. Overall once again CK perfumes can make my day a very happy day!!!

micklynl
micklynl

On me this perfume shares certain facets of Dior's Hypnotic Poison, the salt has play-do overtones, and I get a coconut / sunscreen impression (perhaps because the salt / beach / sea scent is reminiscent of holidays & sunscreen to me). Perhaps the shared sandalwood and musk notes are to blame. The two fragrances are undeniably different and though HP is so popular I find Reveal more comfortable to wear. Softer, less defined, but cozy and pretty. I like it.

SmellyLady
SmellyLady

Like Narkus, I didn't find this to be a close match to Womanity. Womanity is much more savory - I would even say "fishy". That caviar scent of Womanity really carries through and lingers like nobody's business. Reveal is cleaner in its salt accord. Like sea water without the algae and other aquatic creatures. I actually prefer Reveal to Womanity, but I'm not a caviar aficionado so that might be why.

Reveal reminds me of Olivier Cresp's Nature Millenaire for Yves Rocher. But while Nature Millenaire is a big wallop (a good wallop) of scent, Reveal is a softer full-body embrace. You're enfolded in the soft, salty, amber loveliness of Reveal. I tend to love amber-dominant scents so Reveal was a big win for me. It's a good everyday scent.

Narkus

First, my take is that this is not masculine, too light and airy; and second, I don't find it like Womanity. Reeval is salty, not savory, and Reveal is a breeze in fresh wood vs. the earthy shade of fig trees by the ocean. Reveal is light; Womanity is shadow (and much stronger on longevity and silage). I'm not saying one is better, it's all preference, but I don't think one will necessarily appeal to you if you like the other. In fact, if you like woody, this may not have the warmth and depth for you. The floral, wood and musk are all very gentle, a skin scent. The ambergris adds a bit of sweetness. It's not that powdery at all. I usually go for more oomph, something more intoxicating, but when I wore my sample, I was so intrigued by the notes and the salt accord that I found I would enjoy this as a skin scent -- fresh and pretty lightness. I like it now but think I will enjoy it more when the thermostat decides to be human to we indoor dwellers in michigan. It's different for sure, way different than my other frags. I bought a 3 oz. bottle of the perfume on fragrance net for about $40.

Ok in the heat, this rocks!

mittensablaze
mittensablaze

I like this scent and I can see why some people would call it unisex. I think it's the woodiness that makes it slightly masculine, but there is still a feminine warmth to it. I could see myself wearing it on a night out to a club, in a tight black dress and stilettos. Something about the slight masculinity would make it sexy on the right kind of woman.

Libran
Libran

I find this fragrance delicate and feminine. I love the way it stays close and doesn't overwhelm you. There is a salty/aquatic quality to it and it is similar to "Womanity" in a subtle way. There is nothing loud or brash about it, really different from the usual offerings from this fragrance house. Nothing to say ladies of any age couldn't enjoy it.

smedmark
smedmark

It's a rich, deep, woody scent without the sweetness, but doesn't seem to strike a chord with most people (coming from working in a Fragrance department). It was also one of our most returned fragrances over the holidays. I would expect it to be discontinued shortly. The men's reveal is surprisingly a much more appealing scent. Deep, with almost a hint of anise… though this isn't a review for Men's Reveal. I wanted to like this scent and sprayed it on myself quite a few times but it just doesn't grow on me.

Lala2013
Lala2013

My first reaction when I smelt this was "Sicily" D&G. Like Sicily , there is some blend in this that gives off a coconut essence,but it doesnt contain it. Cosy, cashmere,coconut,,.... simple review.its not a complicated scent-
Lovely.skin close,innocent... subtle.Nice change from the sugar-teen overload on the market. Im a fan.

LiliShineOn
LiliShineOn

First spray is fresh and clean, bright with something I can't place - the salt? immediately following the peppers come to the fore and I swear it smells like tamales!Really, really good tamales. Since I am a foodie/gourmand lover this is fabulous for me.
I was surprised to see how many reviews this has gotten...I am so behind!

Emmayunee
Emmayunee

It is everything listed as main accords.
-woody
-powdery
- musky
-amber (a lot) and cashmere
But salty? I got something sweet instead... and Ohh so ADDICTIVE....
Its not the most beautiful, glamorous or feminin perfume but it has something thats so sensual its captivating. First encounter is memorable, second meeting is favorable....and then its UNFORGETABLE.
I really think Reveal is unique, and I like it. Very daring, unapologetic, earthy and uplifting.
I imagine this is what Katniss Everdeen (the mockingjay) would smell like.

sanjeewani
sanjeewani

I saw this ever since it has been released, sitting on the department store I use to visit regularly but salty note scares me to try it on my skin. Somehow very recently I was brave enough to test this on my skin. Oh boy I was so wrong this is not a perfume what I thought it was, it has beauty on its own. I blamed myself to why didn't I try it before.

Well actually opening is little bit sharp on my skin may be because of salty note but after several minutes salty note faded away and transformed to luxurious creamy woody(combination of cashmeran and sandalwood may be with vetiver) musk combination of heavenly dry down. This is my absolute favorite part of this perfume.

For me opening is just tiny bit too much for me but dry down is absolutely stunning. Longevity is around 6+ hours on my skin.

My favorite part of this perfume is unusual heavenly dry down. This luxurious little gem directly went to my want list and definitely will be my next purchase.
If you feel salty opening is little too much to you I say just wait a little to witness what it has brings to you definitely worthy to try.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Reveal could be easily called "Euphoria Nude" - it smells like Euphoria/Forbidden Euphoria's mild-mannered flanker. It is rounded and amber-y with a syrupy depth, but projection and overall feel is somewhat light.

I'm not getting any Womanity out of this at all! The salt in Womanity is straight-up caviar and Reveal is like the light salt one would taste in a caramel candy. Mugler would never put out a fragrance with as poor sillage and lack of complexity as Reveal.

Reveal is pleasant and easy for every day wear, but it's nothing spectacular.

meredith.gallop
meredith.gallop

Makes me think of sitting wrapped up in a soft blanket on a wooden deckchair at dusk, looking out over the sea.

Feels really comforting to me now (in winter), interested to smell it in the summer.

The Perfume Critic
The Perfume Critic

you can smell amber and salt in here. It is a light fragrance that can be worn on really hot days . Simple but nice fragrance :)

Nil3
Nil3

Ok.

Don't know where the Unisex is coming from.

Calvin Klein and Thierry Mugler practically had dinner and Thierry sneezed accidentally in Calvin's face.

Or , Thierry sneezed in Reveal.

Or, Womanity and Alien had sex and out came.... You know .

Or, there has 'simply' been a mistake and Reveal is actually a TM perfume and not a CK one.

This has nothing to do with Calvin Klein.

This has TM written ALL over it. All his DNA ALL his genes!
Whoever loves womanity and/ or Alien will fall head over heels for this.

Guaranteed!!!!

