Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Sheer Beauty Calvin Klein for women

Sheer Beauty Calvin Klein for women
dislike

Sheer Beauty Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Calvin Klein launches a new edition of Beauty fragrance from 2010 named Sheer Beauty. The original evokes timeless beauty and elegance, while the new edition turns to young women and emphasizes naturalness, self-confidence and charm.

The composition is floral – fruity, opening with notes of bergamot, red berries and peach Bellini. The perfume’s core includes flowers of peony, pink lily and jasmine. The base is velvety due to accords of sandalwood, musk and vanilla blossom.

The bottle is designed as its predecessor, refreshed with pearly shades of blush color. The face of the fragrance is model Daphne Groeneveld. It is available from January 2012 as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Red Berries Bellini

Jasmine Peony Lily

Musk Sandalwood Vanille

Sheer Beauty Fragrance Reviews

Su_Bakshi
Su_Bakshi

I tried this one at a mall yesterday and I couldn't resist sniffing my arm for a very long time. About longevity, I think it easily lasted for 4-5 hours or more on my wrist.
It is indeed "Sheer Beauty" . I will be gifting myself this heavenly scent very soon .

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

It's soft and very feminine. It fades too quickly for such a pleasant smell. Is it really "almost a full copy of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche" as antonpan said? I like it. I think this is a lovely perfume while it lasted.

Chocolate90
Chocolate90

I love the smell but it so soft and the smell is gone after one hour
Actually I am disappointed when I tried CK perfumes and this perfume increased that feeling

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

This is Dahlia Noir by Gevinchy, just less sweet & more fresh !!!

df21
df21

What a disappointment on this fragrance!... The first 5 minutes were so promissing that I thought this could be the perfect fragrance for me. Very soft lovely floral, elegant and romantic. Just perfect! The problem was, after 15 minutes it was almost gone and half an hour later there wasn't even a trace of it. It was like it never existed.
I do like soft, subtle scents, but wearing Sheer Beauty or nothing it's pretty much the same thing. I think this fragrance is obscenely expensive for the time it lasts, and according to other reviewers it seems that I'm not the only one. I've worn supermarket colognes that lasted longer. Perhaps an EDP worked better...
Other than that, the brief moments that it lasts, it's a lovely soft and elegant floral, innocent and inoffensive and suitable for all ages that can be worn anytime and anywhere.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This perfume is just perfect- floral fresh, juicy and slightly naughty (I mean the presence of the Bellini). The opening reminds me Chanel Chance eau fraiche. The drydown is warm and sensual without being vulgar. The bottle is gorgeous- thick, solid, rosy glass. The shape makes me think about the shapes of women. A pure, clean design. A wonderful simplicity which reflects well this scent. The only minus- the staying power is quite weak on me.
It's like a young,beautiful bride -light, dreamy, innocent and blushing, but with some very hot and naughty fantasies she would like to fulfill.
In the morning she's getting married, in the afternoon she's celebrating, dancing and enjoying the life, but in the night she is showing all her love and fantasies to her beloved.

This perfume is kind of okayish. I was more impressed by the original Beauty which was a masterpiece in my opinion but this one is totally wearable too. Fruity, fresh and not overpowering.

SillySue
SillySue

I really loved the top notes of Sheer Beauty and thought I had found something amazing. They were right up my alley, fruity and fresh and the Bellini smelled gorgeous! Sadly that joy ride only lasted about 15 seconds... then things started going terribly wrong. The dry down turns completely weird on me. Can't quite explain it. Sour almost? In any case, not pleasant. Disappointed.

Chitra
Chitra

My daughter who is 13 yrs. old was the first one to compliment me on this fragrance. She wanted me to save some for her...when she grows up.. :-). I love it too,a subtle fragrance that does not intrude into people around you but relaxes them n makes them smile with you. Very happy indeed.

Very delicate fragrance, floral, subtle, so great choice for spring & summer. Personally I prefer sweeter and a bit more powerful scents, but for someone who prefers not sweet and very classical ones, Sheer Beauty could be perfect. Also, this fragrance is very appropriate for work or school, cause it won't bother anyone, even most dreadful boss or teacher:)

megkaybeee
megkaybeee

This perfume somewhat reminds me of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre for its cuteness of the scent(and the bottle). Somehow I would choose this Sheer Beauty over the Chance ET for how it is more complex, and has more depth. The longer I wear, the better the scent turns to. This is my holy grail of all time.

