Designers » C » Floral « Groups

dislike

tuberose
yellow floral
honey

Another fine, floral perfume by Carla Fracci is dedicated to ballet heroine Giselle. It was created in 2004.

Ylang-Ylang Cinnamon Freesia Jasmine Tuberose Vanilla Coconut Caramel Musk white honey

Ylang in Gold
Calypso Vanille
Scaasi
Desire Me

Giselle Fragrance Reviews

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Giselle – I purchased the parfum concentration which was super hard to open and I spilled about 10% in the process
:(. What I found is that in large amounts this fragrance is extremely strong and long lasting. Even after cleaning the spill the following day when I was walking towards the kitchen I picked up the sweet cinnamon fragrance. In the kitchen where the accident occurred, the fragrance was present as if I had just spilled it.

After sampling Giselle on my skin I get a very fresh sort of green ylang-ylang accompanied by a soft powdery cinnamon. The tuberose and coconut have a sort of creamy affect which is perfectly drizzled with honey. I can’t really say that caramel is dominant but maybe in the right weather this note might develop better.

Overall wonderfully floral, yes, sweet gourmand foodie...not at all. Long lasting, yes, sillage from the stopper small application skin scent.

polly golightly
polly golightly

non ricordo più chi mi ha spedito un campioncino di questo profumo, che ho del tutto ignorato per qualche annetto, con la classica "puzzetta sotto il naso" (è proprio il caso di dirlo!!) di chi si avvicina alle fragranze delle celebrità con un certo snobismo. Giselle, anche se non è il mio stile, è molto carino: somiglia pesantemente ad Organza, oltre a ricodarmi Jungle Le Tigre di Kenzo, ed è un floreale. benchè sulla carta la piramide sia ricca di quelle note bianche che io mal sopporto specie se tutte insieme (fresia, tuberosa, gelsomino etc etc), la percezione reale è invece incentrata su sentori di miele e di caramello che supportano ylang ylang burroso. quindi l'assestamento: su cannella, cocco e muschio. non un gourmand in senso stretto (non cioè proprio da mangiare) ma piuttosto un gourmand evoluto.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

My namesake fragrance. Supposedly Carla Fracci who created this perfume was trying to evoke the Romantic tragic 19th century ballet Giselle by Adolphe Adam. I don't see the connection. For it to have smelled anything like the romantic tragedy set in the woods of Germany by the Rhine river, it would have had more woodsy notes! It should have been a white floral chypre. The white flowers of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, lily, lily of the valley or white roses would wear like soft white tulle like white wedding veils, white ballet tutus, or the white Wili ghosts of the dead brides abandoned at the altar in the ballet's final act. But that's if this fragrance had truly attempted to recreate the ballet. It didn't even try. But that's ok. This stuff smells great, even if it smells like a beach resort in Atlantic City New Jersey. This is a gourmand perfume. Big on honey, lots of honey. Caramel, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut. My nose can pick up mainly on the honey-caramel-vanilla pairing. The cinnamon seems to be coated on the ylangylang flower and the coconut on the tuberose which is very creamy. Freesia and jasmine are not really big players. This is not a floral fragrance. This is mostly honeyed gourmand scents of caramel honeysuckle. It's definitely a summer scent. I have only worn this one in August around my birthday and on my birthday as I associate this fragrance with celebrating and partying in summer time. I thought it was beautiful and my skin can handle honey. I know some women who would love this and who would hate this. I hope that you can give it a try. It's definitely a niche frag so if you have a love for honey plus the other sweet notes of coconut, caramel and vanilla, this perfume will be a pleasure for your nose.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Gentle, honeyed floral. No freesia present on my skin, which is good! If the caramel is at all noticable, I can't tell... This soft sweetness could be peach or pineapple equally. The sum total is beautifully blended and cozy.

