Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women
dislike

I have it: 359 I had it: 297 I want it: 134 My signature: 11

tuberose
Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women Pictures

This fragrance is the essence of Carolina Herrera's style, embodiment of elegance and femininity, recommended for everyday use. The top notes are elegant jasmine and refined tuberose. The base consists of warm wood and amber. The fragrance was released in 1998. Carolina Herrera was launched in 1988.

Apricot Orange Blossom Green Notes Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood

Honeysuckle Indian Tuberose Hiacynth Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Narcissus Spanish Jasmine

Sandalwood Amber Musk Civet Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Sand & Sable

Carolina Herrera Fragrance Reviews

Fonna2
Fonna2

Just received this from a friend who said it was too "flowery",....and I'm glad I got it!!

A thick, heady, grounded, and intoxicating perfume, that best be worn in cooler weather or else it seems to turn too sweet and cloying in warmer weather, like today.
Comforting and warm floral. Not sugar sweet but "marshmallow-y" sweet....iow, just sweet enough.

Tuberose lovers will absolutely love this one, however, it doesn't have that 'pinch' of civet that occasionally accompanies tuberose, even though it is listed, I don't detect it.

It is not a mature perfume in the sense that it reminds me of play perfume. I don't think there's any alcohol in it at all, and smells that it was made in a water base, but that's not a bad thing, it smells goooood.
I found adding a little lemon essential oil with it as it seems to thin out the "thick bouquet".

It reminds me of a super refined Giorgio.

It's a keeper.
I can't wait for Autumn as I may just love this instead of liking it.

Coraline89
Coraline89

It is indeed a very strong 'powerhouse' type of fragrance,but there is something quite special about its formulation that makes is timeless in my opinion.

Note - I am still a newbie of the fragrance world.

On the first spray it is so strong that I cannot smell it,but after a few seconds it dries down to a very warm,rich,comforting smell.

This perfume smells on my skin throughout the day as honey/amber/sandal - that kind of rich and quite heavy smell infused with just a bit of tuberose and white flowers,but not overwhelming at all.

After an hour or so it turns just a bit sour,but on colder days I have noticed that it doesn't.

Again perfume is something extremely personal and if you enjoy trying out new things you might/or not be pleasantly surprised.

Hollie
Hollie

I'm not usually afraid to try new perfumes but this one scared me a little. I read most of the reviews beforehand....that's what did it. Not the parts that said it was over-the-top strong.....I love that...it was that it was all white flowers & junk. I have not had the best of luck with tuberose & white flower perfumes. I like the idea of them but when they hit my skin they turn stinky....reminding me of my Grandmas freshly cleaned bathroom. Well...this bottle had been staring at me from the top shelf of a Ross perfume shelf for the last few months...never moving..which surprised me a bit. I caved yesterday...which was,again, scary as our Ross has a no-return policy on opened bottles of perfume. My impression upon first spray was...yeah..this is BIG white flowers...and strong! But..something happened after maybe fifteen minutes. The civet came through...& something akin to warm, woody honey settled onto my wrist.The big, scratchy white flower bouquet (that's what white flowers sometimes smells like to me...scratchy) dissipated and made room for something warmer, richer, rounder. I tried Red Door Aura a while back and the drydown on this reminds me of Aura. For some reason, Aura never clicked for me but there was something honey-like in it that I could love. This also wears on my like a brighter version of Chloe. When wearing scents like these, I have to get myself in a tropical state of mind. If I don't imagine things like swaying palm trees, endless blue oceans, sun-toasted sands and fragrant, island blooms, I don't appreciate what I'm smelling. For me, surprisingly, this one works and I'm happy to add it to my collection. It's elegant yet unassuming.

glitterlust
glitterlust

This is how I imagine Humbert Humbert's nymphets to smell.

My skin discards the intense floral notes in about 45 minutes and allows this equine beauty to smoulder on for hours. A perfect prize pony, highly recommended for civet lovers.

Katbaby
Katbaby

It's pretty boring. Doesn't last long at all on the skin. It's bottle and packaging are more elegant and sassy than the perfume itself. Won't set you apart or stand out from the crowd and probably you'll be the only one smelling it. It's very safe. Job interview or funeral comfort.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Another blind buy based on the ingredients. This perfume was launched in 1988, I remember a lot of samples being disributed in the late eighties, glas vials packed in the typical white and gold polkadot card.
In the late eighties I was much younger and my taste in perfume was limited to heavy musks and soft florals. I was not attracted to Carolina Herrera perfume at all, I thought it was a typical elderly lady perfume.
Well, I am on my way of becoming an elderly lady now! I am in my early fifties and my tasted has evolved to rich, bombastic florals.
Compared to Fracas and TOD this is a refined and elegant tuberose, I have the edp so this is probably the more concentrated.
The tuberose blends in very well with the orange blossom, the jasmin and honeysuckle and especially the hiacynth, tuberose may be what you smell at first but when it settles down the tuberose and orange blossom play equal parts. It is a much more wearable perfume, creamier and less loud compared to Fracas and TOD for instance. The longevity on me is about 5 to 6 hours, the dry down consists mainly of orange blossom and jasmin. On me the drydown of this perfume is very similar to Jasmin Full by Montale, one of my favourite fragrances. I am very happy with my purchase, I will surely be wearing this one for work!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Wow! Bam! Boom!
This is a powerhouse perfume, that's for sure.
While it's not for me, I can easily understand its elegance and appreciate it for its unashamed boldness.

It's a movie star in a sparkled gown on the red carpet, or an opera singer on stage in full dress...80s style.

I've seen this compared to Fracas (*cringes*) and I believe that was Carolina's intention. The heavy tuberose is there, sure, but Carolina Herrera is actually tolerable and doesn't exercise my gag reflexes, regardless of how overwhelming it is.
So that's a plus.

julieekerr
julieekerr

purchased this in the EDP when it first came out. barely used but still smelling good as stored well. it is a real statement fragrance. Loved the midnight jasmine i used to smell on holiday and this reminded me of those warm balmy evenings. Just too heavy for me to wear much of the time. Now prefer more sweeter perfumes like Elie Saab le parfum intense.

kittyh30
kittyh30

OMG, so aggrivated.. Ordered Carolina Herrera "Carolina" and ended up with a big bottle of "Carolina Herrera" well, for those of you that can't figure it out, they are not the same. The one I thought I ordered was the one with the large gold dots on the package. Back in 2003ish, I purchased from TJMaxx, what a delight!!! could never find it again. Was so excited to find it online, purchased and was sent the wrong scent. Called, sent back, supposedly situation was rectified. They sent back the same bottle. ugh, stinky. Too heady/tuberose... headache in a bottle.. almost reminds me of White Diamonds or something? hmmm not happy. :(

Chloebelle95
Chloebelle95

Wow. 80s/90s powerhouse. Sillage and projection are impressive! (sillage monster haha)VERY strong, beware. Less is more.

