Designers » C » Oriental Fougere « Groups

212 Sexy Men Carolina Herrera for men
dislike

I have it: 521 I had it: 336 I want it: 290 My signature: 23

212 Sexy Men Carolina Herrera for men Videos
212 Sexy Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures 212 Sexy Men Carolina Herrera for men Pictures

212 Sexy Men by Carolina Herrera is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. 212 Sexy Men was launched in 2006. 212 Sexy Men was created by Alberto Morillas and Rosendo Mateu. Top notes are mandarin orange, bergamot and green notes; middle notes are cardamom, flowers and pepper; base notes are vanilla, sandalwood, guaiac wood, musk and amber.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Green Notes

Cardamom Flowers Pepper

Vanilla Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Musk Amber

Le Male Terrible

212 Sexy Men Fragrance Reviews

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

I tried this at a mall and had my wife and 3 of her female friends smell it from my wrist and they all had one conclusion, it smells like a bad body odor. I agree with them. I'm not saying that the people that loves this doesn't have a taste. Maybe, It just doesn't agree with my body chemistry.

MrEnvy
MrEnvy

I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've sprayed a fragrance and just wanted to gag at how terrible the smell is. This fragrance is the 3rd time

I have no idea why anyone would want to smell like this or how the word 'sexy' can be associated with such a smell.

I'm no fragrance snob by any means, and I get a lot of compliments wearing fragrances that cost under $50

But this...I don't want to offend anyone, but this smell offended me

I completely agree with the whole 'smells like bad BO' vibe someone else mentioned

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

This is a very odd cologne. Men tend to not like it on themselves; however, women seem to love it on their men.

Initially I put it on and I got a whiff of cedar and vanilla and bergamot. Nothing special and after a while I wasn't too impressed. I went to bed and the following morning I was snuggling with my wife and she dove into my chest....she LOVED it.

So....while I might not be a fan, I guess I am a fan. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not finding it obnoxious. It's just that to me it seems so-so. As some guys have commented, on ourselves we tend to smell a body odor or curry powder (although to me it's just a slightly off funk), but, hey....it's not always about what we smell on ourselves, right?

Hz.rtro
Hz.rtro

this thing really stinks on my skin. it has a body odor top note that make this frag a total mess and not sexy at all.

AZ
AZ

It very similar to Le Male which like but got bored of it so needed something different but have the same vibe.

212 sexy man is less louder than Le Male and more mature. Love the peppery green opening as well as it dry down is similar to Le Male but the cardomin is more intense

zahidbalushi
zahidbalushi

Instead of this perfume you can try it's duplicate one which is available in the market named sexy men 555 with exactly the same smell with more than 12 hours longevity... Try n pass

edson.rocha.50
edson.rocha.50

Não recomendo nem um pouco comprar esse perfume no escuro, em mim ficou com cheiro de vestiário masculino sujo. Não ficou bem na minha pele, quem tem peles que fecham as fragrâncias pensem duas vezes antes de comprar esse.

Peters155
Peters155

Layer sexy 212 with Lynx Africa shower gel and body spray amazing combo. Least that way you dont have to buy the matching shower gel and body spray for the cologne an save some cash at same time

yogikuga
yogikuga

Vanillanya lembut, gak terlalu manis, enak, cewek pasti suka deket2.
Paling cocok dipake ditempat sejuk, malam hari. Dipake di ruangan kantor ber-AC siang hari juga masih cocok.
Longevity jelek, bertahan hanya 3-4 jam di saya, wajib bawa decant buat re-spray. Masalah utama parfum ini di longevity nya, tapi krn aromanya enak masih bisa dipertimbangkan lah buat tambah koleksi.

212 Men masih jauh lebih bagus longevity nya..

SMELLY1992

AM I THE ONLY ONE in this goddam planet to find similarities between 212 sexy men and Pi Givenchy????

checky
checky

curried le male. nauseating at first. Better after an hour or two.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

mungkin, ini adalah scent vanilla terbaik yg pernah saya koleksi di samping JPG gaultier 2. ini mah 100% compliment pasti hinggap saudara2. Ladies suka bgt notes nya. Gw da ambis ampe 3 botol ama nih parfum. gw kehabisan kata2 mau jelasin gimana lagi about nih scent! nyesel aja sih sampe lu gak punya. just it.

Update 26/8/2014:

saya sedikit terkejut karna barusan membeli 1 botol sexy men lagi dan lagi (total sudah 4 botol xixixi) dan ternyata notes nya berubah.... sangat mengecewakan... mungkin sudah di reformulasi. tidak ada lagi notes sexy yg selama ini menjadi trademark sexy men... dengan longevity yang cuma 5 jam saja. betul2 mengecewakan...

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

the first spray smells just like le male by gaultier and the dry down is slightly similar to 1 million but way lighter and i have 1 million and le male and clinique...i'm also getting some hints of mint.. some orange.. it's like a mix of clinique happy, le male and 1 million with some very light chocolate vibe... and to those who click this as a "heavy scent" i really don't understand what's "light" to you... coz i don't find it heavy at all. nice bottle and a magnetic one though... that's just it but in terms of projection... errr... not so sure about that.

SMELLY1992

tried this twice at the store and found it veeery similar to pi givenchy (the strong vanilla note) but this one is way stronger since Pi seems to have been reformulated...