Rose dD
Rose dD

Nice perfume,fresh, simple but evaporate fast.

redfraggle
redfraggle

Fresh, clean, transparent, feminine, elegant. I like "soapy" perfumes. Much better than "Beauty".

sky74

Come on people: Vaporizes fast?! I can smell it hours and hours later. Very musky and musk has a tendency to linger hours on my skin (and to my nose). Similar to Chanel Chance eau tendre?!
Never would have imagined those two connected. I have both, Can't see any similarities except the color of the liquid.

If you can't smell a perfume on yourself, it doesn't mean that others don't smell you.

Also, there is an old saying: If you can't smell the perfume you're wearing, it means it's the right perfume for you!

Iris_it
Iris_it

The first thing which came into my mind when I tested Sheer Beauty was : " If this is a perfume, I am the Queen of Sheba " :-)

Well , I like intense perfumes which have a personality , tell you a story ...that is ... I like perfume ! I guess this is exactly the kind of perfume that Sheer Beauty lovers could hate .

This Sheer Nonsense is so light and turns into nothing within a very short time : it is one of the numerous expensive colored waters just served into a nice bottle .

Well , it is not an obligation to wear perfume . If perfumery is going to ask ( steal ) money for very bad quality , I am no buyer .

I enjoyed the comment below mine and also the very first one of this page .

CHERRY BLOWSOME
CHERRY BLOWSOME

being in love wiz long lasting fragrances .. IT DOES NOT DESERVE paying your money .. as Senzadite said .. nothing but ethanol pour femme .
after i got it on my hand .. i can hardly recognize its smell .. actually its my hand smell

trishtan
trishtan

I like this perfume. Sheer indeed. Fresh, soft, a bit sweet, musky drydown. It's like having your personal moment, doing what u like the most. You feel confident & beautiful, independent & elegant. The longevity is good too. It will represent beautiful, independent & elegant woman.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

Due to the reviews saying that it smells masculine, my mindset smells masculine as for room temperature. Then one evening i decided to go fr a jog with my lil nephew. No idea what to wear, i sprayed 2 sprits on my t shirt and while jogging i smelt a very comforting scent. Im in love! Then during the night my sis fetched me in front of my house. I wore this frag and my 2nd bro mentioned "nice smell. What car perfume u bought i want it fr my car as well". And actually it was SHEER BEAUTY :)
gotta grab the full size soon after dkny pure n burberry body!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Sheer Beauty is a very pretty, feminine and delicate fragrance that blends softly with the skin as if wearing an exclusive beautifully scented body lotion. It is pleasantly balanced between fruity and floral, sweet and fresh, and over all very well blended. Unfortunately it fades away too quickly.

Quietloud
Quietloud

The first time I tried Sheer Beauty earlier this winter I found it a bit too citrusy on my skin, and the sharp opening notes kind of cheap smelling. But then I received a small sample of it a few weeks ago and on the second try fell completely in love! I still find it a little sharp the first few minutes after I put it on, but after that, ohhh...so lovely. It's a soft, creamy, melts-with-the-skin scent on me. The peony note is the most apparent one to my nose.

Unfortunately, like many others have said, the lasting power is not very good on this one. Otherwise it would be close to perfect.

NataleeM
NataleeM

Just too citrusy on my skin, almost bitter. Perhaps falling in love with Lubin's Gin Fizz just before trying this spoilt me.

sky74

I think this is the best of CK.

rooa
rooa

Fresh, young, elegant, a spring-summer perfume. Good for everyday wear, office and free time as well.
It's not unforgettable but if you like new fragrances, you may give it a try.

ver jaina
ver jaina

at 1st try during hot afternoon..the smell is almost non existent. too soft. 2nd test in an air cond. room...reminds me of some Victoria's Secret (Gorgeous etc) and the drydown is similar with Oriflame Sparkle in Paris. it's non outstanding.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

I'm not a huge fan of CK but i did enjoy few scents of this designer... Especially One and the discontinued Obsession Sheer ... Too bad recent CK fragrance releases are so unforgivably bland.

