Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Truth Calvin Klein for women
dislike

I have it: 677 I had it: 595 I want it: 330 My signature: 26

Truth Calvin Klein for women Videos
Truth Calvin Klein for women Pictures Truth Calvin Klein for women Pictures Truth Calvin Klein for women Pictures Truth Calvin Klein for women Pictures

Truth is an elegant perfume built on the contrast between the notes of cool, fresh grass and the warmth of woman’s skin. Simple and natural, clean and fresh, just like a brook among the fresh green summer grass. Main notes are bamboo, wet woods, white peony, vanilla, white amber and sandalwood. It was launched in 2000. Here you can read our article’ Calvin Klein in step with time’. Truth was created by Alberto Morillas, Jacques Cavallier and Thierry Wasser.

Vetiver Patchouli Bamboo Bergamot Lemon Clover

Sandalwood Peony Lily Mimosa Blackberry Silkwood Blossom

Musk Amber Vanilla

Truth Fragrance Reviews

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

This is not at all what I expected. When I first sprayed it, it had a very peppery smell, similar to love by coach. I had to eventually get rid of that scent because I could not stand the pepper. I was afraid I'd have to do the same with this one, but my first impression was wrong.

The pepper smell went away within the first ten minutes, and a warm spicy Cinnamon smell developed. I'm a big fan of warm spicy smells because cinnamon smells great on me. Along with the cinnamon, the bamboo starts to develop, making for quite an interesting mixture. Some floral also appear to balance out the warm and crispy. This will be a marvelous smell for the spring and summer, but for these winter months, it'll have to chill out in the back. Lovely scent. Welcome to the perfume family.

truffles
truffles

Was pleasantly surprised on first sniff of this - all wet green freshness. After about ten minutes I was dismayed to smell cinnamon or something like it. Checked and it's actually the lily. Very strong and makes this frag unwearable for me.

I have a dilemma. I like top notes and base notes very much, but middle notes... well, they are sultry and hardly bearable. Too much mimose possibly. Intense flowers often make a scent 'loud'.
All in all, I like this scent, but I couldn't wear it, maybe except for very rainy weather/lots of fresh air.

munchay
munchay

I was serching for this perfume for a long time.I still can remember 14 years ago when this was launched I received an vial with a magazine.All I could smell was bamboo.It was so good.Very unique I am not a fan of CK perfumes for women but this is the only one I have liked so far.I still can remember the unique smell.It has to be good for me to remember it after so may years.

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

i love CK but unfortunately not this one. it is awful and super sharp and sour on my skin. yikes!

CozyCat
CozyCat

I'm quite sure that oakmoss (edit: and also guaiac wood and acacia) are also in this fragrance...I remember looking up this scent on Basenotes about 11 or 12 years ago as a teen girl (I was that obsessed with it), and I actually memorized the notes (don't know how accurate the notes-list was in Basenotes though at the time, but mimose was definitely not in the list, I can't wear scents with mimosa). It used to smell deeper and more lush, more green and warm. Lately it smells more like lemon water...maybe it's reformulated or whatever old stock they had is turned, or most likely they are fakes...bottomline, the bottles being sold in some shops nowadays just don't smell the way it used to a decade plus ago (or maybe I've just been unlucky and there are still some good bottles around that I have yet to come across, who knows).

It's funny, but when I first tried Dior Addict a few years ago, something in Addict immediately reminded me of Truth...maybe it's the silkwood blossom and blackberry, and the sandalwood. To me, Truth is Addict stripped out of her dark and heavy sweet velvet garb, warm, radiant and quivering, scrubbed down with moss and dew, showering under a waterfall in a humid rainforest...or rather, Addict is Truth dressed up to the nines with vanilla, velvet, flowers, spices and taken out of the forest into the nightlife of a wild city. A friend of mine who had Addict as her signature immediately fell in love with Truth, and it surprised her because she was usually not a fan of clean/green/citrusy scents. Now I realize why. There is a sensual, succulent vibe in this fragrance that sets it apart from the other scents in its category, it's such a unique scent, the bamboo note comes off so beautifully, the most sensual bamboo accord I've ever come across in any fragrance with the note.

I miss this stuff, it was my first real fragrance, and was my signature scent in my teens up to my early 20's when it got discontinued. I had always gotten compliments on it (especially when I would layer a little of the sensual bedtime fragrance with it..OOMPH!) and I loved the fact that I smelled different from the other girls, most of whom were wearing fruity Escadas and Ralph at the time.

Winterspring
Winterspring

Crisp and clean. It doesn't last long on my skin.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Love at first squirt!! Not harsh or too loud at all! I get pure green and lemon; very similar to Jean Nate', which I also love. Very happy with this blind buy! The bottle is so sleek! I just wish the scent had better longevity : (

bridgette
bridgette

Starts out harsh, like lemon pledge, then quickly softens (thank goodness) to a light, barely there, lemony, interesting scent. Subtle, light, citrusy.

ShroomRavioli
ShroomRavioli

It's my personal favourite by CK. It smells like lily of the valley to me, even though it's not listed. It brings back so many memories. It's beautiful, crisp, fresh, comforting and very light.

jujy54
jujy54

Amazingly, @alchemist1976stephanie, I am trying this for the first time on an early Sunday morning and utterly agree! The birds woke me at 5 am so I stepped out the back door to get the Sunday NY Times, came in and decided to have a Sampling Sunday, grabbing a decant of CK Truth. It has the pale pallette of dawn, with the mimosa and citrus standing out, and the sandalwood crisp and light. Now I am reminded of the first image in Wallace Stevens's poem, Sunday Morning, to wit:

Complacencies of the peignoir, and late
Coffee and oranges in a sunny chair. . .

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Ah, at last I have reclaimed my love! Every bit as fresh, clean and wonderful as I remember it all those years ago. The scent memory always remained and now even the reformulation, it still has the same effect on me....
The vision.... A lazy Sunday morning with light filtering through my living room through linen white sheers. Me in a creamy soft, thinly threaded sweater and cotton boy shorts lounging in the glow of warm sunlight with the scent of fresh laundry and crisp late spring air surrounding me.
This is such a comforting scent to me without being heavy or warm. It will forever remain in my heart.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I bought a handful of samples on ebay that had already started to darken in color a bit. Maybe that accounts for the sharpness of the opening...or maybe this fragrance just always opens with a blast, I'm not sure.
I really like where this goes a few minutes after application. It's definitely a very transparent scent, which is what I was hoping for. The notes I detect most immediately are the clover leaf, lemon, and vetiver, the latter giving it a certain masculine bite. As it evolves the floral tones are introduced gently. I get a delicate hint of lily and peony, and unfortunately a touch of mimose. (I don't do well with that note, but it's not overwhelming here.) I also feel a fruity tartness for a little while but it passes.
The one issue I have with this fragrance is in the base. It reads "oily" to me. Maybe it's just my skin that brings out this unfortunate effect, but it makes me question whether this is something I can/should actually wear. However, I do enjoy it enough to start hunting for a bottle for swap. I wouldn't pay for it, though.

mamufa
mamufa

Unfortunatelly it doesn't work with my chemistry. There was no bamboo, no lemon. No green notes at all. What I got on my skin was salt. I smelled simply salty. I gave it away.

artemiss
artemiss

I stalked the stores for a bottle of this when it first came out. It was the only 'green' scent I've ever been able to wear. The clover and the bamboo turned into a fresh grassy 'skin' scent on me.
I still have that first production bottle, and alas, it has turned into pure acetone and alcohol over the years.
I'd buy it again, though, at the right price point.