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I love 212 Sexy Man. The vanilla is delicious in this fragrance. It is sweet, masculine and sexy. It is strong at first but the dry down is very soft. I can smell it on me from time to time, and I love that. It is perfect for office wear or day time outings.

headofstate
headofstate

212 Sexy Men is an exceptionally well layered and blended oriental fougere that emits a baby powder, silky smooth French vanilla and fresh spice vibe that goes on much more organically and is less intrusive but lacks the overall excitement of its flashier inspiration; JPG's Le Male.
Morillas and Mateu do a very professional job here of containing the cardamom, pepper and amber into a very narrow palette which in the early stages gives hints of an West London Indian restaurant aroma of curry spilling out the chimney but it is quickly reigned in by the powerful vanilla base which comes forward rather quickly in the wear to dominate throughout and give 212 Sexy Men its powdery, sweet essence.
The vanilla works as a filter from which all the other notes are drowned out except for traces of exotic woods in the dry-down and the warming amber, light floral touch and fragments of sour citrus that are deeply embedded in the mixture. The vanilla in 212 Sexy Men is beautifully done, it just seems much closer to the real thing than almost any other vanilla based fragrance on the market.
This is great for late fall, winter and early spring and in my view works really well as a work or casual fragrance because it isn't so overwhelming or overpowering and though a bit powdery, there's a subtle balance to it that is uplifting and warming at the same time. Longevity is decent, at around 6-10 hours with quite a bit of variation in my experience and projection can also vary with generally nothing more than moderate projection on my skin.
This scent may be a bit too powdery for everyone's taste, so keep it on the shelf for a date, formal event or job interview. 212 Sexy Men has gone down significantly in price over the last year and can easily be picked up for under $40 and makes a great alternative or complimentary option to Le Male when something more subtle or organic is called for. If you like vanilla, you will enjoy this thoroughly. If you don't, you might still like the subtle balance of spice, sweetness and exotic woods in 212 Sexy Men and this may be the powdery fragrance that changes your mind about the wear-ability of powdery fragrances.

jackfort
jackfort

If you like Le Male, you'll probably like this.

Not my cup of tea.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

After several years later I decided to acquire 212 Sexy Men, I found this fragrance AMAZING. ... a real masculine fragrance deep aroma which is best during the fall and winter days. The notes that I'm able to pick up as soon as I spray it is mandarin orange as well cardamom. After the fragrance settles I can smell the woodsy notes of sandalwood and guaiac wood which makes it a real attractive masculine fragrance. The three final notes of Musk, Amber and especially vanilla which gives this fragrance a real sweet/warm and a SEXY vib :))) I personally find it to be A BEAST OF A JUICE.
Longevity is well past 8hrs considering I have a tester. Silage is also excellent if your in a mall you will be noticed.
Overall thoughts,
If you want to impress your friend or partner spray it on your chest twice and she might experience multiple orgasms ❤❤❤
What else could be said...in a word STUPENDOUS !! Rating is easy 7.5/10 ★★★★★ :-)

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

If I had to describe '212 Sexy Men' with a word, it would probably be interesting.

from the beginning it starts sweet-y. And it remains like that. I don't know what to say anything else than that. It's not fresh, it's not woody, heavy or floral... it's just sweet. It kind of gives you a slight sense of cool, but nothing more. and it doesn't last at all.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Very romantic, but maybe you need a romantic personality and a feminine face, maybe long hair, so that it fits you well. The smell is very soft and beautiful. Not for everyone or the macho man.

fungest
fungest

the soul of vanilla...
am not big fan for vanilla but this one is magic very pure and the touch of musk & amber very magic in dry down...very good mix
sillage moderate
longevity is very good
well done Carolina

peferrarine
peferrarine

Everything was already said about this one. A woody-vanilla one.
I like it a lot, but sometimes i also get the 'deodorant' thing about it.

vianajunior
vianajunior

Gosh! really thought I was the only one to feel the bad smell like body odor when using this perfume! Sometimes it suffocates me!

anggapra
anggapra

Since I bought this cologne, my friends and mom said that I smells good. But I find it quite awful sometimes, quite suffocating with a hint of body odor too. So one day I sprayed it on my wrist, after 30 minutes I ask my mom to sniff my wrist and she back off and asked wth is that. So now I know that people can't be smelling this directly from skin. Also to take not more than 2 sprays will do. The subtle smell is good, but when it's a bit too over, it can be quite awful. Oh yea, if you're living in hot, humid or in summer time, this cologne is not recommended. It may make you and everyone else dizzy especially after 2-3 hours combined with your body odor

megalomania
megalomania

ladies really loves this fragrance

moqihum
moqihum

definetely armani code!!!!!!

lemale129
lemale129

Smells like code and le male mixed together with some curry. There is definitely an indian food/sweat note in there that I can't get past

RobbieX

I would say that this is one of the top five of vanilla based men's scents. It's a lovely smooth oriental that lasts.

oytsilus
oytsilus

I just can't take the powdery part of this one.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

I don't know why people are comparing this to le male, maybe its becouse it has vanilla in the top,,
I would say its much more like la nuit de lomme or Armani eau de nuit or code,, but I'm my opinion this is much better, an amber and musky monster with decent siliage and exellant longevity,,I detected a faint iris note,even though its not listed but its the same iris that's in dhi.
This is really nice juice, dark and mysterious and oozes sexyness ,and I don't think I'll be purchasing armanis eau de nuit,which I got a sample of and loved it, but this is much better.
Overall this gets a 8 out of 10 from me,,this is one of those I've been looking for in my frag journey, and will always remain in my collection,,love it..
If you think this is gonna be anything like le male your gonna be seriously dissapointed..

havardize
havardize

212 Sexy is a great nightly perfume of the CH house, and the fragrance is between Le Male and Armani Code. The entrance notes resembles much to Le Male, because the intense vanilla and fresh notes, that resembles the mint of the Le Male.

After some minutes, this perfume evolves similarly to Armani Code, because the bergamot very noticeable and citric notes, as mandarin orange.

After 40 minutes in my skin, 212 Sexy have one of the best background notes that i have tested. Closes with a amazing woody note (Guaiac Wood), differentiating the others two scents.