I wouldn't describe it as 'sex in a bottle' (or at least that's not my idea of it...) but I picture a classy, elegant mature woman wearing it. To office, in a suit, or maybe on a winter's evening.

To me it had that 'mothballs' feeling... (not too much though)I like florals as long as they are not sharp/bitter and this is (unfortunately)

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

If you are looking for something as expressive but not as aldehydic as Chanel 5, this might be an option. Perfect for official and business occasions, but still very feminine and elegant. If not overdosed, it will not overwhelm you, despite its undoubtedly strong character and huge dose of jasmine.

Majesty
Majesty

Carolina Herrera perfume to me is a legendary,refined classic,eternal scent. It is so unique and beautiful,full of grace and charm. An ethereal combination of jasmine,tuberose with a animalic white flowers-civet drydown. An amazing all time classic. It has nothing to envy from niche scents. It is such a well made big bouquet of white flowers that makes the wearer feel sophisticated and graceful . I have the EDT version and I will definitely try the EDP version when I get the chance. Refinement and sophistication in a bottle. Very good lasting power,it always lives a trail.

wan hassna
wan hassna

It's the best scent for me so far....., but kind of difficult to find it in stores (where I live) nowadays ...

larali
larali

I love Amarige so I was excited to try this one. However, they are different in character, and I think civet is to blame. In this one, civet is the prominent note (on me at least). Tuberose comes in second. I like civet, but man, this is civet city. The fragrance is also quite green. I will wear this, but only on very cold days, to tame that civet.

Catty

This is a very rich, glamouros floral but wearable during the daytime, what for many Tuberose scents outside is an issue, since a Tuberose-Jasmin scent is from the nature usually potent.

When you spray it, it´s strong. But give CH only some seconds, and it turns itself quickly into a very pleasant and lighter smaell, that stays with you the whole day, making you feel yourself a Diva.

One spray in the day, it´s enough. I receive many compliments in the Company. Once I had even to write the Name of the perfume to a workmate.

Simply divine!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I finally got my hands on a vintage I have been lusting for months.

I first smelled this in soap form probably more than 15 years ago and the bottle I have smells true to that amazing luxury soap smell I always kept in my mind.

The fragrance for me is sunny yellow bright at the start---beautiful spring flowers, lots of tuberose and orange blossom maybe? After a few hours the soapy musky woody smell starts to dominate. The ending is tempered down and dense and beautifully complex.

This is 100% feminine, graceful, but never ever boring. I'm so sad to hear that it is reformulated.

kmacnme
kmacnme

This is the BEST perfume that I have EVER purchased and worn. It has been hard to find one that has the same high standard. It is light, but long lasting and I used to get tons of compliments. It fills a room, but not in a "I need to sneeze, yuk" kind of way. I highly recommend it.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Very strong and pretty floral (at first) with great lasting power particularly on fabric...on skin it truly depends on chemistry as it really didn't last great on me but did last well on my partner in crime (well perfume testing). Notes of honeysuckle, tuberose, ylang-ylang, bergamot, hit me hard while green notes and the civet took over the dance before the night was through. I'm not overly fond of civet so I retired my bottle. Not everyone's taste but very interesting and could be very lovely on the right lady. Angelina Jolie's signature for years, maybe that speaks for the scent? Strong, noticeable, obviously very pretty, and ultimately nauseating in overexposure.
Best in small amounts, a Spring scent. Very affordable. Too " animalistic rolled around in flowers" for me...but I'm willing to try again!

Carolina Herrera is a rich, green tuberose fragrance. It is significantly better than Carolina Herrera's Chic which also featured a tuberose accord, done badly I'm afraid. Carolina Herrera smells much more classy.

This fragrance is generally well-received. Many of my perfumista friends were impressed by it and have been known to wear it quite often. As someone who enjoys white florals I was eager to test Carolina Herrera, so when I realised that it wasn't sold on Australian shores, I ordered a sample.

As a tuberose fragrance, Carolina Herrera is deliciously buttery and rich. It has a somewhat classic feel, very feminine but also quite powerful. Although similar in style to Robert Piguet's Fracas, I would say that Carolina Herrera smells more green and fresh.

One may immediately assume that Carolina Herrera is best worn during Spring and Summer, however I would also recommend it for Autumn and Winter. The buttery floral notes really shine under the cold weather conditions.

My review is based on a vial of the EDP concentration. Carolina Herrera is also available in an EDT. I personally prefer a strong dose of tuberose, so the EDP does me fine. The sillage is quite strong, and lasting power superb. I highly recommend.

queops
queops

Jasmine and tuberose

itsallgood
itsallgood

When I wear this perfume, I put it on low and let the scent waft up as the day gets hotter and hotter. That way I don't knock anybody out when I walk into a room, including myself. I'm a southern girl and I remember honeysuckle growing wild along dusty dirt roads and rolling hills with watermelons growing on them and cold Santa Fe orange sodas in sweaty glass bottles. This perfume takes me back to those steamy Alabama summers spent at Big Mama's house. That was forever ago, but when I wear this perfume, I'm back on Big Mama's porch.

jtd

People who lived large and loud in the 1980s will tell you that the bigness of the era was a reflection of exuberance and the sense of endless potential. It wasn’t. It was mostly just un-nuanced and noisy.

Enter Carolina Herrera, the perfume, not the person. It’s a child’s stick-drawing of a tuberose blown up to billboard size, shaken with a shot of over-concentrated artificially sweetened grape kool-aid. Both monstrous and shrill, it was overconfident where it should have been self-conscious. Classically 80s in style, Carolina Herrera reminds me how tedious and draining those conversations with people on blow were.

from scent hurdle

Fridaime
Fridaime

It is nice in other persons, too warm and strong for me.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Carolina Herrera is a ultra feminine flower extravaganza! The tuberose is not pungent like in other florals. It is soft and lush. In my opinion, the honeysuckle and Narcissus should be ranked a little higher than the civet. This is one of the most pleasant examples of civet used in a floral that I personally have ever smelled. Anyway, despite the fact Carolina Herrera was introduced in the 80's, it is a classic and still relevant in the 2010's. I love it!

Happy Perfuming! ♥

PS I am highly sensitive to strong florals. I get horrible headaches. This one is headache free so I feel like I would be comfortable wearing it in a crowd.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Dense very thick and long lasting, Carolina Herrera edp is clearly following the big tuberose centred scents. I like it as I feel it has its own personality. The inclusion of green notes and brazilian rosewood adds a deeper impression to the top classic combination of bergamot, orange blossom and apricot. The incredible bouquet of flowers that come next is brilliant, intoxicating, creamy and sweet. Tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, hyacinth and narcissus, combined with sweetening lilly of valley and honeysuckle. It is plenty's at its most revealing shape. The dry down shows lots of amber, musk and cedar in my skin. Civet is noticeable but not extreme or dark sided. Sandalwood and oakmoss used to be stronger in the original version.