QueenBee53
QueenBee53

I like the scent, I feel, it would be amazing on a man. It's a soft, sexy, scent, but, very masculine. I know there are women who enjoy wearing men scents, if so, this one is a winner.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Why is everybody comparing Reveal to Womanity, when it's almost a replica of Eau de Star (also by Mugler)? I have both Womanity and EdS, and I see very little resemblance to the former.

brebtalka40
brebtalka40

It is a lovely scent, quite well blended but not unique at all. And I don't get the commercial: a couple during some sort of an eye-to-eye foreplay?! For me, it smells like an elegant lady in the opera. I liked the sample but I will not buy the bottle.

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

Finally a perfume that is really something new. All Calvin Klein perfumes in my opinion manage to be different from the others but this one is also good!
At first it reminded me of Womanity and of Reminiscence Rem because of the salty note but the note in Reveal it's different, it's not a marine note.

It's sexy. A dry and woody kind of sensual. Not fake nails and push-up bra. But a cashmere coat, high heels, black stockings, black lingerie and nothing else.

After trying it and wanting to wear a perfume with a salty note, I resorted to my old Womanity instead but found it annoying and too sweet compared to Reveal.
For me it's a keeper, I've found my new perfume.

risarii
risarii

I can't understand the hate this perfume gets! Finally something unique is released (after everyone begs for fragrances that stand out from the crowd) and then everyone hates on it. Ah well, to each his own.

This perfume is unique indeed (shocking from CK, I equate them with generic fragrances like their millions of flankers) and I like it. It's salty and woody but something about it makes it different than other salty/woody scents. It's also a bit peppery, which I usually don't like but it's not overwhelming here. I also LOVE the bottle. I hope this perfume is moderately successful so CK doesn't go back to only releasing generic fragrances.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

I picked this up at random from a basket of free samples at the store. Sprayed it on a tissue about an hour ago, and I still don't like it. Here is the progression of smells I got:

1. Powerful woodsy sharp, stereotypical men's cologne
2. Some cinnamon and other spices, not too bad
3. Salt and pepper and more pepper
4. Iris and more sandalwood but the other smells wouldn't let them have their say
5. The blob of pizza dough they used to give my daughter to play with at Grazie's Italian Restaurant. Then the spicy olive oil dip with the pepper flakes that clashed with the herbed bread.

There's a constant high, screechy note running through the whole thing, like feedback from a microphone/amp.

If it's like a walk on the beach, it's on a stormy day and there's lots of driftwood you might trip over.

I then took a nap and had a bad dream. I really don't want to put this on my skin, even if miracles happen. You all are braver than I am!

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

i just want to say something... i hate womanity i really hate it... but this one...everyone says that looks like womanity... this one... i looooveeeee it...! hmmmm don't know why, it smells wonderful on my skin.

Gigi86
Gigi86

Our story was a usual one:i tried it on a paper and forgot about it.
A few hour later i smelled something pretty..
I HaD to get it!
It starts with a strong spicy note but then it calms down to a fresh but warm woody floral with a hint of fig.I know that according to the notes it doesn't include fig but i can feel something like this.
in the last period it becomes a nice sweet amber.
Sillage is very good and it lasts around 6 hours on me.

Michylaka
Michylaka

So I had to get this one. It kept calling to me as most CK fragrances do. I kept testing it and debating on it. It is so unique and I really enjoy the mellow notes. I think this one is better suited for the Fall and Winter days. I will resort to the heavy hitters for cold nights. It is soft and cozy which I like. The salt is not as prominent as one would think but it is detectable. The peppers are not intrusive either but present. It has an aquatic note which is stronger in the beginning then it drys down to a moderately sweet woody fragrance. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is about six hours. I think it has some similarities to Womanity but I find that Reveal stands out on its own and is a wonderful addition to my collection. The bottle is different and I am glad I got the 50ml bottle as I think the bigger one would have been a bit hard to find a place for on my vanity. This one gets a 10/10 from me.

Glassflower
Glassflower

I was out shopping and picked this one up as I find it really nice for the cooler weather. There is a nice easy relaxing feeling I got from it. It is woodsy with some floral. I get the salt. It is unusual and I think I have a new favorite.

Cecile27
Cecile27

Sprayed this on as a whim and was at first hit with an extremely strong pepper note that faded after ten minuets then developed into a strange scent that reminded me a vick's vaporub!! I wanted to rush home and wash it off my wrist!!! However, after getting into my car and turning on the heater the vick's smell faded and I was left with a pleasant mix of sandalwood, and a creamy woody iris. It was vastly different from what I first experienced! This is definitely an indicator that this fragrance will be much more pleasant on my skin in warmer weather. Not sure if I will purchase a bottle, but if my hunch is correct and it smells vastly different in summer, then this could be a pleasant addition to my collection.

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

This one is kinda unusual but nice. I would say very safe to wear to work. It's unusual salty and pepper works the senses while coming on with the sweetness and ending up with lingering woods, it's nice, just don't find it so sexy rather a good daytime scent.

VieuxCarre
VieuxCarre

A thick cream that wraps around your skin. Non offensive or any risky uniqueness. Its perfect for a teacher, nurse, or someone in child care

cvrlemicabeka
cvrlemicabeka

I don't like Womanity, so I wasn't in the hurry to try this one.. But I was surprised.. It's so interesting salty, woody, airy.. and complex.
And like jessbug wrote, it has that dusty, musty feel.. And it's the reason why I like it even more!!

Marinaki
Marinaki

Yes, It smells like Womanity but in a bad way. TOO SALTY... to the point that makes you Thirsty! It has a sweet base (cinnamon) but very poor... There is no Balance to this perfume. No guys to this one, you better buy Womanity its wayyy better!

kutyafina
kutyafina

Quite good!Cinnamon like. Definitely an autumn scent!
Spicy!

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

I'm going to definitely wear this on my skin and update this review. I smelled this while working in the perfume counter and it smelled woody but floral.

Calvin Klein makes amazing perfumes in my opinion.

masrizalrikifariki

I just dont understand the smell...very confusing... a bit like saliva...it scares me!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I think they were trying to make a fragrance that smells like someones skin after they've just had sex and released all the salty sweat and pheromones but this doesn't smell like that. it smells like malted wood with a slight hint of something earthy/oud/tobacco-like (probably the ambergris note). I didn't really detect the salt note on it's own but it does have a marine type undertone to it. the iris rounds up the fragrance and gives it the perfumey type quality. I didn't even realise people thought this was similar to womanity til I just scrolled up and saw the votes but now i think about it, to me it would smell quite similar if it had some fruit notes. womanity is a disaster that was ruined by the fig note to be honest, and it gives me a headache, i really want to swap my 42 mls

my verdict: this perfume is lovely and i really want to like it, but i would probably end up hating it after a week because my skin chemistry doesn't do well with marine type fragrances :( although i will keep going back to try it every once in a while to see if anything changes

alabangcute
alabangcute

I guess the big question is - who wants to smell salty? Usually, people who have worked all day in the sun kind of smells salty and sour. Boo to Calvin Klein for not coming out with breakthrough fragrances like the original Calvin Klein creations like Obsession, Eternity, Escape, etc. They are just like any other fragrance company trying to leverage on the popularity of old-time bestsellers. No innovation going on anymore.

rooa
rooa

Tried this today on my wrist and I like the salty-spicy powdery combination.
For me this is an oriental scent, mysterious and sexy. Gives that femme-fatale aura.
After one hour unfortunately I can feel only the woody notes which make Reveal a heavy fragrance, hard to stand for many hours. This can give a love or hate reaction.
It's a good choice when you want something new.

