Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Candie`s Candie`s for women

Candie`s Candie`s for women
dislike

Candie`s Candie`s for women Pictures Candie`s Candie`s for women Pictures Candie`s Candie`s for women Pictures Candie`s Candie`s for women Pictures Candie`s Candie`s for women Pictures

Candie`s by Candie`s is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Candie`s was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. The fragrance features gardenia, amber, mandarin orange, peach, jasmine, ylang-ylang and lemon.

Gardenia Amber Mandarin Orange Peach Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lemon

Candie`s Fragrance Reviews

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I forgot all about this perfume and then I saw the ad with Alyssa Milano pinned on Pinterest. Talk about flashbacks! I loved this so much and bought a set of the bottle, body spray, and a mini. This was when I had barely any money as a teen and it was a big purchase. I wish I'd kept at least one of them for the memories...
Btw, they made really bad choices by letting Dennis Rodman, Carmen Electra, and Jenny McCarthy advertise for them. Not long after that Candie's went back out of style.

Golfgal426
Golfgal426

This perfume reminds me of college. I can still picture myself skipping classes, bar hopping, dancing my ass off at the club, and being generally self-destructive - all while wearing Candie's.

Although I still have my bottle, I can't bring myself to wear it now, at age 34. But I remember it fondly as my signature fragrance for a wild time in my life that taught me a ton about myself. Smelling Candie's takes me so far back that I practically taste Boone's Farm when I smell it.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

My sister loves this perfume. I pick her up little .5 oz bottles here and there. It smells amazing on her.

gommiebears
gommiebears

I remember purchasing this perfume set back when I was in high school. To get to the point, it smelled awful on me. I don't know how to put it into words but it smelled like rotting flowers and ammonia. Every time I tried to wear it, I would wash it off. I tried using it as a room spray but damn I gave me a headache. I finally got rid of it years ago.

kismetdaisy

I have a 1.7oz of this up for swaps if anyone's interested.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I bought this one some 10+ years ago- who remembers when or where now. At the time I was 40-ish years old,fairly perfume-naive and I remembered the Candies shoes from 1981? or so. (Yes I had a pair, or a copy at least). Anyway, Candies perfume is kind of a strange little bugger. It reminds me of the Halloween season, what with that orange/ambery thing going on. Candies perfume isn't horrible, it's just missing something. It isn't professional-for work, and it's not romantic or sexy-for evening. Ultimately as I recall, I gave it away or threw it out-I think it was a .5 oz bottle I picked up for less than 10 dollars. Apparently from the reviews, it pretty much has died a natural and well-earned death.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Sampled this today, and as someone who has over 200 perfume samples I do have to say that it is unlike any other scent I have! Didn't know what to make of it at first... Very peppery with a sweetness lying underneath it. Must be the peach or citrus, but to me it smelled more like pear or melon. I enjoyed the dry down more as it started out a little too peppery for my taste. Thumbs up for originality though!

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

I bought this perfume and its very strong masculine, hint of woody. the gardenia yIng yIng and jasmine shows through. Not my cup of tea. But I bet it would be great on others, it just doesn't suit me.

krlamev
krlamev

What can I say? I LOVE it! It's hard to find, I bought it on ebay and I'm planning to buy MORE before it totally runs out of the market as other great fragrances that get discontinued.

It's citrus fresh on the beginning then it dries down to amber "settle person but not old" (O_o). Not good longevity, like 1-3 hours on my skin, and the sillage when you spray it on it's great but as the time passes I just feel it near my skin.

It's not totally girly fragrance like bunch of fruits and flowers and bees and weehhh rolling down the flowery hill with a cloudy dress; even tho it's youthful... how can I say... Let's say 18+ lol. Well I think it was in here (or amazon o.O?) that I read it was famous on its time cuz it was the "stripper's fave fragrance". How come they discontinued it! Strippers still want to smell good, I want to smell Candie's! XD.

Either way, this perfume took me back to 2001 when I first smelled it and tolly love it! Fresh, citrus, free, careless, relaxed...