I like it very much and I used it quite a lot in fall and winter. Though other people seem to think it is just appropriate for nighttime, I like how it develops on a cloudy day, just like today's one in my city. Remember you need to apply a small amount.

Highly recommend a try if you are a tuberose lover. If you like Blonde this is a more wearable relative though in me needs less amount for an even longer presence. If you like big white floral scents with warm ambery musky end, Carolina Herrera might also hook your nose.

PinkSky
PinkSky

Aloha,

Polyanesia smells like this when first touching down on the tarmac with the fragrance of the lei stands' flowers flooding into the air conditioners on the plane...

and more so when my loved ones placed those fresh flowers around my head and heart with loving welcome home...

this beautiful heavenly fragrance is one of pure love

you have to have a high tolerance and be able to joy in all this loving sweetness... this one is not for the faint of heart... this is true committment

sophisticated, powerful, and nakedly in the open
all this love in a bottle will blossom upon your skin
and meld with all the love within you

Carolina Herrera got this one right

the few who can carry this one comfortably
are real sweethearts who are very comfortable and at home living within the heart of love

at least on special occasions

psychologically, emotionally, spiritually
not every female is oriented this way

those who are not will prefer perfumes that are more reflective of their more dominant traits - lasting feminine sweetness not necessarily the one they are most comfortable with entering a room with them for all the world to immediately know about them...

i am not old and am very young at heart, and everyone who smells this wants to just, 'breathe me in' for a moment and becomes visibly more relaxed

i wear this most days, and find it works well for me in all seasons - especially in the heat of summer - just like all those tropical flowers are blooming in the heat - it melds with me delightfully

so if you are happy, and can enjoy a mouthful of honey
without it being too much - you will do just fine
with this

and if you are not, and would like to, you can move little by little into your own heart of sweetness no matter what kind of woman you are or thought yourself to be

and over time will find that your chemistry will change
and your heart will become more comfortable
announcing love clothed in the white flowers of paradise

and people all around you will remain near you a little longer to just 'breathe you in' and relax within this loving sweet embrace

aloha

Debshee
Debshee

Somoene below says it was launced in 1988. Certainly smells like it. Strong and mix of too much which was good for the 80s when lots of people smoked. Not good for 2013. Something in it (civet maybe?) smelled like urine on the test strip.

Catty

This prefume definetly dresses my dreams...I just purchase a new bottle for this upcoming spring. Big Fan!

monamonib

let me add my review ihave tried carolinaeau de perfume many time and i hate the smell of jasmine in it may be always when igo to try it my body always hot so hgot only the strong note of jasmine and tube rose very thick finally after three month itried again and idiscover very wonderful note of the peach mixed with the white flower very good so ilike it and it was lasy piece they sid it will be discontinue
iwent to another shop to get another piece but ifound only eau de toilet it is very nice also freas airy with same notes but light ifound will be good for summer and iwill keep the other for winter

elizabeth.tuttle
elizabeth.tuttle

Launched in 1988 not 1998.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I used it, its Very Heavy and long long long lasting... I loved it but im not into buying a new bottle. it is not a perfume that you can live with it forever.

artsyrn
artsyrn

When I am having a remarkably delicious desert I often find myself automatically humming with pleasure... this fragrance elicits that sort of knee jerk,joyful response. Just like savoring a really rich delicacy, one may do well to have this also in moderation... but, do enjoy every intense moment!

yvankraft
yvankraft

Deep, intense, misterious... This features a kind of jasmine very tipical of Spain and Portugal, Azores, more exactly. It was brought to South America by the Jesuits. Carolina Herrera, like jasmine, is a night fragrance. I loved the slogan: "The perfume which dresses the dreams"... Simply eternal.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Think of The Carrington's, Dynasty, Dallas, Knot's Landing...all of the great trashy, "we have so much money and power we are bored" night time soap opera's of the late 80's in America and it sums up this scent. Powerful, bold, sexy, but too much can be nauseating for certain. Interestingly enough....I want it!!!!

Ms S
Ms S

Divine Jasmine and Tuberose, happy sunny spring days.Just beautiful and feminine but on my skin it isn't vibrant only shy and discrete. Still love it and definitely will buy the EDP when my EDT finish.

TRIIRIS94
TRIIRIS94

Elegant bottle,great smell BUT doesn't last too much.Such a pity.

This one is gorgeous! Wonderful strong, bold, flowery scent that reminds me of the 90's. For the woman who loves attention and love to be in the middle of all action. Less i more, 1 spray and you smell faboulus all day - if you spray to much this one will be thick and overwhelming. If you spray your clothes they will smell wonderful for many days.

Denna är gudomlig! Härlig, stark, vågad blommig doft som påminner mig om 90-talet. För kvinnan som är van att vara medelpunkten och gillar uppmärksamheten. Lite är lagom. 1 sprejning gör att du doftar suveränt hela dagen, 2 sprejningar gör den tjock och övermäktig. Om du sprejar dina kläder eller jacka så doftar de underbar i många dagar.

RGR
RGR

Lord! This has got to be some rich, lavish, powerful lady here!
This is all feminine, curvy and silk dressed. The highest heels on earth aren't high enough for this woman. I imagine a Jessica Rabbit or Sharon Stone dangerous persona wearing this just to instigate rowdy fights in groups of men. This is not a quiet stay at home lady. This lady rides a limo, goes to meetings full of men and manages to call the shots..... everywhere. And she likes it I might ad.

This is a bouquet of white flowers teased by apricot and bergamot. The tuberose is always taking center stage.The dry down is more floral power softened with musk, amber and sandalwood.

On the right person this is just downright bold and womanly. Men will come closer and women will respect you for wearing this. This is not a fragrance for shy women! This fragrance will run you over like a train if you are too young, frail or hesitant.

jtd

Enter Carolina Herrera, the perfume, not the person. It’s a child’s stick-drawing of a tuberose blown up to billboard size, shaken with a shot of over-concentrated sugar-free grape kool-aid. Both monstrous and shrill, it was overconfident where it should have been self-conscious. Classically 80s in style, Carolina Herrera reminds me how tedious and draining those conversations with people on blow were.

amelie
amelie

I had it few years ago, it's quite strong and longlasting, but I wouldn't say elegant...actually one note really stands out and makes it a bit heavy. Somewhat reminded me of Spellbound EL, without the finesse, even dissonant, as if all the flowers were too loud. I don't think I should purchase it again,just unpleasant to (my) nostrils. Maybe it's weird, different.,,might be good if you're looking for some really heavy stuff.
Agree with Sassy1 - must be used with a light hand!