212 Sexy is one perfume for nights, parties and meeting with a women.

Scent: 7
Versatility: 6
Longevity: 9
Projection: 9

udrako
udrako

Well, i think that this frag have similarities with Joop, but Joop as much better and have very long lasting :)

hansito

Mixing 212 Sexy and Le male? sounds pretty interesting, I will do that tonight! good idea Jonycake.

Jonycake
Jonycake

At the risk of being crucified by die hard fans of either 212 or Le Male... Try mixing them.

Longevity of le male adds to what's lacking in 212 and 212 tones down the harsh synthetic mint notes a bit of le male. They're both vanilla based so the mix is heavenly.

I own both and find Le Male to be too loud for what it smells like, yet 212 to be too subtle. When they mix, it's the perfect projection and the perfect scent.

Before you chew me out, TRY IT.

hansito

212 Sexy and Le Male are NOT THE SAME, they do not even smell similar, whoever says that, does not know any better. If you LOVE SWEET frags (PI, 1 Million, Ultrared)you have to get this one.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

probably the worst in the 212 men line....
a ripoff from Le Male....
better get Le Male which has better longevity and projection than this

ariel_219
ariel_219

Do not compare this with Le Male. 212 Sexy is a more sophisticated scent, not thacky and strongly animal-sweet as Le Male. A perfect fragrance to leave in your lover's sheets.

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

This smells sweet, a bit plasticky.
I prefer the original 212.

ikroos
ikroos

smell is sexy & attractive. but not long lasting, also it is not heavy. Expensive too

Smyle12
Smyle12

It's the original Le Male, just cheaper smelling and even more synthetic. There may be even more "vanilla" in this than Le Male too, although it smells wholly artificial. If you like Le Male, don't do it. If you hate Le Male... RUN!!!

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

It really smells like sex, it might be the musk...

thepro25
thepro25

Smells very similar to Le male but 212 is better and more well balanced.
It a sexy scent for a club for sure in winter.

katmo
katmo

If I were a boy, this is exactly the type of scent I would wear. And sniff. All day long.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I don't see how can a man be sexy by wearing this... but what certain is, the scent is SEDUCTIVE! Not really my favorite fragrance, but it's one of my 'secret' weapons in the collection, simply because my wife loves this, she loves this on me.

this scent would repell any verbal fight, disagreement, disatisfaction as it brings undertstanding and intimacy. Will always have this edt for sure!

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

Smells almost as armani code, only a little sweeter

widhi88
widhi88

i love this perfume. blind buy but worth it

ahmadnademi
ahmadnademi

بسیار سکسی و گرم،ماندگاری بسیار خوب و پخش بوی عالی،مناسب زمستان و پاییز البته به نظر من

Migalex
Migalex

This is very very similar to Le Mâle, practically the same scent with very subble differences. It is also very similar to Jaipur. I find it closer to le mâle, because although cardamom is listed in the composition, it does not come across as such, unlike Jaipur, where the spicy harsh scent of cardamom is very noticeable. Surprisingly, because neither Tonka bean nor cinnamon are listed in the composition, I find that 212 sexy smells more of natural cinnamon, while the cinnamonish scent of le mâle and Jaipur seems more synthetical. Also the scent is more floury than Le mãle. 212 sexy smells more to me of tonka bean than of cinnamon, but it is very close to cinnamon natural scent and to me that seems to be the its dominant note. Anyway, I find these three scents almost identical and this is probably my favourite type of fragrance for men amongst the ones available. What I do not understand is how it is possible that brands copy one another so often. But it is none of my business.

RobbieX

A gorgeous and well blended oriental. In the same family as Le Male, ST Dupont Intense, Body Kouros and Armand Basi Homme. This is a bit heavier and smoother though. The opening has spices, vanilla, mandarin and bergamot. The drydown consists on a smooth vanilla with a slight fruity freshness to it, a really pleasant smell. 212 Sexy has both very good sillage and longevity. It's up there amongst the best Orientals, in my opinion.

najmi
najmi

my fav!

aatif.ikram
aatif.ikram

Hey guys. Just got this perfume today as my bday gift from gf. Loving it. Very seductive fragrance and musculine one. I have been 212 fan since many years. Loving the box and picture on packing. Beautiful magnet cap and fragrance is awesome. Lasting very nicely yet to faint. 4.5/5 Marks from myside. Thmbs up

djews
djews

This is awesome. It's sweet but still has a masculinity about it. I usually go for more woody fragrances but this just really hits the spot for me. Really happy with it, one of my favourites. It projects well for me for about 6 hours then sits close to the skin for another 3 or 4. Definately needed in every collection in my opinion.

hugosb
hugosb

one of the best fragances ever, and my favorite one, along with JPG Le Male, truth name "SEXY" sweet and soft smell, girls love it and your bottle will last for a long time 'cause you don't need to spray many times for a great longevity.
P.S.: you can't go wrong with this

Suzettah
Suzettah

My hubby wears this perfume and honestly it just turns me on!

kevinboateng
kevinboateng

i just bought this one according to the reviews i saw here i hope its betetr than the polo double black....smh

Invocati
Invocati

I just bought this one a couple of days ago, and damn, can't stop smelling myself.

Awsome scent so far. Feels classy and smells a lot of vanilla, warm and powdery.

zelmu
zelmu

The opening smells like Le Male and Body Kouros, then in the middle we have Code and the base is just Pi Neon. No body odors or armpits whatsoever; very enjoyable and non-offensive, but nothing groundbreaking. As I mentioned before, I've smelt this fragrance before I even had tried it.

