Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

212 Men Carolina Herrera for men

212 Men Carolina Herrera for men
dislike

I have it: 1428 I had it: 1032 I want it: 679 My signature: 85

212 Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures 212 Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures

212 Men by Carolina Herrera is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. 212 Men was created by Alberto Morillas, Rosendo Mateu and Ann Gottlieb. Top notes are spices, petitgrain, lavender, green notes, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are ginger, green pepper, gardenia, violet and sage; base notes are labdanum, sandalwood, musk, guaiac wood, vetiver and incense.

Spices Petitgrain Lavender Green Notes Grapefruit Bergamot

Ginger Green Pepper Gardenia Violet Sage

Labdanum Sandalwood Musk Guaiac Wood Vetiver Incense

331 Homme
212 Men On Ice 2009

212 Men Fragrance Reviews

ShaverX
ShaverX

212 Zwicks un popolchaka, quparato pupu ma cachaka. Ez Herrera con mu hachacha pur de frim jlit yajad du pil. 212 zokwallla plarfortucku miko ala patata

Mierdakokla
Mierdakokla

Piyasanin gelmis gecmis en iyi parfumu, mukemmele yakin freshlik , koklayipta begenmiyen bi kiz gormedim daha zencefil kokusu surekli kalicilik ve farkindalik yaratiyo . Herkezde kesinlikle bulunmasi gerek. Ilk koklandiginda beyaz sabun gibi koku alabilirsiniz

ERPF

Su diseño futurista sobrio frio y magnetico se corresponde con su efervecente y original fragancia azul exuberante y cool, convirtiendo a Carolina Herrera en una best seller

ERPF

Soy coleccionista de alta perfumeria y conozco sobre el tema, por supuesto que es una herramienta idispensable esta revista y refiriendome a 212 men es la sofisticacion hecha perfume ya que la sensacion de frescura y de exuberancia que transmite este icono es inigualable,limpieza pura, frescura acuatica y sensual. Su olor a nuevo es sin igual. Mis respetos para Alberto Morillas. Lo recomiendo pues goza de gran aceptacion entre la juventud y las mujeres lo adoran. Lo adoro

Eru1991
Eru1991

La primera vez que lo olí me encantó. Tiene un toque metálico que personalmente me gusta mucho. Cada poco tiempo me vienen unas ráfagas muy potentes. Es delicioso.

First time I smelled it I fell in love. It has a metallic smell that is very nice IMO. From time to time the smell hits me and it is marvelous.

So versatile.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

I bought my bottle in 2012. So I guess it is reformulated one. Still, it is a nice and non offensive cologne, pleasant and yeah, fresh. Masculine in a good way as well. Good thing, its lasting power and projection are great for a summer frag. Most fragrances that I own last less than this guy from New York :) so I use it in fall, too. Can't say I am in love, but if you're looking for a fresh, non offensive, masculine and versatile fragrance, give it a try.

rasali17
rasali17

I’m really regret to buy this fragrant because it doesn’t work very well in my skin. LONGEVITY, highly disappointing and suck and only last for 1 or 2 hours. Don’t blind buy for this CH 212……Issey Miyake is much better L’eau Bleue D’issey Pour Homme.

februaryxiv
februaryxiv

Just bought this precious juice yesterday and it was a wow! Initial spray is like spraying a very fresh mouthwatering scent. It's a great wower and head turner! I really like it from top to bottom notes. There's an elegant vibe and very classy. Projection is good and longevity is great! Oh and also, young women like this scent! rawrz! :)

reboulenorellana
reboulenorellana

El olor de este perfume es como de césped recién cortado mezclado con especias y créanme que yo lo pondría en la categoría de una fragancia que la puedes comprar a ciegas por lo buena que es. Dura una vida, por lo menos 24 horas en mi piel. Este perfume es candidato fijo para estar entre los mejores de todos los tiempos.

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

I really don´t know why I bought this one, earlier this year. The scent is ok, but does smell synthetic. Performance is also ok. Lasts 6 – 7 hours with descent projection. Women seam to like it. Maybe I´m just not young enough, and I would never wear this when dressed up... 7,5/10

Hz.rtro
Hz.rtro

i got the new formulation(NYC) and its pretty good on my skin. it last for two days (srsly) and has a great sillage for the first 4 hours.

scannerfm77
scannerfm77

I got 212 NYC but the smell is quite different than old 212. NYC more synthetic. I prefer the old one.

adamhabib
adamhabib

I find it perfect. Such a sexy fresh grassy smell. Unfortunately it is is very common.

Cobray
Cobray

this as changed through out the years I still have an older bottle for mid 2000's and from time to time i refill my atomizer and through the glass vial the juices are more of a watery clear with a very light hint of blue! I stopped by sephora and grabbed a sample in a vial and the juices are like a aqua shade now not clear at all. the smell is the same but the older jucies last alot longer then the newer bottles

BobbyJ95
BobbyJ95

My other half's favorite. Absolutely love this. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, in the UK I have never smelt anyone who wears this apart from me, I mean obviously there is people but not many. Always a compliment getter. More of a clubbing/going out sent personally. Although I wear it casually as well.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

I really do like this 1 but it doesnt blow me away as there are the things that I really like about it but also things that sway me away from loving it.

The good- I love the fresh cut grass feel you get and in my opinion it does the fresh cut grass type of smell better than any frag out there.
The bad- Even with only 2 sprays the musk in this can sometimes become cloying and if it had less musk I think id love this.

Performance on this is pretty top notch ! Even with only 2-3 sprays this projects VERY well and lasts on my skin anywhere from 8-12 hours .

Overall id rate this a 7 out of 10 !

Manny44
Manny44

Finally got the chance to test this and wow, its amazing. Another in a line of Alberto Morillas' fresh masterpieces but this time in the shape of a mass-market masculine, people pleaser. The reason I won't be buying this is simple. I'VE SMELLED THIS A THOUSAND TIMES IN THE LAST TEN YEARS. I think one in every 10 guys has worn this at one point in the last decade. Its only after finally getting my nose on it that I've matched bottle to smell. Its important to me to be at least a LITTLE unique. Still, I see why its been so popular. Hall of Fame.

majid9001
majid9001

I had this perfume about 5 years ago and i loved it. longevity was +12 hours with pretty good projection. Today I bought it as a gift for my father in law and ... Huge disappointment!
Very bad quality and chemical. I'm Sure of reformulation.
Perfume industry please don't do that with us!!!

Matías Ross
Matías Ross

Ths scent makes justice to it's popularity. It's really really good. But if you buy it, be aware of the fact that you'll be smelling like another billion guys out there.

mwendia
mwendia

bought this like a week ago..it does have a great smell tho honestly the sillage and longevity just doent do it at all,its poor and for me i just wasted money on this

Amouage100
Amouage100

Very synthetic scent ,not my taste,maybe good for young people and for casual dress,but nothing special.

wambyhaskara
wambyhaskara

parfum ini mungkin agak tercium "pasaran" karna udah banyak banget yang pake..sering banget gw cium wanginya di mana"..tapi keliaatan koq..wangi parfum ORI sama KW :D overall.. gw suka banget parfumnya

rodolfo
rodolfo

One of the best colognes ever made! (If not the best!)

I can't explain why I love this one so much, but it's probably my favorite of all times.

Super refreshing and sexy. Projects very well for a long time, lasts a lot too. Girls love this stuff!!

The only bad thing about 212 is that it's very, very popular. If it wasn't for that, I would probably only wear this at all times. Amazing!

Projection: 4/5
Versatility: 5/5
Compliments: A lot.
Extreme Compliments: Yes! It's a lady killer.

Overall: 5/5
A true masterpiece!

Addan
Addan

One of the best fragrance
Perfect for summer

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I like it; 212 Men is a good Spring/Summer fragrance. This fragrance last 4-6 hours and the projection is average on my skin, which is okay for this type of fragrance. I find 212 to be a day scent...not sure how anyone finds this one to be sexy or sensual, but whatever floats your boat. Overall, while I like this very green scent, I have dozens of warm weather scents that I prefer wearing over this one.

headofstate
headofstate

Alberto Morillas is a true master of conveying an incredible range of diverse moods and climates into his palette as an artist. 212 is the prototypical spring fragrance, it captures the essence of mid spring, after the flowers have bloomed and the misty morning dew has reasserted its dominance over the morning aroma. This is grassy, gingery and aromatic with the right subtle touch of musk and spices that still allow 212 to come off basically green and uplifting despite its note complexity and density The grapefruit here adds a great deal of energy to the standard ginger and aromatic pyramid while balancing the more synthetic elements of the green grass here, giving it a far more balanced compositional tone to it that manages to be fresh, invigorating and uplifting yet earthy and spicy as well. One of the few great mainstream successes that doesn't owe that much to name brand recognition or a huge marketing campaign. 212 came up word of mouth and through no nonsense packaging that let the scent do most of the talking for it. There are lighter, greener and more herbal versions of this that are extremely pleasing, see Calvin Klein's underrated Truth, but this is a stalwart, landmark creation that expanded dramatically on the Calvin Klein Eternity concept. Longevity on my skin excels between 50 and 75 Fahrenheit, where performance ranges consistently between 8-12 hours. In the winter this flickers out much quicker, to 4-6 and in summer heat around 6-9 depending. A great spring staple, easy to wear, versatile, inoffensive and timeless. A modern classic.

stanley___
stanley___

Try to find 212 men before reformulation (without NYC on the box ). It's really much better and lasts very long. Reformulated version sucks. It's just a fraction of what presents the "old" version.

kaysee
kaysee

I really like it.
It is masculine. Not my fave, but I do like it a lot.
(who cares if it's on the 'mainstream' side?)

One of the few fragrances that I cannot describe what it smells like. But it's good.
I'd say I mostly get the same scent from beginning till dry down.

Longevity on me around 6 hours. Projection is good.
I do get compliments on 212 MEN.
Girls like it, guys like it.

Diorius
Diorius

IMO good but lacks longevity and sillage... less masculine than I thought

ergun.can.ilhan
ergun.can.ilhan

great scent for spring and summer but lacks longevity

sammy_k
sammy_k

I would like to smell this again. I wore it in high school, but I hated it. I thought it was too peppery, woodsy and strong. But I was a child then, what did I know about fragrance!

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

sangat populer di negara beriklim tropis seperti di indonesia, dengan notes yg sangat green dan fresh. seperti rumput hijau yg segar dan baru di potong.. ketahanan sangat lama di kulit saya. kompliment getter!!!

nonsisa
nonsisa

A bouquet consisting of spices, ginger and lavender transforms this scent into a head turner. With the green notes in the front it becomes cool.