Nicole79
Nicole79

...Carolina Herrera smells so nice and feminine, sweet and bright, not very strong. It is not an"old" fragrance at all..i mean it is so feminine and warm,suitble for most ocasions, day,office, wedding, cocktail, evening , u name it. I don't detect any disturbing note in it, nothing dirty or so....:)Thank God...
Very very nice indeed.Love .

Miss, you can find vintage formulations of almost any perfume online, if you explicitly add the term vintage in the search.

Missingch
Missingch

This has been my signature scent for 24 years. I recently bought a new bottle and noticed a change it the formulation. It's not as beautiful as it once was and I'm heartbroken.

I must now find a new fragrance. Any help would be appreciated.

carpatina75
carpatina75

Very wonderful smell, strong at the beginning and than idyllic one. It smells like Fracas but not so bitterih.

AxelsAngel
AxelsAngel

At first, it was too strong for me.....but gradually it began to blend in and bring out the elegant and sophisticated side of me. Great for office and for an elegant evening.

Catty

This is my eternal floral!!! I can purchase many others, along all this time, but CH is the majesty!
a soveran elegance. A very distinct and feminine floral!

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

Perfume quite different from other brand perfumes (CH). It is an aroma "vintage", floral, and strong ... therefore should be used with caution ... Optimal fixation.

Perfume bem diferente dos demais perfumes da marca (CH). Trata-se de um aroma "vintage", floral, e forte... por isso, deve ser usado com cautela... Ótima fixação.

nikkirose
nikkirose

September 17th 2012

It's vintage and it's avant garde.
To associate this perfume to the bygone era and to ladies over the age of 30 is disappointing.

Experiment 1:
I wore the fragrance with my black silk oriental pants and black turtle neck shirt, pair of nude-coloured pearls, a black sports watch plus a chignon on a lazy day to work. It is the best fragrance for all black, the fragrance stood out as if it is the most beautiful thing on earth. Carolina Herrera encapsules perfect abstract for modern elegance without the expensive dresses and night at the opera...

To be continued... (Experiment 2)

CH is truly the Grande Dame of perfumes if there ever was one. As soon as I smelled it, it smelled like old Southern money. I could imagine this on some Southern socialite throwing a party at her mansion in Coral Gables (near Miami). A poolside party at night, in the summer heat. There would be garlands of white flowers floating on the pool's surface, with candles burning in the middle of them. Nobody would be swimming because they are all way too rich and wouldn't want to ruin their makeup, hair extensions, and evening gowns by Versace or Narciso Rodriguez. The main drink on the menu is a frozen peach bellini.

Tuberose and apricot smell so exotic and fresh; and sparkly and boozy like an exclusive cuvee. Then the civet creeps in and makes me very uneasy, as the perfume takes on an extremely animalic turn for the worst (comme JOY), only to be redeemed by a soft and ladylike blend of peach and honeysuckle. Yes, this has mega-rich Southern Belle written all over it!

I own a bunch of perfumes that are supposed to have been either made for royalty, worn by royalty, or re-created by scientific analysis of some ancient ruler's perfume bottle: Clive Christian, Nenufar by Scents of Time, Black Jade by Lubin, Bluebell by Penhaligon's, Laetitia and Josephine by Rance 1795. And yet none of these seem fit for a queen. Carolina Herrera might be the only perfume I've ever smelled that seems fit for the most elegant people alive.

While it's a beautiful perfume, it's not really "me." Even for a Leo, Queen of the Jungle, it's too ostentatious, and that is something I've never said about a single perfume in my whole life. Go ahead and read my reviews for those big, bold florals like Boucheron, Gio Armani Parfum, Chanel No.22, Caleche, Red Door. None of them mention the word ostentatious! But if I wore this perfume all I would think to myself is, "Seriously, who do you think you are? Royalty or something?"
------------------------------------------------------

P.S. This is what I thought Fracas would smell like, minus the peach scent. I agree with other reviewers who think this smells better than Fracas.

Migalex
Migalex

It seems that I am alone here on my grasp of this scent, because the note to my by far dominant here is bergamot. I might also think jasmine is quite strong, but not spanish or common jasmine, because the jasmine scent I might smell it is pink jasmine. This perfume is to me very similar to one of my favorite scents, Ted Lapidus Creation, but I do not really appreciate Carolina Herrera. Overall, to me, this scent is quite odd, but not in a good way. It is reminiscent of the scent plant jar water acquires when it has gone bad (and I attribute this to the pink jasmine) mixed with the scent of tangerine also gone bad (bergamot). Aqua di Gio, to me, is even closer to the scent of plant water gone bad, but in aqua di Gio it seems to be the mixture of banana leaves and jasmine, which also seems to be pink jasmine, but I do not know. As well as bergamot and jasmine, Carolina Herrera seems to have the scent of mango, but it is not listed amongst the notes, so I assume it does not have it. Well, overall, I do not find the scent appealing, not even on other people, although I do not find it unpleasant either. The only thing I appreciate about this scent is the huge silage (one of the best) and very good staying power. But if one does not like the scent, this is not a good thing, because it can be seen as too much, as I see it in fact, as something eventually as embarassing as body odour. Well,but I do not think it is a bad perfume, just an odd scent. Creation, which is much cheaper, is much more complex and although it starts in a way somehow close to Carolina Herrera, it does evolve into a sexy, very animalic drydown. From my viewpoint, it is far superior, not comparable, really.

My3Champs
My3Champs

A simply pretty white floral with refreshing tuberose.

My first thought upon donning CAROLINA HERRERA was that it was pretty close to GIORGIO. Big, bad, tuberose-centric 1980s powerhouse. To be fair, however, I need to clarify that CAROLINA HERRERA is a much higher quality perfume than is GIORGIO BEVERLY HILLS--at least in its current formulation, the one available at drugstores such as CVS (where I picked up a bottle for a pittance). My understanding is that, once upon a time, GIORGIO, too, used to be made of higher-quality materials and perhaps in that incarnation it would not have induced severe headaches in me. But the current version is not really a wearable perfume, at least not by me.

CAROLINA HERRERA is somewhat more complex compositionally than is GIORGIO, primarily because of the massive blast of civet! My manufacturer's carded sample vial came from a discounter, so I do not know how old it is, but the liquid had evaporated a bit, so I may really be testing something closer to extrait than eau de parfum. In any case, based on the reviews of others I've seen, the eau de parfum is already a pretty potent potion. It has been said that Angelina Jolie likes this perfume, so that probably already means something. Recall that she used to carry an amulet of Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck, in addition to engaging in plenty of public displays of lustiness.

