Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Calypso Mimosa Calypso Christiane Celle for women

Calypso Mimosa Calypso Christiane Celle for women
dislike

yellow floral

Calypso Mimosa by Calypso Christiane Celle is a Floral fragrance for women. Calypso Mimosa was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Camail. Top notes are almond, bergamot and neroli; middle notes are mimosa, jasmine and tuberose; base notes are musk, sandalwood and tiare flower.

Almond Bergamot Neroli

Mimosa Jasmine Tuberose

Musk Sandalwood Tiare Flower

Fashion Avenue
Moringa

Calypso Mimosa Fragrance Reviews

june7rose
june7rose

My favorite floral. They say if you really love one perfume from a line, you'll like the rest, because perfumers often use the same base for all their scents. I do like pretty much all of hers, and lament the disconintued Honeysuckle, but the signature Mimosa is the best. Flowers that smell like honey, it's summer in the south of France in a bottle.

Gosha
Gosha

Oh, Mimosa is so very pretty! Very unusual floral little thing (and I don't often like florals). It's like a bouquet of intense, sweet white flowers mixed with jolly, dried, sunshiny yellow flowers on a comforting woody bed.
Smooth, creamy, a bit powdery and a just a touch clean, very feminine, would love to have a bottle!

amedeestyle
amedeestyle

Loved iit until I realized that it smells EXACTLY like Palmolive!

I have never really understood who or what Christiane Celle is all about. I picked up a sample set at a decanter a while back (before having renounced the use of unlicensed purveyors of perfume) for no better reason than that they seemed to be a niche house of enough significance to have a sample set dedicated to them. I have since learned that decanters put together n'importe quoi in their never-ending quest to live off the hard work of perfumers, siphoning their profits away by absconding with a big chunk of the wallet share of perfumistas today. But that's another story....

I later discovered that the Christiane Celle Calypso perfumes are regularly available from discounters for a fraction of the MSRP. Having tested AMBER, ROSE, and VIOLETTE and been pleased with what I sniffed, I picked up bottles of each for probably less than I paid for the original sample set. I remain mystified by this house because they really do produce good perfumes. So why are they sold for so little money? That is the question.

CALYPSO MIMOSA is another case in point. Upon donning this creation, I was reminded immediately of Bond no 9 FASHION AVENUE, the mimosa entry in that house's lineup. Like FASHION AVENUE, CALYPSO MIMOSA has a green edge to it and a perfumey quality which sets it off from, say, Demeter VINTAGE NATURALS 2009 MIMOSA. There is definitely more here than the powdery yellow mimosa which one would expect of a mimosa soliflore.

In a side-by-side comparison, I find that FASHION AVENUE is richer and more substantial than CALYPSO MIMOSA, but the latter is still very good, and it would be an excellent option for those for whom the prices of Bond no 9 perfumes are too high. CALYPSO MIMOSA is basically a somewhat quieter version of the shiny green mimosa of FASHION AVENUE. I like it, I do!

Wonderful, light and airy scent with smooth Mimosa and green leaves. It's like a whisper around me soft but at the same time intensive. Great! I love Kenzo Summer - but these two are not alike at all on my skin. This one is softer and super-female'ish.

Underbar, lätt och luftig doft med Mimosa och gröna blad. Som en viskning runt mig men ändå intensiv. Härlig! Jag älskar Kenzo Summer, men dessa två är helt olika i doftnoterna på min hud. Denna är mjukare och superkvinnlig.

lara0905
lara0905

Sweet memories...cheerful, sunny summer afternoon at my parent's house, freshly washed clothes drying on the backyard- their pleasant smell swing around in the air.I,-as small child-, and my sister play with soap bubbels, they are swirling around us..

This perfume, like a fragile bubble.You just watching how the wind plays with it's gentle touch but you don't dare to reach it, because just don't want to damage this beauty..

Clean, delicate and fresh, very realistic mimosa scent with a hint of jasmine, slightly green tones and a soft musk base.
Transparent,discreet and very feminin perfume with a light powdery undertone.
Lovely!!!

P.s: After a long waiting finally I got a whole bottle on my hand.Every time, when I'm wearing this gem,I just got the compliments from womens and mens alike.This is a really unique flavor, which is not come across every day on the street.I loooooove it!!;)

talnyc
talnyc

This is one of the FEW scents that really picks up and showcases the Mimosa scent. It is truly amazing and a wonderful fragrance. The Annick Goutal's Mimosa scent is very nice, but this one is the best mimosa scent that I have encountered.

gesch
gesch

This is one of the most natural smelling mimosa-fragrances I smelled so far. It is like smelling the blossoms still on a fresh cut branch. IT is that close to the real thing. The greem seems to be leafs and wood of the mimosa-tree.

There is a kind of rose-bodylotion that underlies the mimosa-impression, but it is just shyly floating around.

Another I found this close to the natural mimosa is by Yves Rocher. Sadly that one doesn't last as long and loses its sillage quite fast. This one seems to be a bodychemistry issue for it to have projection, though it lasts quite well.

Louw
Louw

This is something quite unusual in the fragrance world - a perfume that smells exactly as its name suggests it should! It's a very low key, subtle scent that will never overpower. Just beautiful, delicate mimosa right through from the first spray to the dry-down. Elegant, clean and Summery - truly beautiful!

AveParfum
AveParfum

This is a clean, delicate floral with just a touch of green leaves and fresh air. It's very outdoorsy and down-to-earth -- no pretentiousness here! If anyone catches a whiff of you, they probably wouldn't even guess you were wearing perfume. They would probably think it was your soap and shampoo. Unlike many of the popular fragrances on the market today, this one does not contain any kind of musky, powdery note, yet it still manages to evoke softness and vulnerability.

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

I love this fragrance. It has a clean, soap-like effect, but it smells so much nicer than soap. It's a delicate floral scent and I disagree with the person above who says it doesn't last long. For being such a delicate scent, I was surprised at how long it lasted on my skin.

Sweet, candy tuberose and linden. Green and lush flowers very sweet and fresh. As it wears on me, it gets sweeter and more oily, ending up very like a flower scented sunscreen, but in a nice way. If you like a tropical feeling in your scent, this is a must-try

champaka
champaka

Sweet, pretty and fresh but with no lasting power. On my skin it fades off within 2 hours of applying it. The soft floral scent at first whiff vaguely remind me of a soap my grandmother once used. Then, in my mind appears the image of a bouquet of fresh white flowers wrapped in lush green leaves. This fragrance seemed to float near the skin, very airy and very feminine. Nothing much unusual about Mimosa...very wearable, very comfy, very likeable...but I am not in love with it, I prefer a fragrance with a stronger character and personality.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Calypso Christiane Celle Calypso Mimosa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Calypso Christiane Celle Calypso Mimosa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Calypso Mimosa by Calypso Christiane Celle. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Calypso Mimosa by Calypso Christiane Celle represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.