This one smells like 3 star hotel 'no name' toiletries, clean, vaguely flowery, somewhat pleasant and absolutely indifferent. I do like clean, shampoo-like scents but this has no projection and no one (including myself) could smell it unless rubbing their nose directly to the 'affected area' .
If it was 15x stronger, i would give it a go... Or maybe not.

culinista
culinista

I never appreciated this fragrance until today. My bottle sat on my desk untouched for months because I didn't like it much. The smell was flat. It was a blind buy. I kept it for a lazy non-event day such as today so it won't go to waste; and got surprised by how pleasant it smelled. The sweet medley of fruits and flowers; mild but there. I gave it a shake before I sprayed.

xabaras
xabaras

A fresh fragrance. I detect a nice mix of flowers, some sweetness hiding behind that freshness(maybe vanilla?) and, sadly, the sharpness of something sour and sinthetic in the background which I just can't stand, as it spoils the whole experience for me. Shame: for ten minutes I thought I might like it.

beccamm
beccamm

Smells suprisingly masculine or unisex to me as its such a feminine bottle, colour, name etc

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

This one is far too aquatic for me. I smell cucumber and watermelon in the topnotes, and the heart is mainly peach with a hint of white flowers. All very watery and light. Sheer and fresh, sure, but equally unoriginal and forgettable.

Valleyofthedolls
Valleyofthedolls

I'm in love. The scent is so delicate and alluring. Sweet but not overpowering. Fresh but not citrusy. I would make it my signature scent but its lasting power is terrible. Gone within an hour or so.

tinastar
tinastar

I love this perfume. It is elegant and graceful - there is a touch of masculinity to it, almost like a refined and feminine CK One. Just the right amount of sweetness (not too much). It doesn't last hours on end, but I bought a rollerball and cannot stop applying it through the day. Makes me feel like Grace Kelly in the summertime. Gorgeous.

The original Beauty was a nice scent, real interesting, Sheer doesn't come close, it is diluted, a pink scent , it isn't anything special. I don't really like it, I gave it to my mom who likes it. If you like delicate sheer florals this is an option, or for a young girl ' s first perfume, for me I just can't smell it , it isn't making a statement at all. Unfortunately boring.

Catty
Catty

This is an uplifting floral scent. It's commercial but it's very Good!

Perfect scent to Begin your Day. It's like wake up on the Morning and open the Window to a fresh perfumed garden.

Perfect Office scent too. I always Receive many Compliments, and in the end of the Day, this scent is still there, but with a very pleasant light smell.

A very Good Surprise. If you search a fresh-luminous floral, a very simple and Good One for your everyday Life. This is CK Sheer Beauty.

Good Luck!

drikaquinze
drikaquinze

I'm not a CK fan, but I liked this one.
Moderate sillage and, in my skin, it lasted quite a bit.
I live in a tropical country, so, for me, it's not a summer sent.
It was a pleasant surprise for me.

Mia D.
Mia D.

Very light scent ,i like it but can't smell it after 1-2 hours.

Lore_parfum
Lore_parfum

I already used this perfume a few times, and I like it, but after like... 2 hours I didn't smell it anymore.

This scent is perfect for girls and women. Very good!

nikki adam
nikki adam

i've got this for my second anniversary. my husband think this fragrance is very seductive and perfect for our sexy time. in my opinion, husband like it then spray it on. however this fragrance remind me of charlie white from revlon but this one is more on the softer side. if you want a cheaper version you should get charlie but if you want a better longevity you should get this one.

Repogirl
Repogirl

Does anyone know of any stores that carry this? I am finding it hard to locate in shops to sample it. I like the original Beauty and I am very eager to try this.

agakielich
agakielich

A light and beautiful fragrance! I've tried it only few time wit a little sample I had and each time I couldn't smell it after only few hours. I was wondering if its because it suits me so well or it's simply weak...?

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

very commercial, nothing special

Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein may be severely lacking in originality but that doesn't make it any less pretty. This simplistic and fresh floral blend is perfect for Summer and compliments almost every skin type.

Although I prefer the original Beauty, this sheer flanker has many likable qualities. For starters, it's inoffensive, so women that aren't fans of anything too 'perfumey' are sure to love this. Another positive aspect is its fresh and clean approach. To my nose it smells like an expensive floral shampoo.

Sheer Beauty is not a fragrance that will blow you over backwards, but it is very pleasant and wearable. Both my friend and I enjoyed this fragrance when we smelt it together a few days ago, so it has both of our ticks of approval.

The bottle for Sheer Beauty is really quite girly and fun. I would proudly display this bottle on my dresser.

The main notes according to my nose are as follows; fresh jasmine, green, zesty bergamot, musk, sandalwood and a subtle hint of red berries. I unfortunately couldn't detect the peach bellini accord on my skin.

If I had a bottle of Sheer Beauty, I honestly don't think I'd wear it very often. I'd save the bottle for Summer, but would probably forget about it when the weather is most appropriate. I would recommend that you buy it only if you truly love it and know that you'll wear it often.