The downside is that it is nothing extraordinary and its dubious if its special enough, except for the basenotes which are lovely. It's not bad but there are other creations by Morillas I adore more.

Victor Marucci
Victor Marucci

English
Initially this perfume caused disgust me with a nauseating smell of lemon and ginger ...

But over time I realized it was very good on rainy days ... in mild climates ..
What I like most is it the smell of lavender with violet and gardenia.
Notes entry are half bad .. but worth the heart and base ...

I like it .. but do not overdo it ... a spritz on each side of the ear and voila!

The little makes it special!

_____________________________________________________

Portugues

Inicialmente esse perfume me causou repulsa com um cheiro enjoativo de limão com gengibre...

Mas com o tempo percebi que era muito bom em dias chuvosos... em climas amenos..
O que mais gosto nele é o cheiro de lavanda com violeta e gardenia.
Notas de entrada são meio ruins.. mas vale pelas de coração e de base...

Gosto muito.. mas não exagere... uma borrifada em cada lado da orelha e pronto!

O pouco faz dele especial e elegante!

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I've been reading reviews on FRAGRANTICA solidly every day for a while now, one of the most telling responses I've noticed is how those houses with fewer, but more considered fragrances(releasing every 4-5 or more years) dominate the positive reviews and don't come under any fire like those that whack out a flanker every few MONTHS! It seems Carolina Herrera is one of those examples of the former. I can see that even though there are summer editions, they are only intended to be a momentary change from the original. With the exclusion of the summer fragrances there are still only three 212 fragrances. All very definitive and confident, all with a specific consumer type in mind. The original 212 Men is OVERTLY masculine. Not in the way that MEN think they HAVE to smell to other men or women, but rather how women want their man to smell. I believe this was Carolina Herrera's brief anyway with her fragrances and it shows in the following these fragrances have and the positive reviews. This fragrance just seems to epitomise manly stuff! Outdoors, freshness from the notes of gardenia, pepper, cut grass, musks and sandalwood that give an overall slight bittersweetness throughout the fragrance that could be either, trees, sweat, metal or cleanly showered. There is no manicured, moisturised, face-masked and dandy foppishness with 212 Men. This is for a man who has a list of jobs to do and is going to get them done. That's a given. Even the bottle gets this message across with its' "I'm a metal canister and good stuff comes out of me. Full stop.". And the magnetic cap? What man doesn't like magnets... and stuff that 'clicks'? We love stuff that clicks! And 212Men clicks! It's not a 'fun' fragrance like 212SexyMen or 212VIPMen, but it does create a straightforward manly allure. Direct. To the point. Long lasting. You should choose this for your day fragrance knowing that it will last and be reliable. It is steadfast and resilient against all the fly-by-night boy racers' smells before they grow up and choose a real fragrance, not just one that lives for a couple of hours then gives up for the rest of the day.

matheus.emer
matheus.emer

pleasant greener top! i find it so much vesatile, like to where it to the college, and even going out on some evenings. In my opnion, as a newbie in fragrances, i found it a very good perfume, must have in my collection!

smoj
smoj

I just tried this in a shop, when i was looking for summer frags.

When i first smelt 212, one thing came to mind. Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Sport

very very very smilier.

that said, i didn't hang around long enough to compare the dry downs or the longevity.

burgundyaltima

i only receive compliments from older women... a younger female said she didn't like it and that it smells like musk... she's right the dry down is very musky but i still love it!

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

Just OK!
Not sure why this is one of the most sold male cologne worldwide!
Nothing special about it!

Pranav
Pranav

This one I use for occassions or partys or whenever I wear T-Shirt and Jeans.
This is really fresh and mild aromatic. Really good fragrance. I own 50mil bottle. Waiting for offer on 100mil bottle. This one is not for MEN but for boys or for a male under 30. Not hardcore MANs fragrance I feel. It kind smells unisex to me. But still this one is to have it in your arsenal.

I do 4-6 sprays. I go bit generous when I use it. :-)

jackfort
jackfort

Fresh scent with medium sillage and longevity.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I don´t know if I "like" it or "love" it. I think I love it, but there are easily 8 fragrances I like over this one. Maybe it sounds wierd, but on me, it smells like violet bubblegum, very nice, a very unique smell. But I´ve smelled it on some other people and smells like a good thing, but mixed with body odor, wierd.

gargaum
gargaum

Generic green and citrus notes along with an overpowering floral accord, witch makes it very potent. The spray also makes sure you use a lot of it each and every time. Some love the trace it leaves (excellent sillage). I had it and used a whole bottle, but now it just makes me sick.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Wow! Why didn't I sample this a long time ago? I should have known being an Alberto Morillas creation that it would be love at first smell. This is definitely on my "want" list. Spices, ginger, & lavender mixed with grapefruit & bergamot give it that fresh aquatic feel similar in ways to Bleue de Chanel and another Morillas creation Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale. I would say this is pretty close to both of those juices minus the mint note. Is it original? Probably not. Does it smell great? Definitely yes!

ameer014
ameer014

I know most people here say this smell synthetic, I don't care what people say, I've been wearing this fragrance for almost 6 years and I will always have a bottle of this beauty, I just love the smell of this stuff and never get tired of it, It's unique because it does not smell like anything else and nothing else smells like it, A great summer scent, Love it.

class
class

I know the old saying goes, "Don't knock it until you try it." But I'm leary of trying any sauce that has gardenia flower in it, because I feel that the sweetly powder gardenia flower is mostly a female-note and therefore too feminine for men to wear. Because of this I'm not going to try 212.

usas
usas

I just don't get the raving reviews I see here. Based on those, I bought a (used) bottle.

Bleh.

The top notes are okay, I can see the cut grass referrals. But almost immediately a sort of synthetic creamy smell joins the party as an uninvited guest. I find it hard to describe this, the only word that comes to me is "weird". Also: "nasty". Don't like it at all.

I have never smelled 212 on someone (although it seemed to be quite popular, reading the comments below), nor will anyone ever smell this on me.

3,5/10

megat.akmal
megat.akmal

Worth for a blind buy. The scent is really gorgeous, classy yet masculine! Definitely will be my latest signature fragrance!

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

This one is so masculine and sexy! I love smelling it on guys around me! If I were a man I would definitely wear it!

teteuzinhu
teteuzinhu

O Perfume Masculino mais manjado da história. Virem o disco.

NHIndian24
NHIndian24

I've heard a couple people say this smells similar to axe Apollo; is this true? I actually like that a scent of axe, but I don't want to waste the money on a bottle of axe that will wear off after 20 minutes.

TravelAge

Nothing like this....GREEN & FRESH!!

Couldn't find any similar to 212 MEN!

Critic
Critic

Not an aquatic.

A grassy green fragrance with a strong white musk drydown. Comes off as stuffy and thick thanks to the pepper. Full bodied.

I don't find it to be particularly fresh. Rather warm.

Sillage and longevity both ridiculous.

10/10.

rossw117
rossw117

Perfect young man's fragrance. Can see anyone this being worn in any situation, definitely a scent I would reccommend to buy for a first fragrance.

markpadilla13
markpadilla13

for me, it's perfect for evening. Spring or autumn nights

Hassanirq
Hassanirq

212 men is a very fresh clean but at the same time develops into a musky and very masculine fragrance. Great longevity and projection on my skin. Opening notes are very fresh but the dry down is very sexy and musky thats why I liked to use it in the fall and spring evenings not in the summer because where I live the summer is very hot.

galoguiu
galoguiu

212 Men is the best perfume best sellers in the world. Only this makes a great perfume. Many use 212 because it is really great. Aroma tasty, fixing and long projection. I have several perfumes, but the 212 is ahead of many. Everyone should try it. Women love. What more to say as the opposite sex always praises? Incredible!! THUMBS UP!!!

100CAN
100CAN

Завиждам хората, които за първи път ще използват парфюма. Чудесен е. .

Tfons
Tfons

Anyone and everyone should blind buy this. There are pros and cons to everything, yes I know. But this cologne right here has absolutely NO cons whatsoever. It lasts long, projects amazingly on skin which is rather rare. Women will compliment you everywhere you go. Best cologne ever. It lasts WEEKS yes WEEKS. You spray this once on any of your favorite shirts and you'll love that shirt even more. I could go on for days explaining how great this cologne is honestly. Just buy it, seriously.. Buy this cologne!

TravelAge

Something quench your thirst is this one.

The green is mixed amazing way, no one can figure that out!

Best, n must have for green lovers who want to fly with its breeze. All day your companion, giving you a better company.

Amr's
Amr's

just try by urself...love it.

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

very masculine spicy and fresh with good longevitivity and sillage, a must have perfume.

Go4broke
Go4broke

Unbelievably, this is my most complemented fragrance by far. And I have Aventus, GIT, LIDGE, to name but a few. Very versatile.

djews
djews

Like someone wrote in an earlier review, that this one is one that you just some how never tried even though you knew it would be good. I have done the same and tried it the other day, and wow its a beauty! It fits in that popular category but it definitely brings its own brand to the table, its unique for sure. Brilliant cologne as is 212 sexy also. Lingers for hours as well. I'm very impressed, will be one that always gets a run regardless of which season it is, great versatility.

212 Men is a rather alluring masculine. I can see why so many women love the way it smells on their men.

I would describe 212 Men as a green musky scent. It also has a soft aromatic quality. Many complain that the citrus accords are too sharp in this composition, however I disagree. The citrus opening, which includes grapefruit, bergamot and petitgrain is smooth and pleasant on my skin.

212 Men has the potential to be unisex, but I must admit that I prefer smelling this fragrance on a man. It would make an excellent Spring and Summer scent, however seeing that it's not overly crisp, it could be worn all year round.

I'm not a huge fan of fresh, citrusy masculine scents, so the complexity and muskiness of 212 Men really appeals to me. Yes, it can smell a tad metallic at times, but not in a way that is unpleasant, at least not according to my nose.

Unfortunately 212 Men's lasting power let me down. Four hours after the first application and it's barely detectable on my skin. I am a little disappointed in that regard. Nevertheless, I do enjoy this fragrance and hope to smell it on more men.

markart123
markart123

I blind bought a bottle of this a few days ago. I've seen it in the stores many times, but always skipped smelling it out or getting a sample as I arrogantly thought it was too popular and a 90's fragrance. What a mistake! I really love everything about this.