Recomennded for individuals who want to smell good and def. sexy but not unique and make a statement.
Age 15-25
Sillage 7/10
Longevity 9/10
Smell 7/10

renneyg007
renneyg007

I was at work and this quite guy came in, ripped jeans, tightish t-shirt, red leather jacket & spiky hair and he smelt divine. At first i thought he was wearing Le Male but it smelt sexier, so there was only one thing for it, i approached him, "excuse, I hope you dont mind my asking but what after shave are you wearing?", "sexy men", i was kinda worried at his response and he had a dutch accent so i wasnt sure if he was joking or not but he re-assured me it was called sexy men. Off i went and bought the biggest bottle i could lay my hands on for my husband, he loves it too. Its the kind of scent that makes me swoon, you want to rub up against the man wearing this (sorry that sounded a bit wrong) but its a scent thats soft but masculine, warm, sexy, slightly sweet and weirdly reminds me of plasticine. Love it.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

A nice sexy not offending frag usually worn on night and on dates to impress.Really warm sexy smell.I feel sexy when i wear this.its a bit synthetic though but thts not a problem at all.
The only bad is longetivity.i get 2 3 hours max.
Overall score 7.5/10

KeithScar
KeithScar

212 Sexy Men is a nice alluring seductive scent thats a great fit for night when your trying to impress that lady for the evening your with, The vanilla opens with a warm vibe then dries down to a nice woody musky masculine smell. What has two thumbs and likes this cologne? THIS GUY DOES. A must keep

octobersun
octobersun

The name doesn't lie, it is sexy.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

It was a very quick test in a store. It begins with the sweet vanilla, I was really enjoying, but over about 10 minutes appears a note that reminds me sweat shirt worn. I thought I had crazy, the saleswoman who own tava weaving praise for this perfume, she agreed and began to criticize it. Not enjoyed his mutation.

tavo
tavo

I'm loving it, Start with lemons and spices, and then it starts to get warm, as it warm up the lemons fade and you get vanilla and musk. Very masculine. Great bottle too.

I don't get the sweat thing people talk about, at least not a bad smelling type of sweat, It has a dry dusty note that I guess is what people comment.

So don't get scared by that comments thinking you will end up smelling as if you haven't take a shower.

And because of that aspect don't blind buy it. test it first

Hasan603
Hasan603

برا من كه با بوهاي گرم سر درد ميگيرم وحشتناك بود
1 هفته سعي كردم بزنم ولي موفق نشدم آخرم دادمش به يكي از دوستان
احساسم اين بود كه وقتي ميزنيش بوش يه راست مياد زير شامت ميشينه و تا 1 ساعت تكون نمي خوره
بوش كاملا خطيه

bwcw81
bwcw81

Immediately after first sniff, this is very very familiar scent! Warmth, Vanilla and Smokey citrus scent! It seems like a blend of JPG Le Male and Davidoff Hot Water! The name suggested as Sexy Men, well... quite a marketing gimmick, it is just a great warmth wt smokey citrus and vanilla scent, is that represent a sexy men? Not quite from my point of view, at least the scent is not complex enough to raise to the bar.

Longevity for this once is great, last more than 6 hours, projection is great too. Overall, the scent evolve quite linear, a great nite time/ winter scent! 6.5/10 from me. Give it a try!

yacoco
yacoco

nice but not great
unique but change after few hour
CH Men Carolina Herrera for men is so much better

nando80
nando80

Saw this at Perfumania while at the Mall for a great bargain at $29 for the 1.7 bottle and decided to buy it. I considered the positive reviews here on fragantica and the fact that one of the main notes for this fragrance is vanilla, which I enjoy very much when done well in scents. I have to say that I'm loving it!! It does remind me of Le Male in the opening because of the sweet vanilla notes but 212 Sexy is mixed better and more masculine in my opinion because of the smoother woody notes I get from it. The drydown is amazing as well reminding quite a lot of Armani Code maybe because of the bergamot notes but a bit lighter and powdery which I find to settle very well. Even though the scent is smooth and not too heavy, it has good projection. On my skin 3 good sprays lasted about 6 hours and 1 good spray on my clothes lasted even longer. Really enjoying this, glad I bought it. Also I don't see anything wrong that a very good fragrance has similarities to other good ones. In the end 212 sexy by Carolina Herrera has its own identity in a pleasing seductive way.

waine
waine

I have only tested this a few times. As this is so amazing I have edited my whole review.

Off the bat, this is without doubt a down scaled version of Le Male but in a slightly different, better way. The name "Sexy" is not an appropriate name for me and the tin colour is a little "girly". However, forget marketing pitch, the smell is out of this world!

Initially, very sweet but this passes. A decadent vanilla is there all the way. The vanilla is initially a little on the Creme Soda side, but very tolerable. I get a slight Bergamot and a lovely touch of orange as suggested.

Warm, slightly spicy, I rate this as an ideal scent for dating or for partying. Definitely a night scent for someone who wants to elicit some attention. It does make a slight suggestive statement and although perceived for the younger folk, I will wear it anytime, day or night but preferably in winter. I see myself wearing this to the office on Fridays when I feel more at ease at work.

For weeks, I have been unable to forget about 212 Sexy Men since I re entered this amazing perfume journey. Having spent hours hunting the shelves of perfume shops for my killer scent, this may be it. There is something my brain that keeps calling me back to Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men.

Reviews can easily sway a newcomer into certain ways of thinking in the world of perfumery. It is undoubtedly a subjective science and indeed a competitive art with very mixed opinions and emotions. Also, I have learned that it is essential to give any EDT some time before being able to give a fair, honest opinion. Reading too many reviews can cloud ones judgement.

I received positive feedback from family members after the initial 30 minutes of sweetness had subdued. I felt awesome wearing it! The glorious sexy, spicy, mystifying scent seems to stand out the longest among many other quality perfumes on my body. I have tested many perfumes over the past month and this LASTS THE LONGEST I can assure you!