musi1701
musi1701

Diese Parfüm gehört zu denen, die besonders sind und nicht wie 1000 andere! Etwas Besonderes, anderes. kitzelt in der Nase. Gute Langlebigkeit, nicht zu süss, nicht zu herb oder grün, nicht zu frisch. Eben was ganz anderes , kann schlecht beschreiben, aber ich liebe dem!

andacwandet
andacwandet

i want it because it has silk tree fragrance.it's my lovely favorite scent.

lirael00
lirael00

First I thought this was just one of those plain jane perfumes, with nothing more to it. When I first sprayed it ony my wrist, my fears were confirmed. It smelled like watery citrus thing-not good at all. But after half an hour, what a total transformation. I don't think I've ever tried the perfume which transformed so rapidly. It was like I put on myself a completely different fragrance. Suddenly, I could smell something so femminine and sophisticated that I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. I was even thinking that maybe I've used the wrong perfume or what. Anyway, this one is really lovely. It's simplistic, but it definetly has that something extra that makes it special. Wonderful.

sinnia
sinnia

I bought this one cause the good reviews, so i really wish it to be good.
Well, First smell from the cap was disappointed. i feel some strong woody and sharp citrus, no sweet or florals i long for.
But i gave it a try anyway, you know that we must do.
What happen was, this perfume is really the warmth of lady's skin and. a hint of green grass after rain. very comfy and happy feeling to have this smell around you all day.
No one notice it on me, but i know i'm with it, my favorite cool rain in summer. :) now, i'm happy i got that huge 100cc.bottle!

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

This is one of the few perfumes I ever get complimented on (SJP Lovely is another!). This perfume is very simplistic - At first spray, all I get is alcohol but, wait a while and the magic starts to happen. It really does smell of rain and freshly cut grass!
I bought my bottle fairly cheap on ebay, but after all the compliments - I am rationing it! I don't want to run out!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Reminds me more of a unisex EdP. A sweet/sour blast hits upon initial application. It's like walking into the forest after the winter thaw and upturning logs, discovering soggy leaves that are underneath and moldy with dirt. It's musty. I know this works for many, but just not for me.
Is it green as others have said? Most definitely. But Calvin Klein Truth reminds me of dark moss growing on old buildings in damp dark places that haven't been inhabited in years. Stone buildings that are cold, damp and centuries old, overgrown with lichen. And not in a gothic, romantic way. More like in an asylum that has been an abandoned movie set.
The bottle is tall and thin, very unwieldy and easy to knock over, although simplistic in its design. Drys down to a woodsy dirty patchouli that wears for hours.

Pasaka
Pasaka

Very comfortable scent. Doesn't matter where you are at work, doing shopping or just wearing it at home it always keep you warm and calm. It's feminine and intimate smell. It's like whispers ' hey, don't worry. I'll always be with you'.

daniela.sprella@gmail.com
daniela.sprella@gmail.com

Beautiful fragrance, just received it today and it's amazing. It smells just like Beauty from Calvin klein, but there's a little more sweetness in it. I Recomend it.

Elisa S
Elisa S

Ever since this fragrance came out when I was a teenager, I have wanted to love it. The accords, descriptions (and even the posters, bottle and its name) suggested that this ought to be MY perfume. But sadly it just doesn't work out for me. I have tested it regulary over the years, and what I get is a dominating harsh/sour smell and a quite strong headache...
I would suggest not to blind buy this one, as it seems to react very differently on different people.

degauss
degauss

Truth is rather unique, and more than in one way. I've had it before but always come back to again. This time, after unpacking a new bottle and applying the perfume, I've had a very vivid and clear vision of what it smells like to me - and on me: imagine a cinematographic samurai duel; it's late spring, already muggy, early morning, and they're fighting in a field with flowers, lilies there being dominant. The one who's winning carries with him the smell of sandalwood and vanilla, but that comes later. We know he is winning because his katana is already dripping blood. As they fight, the camera slo-mos on a particularly impressive swing; we see the bloody katana cut through the air, the lily flowers forcefully, and miss. And that's the smell. First, the fresh flowers in late spring, the curious hint of something almost salty, and then a final gust of sandalwood with a touch of vanilla as the day draws to an end - it was a long fight after all.
It's not precisely a fresh scent, and not particularly sweet either but it has the hint of both. Then it matures, like something left in the sun for a while. Quite the treat.

kakaka2
kakaka2

Truth is straight to the point! Being advertised as a green woody floral, a green woody floral it is. Starts very sparkly, very intensively green, may even be mistaken for harsh. This beginning is of limitless bamboo followed by zesty citrus. Nothing sweet, nothing warm. Imagine a glass of clear cold water with no added anything. I find it very refreshing, although it has the tendency to turn more soapy than just clean. I will most definitely give it a chance in these hot summer days!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is a life saver in a hot summer! Subtle but very effective. So fresh and green like someone just cut some fresh young bamboo right in front of you. Then some subtle sweetness - no actual 'flower' scent but certainly floral in a very modern sophisticated way and finally some lovely creamy sandalwood. This is uplifting and refreshing at anytime but perfect for hot summer days and nights.

NicoleO
NicoleO

Soft, cool and woody. Slightest hint of citrus, floral and vanilla. I couldn't imagine anyone not liking this. Truth would be suitable for any occasion, and I think it would do well in the heat too. I love woodsy fragrances, I'm so glad I found this.

I don't usually go for fresh/green fragrances, but I'm making an exception here. This fragrance is so comforting I might even start wearing it to bed. Good sillage, and lasted on me about 5 hours.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I love this fragrance - it's very zen to me. I find it faintly floral, and very fresh and green, but in a calming, soothing way, and very natural. I feel like I'm bathing in a lake in the middle of a forest. I love to wear it to go to sleep at night.

Takhaet
Takhaet

It is a beautiful fragrance. Smells divine on my skin ...

It is woody but like wet forrest kind of way in the opening with bamboo freshness to it. Very green , wet even mossy i would say but nice and intriguing ......

Then it opens even more.....it is still 'mossy' but begins to be sweet and flowery....At this moment I can smell lilly, peony , sandalwood and still a hint of bamboo freshness.....and clover I think.

After few hours I can smell most of the notes but now they are accompanied by patchouli and lemon ....maybe a tiny bit of berries as well??? and vanilla- definitely vanilla.....

In my opinion it is a beautiful fragrance with lots of different notes and undertones. I think it can be refreshing in the mornings and seductive in the evenings....but like i mentioned in my other reviews it all depends on our skin chemistry.

My skin is a funny one -----most of the times the fragrances that other women say are fantastic and have got amazing staying power up to all day ...on my skin they "sound" flat and they disappear after couple of hours...and those fragrances that some women say are not very interesting , chemical and staying power is poor ...works completely different on me ----they normally devolop throughout the day beautifully and staying power is amazing :) ------not always- but quite often.

My partner recons it is very sexy , warm and fresh at the same time but quite strong and spicy....I get lots of compliments and people are asking me what im wearing.
I find it a bit strong in the summer so I wear it normally in the early spring/autumn/winter

xabaras
xabaras

I read that the concept behind this fragrance is that the notes which compose it are so natural that they will blend with your skin magnificently and develop together the true, real smell of your personality. Well, I must have no personality then, because everytime I put it on it starts with a very synthetic whiff of alcoolic strength, and after it develops, it still seems fake, metallic and annoying. The WD40 my partner uses for his engines has got more personality than Truth, which in the drydown becomes totally forgettable, apart from the mild acrid pong.
I got rid of my bottle on ebay...