Anywho
Anywho

I just got a sample of Reveal, put it on my wrist and at first I thought that it's just another one of those cucumber/melon fragrances (not listed but that's what I get). After a while, though, this familiar cozy,lovely scent reaches my nostrils...Reveal smells to me like a Summer version of Belle en Rykiel. BeR is on my other wrist now and there is a close similarity. I love BeR in Winter and will put Reveal on my want list for Summer. It gives me the ever so slightly sweet woody and coffee yummieness I adore in BeR but is wrapped in that light cucumber/melon?!? blanket to make it perfect for Summer wear.

Edit: When I first sampled Reveal in the Australian Spring during milder temperatures I got the similarity to BeR as I have written above. Some time later during the first heat wave with high humidity Reveal 'revealed' itself. What a game changer! I get now the salty, beachy drift wood vibe and the BeR effect is barely there. I will keep the rest of my sample and test Reveal again towards Autumn when the temperatures plummet in order to see whether the beach vibe dissappears to let BeR take over the show again. Will keep you posted. Btw, I like both 'versions' of this fragrance. I usually don't like pepper that much in a scent, but here it plays along very nicely with everything else to give that nice beach sense. It makes me imagine myself walking on the sand in the morning, drift wood and algae dotting the beach, grains between my toes, the salty air in my nostrils...and no care in the world. It's a very casual, 'let your hair down' scent to me. Very nice indeed. It's like getting two for one.

armour
armour

Whilst there is nothing to not love about this perfume -gorgeous salty beachy sand smell - it really does now remind me if dior's addict. Wow

MissK85
MissK85

Definitely a sultry nightime scent. I dont detect the salt at all. I do detect the Amber and Sandalwood as the top scents that stand out. Teenagers and young adults probably wont like this scent. I find they usually go for more generic scents..vanilla based floral fruiy ect(which im slowly growing out of) and theyd probably describe this as an old lady musky perfume but i quite like it. I will most likely purchase it.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Soft, elegant and white.

It has a nice scent and I did not smell this salty-like scent every one talks about.

It's more white and woody scented, not a heavy scent. I find this easier to wear than Liquid Gold.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

The funniest story happened to me with this perfume :P
I was so eager to try it since it doesn't arrive yet to Algeria, last month i was in Turkey for my honeymoon and it happened that i found REVEAL CK in dutyfree so i was so excited to try it.....I held the bottle, sprayed my wriste and put the bottle back on the stand and before my husband finishes his sentence warning me that i didn't place the perfume correctly....CRAAAAAASH, it felt down on the floor and became a million pieces and all the dutyfree smelled like salt.....how shameful i was, fortunetly i didn't have to pay the bottle price ....but i walked out with shame and with my husband teasing and laughing at me -_-
Anyway, this perfume smells close to WOMANITY, and it can be easily worn as UNISEX i guess......but i'm not buying it coz it'll remind me of this shameful accident.
PS: I blame the bottle for this accident, it's not well designed!

MissRen02
MissRen02

I understand the frequent comparisons to Womanity, and though I am a fan of Thierry Mugler, Womanity was a let down for me. CK Reveal, however, has grown on me more and more. There is a salty and sandy spicy blend In it. It warms up on your skin. Eventually ending up woodsy and fresh. Not straight forward, your first experience with it won't be like your second or third. It is interesting and unique. And though I would think with these notes it would hug close to the skin, it projects well and the longevity is great and almost nothing lasts on me. Well done Calvin Klein, I am thoroughly enjoying my bottle of Reveal.

PerfumeLoveKK22
PerfumeLoveKK22

Reveal smells like a night of salty caviar at a fancy restaurant. Its smokey, salty, woody and spicy. It starts out very salty and fresh; but dries down to creamy warm spices, woods and your typical musk. I can imagine someone wearing this to a date, with a mysterious dimmed setting. To me its very complex and different, everytime you sniff theres a different facet to it. Im definitely buying a full size bottle.

curvealert
curvealert

As others have correctly pointed out, this is a woodier version of Womanity, minus the peculiar fishy note. Womanity intrigued me in theory, but I couldn't imagine wearing it in real life; Reveal is more wearable but not sufficiently interesting for me to go for a whole bottle.

myra83
myra83

At first snif it simmilar to my favaroute luxarious brand amouage opus viii.. yess it is but reval more to cheap way of smell. I more prefeer amouage opus viii than reval. If you guys love amouage opus viii and lack of money to get amouage opus viii then get this c.k reveal. Plus it suite with hot climax weather like malaysia.

Togiii
Togiii

A very masculine scent due to its musky note. But the sweetness makes it kind of interesting.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

@Amore.....My nose is not broken at all, on me this is almost identical to Womanity, we all perceive perfume differently. I would do a side by side but nobody carries Womanity around here and I didn't like it enough to buy a sample or bottle (had a sample, but chucked it months ago). I think it's mostly the saltiness and woods that makes it smell so Womanity-ish, I do actually like it more than Womanity on myself but the husband will probably still not be impressed, he hated Womanity. I find Reveal very much more enjoyable on paper and may have to spray it on a test strip every time I'm in Ulta to make my car smell lovely! On the plus side it lasts a very long time on me (6 hrs so far) and the sillage is gentle but noticable.

mamufa
mamufa

@blacklibran1:
I tried it yesterday and had the same impression.

Miss-Fragrance62

Je l'aime ce parfum et ce qui est drôle c'est que dans tous les parfums que j'ai mon neveu de 6 ans ma cousine et ma mère préfère tous ce parfum.Et j'ai toujours le droit à cette remarque "Reveal est un bon parfum mais quand tu le portes il est si différent que le parfum du flacon et il te va super bien" donc trop contente car d'après les avis j'embellis le parfum lol .C'est vraiment ma signature ,mon parfum :)

Very spicy, powdery and woody scent! Interesting and quite good in a way. Light and quite fine, but I wouldn't run to the shop to buy it.
I don't like the bottle, it almost fell on the floor when I tried it at the shop.
It's close to nature in my opinion.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Goes on nicely, dries down to something that I find too sweet. Wish it was more "salty" or "earthy"

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is disappointing. In the magazine sample it seemed to have such a nice salty/spicy/ambery tone, but actually wearing the perfume, it gets this icky sweetish-wet-cardboard feel, like a bad aquatic note or something. I'm guessing it must be cashmeran, I get the same note from Alien Essence Absolue and it bugs me. If it's a note you like, you would probably like this perfume, because that's pretty much the central focus.

archivist
archivist

This is SUCH a flashback to the late 80s! It smells soooo close to Benetton Colors (I haven't smelled it since the 1980s, it may have changed since then) that it kind of rocked me back on my feet because the familiarity took me by surprise, like seeing your big 8th grade crush in the grocery store, untouched by the passage of time. Then it kind of reminds me of the original formulation of Gucci Rush. It's definitely retro, in an 80s throwback kind of way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was actually designed back then and is the perfume formula equivalent of new old-stock.