I think that I may have missed the CAROLINA HERRERA boat. This might have smelled better to me in times past, but by now I have been spoiled by the likes of FRACAS, BLONDE, and my latest tuberose acquisition, Miller Harris NOIX DE TUBEREUSE, all of which are much more wearable by me. Still, CAROLINA HERRERA is real perfume, and civet lovers such as HRH Emperor Oliver give this "live dangerously--and loudly" perfume double paws up with flaring nostrils!

-------------------
Note: I believe that this perfume was launched in 1988, not 1998.

muglerian7
muglerian7

Very pretty, intense at first, but dry down is fabulous... reminds of Boucheron

Vamy69
Vamy69

I think this one is all about skin chemistry. It either works or it is a disaster! For me it works. You really have to be a white floral lover to like this one. It is an attention getter and will not be put in a corner and ignored. Proceed with caution! But enjoy the ride!

soulflwr
soulflwr

This Ms. Herrera is a fickle one. Wear it with the wrong outfit and she'll have you feeling like a dumpy old maid, but slap on some heels, lipstick, mascara, and shave above the knees and she'll have you looking like "Damn she's sexy!" lol

There's a saying "There's no such thing as a natural beauty" and it always comes to mind when I wear this one, with the right amount of style and a little bit of M.A.C., the sensual tuberose in the composition can take you from ordinary to extraordinary...The outfit, hair, and makeup are the first $999,950 and Ms. Herrera is the final fifty on the way to looking and feeling like a million bucks.

monamonib

to thoes who can not found yvresse of saint lauran this is the same copy from sweet floral and long lasting too

blueberrymuffin
blueberrymuffin

One of the most beautiful florals with intensive fresh jasmine. However, it`s not playful but rather serious and mature yet elegant type of scent. Extreme longevity and sillage, should be used very sparingly.

missymary
missymary

Move over Amarige I have found a worthy successor!

Carolina Herrera is my type pf perfume. rich floral through and through, and not ashamed of it, but don't get me wrong, it's not loud, in fact, it's the opposite of loud, it's elegant and dressy. It has an Estee Lauder depth, and like Beautiful, it could well be a romantic wedding perfume.

I don't get any chypre feel from it. I get pure flower gardens crammed with sweet white flowers and ripe honeysuckle. In the background, there are lively sensuous zingy scents of nectarine from narcissus and hyacinth.

I've had more compliments on this one perfume than all my others put together, and from people of both sexes and all ages. I've been asked if it's a new perfume! I'm convinced that the fad for insipid fruity/florals in coming to an end. Welcome back, BIG florals. Carolina Herrera rocks!

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

This one is pure sex in a bottle for me. There is something about the combination of the chypre aspects and the big white floral--the headiness and the strong core--that really melts my butter. Lasts about 6 hours on skin for me, at least 12 on my hair. Since I only wear this in the evening, that is perfect. Too sensual for the office for me, but perfect for spring and summer evenings with my husband.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

To me, this is just an ok white floral. It doesn't blow me away, and thank GOD I can't detect the civet! YUCK! It's just completely white floral... a little much, and definitely not for young women! I can see a fashionable 60-something woman wearing this. I love Carolina Herrera for not testing on animals, but I cannot wear this scent, as I am still in my 20s! Can't wait to try 212 Sexy... maybe that will be the right CH for me! ;)

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Among the hottest floral perfumes! I come to the conclusion, that any time when perfume contains civet, it smells somehow sexy. The final scent still depends of other ingredients -could be fantastic and could be almost cloying sometimes. I can see people describing this kind of scents like 'an old lady'tipe perfumes. I don't think so!
Carolina Herrera for women is fantastic, just right mix of civet and sweet flowers. I really like it, smells wonderful on me.
You can't go wrong whith that, but be careful when apply, could be quickly too much, as it is strong and long lasting! I prefer stronger perfumes, so I'm happy.

Mirlo
Mirlo

Whenever I smell this perfume, I get the feeling that it's Acqua di Gio's dark, seductive, evil twin. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but to me there's something VERY characteristic that both fragrances share (and that I find extremely addictive), even though they're really different. It's probably the white floral touch, especially the lovely, lovely jasmine.
I love wearing Acqua di Gio for college in the morning and then Carolina Herrera when I go out at night that same day. While the first one is fresh, lovely and casual, this one really does make a statement. It's sexy, classic, unbelievably floral and intense. It's the kind of perfume my grandma loves, and by that I only mean that it IS very 1920's. There's a lot you could say about it, but I don't think you could say that it's a bad perfume. Like every other scent that could be labelled "old lady-ish", you either find it addictive or way too strong, you either pull it off or you don't, and it either suits the occasion perfectly or it's a bad choice all in all. But it's not a bad scent. I can understand that some people find it too classic or retro, but sometimes that is the desired effect! The floral intensity reminds me of curled hair and pretty earrings. I like to wear Carolina Herrera the same way that I like to occasionally wear a vintage dress that used to belong to my grandmother when she was much younger: to evoke a classic, stylish sensuality and femininity. I'm sure that "actual" and standard fragances are a lot lighter and a lot easier to pull off, but they also don't surprise you like this one does. This perfume doesn't go unnoticed.
I find it's only wearable on certain occasions. I wouldn't wear it for work or college, for instance, and I wouldn't wear it either if my attire shouts "Hey there, I'm a semi-hobo!" (which is the case for me most mornings lol). Wear it if you're looking to strike others as classy, glamourous, sexy-but-not-cheap, beautiful and mature, like you just stepped out of a black-and-white movie. Not appropiate if you are after the girl-next-door look.

Nicolee
Nicolee

Elegant and timeless. Sticks on you and it doesn't take much so it lasts forever.

fobia
fobia

I remember many years ago when I was a kid, my older sister saved up all her money so that she could buy a bottle of my mom's favorite perfume for her as a birthday gift. I remember going to the store with her to pick it out.. all we could afford was the tiniest bottle of Carolina Herrera, but we were so excited about getting her this gift. My mother loved it and was so happy with her new bottle. :) It took her forever to use the little bottle up because she didn't want to run out. Thinking about this makes me want to smell it again... I know it must be very floral, since that's what my mom likes to wear.

ALaM
ALaM

A little off topic but....wasn't this launched in 1988 not 1998?

Catty

I was wearing Carolina Herrera Femme another day in a Cafe.

A very elegant man in a table by my side, came and asked what perfume I had on. He found it very elegant and feminine, and he would like to buy it for his girlfirend.

That´s CH Femme unforgettable!

lokumka
lokumka

Wonderful,very floral,clean and feminine fragrance!It is very looong lasting,about 24h & more!The BL is also great!Love it!

adesoprano
adesoprano

This is almost identical with Lady Caron. I have and like LC very much, but this seems to have better sillage. I own a bottle of Fracas as well, and I can't find similarities. I imagine a young lady (20 years old maybe) wearing a white dress, with her long wind blown hair, walking through a field of flowers in a sunny summer day.

pippab
pippab

Carolina Herrera is delightful! It's a very uplifting fizzy fragrance. Staying power is incredible and projection is excellent. It's perfect for the warmer months of the year. I appreciate it so much more than Fracas - although it contains tuberose, it doesn't have that rubbery note that I can't seem to get my head around.