When you first spray it, the scent seems a bit too potent, but that goes away within 10 seconds as the alcohol evaporates. It starts with that amazing "green" note right off the top. Everyone describes a cut grass note, but I don't get that. I get the scent of fruit tree leaves that gradually turn into a spicy floral. Beautiful notes! It defiantly has a salty aquatic vibe going on in the background too, just very subdued. Dries down to a pleasant sandle wood/musk note.

The mid floral notes give this one its freshness and are the best part of it in my opinion. It's hard to beat this one as a clean scent.

This can be used for many different occasions, but shines as a casual scent. It's best for day to day use for office wear, college classes, or going out for drinks. It projects well and last all day with 3-4 sprays.

This fragrance has been around for a long time for a reason. It doesn't disappoint.

Layzie
Layzie

This is a fresh, clean scent which has great longevity. I can smell it all day on my skin. It's unobtrusive and works great for a day at the office.

It opens with a citrusy spice combo with some floral notes peeking through. 212 feels as though you have just stepped out of the shower! After half an hour passes, the musk arises. There's a slightly smoky masculinity to it, as well.

Is it a unique fragrance that will be noticed? No. But it is well-suited to wear on days you want to smell musky and clean without being imposing.

Idlehands
Idlehands

I don't. Know what took me so long to get this, but shame on me. I feel like I wasted my twenties never having this in my collection. Well, I just purchased this and it is soooo good. Fresh, green and spicy. You can wear this at any age and its so versatile it's good for home, office, special events, romantic situations. Women love it, men love it. It's really nice.

ltj559
ltj559

A very decent fresh-spicy blend. Great for the office or after the gym. Very sporty in a good way, and decent projection and sillage. Overall a very good all around scent with a lot of versatility.

GMK
GMK

Very safe office scent if you do not want to disturb any one, soft , smooth spicy sweet more like a deo spray. years ago i use to wear it alot infact it was a go to scent , but now I am more focused on the complex and innovative fragrances. A good choice for the starters though.

manzoor86
manzoor86

lets talk about the beauty,
its holding the beauty of freshness,the beauty of greenry,the beauty of spring flowers,cold water and wet grass,only the nose of carolina herrara can perceive such idea,when i first sniffed it,i found it much near to Bvlgari Aqva Marine,but i found it more finer and more sophisticated,thank you so much for the recommendation mr.aafridi ;(
silage 3/5
longevity 3.5/5
juice up up up
overall 4/5

Definite green notes, zesty, bit of spice really like this one!
I remember when it came out and a pretty young lady in Boots sprayed it on a card and handed it to me in passing. I stuffed it in my pocket and forgot about it pretty much.
Then a few days later I realised my coat pocket smelled incredible...I've had various bottles since and never looked back...and it's been out for years!
It's very wearable and sporty...I'm aware there's lots of variants and an array of 212s out there but this original one is great.

sagarmr
sagarmr

Green, cozy, elegant, sporty and fresh! The best summer colonge I have ever had!

Brandon_4078
Brandon_4078

I bought a sample of this summer powerhouse to give it a whirl. Based on performance alone I would be buying this if it wasn't for one nit pick I have with it. It just comes off too floral on my skin.

I love the top notes of citrus, green, and a little spice which comes off as citrus and fresh cut grass. In the heart the fresh cut grass/green continues but on my skin this is where I get a lot of floral too (I think from the Gardenia). The fragrance is pretty linear after this with a some woods rolling in on the dry down.

This is a great preforming summer fragrance, and I haven't smelt any other summer scents that performs like this one. I get 10+ hours every time and it projects very well though most of it.

Great fragrance with great performance, just too floral on my skin for my tastes.

saransh
saransh

this thing is awesome as hell 5-6 hrs projection 9-10 hrs longevity fresh inoffensive you name it .
Generic ? na not to me im a fragrance collecter so i know what generic fragrances smell like , no similar fragrance has the freshness or longevity like this one, a must have in my opinion , this might just become my long awaited signature fragrance for college :D

Ichariot
Ichariot

This is a very likable scent to me. But I'd like to highlight the word "likable".

The smell is pleasant indeed, it doesn't smell cheap either, and I can't imagine anyone disliking the smell itself.

The reason why I did not buy this is, that I find it way too generic, even if it doesn't smell cheap like those 10 bucks department store sprayers.. The perfume was aimed to please crowds, and it's just logical to maximize the income. Too bad when the motive is such, the result is more often than not, generic.

To please as many as possible, you have to hit the gray area and you end up with something that is "nice", "pleasant", "ok", "good times", but never "mindblowing", "out-of-this-world", or "extremely extraordinary".

If you are looking for a trusty and a good masculine perfume, buy it! If you're looking for something very special, I'd keep looking for a bit more.

That's just me though =)

SparkyMarky
SparkyMarky

I had this fragrance for a few times and I kinda like it....Classic in Casual way. Great bottle design. Some of my friends says the smell it's kinda boring but I couldn't get bored with it....

hog
hog

Great summer scent. The projection is heavy IMO and the longevity is out of this world ESPECIALLY if on clothes. In the mornings i will hit my pulse points and will still smell it on my clothes 3 days later even though they've been sitting in a hamper.

Dries down to a nice mellow scent. Can't be beat for the money.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I got 100ml of this for £25 which was a bargain. This isn't the type of fragrance I go for but I highly respect this one and rate it very highly.

On me it opens up soft but bright citrus and grassy green, I also think I can detect some light woody sandalwood in there. The opening is nice fresh and clean.

From here the fragrance gradually begins to go spicy and musky with hints of floral in the background. The heart is very well balanced and blended. From here the fragrance mellows out and becomes more woody.

Reminds me of jogging through a park on a warm sunny morning, with the wet cut grass, flowers and trees were other animals have been.

Great silage feels sticky.Longevity is great as well 10+hours. Perfect for daily use. Very good fresh, spicy, green woody fragrance. more reviews at mrproductreview.com

First wearing and I'm getting lots of spice with obvious but mild wood notes. It's nicely blended and likely smells good to those around, without any irritating "synthetic" qualities (no metallic off notes, iso e super overload, "fresh" aroma chemicals, "laundry" musk, etc.). The violet is more of a background hum, and I don't get the "green" notes - it's certainly not strong galbanum. It's rather dry, with just a touch of sweetness, and an obscure, light fruitiness, so overall it's a good office/school scent, especially in warmer weather. However, you can get Baryshnikov Sport at low prices now so I would go for that one instead. Though the "fresh" aroma chemicals are more obvious in that one, it has more note contrast and I find it more interesting. I've got more than half of a 50 ml bottle of 212 to swap for those interested (USA only). Longevity was excellent and projection ("sillage") just right with one spray to the chest.

dmirror
dmirror

Nice fragrance classic i remember this from H.S. my older brother had it I can't explain the scent but it smells good its worth adding to your lineup I just bought a couple weeks ago for the summer

hornetz
hornetz

The bottle looks straight out of a Sci Fi movie, perhaps resembling a fuel cell canister. The all metal design and magnetic cap along with Manhattan's area code looks great on the shelf. The best way to describe this scent is green. A summer time fresh cut grass zesty green with a dollop of white musk. The dry down gets slightly powdery and the flowery notes are prominent.Then the dance of sandalwood and vetiver begins; with the longevity of 6hrs and sillage above average. This is an all season wonder which is very versatile and an excellent candidate to be a signature.

juan carlos.henriquez

otro encanto este perfume huele tan fresco limpio y muy sofisticado, tambien atrae su olor a mujeres de tu alrededor, inmejorable para adolecentes y hombres jovenes y tambien para adultos de espiritu jovial y noble, este sin ser un perfume nocturno actua muy bien como perfume de citas y eventos nocturnos por lo atractivo q es.

RGR
RGR

Once upon a time I smelled this from a distance and I loathed it with passion. I didn't know who the torturer was but I was being tortured and suffocated against my will. I was weak and I couldn't run away. I tried and I could even taste it in the air. It was like hell in slow motion. This impression lasted a long time. From then on I acted like a rape victim, I panicked and ran for another direction every time I saw the bottle or sensed a hint of the aroma.

Years later I realize I hated this because I smelled it on the wrong person. It was like a pop star trying to sing an aria without playback. He was bathing in this and I was too young to understand. I think he was also too young to understand too or maybe foolish enough to use this without measure.

212 Men is a fresh, spicy and quite green cologne. I really don't know why you would bathe in perfume and randomly suffocate people on the street. I don't understand how someone could ruin this jewel. Worn on the right skin and on the right occasion this is heavenly. Heavenly! It is quite masculine, sexy and classy. I can see a man with a vibrant and unique personality wearing this.

It took a handsome man in a tailored tux for me to be able to like this again. And I had to lean in to smell it. I discovered the spices and a grass-like tone to it. I saw it was more complex and I felt it had become more understated because it was the dry-down I was experiencing. It was success because this time he had known how to wear it. This is the magic to cologne.

I know you have heard this before but please men out there, be gentle. You can spray on strategic points before dressing, have the right skin chemistry, wear cologne to enjoy it and no one will get hurt. In fact, the right person will lean in more, I promise.

Jay88
Jay88

A very good fragrance - one of the most versatile on the market.

Popular, but unique - very calming fresh metallic green fragrance that is just perfect for a sunny day in Spring.

Great for someone that just wants one good all rounder.

I found it a little bit boring at first but it really grows on you.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Of all the fragrances for men I have ever had the pleasure of sampling, nothing else has my heart in the way that 212 does. It gets me complimented every time I wear it.

Opening: Right away 212 makes a bold impression. Smooth sandalwood accented by a ginger and spice infused cocktail. I would say its inspired, bordering divinely so.

Sillage: Fantastic. Its summer here now so I only need a few sprays to stand out from the crowds of guys wearing citrusy flankers that dominate the season. 1-3 feet for 3-4 hours on me.

Longevity: Good. 3-4 hours, respectable time. Not incredible but then its an EDT. But the scent itself at the 4 hour mark is still there, close enough for, well, a close encounter to discover ;)

Gripes: Other than wishing for a stronger EDP to boost longevity (which I might easily improve somewhat by layering), I believe, I have none!

Best for: Holy cow, when cant you where this one!? Its "inoffensive" enough for the office, suave enough for the evening and playful enough for the rest of the day. Although its woodsy-spicy side would lend it to fall/winter, it dries down sweetly, meaning for me, its a year-rounder.