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

The first spray of this is a little harsh for me, but shortly after comes the bamboo and clover, fresh and green, a workday scent, I like this now the weather has turned a little warmer, but there is a metallic element in amongst all that coolness, I cannot imagine wanting to wear this in the winter, There is a softer feel in the dry down and it is only then that I can detect faint sandalwood. No longevity on my skin unless I reapply. I like it but not as much as a I like some of the other green scents.

maeculpa
maeculpa

Will this bottle never end? I guess I just can't handle the truth in such alarming quantities.

I liked the fresh cut grass'n all that. Not really my thing normally but trying to branch out a bit, but the bottle seems enormous and I am so over this stuff. Also, while he nailed the grass thing I was hankering for there is that synthetic undertone that sort of ruins it.

I'm such a hoarder and I hate chucking things away. I began seriously buying perfumes a long time ago and at the time I always thought there was more value in the BIG bottle but to be honest, there isn't. I think always buy the smallest size and IF you use that up and still like the stuff splurge for a bigger one.

Note to self: stop worrying and toss it. And apologies to anybody who read this. It is a fine fragrance. I am just bored of it.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

Perhaps the bottle was off, but when I tried it, it smelled like floor cleaner. Chemical, with a touch of sour. I was not impressed. Reading through the reviews, it seems that this scent does turn quickly, so perhaps that is what it was? It wasn't nice, anyway. Perhaps a brand new bottle would be better?

pisces3774
pisces3774

Truth is the best Calvin Klein fragrance by far. While it's green and fresh with the bamboo, it's also deep and warm. It's what I would consider a skin scent, if applied lightly. It has a complexity to it that is rare, between it's warm/fresh and deep/green facets. One of the only perfumes I have purchased over and over. I think it's been discontinued, but it's still around online for now. Get it while you can!

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

crisp and sharp are the right words for this one! you either love it or hate it..I love it!

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

This is my favourite fragrance EVER and If one day they discontinue it I'll suffer really deeply, seriously. That's one of my biggest fears in life.

hesione
hesione

can't decide if I like it or not, CK's fragrance always smell shampoo-ish/soap water-ish to me. Truth has a sort of sweet wine opening, the dry down reminds me my mom's old perfume from paris, super nostalgic.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

This perfume doesn't smell as it was in 2000. Probably shops sell out stock which already is old. On me it stinks like medicine & not pleasant at all.

Mordamaire
Mordamaire

I got a bottle as a gift and fell in love with it. I bought a second bottle as it became my favorite scent. It smelled blooming apple trees on me, was very warm, subtle and classy and lasted all day. I got third bottle and it was a disaster, it smelled some beta-version of cold bamboo and lasted 10 minutes. I compared the 3 bottles. First two were by Calvin Klein Cosmetics. Third one - by Coty Prestige.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I just bought some of this today as a blind buy.
I'm really enjoying this scent. It seems very clean and crisp yet elegant also.
I detect the clover that has been spoken of in the reviews and i think it blends surprisingly well with the Peony.
I would have never thought that blending the two would work but it does.
Its not a loud scent to my nose so i think it could easily be worn to work.
I rather like the straight lined bottle too.I find it's sophisticated and classy looking and smelling with remaining clean and airy.
I think Truth is one of CKs better scents.
No complaints here :)

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Just received a big bottle of this energizing beauty! Happy as a swingset.

It's delightful fresh mown green grass and clover. It reminds me of springtime in a verdant deciduous forest with a hedge of hay-scented fern that leaves this scent behind as you brush by. Sunlit green in feel. I'll break this out in March (northern hemisphere) to lift the doldrums. :)

Bajar
Bajar

Back in 2000, I was flipping the pages of a magazine when I saw the Truth ad. The page was folded at the edge and when I opened it I could smell the perfumed strip that was inside. I thought that it was just a nice smell but in fact I was already in love with it because every time I was trying to read any article in the magazine I was going back to the ad and was sticking my nose on the strip. Two days later I bought the perfume. I tried some and I felt like I was lying on a field with fresh cut clove just before the sunrise. I really love green perfumes but this is like nothing else. It has a fresh, clean scent and at the same time it's flowery, airy and somewhat metallic. It lasts hours on my skin and I always get many compliments. I wish I could use it more often but Ι can't find it in my country anymore. What a shame!

Xyria
Xyria

This is my moms signature scent, it is elegant and actually pretty nice. I do consider it is better worn by mature women, i would never wear it myself even if i like how it smells.

Sassy1

Update: you need to use this one up quickly....as it ages, it acquires a very strong top smell of varnish or glue.

i like this. it projects well and is long lasting. i definitely smell lily and peony. then it turns a lovely crisp, green and floral musk. i only get a tiny bit of citrus. on me, this is a heavier type perfume and i know i'm going to love it in winter. i'm glad to have it.

frusia
frusia

I expected something fresher and greener, but Truth opened on my skin with strong peony & lily, and woody acords, very sensual. After a couple of hours it became quieter and softer, earthy; still flowery, but with some very subtle citrusy background. Citrus notes in perfumes are often too sharp for me, but this is not the case in Truth; it's such a lovely blend. Although not what I expected, I'm already in love with this fragrance, it's very feminine and natural.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! To all the fantastic people who advised me on a forum thread to get this when I was searching for "freshly mowed grass after the rain" kind of scent. This is amazing! I don't actually see grass as a note but that's what's flying out of the bottle!! Tons of freshly cut grass or leaves ( I'm guessing that's the bamboo but in all honesty I've seen and eaten bamboo-shoots but it doesn't smell like this. It doesn't have a smell at all) highlighted by the liveliness of citrus! This is so refreshing and completely livens me up! Sillage is medium I would say and I can't comment on longevity having just only gotten this on myself. I really hope it stays then it will be a perfect ten! If anyone wanted the smell of leaves, fresh leaves or grass that is, this is definitely the scent to get. I take my hat off to Calvin Klein just this once!
Just needed to update, longevity isn't that great, I got about 5-6 hours on this (sorry, I am rather demanding when it comes to my scents lasting), but overall this is exactly as I described above and I'm happy with my purchase!

smug1
smug1

Bought this because of all the wonderful reviews, and really was hoping to love it; but it just doesn't work on me. I kept waiting for some really pleasant dry down, but here I am 12 hours later and it is still overwhelming to me. It actually gave me a headache. Super bummed out, but I will find a grateful recipient to pass this on to, with the hopes that they can enjoy it instead.

hollycat
hollycat

Truth didnt quite live up to my expectations. I had great expectations given that so many people on the boards love this fragrance. I think its nice, but on my skin what I get is mostly a lightly sweet, bamboo, watery, patchouli mix. Kind of a wet fragrance, like being outside after a rain. The citrus sort of hides in the background, giveing this scent some brighness as if the sun was peeking out after the rain.