Not a gourmand, but a YELLOW floral. A slight resemblance to Organza makes Giselle an updated version of the floriental bombs popular in the 90's, with lower sillage and softer focus. I especially love the perfect blending of musk, honey, and florals. Somehow the honey + tuberose + ylang ylang come across to me as HONEYSUCKLE. No bad thing! :D

valenceis
valenceis

If you like scents like Casmir, then Giselle is all the way up your alley. Of the tropical oriental gourmands I have tried to enjoy, this is definitely one of the best.

I have the parfum, I love the bottle. The drydown really mellows this one out into a really nice skin scent. I have plenty of more interesting perfumes, sure, but I reach for this one often enough. For what it is, Giselle is among the best that I've tried. But it's not terribly unique as a gourmand, so I understand how it didn't rise to popularity. Also, I love my bottle, but on the whole, CF packaging isn't very attractive, let's be honest. But it seems like the fragrances themselves are really quite nice.

Pari88
Pari88

This is a very beautiful honeyed white floral, I am surprised it is not as popular in the "white floral" field. Don't be turned away from the tuberose, it is a buttery tuberose. It has slight similarities to L'instant Guerlain edp and Givenchy Organza only mixed with Hanae Mori Butterfly or Chopard Casmir. I really enjoy the buttery sweetness of Giselle refreshed by white florals with a touch of golden sunshine. This is a very sunny, elegant casual fragrance. It gives me a similar feeling as my beloved L'instant, only a more casual version. Lots of ylang and tuberose, buttery sweetness. You have to try it to understand, it is really unique. Lovers of Organza and L'instant will enjoy this.

Jenge
Jenge

This fragrance kept popping up in many of the gourmand collections at TPC, so I thought I'd try it.

A sweet, salty, lush, warm, yellowish floral. An amped up suntan lotion that's quite yummy. It smells like laying out on a hot beach near a tropical flower garden while eating a melty salted caramel!

The beginning is strong & sweet, but it calms down pretty quickly to a honeyed, warm, almost ambery floral. I like the ylang in it and it could be a cousin of Avon Rare Gold. Or a flanker, "Rare Gold Extreme Summer"!

I would call it more floral than gourmand, but it definitely has that "yum" factor.

thehanna
thehanna

I am surprised this is not more popular with the sweeter scents crowd.

I like gourmand florals but find most of them too sugary or too department store to wear in NYC without embarrassment. This is much more subtle and adult than a lot of flowery gourmands. Soft sweet scent you might like if you like Lempicka fragrances.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Have only recently discovered this one and purchased blindly. I am besotted with this totally similar to my beloved Givenchy organza however a tad more wearable for the hot months in the office slightly more fresh and silky as organza can be a wee bit cloying and (do me now) in the warm months. I adore both and Organza would be my first choice (along with her sexy sister Indecence) however this is superbly blended fragrance with the same honeysuckle, nutmeg type notes but has a bit of Ysatis going on in the top notes with lots of delicious ylang ylang and honey. Do get a bit of the caramel too maybe some praline in there and some powderiness (think Charlie Gold)- definitely a modern but sensual fragrance but with some oldworld charm which keeps me interested. Sadly I have begun finding this rather too sweet for my tastes (could be that I am on a sugar free diet perhaps) and this has been gifted to a new loving home

Flowergrl

..I tried this again last night and it is showing more of it's creamy side. I'm picking up more of a vanillic base that blends well with the florals, still no honey but I'm liking it more.

Flowergrl

..I got this for a song online and though the notes sounded just right for me Giselle failed to deliver. I wonder as another person mentioned if they have changed or reformulated this? I tried spraying more on my second try and all I really smell is the tuberose, it's very linear and I don't note the carmel or any other interesting base notes. It sounded lovely and the bottle is nice but a real let down on my skin. Maybe you'll have better luck.

dezaval
dezaval

White flowers and honey. Nice everyday fragrance. Sweet, decent notes and lasts many hours. Ideal for autumn mornings.