The B/O as mentioned by reviewers is nothing to worry about. For me it works, it’s the unstated cardamon (I suspect) mingling perfectly with my body chemistry.

I have a new take on this orgasmic creation. CH has hit the right notes with me again. It amazes me how only 4 ingredients smell so awesome! I am positive the pyramid is omitting something. Also, I am sure it is the Guaiac Wood note that is weaving the magic for me.

I will DEFINITELY buy this on my next purchase as I think it is stunning! BTW I am not young and I do not club anymore.

Scent: 4.9/5
Longevity: 4.6
Originality: 3.6
Overall: 4.5

sunrise79
sunrise79

This fragrance makes up my top 3 (after Armani Code and JPG ''Le Male''). It's a warm, seductive and definately SEXY scent, with a very good longetivity and a very good projection. It's very good for the nights out, due to its sexy notes. Considering the fact that this one is in my top 3 fragrances, I'm giving it 10/10.

soned
soned

Le Male - Party or clubbing nights.
Perry Ellis White - Any occasion.
Cuba Gold - Nice for room and car scenting.
CH 212 Sexy - Dating nights.

212 Sexy is a mixture of the top of Armani Code, and the drydown of LeMale, with a unique middle of spices. Of all the above mentioned scents, is by far the most sexy.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

I would be insulting everyone's intelligence here if I didn't concede from the beginning that Carolina Herrera's 212 Sexy Men (don't pronounce the H) is highly indebted to Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male for its inspiration.
The note pyramid seems to be completely off here. What we have is...
top: mandarin/bergamot/green leaf
middle: cardamom/pepper/flower petals
base: vanilla/amber/sandalwood/musk

The easiest way I can describe this fragrance is to call it Le Male for work and the office. Where Le Male is obnoxious and overly assertive and imposing, 212 Sexy Men is a tremendous downshift in the direction of skin scent. There are slight and subtle differences of course, but 212 Sexy Men is far more subtle, a touch more spicy, and far less projecting nor long lasting as its inspiration. Still, 212 Sexy Men cannot so easily be dismissed.
The opening is a strong and rather standard citrus top, with bergamot and mandarin orange exploding before the vanilla catches up with it 2-3 minutes later, coating it in a rather linear vanilla powder. This is when the similarities to Le Male are so striking. When the middle notes begin to evolve further, the spicier cardamom and pepper give 212 Sexy an earthier, dirty appeal that doesn't stand out on my skin and blends quickly into the amber and sandalwood. From this point on 212 Sexy turns into a skin scent and though quite pleasing and appealing and with a spicier, subtler sexiness than Le Male can manage, the spices seem out of balance slightly and not completely in accord with the vanilla and amber, which has created a harshness on some skin.
It is certainly attractive as a subtler alternative to Le Male, but with such a recycled and rather worn out formula and longevity that generally never exceeds four hours, there are serious questions about it covering any new ground.
Offers very little to those already familiar with the vanilla oriental woody genre made famous by Le Male. The lack of longevity and projection just don't justify its purchase if you already have one of the handful of its already well explored genre.
Nice, sexy in its subtlety and use of spice, but not as flirtatious as its name would imply.

calvin.jevernsk :

I recommend 212 sexy,its the right measure.

VIP is sweeter.
I do not fell in love for chic, but its not to bad.

Anyway, Carolina Herrera has a really good taste for perfume.

But everything depends on, what do you expect from a perfume??!!

xoxo

MayaraFariasM

I love this fragrance from a long time ago, and for me it was an exciting surprise to know my boyfriend felt the same way I. So when I got the oppotunite I gave to him. He almost kill me..hahha He really really loved the surprise. < 3

ps. Its a great fragrance, sweet, sexy, masculine.. yummy yummy tottally delicious. :)

Bicha do bafao
Bicha do bafao

calvin.jevernsky , It is best Carolina Herrera CH.

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

It's like a denser, smoother, lil bit warmer version of Le Male. I'd choose this over Le Male cause Le Male has the synthetic vanilla kick in the face.

calvin.jevernsky
calvin.jevernsky

Which one is better? Carolina Herrera 212 sexy , Carolina Herrera Chic or Carolina Herrera VIP MEN ?

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

Sexy Men indeed! Like!

tsi

i think its more fresh than jpgl and armani code and more unique than code and jpgl also more long lasting and i think i can use it in summer and winter bcs its fresh for summer and woody oriental for winter

tsi

very sexy soft class fresh and long lasting scent

crysna
crysna

like a previous reviewer said, it's PURE SEX on a bottle, and he's totally right!!!makes me awrrrrrr;P my brothers own this and every girl ask him, what are u wearing? a yummy yummy fragrance for a HOT AND SEXY MAN! like my bf ;) and brother. a really nice option for the original 212 MEN, a well done fragrance from CH house. MASCULINE, SEXY AND IRRESISTIBLE! cannot stop sniffing my bf when he is wearing this one! be irresistible, be you, be 212 sexy!!!

bp
bp

Pure sex in a bottle.
I love it.
I look forward to having this perfume in my collection.

jim
jim

Very similar to lemale without the fresh vibe.
Soft sweet and very comforting.
I love it
Longevity is about 5hours on my skin.

cyber861
cyber861

بویه گرم -تند-شیرین-مناسب فصله سرد-برای افرادی که به بوهایه تند حساس هستن اصلا جالب نیست و باعث سر درد میشه.

brooke621
brooke621

At first i had no idea which perfume it is when i smelled it on my bf and i was deeply in love with it. i never get to know the name of it and we broke up. Years later, i smelled it on a not very close frd and i couldn't help but kept sniffing it. Felt like a pervert for doing that and i just couldn't resist it. It makes me feel calm and relaxing for one moment and the next... i wanna jump on the person who wears it as it becomes sexy. I think in the near future, i'm gonna get myself a bottle even tho i'm a girl~

Cester
Cester

Smells somewhat like Armani Code, but with more vanilla to it. I'll definitely choose Code over this any day.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I really wanna try this...on me !
I love this scent, love it a lot.
I know it's a man cologne but I'm seriously thinking about wearing it. it's a mysterious, sensual, exciting and enjoyable scent.