Its nice but it doesnt capture me. When I shove my nose to my wrist I get a feeling of a mix of Eternity and Euphoria. I guess because Euphoria gets a bit masculine and metallic on my skin from the patchouli, and Eternity has a certain note that I pick up here with Truth. Very Calvin Klein.

svansant74
svansant74

I love everything about this perfume. It opens bright and slightly sharp, and then reveals a spicy sweetness that I just can't get enough of. This perfume is in my top five of all time, and I hope CK never ever stops making it.

chiccouture
chiccouture

Very clean, fresh and slightly woody scent. Perfect for day time wear as it's inoffensive but also just different enough to not be considered generic. The woods and bamboo give the perfume depth and makes it not so one dimensional. This one is also great for humid weather although it's not very citrussy. Overall, a good perfume for everyday wear but with enough depth to stand out from other daytime scents.

honeydays
honeydays

I am pretty sure this smells just like vintage Emeraude. I am testing this right now and I feel like I am a child sitting in church next to my mother. She used to douse herself in Emeraude.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I bought this last winter, unsniffed, because it was really affordable. I like a few of CK's fragrances, so i thought, how wrong could this go. I really tried to like it, because in theory, it was everything i wanted from a fresh, woody fragrance. It was nice, but it just wouldn't agree with me. It felt like it was just sitting there, projecting some kind of artificial woodsy smell. It just didn't feel like me, it felt really perfumey.
As the weather is getting warmer now, decided to give it another try. And wow. It seems to blend into my skin without effort now. The first blast still seems a bit harsh and artificial, but after a wee while, it becomes this fresh, almost creamy, very natural smell. I'm starting to realize just how much the seasons/ temperatures effects perfumes, and the way they behave on the skin. I have a feeling that i will reach for this one a lot in the summer !

rosembloom
rosembloom

I was looking for a sandalwoody fragrance which to me is creamy, classy, uber feminine in an understated and natural way. I was looking for my summer essence, one that evoqued the calm pleasures I adore in summer : joy, serenity, a zen-like contentment, fragrant grass, crisp breezes, reading in the lush garden having tea in the early morning sun... ( ok, rambling again :D...). Basically, I was searching for an ELEGANT, UNOFFENSIVE, CRISP YET MILD SCENT WITH NO SCREECHY PHASE AND A NATURAL AND DELICATE SWEETNESS. Of course I found it in TRUTH. It feels like sitting next to spring falls in the woodsy nook you so love. the bamboo must add much greeness ( I do not know that note well enough to recongnize it though :( ). Yet as the perfume evolves, humid forest lushnessand white-floral becomes almost gourmand to me. The vanilla leaves a lovely trail managing to remain 'fresh, kinda lemony' . The amber in the drydown is faint yet 'creamy' to me and the sandalwood note I had been looking for lasts a long time. Close to the skin yet noticeable. I shall repurchase.: I have the dry oil too: it makes it last forever when overlayed. Good idea for Truth lovers: let's splurge!!!

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

Mmmmm, I`m on the fence with this one - I really, really, wanted to love it, but, theres something about it that does not sit well with me. It reminds me of something, but I can`t quite put my finger on it. Ahh, every now & then I get a warm woody honeysuckle, but then its gone. No, it obviously doesn`t suit my skin! Also I`ve had headache every time I`ve worn this (twice!). Anyone want to swap it for something vanillary???? Message me with any offers ;)

kkw80
kkw80

I was in my teens when this came out. Loved it instantly. So different to all the girlie sweet flowery scents around. Woody and intelligent. Timeless. Too bad I wore it to death back then, so I don't really want to wear it anymore. I do have the bottle, though, and I will get back to it someday.. definitely!

Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven

GORGEOUS!!!
Makes a change to my usual floral and fruity collection

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

This is a gorgeous perfume for everyday. It is very unique in its category. It stands apart from the rest of the fresh, green, aquatic, citrus type of every day fragrances because even though it is that - fresh and green, especially at first, but it is also warm, musky, sensual, and smooth. It has double the class that Euphoria has (if it has any at all with all that candy floss syrop), and, funny thing - $20.00 at Christmas time for a big bottle of EDP at Shopper's Drugmart in Canada vs. $70-$100 for Euphoria. Go figure.

blueberrymuffin
blueberrymuffin

Crisp and clear with light woodsy drydown, lovely. It's good when you want something tranquil and mellow. I would not recommend to try it on a blotter, only on the skin as it is a chameleon type of fragrance: it depends on the chemistry more than many other fragrances and blends in with the smell of your skin, which it actually `pretends` to be. In my opinion it would go very well with white or pastel clothes and silver jewellery.
If it's sprayed in layers during the day it becomes more flowery (mainly clover) though these flowers are very fresh and green like they've just been cut.
Strange it has been discontinued.

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Amaderada, florar y un poco empolvada, ese sería el resumen de Truth para mujer.

Es el perfume que queda perfecto para cualquier persona, para cualquier evento y para cualquier hora. Es un todoterreno.

No lo dudes, cómprala, es casi seguro que te va a gustar.
Queda perfecta en la piel o en la ropa.

El bambú y la bergamota la hacen muy apetecible.

El musk puedo diferenciarlo mínimamente, pero no localizo ni a la vainilla ni el ambar.

Hay que tener en cuenta que actualmente es difícil encontrar en Europa, aunque se puede localizar perfectamente en América. No entiendo esta decisión a la hora de distribuirse.

Anissa
Anissa

This is like "your skin but better". Lovely, clean, pure and sexy. I can smell the bamboo note and the woods, in the base vanilla too.It doesn`t smell like a perfume, it`s just your smell, but better.

Oh, and what a heavenly seduction this is. It`s somehow animalistic and fresh at the same time. This is propably the reason why all my male co-workers lean to me in meetings end afterwork parties. Oh dear, this is heavenly.

doodoowap
doodoowap

It lasted like 10 minutes on my skin :( It's a pity, I really like the smell

urabrisa
urabrisa

Es un perfume elegante, comedido, es decir, ni demasiado fresco ni demasiado dulce.

Compré el bote de 30ml, cuando se gaste no creo que lo vuelva a comprar. Es un perfume totalmente olvidable.

jhinampas
jhinampas

I love this perfume... The dry down is a bit powdery which I love and stays so long on my skin... I feel so fresh and sexy when I wear this.

hitchie
hitchie

I am so endlessly sad that this perfume was taken off the market! Is is my favorite for everyday in warm times of the year. I was flabbergasted while smelling it for the first time: There is nothing like this scent: it is complex, fresh and warm, sophisticated and down-to-earth, floral and oriental, green and woody. Unique!

chanchita
chanchita

I was looking for a new day frag to wear at work (office) and came across this when searching. I sought it out at the airport and the smell did not dissapoint. I can pick up notes of bamboo, clover and lemon followed by white flowers with a slight hint of berries before settling down to something a bit more musky (all the while keeping it's original green tones). It's fresh/musky, green and classy. I am a strong beliver in honesty and therefore really like the name Truth also!

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Very floral and heavy for my tastes...

melissa1234
melissa1234

i love this perfume i got it when it first came out and to this day i still love wearing it..and to the people that say its discontinued??? i just got a new bottle 2 days ago on sale and i ask if its still going to sell in stores and yes it is ,try shoppers thats where i got mine:)

sweet desires
sweet desires

Had it years ago, liked it very much. I still have this feeling in my mind How Calm and relaxed, stress-free the Truth really is(in life truth sometimes frightens..or imagining ´´finding out the truth´´ is as if truth had a great chance to be..a bit ugly?). Wonderful emotional support for me:)

nora elia
nora elia

I recently got this perfume, it is fresh and elegant, but It last on my like 1 hour or less! Maybe it is fake or something coz according with the reviews, It must last longer.

perfumesniffer
perfumesniffer

much better than I would have thought.

starts off fresh and green in a slightly humid way similar to Gucci Envy. Later on the woody base develops and it's an intriguing, light, somewhat chewy/wet wood note. Makes me think of toothpicks chewed to a pulp. Mashed up pulpy wood. I guess this sounds disgusting but the overall effect is comforting and different.

just_sara
just_sara

very very chique, i love it. Have bought it again because it was on a major sale. There i one note in it that gives me a bit of headache. Maybe the lemon?
The parfume is fresh, but not soapy.
It is clean but no super citrucyy.. like light bleu.
The main accords above are an excellent description.
I havent smelled anything like it to date. Maybe because of the bamboo. This is a parfume, for the days you want to feel fresh, clean yet feminine & sexy. Its fresh green scent.
Btw the lasting power is not so good!