It's strong - it's still evident in the morning after spraying on the night before. I'm not a particularly allergic person, but I had to discontinue using it because it gave me a rash. Such a shame because I really like it.

LoveIvoire
LoveIvoire

This is a scent WISH I could wear. I sprayed this on from a tester in the early 1990s and my instant thought was OMG that has to be the most beautiful fragrance ever created!! Unfortunately I have a very sensitive nose and an hour later I had a migraine! Not sure which ingredient was the offender, but I think it could be the tuberose. The scent is ultra-feminine and the number of floral components astounds me! But hey, try it -- you may love it! I will stick with Ivoire de Balmain, I've worn now for 31years, and it's heavenly!!

Catty

My bottle just arrived and it´s a Diva´s scent.

It´s so true thet Carolina Herrera is the queen of all divas´ signature scent, Angelina Jolie.

A Diva´s scent is not for everyone and everywhere.

This sparkling and exuberant Floral is like Champagne. You have to apply it with moderation and in very special moments.

It´s a very sophisticated vintage scent.
The smell de la Richesse.

Love it!

Croneangel
Croneangel

Please bear with me on this one... this fragrance had an odd effect on my imagination. Found it at a GREAT price at a well known discount retailer. When I got out to the parking lot I gave it a medium spritz. Luckily on my left arm! Then hopped on into the truck and WHOOAAA...was this ever potent. Proceeded to drive home with my arm out the window, but the fragrance kept getting stronger!! Thats when I caught myself visualizing this HUGE mastodon behind my pickup, head down, shoving me up the highway. His name was TUBEROSE. Of course I started to chuckle about that, even more so when I wondered what THAT would look like to the cars behind me.
Then the fragrance started to change a bit. I could tell that even with my arm out the window! But it didn't calm down any. No. Another mastodon appeared...and his name was JASMINE. By this time I was laughing out loud as he shouldered up next to TUBEROSE and they both proceeded to push my old truck along. Of course, the view from the rear kept popping into my mind. So be warned, the tuberose and jasmine notes in this parfum have balls... no doubt about it!
On the plus side, this fragrance is obviously quality ingredients. And, on my skin, after the first two and a half hours (!) it (finally) starts to dry down to a LOVELY scent!!!!! And no more mastodons. Thank God!

diddyscafe
diddyscafe

This is Angelina Jolie's signature fragrance... And she is the only celebrity I always wish would come up with her own namesake scent

mdhg
mdhg

I dont think is too strong, but last a lot. I love it

I had a lovely mini of this one back in the '90s and I loved it! It smelled very jasmine with soft animalic notes, but not beasty. It's very pure and linear and it was an epithome of elegance for me.
I imagined a classy younglady of the '50s with a silk dress in light colour with a tight belt, high heels, waved blond hair, smiling. Kind of Grace Kelly.
Clean, elegant and seductive without trying hard on the vulgar approach. No need.
It may seem mature now, but it's a classic.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

CH is one of my all time favorites! I am a drag artist and am in posession of a vintage Chanel suit of chocolate brown cashmere and mink collar! I call it "the divorce suit". It has a pencil skirt, peplum jacket and the mink collar is TO DIE FOR!!! CH suits it down to the ground ... I have tried to wear no 5 with it ... it's just not bitchy enough! CH is my "bitchy" fragrance! Like Ivana Trump said ... " don't get even ... get EVERYTHING!"
I've just being reading through the reviews on this one ... are you girls mad? This is INCREDIBLE!!! If you want to get laid wear this!!! 20 to 60 this juice is SUPER SEXY!!!

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

This is very classy (like chanel no5) smell and lasts a very long time, certainly very potent. I would say for a mature soul and evening wear.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I love this as an evening perfume but it is becoming increasingly hard to find. (Like all the other perfumes I have loved!) Last found it in the duty-free shop at Johannesburg Airport.

Daisy Nirmal
Daisy Nirmal

I 'discovered' this when we lived in Spain in the early 90s and have worn it on and off ever since. This is the only perfume I wear and get lots of compliments (both men and women). I find it very feminine and sensual. It lasts forever so you only need a small drop!

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

this is a pretty nice and long lasting scent. I'm a 33 y.o. woman and I did wear it when I was about 21. I did receive a lot of compliments,I still... but now I think it does not match with my personality at all. A lot of people say is an old scent, like chanel #5.
I disagree, but sincerely I won't buy it again.

I.I
I.I

Nice floral scent but quite strong too. Definately a winter perfume, which lasts very long and a tiny drop is enough to make your clothes smell for long.
It smells like 'mama', not suitable for a 'light', fresh and mysterious impression, better for older ladies or for more official occasions.
Still though, a nice, elegant (but not sexy) perfume.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This isn't the sillage bomb that I expected, (EDP) I find this a lush white tuberose heavy floral which is lighter than Gaultiers Fragile, for example, and quite sweet. It's drydown is more civet heavy, however, and you need to be able to tolerate a bit of animalic notes to wear this comfortably. I like it!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Great all around floral scent kind of sweet and one of my first perfumes I collected in the 90's.

manideepac
manideepac

i've used this one...and can't get enough of it! received several compliments whenever i've worn it on a date. good for evening wear, especially in tropical weather and fairly long-lasting. good for people, like me, who like floral scents.

mel927
mel927

It's my favorite perfume but hard to find. Not sure if they change the formulation. One that does not give me a headache.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I fell in love with this scent as a teenager and I never owned a bottle until I became an adult this is so classy and even though it's old I still love it!!

Ivyta_san
Ivyta_san

Is my mother perfume.... This perfume resumes a warm hug from my mom =)...
The best for a mature woman

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

I recently rediscovered this one via a mini on Ebay. It is joyful, sophisticated, and very floral. This is a very rounded fragrance with the exception of a sharp metallic tangy edge that persists the entire wear. I LOVE how it lingers in the back of the palate and is faintly reminiscent of gasoline! I am guessing that it is the "syntheticy" peach note which reminds me greatly of that same "tang" present in two of my other favs: Gucci Rush and Maybe Baby! This fragrance is otherwise a loud white floral with a more balanced tuberose then Fracas (which I can't stand). Long lasting and extremely potent! Very sexy and VERY sophisticated. I can imagine it on a designer jean and stiletto heel clad Latina out for a day of shopping. This perfume would be worn by a woman who commands respect in the most effortless and graceful manner. Someone with means and confidence (and probably bright lipstick), a true lady! This gem is in my top 5!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

Yes, I agree with others,It is nice oriental perfume.Jasmine in it is makes it rich. Only has big minus:it is very strong

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Many Moons ago I wore this all the time and loved it.
I received so many compliments and my hubby adored it!
Last week he spotted in in House Of Fraser and got all excited...obviously it aroused many happy memories!!! funny thing is men seem to like difernet smells to women and this is one of them I think. I could not wear this now, it is a lovely perfume, very grown up.
I think this is one those that if you spray on a lot and then sniff it hard you will hate it. All you need is a very little and you are set for the whole day and night and lets face it that is a BIG bonus these days!
Floral and sexy which I normally would not put together. This is one to wear with a suit and high heels, definately not jeans and Ugg boots, if you see what I mean.