Anup
Anup

It's weird how wrong the notes are on this one (July, 4, 2011). I got this in one of those sample bag my mom brought me a few years ago when she worked a Lancome counter. I found it a couple of weeks ago in an old shoebox, along with many other little vials i will be reviewing.
I can't help but think this has already been done before by quite a few houses (JPG, Kiss cosmetics), but, none the less i still like it, and find subtle differences between it and the others i mentioned.

The top:

Bergamot and mandarin orange offer up a very "sweet'n'sour" vibe, giving the entire fragrance a facelift of sorts, perking it up.
There is also a very slight green tinge in the first five minuets after application. Almost a "salad dressing" savory green saucy aroma! It is very subtle, examine hard and you may find it.

The middle:

Cardamom is clearly that "armpit" note that so many of you are concerned about. Trust me, it's strong, but it DOES NOT smell like armpits.
Cardamom is simply (like in most fragrances it is included in) mimicking the smell of a naturally aromatic spicy body odor. There is vetiver, without a doubt, seeping with earthy genuine cleanliness, alongside vetiver we have bouncy syrupy heliotrope. Pepper assists in this scents muskyness, and keeps it from becoming too "annoyingly" sweet. The middle of this fragrance is very mealy and hearty.

The base:

Vannilic with proper body. The base of this is typical, and features sandalwood, vanilla burbon, a touch of smoky guiac wood and musk. How the undertones of this fragrance don't blatantly give away it's commonality i'll never know. Perhaps it's the top and middle more or less holding it up. Keeping you from really seeing through the vanilla, sandalwood makeup.

I don't like doing this, but (i love your sayings Mr.Gypsy) IF YOU LIKE 212 sexymen you'll LOVE KISS HIM!

Smell: 6
Longevity: 3
Sillage: (while it lasts) 7

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

Very Sexy Fragrance I ever Smells, just my signature scent now & forever.

Sillage: 4.5/5

Cameron96McBride
Cameron96McBride

Ok i recently bought this 2 - 3 weeks ago, it was only $20 at shoppers drugmart, another almost blilnd buy but! i sneekingly opened it and i bought it instantly, hey its not the best but it has what i like in it. im going to spray on my wrist, oh and its a magnet cap its amazing ;)

{Wrist}- ok at first i dont want to sound silly but it almost smells like cream soda/. i swear theres so much vanilla in it, its amazing i love vanilla but its a bit woody or spicy which makes i smell almost like a cream soda really different its very sweet,i dont get very much bergamot or mandarin orange maybe one it starts to get to the drydown, its very much like cream soda for awhile. but i start to get some bergamot,but not much still very cream soda like,

ill do the drydown tommorow maybe but anyway lets rate this fragrance!

Longevity-(N/A)

Projection-(7.5)/ not the best proection but at some points you get very big whiffs of this without trying but not much its a cheapy i geuss..

Overall Smell- (7.8/7.9) Very much like a cream soda, lots of vanilla, not bad

Overall-(6.9/7/7.1) van choose but it wont last long its already fading and it hasnt been on very long.

but i do like what i get with the cream soda like smell.

Hope this helped!

scentualMan
scentualMan

This is such a confounding scent, yet I still really like it. First off all, it bears a significant resemblance to Le Male, so that hurts it in the originality department. But it does diverge in enough places to make it interesting.

The idea was to create a "fresh" oriental fragrance; however, what makes this fragrance paradoxical is that there is a combination of notes that smells distinctly of body odor/armpit at the beginning of the progression. Brilliant! Without this rank accord, this would be just another powdery oriental with no originality at all. The BO-ish smell (which is strange at first but quite tolerable after all) gives way to a virile, fresh aroma full of spices and balsam for a sweet touch. The finish is all vanilla and spice - doesn't get much sexier than this.

When I wear this I feel like a hot, Latin salsa instructor oozing sex appeal. Nice work, Senorita Herrera!

justine may
justine may

the best perfume! I miss my ex'boyfriend =(

Senzadite
Senzadite

The first time that i smelled this, smelled to me like arm pit...i guess is the pepper...i smelled it again and i bought it, it doesnt last that long is not a bad fragrance but is not innovating in any possible way.

lalalala
lalalala

i bought this one for my boyfriend for his birthday .. i paid about $65 for a 3.4 oz bottle. Worth every penny, it smells so sexy indeed. At first when you first spray it does give off a bit of a "feminine" scent so it may not be appropriate for the men who like more musky, manly fragrances. But for me, being the girlfriend it smells excellent on my guy's skin. I call it the "panty dropper" No ideas guys it's not magic LOLL. But it does exude sexiness and confidence. The bottle also is very nice and it has a magnetic bottle cap but it's a bit heavy but that's okay. It's one of those scents that just stand out. I consider it a romantic sexy scent - I'd call it JPL's Le Male brother but it's more sweet and has more depth. Definitely worth the buy girlfriends and wives!

frankiebue
frankiebue

Carolina herrera numba ONE!!!
I felt it on a my Mexican brodah... and i bought it in Amsterdam with the Best of 212 Man!!!

Sexy... so so sexy!!!