Just hate the fact that it is discontinued!!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I love this one! Very zesty and I detect a hint of sherbert too. The bamboo is gorgeous (especially if you can get your hands on the delicious oils that came out with this one a few years ago). Beautiful, clean and refreshing!

oksana.lazda
oksana.lazda

I think, the best fragrance I ever had. Totally " mine" . have received a lot of compliments, when was wearing this parfume.

von dita
von dita

The opening is very green,leafy and unfortunatelly that does not change.Neverthelss,the scent can be refreshing during the hot,summer days.

livewhatyouimagine
livewhatyouimagine

this is the my all-time favorite perfume! I'm always complimented when wearing this one. It's such a shame it is discontinued...Bring it back CK!

jtd
jtd

Let’s start with scent and truth. Bamboo? Wet Woods? Silk tree flower? Seems a bit insincere from the start, I’d say. If you’re going to list ridiculous notes without a trace of botanical truth, why not branch out from botany and list notes like fractiousness, regret, serenity or stasis.

But I love the way Truth smells. It shows a wonderful and converging use of synthetic tones. There’s a green woody sappiness and a tart fruit/musk combination that both extends and redefines the ‘freshness’ that defines the middle of the road of designer fragrance. The result is a beautiful ambiguity without a hint of tension.

A cool green slightly woody fragrance. Smells clean without being soapy. The bamboo is most prevalent. It reminds me of wet dew on the morning grass. No distinctive notes, just a subdued green freshness.

holliedolly2002
holliedolly2002

Very dissapointing - dont mean to be rude or offend anyone here as obvioulsy everyone's opinion is different and valued but I dont think any of you know what a strong long lasting fragrance is! if you class this as one.

I bought this blind after reading the reviews and believing it to be a heavy oriental perfume but it is so insipid and the fragrance is lost within minutes. Complete waste of money and certainly not up to the usual CK standard.

Discontinued for a reason and in my opinion its no loss.

desiliana
desiliana

Green.. crisp.. Fresh.. Perfect for summer heat

I really love the bottle.. very feminine n lux.. But it comes easily to fall down.. hmmm.. maybe i should put a double tape at the bottom

but i'm lil dissapointed.. coz it's really reminds me with benetton sport women which much more cheaper than this..

LittleRed
LittleRed

I agree that this is a green fragrance, but it is more complex than that. It is all of the things that create the "green" impression - stalk, stem, young woods, wildflowers. And there is a pulpy moistness to it, like the shoots and stems are being crushed between your fingers.
It is also the origin of the vegetation - wet earth, warm breezes, and early morning sun. Visualize being on a forest path dappled with light.
Like a tapestry that is more than simply a collection of threads, Truth creates an experience for the wearer rather than just being a conglomeration of notes.
It is not the trendsetting, airy, ozonic fragrance that many asscociate with CK. It is calm, soulful, and introspective.

acidburn
acidburn

CK, shame on you for discontinuing Truth! Bring it back!

KasiaS

I keep coming back to Truth whenever the days get a bit chillier and I must say - this is one of the greatest perfumes out there for me. Those three names - three masters of perfumery - aren't here by mistake. And this is not just any perfume for sure.
The journey it takes you from the citrus through the lush, fresh, grassy and then woody and earthy (it's a vetiver lover's delight!) with a little hint of twilight tones in the base, is like nowing the secrets of nature itself, like a journey we take everyday from dawn to dusk. I imagine it must have been a huge work to do, however simple the effect might seem.
For elves only.
And such an appropriate name.
As to the discontinuation - why not take Mona Lisa from Louvre and put Lady Gaga's picture there? People are more interested.

jedziah
jedziah

A sweet, green and vanilla-y modern scent. It's unusual in the way it combines refreshing with warmth. Bamboo, vanilla and peony are very noticeable, and clover, sandalwood and musk waver underneath. Different and seems to have a bit of a cult following even though it's been discontinued. Still available online at some sites, sometimes hard to find. Can be overpowering if overused, better when used lightly. Bottle should be kept in it's original box and in a cool place- it seems to "turn" quickly and get overly sweet/stale with time. Gorgeous minimalist bottle- looks like uber-modern sculpture. Better suited for spring-summer evenings.

beatrix75
beatrix75

this fragrance its perfect everything a green beuthi must be soft flovers,green chord ,musk a lilte and on me the lilly omg superb!!!!

cheeks
cheeks

This fragrance is just to die for. It contains many of my favorite notes, particularly bamboo, vetiver and lily. It is a refreshing, woodsy-green scent that is also lush, elegant and sensual at the same time. It is not too casual, or 'sporty' like many fresh scents tend to be. It was my signature scent in my late teens and back then I'd refuse to wear anything else, so deep was my love for CK's Truth. It truly does conjure vivid images of being in a dense tropical rainforest where I am a dreamy forest nymph who bathes in dew and clothes herself with leaves. Excellent longevity and sillage for a fresh scent, and I would wear this one for fall too, not just spring or summer. It's a shame CK chose to discontinue this scent, Truth is IMHO one of the best out there, and it truly is unique, I have received plenty of compliments from men and women wearing this scent. I have repurchased a bottle and I'm glad that I still love it though not as much as I used to, but eventhough I now have other scents that I reach for more often, Truth will always have a special place in my heart.

happychub
happychub

why discontinued such a great perfume. good staying power and gorgeous smell.

Psyquart
Psyquart

I cannot believe this perfume was cancelled. I only own a travel-sized bottle of Truth, I realizd how amazing this stuff is just after all the stores stopped selling it. Truth is so unique. It's fresh and green without being too childish or smelling like a toilet freshener, and feminine without smelling like cotton candy. I love everything about this fragrance.

AprilSea
AprilSea

Blind buy, and what a luck!
Few years ago, a person I looked up to was talking nicely about Truth, so I gave it a try. It's a fine, elegant perfume of American descent, a bit powdery but not baby powder, a bit fresh but not lemony, sort of a warm freshness. I don't find the clover or the bamboo in it, but I wouldn't know how to describe it either. Violets? Basil? Definitely wood.
It's wearable, but I wouldn't wear it in the summer, it would be too much. And use it sparingly, it has good staying power.

Nazneenbubobear
Nazneenbubobear

o my, this one is just amazing!! Its clean, warm,a lil spicy and very unique. Its a perfect everyday scent. I recommand it for spring. The lasting power is very good too. The only complain i have is the bottle. The bottle is very unique, simple and beautiful but if you buy the 3.4 oz bottle like me, its not so portable. The bottle is soo long!

greydove
greydove

What a great perfume! It started out clean and green. I swore I could smell cold water in there too. Very refreshing, and slightly bitter. It stayed that way until drying down into an elegant, sweaty musk...Not my thing unfortunately, but if I liked that kind of musk I could see this becoming a signature scent. Kick ass bottle too.

vallin
vallin

this one was good. kind of sweet bu tnot too sweet. very romantic in my opinion. strongest notes are bamboo and clover so if you dont like how these 2 smell this is not for you.

melia
melia

Ohhh in the beginning such a lovely watery sweet green bamboo.. It's like jungle-rain (I've never been into a real jungle before though). It's very soft and clean, stays quite close to the skin. It feels a bit synthetic, but it doesn't bother me because Truth just smells so nice. After an hour it turns even sweeter, quieter and softer and later on it just dissapears... Conclusion: a very nice summerfragrance.