Gillie
Gillie

Oh dear: it is my mother's signature fragrance. Such a powerful sillage, people (mostly male) actually stop her in the street to ask what it is. Young male waiters comment on it in restaurants. It clings to her clothes--even hanging in the closet, and my children recognise it as "Grandma's scent." It is huge--like an alarm or a siren-- an overpoweringly sweet and insistent floral, but somehow artificial and unnatural. One high wailing note. It hits me like an icepick in the eye: automatic migraine material. So sorry, mum.

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

while i think it smells delightful, it IS really old-fashioned, and not suitable for most occasions if you're under 25.... but you can pull it off if you've got what it takes. it's a very warm, rich, voluptuous sort of fragrance, i think.

good for days when you feel like paying homage to a bygone era? i really want to wear this together with a tutu and rainboots and huge shades, i feel like it would be perfect.

the other time i would wear it would be with very lacey lingerie. ;)

UPDATE:
i have tried wearing it to bed a few times and something musky and aggressive and sour comes out in the base for me. I think it's a combination of 2 factors: 1. the civet is coming out strongly on me lately, and the more i smell it the sicker i feel. 2. i don't know what it is, but lately anything with cedar in it just smells stuffy and sickening to me, especially when combined with vetiver, which i usually like.

so... tastes change? i find it less pleasant than i once did....

Eleiria
Eleiria

Jasmine! All I get for the first 2 hours is pure jasmine. Very strong, heady floral. Feels a bit old-fashioned but it's lovely. Though, too much for me. Better for middle-aged woman, it would be very sleek and nice on them.

Later edit: It turned very sour on my skin after a few hours. Like flowers gone bad.

superdemona
superdemona

My favorite, the top notes make me love it even if my pocket ended empty. Only for special events.

mcelferr
mcelferr

About the fragrance, I can say it's a heavy flower blend, dominate by the narcissus sweetened by the peach and sandalwood. On my skin, the dry down is similar to Chloe Narcisse, a bit more woody. I've seen several similar adjectives to it like "retro", "öld Lady" "grandma""old fashioned"
Well, I think if you, with your eyes closed, get next to someone who is wearing this one, you will certainly guess it's not a girl. It's a WOMAN.

hollycat
hollycat

This is so old fashioned IMO. And for some reason I get a big dose of gardinia from it, not listed in the notes. It reminds me of Sung by Alfred Sung. It also resembles Annick Goutals Gardinia passion. I guess this is the result of a massive white floral concoction.

Lasting power is great, sillage is powerful. But not my style.

mandi
mandi

Thanks for the sample Nyoka

A classic super floral with massive sillage for the first two hours -very beautiful - then something unfortunate happens, the bergamot and narcissus become more pronounced and a bit oily/greasy and overshadow every other note.

xs
xs

I used to be IN LOVE with this scent. I recieved it as a gift from my mother and I was amazed. The jasmine just overwhealmed me and I used to sniff it like a drug addict. I have not smelled this in years but it's full of memories.

This one is FANTASTIC!!! I also have a big bodycream of it, and that one is SOO rich, that you do not need to add the perfume as well! That strong!!
WONDERFUL!

sirena
sirena

I had this some years ago, as a teenager. I loved it, but nobody else seemed to like it at all and I stopped using it. Stangely, at the time I used much stronger perfumes than today (Lou Lou, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique, etc.) and I recieved many compliments for them but Carolina Herrera did not seem to be appreciated by anybody, maybe I should try again.

Michellebeth
Michellebeth

This is a very grown-up fragrance. Considering I've been a grown-up for many years, it's delightful to have finally found my scent. Yes, it's strong, but heck isn't that the idea? I love that it lingers a bit on my coat or scarf. I would wear it every day if I could justify the cost. Nevertheless it makes any special occasion just that much more special. It seems very 1920's, an era of glamor that I love.

gigiletta
gigiletta

it is warm,a bit sharp,maybe retro but it is adorable,sleeping like pillow, full of jasmine,good longlasting and cool bottle.

ananda
ananda

I really like this one! Very sophisticated, mysterious, womanly... A very strong but delicious floral, old fashioned in a beautiful way. One of the only florals that I really like and that doesn't give me a headache.

It's the fragrance of a confident, mature, strong and feminine woman, sensual in a non-obvious way. It always reminds me of incense and this type of floral mysteriousness.

I had a mini bottle of this for many years, and I never ever wore it because I never thought it suited the way I felt about myself. I thought: "This is going to be perfect for me one day!" I think I could have found good oportunities to wear it. And now I kind of regret it, cause it's gone bad (since I didn't take good care of my perfumes for a long time).

Anyways, now I also wouldn't buy a new bottle before making sure that this civet thing is synthetic. Can't stand all the cruelty involved in extracting animal byproducts as well as in animal testing.

guest_Cov
guest_Cov

This is my wife's scent. It's likely the most wonderful perfume that's ever hit my senses. It's bold but not overpowering, not too weak that you have to be an inch from the woman to smell it, and its as beautiful as the woman in my life who wears it.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I heard this was Angelina Jolie's favorite scent for a while. I just don't like the fragrance at all. It is too strong, too sharp, too much old lady in my opinion. This will punch you in the face. Just not for me.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Whoa! This one is some high powered stuff. I applied my normal amount of 2 sprays (EDT) and after 8 hours, I'm still wafting a cloud of powder. Unfortunately, it's a caustic cloud so heavy my throat is dry! I can't imagine how strong the EDP must be.
Initially, I picked up something sweet, almost tropical like frangipani but it's not a listed note. The top definately reminds me of Tommy Bahama.
I don't know... I only have a little left and I love the drydown scent skin-close. So if I get up enough cajones to try it again, I'll be sure to use only a dab or 2 and see if that works for me. To the rest of you, WARNING! USE WITH A SUPER LIGHT HAND!

guest_Inna
guest_Inna

This is gorgeous and feminine!My signature scent. My opinion is for real women only.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I tried Carolina about 2 weeks ago and liked it so much, that I decided to try more Carolina Herrera fragrances.