Auroramoshimoshi
Auroramoshimoshi

Yes i have tested it today. Woodsy powdery spicy hence it is cery sensual. So u might like it if u like JPG classique and intense fragrance. I would say it will be a hit fr CK collection other than euphoria. Sure it is not a childish perfume

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

I don't think I've been interested in any Calvin Klein perfumes since I was in 7th grade and everyone was in love with Ck One. I was really interested in Reveal since I decided to smell it. I believe that these perfumes are created out of the Coty factory?? For some reason absolutely everything from under the Coty brand does something strange and I end up having this odd pencil shaving scent in the dry down. I was unsure about purchasing Reveal because I don't think smelling like a pencil shaving is all that appealing. I'm still testing the tester and will say this: as first it's unlike most of Calvin Kleins perfumes. Lots of watery and floral notes with something interesting mixed in. I could see how some people would compare it to Womanity, but I feel this is more masculine in a sense. Not sure if it is something my chemistry is in to, but I'm sure it smells absolutely beautiful on the right wearer.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

I almost dropped the overly large and impractical bottle and sniffing the cap was all I was prepared to do after that bad start. It's yet another unimaginative creation just in time for the Christmas rush. It's soft, floral and just like dozens of others apart from a strange and vaguely medicinal undertone I can't quite place.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I got a bottle of this yesterday, I will just put it out there now, I'm not a dedicated fan of CK with the exception of euphoria and obsession. That said, I do like to try new perfumes.

This is rather nice, kind of what's in fashion at the moment, sweet, woodsy and musky and probably targeted at women younger than me to be fair.

The only thing about this perfume that doesn't meld with my skin is a dusty-aqua note that seems to lurk in the background. Having said that, it'll appeal to lots of people, its just not very well balanced to my nose.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Gosh, I like this!

Calvin Klein can pull together a great fragrance every so often. Like any brand, some are better than others. I really like Eternity Moment and Beauty, I think they have excelled here.

It's musky and ambery, but the salt and beach smells are very apparent and linger on skin and cloth. Just beautiful.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This ain't bad, I deff get the unisex quality people are stating, what you're getting is pretty much a woodsy scent dominated by the cashmeran rounded out with some amber spices. It's not just a spice explosion though I do get subtle hints of creamy sweetness && pick up the powdery-ness as well. I will note that this seems to be a lil bit of a love it or hate it fragrance. Which yea this is very bold yes it borders slightly masculine if that's not your thing, then this might not be in your realm, however if you're the opposite then you'll totally take a liking to it. I enjoy this I will also note that this is deff. a try before you buy, I don't care much for the initial spray, but oh the dry down that heavenly dry down is magic, && you can deff. tell this fragrance has a CK signature on it. Longevity && sillage are fantastic, in all BRAVO CK!! Have yet to try the men's hopefully it favors in comparison.

Overall: 9/10

Side note: I don't get the comparison with Womanity at all (got some broken noses up in here) so don't let that turn you off if your weren't a fan of Womanity, if you're interested do try this scent out for yourself. ;)

shopgirl
shopgirl

Smells like cream for piles - surprising and unfortunate.

Intoxicating woody & peppery scent with interesting salty note. Nice and comforting, I really like it, but at the same time, I feel a bit overwhelmed. Too boudoir for me.

jamaral
jamaral

Unable to understand this perfume. Very different from the Womanity feminine scent ... Totally disappointed.

tara.kelly
tara.kelly

Sensual musky scent.I will buy it .

persefoni
persefoni

... so glad the Klein company finally found the guts to release a strong personality perfume!!!! Equally impressive with Obsession!

Bold this guy, easily unisex, kind of 90s regarding sillage, longevity and potence!

Nice woods and sandalwood, lots of indian spices, ambery and rich. Reminds me a lot of Kenzo Jungle Elephant, not womanity...

This is a signature scent - you either love it unconditionally, or hate it!
" I do!"

kkw80
kkw80

Ugh. Makes me nauseous. Loved the opening, though. Feeling disappointed, as something comes in after couple of minutes of spraying and completely ruins it with a weird stuffiness. Maybe the woods and ambergris?

joan100
joan100

This fragrance is quite original and CK hasn't released an original fragrance in quite a long time. The scent itself is hardly peppery even though its supposed to have 3 different kinds of pepper. Its more of a sweet, warm, sensuous and ambery fragrance with some saltiness that gives it an edge. Its almost addicting! This is much more toned down than Womanity which isn't to most peoples tastes as it has that tendency to smell 'disgusting'. To sum it up this fragrance is unique but totally wearable.
I have a feeling this fragrance will be a really popular judging by the amount of positive reviews so far!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Spicy, creamy woody perfume. More interesting that I imagined. Very warm, perfect for fall season and winter. It's sensual and sophisticated. Not cloying IMO. The saltiness is well done.

Miss-Fragrance62

Reveal est devenu mon parfum préféré.Pour moi il ne ressemble pas à Womanity (que je n'aime pas)pour moi Womanity est sucré/salé et Reveal est salé et boisé.Quand je le porte je me sens comme dans un cocon car pour moi c'est un parfum de peau et quand je met des parfums de peau je me sens toujours comme dans un cocon avec son odeur chaude qui me rappelle la plage et les vacances et le soleil grace à sa touche salé et il son odeur me fait penser à de la crème solaire en plus il a une longue tenue sur moi plus de 6 heures .Et ce que j'adore aussi c'est que quand je le porte les gens me font des compliments et quand je sors le flacon et que je leur fait sentir ces personnes sont étonnées car Reveal sur ma peau n'a plus du tout la même odeur et on me dit que sur moi le parfum est encore plus beau donc Reveal est mon parfum que j'adore et que je suis contente de trouver un parfum différent de ceux qui sortent en ce moment :)

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

At first, I honestly thought that I was anosmic to this one. I just sprayed it and I could barely get a wiff of it - it is so discreet, but yet so comforting, like a warm and soft blanket. Perfect cold weather scent, perfect skin scent, delicate and warm.
This is the dominant feeling of this perfume for me: warmth and delicacy. It stays close to skin, it doesn't project much. But it envelops you in a woody, sweet warmth.
Then, after about half an hour, the salt note kicked in and it started to resemble Womanity. And I love Womanity in all of its daring glory. But Reveal is more like a cloud of Womanity, much more delicate and docile and feminine.
I don't belive that you could offend or bother someone wearing this scent. It's so discreet on me! But I think I love it! I could wear this every day during the cold season.

plum
plum

Very similar to Womanity! Before I sniffed the bottle at the airport on my way home, I thought that Womanity gained some unexpected popularity and every other woman at this airport and on the plane wore Mugler's perfume. Tested today, but not on skin but on paper. Like it but not enough to purchase a full size bottle.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Tested this today and now I want it!
Yeah, there are slight similarities to Womanity (which I don't mind but don't love) backed up with a gorgeous amber. Like a Womanity and L'Occitane Amber lovechild.