Sassy1
Sassy1

The bottle I received (1oz EDP) is beautiful with it's fitted glass stopper and long applicator.
The jus inside? A golden powdery tuberose bomb with honey as the fuse. That said, it's not overly sweet to me, nothing like Queen or Mariah's scents. And there's that weird "wet blanket" smell from Casmir floating around in the background as well.
It takes 15-30 minutes to find the coconut and ylang ylang, another good hour or 2 for the semi-sweet caramel to show. By that time the projection is down to nil and you are left with more of a skin close glaze than a radiating base. I wouldn't classify it as gourmand at all though and I could not detect any cinnamon.
While I like the smell itself, as with Scaasi, Caroline Herrera and Ellen Tracy, I find the powderiness to be on the verge of suffocating.

I'm very glad I didn't pay much for it ($18) as I don't see it being or becoming a favorite of mine.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Too strong, sweet floral scent. Overpowering. Majority of notes look promising, what happened?
Well the start off is a blast off and that lasts eternity....after that soft creamy sweet caramel, tuberose and ylang ylang slowly take over. However it still remains too sweet and cloying. This could have been done better, unless the intention was to constrict some airways. Top three (caramel, tuberose and ylang ylang) are invaded here by overly sugary sweet ingredients. I feel a cavity coming on just talking about this perfume. It Royally Sucks!

laguayasaminaj
laguayasaminaj

Initially I found this to be very sweet and strikingly strong. Nevertheless within moments it settled into a smooth and very distinct yet warm caramel scent with superb sillage.

id
id

Sweet (and for me it is far too much) ylang-ylang and honey at the opening. I was hoping for a cinnamon and caramel notes to show up somewhere in the middle, but it didn't happen. It may be called nice, but this fragrance is not for me.

cdz28
cdz28

I just received this perfume today and although I found it to be a nice, sweet fragrance, it's just not me.

zielona
zielona

As I was told, Giselle now is a different fragrance than Giselle from few years ago. It must be, because what I smelled had nothing to do with Organza or any other sweet, oriental fragrance. Unfortunately ;]

New Giselle is a fruity-floral, very fresh and quite watery. It's moderately sweet, crisp and in style of J'Adore [Dior] or Ananda [Micallef]. I'm not amused, although I must say it's not totally bad either. Nice, summer fragance, without artificial fruity notes. And yes, it's boring too.

I really can't understand WHY they totally changed the smell and decided to keep the same name. It makes no sense at all.

EDP:

Not as lovely as pure parfum, no getting around it-but has more sillage, and has the same soul! My boyfriend and my younger brother both asked me "Which perfume are you wearing now?"-and followed with approval.
Instant classic-I like it just as much as sultrier Must and Coco, but it's never too heavy or sweet-perhaps I like you more, Giselle!

Giselle by Carla Fracci:
You have everything I love about Organza, with more smoothness and softness (as well as desirable reserve)--in parfum!

I was worried that this would be too sweet, as I find Organza to be these days-and Giselle is sweet-but I don't know what keeps this perfectly sweet and copper-colored velvet rather than just another sweet but pleasant Big White Floriental-it's classifed as Floral here, I don't think that's correct...Either way, it has a lightness about it, and doesn't smell too caramelly at all-this note can kill a possibly beautiful fragrance. I think I found the most beautiful--eh, maybe the only celebrity fragrance I want to wear! As refined as the lovely dancer Carla Fracci-with a plush sexiness breezing through! I want to try the EDP, as I like a little bit more sillage-this stays fairly close to the skin-but the lasting power is great, as a parfum should have. I hope to be able to review the EDP soon-if it retains most of what I love about the parfum, Giselle would be worthy of regular wear-maybe another signature even!

ferrari
ferrari

Nice, sweet floral - caramel scent. Reminds me Kenzo le Tigre, but this one is not so deep and heavy.
Must to try who love simple sweet floral scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carla Fracci Giselle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Carla Fracci Giselle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Giselle by Carla Fracci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Giselle by Carla Fracci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.