Centsless
Centsless

Citrus and woody. It was really strong and really masculine on my skin at the time which was more than ten years ago when I was a teenager. I might would appreciate it more now and it may even smell different on me now, but I will leave this one in the past.

kismetdaisy

I was like 12 when I got candies. Maybe 11 actually. I found it way too grown up and spicy at the time, I didn't know what to make of it or do with it. I asked for it for Xmas cuz it was advertised like crazy. I gave it to my older sister's friend eventually. But I'd really like to have this one again and give it another shot. I remember the smell very well and it's something I'd wear now without being too scared to wear it..(I was a kid without the confidence needed to wear this stuff!) I got florals but peppery spicy scented amber. I expected it to be sweet, but it was actually dark.. Kinda cologne-like, which may sound like a throw off, but trust me, it's quite nice for the price! It's dark and sweet.

msomogyi
msomogyi

I got my first bottle of this in high school. To this day it brings back strong but bittersweet memories. I don't think I'm to old for it however, for me is still relevant.

alycat
alycat

I used to wear this in my early 20s. From the name, you'd expect a vanilla gourmand but it was fruity and spicy instead. The body spray produced a playful yet clean citrus scent that was good for day wear, and the cologne was more heady - perfect for a night out. It wasn't until after the fact that I learned it was heavily favored by exotic dancers. No judgement, just explains a presumption I periodically encountered.

2whit2quit
2whit2quit

middle school...and the dry down was the best when I would be out riding my bike.. very fresh to me and awakening.

dhfallon
dhfallon

Received this as a gift in high school. It was much too spicy and peppery for my floral taste. It was long-lasting and had moderate sillage.

altair
altair

Do not buy this! The only smell you get is that of dead and rotten organic matter of unidentified nature. That's it. Nothing else. I bought it on sale (of course!)and it is a disaster. I can't even use it as air freshener because it stinks! Literally! I have never given such a bad review to any perfume before. But then again, I have never smelt something as bad as this before!Ever!

heyjudette
heyjudette

I had this in middle school when it first came out. I can't remember it being the most amazing perfume, but it was fresh, fruity and citrusy, and was a great perfume for the price.

pfcs
pfcs

I have this only because it was included in a gift coffret. I got it out and tried it again, and I still don't care for it. It's not horrible, just not for me. It doesn't smell like quality ingredients. At least not for a women's perfume. It smells more like aftershave to me.

Lushylori
Lushylori

This is a weird scent..Just got a big bottle today and I can't discern which note I'm smelling the most.I'm not sure if its celery or parsley or something I've cooked Pasta sauce with lol...I kinda like it but I expected it to smell more sweet than sharp probably by just looking at the bottle and its name.Most bottles that look like this have a sweeter scent inside in my experience but then again..I'm kinda new at this :):)

thinknice
thinknice

Bought it high school, I don't remember it too much. I think I gave it away... If it wasn't memorable I didn't like it. Not much of a perfume.

WitchyWoman727
WitchyWoman727

i dont remember this smelling too strong when i was in my teens, but it is. i have a whole bottle of this barely used. eh. very spicy and peppery.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Was in junior high when I first got it.As a birthday gift will never forget it.Spicy and I liked it.Destinct smell can regognise it a mile away.

Malibu
Malibu

I admit that I only bought this because I hoped I'd magically turn into Alyssa Milano (she was in the original ads). I'm a marketer's dream. Way too gullible...

CANDIES smelt nice on first application, I could really smell the peach. This is alongside hints of lemon and mandarin. I love peach & mandarin, so the top note is nice, though sweet (I didn't wear it in hot weather. That'd be too sickly).

But it's the heart notes of jasmine, gardenia and ylang-ylang that give me real problems. The notes are just way too strong. I couldn't pick any individual notes out; they all hit me at once.

Then we get to the amber heavy base. Sweet + heavy floral + more sweetness = migraine.

The staying power is good, you could pick this up cheap (I paid $10 in Walmart while on holiday), but the packaging is clearly cheap and rather tacky...

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

I was so excited to get this fragrance when i was in middle school. In retrospect, i think it was moreso the advertisements that lured me in. It was my first lesson that not all perfumes are necessarily good for all. It was way to woodsy and masculine for my taste and was headache inducing to the point where i had to give it away. It literally gave me migraines every time i wore it...nausea and all. I hope that girl enjoyed it more than i did...especially at the price it was purchased at (my first department store perfume purchase).

katyas
katyas

This is a nice, sweet, floral scent - great for every day wear, office or a day out. This is a particularly nice scent for spring or summer (or for during the winter to evoke a feeling of spring or summer).

Bright fruit, drying down to soft summery florals. Somehow young. Layered without a lot of depth, but great for those who need a lighter scent. Happy. Black pepper in the dry down keeps it from being too childlike.

kim white
kim white

This perfume is so fresh, clean and comforting.It doesnt have too much flowers,fruit or spice or anything.Its so distinctive and sexy, yet its calming.Alot of my perfumes I get tired of them, but I never do with Candies.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Candie`s Candie`s fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Candie`s Candie`s, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Candie`s by Candie`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Candie`s by Candie`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.