Overall: Carolina Herrera 212 is one of my very favorite fragrances ever, and thats counting some very high end niche fragrances I've tried. It comes on with spices and ginger and wood, but leaves with the same notes blending into a sweetly subtle swirl late in the day. Its no shock to me that Morillas and Gottlieb are in the list behind this one. Its original, diverse and totally masculine. When a cute girl comes up behind me at the cafe and tells me I smell amazing, that's when I invest in another bottle.

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

Realmente é uma Grande Obra-Prima de Alberto Morillas!

212 Men é cítrico, especiado, amadeirado, verde,muito fresco, confortável, moderno, jovem e masculino.

Um dos melhores perfumes que existe!

A melhor versatilidade que existe!
Fresco e verde para o dia
Levemente amadeirado e especiado para a noite.

Compraria novamente!

Fragrância/Fragrance: 10/10
Fixação/ Longevity: 9/10 (8 hours)
Projeção/ Sillage: 10/10
Versatilidade/ Versatillity: 10/10
Try/ Buy/ Pass:  Buy

A Really MasterPiece of Alberto Morillas!

It's Citrus, Spicy, Woody, Green, very fresh, confortable, modern, young and manly.

One of the best perfum that had been created!

The Best versatility that is!
Fresh and green for Day-time
Soft woody and spicy for Night-time.

I 'll buy it again!

kerosene
kerosene

I recently purchased 212 Men at Ross, for a reasonable price. 212 Men is a very nice, masculine, office-safe, every day fragrance for spring and summer.

The longest-lasting notes are what matter to me, and the drydown of 212 Men reminds me of Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme (BAPH), which I own and enjoy. During my test wearings, 212 Men did not have the projection of BAPH, so I gave away 212 Men, to avoid fragrance duplication.

If you're looking for a masculine, office-safe, every day fragrance for spring and summer, 212 Men is a very good choice.

burgundyaltima

This cologne started my obsession lol..but I refuse to pay RETAIL price for this, not worth it!.. Another alternative to this is Blvgari Soir smells verryy similar

Bergamot, grapefruit, green notes. I'm so over all the green+citrus+lavender going on in men's fragrance. Anyway from there it's very soft gardenia and powdery violets. 212 Men turns very floral on me with a hint of guaiac.
I actually prefer the 212 Men New York body spray (scent wise). It's similar, but fresher and less played out.

Xeley
Xeley

This is practically my very first scent I've ever bought. At first spray it was VERY grassy followed by fresh spices after some time. When it's dry you can smell traces of fresh musk, still with the green smell hovering making it a perfect mix.

Is it a good thing? Yes! I love it completely! It's such a fresh scent and where I live, not too common.
I've been wearing it just a few a days since I bought it and have already gotten compliments from girls. Stopping to say "Just checking if it was you who smelled so good" followed by "It's the best I've ever smelled!"

Do note I believe this is probably for younger people. I'm 20 and that's the age group I socialize in mostly.

dascagdas
dascagdas

ı try this and versace eros today and ı haven't made up my mind so what can i do ? this or eros ?

overwest
overwest

This one will be a blind buy for me this summer.

empowered82
empowered82

This stuff is delicious! It's one of the few fragrances "made for men" that I will wear. I usually tend to stay away from anything overly "masculine" or anything with even a hint of musk. This one is a great versatile fragrance. I get tons of compliments. Incidentally, I have found that a lot of the fragrances that I love get low marks and a lot of negative comments on Fragrantica. I used to rely heavily on the opinions and reviews of others on this site and ended up with several ATROCIOUS scents such as MontBlanc Individuel, Hanae Mori HM, & Lolita Lempicka au Masculin to name a few. All have very high marks here but smell terrible to me. But anyway, I digress...love this stuff!!!!

jestech
jestech

My nose isn't nearly as trained as most folks on here, so I won't try to identify the notes. It reminds me a lot of Creed Millesime Imperial's top notes, which for me is a good thing. On me, it's one of my few summer fragrances with great longevity. Overall it's a good fragrance for the price.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

When Herrera for men first came out in 91', I bought my first frag and I was never disappointed. Just recently I bought 212 Herrera for men without trying it, I was pleasantly surprised. When I first spray it I could smell the spices notes combined with green notes... both give this frag a masculine and energetic vib to this fragrance. After it settles it has a pleasant aroma of bergamot and gardenia which has a fresh appeal. The labdanum and musk give it a solid base note which is not over powering yet long lasting. The incense gives this frag a rich aroma (masculine) which wears well after it settles several hours later.
I use this fragrance mostly during the daytime, it last at least 6 hours. There isn't a day that doesn't go by without someone giving me a compliment. I would really recommend to those who enjoy a variety without it being overbearing. A first class fragrance which is well worth its money... 9/10 in my books

Stoycho
Stoycho

I love this one!

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Curious as to why the fixed price for the 100ml went up to $80.00!

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

212, My first experience with this fragrance was when I smelt it a friend, and I was instantly intrigued and mesmerised by this fresh, grassy and spicy mix of orgasmic fragrance. I asked what it was, and 2 months Later I got my own bottle. I am in Love with this fresh spicy green scent. It is an Understated, charmer.
212 opens up with a blast of lemon, greens, and a metallic undertone. It gives way to hints of lavender and the spices keep dancing around this whole composition, the guaic wood and musk pull it through till the final drydown, with sandalwood giving a soft bed for these 3 to make a relaxing, calm, casual base.
I love this fragrance, for one that its not your generic aquatic cologne and it has a sensual sugar veil, as if florals were left in the sun sprinkled with sugar water. Really clean, green and sexy.
This and XS are my 2 ultimate summer frags.
8 out of 10

rudwat
rudwat

Quite an unusual scent and quite a lot going on here.

I first bought it in 2008 and found it quite sharp and clinical. My most recent purchase, I found it To be softer and fruitier. I half finished the bottle before giving it to my brother.

I picked up the floral, fruity and ginger notes, but I don't detect spice. A complex fragrance that doesn't change much As the day goes on. Excellent longevity it must be noted. But I don't feel it should command its premium pricetag given its popularity.

You will smell like many other people.

smkonink
smkonink

As a woman I think that this is one of most sensual on a man. I do not get powdery but more a combination of musk, incense, pepper and citrus. Even though this is not a gourmand it makes me interestingly hungry as well.

FEYISETAN
FEYISETAN

Great Scent! Fantastic sillage....

Quite harsh on first sprays....mellows for a while....

longevity is good......my first use was better...guess my nose organs are saturated with the scent already...thats why i cant note the longevity.......

suyabara
suyabara

212 starts with sharp, very green and fresh opening, you'll get that spicy cut grass feel to it combined with citrus. after about an hour, it starts to warm you up. the citrus replaced by ginger and a lot of pepper. the grass is still there but it's fading away. i do get the floral notes but it's very light. and in the end it dries down into a woody musky type of fragrance.

it's versatile. you can wear it to office or college. especially if there is an air conditioner in your room you can go with it. basically it's a spring time or cooler summer day fragrance.

longevity : 10/10. 10+ hours on my skin. great longevity.
projection : 7/10. at least a guy next to me can smell me when i'm wearing this, moderate projection i would say.
scent : 8/10. compliment factor in this fragrance is pretty high.
buy/try/pass : if you love green and spicy fragrances, this is an absolute buy IMO. at least get a sample of it.
overall score : 8/10

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

This is a very middle-of-the-road fragrance. It is categorized as woodsy, but I don't smell any, for exception of a light vetiver in the dry down. Certainly floral and green, somewhat spicy, and citrusy. Men 212 is versatile enough to be worn during the day as an alternative to aquatics. Great all-around cologne for daytime wear.

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

what a whack.. !!
I tried to like it but all in vain.
Had to transfer it finally. The problem with fragrance is that its too confusing. its neither citrusy nor woody floral completely. What makes it worse is that it comes with a hefty price tag. I just felt really bad to have spend on this fragrance where i could've bought some really good juice. I would never recommend this.

karel.hoch
karel.hoch

I couldn't stand the smell. It was like somebody took a pee on a haystack, yuck! I resold it to my friend right away and he got a few compliments. The message is - this frag is definitely not a candidate for a blind buy..

iowahawkeye63
iowahawkeye63

I like the green notes of this but the longivity on my skin is very poor ....4 hrs at most ....i wont buy this again because of that.

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 6/10
Projection: 7/10
Versatility: 8/10
Compliments: 8/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Buy
Rating (0-10): 7

Note: I really enjoy the bottle on this one. There's resemblance with the juice, in a good way!

Canda12406
Canda12406

212 is a classic cologne. As you already know, you get that grass metallic note that lasts for awhile. This note is very aromatic and turns heads when walking past someone. For me it lasts about 6 to 8 hours. The scent is very appealing to me but is strange at the same time. I feel as if the smell carries a metal note the whole way but still has its way to be a masculine elegant scent. This cologne is best used for a dressy outfit or with any nice clothes for that matter. I love wearing this when I know people are going to be there. It's good projection makes it perfect for leaving an impression on people you haven't met. I got this for about $50 for 50 ml.

nszlufik
nszlufik

What a drydown! Great fragrance for ANY occasion. Very versatile! Spicy fresh. At first spray its just screams green notes and its kindof annoying to me. After only a few minutes tho it smells great and it all comes together and with time just gets better and better and whats good about this frag is that it has great staying power and lasts!
Green notes, lavendar and spiciness right off the bat with the green notes just almost overbearing (only downside imo, and its only initially) and then gardenia and a pepperiness come in and dry into a nice sandalwood , sweet woodsy musky smell. Its simply wonderful - as a blind buy or not. Its not too too light - you wont have to search too hard to realize you have a fragrance on but it isnt heavy. Try it! Get a small bottle and realize that it will go a long way!
UPDATE: Loveed the dry down but the Greenness was too much and lasted a little too long. too much Green for me and the Imnot willing to wait for the dry down before going out with this stuff on. That much green was a litte much for me so thisll be something you need to def try for yourself. Def not bad by any means. Still try it!

aucffan1
aucffan1

This is just a beautiful, versatile and needed cologne in any collection..

I just sugessted this for all my Facebook friends who are looking for a cologne to buy as a Christmas gift this year (2012)..

Really one of my favorites..

Omega Man
Omega Man

Named for a New York City area code, 212 is a quality good smelling metallic-sweet-floral-musk. Smells fresh and interesting but I think only young men can pull it off successfully.