I'm not into green, fresh and clean scents, so this is none for me.

garf73
garf73

smells like fresh trimmed grass. Love it to bits..

adeena
adeena

Very refreshing, indeed smells like a bouquet of fresh flowers. Great for spring or summer. Thank you for your reviews. I bought it just on yours reviews and I don't regret.

Kecicim
Kecicim

Truth is one of the perfumes I have never forgot, it has such a unique smell. You feel so refreshed like you just took shower with rain deep in forest. It is a mysterious smell for me... I love it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a great perfume which deals with the contrast between nature and modernity. On first spray, it feels like a good old fashioned cologne with lively notes of bergamot and vetiver up top (which I smelt as lime) There is definately a lusciousness to it which reminds me of aloe stems - when I looked at the ingredients on the bottle - surprise! It contains real aloe vera esters which would explain this. It's bordering on the unisex to me but it's far far nicer that 'One' which had a cloying note in it which made me feel mildly nauseous. This stuff reminds me of the sacred well at Glastonbury, a peace, a lack of sexuality, a natural exuberance which feels like morning sunshine. I've found my summer hit for 2011!!
sillage is close to the skin, longevity under 2 hours then buzzes along as a faint sandalwood.

whiten
whiten

another one of my perfumes that I can't find anymore, anywhere. it really hurts to love a perfume, only for one bottle, than you can't find it anywhere because it is discontinued.I think, I will make myself like chanel no.5, they can't discontinue that at least!
great for hot weather, very citrusy on my skin. I miss it..

Sassy1

Finally!! A CK frag I like!

What a wonderful summer scent this will make.

It's like laying on a freshly mown lawn next to a blackberry bush bursting with fruit. After awhile, this morphs into an almost saffron smoky incense.

If the lasting power is any good, I'll be purchasing a large bottle of this one right away.

Love it!

Update: Purchased a large bottle and this works great in cooler months as well! EDP only lasts 3-4 hours but it's still lovely.

lisa_k
lisa_k

This is a very green fragrance on me. It isn't overpowering. I can always smell the lily which reminds me of spring. The woody and citrus notes give it a good simple harmony. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this one. I really like the body lotion.

On me this one is spicy, strong sticky spicy note with just a little bit flowers.. not in a good way. On the right person it will be faboulus. sadly not on me. This would be a great every-day-scent for the office, i think.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I procured this from Ebay for a good price because I am wood-fragrance obsessed, and the first time I wore it I had a hard time liking it.

The topnotes are a bit strong, not in projection but in strength. They give the illusion of an aura of golden light. Hard to describe. The heart quickly becomes the bamboo note in the write up, at least I think it does. The drydown is surprising musky, and then and there you have the wood tones.

This is an interesting fragrance because it is sort of an anti-fragrance for today's times. It is not a fruity sugary floral. It also is not very 'oriental' so to speak. I would imagine that, if smelled on another person, you would get the impression that they just naturally smell good. This really is a natural scent.

I wish I got all the 'woods' imagery that everyone else does, but I do agree with the poster below who said that this reminds her of a fresh stream running over rocks in the woods.

I recommend trying this as I do not have anything else that smells like this does, or does what this does. A very polite perfume that you could probably wear anywhere.

Edit:
The more I wear this the more I love it. This is such a nice grown up sweet wood fragrance with fair but not obnoxious sillage. I'm thinking of getting a backup bottle since it is discontinued.

Annica
Annica

This perfume has a calming effect on me. I have always loved the woods. My dream is to live in a house close to the sea with the woods nearby. Truth evokes a feeling of late summer, almost fall, it is early morning, it has rained all night, I close my eyes and breathe in the crisp aromas that are inherent in all the lush vegetation surrounding me. Natural, clean, simple and very easy to like.
Just wonderful.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Well, I keep purchasing Truth because its the perfect frangrance to mix with others. I like the freshness and the sharpness of it, its great to put after a cold showerin summer, but sometimes needs a little bit of someting more. Usually in the summer I mix it with a Coconutt eau de toilette from Yves Rocher (really cheap and good actually), the result is actually perfect for me, fresh ans sweet. And in winter I mix it with white musk oil, the beginning its a little bit loud but the drydown its amazing. Perfect on his own for camping in summer, makes you feel really clean and fresh. The advert its perfect, when I look at it I can smell Truth! 5*

elyelf
elyelf

i adore TRUTH!! It has it's own style naturally, feminine, unique and tempting. i look for a similar one that makes me feel same way

LaGari
LaGari

Truth is an honest fragrance that emits the beautiful smell of Nature. This is most definitely an intense skin scent that's highly sensual, exotic, and comforting - ready to sooth any woman who wears it. Also highly addictive.

Bamboo sits right on top layered upon woods, upon flowers, upon plants and lastly fruits. It smells very pure and fresh, only subtly spicy and sweet.

This type of creation actually reminds me of L'eau d'issey and Au the Blanc, not the scent its self, but the 'kind' of scent.

Overall, its staying power is fantastic, and it projects strongly for a skin scent. It projects intensely enough to please & smells tender enough to not offend.

*I think they re-formulated it now, but not too sure about that.

Chanelette
Chanelette

I love Thruth for being just what it is. It really is true to its own name and concept - this perfume isn't meant to make you feel like a lady or like a sexy diva, nor like a succesful woman. It just helps you be yourself and enjoy the moments when you're just dreaming, meditating or walking through a clover field by yourself. Or when you're gardening in early spring and perceiving the wet smell of March air and the green scent of young plants. Simply beautiful.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Great fragrance for everyday wear to the office, or ideed, when you're not sure what would suit the occasion. Noticeable and pleasant but not obtrusive to people who don't like perfume, I would think.

femesole
femesole

I loved it 10 years ago and i love it now. My usual concern about citrus and green perfumes that they are too primitive and shallow. And this one is so fresh and light and yet so deep and intriguing. And it draws lots lots of compliments!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Just wanna say first that I LOVE the bottle. The 100ml is like a giant perfume tower!! Makes me feel like I have more than I do. IT'S MONSTROUS!!

This scent is very green. All I can think of when I smell it up close is.. "Green Stems" It smells like crushed green stems of plants. With a perfumey undertone. This is ONLY up close though.

Very interesting but...overall once you smell it in the air..it doesn't smell very special. It's not horrible or anything, it's nice. I think this is just a safe bet, and would be a good day to day scent, one you quickly grab if you can't decide what to wear.

In the air around you or..from a distance..this just smells like a soft perfumey, feminine scent. Half floral..and half greeny.

(Sorry crap review...but..some perfumes don't really inspire a big description)

Luciel
Luciel

I had this fragrance few years ago when I was a teenager and I loved it. It was a gift that had a success. Now I came to this perfume again and it was really nostalgic. I bought it again and love it even more. It's fresh, woody, sexy and recognizable. I think it's perfect for spring or summer for the days out. I recommend this to anyone

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Nice and green on opening - the bamboo and lemon are nice. Then it quickly warms up to a very comfortable woodsy scent with a little vanilla thrown in to warm it up. Has good sillage and staying power yet it is still inoffensive enough for the office. I only had a sample and had worn it 2 days-received 2 compliments from females, one male compliment and my boss (male) has never stood quite that close to me.... Edited to add: Got my FB and unfortunately it had gone "off". Had to return it but this is still at the top of my list among the perfumes I've tested.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I wore this years ago and if I remember, it had a fresh, grassy/sweet muskiness that was light but powerful. I think the clover, peony, bamboo, and sandalwood notes came through most clearly with my skin chemistry. I remember getting some compliments from men when I wore this one. It was nice and so different from everything else I'd ever smelled.