Longevity 7/10
Sillage 8/10
Scent 8/10

samsara1977
samsara1977

The name says it all for this fragrance. I really love it. Although I was intenting to buy 212 for men I bought this and it's very... sexy.
It's warm and cousy, sensual and very masculin. Men shouldn't be wearing light, feminine fragrances, I like a real men's cologne.

juanma

Me gusta mucho esta fragancia, es una de mis favoritas, al principio se parece bastante a Le Male de Gaultier pero despues de media hora o mas, empieza a mostrar su verdadera personalidad. Yo lo encuentro suave, dulce y bastante femenino. No entiendo eso que dicen que tiene olor corporal. Lo recomiendo para la noche y el invierno. Es una gran creacion que dista mucho del 212 original.

scribs
scribs

i don't really like this cologne, they gave this to me back when i was like 14 an back then i didn't know how to judge a cologne but now that im a bit older i can honestly say that i wouldn't recommend this to anyone ... the smell itself is kinda powdery and soft, not executed well like others, the projection is decently-whatever and the silage is moderate....all and all i give it a 5oo10

JohnMc
JohnMc

I tried this, was very happy with the sweet and slightly spicy initial phase, however the vanilla sweetness gave way to a strange smell of body odor (albeit sweet BO) which was the exact opposite of the opening. Thus, initially very attractive, but let down massively by the eventual (3+ hours) metamorphosis into something quite rank. Many reviewers complain about the off-putting smell of Kouros, however, that in my view is influenced as much by the quantity some folk apply (i.e. too much) and the reaction on their skin. This fragrance however, just seems to have a Jakyll & Hyde quality to it.

tetatu
tetatu

This is an Armani Code clone; they smell almost identical to each other.

Rockdj
Rockdj

SEXY and sexy; a sexual fragrance totally sexy!!!

I got the same feeling of wearing Le Male, Bleue Issey Miyake, Lancôme Hypnose Homme, or Armani Code. It's somewhat artificially sweet, warm, earthy, a bit edgy and dirty sexy feel. It's not my cup of tea. I still prefer the original 212

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Upon sniffing directly on my skin, I seriously got the body odor note, like REALLY got it. But then again, who does that? We don't stick our nose on a person, instead, we sniff their trail. I have yet to smell a person (not myself) fully wearing this to really judge it.

I hope:

1. The B.O. smell is just imaginary.
2. This works in humid, hot weather.
3. This can serve as a signature scent.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I mentioned in a review on Chaumet that it was like mixing Le Male with Bvlgari Black, though it warped between the two offactive personalities.

Well, 212 sexy is just like if you literally sprayed Le Male And Bvlgari
Black at the same time on the same spot of skin.
My more amateur nose ( back when?) would hbe lobed this scent an bought it on the spot. Kudos on the gorgeous smell, but it's been done.

Now the smell : If you haven't tried either of the three fragrances
I mentioned, you should definitely try this scent. 212 Sexy has a soapy aroma without being cheap, though it is slightly offensive in large doses, it's up to you to decide if you want to be noticed or just smell pleasant.

As the description states:
Slight citrus opening,
Spicy floral heart,
Sweet musky dry down.

guest_lavo
guest_lavo

Nothing exciting I hate having sent that I similer in my collection,its jpg plus armani code now this,,nah man jus wasted money today,its smells ok but no I'm dissapointed..
Kern...trinidad and tobago west indies

guest_ROUSAK
guest_ROUSAK

It smells like baby jhonson shampoo... how is this sexy???? dont be tricked by the name of this scent..it not worth it so please think and use your money to buy something that makes you smell like a man then you will be sexy..

WJ55Hombre
WJ55Hombre

well I tried this perfume..it's sweet and warm but not one of my favorites

Dad jax
Dad jax

Cross of LE Male JPG and Armani code...Nothing so special about it ! But still 6/10

212 sexy men is fantastic ! ;)
i have bought this one a week ago, my classmates are getting mad of the smell, every day they are asking for the name of my perfume, but i wont tell them! Cause they will break my record :)
If you wanna have 24 girlfriends for each hour of day and night, try 212 SEXY MEN.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Le Male clone, but the original is fresher. I suppose this could work as a night out version of LM.

carnation_addict
carnation_addict

I think i smelled this on a guy today. I have only one thing to say ( guys take notes):
If you want to drive a woman crazy, wear this!

Score:
MOUTHWATERING.

crestfallen
crestfallen

If you like Le Male by JPG, you will probably like this. Actually, you probably won't be able to tell a difference between the 2.

Le male has more lavender, and 212 Sexy has more "Dr. Pepper-ish sweetness" to it. But they smell relatively alike and this one is less popular so if I had to choose between the 2, I'd choose this.

guest_Vika

with time I changed my mind completely in 360 degrees. It is very beautiful scent, very warm, sweet, kind, gentle, but a little bit spicy and creamy. It is suitable also in summer. My man is very sexy with it indeed! I guess there are some kinds of perfume that you need to grow up for them.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I have to agree with the body odour thing, I remember sampling this and then panicking for the rest of the day incase people thought I had BO. It's just not a nice fragrance, so completely opposite of the original 212 Men which is one of my favourite scents.

autumn89
autumn89

Im surpised so few people have mentioned the fact this has a really rancid body odour note in it!

And its not just me, everyone i know who has tried it gets it too...

guest_dkbrussels
guest_dkbrussels

sweet frags and suit for a romantic /special night. I put this on to my t-shirt last night when I attended my friend's birthday. It's already 10 hours passed by and it still sticks in me just like I sprayed it at the first time. Got many compliments from all.

juanma

I AGREE WITH MUCH PEOPLE, 212 SEXY MAN HAS LIGHT A SIMILAR ONE WITH LE MALE OF GAULTIER, ALTHOUGH IS SMOOTH AND PERHAPS LESS AMBIGUOUS THAN LE MALE.

guest_Vika

I am dissapointed in it though my man likes it. But for me its like oldtime sucker candy made from fruits and mixed with cream. I don't know... but there is nothing special or masculine for me. No more Carolina Herrera Men for my man!