Marie76
Marie76

This is sweet, old fashioned, elegant and womanly, just not my thing. It's spicy in a gourmand sort of way, does it have cinnamon? Musky, but not the scratchy kind. However it's not a voluptuous, round sort of smell. It's almost identical to tomorrow by Avon. The bottle is awful.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

CK Reveal smells nearly identical to TM's Womanity especially in the drydown. However the opening of these two fragrances are very much different.

Reveal is not as dramatic as Womanity. It's salty nevertheless, but not oceanic, animalic or nauseating! It is powdery and rounded. It does not scream: "DIE" or "IN YOUR FACE"... it is definitely gentler (more gentle?) than Womanity.

In Reveal I smell Salt, Iris, Sandalwood the most with some heavier woods in the background.

I say Kudos for CK for stepping outside the comfort zone of nowadays perfumery (Fruity/Floral) and introducing something new and bold. Reveal is a rare example on a successful new combination of notes. For me it can be a nice introduction to Womanity or if you tried Womanity, liked the concept but overpowered you... Then this one will be perfect for you!

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

I don't get the comparison to womanity at all. I can not stand womanity & I think this is nice so don't be offput but testing this.
It lasts a good amount of time as well which is always a good thing

chester
chester

Another fragrance that disappears in twenty minutes. I kinda of like it because it's very sweet but no spice or floral that I can smell. It smells like soft salted caramels and...pencil lead. There's something that smells very mineral, like wet rocks? I love the sweet notes and then the rocks/pencils come in and ruins it. I still spray it on a sample card everywhere I see it because I like the first minute or two. Oh, and the bottle is totally awkward!

simbeast
simbeast

i sprayed this on the other day and promptly forgot about it. walking around the store i kept thinking "someone is wearing waaaay too much womanity. and why the heck do they keep following me?" so that pretty much sums up my feelings about this scent. i don't see the point. reveal is just womanity without the controversy.

i hope that CK snaps out of their rut soon. their recent releases (endless euphoria, downtown) have all been extremely boring, even the bottles they came in were boring. i'm not impressed with the bottle for reveal either, the few extra seconds it took me to figure out which side was the bottom after spraying it was not worth the effort for the juice inside.

elph
elph

I tried a sample of CK Reveal, and I like it a lot. It's like a classic 80's men's fragrance with a sheer overlay of Iris to make it more feminine. There's a gourmand note that peeks out on the drydown. I like androgynous scents, and this very nearly is one. It's also more complex than the first little burst um, reveals. I guess that's why they call it Reveal: it reveals itself in subtle layers, like one does when peeling off the urbanity after a long day at work. I'm going to be on the lookout for this.

Jillybean17
Jillybean17

I like this perfume! It smells beachy but spicy & woody at the same. It's got kind of a minty smell to it also. I smell a slight vanilla like scent on the dry down. This will definitely be my summer perfume!

kelly76
kelly76

Finally! After years of boring fragrances (in CK House) here is one that has something to say ... even if it softly!
I really loved "Secret Obsession" (2008), after which there is no more a perfume that I have been convinced.
"Reveal" is a great return. It is a strange fragrance, very very close to the skin, to be clear: not leaves the trail! To feel it you have to be very close to the person who wears it.
Reveal has something of adult and sensual. Salty and aquatic notes remind me of the smell of bare skin.
I have read that many remember "Womanity" by Thierry Mugler, I do not know this fragrance but I agree with what he wrote Maenad1, also reminds me vaguely Obsession (my first beloved fragrance CK in the 90s). Merit of the woody and spicy notes that dress my skin like a soft glove.
Reveal is perfect for every day and if you want to have a close encounter with someone! I would see it well also on the man's skin.
It 'a modern fragrance, not strictly feminine, and perfectly reflects the contemporary spirit of CK.
The bottle design is not bad and is not as uncomfortable as it appears. I find that it fits perfectly to the character of the fragrance.

Maenad1
Maenad1

I was looking forward to trying Reveal; the notes sounded intriguing. But sadly, it is not for me. I enjoy "soft orientals," but there is nothing soft about this. To me it smells unpleasant. My first thought when I sprayed it was, "It's a watered-down version of Obsession." It's not a heavy fragrance, exactly, but there's some kind of "skank" or dirty note in there -- I kept thinking tobacco, but that's not it; it must be the "chocolate" note -- that gives this fragrance its signature. Imagine a fragrance that wants to be fresh and aquatic but is weighed down with amber and dusty chocolate. The mix of notes in here just isn't right, and doesn't translate to anything I find wearable.

kellyt102

I bought it and love it. I don't, however, love the bottle. It's pretty, but big, wide, heavy and clunky and hard to use. I got the 3.4 oz bottle because I am wearing it every day and just love the fragrance. For me, it's unusual and different, a sort of quiet skin scent that I am anxious to put on every morning. There's a sweetness to it that I only notice when I smell it up close. I'm not getting the pepper notes or much of anything else I can recognize. It kind of surprised me that I like it this much.

arrode
arrode

Hmm, yikes, I don't know how I feel about this one. The notes should have worked well with me, but unfortunately the fragrance doesn't. I don't think this fragrance smells much at all like Womanity other than the "salty" feeling I get from it, so I can't say I agree with that. To me, it's slightly sour/sweet smelling perfume. I don't really detect any spice in this though it's part of the note set. One spray radiates a few feet off my arm, so this is probably quite the heavy-hitter. This would be great for warmer months.

bosem
bosem

From the opening to the end I am suffocated by the pungent sharp camphor. Pure white camphor crystals. Is that the supposed sea salt note? Smells to me like many sporty fresh men colognes. Would never buy it as a substitute to Womanity.
P. S. Sea salt to me is always iodine not camphor.

flora lee
flora lee

I love this. It's like a birch scented bubble bath that dries down to a fizzy and cozy powdery trail with a touch of vanilla-tinged wood. A fresh wood scent that's fun and not too synthetic feeling - a nice surprise from Calvin Klein.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

I really like this and it does smell very similar to Thierry Mugler's Womanity, just much sweeter...almost too sweet and more peppery and less aquatic...probably a better formula for the masses. I really like it because i adore Womanity. Though I do feel it lacks that little touch of magic that is in Mugler's fragrances, and it does not have quite the longevity as Womanity. The bottle is quite boring so probably will just pick up a mini or roller ball.
I have to add though....Womanity's notes are a bit of a mystery, no one seems to know for sure what's in it. I find it interesting that this fragrance that smells so very similar to womanity is called reveal and the packaging is done in the same colors....hmmm
scent: 8.5
packaging: 5

celebrity89
celebrity89

An aquatic chocolate similar to 1995's Lalique Nilang. In the "Angel" family. We don't need any more.

Malibu
Malibu

I've been testing this for weeks, but still to test it a bit more as I'm not totally sure about if a like it enough to buy it yet - at first I think that I love Reveal, but then something weird in the heart always develops and spoils things for me...