Sissi
Sissi

At top note Lemon then in a few minutes
Cloves Mimiose a distant wisp of Vetiver
Bamboo and the lovely florals of Peony
and Lily comes to the picture. there is a presence of Sandalwood not overpowering but strong enogh to be noticed. but i don't smell any Blackberries.

Picturing your on a boat
slowly drifting thogh a Bamboo forrest
your lying on the boat like your drifting to sleep but your wake you put
your hand in the water and you feel are Lilypads and white lotuses; with
your idel time you glide back and forth
side by side gentily gliding the lilypad and lotuses with your long delicate hands but the trance is broken
by a sound of a frog just leap on that pad you just had your hand on.

This does'nt have the cloying Powder Menthol scent that Eternity has.
it's more organic which i like this better then eternity.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Great fragrance for those who enjoy a lush, green smell which evokes the same feelings as the smell after a heavy rainfall or walking though a wood in summer. Extremely pleasant, from the first spray right through to the end with good sillage and longevity too. Sadly it reminds me of an ex and a relationship I'd rather forget, so it's doubtful I'll ever wear it again. Highly recommended to others however.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A mercurial scent. It is easy to fall in & out of love with this fragrance...indeed it is one scent that has you flik-flakking around with ambiguous feelings. What I do know is that I find myself reaching for this scent more often than other more entrancing beauties.

The most pronounced notes are cedar, a pseudo-vanilla-lily & musk, all touched by vetiver but the entrance is a light & sour citrus. The overall feel of the scent is at once veiled & volumous & yet watery, translucent & like a sighing breeze in a silent green forest. The peony & bamboo combined with the honeyed clover make the magic here - green & watery without being crisp.

The woodsy notes save this scent from becoming too sweet or high - here is an elegant, classic perfume that will grace your skin with a smooth, long lasting dry-down.

Yes, it is soft...but this scent has power! It is light in nature, but thick & heavy in powder-weight. The powder here is never dry & dusty, but creamy, rich & heady laced with silky florals & warm musk.

Why they are discontinuing this perfume is puzzling to me...Truth has much more of a voice, greater lasting power & suitable sillage than many of CKs more recent offerings. Snap it up before it goes!

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

At first sniff I couldn't smell anything except some orange-limey alcohol. And then it changed into something floral, lily scent with bamboo leaves as a background. And at the end the sandalwood become stronger and it lasted until the end. Love it. It reminds me of my grandparent's rice fields and a morning breeze in the countryside.

Zsuzsanna
Zsuzsanna

It reminds me of Arden Beauty.

zvoncica
zvoncica

How unusual this scent is!

Truth opens as olive oil note with fresh cut grass addition. Spicy smell of Mediterranean kitchen in white clay house on Mikonos. Strong and voluminous, like someone salted the grass, crushed lemons in it and blown the pile of vetiver powder on the top. Oh my! Unusual and unique! After 30 minutes white lily came as shy girl on singing audition. Once she opened her mouth no one could remember the silence existed ever before. This is long lasting and noticeable perfume, suitable to lovers of stronger scents.

Truth is overly strong for me, but I do recommend it to others.

guest_taty
guest_taty

The first impression of Truth was really good but very quickly it gets a metallic and very synthetic smell.NO-GO for me like so many other CK´S.

I finally purchased a bottle at an airport stand after it's long discontinuation in my country. I wore this perfume a decade ago. I didn't find anything at all in this bottle of what i had in my memory all those years.
I remember a flowery, powder-y although persistent fragrance, in the middle between being simple and complex,romantic and fresh. What i find in my later purchase is a common ozonic scent, nothing special, a glimpse of a flower accord, more "room and a little bug spray", with nothing of the persistence i remember. What happened to the people who made fine fragrances and alter them in such a short time in a deteriorating way, seems beyond me to understand. I keep the beautiful memory though. 16.10

I have emptied a few bottles of Calvin Klein TRUTH edp, and now all that remains in my collection is a perfume mini. I am constantly toying with the idea of buying TRUTH again, although I also feel that its time in my perfume history has passed, along with the other CK frags that I frequented around the turn of the century.

Yet something keeps drawing me back to TRUTH, despite the inherent paradox and pretense of a limpid liquid that seems to be the essence of purity without being water.

On the one hand, TRUTH is like a beautiful Buddhist garden filled with bubbling fountains and streams. Simple, zen-like rocks have been carefully placed among minimalist green-leaved plants on grassy lawns to make it seem as though all of this were pristine, untouched nature. I smell clover and bamboo. I feel the texture of watercress, as though I were a cow grazing peacefully in a meadow all alone, while the blades and leaves dance ever so lightly about my feet in the gentle springtime breeze.

On the other hand, TRUTH simultaneously evokes images of tall chrome and glass buildings with mirrored windows, such as the Hancock building in Boston. It's a colossal, imposing artifice but as beautiful as a tiny, perfect crystal.

I do believe that I'll buy another bottle of TRUTH edp.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

Just bought a small EDP which I found on the sales for cheap... I wore this one years ago. I consider this as a good daytime fragrance. It is fresh and warm but not overpowering. There is nothing amazingly different or new about this fragrance, but it works well and does the job: you smell nice all day long. What more can you ask for?! I have the sneaky suspicion that this fragrance is going to be discontinued, I keep finding it in the bargain bins of perfume shops, and some don't even stock it at all...

kezbekistan
kezbekistan

Use it lightly, and let it follow you around all day.
Modern, yet timeless.
If it clicks with you, wear it, because you WILL get compliments ;-)

vickyijay
vickyijay

i love this perfume. its simply gorgeous and last for like forever on my skin and clothes. it's worth every dime i paid for it.

Pandemonium
Pandemonium

This is a classic. Every woman should own a bottle. It suits every occasion, it's not suffocatingly strong, but strong enough to make people remember you by. Love it:)

amelie
amelie

Really feels the contrast, the beginning of the green, fresh, like the forest after rain, very distant...later transorming to woody fragrance that is even warm. And quite elegant.It really is incredibly feminine, like a second skin,so clean and gentle.

sonia
sonia

Old,but really classy.At first it`s too strong but after a while it opens gorgeously.Moreover this is one of the most long-lasting parfumes ever...

Dardona
Dardona

At first I gave this a negative review, which I deleted . So lets just say that this fragrance grows on you. Now I've gone from hate to kinda-like. I've been wearing this everyday since I received it in the mail. I love the citrusy opening. I kinda-like the peony (which I GUESS is peony, although I'm getting a Chrysanthemum scent)..I'm NOT liking the spicy phase that this seems to morph in and out of, but I LOVE the light slightly floral-woody drydown. This seems to change on me from day to day, and I'm so intrigued and confused that I keep wearing it to see what else it will do. So I'm going to keep trying this out until It's revealed everything it has to show me.