Swahili
Swahili

بدون تعليق العطر الوحيد في مجموعتي الذي اشتريته لأكثر من خمس مرات ولا زال بحوزتي حتى الآن ولا أمل منه لدرجة أنني أستخدمه قبل النوم حتى وهذا طبعا يدل على رقته
مريح بالنسبة لي رغم أن هناك من يكرهه ولكنني لا ارى ما ينتبذ في رائحته منذ أن عرفته

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Get yourself a lime and a ginger.
rub those two together, and take a sniff!
there you are, a cheaper version of CH 212...
Nice, clean, and a sharp scent of basically lime, (and more lime!) ginger (more and more ginger too) plus the green scent of fresh cut grass. Very long lasting and silage is damn good. The bottle design is genius too.

Do I like it? Absolutely!
Overpriced? well probably...

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is a smell that can work everywhere, everytime and anywhere... It goes well for any occasion, any season, day and night! Extreamly easy going and nicely scented, this is your must have for that day when it seems that everything else fails!

emotions
emotions

Greyfurt ve bargamotun muhteşem uyumuyla başlayan taze ve fresh yolculuk orta ve notalarda bergamotun etkisiyle devam ediyor. Alt notalarında sedir ağacı ve hafif tatlımsı vanilya ile sonlanıyor. Her daim tazelik hissi veren bir parfüm. Gün içerisinde tekrarlayarak sıkıldığında kendinizi mutlu edebilirsiniz. :))

Mannie
Mannie

I do agree with the comment below. This is one of the most versatile scents i have in my collection if not the most. Going clubbing it can work, going to the office it can work, a funeral it can work, a wedding it can work, first date it can work. Its classy an sophisticated yet able to pull of a little wild and exciting all in one magnetic capped bottle. 6-7 hours longevity on me as well as very good silage with a dry down that clings onto clothing for those tight intimate moments 9/10 for its sheer versatility and the scent always gets me compliments.

Kdu
Kdu

This goes with everything, that day you do not know the fragrance to use use it.

AbbieB
AbbieB

My boyfriend wore this on our first proper date and it made my stomach fill with butterflies. Even now when I smell him I feel the same way.....made me fall in love with him !

too young
too young

somehow i feel the smell of burnt hair in it that's why i still haven't bought it((

parfemđija

I use it as fall and winter scent, much better then in summer.. great longevity and sillage, very fresh and clean scent! very good job Carolina.

pria_wangi
pria_wangi

Light version of AIGNER MAN 2

I bought the miniature yesterday from an online shop.

First I spray on my wrist. Top notes was green, citrus and warm, but nothing stand out. It was a bit sharp and clean. Nothing special IMO.

Second, after 30 minutes, I didn't smell the "flowery notes" there. Green n citrus dissapear, and then pepper n ginger comes out a loud.
Much much pepper I think, so this make me little headache/ dizzy. It's weird.
For me, it much like Aigner Man 2 that smell peppery so much.
And I don't like PEPPER at all.

Last, the base notes not much different from mid notes. Pepper is still dominant, but musky.

My opinion after test :
Its not my type. I don't like pepper, so this is not my cup of tea. Although my office partner (woman) give me compliment when I wearing 212 for testing. Trully I ask for her opinion.
She says it was GREAT. She like it.
But still CH 212 not for me...

Projection : 7 / 10
Strengh : 8 / 10
Sillage : 8 / 10
Longetivity: 8 / 10

Note :
Be carefull with the body chemistry.
My friend (man) try this on hot summer day, in lightweight activity, and we found that it become bad smell if mixed with body sweat.
Don't blind buy.... Try it first

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

agree with dellinger

Mr. Creepzz
Mr. Creepzz

In my opinion this fragrance is GREAT!I don't know how they mixed up the components in it,but I feel myself extremely clean wearing this.It makes me feel fresh and full of energy.Definitely unique frag,it's not like others fresh fragrances(aquatic and very similar to each other).A lot of people wrote that it's kind of unisex,girly etc. Frankly, I didn't find any unisex notes in it. It's sweet but VERY LITTLE.It's masculine,but gentle,the right men cologne.Longevity and projection are just awesome!Without a doubt one of my favs.It was,it is,and it will be)

parfemđija

this perfume is feminine for you??? wtf??? :)

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

hmmmm. bought it yesterday. its a fresh and light citrus scent.but i did not find it my cup of tea. First of all its not very masculine, its pretty much feminine. recommended for summer days and nights. I shall be giving it to ma lovely mommy, for sure she gona like it.

hotaru
hotaru

a panty puller.sex bomb.THE Tony Stark of men perfumes.
modern,young,avant-garde,sophisticated, and sexy right from top to base note. if Bvlgari BLV pour homme is Bruce Wayne, this is definitely Tony Stark.

It starts as fruity, green-ish , aquatic scent that explodes from the spray. Wait a minute or two, I notice the bergamot, to me it smells like a very light pomegranate with a hint of citrus; the green-y smell, and that spicy-inexplicable 'come get me'scent that nearly untraceable unless i'm in very close proximity with that man who wears this: my husband.
Then it evolves to be 'wilder' range of musk, floral-fruity, a verrry light scent of ginger and pepper that is dry,tad sweet, but the freshness lingers more than any other musk-fruity-fresh fragrance.The staying power is superb, and it smells reaaallyy good on yesterday's shirt.
the bottle? it's Mark II suit. a bit raw, techie, and oh, didn't I say 'Tony Stark'?
It's worth every dime and it'll give you good time.

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

My first experience of 212 was so memorable I can tell you where I was, what I was doing and who was wearing it. I was in Western United States having been dispatched by my company to do some recruitment. I met up with one of the Regional Managers who was there that day to help me with interviews. All day long there was this smell that sent me spinning but I didn't want to ask what it was at risk of creating a bit of an uncomfortable situation.

Fast forward to today, I've just been shopping. Saw 212 in a box for a bargain so I thought, what the hell? Got it home, opened it up and took the lid off.

There it was, that smell!

It's taken me almost 5 years to discover what it is and I am smitten! I think it's just fantastic. I've never been a fan of sweet scents and I think 212 is perhaps the arch-nemesis to Le Male by Gaultier. I can't stand stand Le Male, I often smell it wafting past me, massively over applied. 212 however, sweet though it is, is the right kind of sweetness to this nose. I think it's heaven and whilst I doubt it smells anything like New York, what I do know is that this is a gift I don't want to give away!

I shall be buying myself another bottle having finally discovered what 'that' smell was all those years ago that left me in a semi-hypnotic trance.

mj9999

Still very expensive in the Philippines....nah, I love this perfume when its raining.... :) Grassy smell but fresh...I havent smelt anything similar to this YET...

keffy
keffy

This is a wonderful scent, if you dont like green grassy like scents, then this one is not for you at all. It has great sillage and longevity, projects quite well and people will smell you, a little bit synthetic, but its definitely a must have in your collection

ariefarh
ariefarh

love it

chukwuebuka212
chukwuebuka212

I've been using 212 for 12yrs; I don't have any plans of stopping; it is the only perfume I have used that got me compliments.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بو کاملا معمولی و زنونه.اصلا هم برای مرد ها نیست.کاملا یونی سکس.

Mridul Chopra
Mridul Chopra

212 Men
My divine flight of fragrances began with the insouciant acquisition of 212 men by Carolina Herrera, so with no doubt this fragrance holds a very special place in my heart. I remember very profoundly my first reaction after sniffing this juice was, just like any other individual out there = hmm yea, I got hit by something very fresh, clean and soapy but somehow it is very unique.
Well this uniqueness in the blend is certainly distinctive enough to mystify any untrained nose. Hence, could very well be the reason of this cologne being widely appreciated, especially in Tropical countries.
Presentation= I thought being a designer house; Carolina Herrera did a reasonable job with the presentation of the bottle. It’s a cylindrical shaped Bottle layered in metallic grey color, which is supported by a magnetic cap. Nice concept but it is hard to relate this bottle with the juice inside, both are poles apart. The sprayer has a wide reach and it works pretty decent. Now this fragrance performs best when you spray more and with a good atomizer, I think it is a safe recipe to ensure that people repurchase this bad boy in quick succession.
Scent= For all the enthusiasts of green smells, this fragrance should certainly be sitting at the top of their list. This fragrance opens up with a flash of moist and fresh cut-green grass note, which is very well supported by a crispy ginger smell and allusion of lavender. The fluent partnership of these notes lasts for at least one hour, ensuring the opening of the smell to be pleasantly unusual. After an hour or so, ginger note starts losing its influence on the fragrance and tames down enough to bring forth the sweet creaminess of the florals. The sweetness is not overwhelming, it is very tender and for some reason the projection of the scent remains potent throughout this phase. The makers made sure that the sweet and gentle florals notes didn’t affect the projection of the scent. Eventually musk emerges in the last segment of the dry down and fosters the scent till it fades away completely. The life of the fragrance is at least 8-10 hours on any given day, which is an ace for a spring/summer fragrance. There are good numbers of ingredients employed for this juice, but that doesn’t make it a complicated scent. The fragrance can be easily used for multiple intentions, hence amplifies the versatility factor to a great extent. So anyone who wants to smell good should reach out for this offering from Carolina Herrera.
Analogy= This fragrance celebrates its 13th birthday this year, but it still smells very much modern. I imagine a contemporary green house garden in the middle of a city on a nice summer morning. This garden is enclosed by the glass walls, so the smell of the fresh grass and flowers doesn’t escape and easily mingles up into a sensuous scent cloud. A man who just took a shower with a ginger shower gel enters the garden in a white T- shirt and Blue jeans, lies down on the grass bed and waits to feel, the first warming rays of the sun to kiss his face.

meshary007
meshary007

Tonight is your night ... You are number one

Yes that's what you feel thank you Alberto Morillas

opens worm dark Spices & Incense mixed in green tobacco & leather .
dry down leather Spices .
but on your skin is a different story the dry down some how cleen and sopy .

scent 9.8/10
Longevity 7.5/10

One more thing ... You will get her number

Alphonse.lebere
Alphonse.lebere

This fragrance is awesome. I bought it as a blind buy and I am very happy with it. It is nothing like anything I have ever smelled. I don't have vast experience with frags but I think this one is unique. I can't really explain it other than sweet, musky, fresh cut grass, and tea that somehow creates something creamy. Don't over spray this, you will make everyone around you nauseated including yourself. One spray on the chest with maybe one weak spray on each wrist. Don't use this while doing anything physically that makes you sweat, like work, it will project like a pig. Better for a relaxed picnic or a cool game of Golf. I wouldn't suggest a blind buy but it's definitely worth checking out. 4.5/5. Thanks for reading.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

Nice fragrance but nothing special..
6.5/10
smells a bit like soap simple and inoffensive

Hasan603

من كه خيلي خوشم مياد هنوزم
4 بار خريدمش و اتكلان مورد علاقه ي منه با اينكه از نظر خيلي ها اصلا شاخ نيست
من كه باهاش خاطرات خوبي دارم و بوش برام خيلي شاده

Lance

I like smelling this on me, but not on other people. Weird!!!