Reveal applies soft and clean, everything is based around a slightly salty and warm and glowy sun-kissed-skin-effect subtle musk. I love it - uncluttered and totally 'come closer'.

But when the sea salt aqua accord develops and mixes with the already-salted musk and soft and powdery florals it comes of as very synthetic, so clashes horribly with the subtleness of everything else that is going on.

When the aqua settles down a bit [within 1 hour] I love the soft, natural fragrance again - I'm not sure what they've used to represent a cashmere scarf, but that is indeed what it reminds me of.

If you enjoy warm and simpler perfumes, such as Clinique Simply, then you'll probably enjoy Reveal too.

dormir6

At first: "I know this one!!!!" A kind of sandal-based, sexy skin-scent type of parfume, that makes you confident, sophisticated and beautiful.
After a few seconds: "Jesus, it's Shalimar-like. Shalimar from a distance, throught powder mist.
And in the end; "It's Aqua Motu! With a little bit more sandal, and it's more feminine, than marine.
I like it very much.

handemerve
handemerve

somehow it reminded me of armani lei... but this one is much more agressive and sharp. maybe it's the salt what makes it so agressive. Anyways, i didn't like it but i can imagine that this one would suit a man perferctly.

Musky4
Musky4

I can't comment unfortunately on whether this is similar to Womanity or not as it's been ages since I last smelled Womanity and frankly I can't really remember it (except that I'm not a fan). Reveal is a slightly sweet, fresh, sea salt sort of a scent that reminds me of the sea, but not in a tropical way. Just wet bodies by the sea. I didn't find this scent particularly interesting and each time I've worn it I just felt… well, nothing. This really didn't do anything for me at all. I do think that Autumn is a strange time of year to be launching Reveal in the UK as it strikes me as more of a summer perfume. Not impressed with this one but will be eagerly awaiting the forthcoming launch of CK Liquid Gold Euphoria...

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Just tried this at Macy's on a ribbon as well as on my skin. I am in love. I didn't even plan on testing it. Those 3 pepper notes frightened me, but the Macy's counter display was striking with vases of sea salt and wood. I was intrigued. The initial salty blast of the perfume is lovely, and it's melding with my skin beautifully. The pepper notes aren't harsh or nose-tickly; they're spicy in the way that sun-soaked skin is spicy. And there's a rich, creamy, almost nutty aspect that may be the ambergris? Possibly the cashmeran wood? It's divine. I do believe this just took its place at the top of my Gotta Have list.

marcello19
marcello19

Tested on paper, but I'm not interested in this one. Nothing interesting, I have Womanity and I like it, and I don't find Reveal similar to Womanity at all.

panthere
panthere

Love at first sniff ( which is unusual for me!). I find this scent very sexy although it's understated . On my skin , I smell the salt and pepper opening initially , then it doesn't take long to settle on me. It turns into the most beautiful amber musk with still the salty peppery background hinting out but melding into a very sensual skin scent. I find this smell on me to be very addictive!. Only wish I was able to purchase a larger bottle . They only sell the 30 ml where I am. I'm very impressed with this scent. Well done Calvin Klein!!!.

Odelia
Odelia

I got a sample of this today with a purchase I made. To me this smells like Thierry Mugler's Alien L'essence absolue!!!! the saltier almost perfect dupe of it...

racheldaylewis

Ok so this is pt.2 of my reveal lament: I sprayed myself 3 quick times from the sampler, ck scents have such longevity on me, so I ate taqitos, did laundry and gave my 1 mo. Old a bath, and its still got lots of live left. It also has a nice cloud effect so I can smell it on me without having to shove my wrist up my nose. I was considering saving for a bottle of tobacco oud, which is a Tom Ford must for me---- if the price tag wasn't so steep. Its totally worth it but I'm a single mom blah blah reveal is a good daily. Perfect. And I can save my little bottles of the really high end stuff for special occasions.

I think reveal is unique fresh and has enough of that smutty dirty quality I'm into right now to be addictive. A+

nebbe
nebbe

Really want this one. I get salted caramel and woods. Salty-creamy, not too sweet. Addictive, as I have been craving it for days.

It's Wednesday evening now. This past Sunday I stopped at Macy's to test Reveal, ended up trying it on paper and skin. Enjoyed it on skin, very much. I tucked the scented paper into my purse, and that is keeping Reveal at the front of my mind. Each time I open my purse, mmmmmm smells so good.

And then I think "so I have time on my lunch to run to Macy's?"

Pretty sure I will find time by the end of the week ;)

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I don`t know what it is but at first this smells very much like a bubble gum on my skin. I don`t find it especially salty or spicy. It`s smooth, sweet and powdery with some freshness. Although I smell the bubble gum, this is not a gourmand scent. It`s more natural and woody and close to your skin. I like it a lot.

ginger68
ginger68

I’m fascinated by negative reviews. If a fragrance gives strong emotions it deserves attentions, even if it's appreciable or not.
Reveal is an odd fragrance and this is positive. I’m looking for something new that breaks conventions.
Well I think this fragrance has two souls. There is a conventional one (the soft oriental aspect) and another face that is addictive and crazy. The salty note lives together with the creamy side. It’s not fruity as Womanity, it’s more spicy. I adore pepper and vetiver. I never liked Calvin Klein’s fragrances, they don’t work very well on my skin, but this one is really pleasant and it can be a signature one. Even if Reveal is a weird fragrance, I don’t think can be offensive. It’s quite easy to wear. Beautiful bottle too.

Update: after wearing it for a while on my skin it's sweet and comfortable. The salty note is very thin and I would like to smell something more briny. Probably it depends on my skin that makes a lot of notes smooth and sweet.

racheldaylewis

This is heavenly! I may replace my treasured euphoria with it. I've been buying tons of samples in attempts to find a new every day scent. Reveal is spicy and creamy with just enough bite to keep it interesting. I'm glad Calvin surprised me again, I was becoming rather despondent after all the euphoria flanker duds. (euphoria dark dreams euphoria bright morning euphoria endless bullshite. ) Reveal is just lovely, I will definitely invest in a big bottle.

beckytompkins94
beckytompkins94

This is my new favorite scent. I love it. So salty, so different, so long lasting. I keep reaching for this one and don't think I will stop anytime soon

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Reveal only slightly reminds me of Womanity, which I happen to love. This is not bad at all! On me, it is rather low in sillage, has decent longevity. It is pretty, and the salt does definitely come through, along with the pepper and Iris. I don't find it particularly powdery. Reveal makes for a nice, subtle fragrance, when you don't want to make statement, or turn heads. And I could never see Reveal breaking any hearts or some handsome man revisiting the old Windsong phrase: "...her Reveal stays on my mind". A definite "like" for me.

pravda48
pravda48

My 1st impression: this is briny, woody musk, a craveable naturally warm salty smell.

Reveal is more like a semi-sweet, sand-swept dune than the beach, my my! Much more salt than Womanity, NO Mugler syrupy sweetness here! I get only a touch of salt in Womanity and this one, well frankly it may make you thirsty upon initial application.