Okay, as a final thought on this fragrance:
There's a note in here that I simply adore.But it's fleeting..and I can't get enough of it. I wish I could pinpoint the exact note. It's shows up after about 2 hours, then it disappears on my skin. There are traces left on my clothes. So maybe I should spray my clothes the day before I wear them?
*** like it but still confused ***

KasiaS

I've changed my opinion about the scent various times, hesitating between love and reserve, but always appreciating it's dual structure and the contrast of crispiness and sensual warmth kept between the two basic lines. But what caught my attention lately was the bottle. I don't know if it's done on purpose - probably not, if there was no marketing talking about it - but the cap stays in an interesting connection with the name "Truth": on one side you have a proper mirror, where you can see your face like it is, and on the other a convexed, false one. A philosophical tip we have here ;)) I'm quite curious about the genealogy of CK pfm's names - 'cos you have also Contradiction, Be, One - they all seem to be philosophical concepts. Maybe it's a pure coincidence (probably so, and I'm just inventing ;) ), but it's an interesting and graceful idea.
As to the proper juice - be it as it is, it is a very good perfume, with complexity, staiyng power, sillage and an idea to it. Wether you like it or not is a question of personal taste. But it is so much better than the forgettable mass of new releases I encounter on the store shelves today. Maybe not a classic, being a bit of a weirdo ;), but this one is certainly very important for me. Manages to make me feel like I was in a middle of an early-morning lovely meadow or forest, has something magical in its freshness,a very close-to-nature sensation. Still, the sensual part is also there, and it is really sensual, making it much more than a fresh cutie for teenagers.

guest_amarigon
guest_amarigon

I bought Truth because of its name, but I realized how great it was when I was stopped (twice) by complete strangers on different occasions and asked what my fragrance was. One was a woman, who wanted to buy it for herself, and another a man, who said I smelled wonderful! Amazing scent. I like it because it smells clean.

Belladonna
Belladonna

When I tested Truth by Calvin Klein, it didn’t catch my attention until hours later. I caught a whiff of my Truth-sprayed arm while lifting shopping bags out of the car. I was stunned by how good it made my skin smell. I bought a bottle a few weeks later. (My husband told me to buy a Calvin Klein fragrance because he likes the clean/fresh smell. We both like the name “Truth”.)
It doesn’t have a strong character of it’s own, so I have difficulty describing what it smells like. I smell bamboo, a bit of lemon, and soft floral-green. I wear it to work because it stays in the background and makes me smell good all day.

Aalia
Aalia

I just adore how the perfume begins fresh and spicy, so lively, clean. The scent combines pure flowers, and leafy green and grassy tones. Even being so crisp, the fragrance has dimension and depth with the vanilla, sandalwood, and amber, floating through and through. Truth has only a slight hint of sweetness towards the base. I am really enjoying it! Natural and clear and with a hint of the Oriental theme at the end. Hmm, perhaps even a "hippie" or "headshop" perfume is what I am thinking of now as I smell my wrist.
There is something fundamentally similar amongst the perfumes CK One, CKIN2U, and Truth, but I cannot pinpoint it precisely. It is something related to the changes and action over time of the fragrance and also how the middle notes mingle with the dry down.
I think Truth is stronger, more forceful than the other two, while still following this lineage of
CK design.

fotolux
fotolux

At first it smells to me a lemon and bergamot (quite slightly), pachouli and vetever (a bit more), but the most important and basic - the smell of white peonys and tree (such young sapling, wet after the rain), and fresh cut grass and white clover. But after a few hours on my skin it transforms into a gentle and sensual woody scent that blends with the skin perfectly.Сrystal clear as a truth must be.

persian_girl
persian_girl

A very interesting scent, even if too strong for me. I bought it in Ireland and that's why it reminds me of this country. And of my friend to whom I gave it than as a gift.. she really liked it. There is something fatal in this scent.. hard to describe, for her it is a great scent, since she is a very unusual, strong personality and individuality.

calevacin
calevacin

This fragance is so wonderful! I would want so much to own it!! But I've already tested it three times on my skin and the result is always the same: it disappears, all the beautiful woody musky notes, the sweet bamboo, the humid moss that evokes a soft rainy afternoon in a wood... all vanished, whereas they smell so strong on the strip of paper!! Maybe I will give it another chance, but it's so painful to assume that my chemistry is just not made for this lovely fragance. It is so natural, just as if someone had squeezed a whole forest to extract its essence. How many fragances try to achieve this but fail creating artificially green scents! If you like the notes of this fragance I recommend you to give it a try, maybe you will be more lucky.

I must say this was an interesting and unique choice by Calvin Klein when they created this fragrance. I love that this scent is complex and forever changing from citrus, to spiciness, to freshness.

From the beginning, the lemon note is very prominent and strong, with notes of patchouli and bamboo lingering in the background. It takes a certain person to enjoy these top notes, preferably someone who enjoys their fruity/citrusy scents.

However the scent mellows as it transcends into the heart of the fragrance which is gentle, flowery and fresh. The feministic aspects of this fragrance are portrayed through the lushness of the lily, mimose and peony combined.

I detect a certain spiciness when I smell this in contact with my skin. This creates a warm and sensual scent which I rather enjoy.

The lasting strength is quite good and the packaging, although simple, is modern and tasteful.

Truth is a fragrance that will grow on you. The love might not happen after first sniff but give it a few more tries and you might be surprised.

I always recommend to people who are looking for an ageless,timeless fragrance to try truth.but to be honest I'm not a fan of it myself.
to me it smells very green and somehow smoky at the first sniff.not romantic,but casual and intimate and strong.
the second impression of the fragrance is warmer and more appealing.the woodsy notes are very strong and dominant.
it continues the idea of the line,without breaking the rules.I think it would be great for brunettes,but I have some chemistry problems with it.
I can summarize this perfume in the word "smoky".so if you smoke and you have tanned skin,it would be great for you.

Taliera
Taliera

I was really looking forward to "Truth", but I have to say it's not that great. "Euphoria" with a dash of Calvin Klein "One" and a drop of "Classique". It's a good fragrance, but not one that really stands out. Not special enough for me.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

I have to say, that I tried it a couple of times, because I liked the advert and how it was made up. Not espacially for the notes. Like rainydaze said, people who like Omnia might also like this one, but for me this logic doesn't work. Omnia is richer and more special in comparison to CK's shelf warmer. It is rather green then woody and gets soapy on the skin. Furthermore it stays the same for hours. It doesn't change on me. So, I feel "bathed" in sth, which is not willing to correspond with me. It disturbed my nose everytime I got a hint from my sleves. A pity, because I wanted to like this scent so much. Maybe there are also different categories for "woody"? Eau des Merveilles can also be put together in that box with "green/woody/sharp" upon.

Archaic
Archaic

Subtle sillage but longevity is great. I love this on a women's skin. Sexiness without shouting about it. 2 thumbs up.

Malegria
Malegria

Amazing! I just received it as a gift and immediately tried it. It`s been on my skin for several hours now...What can I say? Pure as a tear...Starts with fresh citrus, then develops fast into the most delicious green scent ever - grass sparkling with dew, and all I can think about after that is crisp air in the morning...These green notes remind me of lily of the valley - so subtle and gentle! The base surprised me pleasantly - it is light and woodsy, I can`t detect the sandalwood, but feel the lily, peony and berries - at it`s utmost lightness.
How did I live without it before? makes me want to give away all my fresh scents!

essija
essija

This is a must have fragrance. I couldn't think of a better woodsy smell. It is very sexy and never overpowering. I love this stuff always have since it came out.. My favorite by CK.

golden
golden

I adore this perfume and so do everyone else that has a whift of it. elegant sweet, but totally sexy.

guest_Via
guest_Via

This perfume is waaaay underrated!!!! It is so sublte, yet has staying power. You simply must try it for yourself. It's everything a fragrance should be...and best of all it's never overpowering, yet a little goes a long way. It smells a bit powder, with a soft floral chord, as well as some musk, but yet it's light. Intoxicating...

Truth by Calvin Klein 3.95 out of 5 based on 909 ratings and 147 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calvin Klein Truth fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Calvin Klein Truth, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Truth by Calvin Klein. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Truth by Calvin Klein represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.