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

The main accords list is very true!
It's fresh but has spicy-warm factor, green, woody, citrus-y..
Clean but has elegant side, invigorates, modern, office friendly, perfect for daily use..
For me there's not overly chemical smelling..
Oooohh yeah.. it's make me smile everytime i inhale it's very comforting aroma.. ^^

Caution :
Could be a lil' bit overwhelming in a very hot hot day..
Has some sweet factor on the initial spray, but not to much.. the sweetness is still on masculine-side.. & it becomes less prominen through the dry down..

Sexy?
Yes.. but not in your face sexy-ness for sure.. ^^
it's more like a very comfortable scent.. always make me wanna hug my man.. sooo comfortable scent.. ^^

waine
waine

With a recent renewed love for good cologne, I was pondering on this one for a few days after being tempted to buy a street corner fake 212 Men. Initially this con caused me to fall in love with this scent. I eventually indulged in the 100ml bottle with the nifty magnetic lid.

The internet will reveal that this is very popular cologne, worldwide having been around for over a decade. And it is understandable why this is so. For me this is gentle, unobtrusive fragrance which is a “safe” personal investment for everyday use, especially for the office where I want to smell great.

For me, the predominant top notes are definitely spices, a hint of lavender which I don’t like in principal but this is a sort of masculine lavender. The Bergamot is there but the green notes are the most predominant followed by the ever present musk. I see what they mean by the freshly cut grass smell. A slight baby powder smell is present after the first few seconds but it settles quickly.

The only middle notes I detect is a slight pepper with a dash of delightful violet. This is extremely appealing.

The base notes are the big personal attraction. I can understand why incense is included in the description as it is subtly there. Ironically I detest the smell of incense, but this one works somehow. The dry down is awesome, the gentle musk somehow does it does it for me, leaving me feeling potentially sexy, confident and appealing to those around me.

I can also see why some reviewers say that this may pass for a unisex perfume, and this has turned into a bit of a grey area with me. I get this feminine perfume notion sometimes which makes me doubt if I will buy it again. 212 Men does however make me feel energized and clean.

I will edit my review after a few weeks as I believe this is the true test of any perfume.

Generally speaking this stuff is nice, versatile and recommended. It’s easy to see why it is liked by a wide audience.

Overall rating 3.5/5

Update:

A good few weeks later 212 Men keeps my original 3.5 rating, only for two reasons - LONGEVITY, which is highly disappointing and a crying shame actually. Secondly, it is a little on the boring, plain, safe side for me. Perhaps I expected so much more. CH 212 is simply OK for office use, and “nice to have” that’s all. I need something on my shelf that has more life, more spice, more balls, more adventure. I will buy 212 Sexy Men way ahead of this.

This will be my last bottle.

andy
andy

nice woody floral musk type of fragrance with a lot of appeal. It may seem femnine for a guy but women love it. I would buy this but I already have burberry touch which i think smells similar enough to this

GreenMan
GreenMan

Very nice and inoffensive. And boring. Totally a unisex fragrance according to my nose. :) Wouldn´t buy or try it again.

omarilm1
omarilm1

Finally got this today its so soft. I really thought it was stronger ill try it all day tomorrow

MQS
MQS

this is the thing that i hate about carolina herrera
each one of their perfumes have been reformulated ..

i'm not going to but any of their perfumes anymore

the classic herrera , 212 and chic all of them changed to the worest

212 now it's filled with musk

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

This is a light scent that is almost powdery. It is unisex almost to me. I like it.

alexklempay
alexklempay

212 I find to be interesting... what really makes this stand out for me is using it as an enhancer for another cologne I already have. When I mix the two, I get a godly smelling fragrance. 212 on its own is sort of floral, grassy, and sweet. It's intriguing, but nothing too extraordinary.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A stunning scent, which is one of the best, which lightens up the day, invigorates and is fresh ,and strangely never gets booring, which can happen to many of its peers...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-5 mins - Nothing much

5 mins - 4 hours. 1.5 foot projection. In my experience, you need 6 sprays as a minimum, anything less does not let the scent appear in all of its beauty. This scent has kind of cracked it - it is fresh, relaxing and modern but not cloying, sickening or booring. It is very lightly green with soft herbal and a twist of modern masculine fragrance. It is a Master who transcends time, with an unassuming, young and care free personality..who says a Master has to be an elder? Why not someone younger? It simplifies you; in my experience what becomes after wisdom is simplicity and peace of mind.

4 hours - 6 hours 3-6 inch projection. Linear scent, but why would you want to change perfection?

6- 9 hours - Close to skin, I cannot let it go.

Lasts for days on clothes

Unisex? I reckon let the men have this one, just this one time..

Metro Sexual? Not at all, a modern day man is not just metrosexual...

Sexy? Absolutely!

Something to fall in love with? It has already happened.. but who cares when it smells this good.

Scent may not preserve well in the bottle so recommend 30/50 ML bottles or relatively early usage, which is not going to be a problem, I have practically drank my bottle in no time

Affordable

Masterpiece

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

the main problem with this 212 and aqua di gio armani is that they hav b come very common and u smell the same in the crowd, coming to fragrance its green and a musky fragrance with great longevity and sillage. but a very common perfume in todays time among people.

medii
medii

This is not masculine scent at all... The middle and final notes are too sweet, almost girly. It's not sexy for me and if I'd smell this scent it in crowd of people, I would think it belongs to a woman. Although it smells relatively nice, It just reminds me young metrosexuals and I would never choose it for my boyfriends.

huzayfa
huzayfa

I like it, BUT theres a very sugary smell mixed with fresh grass. The sugar is just too sweet for my liking. i tried to get past the sugary smell but i cant seem to shake it. Therefore i must pass on this fragrance.

Pros: nice spray and bottle
Cons: To much sugar in the tank

Grade C-

mr lenard
mr lenard

A delicious blend of all the good things in life

sillybilly
sillybilly

This is fresh and quite unusual to my nose. I like it a lot, but I wish for more strength in this. My xgirlfriend liked it but she did n't think it was sexy at all.

rosehavn
rosehavn

Perhaps the right man only needs a white t-shirt and some 212 : ) Spray many times and often. 8/10

Grottola
Grottola

Clean, green, and nondescript, sort of like a plain white t-shirt. There's nothing unpleasant about 212 Men, except for the fact that it's just really boring.

mir.z.hassan
mir.z.hassan

One of the best.. i've ever used.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

A champion fragrance. Impressive sillage and good longevity, i received a lot of compliments wearing this.

Good job, Morillas & Co!

Classic for a long long time

newyorknick
newyorknick

212 was my office scent back in 2003. My colleagues really loved it on me. Whenever i'm out or on vacation, they would call me and say, "we miss your scent". Yeah,it wasn't me they missed, it's the scent.
It's just really amazing, a perfect blend of the green notes, grapefruit and ginger. I tried all the mutations like 212 ice, summer etc., but they didnt beat the original formula of 212. It's been 8 years now and 212 is still in my collection. Good job Alberto, Rosendo and Ann!!!

joshua.dhanisworo
joshua.dhanisworo

It's My favourite one..

nice fragrance..

juan carlos.henriquez

212 for men y euphoria for men, los reyes rompecorazones. usen los dos y veran resultados.

juan carlos.henriquez

este es el perfume mas atrayente a las mujeres q he tenido, chicas te besan el cuello aveces, 100% recomendado. pero mas q nada para tipos jovenes.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
I do not care if everyone has it, I do not care if it is too common, I do not care if the experts think that this perfume is trivial, just do not care what they think about the tastes of others.
For me, this perfume is excellent. It is certainly not the best perfume I've ever had, but at least it's a perfume that makes me nostalgic.
I recommend to all those who love perfumes that are 100% nice and modern.
All the people who will cross with you love your perfume.
Excellent in any season, day or night.
Excellent longevity and projection.

trev206
trev206

I love 212 but something is up... mine lasted for hours on me when I first got it and now 10 sprays lasts 2 hours. This fragrance is amazing but I guess some EDT's just don't project the same on everyone's skin. It's a shame.

But as far as the actual frag goes, couldn't be better. Beautiful grassy and floral notes combine with soft lemon to create one of the most pleasant scents out there. It makes you feel energetic and clean. My girlfriend really likes it too. It's not trying to be too fancy, it just smells really good. At the end of the day, I'm not always looking for my cologne to have a millon different notes and be super daring and bold. I just want something I like. 212 is something most everyone will like.

Bravo86
Bravo86

The best in the world. I had it for 10 years and i still have it. Only one i use and always will.

cyber861
cyber861

نسبتا خنک-پخش بو عالی -موندگاری متوسط -به نظره من از سکسی اش خیلی بهتره.

Sharklord
Sharklord

I am a 212 fanatic. Why you ask? I was in 4 dfferen't drive thru's and had a girl at every one lean out the window and say wow you smell Amazing! At clubs I have had one night stands just because of this fragrance. No talking the scent did it for me. I keep 2 bottles on hand all the time.

It lasts all day and night on me. Some people it stays on longer...some not so long.
I can truly say I love the Herrera Fragrance House. I have always had great luck with her fragrances. The ones who use the most oil instead of alcohol are The Houses of Herrera,Escada,Boucheron,Hermes and Gaultier. To name a few. All these houses last at least 8+ hrs on myself.

Mirza
Mirza

Tye first time i knew this perfume when my uncle was give it to me ...when i used it oh my god iam just like 'big boss' i really comfort to use this but the price is a little bit to spend my walllet ...i am teen i am 14

Michel payet
Michel payet

At first the smell is too powerfull but in 10 minutes the smell changes in something fresh and goes away after 2 washes. I like 1 million more.

WJ55Hombre
WJ55Hombre

"GOOD JOB CAROLINA"

freedweed
freedweed

212 is a great Aromatic Floral Fougere. If you like 212 you'll love Unbound by Halston. I do. It's the best Aromatic Fougere I have. But 212 is great too in the same fern like way with strong floral's. I got a big new 3.4 oz tester for 23.49 on ebay and you can't beat that. It really works well for me here in the Big Easy with the extreme Lousiana heat and high humidity almost year round. I'm very pleased.

defo
defo

Top stuff, cannot go wrong! Fresh! Definitely different and classy!