Reveal actually has the barely fishy (ambergris) nuances everyone (unjustly) accused Womanity of but only up close, very close. And honestly it could just be an association with brine. I'd guess it's UNISEX.

--Sillage: seems good! 3 sprays is easily detectable from arm's length for now
--Longevity: very good! At least 6hrs

@6sprays, much more iris. This amount brings the doughy softly sweet iris out more, while @2 sprays it was more salt, pepper, and cashmere musk. Ultimately I traded my bottle because it kept making me thirsty!

Gaylydie

sérieux les filles vous n'êtes jamais contente pfffff

Gaylydie

mon parfum préféré et j'ai toujours des compliments quand je le porte ♥

blueviolet
blueviolet

Salty. To me Womanity was a hate crime, and this is not far behind.
I think you will like it if you like the sea and the saltiness of womanity.
It's different and I will take my hat of for that.

migueldematos
migueldematos

To me this could have been a great fragrance without the gourmand touch. I loved the opening and the drydown, but it's too commercial.

P.S. I would never buy it, but I'd wear it If someone gave it to me :P

Claire84
Claire84

Reminded me of that pinky colour water they give you in the dentist to wash your mouth out with... definitely not a fan! :P

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

I tried this as part of the Chandler Burr Untitled series as brought to me by Lucky Scent. In brief, that means I got this fragrance in an unmarked bottle, sans name, sans marketing, sans all. This is a bit of a shame because, as far as I can tell, the most interesting thing about this product is the bottle. Well, that and the ad…the ad’s pretty hot.

[fan, fan, fan] Where was I? Oh yeah. My first notes on the scent were that it struck me as very “commercial.” Well, at least I got that right. I didn’t get any indication of salt or pepper, though I wish I had. What I do get is an initial burst of melon, an aquatic note (which I do not care for), and a non-specific sweet gourmand with some musk.

Pass.

Eesa
Eesa

Tested from paper sample in Ulta mailer which I rubbed on the back of my hand. Wow, this is very gross for me, I'm sorry. I very rarely have an extreme dislike to a scent, but this one does fall in that category. I can definitely smell the "wet dog" that others have said. It is a unique smell for me at least... I have not smelled Womanity though, so it may indeed be similar to that as others say. I can detect pepper, which I usually love in perfumes, but it is just so ruined by the other notes. I would advise anyone to try this before they buy it.

ecerusen
ecerusen

at first i was amazed. i was like "gosh it smells good". it was smell like lolita lempicka l and womanity mixture. but unfortunately this similarity takes short time and it turns to womanity in a more cloying way.
i wish its peppery side stay too long but it didnt happened. first 30 min my thoughts were "i should buy it" and then they turn to "i should wash it". ironically its sillage is very good, it walks with you even after 2 hours. if i was like it, it would be great choice for me but nope.

womanity its well blended more than this. and i dont really need this when womanity is still at stores.

Lace.S
Lace.S

This scent really grabbed me when I tried it at the Macy's perfume counter today. There's a beautiful peppered vanilla opening that gives way to a watery marine, flanked by salt and something earthy, maybe a bit of driftwood. There's something that reminds me of sweaty skin, not unplesent, but like someone who has been laying out in the sun.

I loved it, can't wait to grab a bottle for myself.

SherlocksWife
SherlocksWife

The notes combine in a way that, to me, smells very much like cinnamon. Very warm and almost sweetly vanilla, which is a surprise. What's even more of a surprise is that I really like it.

I really like this.
I sampled it and went back the next day and bought a rollerball. There is an ozonic/sweet note "under" the initial notes that reminds me somewhat of Eternity and the "airy" feeling that gave me years ago. This is quite different from Eternity, tho, and different from most of the things I've smelled lately, too.
Reading what other people had to say about it, I'm going to have to sample Womanity too, because I love fig. Reveal for some reason reminds me a little of fig too. I don't notice the musk, which is a good thing b/c musk is usually a deal-breaker for me. I like how sweet and warm and creamy it is. Nothing blatant. I'm hoping I can afford a bigger bottle when my rollerball is used up.

darksome
darksome

Looking at the notes, I hoped that Reveal would be a non gourmand, still a little sweet, woody and creamy. I hoped for the brilliant saltiness that I enjoy so much in Molinard's Vanille Marine.

Unfortunately it's totally different. It has a fresh/green note, (which I highly dislike), but it's indeed a tad creamy and a little sweet. The salty note is very subdued - in one way quite natural and raw smelling. Not herbal, but more "animalic" salty, if that makes sense (ambergris), but somehow it's not enough dominant for my liking.

Reveal is interesting. I neither like it too much or truly dislike it , the drydown is the best part, creamy,pretty , warm..but the top notes are hard for me to swallow, a bit like damp wood!?my husband thinks it smells like Brut.. A bit masculine, flat..then it gets better..I doubt this will put Calvin Klein back into the limelight. I don't think I will buy a bottle, I need to wear my sample more to decide where I stand on that one...not so much like Womanity, it is better, or Contradiction which was way better in my views...it has a bit of the vibe of Obsession too..
I have yet to like a creation of Bruno Jovanovic, they are usually not harmonious.
Well let' s just say if you want something different and a bit edgy, it might work for you.
But I swear I have smelled something like it before.
Not for me.

Beezle
Beezle

If Calvin Klein's intent was to take a chance and be daring they have succeeded. The problem is that the direction of REVEAL is so different from what you would expect from them. The sales associate was as delighted to find their bottle and we both admired it. The bottle begs you to hold it. Its hefty and unique. I mentally planned a space for it on my dresser as it was handed to me. I sprayed it as did the SA and waited. Nothing bad, nothing good and hoped for something delightful. Expecting a windswept beach, all I got was a vision of a flat brown marshmallow left behind for day. I got salt, and brown, nothing more. I had to wash it off when I got home.

Germany
Germany

First impression was good and almost bought it. Then I decided to wear the sample first and boy am I glad I did try this for a day before purchasing. Its an ok scent , but it reminds me strongly of one of my most disliked fragrances by TM , womanity. Its salty and peppery and has an odd sea Oder . Not bad but just not what I like to smell like. It certainly is different although some of my girlfriends said it was generic like many out there. Maybe it's just me , but I won't be buying this one. And I don't like that bottle either, its clunky and hard to handle, nor attractive . Sorry for the somewhat negative review , it could very well be because I prefer other fragrances over this and just have no interest to buy this , it's not a bad smell just not great either. ... and to defend it , it wins over womanity any time !
In the end all I smell are peppered ,salted figs on a cool metal plate on a surface of blond woods. Rather odd ,,,
So my guess is if you like womanity you may love this even more, but if you don't then don't bother with this one, or at least don't blind buy it , and again, that's just my opinion ....

harpermae

I had high hopes for this one, as I love all of the notes listed. Alas, it is pretty one-dimensional on me. I get the slightly salty powdery effect at the beginning, which is not bad, but it's not great, either. When it dries down, I can get a bit of pepper and woods, but not enough to draw me in. Come on, Calvin Klein! You haven't produced a good scent in so long, and I thought that this was the one!
Also, the bottle is very awkward and clunky, not too easy to handle. Oh well.