Brando
Brando

I do not like this at all. Kinda smells like sweat. Has a vanilla scent too. Kinda smells like Le Male after a while. Kinda has a grassy smell too.

denmaz
denmaz

I like this better than Le Male. 212 Sexy is smooth while Le Male is too harsh for me. Compared to Armani Code, i think it is a tie. But my favorite is still Givenchy Phi.

guest_sexykandy
guest_sexykandy

is good but the price in africa is very xpensive too much why i wanna buy some but the price is crazy.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Its very very sugary sweet. The guaiac wood comes through really quickly its prominent throughout. Very potent, long lasting and definitely unisex. Sickly sweet!

andy
andy

thinking about getting time capsule by creation lamis for 3 on perfumemax its a GREAT copy of this great scent

scenturian
scenturian

I dont c any similarities with the jpg le male, the only similarity can be that both r sweet type.
This is more subtle, deep and mysterious scent.
Perfect for closer occasions :)

nicholassua
nicholassua

a clone of JPG Le Male

I don't know. It is ok, but whenever I spray it on myself I get a nice sweet, vanilla smell but like it has been sprayed onto unwashed armpits. I think Joop! Thrill is a much better offering than this and JPG's Le Male.

kugkng
kugkng

Alike alot compare to JPG Le Male but easier to wear cause vanila floral intro...so yummy. Any way I decide to have one ^v^...Actally I would say it not exactly a clone from JPG le male because the initial spray start sharp sweet sugary and flral sometimes it might too sweet for someone(men) though but later it developed from sharp sweet note to smoother oriental-vanilla tone and woody scent getting potent so may this part I thuought it has a similarity to the brot. JPG such that not clear quite heavy smoky fougere at first and then the vanilla woodsy note aroma has been shown prominently so it left lovely cuddle base on skin.

vdxl
vdxl

I like it. It is not as special as Chic, it may have some similarities with Le Male by Gaultier, but it is still great. I feel lots of Pink Pepper and Vanilla. It is sexy indeed, and long lasting. Anyway, not as original and innovative as Chic.

Mazinho
Mazinho

The drydown of this scent is AWESOME!! On my skin it smells "dusty-sexy", it really is a matter of chemistry between scent and skin.
I am into Latin dancing(Salsa, Zouk, Samba, etc), and I tell you when I have this on, the ladies dance even closer, "Delicioso" is what they tell me :)) The "icy" vanilla note does wonders on warm-blooded male skin. It has medium silage and excellent longevity.

snitchings
snitchings

i've been using this perfume for the last few months and i think lately it started to smell like jean paul gaultier but slightly warmer.

Elitsa
Elitsa

It isn't as good as 212 Man - when i bought it i though it has ti be similar and better but i was very disappointed - it is very strong, sharp, heavy, i don't find anything sexy in it. I think it is suitable for evening out, disco..

Eros
Eros

I dont get it. What is "sexy" in this perfume ? It is simple like a corner of a house. Personally, I hear nothing even "attractive" in it. Could anybody explain ? Thank you.

da_markos
da_markos

herrera scents for men are very sweet itself, so extra sweetnes is to much...
much better is regular 212, chic or aqua (my favourite scent by herrera)

' "better" is enemy of "good" '(about sweetnes) - and 212 sexy is a perfect example of this expression

knightz
knightz

Top:
Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Green Leaf
Heart:
Cardamom, Flower Petals, Pepper
Dry Down:
Sandalwood, Vanilla, Bois de Gaiac, Musk, Amber

212 Sexy Men is a soft and sexy scent. The light citrus in the opening doesn't last longer than a few minutes, then it's a sensual Peppery-Cardamom spice with Florals after that. Some woods start to come through in the dry down, mostly Gaiacwood and Sandalwood with a light Vanilla note for sweetness. After about 2 hours I can detect a very light Musk for the remainder of it's fairly short life. To me, the Musk is not as strong as it is in the regular version of 212 Men, and I don't smell any Amber in 212 Sexy Men.

The sillage is average for half an hour, then it moves in close, really close, which is exactly what I want an intimate/romantic scent to do. Someone needs to move in closer to get a good whiff. Close for about 4 hours total, after that the nose needs to be pressed up firmly against the skin. Mmmmm...

If you want to try something with the same 'feel' as 212 Sexy Men, but with spices in the heart instead of florals, try Guess Suede. It's soft, sexy, spicy, woody, and a suede note of course.

azuriiita
azuriiita

you are right cody :D this smell like Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
Its sweet and masculine. Attractive. Its ok

cody1303
cody1303

Love this cologne. Smelled it on a guy... and really liked it. A bit strong and powerful but is great for night or special occasions. Reminds me a lot of Jean Paul Gaultier.

Kasku
Kasku

This is what my husband curently uses. It's more mature than the original one. It's still very magical :)

junior halston
junior halston

once again a very rich scent that is long last as the original 212.

this one at first spray reminds me of Dr Pepper soda...not saying that is a bad thing!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

If sprayed lightly enough, it can work on a woman as well. I love it! The 212 Sexy for women smelled too much like hairspray, but liked the sweetness of it. I wanted sweetness with a masculine touch, and this is it. It's great for a man, of course. Very sexy, sweet scent.

haunting
haunting

one of my favourites , so different , so unique!

wildflower
wildflower

I want this for my boyfriend!

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

If you like a special perfume for your man dont think about it: this one is perfect, sexy and masculine, but sweet at the same time

2007

212 Sexy Men by Carolina Herrera 3.80 out of 5 based on 718 ratings and 143 user reviews

Deodorant 5oz
Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
212 SEXY for MEN by Carolina Herrera SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
212 SEXY for MEN by Carolina Herrera SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 212 Sexy Men by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 212 Sexy Men by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.