Legzy
Legzy

Really like it, very fresh fragrance, however quite strong (my sense of smell went almost numb soon after applying it, never had that happen before), I think that's why it gives the impression of growing stronger as time passes (your nose is returning to normal after the initial assault!). Lasts and lasts, I think trev206 is right, if it isn't lasting on you most prob. a fake. Does anyone else notice a powdery resemblance to Armani Code though, or is it just me?

midos
midos

one of my fav fragrance !this is something different!
longevity & sillage very good! I just can call it: modern Parfum.

e.anderson
e.anderson

All the reviews I read of this scent said it smells like fresh cut grass. I aggree but only in part because the green notes mix with the lime and then you get a synthetic smell of fresh cut grass. the scent last for ever I can wake up the next morning and still smell it.

nyengese
nyengese

Absolutely loving it

bonovox
bonovox

Okay, I'll jump on the bandwagon here. While I definitely "LIKE" + + this fragrance I don't necessarily "LOVE" this fragrance for various reasons. At first I would have to agree with Dr_Spazmo but it is just as clean as Issey Miyake, it does not explode with the floral accord that L'Eau D'ssey does. While not being as bright, I would say that it is cleaner. I don't think anybody could go wrong with 212 at any age or any time. It's just that good! Probably best worn between April and October depending on where you live in its versatility spans from a casual Saturday afternoon picnic to a quiet restaurant on a date. It does have a combination of floral, soapy, citrus but all very subdued. All of the notes are well managed and it has above average sillage but nowhere near a sillage monster. Longevity is perfect. I think that there are better oriental florals out there but none of them probably have this sustained fresh and clean linear smell. Probably one of the best fragrances to wear when you see an old friend and give them a big hug as they sniff your neck. It could be the fragrance that your significant other absolutely falls in love with or one that receives high praises in the workplace. For the price, versatility, and longevity I would not hesitate to make this a blind buy as I don't think anybody would be disappointed. So the verdict:

Bottle 8/10 -- nothing fancy an almost looks like a deodorant stick
Sillage 7/10 -- maybe more depending on how much you use your skin chemistry
Longevity 9/10
Scent 10/10 - really beautiful

Give it a spin!

Sheeraz
Sheeraz

Love the way it drives me back to an old vintage ,classic ear, undoubtedly A Mysterious loving fragrant !

dss589
dss589

i feel like my nose is messed up or i got a bad batch because this does not last at all for me. literally 3 hours top and everyone here is saying the longevity is amazing. i think the smell is amazing,the sillage is great for 30 minutes but overall is definitely outweighed by the poor lasting power of this cologne.

Freshmike
Freshmike

I LOVE this fragrance. It's bold, clean and spicy and I feel sexier when I'm wearing it. It's distinct scent is unique and not like other fragrances I find to be similar. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Very clean just like Issey Miyake.

Heverton
Heverton

An awesome all year around fragrance where we have the dominance of green notes giving a recently cut grass aroma mixed with some sort of metallic vibe into it. Great for who is just getting into fragrances.

ArshadAnver
ArshadAnver

Great Perfume, Sillage and longevity is superb... I applied this for office and could smell this all day long until I reached home... Thats wonderful compared to most of other scents >> even though i like this fragrance i would say the best is always Leau De Issey

xfadix
xfadix

Amazing fragrance

Neto
Neto

A friend of mine bought this fragrance and dropped by to show me. He brought other fragrance that I don't even remember its name... I guess that other fragrance was faded away by the power of this one, 212! Very few fragrances drew my attention the way this one did and at least 2 of them were Carolina Herrera!

Everyone keeps saying this frag is popular and so on... in fact, it is not so popular over here where I live and even if it was certainly it'd be worthwhile to have it.

alito
alito

Well, it's one of the most famous fragrances, and I thought , "well, i'm gonna buy it", and so I did. Maybe it's just me, but it's so strong that makes have headaches. Only at the end, when it's almost gone ican enjoy its kindda leather smell, wich i love. But i reapeat, at the end i can only enjoy its drydown, but all the hours before that mean headache

acmisc
acmisc

I love this! So nice!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The flora in 212 is astoundingly beautiful.
I expected something more like either 212 Sexy, Joop, Le Male, or a soapy Prada.
What I got was a very soft, fresh, floral spice. Almost soapy, not citric flaws.
It is a very nice scent, but decide for yourself if its drops panties.

frankiebue
frankiebue

The best of the best!!!!

In italy iz difficult to take it!!!

Longevity 10/10
Sillage 10/10
Scent 10/10

jidx
jidx

Does not live up to the hype that got me to buy this one. Its clean, fresh, but forgettable and average at best. Save your money

ordealbyfire
ordealbyfire

I just got this earlier today, and have worn it for 5 hours. Seems the smell is starting to fade.. I didn't care much for the smell after the first hour, (smelled too much like a perfume, and very floral.) but once it got to the dry down, I really liked it. Not an overpowering fragrance, but certainly pleasant. I'd recommend it to guys aged 18-25, and for it to be worn in the summer - it kind of smells like a cologne I'd picture wearing at the beach. I also see it as more of a "scrawny guy" cologne, if that makes sense. I couldn't picture a big burly strongman wearing 212.

tuturudka
tuturudka

So fresh and romantic, best choice for the summer. Personally I prefer 212 Sexy, because I like oriental fragrances more, but this one has the unique scent which everybody can recognise.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

212 men is appealing ,longlasting 6+hours,and project very well for a fresh fragrance but:
It's every where,too popular.
Citrus just for beginning ,then it's gardenia,spices and grass,i can get gardenia easily.
Nice and compliment getter.
suitable for work daily wearing in spring and fall.

jlhcharger
jlhcharger

This is another timeless natural smelling cologne,
just like, issey,

Projection 8/10
strenth 8/10

jim
jim

Great for hot Indian summers
Better on cloth than on the skin
It lasts long on me!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Something about this fragrance reminds me of Fahrenheit by Dior, that same slightly industrial, yet attractive synthetic aspect, however, for me, there is just a bit 'too much' of said aspect and I found that it was ultimately overpowering.

fahadmudassar
fahadmudassar

The best perfume ever

mj9999

This scent smells nice and unique, well at least here in the Philippines...I brought a fake version (Singapore authentic, as they call it) and liked the scent because it reminds me a little of my childhood. Lasting power is I guess on the average..My fake version lasts only 2 hrs...what a shame...

costaleo
costaleo

This cologne became such a plague that I gave away my bottle. Everyone wears it. So I am trying to stay away from so much common place here.

Don't get me wrong, though: It's a great fragrance indeed.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Lets start by saying, I don't know how anyone would dislike this fragrance. I just can't understand it. It smells like someone has poured sugar over my freshly cut lawn two days after spring has started and the trees and flowers are beginning to bloom. Women love this stuff. I didn't even have to go look for a compliment. I was in an elevator and someone said "wow I really like that".

Listen I wear fragrances to get that type of attention. I can care less about niche fragrances if they don't garner the type of attention I want in a cologne. Much like I don't care if someone has spent $400 for a pair of Ferragamo's that look like Sammy Davis would cut grass in them. I wear cologne to smell attractive and garner positive attention and this my friends does it immediately and throughout the day. You can wear this in any season but better hold back on the trigger in the Summer. It's staying power if forever so whatever size you are purchasing will last quite some time.

kurokuma
kurokuma

smells really fresh, it is for men..

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Airy, fresh, grassy and a little soapy
It does not really smell like cologne
I knew one, who wore this, and I got very surprised, that it was a cologne he was wearing. I thought it smelled a little to natural for that.
But I like it.

Matin
Matin

Really wonderful, I feel the spices, soft lavender mixed with grapefruit, citrus freshness with the spark of ginger and pepper,gardenia ... uff!!! addictive, like stepping into a forest after rain. I love it :)

Is calm, cool and profound. I like to use sometimes but I can not stop smelling:)

Papi
Papi

One of the best fragrances on the market, will never get old I can guarantee you. Fresh and masculine. Below 35 years old. Shame that every other fragrance that followed from here is very similar. Shame on you CH.

You are on my list.

georgebee
georgebee

THIS COLOGNE IS MORE THAN SUPPER, I VE ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT COLOGNE IN MY CASE, BUT I LIKE 212 MOST, ITS SUPPER FANTASTIC. BOTH LADIES AND GUYS LOVES IT

Nice and fresh green fragrance. It's a bit fruity fresh and sweet at first with a slight critic smell. After 1-2 hours, it becomes more floral and sweet musky clean. I wouldn't call this scent very masculine either as it lacks that deep woody scent in many men fragrances. Also, to me, it can get a bit powdery/soapy (depending on how one sees it), but it's no big deal. I can see anybody can enjoy this; boys and girls. The projection and lasting power are very good on me. I still can smell it after wearing it for 8+ hours! All and all, I am glad I have one and I enjoy wearing it. Thumbs up for 212!

andrea212
andrea212

MASTERPIECE

ganeshcfc
ganeshcfc

its nice in its own way..but less unique though.. it certainly smells fresh..i get fresh cut grass smell.. i wear this for night out shopping at mall or for not so special kinda dinner..

Projection? Average

bottle? Cool..that magnetic top, so cool..

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Tested it from my friend, n it lovely, a lil bit powdery. I like the smell, but not love it, so i think i wouldn't buy this one. I like the magnet in the bottle, very unique :)

larali
larali

My husband has been looking for a signature scent and this is what he chose. He loves it. It's modern, light and masculine without being over-the-top. I like it as well, but for some reason I can barely smell it on him. It is light, but I guess all the trendy men's colognes are these days.