Turcker
Turcker

Blind buy that I regret. I thought I'd like it because the votes on here say it smells like Rumeur Rose 2. There is a vague similarity but this one has a bitterness to it. Something like sour berries. Completely disappears at record speed.

argi
argi

when i wear it i always get compliments for my perfume...i've been told i smell like summer...

bashe
bashe

when I smell this I always think of fresh morning breeze and a woman wearing nothing but men´s white shirt with way too long sleeves - looking absolutelly fabulous and feminine..

BritXOX
BritXOX

Very fresh, soft fragrance yet very feminine. Never thought I'd feel so attached to this. Love it now. This is the kind of fragrance that you give the personality to it and make it special to yourself.

Bethesda
Bethesda

A lovely light, fresh skin scent that's great for casual and professional wear and particularly good in hot weather. The notes I notice the most are bergamot (top note), peony, lily and musk (middle notes) and more musk, vanilla and sandalwood (base notes). It's a very dry and clean perfume, not sweet at all, and the base notes give it a bit of sensuality. Lasts for about 3 hours on me before it starts to fade but it has a habit of appearing to fade and then reappearing with subtle wafts of musk and vanilla. I usually respray after 3-4 hours which isn't too bad for an eau de toilette and it's fairly inexpensive for a high end perfume so I don't mind reapplying.

beatrix75
beatrix75

woww!soo unique so beauthiful,so delicate i want

Cams
Cams

Disappointing and flat. Gave it away.

lizzie81
lizzie81

This is a lot like Mariah Carey's Lucious Pink, however with a slightly fresher, more masculine feel to it . On me there is a slight 'peppery' spicy kick to it also. In my opinion this is truly unisex and could easily be worn by a man. As the name suggests this is not at all heavy or overpowering. All in all, this is pleasant and fresh but nothing special.

m4
m4

I like it because it´s so light and fruity on me. Suitable for women but for girls too. Just one problem is longevity. Nothing. Maybe 5 minutes. I know that some frags from CK have poor longevity..
If it had longer staying power I would buy it.
Give it a try. Maybe it could stay longer on you.
:-)

Princess
Princess

This smells fresh, like a toned down version av Mariah Carey's luscious pink, just fresher. But its not like the first beauty:(

Chris.jawel
Chris.jawel

I'm currently looking for a light scent for summer. I asked for suggestions and the beauty counselor at the store made me try this. On the paper, it wasn't so bad so tried it on my wrist. After a while, I tried smelling it but couldn't quite detect the smell so asked her to spray once more. Five minutes later, as I smelled it, it just intoxiated me! Very harsh chemical like! As I looked for the notes, later on, it surprised me 'cos it's apparently fruity which are often sweet. This was far from it!

outofocus
outofocus

It's so generic, lacking of personality, easy to forget, comming from a big fashion powerhouse that I am now quite more respectful to shampoo, air fresheners, machine washers soap's fragances.
And soon will be reviewing them in a blog like this one.

AnnikaMK
AnnikaMK

Light, fresh, well blended skin scent, perfect for spring and summer. Yes it's a bit boring but it's also very pretty, as is the bottle and the colour. Less sweet and fruity then you would expect from the notes. This reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh without the raspberry/pear/litchi notes (and the juvenile bottle top). My new summer scent!

EDIT: Also reminds me of YSL Young Sexy Lovely.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Tried the other day on wrist .thought it was lovely ,soft floral with a refreshing fruitiness .Took a second spray and went on my way ...the dry down become very sharp synthetic and annoying !Shame because it had promise at the start .

Pretty but weak, quickly gone. A lot like Beauty of CK. Not a favourite.

Trevlig men svag doft, bleknar bort fort. Liknar Beauty CK ganska mycket. Ingen av mina favoriter.

Jan246
Jan246

Like Chance Eau fraiche this is very generic. Pretty, but nothing new or unusual, just no distinctive personality.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I guess CK were aiming at a Chance Eau Fraiche type fragrance that would please everyone - any age, any fashion, any weather...anyone else find this one a little Zzzzzzzz?

Instead of being universally appealing (like ChanceEF) I find SB a bit middle-of-the-road, banal, bland....dare I say it, down-right-dull.

This does not mean that Sheer Beauty is unpleasant in any way - it really isn't. SB is nice & safe & as pleasant as a clean & fruity shampoo, a £1 body spray, a spring-flowers room deoderiser....but who is going to part with good money for that? Not me.