WhoScentsU-lee
WhoScentsU-lee

A complex skin scent. My skin gathers the raw salt/ solar accord. Love it. This is a wear a sweater cuddle fragrance. This will be wonderful for fall. The sandalwood ads a seductive dry down.

florabella
florabella

I tried this today and immediately knew that it is going to the top of my want list! This juice is divine! I didn't get a lot of powder, thankfully, but the warmest, loveliest woody amber. My first impression was warm skin, flushed by afterglow. It is an extremely sensual fragrance but without seeming crass or raunchy. I love it and it will become mine!

auroramaria

This is my second review on Reveal.
It gets better and better the more I wear it.
Sweet and powdery it's really quite unique and today I got two compliments people tell me I smell dreamy!!
Really happy about my purchase and on me it lasts several hours !! I think Reveal might become a hit!
EDIT this scent is addictive! I find myself craving it during the day so I take my bottle to work and touch up whenever I want, this is really a great fragrance

jellybeantree

Ha Ha @smcandsmc that is so funny! I agree fully! The perfume is nice too!

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

If they think a picture of half-naked Charlie Hunan can get me to buy something, then they know me too well.

harpermae

I'm trying this today from a paper strip, so I'll have to update my review when i'm able to try it from the actual bottle. Having said that, I really like it. It is a very soft and woody oriental. I'm not really getting salt and pepper, but it is slightly spicy and warm. I think this would be a good all-year-round fragrance, for daytime or night. I'm going to guess that longevity is not going to be good, but again, I'm basing that on my little paper sample. Can't wait to go to Macy's and douse myself in the real thing, to see how it wears!

melissa
melissa

I tried this yesterday and got a sample. I tend to not like oriental like smells due to overloads of patchouli, but this is really pretty. It reminds me of a cool evening on the beach with a fire. I hope when I start wearing my sample that I continue to like it.

blacklibran1

Just got this today an it smells like wet dog. Totally disappointed. What I thought would be a creamy woodsy scent trend out to be a very weird albeit unattractive scent. The bottle and images are fantastic. I don't see any woman wearing this . At all. Not a winner. And very pricey for what it is. I'm going to give second wearing tomorrow.

jams55
jams55

I tried this today at Macy's and I smell a lighter, fresher, more modern Shalimar. It's soft and light with a hint of sweet and has stayed on my skin, even through hand washings, for 6 hours. I don't smell salt or pepper. For my dry skin, the silage and longevity gets my vote. This smells to me to be a year round fragrance and I plan to purchase.
EDIT: Sprayed twice on a jacket yesterday from my sample. Smells better today! My daughter likes this more than my Boucheron Place Vendome, Karl Lagerfeld For Her, Euphoria and D&G Pour Femme.

julianna32
julianna32

This isn't as peppery as I imagined it would be. It is surprisingly a softer creamy scent. Just when I thought it could be a possibility, the scent was gone.

almarie
almarie

I just tried this at my local Macy's and though I did not purchase this yet, I most definitely will! I tried this on, along with the new Coach perfume and I really like both of these! The Reveal by Calvin Klein is a little more masculine for my taste, but the drydown is more feminine and I really do enjoy it:) I will wait,though until I can get it a little cheaper as I don't think it warrants a purchase just yet at full price:)

jellybeantree

Haven't tested on my skin but it is one of the best new releases I tried. Interesting and different. :) Well done CK

auroramaria

Just tried Reveal at Douglas perfumery in Italy, I'm in love with it!
I did not expected it to be so good but it is amazing.
After a couple of hours into spraying it I get the most beautiful suntan lotion smell, it's a bit nutty and sweet then dries down very powdery on my skin it has a quiet aquatic note too.
After two hours it's still going strong and I can't get over how great it smells.
I think Reveal could be suitable also for Winter because it projects a lot.
By the way bottle is gorgeous

EDIT Reveal lasted 5 hours on me so longevity is pretty good
EDIT2 I purchased a 50ml bottle and with it I got a small tube of body lotion for free I tried it todayand it's just divine smooth and creamy and perfumed with the gorgeous notes of Reveal

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

sample review:
It goes on kinda liquor-ish on my skin, giving me a sweet, dense, syrupy vibe.
It dries down somewhat creamy, slightly powdery and slightly spicy.
It smells a bit nutty and faintly reminiscent of chocolate.
Could be a cousin of Valentino Uomo for men.
Not bad, but on my skin it lacks sillage & longevity.

Gaylydie

Sentie et testé cet après midi alors pour moi l'odeur du parfum me fait penser à celles des crèmes solaires avec en plus une touche de sel dessus c'est un peu bizarre mais quand je l'ai tésté sur ma main il est doux et sent vraiment comme de la crèeme solaire par contre sur ma main la touche de sel disparait et c'est un parfum de longue durée environ 6h sur moi bref mon prochain achat c'est celui ci car il rappelle la plage les vacances et bien sur l'odeur des crèmes que l'on met à la plage !

jessbug
jessbug

My first opinion of this perfume was a bit harsh. I wrote down: "Reveal feels like the love-child of Sensuous Nude, Shalimar Parfum Initial, and Womanity, only with all of the best bits of those three filtered out." I've since given Reveal a second chance, and if I'm honest I don't find it a bad perfume at all. I do keep thinking that it really reminds me of another perfume, but I haven't figured out which one yet.

Reveal is a warm skinscent, with a slightly powdery floral-woody sweetness. I'm a bit surprised to see that iris is the only floral here, because I'm also reminded of whiter, waxier flowers. There's also a fresh, aquatic, somewhat ozonic accord in Reveal. Something that smells like the seaside (it kind of reminds me of Womanity, but without the fig or the caviar). I've come to love these 'sea' scents, so I wish it was stronger! In the background some peppery notes give this fragrance a bit of a dusty, musty feel.

I actually think this will smell wonderful on the right skin. I don't want to pay retail prices for this, though.

Reveal by Calvin Klein 3.27 out of 5 based on 853 ratings and 239 user reviews

Reveal Calvin Klein Perfume by Calvin Klein, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Calvin Klein Reveal eau de parfum for women 1 oz
Calvin Klein Reveal eau de parfum for women 1 oz
Reveal Calvin Klein Perfume by Calvin Klein, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Reveal Calvin Klein Perfume by Calvin Klein, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Calvin Klein Reveal Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calvin Klein Reveal Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 4oz
Calvin Klein Reveal Gift Set I. Eau De Parfum 3,4 oz Body Milk 3,4 oz
Calvin Klein Reveal Gift Set I. Eau De Parfum 3,4 oz Body Milk 3,4 oz
Gift Set 4oz
Calvin Klein Reveal Gift Set II. Eau De Toilette 3,4 oz Aftershave Balm 3,4 oz Shower Gel 3,4 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Sephora.com, Inc.
Calvin Klein Reveal 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Calvin Klein Reveal 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Gift Set 3.4oz
Calvin Klein Reveal Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 100ml 3.4oz Shower Gel 100ml 3.4oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Reveal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Reveal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Reveal by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Reveal by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.