Oh, and he thinks the magnetic top is TOO COOL.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

A huge sales sucess here in Brazil, 212 Men is a green spice fragrance and perfect for many occasions.
It has great longevity and sillage is good enough for other people smell it from you without get too close to your body.
Definitely a must buy for any guy who likes this kind of fragrance.
My final score: 9.0/10.

vinnibes
vinnibes

I love it! Great frag, great sillage, very powerful. It's a big hit here in Brazil, 'cause it works really well with our tropical weather.

masboi
masboi

if you want to smell clean, wear this frag.

the opening is very green with a hint of citrus its refreshing.

after one hour, it turns to be a bit flowery and hint of ginger at the background, didn't like this phase.

but the dry down is very pleasing smell, the sandalwood, musk, and incense are perfect combination.

the sprayer works very well, so go easy on the trigger here IMO.

and use it only in spring or summer.

guest_Fahad
guest_Fahad

All I can say about this scent is that its my all time favorite

periquito89
periquito89

A bit green, a bit sharp, may have its bright. A hit among many, and, as it was told by men and women, it pleases hers noses. But unfortunately I do not like, since the first moment it feels like doesn't fit me. From this charming house, Herrera for Men, Chic and CH Men are my choices.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very nice fresh floral, woodsy, musk fragrance. I can detect a Fahrenheit note in there! Staying power and projection are good. Nice bottle with a magnetic top.

crestfallen
crestfallen

212 is very fresh,clean,soft and musky. Its perfect for summer/springtime. I am 21yrs old and I get compliments all the time. You definitely get the fresh cut grass note the whole way through.

Girls LOVE this stuff because it is so fresh and soft, not overpowering at all. This is my "go-to" fragrance if I don't know what to wear. You can't go wrong. Only downside is that it is popular but its popular for a reason, ITS AWESOME!!

All I can say is girls love it, and so do I.

Lance

I bought this today! Very nice fragrance!
The scent is about green, fruity and floral and woody! Like many other classic fragrances, it's a litle bit common and something like all-notes-in-one, a classic fragrance is always like that.

I get the fresh green and fruity at the beginning.
I do get the spicey with pepper and ginger after that.
And of course the heart is about musk and woody! A little feminine in the drydown.
And sometimes I can feel gardenia, my favourite flower as well!^^

Longevity is average, sillage is good!

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very nice EDT to seduce women. If you're looking to attract women with this and Acqua di Gio Homme sure they succeed.

Already talking in terms of its constitution, but it is a fresh fragrance, slightly woodsy and pleasant, slightly sharp. A range of ages, preferably in young men and never see him any other purpose than dating or the like. Permanence in my skin for about 8 hours. Simple and attractive to women.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this reminds me of a fresh cut grass in the morning. its really sweet, maybe its the top notes to make this sweet.this scent is good for hot summer days.im glad i got this in my collection..i cant wait to try the rest of 212 fragrance...

it is a very beautiful scent....love it on my husband...makes me want to eat him up....

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

i 'm gonna buy this one for my boyfriend, he had a sample on him, and oh god, it made me love him even moreeee! xD

definitely recommend it

behzad1280
behzad1280

These days everybody goes to 212 series. 212 Men is so popular and nice cologne.
It’s average in longevity and sillage.

Very nice scent but not such remarkable and unique.

این روزها بیشتر جوانها یکی از عطرهای سری 212 رو توی کمدشون دارن و سری 212 خیلی رایجه

عطر خوبیه و دوام و پخش متوسطی هم داره
اونقدرها خاصّ و منحصربفرد نیست اما خوشایند و دوست داشتنیه

guest_joejoe
guest_joejoe

one of a kind fragrance. Always on my top list because it lasts all day long and has this musky aroma that circles around you all day making you feel alive and confident. Very unique in my eyes.

guest_AsLoRi
guest_AsLoRi

this is real nice
the oppening of this is is so fresh and green CUT GREEN GRASS with tht citrus sporting it.this stuff is perfect 4 summer and it can be perfect 4 casual use.perfect 4 any1.every body get ur hands on this stuff.hope i heped

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

The opening is too green (cut grass) and sharp for me and way too overpowering. The middlenotes are a bit feminine (ginger and flowers) but the base is to die for, an absolutely gorgeous light sensual musk combined with incense and supported with sandalwood. I love wearing this in spring.

7,5/10

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Particularmente es un excelente perfume, no solo es duradero al usarse sino su aroma si bien se va desvaneciendo, permanece. Muy buena combinación de fragancias florales para este producto. Es especial también para la noche como también para el día o uso cotidiano. Aunque está pensada para Primavera / Verano, va muy bien todo el año.

guest_hamed
guest_hamed

oh my god it is lovely i love it allllllloooooooooooooooooooot
i suggest every one to buy it.thank u bbbbbbyyyyyyyyeee

guest_vanshiro
guest_vanshiro

212 men is undoubtedly the best male perfume i have ever used. Great scent, sensual, and longlasting.

vpts
vpts

The smell seems sexy and a little sweet!
Highly recommended for men!
I bought it by consulting a girl seller! It means girls will love it as well!

krestfallen
krestfallen

i've just tried this. bought it blindly online. it smells good, very fresh, very musky-- a lot like Ralph Lauren Polo. except that Polo was so strong everyone around me hated it.
212 men is less strong but still can't spray much-- its nauseating.
but its a good smell.

Humphrey Bogart
Humphrey Bogart

I had the most compliments from this cologne...I had a 3.7 oz bottle and someone stole it out of my car

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

I love this perfume. This one is very modern, manly and incomparable. The top note is slightly strong but once it settle down you would appreciate it. This has a great silage and it projects well.

sawyer82
sawyer82

Good fragrance, but slightly feminine and strong during the middle notes. Great long lasting and sillage. Not my cup of tea, but great for young people.

snitchings
snitchings

This fragrance is amazing and unlike other perfumes, this one has got character and lasts a cool few hours (even days sometimes).

One of my favourites, however it smells a bit of roses when you first spray it, but women adore it.

denmaz
denmaz

I don't think this one is green because i smell warm ginger. It is cloying when used in hot weather but nice in colder temperature. Good fragrance, really has character.

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

It's like a gr8 musical harmony, passing prominently & gently frm one stage to another. Background is set by "incense"! Yup I can clearly get this "incense" like feeling~smokey, scented, spreading round u!! And on d front the other notes play their parts, just what d perfume claims to have!!! Gr8 work... Gr8 composition..Gr8 longevity...!!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is a very nice fragrance. one that i wont be able to wear as much because my new wife has a serious proiblem with fresh cut grass,allergies they call it. lol

Ammar
Ammar

Cool summer perfume, a must have for all the lads....

Jave26
Jave26

Classic, underrated and one of my favorites, Everytime I wear this I receive compliments galore at times even over whelming I love this scent I give it a 10 out of 10 thumbs up.

SaintLue
SaintLue

I just bought a small bottle of this after reading alot of the good reviews for it.I liked it right away,Except a friend of mine said i smelled like a girl? lol but w.e i like it and it has turned afew heads.

guest_corie
guest_corie

When i use it for the first time, at night,i feel me soo good. It gives men a sensual touch,this fragrance is one of the best i ever smells. one of the best

surya vai
surya vai

i own this after i know my friend was using this, but on me it didn't smell good, too musky. staying power is bad on my skin, only for 2-3 hours. nice packaging though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i try this one once again (november 2012), this one is so soft/subtle on my skin, sometimes i can't smell it, but it's still there, and it actually last a long time on my skin. this one works well on cooler temperature and projects pretty good, but not on a hot weather.

has a feminine side on the mid and base, i can see a girl wear this, they should label this as an unisex perfume.

nice fragrance

setlamai
setlamai

Nice smell but nothing special . If you want a classy , stand out of the crowd perfume then this is not for you . To me it lacks something to make it special . I think it is very suited to a young modern crowd .

vdxl
vdxl

A lot of people have it, but still it is a very nice floral-woody for men. It has some soapy+metallic notes in it, but then it calms down to a fresh-floral and woody scent that is sensual and can be worn for casual wear. A very nice evocation of New York in a bottle, indeed. There are reasons why this nice scent has been over-copied by others.

urobian
urobian

Time and years are not against this fragance. Wonderful and unique, very natural, comfortable, manly with an special contrast with florals-herbals to semi-aquatic-fresh base.

Unique.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I don't get a musky scent in this, it is fresh and sweet. I think it is similar to some other metrosexual men's fragrances. This doesn't really scream man to me with deep earthy tones, instead sweet fresh notes and present, it is slightly feminine. It is a nice scent for spring or summer. My man just bought it so we will see how it will develop as he wears it more often.

Stefan
Stefan

Similar to CHIC for men but the sweet scent is more alive than on CHIC.

guest_surya_vai
guest_surya_vai

it smell good on my skin, but the problem is.. it lasted not more than an hour if I use it at outdoor.. love the bottle though :)

Elitsa
Elitsa

it' s my favorite male perfume - i find it very sexual and seductive, very masculine.

gucci
gucci

i love this fragrance it's very clean and musculan at the same time elegant for special ocations

knightz
knightz

I first got 212 Men late last spring when it was starting to warm up. I tried it several times throughout the spring, summer and fall, and all I got from it in warm/hot weather was a very light, flat, Citrus with Musk.

It's winter now and what I get from it during cold dry weather is quite a bit more; a citrus opening with a light floral heart. When the citrus fades it is replaced by a light Incense note (that is undetectable in warm weather) along with the Muskiness of the base. It's a very light scent and I need to put it on at least twice (let it dry and re-apply again immediately), but three times is better. Even with a heavy application the sillage is close.

For me it lasts from 2 to 4 hours with a heavy application. Not bad, but it's very ordinary. If there is any heat at all it doesn't last more than an hour. In the warmth it feels like a non-aquatic scent trying to mimic an aquatic one. I'm a little disappointed.

Eros
Eros

Smells classy, but like .... new car. Slightly citric, not "cheap", but too excentric.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Great cologne for the modern man. Very light and at the same time very sensual, intense and long lasting.
This one is truly a masterpiece among men's colognes.

Kasku
Kasku

Love this smell. It's very modern and perfect for young hip guys :)

da_markos
da_markos

"it's all about dry down ;]"

opening (cut grass) is quite good after that is much more better. middle notes are quite femine but after that comes masterpiece drydown. "rich" musk which is making hudge statement. you can easly smell this fragrance after 10 -12 hours on somebody

julianne35
julianne35

so so so nice...i absolutely recommend it

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I smell it everywhere. It's too over power. It makes me wanna vomit. Too much musk. Musk, musk, and musk. I've never tried any scent that has such a long longervity like 212. Not my type, totally!

Ninulia
Ninulia

sexiest men fragarance...!!! THE BEST!!

ichayonalisa
ichayonalisa

i love it ..i love maskulin parfume..juz felt so sporty 1

afraafra
afraafra

Too "green'smelling in my opinion not masculin enough.

212 Men by Carolina Herrera 4.02 out of 5 based on 1823 ratings and 260 user reviews

212 for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT .23 OZ MINI
Carolina Herrera 212 Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera 212 Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
212 for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
212 for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera 212 Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera 212 Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 212 Men by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 212 Men by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.