To break it down: I can easily detect that generic CK lemon-butter-biscuit base (found in CKin2U et all) with a thin, watery-red-berry note & an all too familiar sharp-floral with a touch of jasmine. A high-pitched, cleaned-to-a-bleach-white synthy musk whines like tinnitus from first spritz to dry-down. There is a strong alcohol finish to this scent - not far off a cologne - with a sour, wilted stems edge. Add a shot of some aspartame-filled bitter citrus drink & you just about have it.

Lasts a few hours with a tame projection & not much development - lasts gasps are of a sour, washing-powder musk.

So who will buy it? Those who need a clean, unobtrusive scent for work....perhaps. Chanel-worshipers .......possibly. People who are a little confused by scent & enjoy the safety of the body-spray.......Zzzzzzzz. Sorry, I just lost interest.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Tried this the other day. At first I really liked it...but five minutes into it...not so much. I find the fruit overpowers the flowers, which is not my preference. I think I like the original better.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I do like Sheer Beauty better than the original, although I definitely don't like it enough to buy a bottle. It's basically a simple, light jasmine scent brightened a bit by tart fruit and anchored by warm musk and sandalwood. Surprisingly, it isn’t sweet. I was expecting, from the bellini and red berry notes listed, that this would be on the sugary side. But the bergamot and peach bellini actually add some nice tartness. The jasmine is still the most prominent note, as it was in the original Beauty. Many CK scents have a slightly masculine, cologne-like feel for me, and this is no exception. While I have to agree with the majority here that this fragrance isn't anything exciting, I do think it's better than the original Beauty (which I found to be extremely bland and screechy). Sheer Beauty has a citrusy bite and slightly masculine drydown that make it a hint more appealing.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I have been waiting to test Sheer Beauty for a long time now and I was excited to see it today in a store.
The scent was exactly what I was expecting: soft, nice fruity floral. And as I tought from the notes already: VERY similar to Mariah Carey`s Luscious Pink. They share the notes bellini, bergamot, pioni, musk and sandalwood. The different is that LP has Tiare flower and Lily of the valley. And SB has Jasmine, Lily and Red berries. I don`t really smell the berries, so I don`t think I would separate these two easily...
That beeing said, I really like this! It`s not a masterpiece or original, but very lovely and easy to wear. I might even get a bottle...

myplacebo
myplacebo

Surprised by this one, much better than the original Beauty which did nothing for me.

On me, the pink lily emerged ahead of the subtle florals, and with only the faintest hint of berry. A bit like a cross between Eclat d'Arpege and Sensi. This one, is worthy of consideration. Lasted 4 hours.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

It's a nice, clean scent. Nice as in not annoying, not stinking. But it isn't beautiful or good either.
I can't really make out any notes.
Sheer Beauty smells exactly the same as so many thousands of other perfumes.
Strong alcohol scent, fresh, clean, with a synthetic interpretation of flowers.
It's not offensive, not a big "in your face" scent. It's just the smell of a deodorant.
Not horrible, not extremely good. Just simply not worth your money.

Minnija
Minnija

I was SOOOO inspired to test this one, because it is told that it is very like Chanel eau Fraiche, as this is one of my favourite perfumes, I tested today Beauty Sheer....WHERE IS THE SIMILARITY????????? Beauty has nothing to do with Chanel eau fraiche,can't see nothing in common, except that Both of them are fresh fragrances and that's it.
Will not buy, nothing special...fresh, light , neutral scent.

AgnieseLegrand
AgnieseLegrand

Very nice;fresh and young smell but I am disapointed.Ck sheer is the same as my favorite Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche.Has alsow a tint of Sensi White Notes by Giorgio Armani.Two of my favorites in One Ck Sheer.I dont understand why souch a great company like Ck makes reamakes of others best selling perfumes.Shame on you dear Calvin Klein.After Euphoria all Ck fragrances are disapointments.

bella90
bella90

very light and floral. nice but vaporizes so easily.

Francop
Francop

Boring as Hell...

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

No more interesting than the utterly mediocre Beauty. It's fleeting, sharp with no natural softness and, yet again has that generic synthetic 'freshness' which seems to take the starring role in all hastily cobbled together modern scents. The colour is pretty but that's it. I cannot actually pick out any notes at all. Buy a nice shampoo and deodorant to obtain a similar effect more cheaply.

antonpan
antonpan

Calvin Klein Company dreamed of a fresh fruity frolal fragrance, and with Sheer Beauty they got it! Unfortunately, the scent is almost a full copy of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, maybe less sparkling and citrusy.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Next Calvin Klein Fragrance: Nothing But Ethanol Pour Femme

Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein 3.66 out of 5 based on 381 ratings and 70 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.