So here I am , testing Carolina Herrera. Well, though it is not very old fragrance, considering the year it was introduced in, it smells really old-fashioned. In my opinion, suits only 50+ women.

P.S. EDP is extremely floral and strong, should be sprayed very carefully.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Anything with Jasmine or Tuberose gets my attention! I really like this fragrance although it is strong. A little goes a long way but very feminine and classy!

kiselina
kiselina

Powerful floral, filling up all the free space around you. I would consider it as an aristocratic fragrance. For confident women, not for young girls (though i fell in love with it when i was a teenager). Full of tuberose, hyacinth and lily of the valley.

grati
grati

First i didn't think this would stay with me, but as i am finishing the bottle i am seriously thinking i should buy me another one. Girls, if you like strong, "devoted" perfumes as Loulou, for example, you will surely like this one:)

once,I had tested "Carolina" perfume and I felt liking it.today when I tried it again,I was really confused that it wasn't the same smelling I had in my memory.not that I'm checking it in the site I realize I expected this one to be "Carolina",not "Carolina Herrera".
by the way this is a pure floral fragrance which is full of ingredients of every single classic perfume.it's riched with narcissus,lily of the valley and tuberose.
even the first notes are sweet and floral and as the times passes it becomes more and more floral.
I don't consider this one a perfume with personality and it's not the best work by CH.but it's the only real classic one.it would be wearable for old fashioned ladies who are older than 40.

smp
smp

I admit that this is my favorite nº1 in the 90'S.. oh my, what a scent is it!!
I started to use this in Spain in 1990 and it was the star scent and everybody say typical "wich parfum you use, i want it, i love it"
Some people says that this smell is for an old woman but i'm not agree.. In my opinion this scent is a powerful floral, one of the most lasting that i've found, for a woman who has class, beauty and is sure of herself.
A classic one that you will never forget..

CFKay
CFKay

Wanted this for so, so long. I was sure I'd love it - but now that I have it .... I just can't wear it! Even just smelling it straight from the bottle nauseates me terribly. Ugh! Perhaps my bottle has gone off as I honestly can't find anything nice about this one.

itastica
itastica

I'm so mixed about this scent. I love the middle notes, but eventually the strength of the perfume gives me a headache.

I really smell fruity floral notes on this perfume, but according to this site there aren't a lot of fruity notes in this perfume.

tasha0705
tasha0705

well, it is very floral and it is very overwhelming, but only in the beginning, later on it softens and becoms powdery and warm, but not heavy and its staying power is extremely long. It is multilayered and appropriate for cold weather, not at all for summer. Yes, it doess seem a bit more for elder women, but why? Younger women, in their early thirties can also wear it, if they have what it takes to wear such a great and powerful scent. For real women only

Malegria
Malegria

I feel a lots of warm, delicious jasmine.Almost a mono fragrance at first! I actually think it is very good, gives good credit to this special flower.It is a bit strong even for me, but the dry down is so good it`s worth waiting.

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

I believe Carolina Herrera wears (or wore) Fracas, and this is her homage to that great fragrance. I like both this and Fracas - Carolina Herrera is perhaps a little more feminine, Fracas a little more classical.

azuriiita
azuriiita

In my country was a success at 90's ... But to me, its overwhelming. I wasn't able to wear this, when i was 14 years old :)

However, its elegant, and any women loves it... (emphasis: women, not men)

Could be suitable to protocolar events, with formal clothes and pearls maybe... or to be noticed wherever you are ;)

Jasmine, tuberose, ylang-ylang, hyacinth, muskkkkkk¡¡¡, civet, cedar, amber, sandal: all in the same intensity... that you can smell at one blow!... .....Is impossible don't be noticed whit this perfume...

After a while its fruity-sour/jasmine-tuberose-woody

I'ts better at nights... more volatile, and a bit more flowery. In my opinion its a classic and elegant combination of jasmine and tuberose

jeanol
jeanol

very strong and overwhelmingly powerful; a little too much for my tastes. Love the elegant bottle though!

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

The notes to this are very simple: Jasmine, Tuberose, Sandal, Amber. But the fragrance itself is definitely not one dimensional. I mostly smell the Sandal and Amber dominating the Tuberose! Where is the Tuberose? This is a pretty musky, mature, complex scent. Overall for the older age group i should think... The lasting power is great! there is something glorious about this one.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I found this to smell like something my grandmother would wear... very overpowering and not at all what I expected.. I too think power 80's and soapy or bathbeadish... very disappointing.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Extremely obnoxious floral, one of the most obnoxious perfumes I've smelled. I sprayed it on myself and wanted to fall over. This stuff will punch you in the nose. I honestly wouldn't enjoy even smelling it on someone else. At first it started out nice and soft, but the dry down is a heaving amount of florals and green. I've never met a perfume that started out soft but dried down even stronger than was first sprayed! Ugh. I mainly smell white flowers and nothing else from this. All you need from this is one spray, or half a spray. It's strong - and will probably attract bees :)

Aiona
Aiona

My mother bought me this perfume in the 90's. TOO STRONG for me. I don't like perfumes that have this "bath bead" smell. Perhaps it's the ylang-ylang, or maybe tuberose? Lily of the Valley, hyacinth? Or gardenia? Or the combination of all these heavy florals. But it's that same weird smell I get from ALL the perfumes I see for sale at Renaissance Fairs. It's like they all use the same base note or something. And that's the predominant smell of this perfume, and I just can't stand it!

Sicily
Sicily

This is nice, strong floral (an 80's type), classy and feminine fragrance. Suitable for most occasions, you can hardly go wrong with this one. Not chemical at all, and that's what I like about it. But it is also type I get bored of quickly.

Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera 3.58 out of 5 based on 519 ratings and 125 user reviews

Cologne 2.5oz
212 Deodorant by Carolina Herrera, 5 oz Deodorant Spray for Men
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 5 oz Deodorant Spray
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 5 oz Deodorant Spray
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Eau De Toilette 1oz
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Men
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging
CH CAROLINA HERRERA NEW for MEN by Carolina Herrera AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
CH CAROLINA HERRERA NEW for MEN by Carolina Herrera AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
Ch Sport Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Ch Sport Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ch Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
CH CAROLINA HERRERA NEW for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
212 Pop by Carolina Herrera TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
212 Pop by Carolina Herrera TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
212 Vip Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
212 Vip Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
212 Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Men
Ch Sport Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Ch Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz After Shave
Ch Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz After Shave
212 SUMMER for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ LIMITED EDITION 2013
212 SUMMER for MEN by Carolina Herrera EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ LIMITED EDITION 2013
CH CAROLINA HERRERA SPORT for MEN by Carolina Herrera SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 3.4 OZ
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Chic Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Chic Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Carolina Herrera Cologne by Carolina Herrera - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
212 Sexy Cologne by Carolina Herrera, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.